Old 09-04-2012, 09:06 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LowCarbMe
Stats: 250/200.6/140
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 7/7/2013
Ready, Set, Go with Dukan

to my weight loss journal!

Well, here I am starting a new WL journey and trusting Dukan to finally get me there!

A quick introduction for those unfamiliar: Dukan consists of four phases:

Attack: Lasting from 1 to 10 days - you decide. All protein with diary (low-fat or nonfat) and 1 1/2 tbsp oat bran, and H20. Just a few extras to make it palatible (vinegar, spices, bit of onion, sf pickles, lemon juice, mustard, sf ketchup, capers, sf gum).

Cruise: Alternating pure protein days with protein and non-carby vegetables. Stay on this until real goal weight.

Consolidation Phase: Prevents rebound effect. More info once I get there.

Permanent Stabilization Phase: Program for life. More info once I get there.

I am drawn to this WOE for fast results, and eat when you're hungry!

Ready: For the last couple of weeks, I've ready the Dukan books, explored the Web sites, and copied off recipes!

Set: I have the house stocked with fish (tilipia, tuna, salmon), beef (10% fat), egg white, boiled eggs, chicken breast, turkey slices, FF greek yogurt, 2% cottage cheese, and all types of curds made with Kool-aid. I have even dug out my old recipes and have made some Atkin rolls

Go: Today is the day! I have three weeks to get the process down before college starts back for me!

Please feel free to support me along the way! I am a very positive person and would love to hear your input!

Everyone have a wonderful on plan day!
------------------------
Linda
LowCarbMe is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-05-2012, 08:17 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Good Mornin everyone!

Survived my first day of Dukan and I was rewarded with a 2.8 lbs loss. This is terrific for me, a hypothyroid and post menopause gal!

I ate like there was No tomorrow, but was still hungry? I stuck with the plan, though. When I went to bed it was hard to go to sleep for a while. Had to take some potassium for the legs, but eventually I feel into a very deep sleep! And unlike HCG I did not feel weak!

I am just finding my way here, trying to find some recipes that I .

I'm not sure but I think the trick to doing PP days is in the sauce that you can have along with the protein.

Here was yesterday's menu:

B: Dukan Oat Bran Galette (The recipe calls for 2 T of oat bran. On Attack we are only suppose to have 1.5 T. So I used oat fiber (no calories) to make up for the missing .5T. The extra fiber should help with bathroom issues too!)

Sn: Hard boiled egg and 2% cottage cheese + 5 oz FF yogurt w/ Cherry curd

L: Tilapia fish (2) with Lemon Caper sauce

Sn: Hard boiled egg and 2% cottage cheese

D: Chicken breast w/ Mustard Sauce (wow, way too strong).

Sn: 5 oz of FF greek yogurt w/ Lime curd (really just a thick sauce).

2 liters of water

30 minutes of exercise

So yes, I did chow down, big time! Well, you're not suppose to be hungry!

I hope everyone has a blessed on-program day!

-----------------------
Linda
Old 09-06-2012, 07:58 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Another day with Dukan!

I was rewarded today with a small loss .4 and I'm good with that!

Happy to report that I had no problems with sleeping last night! Didn't wake up too hungry either! Interesting, so far I've had NO cravings either as I typically miss the sweets!

As to date, the program has been easy to follow. Very little cooking required for Pure Protein days! I'm considering my options for PP/PV when going onto the Cruise phase.

The 1/1 rotation is out too much work and too hard to track! The 5/5 sounds okay but I have a daughter and I like to stick to a regular weekly schedule (my DH does his own thing.) So I'm considering a 3.5/3.5 rotation. With vegies at Sunday pm/Monday/Tues./Wed and PP Thurs/Fri/Sat./.5 of Sunday Or perhaps the reverse.

To stay accountable, here is my menu for yesterday:

B: Galette
sn: 2 boiled eggs
L: Omlette with 1/2 C egg beaters, 2 pieces of turkey bacon patted dry, 1T onion, 1T chopped tomatoe, 2T of FF feta cheese Yummy!
sn: 5 oz of FF yogurt w/ cherry sauce
D: 1 Salmon patty from Costco, 1T capers, 1/2 cup 2% cottage cheese. For dessert 1/3 cup of light ricotta cheese with vanilla, sweetner, and a bit of lemon sauce.

2 liters of liquids
.5 hr of exercise

As for me, I've been on so many WL programs. Have done WW, Jenny Craig, Fat flush, Atkins, Crack the Fat Loss Code, JUDDD. This really needs to be sucessful for me! I'm tired of having weight as the center stage of my life!

Everyone have a lovely on program day!
---------------------
Linda
Old 09-07-2012, 09:15 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Go, Go, Go with Dukan! Just like DD says Attack phase motivates you! I say this cuz I was down 1.2 pounds this morning after my 3rd day of Attack!

This makes a total of - 4.4 in just three days! Wowzer!

One of the things I really like about this program is it's STRUCTURE! It really helps me to stay on track.

I'm aiming for 6 days of Attack, so half way there! Yesterday, I made a big batch of Linda Sue's taco seasoning (minus 1/2 the salt)! I used 1 T on 20 oz of ground turkey and it really jazzed up the flavor!

Here is my menu from yesterday:

Sn 2 boiled eggs

L: omelette with egg beaters, 2 turkey bacon, 1T onion, 1 slice of 2% cheese, 1/2 cup of 2% cottage cheese.

sn: 2 Atkin rolls with 2T of FF cream cheese. What a surprise, I though the FF cream cheese was OK to Good!

D: Turkey crumble with taco spices 1/3 C 2% cottage cheese

Dessert: 5 oz of yogurt with lemon/lime sauce!

2 liters of liquid
.5 hour exercise

Well, I'm off to start the day! Everyone have a lovely blessed day!

-------------------------------------------------
Linda
Old 09-08-2012, 12:26 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Hi everyone! Finished day 4 of Attack with only 2 more left! Feeling a bit weary, but determined!

Weight stayed the same this morning on day 5, but you can't loose everyday (I can only wish)!

Since this plan is fairly low fat, I dusted off my recipe box of nearly 20 years ago when I did WW. And yes, I am a life time member. I remembered a crepe recipe that I really enjoy. It had just the right texture and would make a good wrap, and a shell for deserts. I located it, and attached to it was a recipe for soft serve frozen yogurt, also! Yay, a double-score! On this Attack I am going strictly by the book, but come next week I might add in a tolerated food or so.

Yesterday, I was a bit tired and was suffering from dry mouth but it didn't derail me. I did have an A&W diet rootbeer and thought it was yummy! I hardly every have one of those but it hit the spot yesterday! Whatever gets me through, I say!

Yesterday's menu:

B: Galette (planning on making the muffins next week)
Sn: 2 boiled eggs
L: omelette
Sn: salmon patty w/ cottage cheese
D: 5 oz of ground turkey meat w/ taco spices, cottage cheese; atkins roll

Well, I can feel fall in the air here in Oregon! Gonna go out and enjoy the last bit of summer!

Have a wonderful, blessed, on plan day!

-------------------------------------
Linda
Old 09-09-2012, 09:57 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Good mornin gentle readers!

I am feeling rather weak this morning, light headed, and have dry mouth and there is a good reason for that!

I released 2.4 more pounds for a total of 6.8 pds in 5 days!

I have been on alot of WL plans but trust me I have NEVER dropped so fast; not even on HCG. I'm typically labeled as a "slow loser". I'm the one you never hear about. So I'll take it and know the WL will slow now as I enter the Cruise phase of the plan starting tomorrow.

Here is my menu of yesterday:
B: galette and boiled egg
sn: warm mocha pudding & boiled egg
L: Tilipia (2) w/ lemon caper sauce
D: omelet
sn: 5 oz of yogurt w/ lemon lime sauce

We go to the grocery store as a family on Sat. morn. Hubby and daughter bought their usual junk food. I knew that I had to make myself a treat or I would be tempted to make a bad choice. So I used some cocoa powder and made a pudding as my treat. I used to make this alot on JUDDD and it is yummy!

Warm Chocolate Mocha Pudding
1 tbsp. of coco powder
˝ tsp instant espresso (if making mocha flavored)
3 tbsp of chocolate protein powder
2 packets of sweeteners (truvia)
Pinch of salt
2 tbsp chia gel Vanilla
1 cup of milk (your choice)
1/4 tsp of glocoman powder (this is what makes it thicken)

In a bowl mix coco powder, expresso, protein powder, sweetener, salt. Whisk milk and warm in microwave. Add chia gel, and stir. Sprinkle the glucomannan powder of the mixture and whisk. It will start to thicken immediately and be complete in 5 minutes. I start eating immediately.

Everyone have a blessed on program day.

--------------------------
Linda
Old 09-10-2012, 09:58 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Good morning and I'm all set to Cruise!

Yesterday (day 6) was my last day of Attack! During this phase I lost a total of 6 pds (Yay). And yes, that was a .8 pound bump up from yesterday! I was on program so not worried at all!

I went from 198.2 - 192.2
BS this morning after 1 hour of breakfast: 88

My menu from yesterday:

B: galette
sn: 2 hard boiled eggs
L 2 tilapia
sn: pudding
D Chicken breast & 5 oz of yogurt w/ cherry sauce
SN: cottage cheese

Last night I made Linda Sue's lc ketchup for dipping my chicken (small amount allowed on Attack). Very Good

Hope everyone has a lovely on-program day!
Old 09-10-2012, 12:45 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Oh yes, my true weight according to Dukan is 154. I would like to go a little lower, but first stop: 154!
Old 09-11-2012, 12:39 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Hi here I am posting again! I so need this for accountability! So hello everone!

Another day on Cruise and wow I am enjoying my vegetables! Salads, and especially tomatoes! Well, my weight is up a bit today (.8) and I think that is to be expected as my body adjusts to a few more carbs.

I plan on updating my diet ticker on Monday!

My biggest fear is that this diet will simply stop working at some point like so many other diets I've tried. My typical mode of operation is I loose some at first (but not as fast as others) and then some point down the road it all stops! I continue on the diet for a few more months, but the losing is gone!

Later today I am going to try the crepes I previously mentioned and I'm going to use organic corn flour. I will give my review of those tomorrow. Corn flour is a tolerated food on Dukan meaning you have have a small amount but it's something to eliminate if the losing stops.

Here is my menu from yesterday:

sn: 2 hard boiled eggs with homemade ketchup
L: Tuna salad with homemade Ranch dressing
sn: 5 oz of Yogurt with cherry/rasberry sauce
D: Zitti from the DukinItOut site. This took 1.5 hours to make so I'm not going to attempt it again! It was though, very tastie!
sn: Warm chocolate mocha pudding! Yum

Everyone stay the course and have a wonderful day!
Old 09-12-2012, 09:37 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Good Mornin! Another PV day for me! This mornin I am hungry! I hope that means a Woosh soon!

Well, I made the crepes yesterday using Corn four (allowed on Dukan) as a tolerated food; a small amount on either PP or PV days. The original recipe called for white flour. These turned out like a very thin sturdy corn tortilla. Great for a meat stuffing w/ FF sour cream. Then I thought, why am I making these? I don't feel tired or frustrated with the food so I decided not to use them for awhile and try to keep my eating real clean in an attempt for better WL. Fortunately, my daughter and husband love them so I'll have no problem using this batch!

Here is the recipe:

Combine the following:
2 eggs
5 T of nonfat milk powder
1 cup water
1 C Corn four
1/4 tsp salt
1 T olive oil

Refrigerate batter for 1 hr. Heat an 8" nonstick skillet on medium (I used medium low). Pour 3 T of crepe batter into the pan (I didn't oil the pan at all). Tilt & turn skillet to spread evenly. Makes 12.

So it comes down to each crepe having 1T & 1t of corn flour. A bit over 1T.

Just got back from my walk. My knee is my motivation for losing weight. I have chondromalaica patella (softening of cartilage behind knee cap). Caused by age and mis-tracking in the femoral groove. I just finished a round of physical therapy and it did help and I learned some techniques to build muscles around the knee etc. The bottom line is I still have knee problems. Losing weight seems to help everything!

Also, I chose the Dukan plan cuz I want RESULTS and PRONTO! I am a slow loser and I would be happy with 6 lbs a month (instead of the usual 10 that most people seem to lose). So far so good, and I'm trying hard not to screw this up!

Everyone have a brilliant on-plan day!
Old 09-12-2012, 08:59 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: amazinggrace911
Stats: 190/190/150 -- 5'8"
WOE: Whatever It Takes!!!!!
Start Date: 7/30/2014
Sounds like your doing great so far!! Our stats are similar. I started on Dukan last summer at 231 and got down to about 196. Went off plan, but I have stayed below 200 since then. Starting back on Dukan tomorrow. My goal is 150 also. Excited about losing some more weight!!

Good luck!!
amazinggrace911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 09:08 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Lenise,

Thanks for posting to my WL journal! Wow, I'm really impressed on your success with Dukan and being able to maintain; that is just awesome!

I lost alot of my weight on Fat Flush and boy is that slow go! I am so ready for something that works, and works fairly quickly! I am determined that Dukan be my WOE for the long haul!

I hope to see your WL journal out there soon! We've got this!
Old 09-13-2012, 09:26 AM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Good morning gentle readers!

This half of the week starts my PP cycle. Even though DD recommends a 5/5 cycle of PP/PV, I'm going to try something else. It's just easier if the cycle is on a weekly basis so I'm going to try a 3/4 cycle of PV/PP followed by a 4/3 cycle of PV/PP.

This is how it works: one week I will do 3 PV days and 4 PP days. The next week I will do 4 PV days and 3 PP days. We'll see how that goes and how I loose. If there is a problem I will switch it up again!

So if I read the book correctly, it is in this phase that I will loose more weight. I will update my stats on Monday!

What seems to be different about this WOE is that my cravings are GONE! Not even tempted. And that's good cuz my daughter and husband have about every type of junk food on the planet. Not sure the reason cuz this is not usually the case, but certainly happy it's that way!

Stay strong my friends and have a fantastic on-program day!
Old 09-14-2012, 04:27 PM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Good Afternoon everyone!

Here was my challenge for the day! My daughter (age 11) has a standing play date with her best friend on Fridays. Now, this girl comes from a good, responsible family but I have issue with her. She is very pushy, demanding, and loud. I know at some point my daughter will not want this play date, but I'm waiting.

They always get a sandwich and treats. At the end of the play date, I'm usually frustrated and want a treat myself. So today I made a Dukan chocolate cake to have after she left and it turned out pretty good (and surprisingly filling); especially considering it had NO added fat.

I'm sorry, I don't remember the site that I copied it from. I certainly didn't create it!

Dukan diet's chocolate cake
A light low fat chocolate cake

Ingredients:
6 T ground oat bran
5 eggs
3 T fat free Greek yogurt
6 T powdered milk
sweetner to taste (I used a mixture of erythritol, and stevia)
1 T baking powder
4 T reduced fat cocoa
1 tsp vanilla

Preheat oven to 350. Mix everything together and bake for 30 min (I baked my for 25 minutes and it was plenty done)!

I hope you enjoy!
Old 09-16-2012, 04:43 PM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Happy Sunday!

Yes, still on Dukan and like the plan alot! Thinking back on my WL history, the plans I do the best on are the ones that are spelled out in detail! Not the ones that are a bit too flexible!

I've been faithful to the plan this week (my second week) and have maintained the loss of last week (6 lbs) but I will probably be about the same weight as last week in my "official" weigh-in.

From what I've read about other peeps experiences this is quite normal and a lot of followers don't loose next week either, but after that WATCH OUT things really start rolling!

Yesterday, I roasted a turkey and ate a drumstick for dinner! I think the extra bit of fat (in dark meat) really made it satisfying. For diary, I basically stick with FF sour cream and cream cheese with all others being 1-2% fat.

I hope everyone is having a marvelous, blessed, day!
Old 09-17-2012, 09:06 AM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Good Mornin Everyone!

Well the results are in and at the completion of my 2nd Duakn week, I'm down .2 for the week for a total of 6.2 pds in 2 weeks!

I wasn't expecting much if anything this week cuz of last week's big drop! So on to week 3!

I'm gonna post an (really) old WW recipe that fits perfectly into Dukan and it's yummy!

Tamale Casserole
4 oz cooked chicken
1 oz corn meal or corn flour
1 cup water
˝ cup tomato juice
1T dehydrated onion
1 tsp garlic powder
1tsp chicken bullion or seasoning broth mix.
1 to 2 tsp cumin

Cook all ingredients except cornmeal for 5 to 30 minutes. Add cornmeal to simmering chicken mixture & stir. Cover and cook 5-10 minutes.

(Bell peppers, tomato bits, mushrooms, zucchini may be added. Beef may be substitutes if precooked. )

Everyone have a fantastico on-plan day!
Old 09-18-2012, 09:54 AM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Good mornin all!

Had a fine Dukan day yesterday! It was the start of my PV days and I was missin broccoli so I made it my way!

I basically steam the florets with a heaping tablespoon of Better than Boullion Chicken (reduced sodium, organic) and 5 cloves of minced garlic! It is delicious! Even when I was doing Atkins I prefer my broccoli cooked this way!

The boullion has more sodium than DD would have approve of but hey c'est la vie (it is life). And so more life stuff, if I'm feeling rather off-balance or have any cravings, I add a bit more fat to my food (up to 1 T) and it really helps me to feel normal again. I usually need to to this only a couple times a week.

I'm going to embrace the motto from the Dukan chat on the Dukan site which is "Keep going" and that's what I strongly intend to do!

So everyone have a wonderful day and Keep going with whatever plan you follow!
Old 09-19-2012, 08:15 AM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Good Mornin to all!

Another day and I'm luvin it! Although, I only post my weight once a week, I'm happy to say that there is downward pressure (yes results) this week!

After hearing so many positive reviews, I've started with Braggs ACV to see what'll it do for me! So far I can confirm that it does give you an energy boost and makes you feel whole. I will continue to report on this as I see any results!

I wanted to give all you Dukan followers a tip on finding recipes. When you are missing something like pie, bread, cookies, etc, just google Dukan + (food item) and you will get many matches. For example, I did Dukan pizza, Dukan pie, Dukan bread and got lots of hits. The tricky part will be screening those to find only the best ones!

Well, daughter is off to school, and Sophie is begging for her mornin walk! So everyone have a fantastic day and remember to KEEP GOING with your plan of choice!
Old 09-20-2012, 12:36 PM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Good afternoon everyone!

Things are still on the Dukan track for me! My daughter told me this morning, "your diet isn't very hard to follow cuz you can have pancakes, chocolate cake, cheese cake, muffins, pizza, chocolate yogurt and all the good things!"

And you know she is right in many ways! I don't feel like I'm lacking anything. The thing that's the hardest is "There is just NO convience food." You have to prepare pretty much everything. So it's a good thing I luv to cook and experiment in the kitchen!

On Saturday, we are going to the beach and taking a slow road through the mountains. We will be gone for all day! So my plan is to cook several snacks to take with me along the way. We are going out to lunch, but I can order breakfast and have poached eggs and maybe some ham. Yum!

Here was my menu from yesterday:
B: Pancakes with SF syrup and Smart Squeeze butter replacement (I know it's not natural BUT it so reminds me of butter and it really feels a need.)

Sn: 2 boiled eggs

Lunch: Egg white Omlette with brussel sprouts

Sn: chocolate greek yogurt (finally found a way to make it without it being so tart.)

Dinner: Turkey stirfry with broccoli spears and red peppers

Sn: Dukan chocolate cake (My daughter was having an ice cream sundae so I needed something treat-like and this really hit the spot!)

Well today is my last PV day and looking forward to some PP days so I can drop some more pounds!

I hope you have a brilliant day and remember to KEEP GOING on whatever plan you follow!
Old 09-21-2012, 02:19 PM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Good afternoon all!

Well, I've been a cookin in preparation of the beach tomorrow. I've made cheese bread, muffins, and cheesecake too! That will definitely take care of it!

It all turned out pretty well. Out of the oven the cheese bread was wonderful, but then had a tart aftertaste. Today, the aftertaste was gone. After I perfect this recipe, I will post it here! The goji muffins were really good. So I'm all set with snacks but I will have to adjust my breakfast Not to include oat bran since that is the basis of the bread and muffins!

Yesterday was DD back to school night which included a BBQ. I looked over the menu beforehand and realized I could only have the grilled chicken. So I made sure I had some chocolate yogurt ready when I got home!!!

I am back on the PP rotation today through Sunday! And I hope I have good news to report on Monday! But, yes I am a turtle when it comes to losing! I must be patient.

Here is my menu of today:

BB: Dukan pancakes

SN 1 boiled egg, sm slice of cheese bread

L: 2 tilipia with sauce made of 2 T FF sour cream, spice mixture, and 1 tsp dry buttermilk powder! Yummy!

Sn: 1 goji muffin

DD: Wild Salmon

Sn: NO snack

I hope all of you have a wonderful day and remember to KEEP GOING with whatever plan you follow!
Old 09-23-2012, 04:56 PM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Well, back from the beach and had a wonderful time! The last wisps of summer were in the air! A great family outing!

I did great with Dukan but I must admit I felt a bit more tired than usual and even a bit light headed!

As you might have guessed, I stayed 100% on plan. I kept reminding myself that losing weight is hard and giving in and giving up is EASy! Why does it have to be that way?

I am also extremely happy to report that my knee is much, much better. Yes, when your kneecap that gets out of the femoral groove there is so much pain! But things can get better! Now, walking creates NO PAIN! Things feel 95% normal again.

I was well prepared for yesterday and my preparation paid off cuz I was able to retain my loss for the week (which I will report tomorrow!)

Here is my menu of yesterday!

B: Eggs and ff cream cheese

Sn: goji muffin

Lunch: At the restaurant I had 1 slice of thick ham and I piece of cheese bread (I brought)

Sn: 2 FF hot dogs & cream cheese muffin (I brought)

D: I can of tuna with ff miracle whip and dill pickle relish!

Remember we are IN IT to WIN IT! Everyone have a fabulous day!
Old 09-24-2012, 07:14 AM   #22
Senior LCF Member

Good Mornin Everyone!

I've updated my information and yes, 9 lbs down in 3 weeks!

I have to be realistic and realize that things are goin to slow down, but today, I'm baskin in the warmth of sucess!

I didn't sleep well last night! I kept dreamin of Dukan muffins (of all things) and I just couldn't get the recipe right! I guess I was just hungry!

Today, starts my school as I am going for a Health Informatics degree! Every quarter I plod along where my main priority is taking care of DD. I'm a bit of a perfectionist trying for that A+ instead of being satisfied with an A. For now college serves as my identity, something just for me!

Today, I am going to boil 1.5 dozen of eggs, prep some veggies, make some lime sauce for yogurt, and some choco cake to freeze in preparation of my week. So far I like the choco cake and the cheese bread the best of the things I have baked. The goji muffins were very good, but oh so small! And Friday, I'll be making Dukan pizza.

If anyone wants to post in my journal, your comments would be welcomed!

Well, I'm off for the day! Everyone have a blessed day and remember to KEEP GOING with whatever plan you follow!
Old 09-25-2012, 07:36 AM   #23
Senior LCF Member

Good Mornin All!

Well, just sticken to the plan today! Even though I am eating less fat and I'm definitely eating more fat then DD advises, I really haven't noticed my skin drying out! My hair is just as oily as ever!

As in any WL program, as I loose the fat I am tired and want to sleep more! That's just how my body reacts on ANY program! I am thankful for DD and his WL plan cuz so far so GOOD! If I'm going to be restricted, I better see results!

One part of the plan that I really like is that you're not restricted on how much you eat of approved foods! This is big, I mean HUGE! That means I don't have to go around feeling starved!

I was on JUDDD for 1 month and I lost 3 pounds but I just couldn't take the hunger of Down Days. As a student I need nourishment when I study. My classes are very HARD! At one point on a Down Day I got SO hungry, I just binged. It was like I was possessed with a force driving me to EAT! I think I found a box of twinkies! Not good!

Now, I am NOT bashing JUDDD! It works for alot of people and I am happy for them. But it really doesn't work for me! I think WL sucess best occurs when you find a plan that fits you! For me Dukan is fitting the bill nicely!

I don't have to record, log, and I can eat all I want but what I eat is restricted. According to eat right for your blood type, I'm a protein eater anyway. Perhaps that is why I seem to fit with this program!

Another thing is you have to prepare! Have things on hand to eat. That fits with me as well cuz I Luv to experiement in the kitchen! I try to make at least 5 new things a week to find the ones I like best!

Anyhoo, Just a few things about why I Dukan! But the most important one is I see RESULTS!!!!

Forgive me for rambling and everyone have a highly successful day and remember to KEEP GOING with whatever plan you follow!
Old 09-26-2012, 12:57 PM   #24
Senior LCF Member

Good afternoon all!

I'm still a major Dukan fan! Although if you told me a couple of months ago that I'd be following a plan that limits fats ~ I'd say your nuts! But after reading about people's success on this program I just had to try it!

And obviously, I'm so glad I did! For me, it works! You can't argue with success! I'm hoping to follow it ALL the way DOWN to goal (just get 'er done). Now I must say it does take an adjustment period. You feel weird, kinda off as your body adjusts! But now, I feel great and I don't really miss the fat (well, er today I don't. Tomorrow might be different. )

I must tell you what I do for salad dressings! For along while, I've been unhappy with what I buy in the stores. I look at the ingredient list and I don't like what I see. Soy oil! I am hypothyroid and I'm suppose to avoid soy! Plus, if you use a lot, like I do, it's mega calories. So following the Dukan WOE, I make my own!

I use a ranch spice mix, and add ff sour cream and 1 tsp of dry buttermilk powder! I'm good to go with this! Plus I can use alot! I cannot take credit for this recipe but I can recommend it!

Ranch spice mix:
Use whatever amount of dry buttermilk you'd use to equal one cup mixed
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1 tbs dry parsley
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp paprika
1/8 tsp cayennne
1 tsp of splenda
Mix well and store in the fridge. If you want to reconstitue it add the amount of butter milk called for with 1 cup of mayo. Leave the cayenne out if you don't want any heat.

Obviously this was an Atkins recipe so make the adjustments you need according to your WOE! I'm thinkin of making up a batch that uses green chili peppers and a batch that uses pimentos.

Everyone have a marvelous day and remember to KEEP GOING with whatever plan you follow!
Old 09-27-2012, 11:25 AM   #25
Senior LCF Member

Good mornin all!

Well, today I start my PP cycle. I'd rather have PV days, but I realize the PP really help with the weight loss!

On PP days, I always have my tolerated food allowance in the form of a wrap, bread, or cake to help me through! But PP make for simplier cooking days, for sure!

My usual protein has been, ground turkey, egg whites, tilipia, salmon, and chicken breasts. The other night I was in Costco and picked of a rotisserise chicken and boy did I enjoy that. The meat was so tender and good. Yes, you can have dark meat too!

Well, Oct 2nd will complete my first month of Dukan. I keep wanting to make these great lc/lf muffins of my previous days but it uses coconut flour which Dukan doesn't mention (probably too much fat). These make huge fluffy muffins that are high in protein and pretty low in fat. So after my month is finished, I'm allowing myself to have 2 of these (only).

I'm afraid of veering off the given Dukan road but I adore these muffins. So it's a fine balance of staying on the program to continue losing, and having something that you REALLY like!

Everying is going well, getting liquid, exercising, and sticking to program. Plus I am sleeping so well and have lots of energy during the day!

That's it for me my friends! Have a fantastic day and remember to KEEP GOING on whatever plan you follow!
Old 09-28-2012, 10:49 AM   #26
Senior LCF Member

Good mornin and Happy Friday!

I will be posting this week's weight loss on Tuesday mornin, the anniversary of 1 month following Dukan!

Tonight, I am going to attempt to make Dukan Pizza! I have three recipes for the crust and I have picked the one that sounded the best to me so I'll report how I liked it tomorrow!

Now I love to have the Dukan pancakes for breakfast, but it uses my oat bran which I need for the pizza. I found the perfect solution. I replaced my usual oat bran pancakes with Jenny's Better than Boxed Low Carb Pancakes that can be found on Linda Sues' site! So I'm good!

Still following the plan. Good thing you're not restricted on the amounts of food! Last night I was HUNGRY after dinner so I ate a complete can of tuna, made my way of course!

And the best part is I'm still losing, me, the turtle, loser! In my past, I have tried a WL program and it would intially work, slow but okay. Then if I went off that program and tried it again later there would be NO weight loss, nothing!

I am holding tight to Dukan, following along for as long as I can. Hoping and it will take me down to goal! Now is the time!

So everyone have a very blessed day and remember to KEEP GOING with whatever plan you follow!
Old 09-28-2012, 07:02 PM   #27
Senior LCF Member

Good evening friends!

I just had a wonderful filling Dukan pizza and I thought I'd post this evening instead of tomorrow!

The visual appear was PERFECT! The crust looked exactly like one of those premade crusts you buy in the store! When I need pizza this will be my go-to recipe!

Here is the recipe.
Crust:
1 tsp of baking powder
1 T parmeasean cheese
1 T Corn flour
2 T oat bran
2 T plain yogurt
2 eggs (I used 1 egg and 1/4 egg beater)

Mix all the above. It will be thin. Spray a 6 inch nonstick pan and set the stove to medium-low. Pour the mixture into the pan and let cook. Mine took about 10 minutes, really. Do NOT FLIP. When the bottom is done, and the top still a bit liquid, remove from pan.

I let mine cool and finish cooking then added 2 T of pizza sauce, turky pepperoni, onion, 1T of olives (my bad), turkey sausage and 1/3 cup 2% cheese. Placed under my oven broiler for 4 minutes! Yummy!

As we all know there is no free lunch, and this did not taste like a regular pizza, but I really enjoyed it! It operated like a normal pizza with slices you could pick up, but the full fat taste was missing! But it did taste good and was VERY filling! I will definitly be having this again!
Old 10-01-2012, 09:24 AM   #28
Senior LCF Member

Happy Monday Everyone!

Today is the start of my PV days and it will be good to get some veggies in! I will update my stats tomorrow cuz that marks the end of 1 month on Dukan!

I convess I had a blip in the road on Saturday! Extra stuff going on to the point I just felt put-upon! I lash out in these situations by EATING!

My diet history tells me that my number 1 DANGEROUS food is Chocolate Chip Cookies (like the ones at Costco). I cannot have those in the house. Following that is cookies of any kind. If I lived alone, I would not have any cookies in the house. That is not the case, there are cookies in the house for DH and DD. So yes I fell into the cookies and hade a moderate slip!

I'm over it now and my steadfast resolve is back! Had myself a good talking to!

Strangely enough, my goal is week is to find a good Dukan cookie recipe. I have rounded up 9 Dukan cookie recipes and will review them and try a couple of them and report back my findings!

Also, I am going to tighten up my eating this week. For the first month, I probably had 3-4 egg yolks per day. Dukan only recommends 1 per day! I'm going to adjust to that and see if it makes a difference.

Some people report eating several yolks per day and it doesn't make a difference but alas I know myself and everything makes a difference to this turtle loser.

That's it for me. Everyone have a blessed day and remember to KEEP GOING with whatever plan you follow!
Old 10-01-2012, 04:48 PM   #29
Senior LCF Member

Hello gentle readers!

I'd thought I'd come back and give my status on Dukan Cookies so I could put a period on that subject and move ON!

Of the recipes I have, a lot of them were VERY similar. I tried three of them! Two of them produced something I call a CHOKING HAZARD!

The other one produced a batter so thin I had to prop it up with 3 tablespoons of oat fiber. They were basically tasteless. So the results are in: I am going to be a happy Dukaneer WITHOUT COOKIES!

This is probably for the best since they are a MAJOR TRIGGER food for me anyway!

But I don't feel deprived cuz in just one month I have found Dukan approved foods I such as:

pancakes, muffins, cheesecake, chocolate cake, chocolate yogurt, cheese bread, crepes

And I'm just getting started! I have created a Word doc of 120 pages of Dukan recipes to review and try and I have 2 Dukan recipe books also!

Anyway that is my cookie verdict!

Well, I hope everyone is enjoying their day and remember we are IN IT TO WIN IT!
Old 10-02-2012, 10:36 AM   #30
Senior LCF Member

Good morning gentle readers!

I've updated my stats and I'm happy to report a loss this week! This is the most I've ever lost in one month!

I am both excited and cautious thinking about next month though!

I like the WOE and I the results! So I am going to KEEP GOING for sure! I'm already having self-talks about handling Halloween!

Well, that's the happy news for the day! Everyone, take care and remember to KEEP GOING with whatever plan you follow!