Senior LCF Member

Gallery: scalestepper
Stats: 247/190.2/less
WOE: 5:2/IF:16/8/ lc
Start Date: Atkins- 9/9/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggygirl View Post
Hi Stepper!

You bring up such a good question - how did we lose sight of things??? For me I think part of it was my brain getting SO carb clouded the second I let them slip back in that I wasn't even thinking clearly. Junkie thinking took over - all those little lies rolling through my head. All it takes is believing just one (i.e. "I'll just start over tomorrow") and I was off to the races and things just got worse and worse. I hope I can keep my wits about me this time!

Not sure if it has been the same for you, but that's sort of how I see it.

What is popper sauce??? Recipe please? (or did I miss that one up stream???)

Have a good day!

DG
I agree DG, I can now see...when I came out of my fog.. I've been doing it all wrong. I think I also enjoyed the medication part of potatoes, bread, sweets, etc. I am so tired of starting over again tomorrow....I want this to work.

The popper sauce is awesome. It was posted in the lobby, chicken popper sauce. I've had it on boiled shrimp and chicken.

Jalepeno popper sauce.

Simplified...

2 T bacon fat (I might use butter sometime)
2 t diced jalepeno, I by Mt Olive I think
1 tsp chicken bullion, 3/4 c water
4 oz cream cheese
3/4 c grated cheddar cheese, I used Kraft triple cheddar
3 pieces bacon, cut into pieces

Cook bacon, set aside, put the other ingredients in the pan, heat, add back in the bacon pieces

Let's do it!

Atkins- 9/9/12 to 2/5/13 (247 to 228.6 -18.4lbs)
5:2/IF/lc -2/5/13 through today -38.4 lbs
Total loss to date - 56.8
---------------
Cathy
scalestepper is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-24-2012, 12:12 PM   #152
Senior LCF Member

Hi to all!

Yesterday was good and today is so far!

My menu was
2 boiled eggs, pat butter
3 oz baked chicken breast, 2 T popper sauce, 4 oz baby yellow squash, oo, T onion
macadamia nuts l.5 oz
coffee, t coconut butter
cup chili, 1/2 c coleslaw
few pork rinds, 2 T popper sauce

I got the hungries after lunch, I sure hope the squash didn't trigger it. I had read on a thread about making jullienne squash, I had a baby yellow
one so I did it and sauced it lightly in oo with T onion. The onion may have been the trigger. The squash was delicious. It is definitely a keeper recipe in place of spaghetti if I can handle the carbs. I never dreamed I would be tweaking what I eat by a T onion or a squash,

I learned in WW years ago how to sub yellow squash for corn on the cob. Prick holes in the squash and put it in a plastic bag and microwave with a couple minutes. Cut it in half and sprinkle with butter buds. It tastes just like corn. I haven't checked the carbs in the butter buds since beginning this woe.

Laundry today, let's have a good one! Same o song and dance.
Old 10-25-2012, 12:11 PM   #153
Senior LCF Member

Here I am back again... and thankful to say I'm still on program and enjoying my new woe.....reworking recipes, learning about carbs.

I weighed this morning, down .4 and I'll take it. Slow and steady. I may step up taking my gcbe, I took one this morning before brunch and I wasn't hungry until lunch and really not starving then but ate to keep from crashing. I've been sleeping later and my eating patterns are different. I still get 3 meals in.

I am thinking of lower fat/better fat, prob will drop my calories a little.

My menu yesterday was
2 fried eggs, 3 bacon, t salsa
1.5 oz macadamia nuts
coffee w T hwc
egg, 1 oz chicken breast, pickle
3 oz sirloin strip steak,T hwc, lettuce, t ranch dressing

Dh wanted a meatloaf so I think my new recipe is a keeper.
2 lbs 80/20 ground angus...next time, I'll use leaner
2 beaten eggs
tsp onion powder
little stevia
1/2 c Herdez salsa
salt, pepper

Divide into 2 loaves, bake 350 45 min, serve with Smokin' Joes sf bbq sauce.
Freeze one loaf for later. 0 carb per 4 oz serving. bbq sauce is 1 carb per T
and it doesn't take much, it's delicious.

I also made the mochafoni and cheese, omgoodness...

I may experiment with a stew for tomorrow using radishes instead of potatoes, I hope it's good.

This is all about my new food for life...

Let's have a good day!
Old 10-26-2012, 09:41 AM   #154
Senior LCF Member

My menu yesterday was
omm, pat butter
coffee w T hwc
4 oz meatloaf, mochafoni and cheese
2 eggs, grilled spam
Old 10-26-2012, 06:56 PM   #155
Senior LCF Member

Busy day for me. It was a good day.

I didn't make the stew but I did boil the radishes and they were good, tasted like turnips to me. They had lots of liquid, I added them to french green beans.

I started to fix the stew and decided it wouldn't be good without corn, etc so I just put round steak in the crockpot with tomatoes, even left out the onions, I later added some chili seasonings and then didn't eat it but dh did.

I am learning so much about how vegetables affect me, no wonder WW didn't work for me, I have to now really limit tomatoes and onions. I have a spaghetti squash cooked, not sure what I'll do with it.

My bath and bed is calling me, I hope everyone had a good day!
Old 10-27-2012, 07:55 AM   #156
Senior LCF Member

My menu yesterday was
boiled egg
coffee w T hwc
radishes, green beans, pat butter 2 oz Smoked Sausage
Macadamia Nuts
Beef Brisket 4oz,coleslaw
Pork Roast smoked, 2 oz
Old 10-28-2012, 08:49 AM   #157
Senior LCF Member

It's a good morning, all is still good with me, on program, no problems knock on wood.

Mister is away again this weekend and I stocked up with easy things to eat. No thoughts of being alone binges.

I am having so much fun watching movies instead of the food channel. Bull Durham, how funny, I lollollol...Ethel, The Deep End of the Ocean, that doesn't sound right but it was something like that, I cried, Misery, omg.

My menu yesterday was
boiled egg, oo
smoked oysters,
macadamia nuts
brisket, smoked pork
chili, sour cream,

I am so thankful for this day and thankful for no hunger. I hope everyone has a great day!
Old 10-29-2012, 10:22 AM   #158
Senior LCF Member

First, know that everyone in the path of - or - affected by Hurricane Sandy is in my prayers.

I am still happy with woe and food is good. This is something I am working very hard at, it's not a given. I am so trying to keep this interesting and satisfying, it's the best thing I can do to be successful and long term. I want it to work and I work making it work if that makes sense. It's not that I never am tempted because I am, I'm just in a good place and don't want to tempt fate with something meaningless. I am a big girl, I will say no to mind hunger today, I will stay on program one more day. I am strong and I am worth it!!!

Revelation..........my legs aren't rubbing together!!! I want to remember that.

I am in my 12th week, nearly 3 months and I am so thankful. Everyone remember we are in a full moon, time to consider new, good things.

My menu yesterday was
2 boiled eggs, 2 bacon, pat butter
coffee, 1 T hwc
catfish filet, coleslaw, butter, oo
macadamia nuts
pepperroni, cheese,
mock candy balls.

I mixed a little sour cream with some cream cheese, added in some sf lime jello, tossed little balls of this into ground almonds. They were good, satisfied my sweet tooth. How can I wish for a better woe with no guilt.

I hope everyone has a good day! Stay safe!
Old 10-31-2012, 09:08 AM   #159
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ChristineCQ
Stats: 234/192/159 (5'7")
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 7/26/10 (re-start; original start 6/03)
Happy Halloween!!
ChristineCQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 01:25 PM   #160
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineCQ View Post
Happy Halloween!!
Christine and happy Halloween to you, I sure am glad you are online to let us know you are okay...

I continue to enjoy this woe and it is good to me.

We went to vote, now I can b#$c# if I want to. We have also been glued to the tv, my heart just breaks for all who are without homes, heat, electricity, just the pure misery of it all.

My food has been good,
Monday,
egg, butter, sausage links
coffee, T hwc
spaghetti squash, chili, cheese, sour cream
egg drop soup, hwc, butter

Yesterday,
eggs, bacon
taco salad, cheese, sour cream, guacamole 100 cal pkg
coffee hwc
sw taco soup, cheese, sour cream
macadamia nuts

I have my halloween candy to give out, great big lollipops, the kids will love them and they aren't a problem for me.

I have been thinking about Thanksgiving and the stuffing, it's crazy, I don't make it all year and then I start wanting it...so I tried to think what was it about it that I wanted and it is the sage, celery, onions...so I made some chicken soup with
miracle rice and those seasongs and wow, it sure took care of that craving, I think that will work for me.

There has to be a way we can fix our mind hunger and not go off program and there usually is.

Hope everyone has a good Halloween, be safe and let's stay on program!!!

Last edited by scalestepper; 10-31-2012 at 02:00 PM..
Old 11-01-2012, 06:47 PM   #161
Senior LCF Member

yesterday
1 egg, 1 bacon
coffee w t co
miracle rice, vienna sausage
2 ribs, coleslaw
macadamia nuts

today
2 eggs,l bratwurst
bratwurst
coffee w t co oil
coffee w hwc
miracle rice leftover rib
macadamia nuts

I sauted about a t chopped onion and celery in T butter, added in the miracle rice and t chicken flavoring, sauted that, added a little sage and T hwc, it tasted like stuffing to me. This is going to make good rice and cheese and brocolli and cheese dish.

I hope everyone had a good day!
Old 11-03-2012, 04:17 PM   #162
Senior LCF Member

Hello to all!

I have to say I didn't think I'd ever make a dish that was up there like chili for me but my Pizza Pie I made yesterday is just as good. And, it was fast and easy. I hope it works for any of you guys who might try it.

I had 2 pieces that were leftover for lunch, warmed up, and it was still awesome. Sauting the pepperoni pieces with the ground meat and spices really made for a pizza taste. What I like most about a pizza is the cheese, a little sauce and pepperoni and this sure had that taste. Next time I make it I'll measure the spices but I usually have a light hand with dry spices so I think anyone making it can wing it.

Yesterdays menu
pizza, coleslaw
macadamia nuts
chicken livers
cream cheese, lime jello

I hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 11-06-2012, 07:55 AM   #163
Senior LCF Member

I lost a lb!!!
Old 11-06-2012, 09:44 AM   #164
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Congrats on your loss!! Love the pizza pie idea! I totally love pizza, but it's really the sauce/pepperoni/cheese that I like; I can do without the crust. Can't wait to try it! Have a great Tuesday!
Old 11-06-2012, 05:24 PM   #165
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Congrats on your loss!! Love the pizza pie idea! I totally love pizza, but it's really the sauce/pepperoni/cheese that I like; I can do without the crust. Can't wait to try it! Have a great Tuesday!
Thank you Christine!!! It's so good to see you back, I hope you enjoy the pizza!
Old 11-09-2012, 10:42 AM   #166
Senior LCF Member

A checkin....

I am still enjoying this woeing and still on program, thank you Lord!
I've stopped logging a daily menu since I'm using an online program.

I continue to experiment and change our meals, today sauted cabbage seasoned with ranch dressing, roast cooked with salsa.

I cooked a porkloin roast this week with pepperoncini peppers and it was awesome. I think it was bejewelme's recipe but couldn't find it anyway thank you who ever posted it. I later put chicken broth, cabbage with some of the shredded pork/peppers and made a pork verde salsa soup of a sort, mixed a cup with a pkg of miracle rice, so good!

I felt overwhelmed yesterday/last night, not about the woe but life getting in the way. I got mind hungry but only ate an extra serving of macdamia nuts and a cream cheese muffin and it worked better for me than other things I could mention.

I hope everyone is doing good, have a great weekend and still praying for those affected by Sandy!
Old 11-12-2012, 03:28 AM   #167
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sounds delicious! Have a wonderful Monday!
Old 11-12-2012, 08:56 AM   #168
Senior LCF Member

Thank you Christine! You too!

I experimented with a recipe for low carb cornbread and it was really good. It's easy to google but if you want the recipe let me know. I guess it's believable because I asked dh if he wanted a piece for breakfast and he said......cornbread for breakfast????..well no...

I also read about making bone broth and I think that sounds interesting, I've made broth but never bone broth, guess I'll do that with my next chicken.

I worked on cleaning my pantry and spices this weekend, what a relief. I need to declutter even small things for this woe.

I hope everyone has a safe holiday and I am so thankful for all that the Veterans have sacrificed for us.
Old 11-12-2012, 11:09 AM   #169
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I love the idea of making bone broth! So healthy. I have beef bones in the freezer right now, but I can't make them because the smell of bones cooking makes DH want to hurl. Oh well...........(and they're good grass-fed bones, too! ).
Old 11-12-2012, 12:04 PM   #170
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I love the idea of making bone broth! So healthy. I have beef bones in the freezer right now, but I can't make them because the smell of bones cooking makes DH want to hurl. Oh well...........(and they're good grass-fed bones, too! ).
I am sooo jealous...that would be so awesome. As you say, oh well, at least he eats chicken, mine doesn't.
Old 11-13-2012, 03:20 AM   #171
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I don't know what I'd do if I couldn't cook chicken! I don't think I know how to cook without chicken.

Though let me say that chicken is NOT DH's favorite, but any stretch! I get away with cooking it a few times/week, but any more than that, and I think he'd stage a protest! DS, too.
Old 11-13-2012, 02:42 PM   #172
Senior LCF Member

[QUOTE=ChristineCQ;16075630]I don't know what I'd do if I couldn't cook chicken! I don't think I know how to cook without chicken.

It's not easy. I cook it for me and the puppies enjoy it. I've been studying about this bone broth stuff and decided to go with chicken first since I will need to locate healthy beef bones. Guess I'm kind thinking if I'm going to be cooking that close to the core of the animal, I need good stuff. I've just gotten back from the grocery store, I picked up some organic chickens and apple cider vinegar. Some of the recipes sound kind of "hairy", keep it going 1 week in a crockpot, yuk, I don't think so for me. Also one said keep the broth in frig for 5 days, take it out, reheat it and it would be good for 5 more, how can this be safe?

Anywho, I am ready to either roast then do the broth or begin with the chicken in the pot. That's prob what I'll do since I have chili cooked. It will be so neat to have that to add to some miracle rice.

I cooked dh some rolls last night. I've been reading the healthified sub thread and gave that a try but made rolls instead of a sub. They rose really nice with a pretty good texture. I plan on seasoning the recipe up and that will be my standby recipe for hamburgers, sandwiches, etc. I plan on making a different recipe when my chia seeds come in tomorrow.

I want to remember that it's easier to walk and breathe, I'm not stressed, and I'm giving it my best shot today!

I hope everyone is having a good day!
Old 11-14-2012, 12:09 PM   #173
Senior LCF Member

to all!

I am so excited! The chicken bone broth is awesome and so worth making. I removed the chicken, deboned it, and added the bones back in for overnight simmering.

Also, I now have the basis for my stuffing recipe. I mentioned earlier about a lowcarb cornbread I am making, it is perfect to use in this since it does taste like cornbread. Miracle rice will be a big part of my stuffing. Here's how far I've gotten.

2 pkgs miracle rice, rinsed, sauted w t chicken seasoning and T butter until the liquid is gone. Add in 2 or 3 ladles of the fresh chicken broth, poultry seasoning, onion powder, celery salt and flakes, sea salt as desired. Simmer. I made a serving with a piece of the cornbread and 1/2 c of the rice/broth mixture, added in sage and black pepper to taste. It is soooo good. I will saute onions, celery for Thanksgiving but this can be a good, low carb - anyday - dish. The cornbread is 2 net carbs per piece, 9 servings to the recipe. I haven't tried baking the stuffing yet as I was so tickled with the taste and texture unbaked with no eggs and wanted to share how good it is.

I'm not sure that the sub recipe is going to work for us after all. I made a loaf last night and it rose nicely and then fell with just like an air bubble inside. Dh says it feels like it has a little sand in it, that's from the psyllium powder.

I hope everyone has a good day!

Last edited by scalestepper; 11-14-2012 at 12:10 PM..
Old 11-14-2012, 02:36 PM   #174
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GailyGail
Stats: 200/170/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2, 2012
Scalestepper, how do you like the Miracle Rice? I've been dying to try it. By the way, congratulations on your wonderful progress and weight loss! You are a great inspiration and I wish you continued success! -- Gail
GailyGail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 04:03 PM   #175
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GailyGail View Post
Scalestepper, how do you like the Miracle Rice? I've been dying to try it. By the way, congratulations on your wonderful progress and weight loss! You are a great inspiration and I wish you continued success! -- Gail
Hi Gail!!! Thanks so much for stopping by.

I love the Miracle Rice....only...I have tried all of the others, different noodles, yam included and have a problem with the bounce/texture. These are such a small size and delicate, tender texture. They do have a slight fish smell when opened but it is rinsed away. I then put them in a small pan and saute them down with a teaspoon of chicken dry seasoning and a T butter about 5 or so minutes to dry them. They absorb the flavor of they are cooked with, thus, bulking up the serving size with no carbs or calories. I hope this helps because like you, I was eager to try them and wanted to like them, this brand and type works for me.

Thanks so much for the kind words and wishes, Gail, I really want this to work and I'm enjoying it along the way. Please stop back by, I appreciate it.

Good luck to you too!
Old 11-15-2012, 04:19 AM   #176
Major LCF Poster!

I will for sure. I am going to buy the Miracle Rice from Netrition and follow your recipe too!
Old 11-17-2012, 09:39 AM   #177
Senior LCF Member

Goodmorning!!!!

I hope the miracle noodles work out good for you Gail. It is taking time for me to wrap my mind around them but it's worth learning to eat them.

I had such a great day yesterday getting out and about, feeling so much better, not getting tired so fast.

When I was going in the grocery store, a large man was coming out and I heard he made a gasp like sound. I got inside and turned around to watch him and he was learning on a flower planter catching his breath, then went to his car. My heart hurt for him. I am so thankful I have begun my woe so I won't get to that point and it can happen before one knows it. Thank you Lord.

Holidays are not good for me/ things have changed within our family and it's hard to get excited. But, I'm trying. My dinner is going to be easy and low carb for me, I'm not going to stress it.

I hope everyone has a good day!
Old 11-17-2012, 07:14 PM   #178
Major LCF Poster!

Scalestepper, I hope you are having a great weekend! I am going to try your Spinach Meatball soup recipe -- it sounds good. I am sorry that you are not feeling excited about Thanksgiving but I'm glad you have a good easy low-carb plan underway. Holidays should not be stressful but sometimes they often are.
Old 11-18-2012, 06:54 PM   #179
Senior LCF Member

Thank you so much Gail! Let me know how you like the soup.

I've had a good weekend, busy. Today I groomed the puppies and bathed them so that's done.

I have my Thanksgiving dinner ready to go. I bought the dressing, mac and cheese, mashed potatoes already prepared for dh and Son, isn't that terrible but it will be so jiffy and easy to get it out and heat it up along with green bean cassarole, ham and turkey breast. I got them cranberry sauce but I'm having sf black jerry jello. I'm also making me dressing with lowcarb cornbread and the bone broth. Also, I'm making miracle rice w cheese for me. My plans are to toss onion slices in either almond flour or flax meal and cook them in the oven for the green bean casserole and not use the french's onions. I won't feel deprived at all.

Today I made individual sf New York Cheesecakes and have sf strawberry glaze to serve with them along with whipped cream. My dip for the afternoon and ballgame is going to be popper cream cheese with pork rinds.

I'm pleased that I plan on staying op and dh and Son won't mind how I'm dealing with it.

I hope everyone had a good weekend and DoggieGirl if you checkin, I want you to know that I'm thinking of you and hope you're okay.
Old 11-19-2012, 02:55 AM   #180
Major LCF Poster!

Your Thanksgiving plan sounds excellent. I love how prepared you are!