Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2012, 05:30 PM   #31
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 9/3/2012
I didn't make it to the Asian market today but hope to tomorrow. Can't wait to dry the milk and the cream. Thinking hot chocolate here.

I have coconut cream concentrate from tropical Traditions, wonder if that would turn into the cream by adding water? Might experiment a little.
Buffy45 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-16-2012, 07:36 AM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mom2zeke
Stats: 257/144.8/150
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis--Maintenance!
Start Date: August 6, 2001
I was surprised by the menu at the restaurant we went to last night. The restaurant has a sister restaurant so I assumed that the menus would be the same. Unfortunately the menu was much smaller and didn't have what I had picked off of the other menu. I ended up okay with a bowl of melted cheese with chorizo in it. It came with chips, but I ignored them. I also got a caesar salad. It was actually quite tasty. I did end up eating a bunch of fat when I got home (fat bombs and cream cheese). I'm not even sure why. Sometimes when I go out with others and see them eating all of the stuff that I can't have I start to feel like I deserve a treat of some kind. Not a great attitude, I know. At least the fat bombs and cream cheese are totally on plan for me.

This morning's ketones were 2.5, BG 81. Weight was 149.6 (it's been going down bit by bit for the last 3 days) so the TOM weight is finally leaving. It's discouraging to bounce around for 7 days! Luckily it never went so high that I panicked.

I also put my measurements into the BF calculator that seemed the most accurate for me and last week I was 26.12%, this week I was 25.99%. Probably not completely accurate, but the numbers are heading in the right direction. I did lose inches in my waist, bellybutton, hips, and thighs. Exactly where I want to lose!! It's really hard for me to lose weight in these areas so this is a huge win for me.
257/144.8/150
BF% Goal 26%/20%/20%
February Nutritional Ketosis...Are you in the zone?
Nutritional Ketosis Thread Information and Posts of Interest
My Maintenance Journal
Original weight 2001--257 Maintaining 165-175 from 2002-March 2012
March 2012 to August 2012--175/150 Made Goal 8/27/12!
mom2zeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 07:51 AM   #33
Big Yapper!!!!

Win/win/win.

You are doing such a great job at maintaining and I think it is because you are keeping such a close eye on everything.

I hear you on wanting a treat after I go out to eat with others. I am so good at the restaurant that I am already planning what I will have when I get home, but that also keeps me on track while I am out.

My ketones this AM were 1.7 so I am working up. Think I can quit testing every night now to saw strips since it is always higher at night. AS long as I am a good girl anyway. My body fat is at 50% so I have a long road ahead. I have always read that the higher the BF, the less calories you burn so I assume that will hinder my loss but I have let that happen, now I have to live with it and hope this helps me work downward. No exercise for me yet but maybe I will get the urge in the future. I am somewhat lazy at 66, I did walk and jog in my younger years.

Oh, the Coconut cream concentrate can be made into milk and or cream, you just add water. I made a delish hot chocolate last night with 1 t of that, heaping T of cocoa, stevia drops and boiling water. Then added about a T of HWC.
Old 09-16-2012, 08:03 AM   #34
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
I hear you on wanting a treat after I go out to eat with others. I am so good at the restaurant that I am already planning what I will have when I get home, but that also keeps me on track while I am out.
I am so glad to hear this. I thought I was the only one!! Last night when things were winding down all I could think about was the fat bomb (or 3) I was going to have when I got home.

Quote:
My ketones this AM were 1.7 so I am working up. Think I can quit testing every night now to saw strips since it is always higher at night. AS long as I am a good girl anyway. My body fat is at 50% so I have a long road ahead. I have always read that the higher the BF, the less calories you burn so I assume that will hinder my loss but I have let that happen, now I have to live with it and hope this helps me work downward. No exercise for me yet but maybe I will get the urge in the future. I am somewhat lazy at 66, I did walk and jog in my younger years.
Yeah on the ketones! I agree that once you're in the groove you can cut back on testing unless you slip up. I used to hate exercise until I lose weight and found things that I loved. Jogging and running, not so much. When I was younger I thought that I had to do those things because that's what my peers do when they want to lose weight. Once I discovered weight training I learned what it was to love exercise and that I didn't need to do hours of cardio (which I hate, BTW) to be in great shape.

Quote:
Oh, the Coconut cream concentrate can be made into milk and or cream, you just add water. I made a delish hot chocolate last night with 1 t of that, heaping T of cocoa, stevia drops and boiling water. Then added about a T of HWC.
Very cool! Where did you get the concentrate?
Old 09-16-2012, 09:58 AM   #35
Big Yapper!!!!

I might get a hankering for weight training once I get further into this, I know that is great and I also love walking, once I get my butt out the door, and, living in TX, I have no excuse.

Google Tropical Traditions, they have lots of coconut stuff and good quality. I think it is listed under foods, not coconut oil, but it is the 2nd or so link on the left under their list of products. I have ordered from them in the past and very happy.
Old 09-16-2012, 10:15 AM   #36
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Google Tropical Traditions, they have lots of coconut stuff and good quality. I think it is listed under foods, not coconut oil, but it is the 2nd or so link on the left under their list of products. I have ordered from them in the past and very happy.
I buy my coconut oil from them but have not looked at the other products. I'll take a look.
Old 09-16-2012, 10:32 AM   #37
Big Yapper!!!!

Took me a while to find it
Old 09-17-2012, 04:47 PM   #38
Major LCF Poster!

Ugh. I'm up 2 pounds this morning (151.6), barely in ketosis (.6), am BG is the highest I've ever recorded (102).

Last night I had a few glasses of red wine and then ate too many ribs. I also ate more coleslaw than I had planned. Too many carbs and too much protein.

I have felt like I have a lead weight in my stomach all day. I almost didn't want to check in to LCF. Today is 3 weeks into maintenance and I am doubting my ability to stick to plan on the weekends. I also have a vacation in 2.5 weeks and I'm worried about how that's going to go. I don't want to weigh and measure everything on vacation, but I also don't want to gain while I'm gone. I don't think that I'll eat anything off-plan, but will definitely drink and probably eat too much of LC foods.

I have a few weeks to get mentally prepared for this. I may try putting some vacation menus into ****** to make an eating plan before I go. We'll have a full kitchen and don't plan on much eating out. But I do want to eat the local food and relax a bit.
Old 09-17-2012, 05:40 PM   #39
Big Yapper!!!!

Part of the learning experience of maintainence I am sure, although I have never dealt with it. You are doing great and coming here to post is the best thing you can do, let that go and you will let yourself slip up more. Just remember how many of us you have inspired and know you can do this. Back in the saddle girly. N
Old 09-17-2012, 06:21 PM   #40
zay
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: zay
WOE: low cal/low carb
Kristin, its difficult to control ingredients the restaurants use. They most likely had some sugars in/on the cole slaw and the ribs. A rib place is difficult but most restaurants and our own kitchens we have better control.

I think you are doing great. You are at goal now. This is the time to find a way to make it livable, to be happy and healthy with your food intake.

Glad you enjoyed yourself and are moving on! Its a new day
zay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 06:27 PM   #41
zay
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Kristin, how much do you pay for your Aroy D Coconut Cream in the carton? I found a store that carries it but it is a little drive...about an hour round trip. I found it on Amazon for $9.95 ea...free ship over $25. Is this a good price? Thanks.
Old 09-17-2012, 08:25 PM   #42
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Buffy and Zay!

I wish that I could blame the sugar in the sauce and the coleslaw, but our friends made the ribs without sugar in the rub and I brought SF sauce and the coleslaw. I think it's just a case of eating too much! I'm back to normal amounts today and I'm feeling pretty good tonight. The lead brick in my stomach is going away.

Zay--we pay less than $4 for the coconut cream carton at our local store. I guess it depends on where you live whether $9.95 it's a good price, especially if you don't know if you'll like it. Maybe you could try some from Amazon and then if you liked it you could investigate places that are closer to purchase it.
Old 09-18-2012, 05:57 PM   #43
Major LCF Poster!

I'm feeling much better today! Weight was down a pound to an acceptable 150.6. My ketones were 1.0. So both are headed in the right direction. My eating is right on track too.

It is so much easier to not overeat and to exercise on weekdays.
Old 09-18-2012, 09:29 PM   #44
Big Yapper!!!!

Kristn, wonder if you may settle into a kind of routine where you are quite strict during the week and able to relax just a little on weekends, for instance, haveing some drinks with friends and perhaps some more calories?

You are doing a great job of keeping a close eye on maintainence, as they say, losing the weight is only half the battle, keeping it off is another new battle!

KUTGW
Old 09-19-2012, 06:24 AM   #45
Major LCF Poster!

Betty--I think you may be on to something. Although I'll have to get over the guilt and transient weight-gain that's inevitable with that kind of plan. But it seems to be naturally happening anyway, so eventually I should probably accept it.

Have you hear anything about your CVS strips? Did you see that they cancelled Dottie's friend's order? Mine still seems to be in process. It was such a great deal I really hope that it materializes!

Yesterdays maintenance intake:
Carbs: 23.7 (4%)
Protein: 80.9 (19%)
Fat: 144.4 (77%)
Calories: 1695
This morning:
Ketones: 1.0
BG: 91
Weight: 150.8 (up .2)

I'm a little annoyed that my scale is registering slightly above 150 instead of slightly below. I hope that I'm not being obsessive about it. I have cut back slightly on my total intake to see if it makes any difference. I almost want to see if I can get down lower before we leave for vacation (2 weeks from Friday), but I'm worried that will backfire.
Old 09-19-2012, 10:26 AM   #46
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2zeke View Post
Betty--I think you may be on to something. Although I'll have to get over the guilt and transient weight-gain that's inevitable with that kind of plan. But it seems to be naturally happening anyway, so eventually I should probably accept it.

Have you hear anything about your CVS strips? Did you see that they cancelled Dottie's friend's order? Mine still seems to be in process. It was such a great deal I really hope that it materializes!

Yesterdays maintenance intake:
Carbs: 23.7 (4%)
Protein: 80.9 (19%)
Fat: 144.4 (77%)
Calories: 1695
This morning:
Ketones: 1.0
BG: 91
Weight: 150.8 (up .2)

I'm a little annoyed that my scale is registering slightly above 150 instead of slightly below. I hope that I'm not being obsessive about it. I have cut back slightly on my total intake to see if it makes any difference. I almost want to see if I can get down lower before we leave for vacation (2 weeks from Friday), but I'm worried that will backfire.
I think you meant me instead of Betty, doesn't matter. I am older and don't go out that much with friends anymore but weekends and having a few drinks were really a part of my fun life and you don't want to have to give that up. So, if it means a lean/mean day or two during the week and allowing yourself to do that on weekends, I think that is a good plan. You want to enjoy life to the fullest.

I haven't heard a thing about my order but haven't gone online to check it like you did. will do that.

Yes, you probably are a little obsessive over the scale, but, let's not think completely that is a bad thing. That might just be what keeps you totally able to maintain this wonderful loss you have. I think you do need to be obsessive, at least until you are further into maintainence.

I hear you on wanting some wiggle room on vacation, not sure if you want to pay now or pay later, KWIM? If you go at your current weight, you do know what you have to do when you get home to get it back off, so you might want to do that and maybe, just maybe, you won't have a gain
Old 09-19-2012, 10:53 AM   #47
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I think you meant me instead of Betty, doesn't matter.
Buffy--I did mean you! I am so sorry. I was rushing to try to get my post off before I left for work.

Quote:
I am older and don't go out that much with friends anymore but weekends and having a few drinks were really a part of my fun life and you don't want to have to give that up. So, if it means a lean/mean day or two during the week and allowing yourself to do that on weekends, I think that is a good plan. You want to enjoy life to the fullest.
You're so right, I don't want to give it up.

Quote:
Yes, you probably are a little obsessive over the scale, but, let's not think completely that is a bad thing. That might just be what keeps you totally able to maintain this wonderful loss you have. I think you do need to be obsessive, at least until you are further into maintainence.
Good point. I had intended to not worry about anything below 152, but I still do. I may work on having an official weigh-in day (Friday?) that I use for worrying. If I'm still higher than I'd like on Friday then I can be lean and mean for a week.

Quote:
I hear you on wanting some wiggle room on vacation, not sure if you want to pay now or pay later, KWIM? If you go at your current weight, you do know what you have to do when you get home to get it back off, so you might want to do that and maybe, just maybe, you won't have a gain
I'm going to think about this. Paying later wouldn't be so bad, although we're heading into the holidays. And I have always found it harder to lose in the fall.

Last edited by mom2zeke; 09-19-2012 at 11:03 AM..
Old 09-19-2012, 11:00 AM   #48
Big Yapper!!!!

And don't give it up Kristn, I miss those days when we had so much fun on weekends and it always involved a few drinks. It is easier now that I don't drink much, so easy to give it up on this WOE and we don't go out nearly as much. But, you are young, and life is to be lived and enjoyed. You just have to be smart about it and you are learning exactly how to do that.
Old 09-21-2012, 04:29 PM   #49
Major LCF Poster!

I'm happy to be back at 149.2 this morning. I'm counting it as my weekly weigh-in since Fridays are now my official weigh-in day.

The past few days have been hectic, but I've been able to stick to plan. I know that hormones are playing a large role in the scale roller coaster. Yesterday I was 151 and felt puffy (day 10 of TOM also!!). This morning I felt myself again, my weight was down, and TOM is finally gone.

Tonight we're going out to the best steak in town. Luckily their sides aren't much to write home about so it shouldn't be much of a problem. I have already decided to have a ribeye and wedge salad (they do have an awesome wedge salad). I only plan to eat half of the steak. I haven't decided whether to drink wine or vodka. Wine has more carbs and is more likely to make me feel crummy tomorrow. But I love steak and red wine! And after this stressful week a glass of wine sounds marvelous.
Old 09-21-2012, 04:48 PM   #50
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
I'm happy to be back at 149.2 this morning. I'm counting it as my weekly weigh-in since Fridays are now my official weigh-in day.

The past few days have been hectic, but I've been able to stick to plan. I know that hormones are playing a large role in the scale roller coaster. Yesterday I was 151 and felt puffy (day 10 of TOM also!!). This morning I felt myself again, my weight was down, and TOM is finally gone.

Tonight we're going out to the best steak in town. Luckily their sides aren't much to write home about so it shouldn't be much of a problem. I have already decided to have a ribeye and wedge salad (they do have an awesome wedge salad). I only plan to eat half of the steak. I haven't decided whether to drink wine or vodka. Wine has more carbs and is more likely to make me feel crummy tomorrow. But I love steak and red wine! And after this stressful week a glass of wine sounds marvelous.
Goood job during your busy week with company and all!
Old 09-21-2012, 04:54 PM   #51
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Goood job during your busy week with company and all!
Thanks Buffy! And congratulations to you again on the great losses that you're having! When I finally got in the groove of NK I really felt great and the weight started finally coming off. Maybe not as fast as some others, but I didn't expect the last pounds to come off that fast. I ended up losing about 4 pounds a month which seems amazing considering my long stall and that these were the last pounds of my journey.
Old 09-21-2012, 05:35 PM   #52
Big Yapper!!!!

I will be more than happy to settle in at 1 lb per week
Old 09-22-2012, 04:50 PM   #53
Major LCF Poster!

I had a great dinner last night! I love this WOE--wagyu ribeye, wedge salad, great wine, and then mascarpone cheese and berries when I got home. This morning I was down again 148.8, ketones were 2.0.

I went shopping with my mom this afternoon. First we went to Goodwill. I am so overwhelmed with needing new clothes that I don't want to shop retail. I really scored some great items! I realized that it's much easier to thrift shop when you wear smaller sizes. I love that I am pretty firmly in a size 8 at this point--I never thought I would be able to wear single digits and I still think the clothes aren't going to fit when I take them off of the rack. After this shopping trip I think I'm pretty set for the fall and for our vacation. So many of my favorite vacation clothes are just too big, so it was fun to get new sundresses, shorts, and a cover up along with fall work and play items. We did go to Macy's to get new bras and underwear. I do draw the line on thrift shopping at underwear.
Old 09-22-2012, 05:20 PM   #54
Big Yapper!!!!

Try Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Stein Mart for great prices on undies
Old 09-22-2012, 05:26 PM   #55
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Try Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Stein Mart for great prices on undies
Great ideas Buffy! We have a TJ Maxx near us, but it's very hit or miss so I don't think about it when I head out to shop. I've never seen a Stein Mart, I just looked and they aren't in Washington State.
Old 09-22-2012, 05:41 PM   #56
zay
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I had a great dinner last night! I love this WOE--wagyu ribeye, wedge salad, great wine, and then mascarpone cheese and berries when I got home. This morning I was down again 148.8, ketones were 2.0.

Wow Kristn! That is inspiring! So when are we going to see you at a size 8? I'd really like to see. You and I are the same age (well, one year younger) and height. I dream of a size 8!
Old 09-23-2012, 08:27 AM   #57
Major LCF Poster!

Copying this from the other thread.

Yesterday my maintenance intake was:
Protein: 69.9 (23%)
Fat: 99.6 (72%)
Carbs (not net): 16.6 (5%)
Calories: 1237
This morning:
Weight: 148.2
Ketones: 1.2
BG: 87

I did not mean to eat so little yesterday. I was still full from the night before so I just had coffee with coconut cream for breakfast. I was also planning on going out last night so I was saving some calories for cocktails. But my mom was too tired to go out so we stayed home instead.

I also measured this morning and everything is pretty much the same as last week except my waist is down .25 inches. When I plugged my numbers in the BF% calculator it said I was 25.95% BF, last week it said 25.99%. I don't have much faith in these calculators. I really think that so much depends on where you carry your weight. Losing weight around my waist was okay, but I'd much rather lose around my hips and thighs. It seems to me when the hip measurement goes down in relation to the waist those calculators have your BF% going up.

I hate to say it, but I'm kind of liking losing again. Not sure where this is all going. If I stay around 150 I'll be amazingly happy. But if I drop down a bit more I wouldn't complain. As long as I'm happy and satisfied with what I'm eating I guess I'll let my weight figure itself out (but not over 150).
Old 09-23-2012, 08:29 AM   #58
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zay View Post
Wow Kristn! That is inspiring! So when are we going to see you at a size 8? I'd really like to see. You and I are the same age (well, one year younger) and height. I dream of a size 8!
Thanks zay! I just haven't had much opportunity to take pictures lately. But I will definitely have some pics from vacation. 8 is a dream for me too! One of the tops I bought yesterday was a 6. I'm always smaller on top so it wasn't a total surprise--but it's unbelievable to me that I have a size 6 garment in my closet that actually fits.
Old 09-23-2012, 08:36 AM   #59
Big Yapper!!!!

I have a lot of size 3's in my closet, of course they are from Chico's who use their own sizing, maybe it is European sizing, not sure. They carry 0, 1, 2 and 3's. I will be so happy to walk in there and not go to the highest size!!!

Never wore an 8 in my life, 10 was the smallest size i wore 30 years ago and I weighed under 140 then.
Old 09-23-2012, 05:32 PM   #60
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I have a lot of size 3's in my closet, of course they are from Chico's who use their own sizing, maybe it is European sizing, not sure. They carry 0, 1, 2 and 3's. I will be so happy to walk in there and not go to the highest size!!!
Gotta love those Chico's sizes.