Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2012, 04:25 PM   #91
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ChristineCQ
Stats: 234/192/159 (5'7")
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 7/26/10 (re-start; original start 6/03)
Ah, yes! A new moon upon us soon. Good for you for experimenting and finding out what works for you. And a big step on giving up the WW membership! I know you'll be successful; you have such a great attitude! Enjoy your weekend and your hair appointment!
ChristineCQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2012, 12:06 PM   #92
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: scalestepper
Stats: 247/190.2/less
WOE: 5:2/IF:16/8/ lc
Start Date: Atkins- 9/9/12
Thank you, thank you Christine, I sure hope to be successful....

Good morning!

Yesterday was good for me, on program with hunger in control.

I hit the jackpot on finding the individual pkgs of macadamia nuts. I am having better results with these than almonds, satisfying with no hunger so far. Also found some bacon jerky which is 0 carbs and it's good.

Chili is on the menu today. I made it in the crockpot with chili meat grind which I've never used, hope it's good. I threw away my masa meal so I wouldn't be tempted to use it anymore. I am so loving those slow cooker liners, no mess no fuss.....

In a rerun of the Dr's they said 1/2 tsp of cinnamon a day was good for blood sugar and cholesterol. I added it to my coffee/coconut oil/fiber snack today.

Yesterdays menu was...

2 boiled eggs, 3 bacon, pat butter
coffee w t hwc, t coconut oil,fiber
1.5 oz macadamia nuts, couple pieces bacon jerky
4 oz beef brisket, 4 T TGIY spinach artichoke cheese dip, pickle
2 oz smoked sausage, 2 T dip, few pork rinds

I don't measure my food but have done WW so long, it's just something I learned to sight measure.

I hope everyone has a great day/weekend!!!
scalestepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:24 AM   #93
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Doggygirl
Stats: 204/183.2/152
WOE: In Limbo
Start Date: Each day is a new day to start fresh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scalestepper View Post
I want to weigh 160 again.
Me too!

Quote:
Yesterday I cancelled my online WW membership, that was a big step for me to let that go.
Funny - I finally cancelled mine this past week too. That nearly made me cry. I LOVE the idea of weight watchers. The meetings, the on-line tools, my wonderful leader, all of it. But I just can't handle the food plan. I've tried to make it work for me lowering carbs, etc. but I think it's hard to sit in meetings and listen to stories of carby recipes and fruit snacks, etc. when that doesn't work for me and I just couldn't make it happen. Onward and forward - the search continues.

Quote:
I have been reading some of the Sourth Beach material and I think I plan on using some of their additions when I do want something extra not on program and beans are allowed daily on their weight loss plan so how can I go terrible wrong doing that. It's worth a try. I know I can't do this often since I eat high fat but I think it's safe for a good carb treat.
I think that is the key - recognizing that to raise carbs we probably have to lower fat. Jenny Ruhl of Blood Sugar 101 really emphasises that - especially in terms of health markers. High fat + high carbs is what reallys sends the heart health markers, etc. in the bad direction. My weight regain (from goal back to 200+ and then again from goal back to my current situation) was largely a problem of high fat + high carbs. Not planned of course, but that is my recipe for weight gain. FWIW

Quote:
Trial and error is the only way I know I can find out what works for me in the long haul.
AMEN SISAH!!!

Quote:
I don't know if this works or not but I've always felt this is a good time to do away with old things and begin new. Good luck!
WOO HOO! May the full moon bring us all success in the changes we are making.

DG
Doggygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:02 AM   #94
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/148.4/?
WOE: lc
everyone! FBG was 81 this morning!!! I having been exercising a lot because for some reason I have lots of energy despite my hot flashes and waking up several times throughout the night.
I have been eating fairly low carb, moderate fat and have cut way back on the protein shakes. Not very low carb at all as I am having a veggie beef soup and about 1/2 of an apple almost every day or sometimes a greek yogurt. Happy for now if this keeps working.
jeaniem is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 12:22 PM   #95
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeaniem View Post
everyone! FBG was 81 this morning!!! I having been exercising a lot because for some reason I have lots of energy despite my hot flashes and waking up several times throughout the night.
I have been eating fairly low carb, moderate fat and have cut way back on the protein shakes. Not very low carb at all as I am having a veggie beef soup and about 1/2 of an apple almost every day or sometimes a greek yogurt. Happy for now if this keeps working.

Woohoo, awesome Jeanie!!! WTG gf! I am so glad things are good with you, finding your grove and doing good! Fingers crossed for you!
Old 10-07-2012, 12:29 PM   #96
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggygirl View Post

I think it's hard to sit in meetings and listen to stories of carby recipes and fruit snacks, etc. when that doesn't work for me and I just couldn't make it happen. Onward and forward - the search continues.

I think that is the key - recognizing that to raise carbs we probably have to lower fat. Jenny Ruhl of Blood Sugar 101 really emphasises that - especially in terms of health markers. High fat + high carbs is what reallys sends the heart health markers, etc. in the bad direction. My weight regain (from goal back to 200+ and then again from goal back to my current situation) was largely a problem of high fat + high carbs. Not planned of course, but that is my recipe for weight gain. FWIW

WOO HOO! May the full moon bring us all success in the changes we are making.

DG
I am so agreement with how your surroundings affect you, sometimes I wish I could even filter my email from getting suggestive food items.

I love it when you share facts you find from your research, it validates what we need to know, thank you so much!
Old 10-07-2012, 02:20 PM   #97
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:

Woohoo, awesome Jeanie!!! WTG gf! I am so glad things are good with you, finding your grove and doing good! Fingers crossed for you!
Thanks scalestepper. Sorry, I didn't mean to post this in your journal I got distracted by DH while posting.

Weight Watchers has a way of luring me in from time to time-don't know why as I know if nothing else I get really annoyed paying them to weigh me.

Last edited by jeaniem; 10-07-2012 at 02:22 PM..
Old 10-07-2012, 02:22 PM   #98
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Thanks scalestepper. Sorry, I didn't mean to post this in your journal I got distracted by DH while posting.
No problem, we are all here for each other!
Old 10-07-2012, 02:37 PM   #99
Senior LCF Member

Hi to all!!!

I appreciate you girls who are supporting me through this and cheering me on, it really makes it easier and for sure, makes me rethink my woe when I'm going to share it. DG, Christine and Jeanie, you help make my day tic!!!

Last night I thought of all of you and actually .. lol... thinking I would tell you how I easily lowered myself into the bathtub, it was so awesome not making such a big splash! Another victory!

My eating was good, appetite was in control.

The chili wasn't worth a dang. I had never used ground chili meat and I definitely didn't like the texture, it was like mushy and it had too much liquid, so in the trash it went. I didn't even want to use it as taco meat.

So...I cooked a rack of ribs for dinner and they were really good!

My menu was...

2 fried eggs, 3 bacon, 2 cherry tomatoes
coffee w t hwc and t coconut oil, fiber, cinnamon
bowl of chili, yuk
macadamias
ribs, cole slaw
jello

Slow, lazy day here...I got up, fixed some bacon and coffee, went back to bed and slept until 11:30...that was a real treat!

I hope we all have a good day on program!
Old 10-07-2012, 02:46 PM   #100
Blabbermouth!!!

Yes the support is great here. DG has helped me to realize that by hiding out when the times are not so good only makes me lose more focus and motivation. I have promised to come in and report the good, bad or otherwise and it really does help!
Old 10-07-2012, 03:22 PM   #101
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Thanks scalestepper. Weight Watchers has a way of luring me in from time to time-don't know why as I know if nothing else I get really annoyed paying them to weigh me.
Don't I know, like I kept paying $18.00 a month online.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:12 AM   #102
Senior LCF Member

Good morning!

Reporting in that all is still good with me, no problem with food for now.

Dh is home all this week so my schedule will be changed somewhat, things to do also.

My menu yesterday was:

6 bacon
boiled egg, coffee w T hwc
3 ribs, coleslaw, T homemade sf bbq sauce
macadamia nuts
sour cream, couple pork rinds

I haven't eaten since 4 yesterday, just not hungry, I hope it doesn't cause me to crater. If this is the benefit of Atkins, I am loving it.

I hope we all have a good day!
Old 10-08-2012, 08:19 AM   #103
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Love that you were able to go back to bed yesterday! A great feeling, indeed. Your menus look great, and I'm glad you're finding our support helpful! We need to cheer each other on through the challenges; we definitely can't do it alone!! Go team! Jeanie, you are so right. Staying away from the board when I was down and out diet-wise did not help me in the least! Being here keeps me honest.

Here's a a great week for all of us! Keep up the great work, Scale!

PS. Your ribs sound delicious! Sorry the chili didn't work out, though.

"When I run, it's me against myself, which means that I always lose." ~Christine

Weight loss journal: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ney-maker.html
Old 10-08-2012, 10:38 AM   #104
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineCQ View Post
Love that you were able to go back to bed yesterday! A great feeling, indeed. Your menus look great, and I'm glad you're finding our support helpful! We need to cheer each other on through the challenges; we definitely can't do it alone!! Go team! Jeanie, you are so right. Staying away from the board when I was down and out diet-wise did not help me in the least! Being here keeps me honest.

Here's a a great week for all of us! Keep up the great work, Scale!

PS. Your ribs sound delicious! Sorry the chili didn't work out, though.
Thank you thank you!!!!

I forgot to share something....

Friday, a friend looked at me kind of flustered, she said, kind of searching for words...you look good...your ....countenance...... looks better....confused me so I had to come home and look it up....

coun·te·nance (kount-nns)
n.
1. Appearance, especially the expression of the face: The question left him with a puzzled countenance.
2. The face or facial features.
a. A look or expression indicative of encouragement or of moral support.
b. Support or approval.
4. Obsolete Bearing; demeanor.
tr.v. coun·te·nanced, coun·te·nanc·ing, coun·te·nanc·es
To give sanction or support to; tolerate or approve

So I guess I am feeling better about myself and it shows!!!
Old 10-09-2012, 09:48 AM   #105
Senior LCF Member

Good morning!!!

Posting yesterdays food, I'll bbl!

4 sausage links, 2 boiled eggs, pat butter
3 vienna sausage,sour cream, pork rinds
macadamias
1/2 rotisserie chicken breast, 1/4 c cheesy ragu, coleslaw
Old 10-09-2012, 09:49 AM   #106
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Improved countenance! A high compliment, indeed!
Old 10-09-2012, 09:58 AM   #107
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hi to all!!!

I appreciate you girls who are supporting me through this and cheering me on, it really makes it easier and for sure, makes me rethink my woe when I'm going to share it. DG, Christine and Jeanie, you help make my day tic!!!
Indeed! We are better together!

Hey - congrats on the "countenance" compliment!!! I can hear your excitement and happiness through your typing without even seeing your face!

How do you cook your ribs?

Have a great day!

DG
Old 10-10-2012, 09:55 AM   #108
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Indeed! We are better together!

Hey - congrats on the "countenance" compliment!!! I can hear your excitement and happiness through your typing without even seeing your face!

How do you cook your ribs?

Have a great day!

DG
Thank you!

I cooked them in the oven 350, 2 hrs, uncovered, that was the directions on the pkg. Then I wrapped them in foil until we wer ready to eat. Delicious. I did sprinkle some of that dry rub on them and on the next day I warmed them back up under the broiler with a little sf bbq sauce.
Old 10-10-2012, 10:06 AM   #109
Senior LCF Member

Hi DG, Christine, Jeanie and everyone!

Things are still going great for me, I am so thankful. I don't venture far from my menu because I like the no hunger.

Yesterdays menu was

2 fried eggs, rewarmed smoked sausage, 3 cherry tomatoes
coffee w 1 T hwc, fiber
pepperoni, sour cream, pork rinds
macadamias
bow of chili, coleslaw, sour cream

I am still taking about 2 gcbe a day. This may be my 3rd week, can't remember. I think the coconut oil may be making me hungry.

Getting ready mentally for dh to be out of town during the days this weekend, preparing my mind for being alone and safe with food. I can do this!

I hope everyone has a great day!
Old 10-10-2012, 11:46 AM   #110
Major LCF Poster!

Hey scalestepper! Good you are thinking about that trigger situation in advance. LOL - you could allocate a couple hours this weekend to reading the whole saga of the Crazy Poop Lady in the Playground. That will keep you entertained for a little while anyway! Seriously....I will be checking in here a lot too just to keep myself on track. We can help each other!

DG
Old 10-10-2012, 12:14 PM   #111
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hey scalestepper! Good you are thinking about that trigger situation in advance. LOL - you could allocate a couple hours this weekend to reading the whole saga of the Crazy Poop Lady in the Playground. That will keep you entertained for a little while anyway! Seriously....I will be checking in here a lot too just to keep myself on track. We can help each other!

DG
We sure can help each other, sharing good, safe ideas.

Where is the playground, I don't see it.
Old 10-10-2012, 01:10 PM   #112
Senior LCF Member

This sounds good.

Spinach Meatball Soup
Comfort food for the Atkins diet.
Ingredients1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1 tbsp garlic powder
3 cubes beef bouillon
1/4 cup chopped onions
1 package spinach
4 cups water
1 lb lean ground beef
Directions1.On medium-high heat bring water and bouillon cubes to a boil.
2.While its coming to a boil mix hamburger, onion, garlic, and parmesan cheese together.
3.Make 1" meatballs out of mixture. Drop balls in boiling water and reduce heat to simmer.
4.Simmer 15 minutes.
5.Add frozen spinach and cook an additional 10 minutes.

I just made a chicken broth, egg noodle type soup that satisfied since my stomach is kind of queazyl

Brought chicken broth to a boil, added a pinch of onion powder, garlic powder, poultry seasoning, then forked in the beaten eggs not stirring them so they wouldn't break up, added a little hwc and butter.
Old 10-11-2012, 12:16 PM   #113
Senior LCF Member

wk 10

Good morning and thank you Lord for this day.

Food is good, all is well with me.

Nothing new to post other than I'm still on program and happy with woe.

My menu yesterday was:
2 fried eggs, 3 bacon
coffee w T hwc, fiber
1 1/2 cups chicken broth-egg soup
ditto for snack
boiled shrimp, coleslaw, jello

I have changed to stevia for my sweetner, that's positive. I was looking at flavorings on the net, trying to decide, I see one for cola. I'll try to find some reviews.

Made the omm this afternoon and forgot to put baking powder in it and it sure was dense, flat, but good.

Trying to decide which online program to enter my food into.

I am excited about the debate tonight.

Gotta run, dh and I have some errands to run.

I hope everyone has a good day on program!
Old 10-12-2012, 03:38 AM   #114
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks for the recipe! Let us know if you make it.
Old 10-12-2012, 04:38 AM   #115
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
This sounds good.

Spinach Meatball Soup
Comfort food for the Atkins diet.
Ingredients1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1 tbsp garlic powder
3 cubes beef bouillon
1/4 cup chopped onions
1 package spinach
4 cups water
1 lb lean ground beef
Directions1.On medium-high heat bring water and bouillon cubes to a boil.
2.While its coming to a boil mix hamburger, onion, garlic, and parmesan cheese together.
3.Make 1" meatballs out of mixture. Drop balls in boiling water and reduce heat to simmer.
4.Simmer 15 minutes.
5.Add frozen spinach and cook an additional 10 minutes.

I just made a chicken broth, egg noodle type soup that satisfied since my stomach is kind of queazyl

Brought chicken broth to a boil, added a pinch of onion powder, garlic powder, poultry seasoning, then forked in the beaten eggs not stirring them so they wouldn't break up, added a little hwc and butter.
Ditto that this sounds good! How did it turn out?

I watched the debate last night too and was simply frustrated by it. JB rolling his eyes and laughing and PR just a young pup. Ugh. The middle east situation is scary. Not sure I have confidence in any of these guys to lead in a way that will keep it all from blowing up. Maybe keeping it all from blowing up isn't even possible. Anyway...nuff politics I guess!

Off to the gym!

DG
Old 10-12-2012, 06:41 AM   #116
Senior LCF Member

Good morning and hiya Christine and DG!

The debate was as I should have known it would be...B being B, what a clown and he was so rude. PR wasn't as prepared as I thought he would be but he did hold his own against a vet in re foreign policy.

I haven't made that recipe yet, just the chicken broth one. I was kind of queazy and it helped. It wasn't a good day, I felt like every pore I had filled up with fluid from all the salt and nothing worked normally if you know what I mean, you couldn't have paid me to get on the scales.

Today is better. I don't know why our bodies do that to us, it's almost like sabotage.

I was thinking this morning, I remember the last time I lost weight, when I was down to 160 buying new T shirts and from there I went blank about what happened and why did I regain the weight. I

Yesterday's menu was

2 fried eggs, 2 bacon
coffee w 1 T hwc
omm, pat butter
salmon croquettes, steamed cauliflower, little coleslaw

I'll be gone this afternoon, I hope we all have a good day!!!
Old 10-13-2012, 05:49 AM   #117
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Mmmm, salmon!! A guy I work with just went salmon fishing, and I was trying to convince him to bring me some of his haul! I love salmon! Hope you have a great weekend!
Old 10-13-2012, 06:30 AM   #118
Major LCF Poster!

How do you make salmon croquettes? You and Christine are the recipe queens! And Amber for the 2 ingredient crock pot recipes!

I all the time over why I regained all this weight......

Have a fun day!

DG
Old 10-13-2012, 08:46 AM   #119
Senior LCF Member

Good morning and thank you DG and Christine!

I made my patties with
2 -6 oz cans boneless, skinless salmon
2 beaten eggs
1/2 cup crushed pork rinds
1/2 t lemon pepper
1/2 t baking powder
black pepper to taste

Mix everything, pan fry in small patties.
I think I overworked the rinds in the bullet, mine were just a tad salty, next time I'll just crush them, I think I'll use fewer that way or I may just use a little less.
12 patties - I froze 6 for another meal

Last night I had a "makeshift" version of Christines crockpot chicken, it was so good. I already had my chicken cooked seasoned with dry ranch dressing mix. I put it in a little sour cream with the buffalo sauce. omgoodness, it was good. That would make such a great dip.

I had a wonderful day yesterday, haircut and fun with friends. Bought a few groceries and made it through the store with the bakery smells just fine..I had a mantra going in...I can do this because I can have bacon...

I plan on having the chicken dish again today it was so good. Also some baked catfish filets, yummy... I feel confident my being alone is good, I am safe with myself, what a blessing that is.

I can see that my face and neck are thinner. There is nothing more intimidating than looking in the mirror at the beauty shop with that cape around your neck. My transition from patio dresses to jeans and blouse makes it difficult for others to really notice yet and that's okay, they really saw all of me

I don't know where I am with ketosis. I haven't used the strips. As long as I eat program, I must be okay with whatever. I guess this time with very few times of scalestepping, I've destressed. I am all not letting those two things validate my progress. I see and feel less of me.

My menu yesterday was..
2 boiled eggs, pat butter
coffee w 1 T hwc
1.5 oz macadamias
3 oz steamed chicken breast,
3 T sour cream, few pork rinds,
t wing sauce, pat butter

I hope all you guys have a wonderful day and weekend.

Last edited by scalestepper; 10-13-2012 at 08:47 AM..
Old 10-13-2012, 11:13 AM   #120
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Funny that you mention the beauty shop! I feel the same way!!! I remember how much I used to despise sitting there looking at my big fat face!!! So glad you can see the changes in your face and neck; I often see changes there immediately as well (DH notices, too). Good for you for working your plan!

Your recipe sounds DIVINE. I'm going to need to make those. How about a little sour cream-based dill sauce on the side?? I bet that would be good.

So glad you enjoyed the chicken! I never thought of adding sour cream, but I would totally love it, as I love all things cream.

(Note to self: Pick up pork rinds. I keep forgetting!) Hope you're having a great weekend!