Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2012, 04:04 PM   #241
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: C'Marie
Stats: 270/down 110-ish/ goal 147
WOE: hCG Rx shots/JUDDD maintain
Start Date: 1/4/2010 Now R9 P2
ok, so it's another one of the YMMV situations. Thanks.
C'Marie is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2012, 04:36 PM   #242
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by C'Marie View Post
ok, so it's another one of the YMMV situations. Thanks.
Yep, I ate around 1500 and 500 daily. I should have had 1700 and 420 daily. I just eat to hunger now. I am never hungry ever. Even on DD.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 05:43 PM   #243
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Reddy
Stats: Start 181/RI 164/R2 156/R3 155/R4 154/ C 157.2
WOE: Low Carb / HCG
Start Date: 7/9/12
Buttah, Ive definitely read others talking about how they felt weak at the end and saw it as a signal it was time to stop. But if you up your protein that may work well for you too!

I just caught up on the P3 thread and I'm sorry that the exchange left you turned off from posting there. You know I would hate for you to not be there. I think the insight and information you offer is so valuable and so helpful to so many.

I think sometimes the internet is tough because it leaves so much room for mis interpretation and misunderstanding. WIthout inflection we can easily read something to be be more aggressive or more harsh than it is meant. That said, I think everyone on this forum has something to offer and everyone is here because they can take something from the contributions of others.

Not everyone is going to agree or understand everyone elses advice etc... but there are probably many lurkers out there too that are benefitting from it so keep doing what you are doing!
Reddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 05:50 PM   #244
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: buttah
Stats: 189/137/136-140
WOE: peri-meno "corrective" R4
Start Date: LowCal/Dukan/JUDD 2/12-8/12, then 3 rounds rxHCG
Thanks, sweetie, but I think I really am done over there, for everyone's benefit. It's best for me to just stay here, for now at least (I've explained this more in post #242, in case you missed it). That said, I really do think there are some great ladies in the P2 and P3 threads, and I wish them all well.

But you!!!! You better keep visiting me here or I don't know what!

Last edited by buttah; 10-06-2012 at 05:52 PM..
buttah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 05:52 PM   #245
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by buttah View Post
Thanks, sweetie, but I think I really am done over there, for everyone's benefit. It's best for me to just stay here, for now at least (I've explained this more in post #232, in case you missed it). That said, I really do think there are some great ladies in the P2 and P3 threads, and I wish them all well.

But you!!!! You better keep visiting me here or I don't know what!
Awww that sucks that you feel turned off and feeling this way. I'm sorry. Are you not posting in P2 either now? A lot of people will be losing out from that!!!

You know I'll keep checking in on you and keeping tabs!!!!
Old 10-06-2012, 06:03 PM   #246
Major LCF Poster!

Ooops, I corrected. Post 242, not post 232.

As for the P2 thread, I don't know. I'm cruising toward the end of this round, my losses are slow, and the talk of being up by this fraction or down by that fraction and, what it means or doesn't mean, and frankly, what seems to be a lot of going off protocol for this reason or that or the other... it's not helpful, and I don't have much to offer in return that I haven't said already.

I'm finally finishing verbqueen's HCG journal (Hi Jess, if you're still out there!), and that there is one purposeful, strong-minded woman after my own heart - like you, Reddy, and like so many of my JUDDD buds who visit here.

For now, this is what I need. And if I can get back to my sense of humor (believe it or not, I actually make a living with it - hard to tell in the P3 thread), I may even have something to offer in return.
Old 10-06-2012, 06:08 PM   #247
Major LCF Poster!

Understandable. You need to do what is going to keep you focussed and on the right track. Use this forum however it will benefit you the most.

I have been posting less myself, not for the same reasons you mention but just b/c I've been busy and strecthed thin.

I'm glad to have been able to learn from you and hope to continue to do that. I will likely look to you for wisdom if / when I try JUDD.

Will keep checking in on you.
Old 10-06-2012, 07:22 PM   #248
Major LCF Poster!

Stretched thin. That's what I want to be!

I will check on you, too!
Old 10-07-2012, 09:37 AM   #249
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Stevie Renee
Start Date: July 2000
Buttah,
I wanted to tell you how much I have learned from your articulate postings in the forum. I learned a lot from you because you took the time to explain a lot of it. I sure hope you continue to put your thoughts here so we can carry on.

I joined a forum recently and had to leave because it was obsessive weighing and I am trying to not do that the second half of my life. I never even had a scale till I came to LCF years ago.

I wonder if you have any insight into this....there is this mental fight I have most times. Not all times, but most. It is that feeling or desire "to have something sweet" at the end of the day. Otherwise I feel deprived or angry even and how unfair it is I cannot have it. I know it is entitlement and emotional Robin would say too suffer through it, like her exercise addiction at one point. To force herself to not excersie and go through all the emotions of it. Do you agree? Is this what I am to do or understand? This is what I would like to break and stop. That intense desire.

Anyway, still have DD here from Germany. Enjoying that time very much.

Oh...I wanted to say, some people said they have a hard time at 5-6, I have a hard time at 3 to 4....I think.lol (The HS)

Stevie Renee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:49 AM   #250
Major LCF Poster!

I want to talk shopping and dressing.

Because jeans are the thing I look best in, am most comfortable in, black, white and denim blue are staples I simply must have.

I work at home, so unless I have meetings, lunches or an evening out (work or play), it's either a pair of old jeans or yoga pants and a t-shirt.

But if I leave the house, I work in a profession where I'm expected to look artsy, creative and hip, so my clothes MUST project that, but be age appropriate (and I look about 40 and live in LA, so I'm going with THAT age). I also like a bit of edge (big surprise there). You won't see me in anything resembling a suit, ever. It's always jeans (black, blue or white) and a great t-shirt or silk or rayon top with a jacket - velvets, brocades, short little leather jackets, and great shoes or boots. And a great bag.

Anyway, if my jeans don't keep me pulled in nicely in the middle and thighs, I don't feel good or look good. So there was no way I was ever gonna walk around in the vanity sized-12's and 14's I was wearing back in February, WHILE I was shrinking. I've had to invest in a steady decline of sizes, just to "feel" good, let alone look good. The nice thing was, like most overweight people, I had a few pair of jeans that were too small to grab first. But then they got too big. So I bought a couple more. Then they got too big. So I got a couple more.

Now I'm wearing size 8's, and even a 6 or two (or those 20-something waist size brands that I don't understand, but I'm not complaining)! I have no idea how this is possible. Sizes have clearly changed since I was in my 20's, because I weighed less than I do now and NEVER would've been less than a 10. No. Possible. Way. I wonder if there any other ladies over 50 who've noticed this.

Anyway, I've finally gotten to the point where I'm sick of buying jeans that get too big. And nearing the end of P2, I'm unsure when and how I'll knock off the last 10 lbs, or if I might even lower my goal weight once I get there... AND knowing there's a badly needed tummy tuck in my sooner-than-ever future (perhaps then I won't count on well-fitting jeans to flatten out my abdomen, or maybe different cuts will flatter me post-surgery) I am loathe to buy any more.

So what am I doing? I'm going crazy on tops and jackets. Which adds up a lot faster than having just those three colors of denim that fit. Weight loss has suddenly become expensive for me.

But here is the thing. FOR YEARS, I saved a fortune on clothes. I hated shopping. Because nine times out of ten, if I loved it, I couldn't wear it. It didn't look right. Or it didn't come in anything bigger than a 6/8! Going shopping was a depressing chore. I found a few designers that I could wear, but it was at least half about finding stuff that hid my flaws while still looking semi-creative. NOT about loving what I bought. Often I bought something merely because it hid flaws. And I didn't know if I'd find anything better. I settled. Shopping mostly just made me sad.

Well, it doesn't anymore. And I'm using it as a reward that I feel I deserve. But I have to stop. Because it's very possible even my top half will shrink again. The former XL's and L's that are now M's may one day be S's (although with my huge boobs, I kind of doubt it).

That's all. The wonderfulness has to stop. Maybe I can reward myself with some jewelry. Jewelry and shoes. They always fit. And bags. Those always fit, too. Oh God help me.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:00 AM   #251
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie Renee View Post
Buttah,
I wanted to tell you how much I have learned from your articulate postings in the forum. I learned a lot from you because you took the time to explain a lot of it. I sure hope you continue to put your thoughts here so we can carry on.

I joined a forum recently and had to leave because it was obsessive weighing and I am trying to not do that the second half of my life. I never even had a scale till I came to LCF years ago.

I wonder if you have any insight into this....there is this mental fight I have most times. Not all times, but most. It is that feeling or desire "to have something sweet" at the end of the day. Otherwise I feel deprived or angry even and how unfair it is I cannot have it. I know it is entitlement and emotional Robin would say too suffer through it, like her exercise addiction at one point. To force herself to not excersie and go through all the emotions of it. Do you agree? Is this what I am to do or understand? This is what I would like to break and stop. That intense desire.

Anyway, still have DD here from Germany. Enjoying that time very much.

Oh...I wanted to say, some people said they have a hard time at 5-6, I have a hard time at 3 to 4....I think.lol (The HS)

Aw, thank you.

Not sure if you think Robin would TODAY say to fight through it or exercise it away. That is what the old Robin used to do, in her addictive past. Today Robin would say if you have room left on the HS, have a little piece of chocolate or something sweet. She is all about not depriving yourself of things you love or demonizing foods to the point where you go nuts if you have a bite. I posted one of her videos where she goes into this in one of the P2/P3 or P-everything threads in response to Adeline recently (and as is often the case, the video is not labelled to indicate that she discusses this - it's about going to parties on P2).

For the record, I had a Reese's mini PB cup or two in the evening EVERY SINGLE DAY during the first three months of my WL journey. And I stopped at two. I made them fit into my calorie allotment the way Robin would say you need to make sure they fit into your hunger allotment. Now, if the sugar leaves you dying for more sugar, as it can do, you have to learn to overrule that. And that's hard, believe me, I know. I am going to learn more about SF options for the future. I think I can often make do with those. SF chocolate chips in yogurt, stuff like that. Just because of the insulin spiking thing. IF it's a problem. I don't know if it will be.

I agree that the "numbers" of the scale are hard. But in the program I did years ago, they always told us that if you were losing, you had the numbers correct. If you are trying to maintain, and you're maintaining, you have the numbers correct. There are always fluctuations, but if you "eat like a naturally thin" person things automatically correct themselves.

I really think you should splurge on one Robin skype session. You will be so glad you did.

I hope it will work for me again.

Because, yes, the scale obsession is just too much to witness, let alone indulge in. I think I have a bit more obsessing in my future before I finally, hopefully relax into it.

Enjoy your daughter's visit!! Lucky you!!! My son is just a few miles away at USC, and I miss him so much. Now that he finally figured out how to use the laundry machines, he doesn't even bring home his dirty clothes.

OH!!! One more thing. I have discovered a GREAT thing to do for those evening "I need a sweet" after a savory dinner feelings. Find a tea you love. I was never a tea drinker. But man on man, Republic of Tea's Plantain Coconut Green tea with a dash of Chocolate stevia is heaven on earth. And I've got some other "desert" like flavors coming. It has opened up a whole new world for me.

xoxoxoxo

Last edited by buttah; 10-07-2012 at 10:36 AM..
Old 10-07-2012, 10:20 AM   #252
Major LCF Poster!

And speaking of scale, again, a barely moving one.

8/30 - 169.5 LOAD DAY 1
8/31 - ??? LOAD DAY 2
9/01 - VLCD1 172.8 +3.3 after loading
9/02 - VLCD2 169.5 -3.3 (lost all of loading)
9/03 - VLCD3 167.1 -2.4 (-5.7 from load w)
9/04 - VLCD4 165.8 -1.3 (-6 from load w, 3.7 from pre-load)
9/05 - VLCD5 165.1 -0.7 (-4.4 from pre-load)
9/06 - VLCD6 164.1 -1.0 (-5.4 from pre-load)
9/07 - VLCD7 164.0 -0.1 (-5.5 from pre-load) (injected 125iu)
9/08 - VLCD8 163.0 -1.0 (-6.5 from pre-load)
9/09 - VLCD9 163.? (can't remember, possibly up .4 or STS)
9/10 - VLCD10 163 (back to 150iu, better day hunger wise)
9/11 - VLCD11 162.8 -0.2
9/12 - VLCD12 161.4 -1.4 (SM tea helped)
9/13 - VLCD13 161.4 STS (predicted post-SM tea "stall")
9/14 - VLCD14 STS is my guess
9/15 - VLCD15 160.7 -0.7
9/16 - VLCD16 160.3 -0.4
9/17 - VLCD17 160.0
9/18 - VLCD18 160.0
9/19 - VLCD19 159.0
9/20 - VLCD20 159.3
9/21 - VLCD21 158.4
9/22 - VLCD22 STS
9/23 - VLCD23 STS
9/24 - VLCD24 STS
9/25 - VLCD25 STS
9/26 - VLCD26 157.7
9/27 - VLCD27 157.4
9/28 - VLCD28 157.2
9/29 - VLCD29 156.5
9/30 - VLCD30 156.6 (I call that STS)
10/1 - VLCD31 155.9
10/2 - VLCD32 STS with TOM staring today (good sign of things to come)!
10/3 - VLCD33 154.8
10/4 - VLCD34 154.9
10/5 - VLCD35 154.2
10/6 - VLCD36 154.6
10/7 - VLCD37 154.3

Just bopping around in the same 4 tenths of a pound. I know it will fall again, but I also know it's really slowing down. I did have a bit more protein yesterday, in the form of some LF cottage cheese (skipped both breads and one fruit, though, and stayed under 500 calories). I feel less weak, thanks to that. I almost wonder if eating a few more protein calories won't help rather than hurt me.

But I'm going to play it by hunger.
Old 10-07-2012, 04:33 PM   #253

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Buttah I just love reading this thread. You are something else. I am so confident in you reaching your goal and maintaining just where you want to be.

It is so true what you say about the vanity sizing and the shopping. But hey, just enjoy it for a while. And blow the expense. You are looking wonderful I am sure, and boy do you deserve it.

Back to the calorie 'gap' between UDs and DDs, I totally agree with YMMV. I know myself. And I happen to be someone who enjoys DDs mostly without any distress. That is me, and I am comfortable with that.

lBut you are looking forward to your 800 cal DDs in maintenance. Which is great, for you.
We are all different, thank heavens. I love my indulgent UDs, a couple of glasses of wine is the norm for me then, if not more. That is who I am. What I so love about JUDDD is that it works for all of us if we respect the rotations.

What an asset you are to these boards.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.
Kissa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:36 PM   #254
Major LCF Poster!

On the shopping topic I have to say I agree with you about how it's frustrating to have to keep buying new clothing as we lose but yet it's hard to really complain about "down-sizing".

As for vanity sizing, while I definitely feel great when I am able to wear a pair of size 8 jeans, but I really don't get bent out of shape if that same day I also buy a pair of 12s because every designer is different and it really doesn't matter THAT much what the size on the tag says, what matters is how good they look on you and how you feel right? I have size 10's that I can't get into and I have 8's that are a bit big. Like age, it's just a number!

I have always had trouble shopping, even in the times when I have been thin because i"m so tall and have big boobs. For years jeans shopping was impossible because they were ALWAYS so short. These days, jeans are made longer which is good, and I can also order online in "tall" etc but it's hard to find things that fit me well.

Even now that I'm at a good weight, I'm still limited in what I can wear. I am so jealous of people who can wear whatever they want. I have always been the person who goes into the dressing room with 30 things and walks out with maybe 1 or 2 b/c nothing works or fits.

My dream wardrobe would be AMAZING if I had the body for it. But I have to wear a bra so I can't do strapless or anything that will not allow for a full strap bra. Then with my height things are often so short, like dresses and skirts and stuff.

Anyway, I think that over time we learn what works for our bodies and what we can wear and look good in. I can look at a garment now and I'll know if it's something I should even bother to try on.

I've been struggling in my closet lately b/c all the things I bought after I lost a little weight (like 20lbs ago) is huge on me now. I also bought some things since then as I was losing and even some of those things are big. Luckily it wasn't anything terribly expensive, I've been buying cheap-ish stuff b/c I knew I'd be losing. Now that I'm about 5-10lbs from my goal I'm still scared to buy too much.

I've been shopping in my closet lately and finding things from years ago that I can wear but then I also have pulled out some things I wore back when I was this same weight and it doesn't fit. So clearly even though the scale says the same number, my body has changed.

Anyway, I say enjoy shopping. Get tops and jeans becuase you need things to wear NOW at your current weight. Even though they may end up big when you hit goal, you need to have things to wear today. So long as it's not breaking the bank, go for it! ENJOY IT!!!

Last edited by Reddy; 10-07-2012 at 05:39 PM..
Old 10-07-2012, 05:59 PM   #255
Major LCF Poster!

Cindy, you are so sweet and supportive!!! And I'm always saying how happy JUDDDers are to the HCGers. They simply don't believe me, for the most part. They claim that only the happy ones stick around. The point is LOOK HOW MANY stick around! And how calm they all are about scale fluctuations. Anyway, I am soooo glad you are here with me. xoxoxox

Reddy, from down here in huge-boobs-but-not-so-tall land, I can tell you it's equally impossible. Unlike my leggier and less vertically challenged friends, I cannot wear a lot of things without looking short and dumpy. I must have a bit of "fitting" or tailoring, particularly right under my boobs, where I'm quite small considering, down to my natural waist, or I can look like a beach ball with my short legs. But since I have the pregnancy kangaroo pouch hanging below my waist that HAS to be hidden, whatever comes in just below the bust has to go right back out again, enough, just below the waist.

So I totally know what you mean about it taking 57 million try-ons to find one winner.

And sorry, honey, I'm not going to feel sorry for you for being able to pull of stuff only a tall girl can.

I have to shorten EVERYTHING. And often once you do that, the proportions are off. I love pants that say "ankle" and often find petites that fit without shortening. Although at 5'4" I'm not quite short enough to be a true petite. Except in pants, because I'm long waisted.

But yes, it's SO MUCH MORE FUN NOW!!! And the pouch is even easier to hide. Can't wait to get that thing lopped off. I hate myself for waiting this long. But I don't want to hate myself anymore, so scratch that. I LOVE myself for doing it now. How's that?

As long as it doesn't break the bank? Ha!!!

I just wanted to add that I wish I could post pictures, but I just can't. The idea of someone I'm working with or for seeing my "weight loss" photos or hearing me talk about my "pouch" is way too hard to fathom. Perhaps if I cut off my head. Maybe I will figure out how to do that.

Last edited by buttah; 10-07-2012 at 06:27 PM..
Old 10-07-2012, 06:15 PM   #256
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by buttah View Post
But I don't want to hate myself anymore, so scratch that. I LOVE myself for doing it now. How's that?

As long as it doesn't break the bank? Ha!!!
That's AWESOME! No reason to say wish I did this sooner, just be glad you're doing it now!!!

I know you can't possibly feel bad for me for being tall... but there really IS such a thing as TOO tall. I can't wear heels or I tower over everyone. And when I"m overweight I just look like a Giant and it's not cute. I wish I was like 5'7. I'm closer to 5'11. Its too tall.

But I can imagine that having to tailor everything is a Pain, and it is expensive. Also can certainly alter the integrity of a garment which is never good.

You know I've seen you and I think you are Stunning. You look like you're in your 30's and it's amazing! I want to be you when I grow up.

Last edited by Reddy; 10-07-2012 at 06:24 PM..
Old 10-08-2012, 08:15 AM   #257
Major LCF Poster!

I'm so predictable, it's crazy. Lose a smidge, basically STS for sever days, then lose another smudge. Rinse, repeat. But couldn't I be losing this fast on Atkins and likely eating more food? I dunno - haven't tried it in years.

8/30 - 169.5 LOAD DAY 1
8/31 - ??? LOAD DAY 2
9/11 - VLCD11 162.8 -0.2
9/15 - VLCD15 160.7 -0.7
9/16 - VLCD16 160.3 -0.4
9/17 - VLCD17 160.0
9/18 - VLCD18 160.0
9/19 - VLCD19 159.0
9/20 - VLCD20 159.3
9/21 - VLCD21 158.4
9/22 - VLCD22 STS
9/23 - VLCD23 STS
9/24 - VLCD24 STS
9/25 - VLCD25 STS
9/26 - VLCD26 157.7
9/27 - VLCD27 157.4
9/28 - VLCD28 157.2
9/29 - VLCD29 156.5
10/1 - VLCD31 155.9
10/3 - VLCD33 154.8
10/4 - VLCD34 154.9
10/5 - VLCD35 154.2
10/6 - VLCD36 154.6
10/7 - VLCD37 154.3
10/8 - VLCD38 153.8

Okay, so confession: When I started HCG, I had secretly hoped to end in the 140's, given that I started injections (pre-load) at 169.5 and was giving it 43 days. Didn't seem unreasonable from all the numbers I'd seen here and elsewhere. But alas, with 5 days left, it is probably not to be. I'm trickling to losses under 2 lbs a week. Given my less-than-HCG-average rate of loss, this weight darn well better be easy enough to maintain, do you hear me, body?????
Old 10-08-2012, 01:43 PM   #258
Major LCF Poster!

Ack! Forgot my shot until just now, 1:43 pm! I MUST be ready to wind this thing down. I wonder if it will cause any issues.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:11 AM   #259
Major LCF Poster!

A hybrid of posts from P2 thread:

And so the world turns...

For the record, I've never cheated. I've also never gone over 500 calories. I've tried skipping fruit, no melba, upping protein (a teey bit), more veggies, less veggies, a bit more walking, less walking, clicking my heels together and saying "there's no place like home."

Doesn't matter what I do. My body's just kind of done. Woke up with a headache for the second day in a row. It almost seems impossible that HCG is forcing my body to burn stored fat at this point, because if it were, I'd be losing more, right?

Yet I'm not much hungrier, if at all.

This morning, I was so fed up I put half and half in my coffee for the first time in nearly 6 weeks. So there. I'm sure it won't do a thing, since nothing does.

Again, this better stay off, because it sure didn't fly off. Not in HCG terms, anyway.

8/30 - 169.5 LOAD DAY 1
8/31 - ??? LOAD DAY 2
9/11 - VLCD11 162.8 -0.2
9/15 - VLCD15 160.7 -0.7
9/16 - VLCD16 160.3 -0.4
9/17 - VLCD17 160.0
9/18 - VLCD18 160.0
9/19 - VLCD19 159.0
9/20 - VLCD20 159.3
9/21 - VLCD21 158.4
9/22 - VLCD22 STS
9/23 - VLCD23 STS
9/24 - VLCD24 STS
9/25 - VLCD25 STS
9/26 - VLCD26 157.7
9/27 - VLCD27 157.4
9/28 - VLCD28 157.2
9/29 - VLCD29 156.5
10/1 - VLCD31 155.9
10/3 - VLCD33 154.8
10/4 - VLCD34 154.9
10/5 - VLCD35 154.2
10/6 - VLCD36 154.6
10/7 - VLCD37 154.3
10/8 - VLCD38 153.8
10/9 - VLCD39 STS

Upcoming post you won't want to miss, in an attempt to reclaim my sense of humor:

"A Requiem For My Double Chin" Stay tuned...

Last edited by buttah; 10-09-2012 at 09:13 AM..
Old 10-09-2012, 10:29 AM   #260
Major LCF Poster!

You didn't ask for my opinion but I think you should call it. I think you're body is resisting letting go of lbs and is kind of done. I think it is afraid to release any more fat.

Have you talked to Robin? What does she make of it?

The introduction of fat COULD get things moving so maybe see what happens in the morning tomorrow and if you STS, I"d let today be your LID.

YOu're not feeling well, you're not losing, I think you need to move into the next phase.

I have no doubt AT ALL that you will maintain and keep it off and even be able to lose that last bit after you stabilize.

You have all the knowledge and tools to do so and you are more dedicated and determined than most.

I honestly think you should call it. Or at the very least start to ramp up the calories a bit, b/c sometimes as you probably know, the addition of fat and calories can jump start your metabolism.

I'm sorry this hasn't been as effective as you had hoped and more challenging than expected but you have KICKED ASS as far as I"m concerned!

Last edited by Reddy; 10-09-2012 at 10:30 AM..
Old 10-09-2012, 10:41 AM   #261
Major LCF Poster!

You may well be right, Reddy. But I've read that stabilization is easier after 43 day rounds. Although I'm pretty much there anyway.

I will have a bit more protein and fat on my last day of HCG (and the 2 with no injections), regardless. But my pattern has been to basically STS for 4-5 days, then head into a new "tens" number, for some time now. And even to get to something in the 152's would be worth it, if it happens.

I don't know. Will see how I feel. Saturday is my last injection no matter what, if not before. That's only 4 days.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:46 AM   #262
Major LCF Poster!

I suppose since you've held on this long, you may as well stick it out and finish up. At least that way you can't ever question or wonder if not sticking it out caused you any trouble or if you might have reached closer to goal etc.

Sat is really not far away! Hang in there.
Old 10-09-2012, 02:59 PM   #263

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
You are a sticker Buttah, that is who you are. And each lb is worth it.
Kissa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 03:02 PM   #264
Major LCF Poster!

Yep. I'm a sticka buttah.
Old 10-10-2012, 11:17 AM   #265
Major LCF Poster!

8/30 - 169.5 LOAD DAY 1
8/31 - ??? LOAD DAY 2
9/11 - VLCD11 162.8 -0.2
9/15 - VLCD15 160.7 -0.7
9/16 - VLCD16 160.3 -0.4
9/17 - VLCD17 160.0
9/18 - VLCD18 160.0
9/19 - VLCD19 159.0
9/20 - VLCD20 159.3
9/21 - VLCD21 158.4
9/22 - VLCD22 STS
9/23 - VLCD23 STS
9/24 - VLCD24 STS
9/25 - VLCD25 STS
9/26 - VLCD26 157.7
9/27 - VLCD27 157.4
9/28 - VLCD28 157.2
9/29 - VLCD29 156.5
10/1 - VLCD31 155.9
10/3 - VLCD33 154.8
10/4 - VLCD34 154.9
10/5 - VLCD35 154.2
10/6 - VLCD36 154.6
10/7 - VLCD37 154.3
10/8 - VLCD38 153.8
10/9 - VLCD39 STS
10/10- VLCD40 153.3

It's something. Put half and half in my coffee again, today. Don't think it matters (and I never did the 1 TBS of milk per Simeons). Actually it was a pretty good scale, considering I usually STS for more days. Oh, and I was still under 500 calories with the HNH yesterday, just for posterity recording.
Old 10-10-2012, 04:51 PM   #266
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: christyb
Stats: 282/256/??
WOE: starting over with HCG
What is your body monitor saying? Are you still losing fat or is it starting to be lean mass and water?
christyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:54 PM   #267
Major LCF Poster!

Well, the fat's still going down. It's around 34% now. Was around 40% when I started. Have obviously still lost some lean muscle, but that's normal at the size I was. And it's only a hand held, so not perfectly reliable. It doesn't give water.

How are you?!
Old 10-10-2012, 08:10 PM   #268
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: christyb
Stats: 282/256/??
WOE: starting over with HCG
I was just curious, thinking you may be getting immune. But if you're still losing fat keep it up!!

I'm doing ok. Struggling a bit, but not terribly. Most of it is a head battle, nothing else. My weight is pretty steady.
christyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:32 AM   #269
Major LCF Poster!

STS today, but for posterity:

8/30 - 169.5 LOAD DAY 1
8/31 - ??? LOAD DAY 2
9/11 - VLCD11 162.8 -0.2
9/15 - VLCD15 160.7 -0.7
9/16 - VLCD16 160.3 -0.4
9/17 - VLCD17 160.0
9/18 - VLCD18 160.0
9/19 - VLCD19 159.0
9/20 - VLCD20 159.3
9/21 - VLCD21 158.4
9/22 - VLCD22 STS
9/23 - VLCD23 STS
9/24 - VLCD24 STS
9/25 - VLCD25 STS
9/26 - VLCD26 157.7
9/27 - VLCD27 157.4
9/28 - VLCD28 157.2
9/29 - VLCD29 156.5
10/1 - VLCD31 155.9
10/3 - VLCD33 154.8
10/4 - VLCD34 154.9
10/5 - VLCD35 154.2
10/6 - VLCD36 154.6
10/7 - VLCD37 154.3
10/8 - VLCD38 153.8
10/9 - VLCD39 STS
10/10- VLCD40 153.3
10/11- VLCD41 153.3

Today is my 43rd injection day, technically the day I should stop, per Pounds & Inches (I think, anyway), but I have two more shots, so I'm going to use them. What's a couple more days? Maybe 152-something?

I think I'm about to ovulate again (how crazy is that - right on schedule, like I'm 35!), so here we go again with my body collecting fluids for a couple weeks. Just need to remember that. Which seems so hard for so many!
Old 10-12-2012, 07:33 AM   #270
Major LCF Poster!

8/30 - 169.5 LOAD DAY 1
8/31 - ??? LOAD DAY 2
9/11 - VLCD11 162.8 -0.2
9/14 - VLCD14 STS
9/15 - VLCD15 160.7 -0.7
9/16 - VLCD16 160.3 -0.4
9/17 - VLCD17 160.0 -0.3
9/18 - VLCD18 160.0
9/19 - VLCD19 159.0 -1.0
9/20 - VLCD20 159.3 -0.7
9/21 - VLCD21 158.4 -0.9
9/22 - VLCD22 STS
9/23 - VLCD23 STS
9/24 - VLCD24 STS
9/25 - VLCD25 STS
9/26 - VLCD26 157.7 -0.7
9/27 - VLCD27 157.4 -0.3
9/28 - VLCD28 157.2 -0.2
9/29 - VLCD29 156.5 -0.7
9/30 - VLCD30 STS
10/1 - VLCD31 155.9 -0.6
10/3 - VLCD33 154.8 -0.1
10/4 - VLCD34 154.9 +0.1
10/5 - VLCD35 154.2 -0.7
10/6 - VLCD36 154.6 -0.6
10/7 - VLCD37 154.3 -0.3
10/8 - VLCD38 153.8 -0.5
10/9 - VLCD39 STS
10/10- VLCD40 153.3 -0.5
10/11- VLCD41 153.3
10/12- VLCD42 152.9 -0.4

I think the HCG is beginning to wear off for me - getting hungry long before "meal time," especially between lunch and dinner, but also between dinner and bedtime.

With that in mind (or stomach) and knowing I'm just two days away from my last injection, yesterday I upped my protein a bit and again put half and half in my coffee (had only one fruit serving, no bread)... and, or the first time in this round, I went over 500 calories yesterday - came in at 575 due to some extra beef. Didn't seem to hurt anything.

Today and tomorrow are my last injections! It looks like I'll be finishing up at 152-something, about 17 lbs (not counting loading) in 43 VLC days. Certainly not as advertised, but I really did give it my all.

Last edited by buttah; 10-12-2012 at 07:35 AM..