LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2012, 08:32 AM   #61
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: scalestepper
Stats: 247/190.2/less
WOE: 5:2/IF:16/8/ lc
Start Date: Atkins- 9/9/12
Good morning low carbers!

Everything is still going great for me, food is good!

I'll bbl....
scalestepper is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-22-2012, 12:26 PM   #62
Senior LCF Member

Hi again!

I seem to be doing okay with the GCBE, it's hard to remember to take them 30 min before eating, twice, I've taken them with my meal.

I'm not hungry again today so that's a blessing.

My shiratake noodles came in and I fixed some fettuccini at lunch hoping this is going to be a good experiece for me. I rinsed them, cut them into smaller pieces, boiled them in salted water 3 or 4 minutes, drained, then added...salt,pepper
1 laughing cow cheese
T hwc
T grated parm cheese
pat of butter
I mixed it up and let it sit about an hour then reheated. They were good. I added a little homemade pasta sauce to part of them and I loved that. It is a little different kind of like egg whites to me, I think I'll enjoy them. I am going to fix some up with chicken broth to keep in the frig. I haven't tried the angel hair yet.

It's a nice day, I have a good movie taped, may take a nap, hope everyone has a good day!!!

B. 2 boiled eggs, 3 bacon
L Fettuccine
Old 09-23-2012, 08:20 AM   #63
Senior LCF Member

Good morning! I'm thankful today for peace with food and still being on program.

yesterday,
B. 2 boiled eggs, 3 bacon
L Fettuccine Alfredo
D shiratake noodles with marinara sauce, fee bites pork
S almond milk with cocao powder, stevia

I ordered stevia and I like it.

Today will be busy, I plan on grooming the dogs. I began doing this about a year and a half ago. The last time had them groomed and they game home with their little tummies red from hot clippers and I said no more did they have to go through that. I watched vidoes online to learn how to do it and do a fairly good job.

Guess I'll be back later, coffee is made and the house is stirring, lol...
Old 09-23-2012, 08:29 AM   #64
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/145.6/?
WOE: lc
Quote:
Originally Posted by scalestepper View Post
Good morning! I'm thankful today for peace with food and still being on program.

Peace with food love it!
jeaniem is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 06:26 PM   #65
Senior LCF Member

Hi Jeanie, thanks for stopping by!! I hope you are doing good!

My food today was...
B, 2 sausage, 2 scrambled eggs, pat butter,
S, c shiratake chicken soup, pat of butter
D, cheeseburger, no bun
S, 2 T almond butter, parmesian crackers
Old 09-24-2012, 10:04 AM   #66
Senior LCF Member

Another great morning for me, food is good, mindset is good!

I read on websites last night and it was very helpful, read other's menus, goals, etc. There sure are a lot of them out there, many, many blogs and recipe sites.

Have a lot of the pioneer members of LCF gone to other sites? I sure looks that way, wonder why?

Oh well,
B, 2 boiled eggs, 3 bacons, pat of butter....

Hope everyone has a good day!
Old 09-24-2012, 10:31 AM   #67
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ChristineCQ
Stats: 234/192/159 (5'7")
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 7/26/10 (re-start; original start 6/03)
Not sure about the pioneers......I can see why some might jump ship but I'll hold my tongue.

You sound like you're in great head space! That's 90% of the battle, in my book, so keep up the great work! Have a great day!
ChristineCQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:33 AM   #68
Senior LCF Member

Thank you Christine and thanks for dropping by!

My eating was so strange yesterday, I don't know if I even had a meal or if it was just a day of snacks but it was a good day with food...

B, 2 boiled eggs, 3 bacon, pat of butter
S, 3 bacon, lettuce, bite of mayo
S, 2 cups shiratake chicken soup, slice of cheese
S, 4 T sour cream dip, pork rinks

I am just rolling with the flow, I prob need to plan, dunno, but I am feeling good. I am fixing for dh also and he is wanting to deviate, beginning to ask for special things rather than the menu, I will not let his woe cause me to lose mine. Gone is the..I will eat what you eat..typical. Oh well...I feel his anxiety, I understand, this is his first week.

I stayed busy yesterday, finding things to do that aren't about food,, thinking about food....reading about food and it's so eye awaking how I plan my tv programs. The only one I allow myself if the food truck.

Dancing with the stars was so fun last night, I loved see Kirsty still on her game. Her personality is so not me but I like that she is loving herself..

Which reminds me, I have some positive thinking tapes I need to get out....

I am cooking chili, yummy!

I see my menus are much the same each week, not much change but I'm okay with that, the food is good and easy, no fuss, I don't have mental room for fancy food prep right now, tempting my appetite.

Thank you Lord for this day being on program and peace with food.

I hope everyone has a good day!
Old 09-25-2012, 05:32 PM   #69
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Doggygirl
Stats: 204/189/152
WOE: In Limbo
Start Date: Each day is a new day to start fresh.
Hi scalestepper! You sound so awesome. Peace with food sounds like an awesome place to be.

The way we work it around my house is that I fix dinner most nights (or sometimes a dinner type hot meal for lunch instead). I DH eats what I fix. I will make him very limited extras that I don't normally eat - i.e. I will nuke him a potato. I also cook around his limitations - he is dairy and gluten intolerant so no cheesy caseroles or anything. () I will buy whatever he puts on my list at the grocery store, but I'm not a special order cook. He has to cook any special request stuff himself. It actually works out OK. I try to cook extra of many things too and he has learned that leftovers are actually food. I hope you and your DH get it all figured out where you are not carrying all the load, especially if he does not stick with the plan.

Have a good evening!!

DG
Doggygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 09:35 AM   #70
Senior LCF Member

Good morning! Hi DG, thanks for sharing. We talked about our woe last night, so he's back into the game plan. Nothing like you're not going to get much to eat if you don't roll with the cook. Yes, I am so thankful everything is good with the food right now, one day at a time.

Mercy, did you ever have a morning that the phone rang constantly, seems everyone is catching up.

I am really working with the shirataki noodles. I am having good results rinsing them and putting them in chicken broth in the frig before using them. I have something else new to try today. I put some in 1/2 spaghetti sauce to marinate, I'll test those today.

My DANDR book came in yesterday so I plan on reading that.

Yesterday's menu was...
B, 2 boiled eggs, 3 bacon, pat of butter
L, bowl of chili, cole slaw, sour cream
D, 2 cups shirataki chicken soup, pat butter

I begin week 8 tomorrow, excited and thankful.

I hope everyone has a good day!
Old 09-27-2012, 06:59 AM   #71
Senior LCF Member

wk 8

Hi, early morning check-in! Today is the beginning of wk 8 for me, I weighed and lost 1.6 lbs! Just for the record, I have taken GCBE for 1 wk now.

Weighing is for the birds, I began stressing about it yesterday.

My menu yesterday was...
B, 2 boiled eggs, 3 bacon, pat butter
L, angel hair shirataki noodles with marinara, Schwan's pulled pork in lettuce wraps
D boiled shrimp, lettuce wraps
S coffee w hwc
S 2 T almond butter

About the shirataki, I think the angel hair type is going to be my go to type. I have ordered some of the non tofu type, it has no calories and I'll see how I like that.

All is still going great for me, no hunger, feeling smaller.

I will be gone this afternoon, hope everyone has a good day!
Old 09-28-2012, 11:21 AM   #72
Senior LCF Member

Friday, thank you Lord for this day

My hunger is still satisfied with low carb!

Yesterday was good, I stopped in Walgreens to get my flu shot and found 2 new goodies; individual serving size macadamia nuts and a new flavor gum, Extra Dessert Delights, yummy, just like an orange sickle. Both great things to keep with me when out and about.

I didn't get as exhausted as usual while shopping yesterday, wow, that is positive and I want to remember it! Getting in and out of the tub is getting almost like normal again.

My menu was...
2 boiled eggs, 3 bacon, pat butter
macadamia nuts
sausage, sour cream, pork rinds
macadamia nuts
omm, pat butter

Nice slow day, think I'll take a nap.

Hope everyone has a good one!
Old 09-28-2012, 05:02 PM   #73
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sounds like a good day! Enjoy your macadamias!
Old 09-29-2012, 10:02 AM   #74
Senior LCF Member

Thank you Christine!

Friday was good but I had to work at it, mentally. I began having some of my compulsive thoughts, had to rethink those and not act on impulse. I think avocadas are going to be trigger foods for me. I had intended on eating some every day but when I eat the ones I have, I'll only have them ever so often. Or, it could have been my experiment with a flax cookie. I won't make any more of those for sure.

After I had eaten dinner and had a snack last night, I got the munchies which could easily have thrown me off so I just ate a few bites pork ribs and a T of sour cream and it was okay, whoever binged on protein at 10:00 p.m.? yuk

I know these days are going to happen, I'm just learning how to deal with them and remember....

Dieting is hard, being fat is hard, pick your hard.

My menu was:

2 boiled eggs, 3 bacon
coffee w hwc
pork ribs, sour cream
T almond butter
cheeseburger, no bun, avocada
eggless flax cookie (crumbs)
pork, sour cream

I hope we all have a good day!
Old 09-29-2012, 05:43 PM   #75
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You are absolutely right: Pick your hard. You did a fine job getting through the difficulty; you should be proud!
Old 09-30-2012, 11:04 AM   #76
Senior LCF Member

Hi! Thanks Christine, I am very proud of myself! Another step forward.

I have read lots of posts of losing and regaining and I've done all that too. I am taking this woe this time like my last chance. I am seeing that it's working and I am planning on staying on program. I've got to read the new book, I have to understand it all beyond the 20 carbs est.

I am in my 8th week and so thankful I began this, I want to be happy one year from now that I did. I can see a size L in my future. I don't dream fat, I dream me little so my mind is there.

Soon, like maybe this week, I can begin my treadmill again since my knee is so much better, gosh I feel so much lighter in my step, does that sound crazy.

I have exercised at the gym a years back, don't know if I'll go back to that or not but I'm so proud of all of you who are doing it. It has to be a lifestyle and I don't think I can wrap my mind around that yet, for some reason, my steps forward are coming in small blocks. Not putting myself out there to far to fail yet.

Yesterday was great, food was good and my menu was:

2 fried eggs, 3 bacon
sausage link
sausage link, cabbage, cheese
coffee, hwc
boiled shrimp, cabbage, cheese
fat bomb

I hope we all have a good day on program!
Old 09-30-2012, 01:05 PM   #77
Major LCF Poster!

I just LOOOOVE reading your posts. "Determined" is right - and in such a positive way. Grateful, on plan, accepting of the fact that it won't always be easy, but if it's important to us we just have to do it anyway. I find that very inspiring and motivating - THANK YOU!!!

Quote:
Today is the beginning of wk 8 for me, I weighed and lost 1.6 lbs!

Quote:
I didn't get as exhausted as usual while shopping yesterday, wow, that is positive and I want to remember it! Getting in and out of the tub is getting almost like normal again.
I think it's great you are being so mindful of all the positive changes!!! This truly is NOT all about the scale!

Happy Sunday!

DG
Old 10-01-2012, 03:36 AM   #78
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Here's to the next week of success!!
Old 10-01-2012, 08:21 AM   #79
Senior LCF Member

Thank you so much DG and Christine. I means alot to have your support!

Yesterday was good for me, food was okay.

I was thinking about my days of WW, a great support group, I did great with that program until points. After a while I would begin eat more and more ff potato chips and sweets, etc. The program didn't fail me, I failed me. Its there to do good or bad, my choice. I always got over anxious when I got above my goal weight and sometimes ashamed to go to meetings. I do think doing low carb with points is possible and I might have to do that some day to reign in the calories.

Meanwhile, I am so thankful for my woe. I am satisfied today.

I haven't shared many ah ha moments lately but I had one last night. As I went to bed, I reached for my body pillow and had this strange feeling, and I realized, I wasn't using it for body support but was kind of snuggling up to it, now that was an amazing moment. I felt so proud of what I've accomplished with a new smaller me. I don't know if I've lost anymore weight but I do know inches are leaving from the nooks and cranies. woohoo!!! Every day is a miracle!!!

My menu was good, enjoyed the chili as always, then I was in a finger food mood.

2 fried eggs, bacon, butter
chili, sour cream, cheese
sour cream pork rinds
slice olive loaf, cheese...2 carbs in the olive loaf

The Schwan man just came and brought some goodies, I love their foods. They have begun their holiday specials and I am not so thrilled about that but I am glad I've put up a barrier between me and sweets. I think that's the best thing I can do for myself before the holidays.

Every one be sweet or whatever it takes to survive this day on program!
Old 10-01-2012, 09:53 AM   #80
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Revelations, indeed! Just feeling smaller is a huge accomplishment! We spend a lot of time hating our bodies, so noticing positive changes is an important step! Good for you! Keep it up!
Old 10-02-2012, 09:09 AM   #81
Senior LCF Member

Tuesday

Thank you Christine and hi!

Today is good! Peace with food today.

I weighed today, no reason, and I've lost 1.2 pounds since last Thursday, woohoo! I think 5 lb increments is my goal.
I was thinking this morning how lucky I am. I forget to be thankful that I've never been sick, only been in the hospital to have my babies, I'm blessed.

I've never had this much weight to lose before, 3 times I've been on diets that worked for me...29 lbs with ww and became lifetime...50 lbs with ww doing fat free and 50 lbs again. I am 5' 3 and don't carry weight very well. I weighed 98 lbs when we married, 115 when I was 9 months pregnant with my first baby and 125 after my last one was born so having children isn't the reason I'm obese. At that point in my life, it seemed I was trying everything to maintain/lose which was prob the wrong approach. I wish I'd never dieted but had cut back on portions, I think dieting is a learned thing and most often we deprive ourselves which only leads to more weight gain.

I remember the first time weight was ever mentioned to me other than I was too skinny. When I was about 16 everyone thought I needed iron so Mom got me some iron pills, wish I could remember the name of them...I started gaining weight and she nearly flipped, needless to say, no more iron pills.

I always thought I was okay, I always tried to look nice, be neat, my hair done... . 3 ppl in my life have always pointed out things that were wrong with me that I didn't have issues with...until then. Insane but its true. I'm not going anywhere with this, just remembering how things were/are on my journey.

LCF is a wonderful place to be. 24/7 I can read posts of ppl who share their lives and weight losses/gains/victories and learn something from everyone. There's no support system like that and I'm thankful. I hope I can help someone with my journey.

Yesterday my menu was...
2 boiled eggs, 3 bacon
3 bacon, coffee w hwc
2 oz pimento cheese, lettuce
macadamia nuts
blackened tilapia, coleslaw
1/4 c ricotta cheese

I really enjoyed the tilapia! Ventured out on the ricotta cheese for dessert and it didn't cause me to be hungry, it was good.

Well, enough said, lots to do today, today I am positive! I hope everyone has a good day of program, we can do this, one day at a time!

Last edited by scalestepper; 10-02-2012 at 09:35 AM..
Old 10-03-2012, 09:14 AM   #82
Senior LCF Member

Good morning, what a beautiful fall day!

I am thankful all is good with me, food is good, appetite in control.

My menu yesterday was good..

2 boiled eggs, 3 bacon
coffee w hwc
2 oz roasted turkey breast, oz cheese
tilapic filet, coleslaw
macadamia nuts

I guess you would call that good, it satisfied me.

I hope everyone has a great day!
Old 10-03-2012, 12:52 PM   #83
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/145.6/?
WOE: lc
So happy for you scalestepper!
jeaniem is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:34 AM   #84
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sounds like things are going well, Scale Stepper! Keep up the great work!
Old 10-04-2012, 09:27 AM   #85
Senior LCF Member

Wk 9

Hi and thank you Jeanie and Christine!!!

Woohoo!!! Doing the happy dance, I have completed 8 wks on woe today, I'm down another pound so that makes 2.2 pounds this week!!!

I am taking the gcbe so it will be interesting to see how the weeks stack up. Sometimes I take it, sometimes I forget to take it 30 before meals but I average 2 a day. I seem less hungry if I do take it like I'm suppose to. I do think most of the weight loss has been from woe.

I almost had a train wreck yesterday afternoon. I was !!!!alone!!! and thought about the avocados and thought, I'll go mash up ****3****(what's wrong with that picture) and make me a good guacamole salad, but I caught myself. I almost threw them away to keep myself safe, thought about giving them to a neighbor and then I thought, put on your big girl panties and learn to deal with it...it was dinner time, so I grilled a pork chop and wilted some lettuce and was happy and REALLY happy I had dodged the bullet.

My menu was:

3 bacon
coffee w hwc
c crab salad, lettuce, T sour cream, pork skins (about 12 carbs in salad)
macadamia nuts
pork chop, wilted lettuce
few bites of pork chop for snack

I had been wanting some of the crab but was afraid to eat it due to the carb count but I think I did good with it.

Well, let's make today a blessing and stay on program because we love ourselves and deserve it...!!!!
Old 10-04-2012, 06:10 PM   #86
Major LCF Poster!

WOO HOO!!! Congrats on your fabulous week!!!! Love the story of you with your body pillow too.

I'm glad you had VICTORY over those avacados!

I love reading your posts - always so upbeat and grateful. You always put a smile on my face and for that I thank you!

DG
Old 10-05-2012, 08:35 AM   #87
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good for you! I'd have eaten them.

No, really. I would have.

You are doing extremely well! Great going!
Old 10-05-2012, 08:47 AM   #88
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggygirl View Post
WOO HOO!!! Congrats on your fabulous week!!!! Love the story of you with your body pillow too.

I'm glad you had VICTORY over those avacados!

I love reading your posts - always so upbeat and grateful. You always put a smile on my face and for that I thank you!

DG
Thank you! I sure helps to have positive support from you since you already have a good track record, I'm trying to get where you are, I want to weigh 160 again.
Old 10-05-2012, 08:50 AM   #89
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineCQ View Post
Good for you! I'd have eaten them.

No, really. I would have.

You are doing extremely well! Great going!
Thanks Christine, you are too funny!

Dh and I shared one yesterday then our DS visited and I sent them home with him.
Old 10-05-2012, 09:28 AM   #90
Senior LCF Member

Good morning to all and thanks for dropping by with your support.

Yesterday I cancelled my online WW membership, that was a big step for me to let that go.

Also, I was getting hungry for Mexican food and knew I could fix what I wanted, I just had to step outside the box with the refried beans. I can easily not have the rice.

I have been reading some of the Sourth Beach material and I think I plan on using some of their additions when I do want something extra not on program and beans are allowed daily on their weight loss plan so how can I go terrible wrong doing that. It's worth a try. I know I can't do this often since I eat high fat but I think it's safe for a good carb treat.

So, we had polo montery---
chicken fajitas, sitr fried peppers and onions, mozz cheese, 1/2 cup canned refried beans, 1/2 small avocada and a little salsa...so good. I did add a little bacon grease to the beans since my Dr. told me to always eat protein or fat with a carb. Like he said, if I wanted a piece of bread, to always eat it with a slice of bacon. Now I've taken care of that mind food. Satisfied.

I am really getting brave, I weighed this morning and was up 1 pound, not bad, so I'm satisfied with the result on the extra good carbs.

Trial and error is the only way I know I can find out what works for me in the long haul.

B 2 eggs and 3 bacon
S coffee with T hwc
L 2 oz cream cheese, pork rinds,
S cloud
D 3 oz chicken fajitas, 2 oz moz cheese, veggies, 1/2 avocada, salsa

(btw, the avocados wernt home with DS yesterday)

Before breakfast this morning I took my gcbe and I could definitely tell the difference in hunger.

So, this is my day to do shopping and get my weekly fix at the beauty shop with friends.

I hope everyone has a good day on program, bbl!

Editing to say...
The next full moon is from October 28, 2012 at 12 Noon through to October 30, 2012 at 12 Noon. I don't know if this works or not but I've always felt this is a good time to do away with old things and begin new. Good luck!

Last edited by scalestepper; 10-05-2012 at 09:39 AM..