Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2012, 11:32 AM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: scalestepper
Stats: 247/190.2/less
WOE: 5:2/IF:16/8/ lc
Start Date: Atkins- 9/9/12
Things are still positive with me and my woe which in reality is Atkins.

I began almost 6 weeks ago hoping for some kind of weight loss with just not eating bread, potatoes and sugar. That worked and it has since evolved into keeping the carbs low and now I am in the wonderful world of no hunger.

If I read the book correctly low/no carbs with fat and protein helped on achieve that and later on into the weight loss phase one might need to watch calories but not to worry until later and there was no weight loss. So.....I am so blessed with no/low hunger.

If I didn't know my stomach was there, and went by my feelings, I would think/see thin. I am beginning to have this sunk in feeling around my waistline and there's a definite waist depression, lol, not emerging. yea!

I still haven't weighed but I know I will at some point but I just hate to have the scale define how I've done when I can see and feel the difference.

I didn't eat the chicken salad nor omm last night for dinner, I cooked dh a sirloin strip and he gave me half because his salad filled him up, so that was my dinner and no further snacks.

I do feel like the Black Cherry Extract is easing the pain in my left knee and I'm walking better, it's still tender but not hurting. Woohoo on that!

My coffee bean extract hasn't come in but I may wait on taking that anyway.

I am so excited about the shiratake noodle find, well I found the rice and liked it and have ordered the noodle online after much research for ideas here on lcf and various vidoes and sites on the web along with hungry girl's ideas. It seems one variety is no carb and one is low, the low having a texture more like the real thing so that's what I went with. They had a 1/2 price bundle special for less money than I would blow eating 2 junk meals and a stash of snickers so I thought, what the hay????

Alone again today due to dh being oot again and I am so in control, quite unlike my normal self in this situation, lol....I am a closet eater. eek!

TTL, just trying to catch up! It's a beautiful day, a few showers, peace and calm, thank you Lord! I hope my lcfriends are having a good day!
scalestepper is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-16-2012, 11:35 AM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Today so far:

B/L 2 boiled eggs, pat of butter, 3 microwave bacons, 2 black cherry extracts
coffee,
S coffee with 1 T hwc, t raw cacao, sweetnlow
Old 09-16-2012, 11:46 AM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Doggygirl
Stats: 204/183.2/152
WOE: In Limbo
Start Date: Each day is a new day to start fresh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scalestepper View Post
Fast forward to today.....woohoo, a victory for me! No binge day alone.
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! When does DH come home? I too can pack away a serious amount of food when I am alone - binging in secret. I feel SO much better low carbing it. The urges are nearly non-existant. There are some times when I am just wanting something to eat and I know I'm not hungry. On low carb, I can either ignore it and it will go away, or go ahead and eat some fat or protein. Either way, it doesn't turn into an epic binge that goes on for days! This feels like progress!

Hope you have a great rest of the weekend!

DG
Doggygirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 04:39 PM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Thank you DG, sometimes I think we were joined at the hip! I have been ashamed of closet eating but I guess didn't want to face ppl with my issues, I guess I thought I'd keep them guessing on why was I gaining weight, always careful to throw the wrappers away.

Once I quit smoking eons ago and started back and won't go into the ways I tried to hide that....I did manage to quit 20 years ago, thankful for that.

Dh is home and our routine gets back to normal tomorrow.
Old 09-16-2012, 04:43 PM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Today so far:

B/L 2 boiled eggs, pat of butter, 3 microwave bacons, 2 black cherry extracts
coffee,
S coffee with 1 T hwc, t raw cacao, sweetnlow
I got hungry at Dinner time, tried drinking a cup of chicken stock with a T of hwc to curb it but it didn't help..so.

I had chicken salad and lettuce shreds and 2 T almond butter and feel okay now, I guess I'm afraid I'll lose control so the lesson I learned is don't try to ward it off, I need to eat when I'm hungry, stay on plan, low carb and more than likely hunger will subside. Looking back on what I had eaten, it was time to eat!

Last edited by scalestepper; 09-16-2012 at 04:45 PM..
Old 09-17-2012, 08:30 AM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Good morning to all, I am so thankful for this day!

I read an old thread last night about binging and it scared the bjesus out of me, so deep, and it made me realize I can't take anything lightly with my food plan and feelings.

I need to remove lots more items with wheat and sugar from this house, some of my go to things in prior binges. Just saying I am whites/sugar free doesn't mean I won't go there one night. I can't afford to wait on a food drive to recycle them.

I am getting out of the bathtub easier now, walking better and with less pain, I am losing inches and am watching for tell tell signs of things I want to see gone forever.

I've never had a lower stomach until the last couple years, mainly the last year. It's like when I had a flu like cold twice, it just appeared like it dropped, I dunno, maybe I was in one of my fogs, but it just was just there. AND I HATE IT. It is harder to walk and I just never knew how much it would affect someone. I am so hoping that since I haven't had it too long that it will vanish in time,

About food today...
B I cooked 2 scrambled eggs in butter ahd 3 pieces of microwave bacon, I got so full so fast, I only ate 1/2 of the eggs and 1 piece of bacon,
I saved the rest of the bacon for a snack.

This seems like a good day for my standby chili so guess I'll sign off with that, see you guys later!

Note to self........
Dieting is hard
Being fat is hard
Choose your hard.....
Old 09-17-2012, 08:35 AM   #37
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/145.6/?
WOE: lc
You're doing great scalestepper! I bet I may have posted in that binge thread, it is scary stuff.
jeaniem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:11 AM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeaniem View Post
You're doing great scalestepper! I bet I may have posted in that binge thread, it is scary stuff.
Tytyty....You did Jeanie and I am praying for you, do you feel the vibes, I have thought of you all morning, praying that you will find your A game, your spot of peace, Let me know if there's any way I can help you!

Last edited by scalestepper; 09-17-2012 at 10:12 AM..
Old 09-17-2012, 06:19 PM   #39
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/145.6/?
WOE: lc
Today has been good thanks! Can you link me to the binge thread?
jeaniem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 07:29 PM   #40
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeaniem View Post
Today has been good thanks! Can you link me to the binge thread?
How do I do that Jeanie?

I'm so glad your day has been good!

medication to stop binge eating

Last edited by scalestepper; 09-17-2012 at 07:35 PM..
Old 09-17-2012, 08:06 PM   #41
Senior LCF Member

I have a pkg of country style ribs and I think I'll cook them in the crockpot tonight and since I didn't have a legal bbq sauce, I googled George Stella BBQ and found this recipe: ( I think I'll just mix the dry ingredients and use them as a dry rub instead of his cooking method.)

vegetable oil spray
1/4 cup canola oil
2 tablespoons kosher salt
2 tablespoons paprika
1 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
2 teaspoons garlic powder
2 teaspoons onion powder
2 tablespoons sugar substitute (recommended: Splenda)
1 tablespoon liquid smoke
3-4 pounds pork spareribs (2 large racks)
SPECIAL EQUIPMENT: 1/2 size sheet pan or baking dish
directions

1. Spray the sheet pan with vegetable oil, place the rack in the center position and preheat the oven to 290 F.

2. Place all the ingredients except ribs into a bowl and mix with a fork until a mud like consistency. Rub this mixture liberally over all the ribs, concentrating on the meaty side.

3. Place the rubbed ribs meaty side up on the sheet pan and cover tightly with aluminum foil. Bake for 2 hours or until ribs easily pull apart.

4. Remove, strain and reserve any liquid. To finish, grill the ribs for about 5 minutes on each side or place under the broiler on high until they start to crisp. Then pour reserved rib liquid over ribs before serving hot.

His BBQ sauce recipe:
No-Cook Low Carb Bourbon Barbecue Sauce

Ingredients
29 ounces no-sugar-added tomato sauce
6 ounces no-sugar-added tomato paste
2 ounces bourbon
2 tablespoons white vinegar
2 tablespoons liquid smoke
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tablespoon hot sauce
3/4 cup sugar substitute (recommended: Splenda)
1/4 cup brown sugar substitute, optional (recommended: Sugar Twin brand)
2 tablespoons red onion, finely chopped
1 small clove garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon onion powder
Directions
Combine sauce ingredients in a bowl and whisk well to combine. Reserve, refrigerated.

Last edited by scalestepper; 09-17-2012 at 09:01 PM..
Old 09-17-2012, 08:11 PM   #42
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

About food today...
B I cooked 2 scrambled eggs in butter ahd 3 pieces of microwave bacon, I got so full so fast, I only ate 1/2 of the eggs and 1 piece of bacon,
I saved the rest of the bacon for a snack.

This seems like a good day for my standby chili so guess I'll sign off with that, see you guys later!

Note to self........
Dieting is hard
Being fat is hardI
Choose your hard.....
I did cook the chili and had 2 bowls with some cheese with some coleslaw. So good and so full.

D OMM with a pat of butter so far, if I eat anything else it will prob be a glass of almond milk with cocoa and maybe a boiled egg.
Old 09-18-2012, 08:19 AM   #43
Senior LCF Member

Good morning to all!

I didn't make the bbq last night, I had put my ribs in the part of the frig that freezes and it was too late to thaw them so I just made a meatloaf and put it in the crockpot so it's all ready to go for today, yea!

Did any of you guys see the Dr. Oz show yesterday? I taped it and watched it last night. Kirstie Alley was on it and it was awesome..she looks so good and I'm so proud for her, she's worked hard. She was a blast and a good inspiration for women.

I am still not watching the food network, Bye bye Guy!

I am enjoying reading on George Stella's website, I love the internet.

Dh is totally joining me on my side of the kitchen. He says I am just melting...oh my gosh...will I even have a shadow? No, seriously, his bloodwork came back not as good as usual and his weight was up 20 lbs so he said he's going to lower his carbs too, no bread, potatoes or sugar. That means I can clear out more stuff out of the frig and make it totally low carb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

B, I had 2 boiled eggs, pat of butter and coffee with hwc
D is going to be meatloaf with greenbeans seasoned with a little bacon grease and creams cheese.

BBL!
Old 09-18-2012, 08:21 AM   #44
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

D OMM with a pat of butter so far, if I eat anything else it will prob be a glass of almond milk with cocoa and maybe a boiled egg.
I didn't eat an egg, I just had a glass of almond milk before bed.
Old 09-18-2012, 02:31 PM   #45
Major LCF Poster!

Hi scalestepper! I am sure with you on just praying to stay out of the binge cycle. Good idea to get rid of any foods around my house that should not be here. Some of DHs stuff I have to learn to live with. But sometimes my sneaky little binge part of my brain will convince me to buy something "for DH" that is really not for DH. (and that DH could care less about.) Always a mind game, eh?

That rib rub sounds great! I have some ribs in the freezer I need to use up soon. Maybe I will try that. Let us know how it turns out!!

Good that your DH is home and things are getting back to normal!!

DG
Old 09-18-2012, 07:00 PM   #46
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggygirl View Post
Hi scalestepper! I am sure with you on just praying to stay out of the binge cycle. Good idea to get rid of any foods around my house that should not be here,. Some of DHs stuff I have to learn to live with. But sometimes my sneaky little binge part of my brain will convince me to buy something "for DH" that is really not for DH. (and that DH could care less about.) Always a mind game, eh?
That rib rub sounds great! I have some ribs in the freezer I need to use up soon. Maybe I will try that. Let us know how it turns out!!

Good that your DH is home and things are getting back to normal!!

DG
Thank you DG! We have a pack, have to hang in with that, my mind goes to those places too! I hope your day was good.

Mine was good, the meatloaf turned out good. George has a good ketchup recipe that's easy:

Quick and Easy Ketchup
8 ounces tomato sauce (make sure there are no added sugars in ingredients list)
6 ounces tomato paste (make sure there are no added sugars in ingredients list)
2 tablespoons white vinegar
1/4 cup sugar substitute
Directions:

1. Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl.
Helpful Tip:

Refrigerate in a covered container until needed for up to 2 to 3 weeks.
------------------------------------------------\

I didn't have the tomato paste but just used a can of tomato sauce with other things adjusted and it was good, I'm not a big saucy person, a little bit will do me.

I also didn't fix the green beans, I fixed faux potatoes for the first time and they were good. Dh said, I thought we weren't suppose to have potatoes

I've had a strange whooshy day. I have been wondering...why now whooshs and bingo, today, 3 that I barely made it to the bathroom, what's with that wonder?

6 wks almost, it has passed so fast. Thursday will begin 7.

I have been rewarding myself, 2 new blouses and slacks and 2 new pairs of shoes. Not food rewards!

This cute...

Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I stuck

Last edited by scalestepper; 09-18-2012 at 07:45 PM..
Old 09-18-2012, 07:43 PM   #47
Senior LCF Member

B, I had 2 boiled eggs, pat of butter and coffee with hwc
D is going to be meatloaf with faux potatoes, jello
S pork rinds with sour cream dip
D meatloaf with coleslaw
S 2 T almond butter

I never liked peanut butter until one night, in a WW meeting, it was mentioned by someone how they were addicted to it and I thought....I'm not believing that! I went home and tasted of dh's pb and omgosh, it was so good and that was the begiining of my loving nut butters.
Old 09-19-2012, 11:03 AM   #48
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I have been rewarding myself, 2 new blouses and slacks and 2 new pairs of shoes. Not food rewards!
WOO HOO!!! I am SO GLAD you are treating yourself to some new clothes! (we need a :glamor: smilie around here!!!)

Quote:
I went home and tasted of dh's pb and omgosh, it was so good and that was the begiining of my loving nut butters.
I love nut butters TOO MUCH!!! I have a very hard time sticking to 1 or 2 TBS. The other day I did buy a couple packets of Almond butter that are 2 TBS in the packet. Maybe I can control myself around those.

I haven't made fauxtatoes in a long time. Mine always came out too watery! What's your secret?

DG
Old 09-19-2012, 11:17 AM   #49
Senior LCF Member

Today is good so far, I'm so glad to have a place to log my day.

I cooked some wings in the crockpot, first time I've ever cooked wings. I couldn't find my Frank's hot sauce in the frig so I just put them in, sprinkled a little Louisiana hot sauce mixed with 2 T butter on them. I had them for lunch and they're good, much like a really good rotisserie chicken taste. I think I'm going to start doing some whole chickens in the crockpot, It was a small pkg so I put 2 breasts in the juice and am cooking them for later and it will be some good broth.

I am feeling better, still walking a little better and hoping it won't be too many more weeks until I am on the treadmill about 5 minutes to begin with. I a.l.m.o.s.t got out of the bathtub last night without turning to the side and lifting myself out. This is so sad as I've only been in this shake a year or so and it's not funny....another goal, remembering how to get out of the tub, Now, some of you won't understand that and I'm glad you don't, you have to be there to know it.

I began taking tumeric today for inflamation, I hope it works for me. The Black Cherry Extract seems to be working good.

My green coffee bean extract came in yesterday but I don't think I'm going to take it yet, maybe later when what I'm doing isn't working so well. I will log it when I begin taking it.

I ordered a copy of the DANDR book this week, I've never had anything but the first book, '72.

Also, I need to learn carb counts, I've just been winging it with the foods suggested/allowed.

Dh is excited about doing the whole nine yards, I fixed his plate today and he said it was gourmet. It will be easier and I find myself making our plates prettier.

We have decided to eat most of our meals with throw away plates and bowls.....his idea....making cleanup faster and easier. Works for me!

See you guys later!

B, 2 boiled eggs, 3 bacon, pat butter;
L, chicken wings, cucumber slices, sour cream
S, coffee w hwc
Old 09-19-2012, 11:22 AM   #50
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ChristineCQ
Stats: 234/192/159 (5'7")
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 7/26/10 (re-start; original start 6/03)
Love reading about your journey! Keep up the great work!
ChristineCQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 04:22 PM   #51
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggygirl View Post
WOO HOO!!! I am SO GLAD you are treating yourself to some new clothes! (we need a :glamor: smilie around here!!!)

I love nut butters TOO MUCH!!! I have a very hard time sticking to 1 or 2 TBS. The other day I did buy a couple packets of Almond butter that are 2 TBS in the packet. Maybe I can control myself around those.

I haven't made fauxtatoes in a long time. Mine always came out too watery! What's your secret?

DG
Thanks DG,
I saw that almond butter on line in pkgs and almost bought it, it definitely would help with portion control.

I wasn't really creative in making the faux, I microwaved a frozen pkg for 12 min with 2 T water. It was fork tender so I just forked out 1/2 of it into a small mixing bowl which I thought would be a perfect serving for 2, added about an ounce of cream cheese, 2 pats of butter and some black pepper, then I just mashed it with a fork, then I added a little hwc. It wasn't fluffy smooth but it was good and easy and I'm all for easy and fast. I will make it again for sure.
Old 09-19-2012, 04:26 PM   #52
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineCQ View Post
Love reading about your journey! Keep up the great work!
Thanks for stopping by Christine, I appreciate the support. I did read some in your journal was very motivated, I look forward to reading more. I hope you day was good!
Old 09-20-2012, 03:44 AM   #53
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks!! Let me note that I should be well past my goal by now, having started back in July of 2010, but I spent several months unfocused and unmotivated!!!! But it helps me to see the good progress of other folks, so I look forward to reading more about your journey!
Old 09-20-2012, 05:54 AM   #54
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineCQ View Post
Thanks!! Let me note that I should be well past my goal by now, having started back in July of 2010, but I spent several months unfocused and unmotivated!!!! But it helps me to see the good progress of other folks, so I look forward to reading more about your journey!
Looks like you're doing good! I was reading about your exercise, wow, awesome, you're firming and building muscle too. Thank you Christine, I hope we have many more positive days.
Old 09-20-2012, 06:03 AM   #55
Senior LCF Member

week 7, day 1

Woohoo! I've been on this woe for 6 weeks and decided to weigh this morning to begin my baseline...

I've lost 10 pounds!!!

I'll bbl!

Old 09-20-2012, 06:18 AM   #56
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Congrats! Great progress!!
Old 09-20-2012, 09:15 AM   #57
Senior LCF Member

Good morning Christine and thank you so much!

It was a difficult decision to weigh since I didn't weigh when I began this woe but I checked my last weigh-in which was 3 weeks prior so I know I lost at least 10 lbs. Now I plan on weighing in every Thursday morning. I'm glad I began this way, I didn't let the scales mess with my mind.

I watched Dr. Oz yesterday about binging, mercy, I didn't know it could be that bad, bless those ladies and thank you Lord for sparing me that terrible burden. I have binged what I thought binging was, I guess there are different levels.

The last time I felt that I binged was 6 wks ago. I went to Braums to get some sf, ff ice cream. I came away with some kind of low something that was choc malt, I bought 2. I ate one whole carton that night and I was so ashamed, the next morning I went back for more, one to replace the one I had eaten so dh wouldn't know, plus 3 more. When I bought it, I told the lady we were having a birthday party and she just l.o.o.k.e.d at me like ...sure...After that, it was all I could take, I never ate another bite of it....thus no bread, no sugar, no potatoes. You have to know why I made that excuse, so overburdenered with weight they helped me to the car with the sacks and there I was in my patio dress....fast forward...

I am happy for today, blessed beyond words.

I am venturing out today, shopping and beauty shop.

I decided to begin taking my green coffee bean extract, seemed like the thing to do, I hope I lose a pound a week, I think that's a good goal. Dr Oz said to take 1-400mg- 30 min before eating. I couldn't tell any difference in how I felt nor my hunger level. When they did the study, they didn't have to change their woe, just take the supplement and keep a food journal.

Last night for D I had OMM and 2 T almond butter,
This morning I had 2 boiled eggs, 3 bacon, pat of butter.

See you guys tonight! Have a good one!
Old 09-20-2012, 09:31 AM   #58
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I wasn't really creative in making the faux, I microwaved a frozen pkg for 12 min with 2 T water. It was fork tender so I just forked out 1/2 of it into a small mixing bowl which I thought would be a perfect serving for 2, added about an ounce of cream cheese, 2 pats of butter and some black pepper, then I just mashed it with a fork, then I added a little hwc. It wasn't fluffy smooth but it was good and easy and I'm all for easy and fast. I will make it again for sure.
You know, just doing it with a fork sounds awesome to me. DH isn't much for cauliflower - he will barely tolerate oven roasted LOL! But I could make a small bowl of mashed that way and without putting it in the food processor it wouldn't be so runny. Lumpy would be cool by me.

Quote:
Woohoo! I've been on this woe for 6 weeks and decided to weigh this morning to begin my baseline...

I've lost 10 pounds!!!
WOO HOO!!!! YOU GO GIRL!

I really thought about your binging post. I agree I think there are different levels or different stages or something. But one thing is the same - the guilt and shame. I am so grateful as you are to be out of that viscious cycle of guilt, self loathing, shame, and repeat. At least for today we are free. I'm going to try to stay in gratitude about that today!

Hi Christine! Looks like you are doing great - congratulations on your progress!

OK - back to the books!!

DG
Old 09-21-2012, 06:11 AM   #59
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning! Can't believe I beat you here today! Hope your day is off to a good start.

DG
Old 09-21-2012, 01:06 PM   #60
Senior LCF Member

Hi DG and Christine, good to see you! Thanks for stopping by....

I slept late, I always get exhausted from a day out, I thought I wasn't going to make it on the last leg of it.
Just as I got in the car at the grocery store to come home, dh called, he was out of vitamins so one more stop
at CVS.

I picked up a rack of ribs and a premade chef salad at the deli yesterday for dinner. The ribs weren't tender enough
so I had to cook them some more which meant..chef salad and whatever was in the frig for dh if he wanted more.

Now I don't want to sound hard, harsh, unloving or whatever but this is my ballgame and if he's along for the ride,
it's me first, he said that was how he wanted it and that's how I'm going to handle it. I have spent my life taking care
of him and the kiddos and this journey is MINE this time, all about me, myself a I. I think most men learn at an early
age to control feelings, desires, more so than women, if you get my drift.

So, all in all, Thursday was a good day.

I had a quiet time this morning, thinking and rethinking. Happy, planning, I enjoy that.
After reading my email I saw a clip about Survivor, omlord, we missed Wednesday's premier, so I started
searching for the video, awesome, I found it. After I began watching it I was afraid if I went to LCF I would
lose my place.

I waited too late to eat B, took my GCE and waited my 30 minutes...had an egg and it was almost time for lunch.

I'm wondering if it's time to begin thinking about my calories too. I don't mean counting them but
making sure I don't over use fat/and or butter now. My way of thinking about this woe is eat to satisfaction
but not over consume. I've found almond milk to be wonderful and a great extender for mayo so I'm using some
in my coleslaw now along with the mayo.

B, boiled egg
L, 3 small ribs, coleslaw, 1/2 kosher pickle wedge, jello.
S, coffee w almond milk, almond butter
D, a redo of something cooked

We've cleaned out our pantry, frig and freezer, decarbing and passed it on. We had good feelings doing that, both for us
and sharing it. It's good we both understand the ins and outs of it, low carb for life.

Got to skip along, bbl...

This is cute....
That which does not kill me....had better run like hell!!! - August Moon