Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Weight Loss Journals (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/weight-loss-journals/)
-   -   Annalissa's Quiet Little Goal Journal (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/weight-loss-journals/781988-annalissas-quiet-little-goal-journal.html)

Annalissa 08-29-2012 07:29 AM

Annalissa's Quiet Little Goal Journal

Hope it is okay to post here:heart:! Have been a LCF member for awhile. Love the site and would like to try a quiet little journal regarding my weight maintenance and goals. The maintenance part refers to the fact that I lost more than 100 pounds over a long period of time and have more or less kept it off for decades. I have a tendency to put weight on, take it off, etc., but have never regained much because I attack the regain pounds as soon as sanity returns to my brain lol. My current weight loss ticker refers to my recent, slow march back to what I have now designated my ideal weight of 125. I enjoy journaling and do it for myself so no worries that anyone has to come and support me here as I may only be able to get to the journal once a week, and here are my goals:

(August 26: Weight is 137.6, down .4 from 138)

September 30, September Challenge, 135 pounds
October 28, Halloween Challenge, 132
November 25, November Challenge, 129
December 30, December Challenge, First Sunday following Winter Solstice/Mayan Prophecy, 125 IDEAL WEIGHT

:jumpjoy:

Annalissa 09-02-2012 09:30 AM

Woot! GAINED a pound! This seems to happen every third week on this round of weight loss, so I am winning the war but losing a battle now and then, which is okay.

I am not discouraged. My September 30 goal is to be 135 pounds, so have 3.4 to go and 28 days to do it in, regardless of being a little disappointed with my weigh-in today.

Told the scale I'd have to fire it and replace it with a shiny new model if it didn't behave next Sunday!

Woot!

Annalissa 09-09-2012 10:03 AM

Brevity post as t'is a busy Sunday in Annalissa Land. The plucky diet lass Annalissa did have a maintain at 138.6 and to be honest she AM as happy as a CLAM, if a clam could be said to have emotions, probably it does not, but anyway ... Calories and exercise were good this week, just need a little tweek. Annalissa will have a loss when next at the scale she doth peek.

A maintain is nature's way of saying the bod is doing everything right for weight loss but resting a bit before it starts.

Annalissa 09-16-2012 10:19 AM

Okey dokey, this is the THIRD week of maintaining 138.6. I am actually always happy with a maintain but kind of wonder if the scale is broken! Woot!

S'ok. In the event that I do NOT make my goal of 135 on or by September 30, I will just continue on with the same goal schedule: 132 by or on October 28, 129 by or on November 25 and the IDEAL WEIGHT OF 125 by or on December 30!

Annalissa 09-23-2012 10:28 AM

Wootness! Down 1.6 and current weight is NOW (yay) 137, which is actually the lowest weight I've been at since last year! Huzzah! So happy!

Annalissa 09-30-2012 11:37 AM

Huzzah! Down 1.6. Also lost 2.5 overall inches, a half inch of which was from the waist.

Happy because this was my BIG SEPTEMBER GOAL WEIGH-IN with a target set for 135. Didn't quite make that but close enough to make me extremely chipper.

Beginning (as of October 1) my personal Halloween Challenge with goal date set at October 28, which is the Sunday before Halloween.

I only weigh once a week and Sunday is always the day, unless I change it for some reason.

Annalissa 10-07-2012 11:11 AM

Woot! Down 1.2! Third week of having a loss. Weight is now UNDER the September 30 goal! Current weight 134.6!

Lost .5 inch on waist, which is the important measurement for me regarding health.

Had fractional inch losses in other places, & a gain in chest, maintains in bicep & forearm, so muscle mass has not been depleted. Yay!

Annalissa 10-14-2012 10:19 AM

Have run out of creative, interesting things to say or colorful symbolic ways to describe the weight loss journey, but woot, have lost another .8 this week and huzzah am I HAPPY about it?

YES!

Right on schedule to reach 132 by October 28, which is the goal for the months.

Measurements are exactly the same as last week.

This is all kind of exciting as my exercise was fairly gentle AND I ate more carbs and more natural sugar this week AND slept a lot due to depression and sinus problems.

The only thing I focused on was calorie control and as most know about me, I do calorie cycle, so was up and down some on that but stayed within a good range.

Was hoping for a WHOLE POUND lol but happy as a clam with the result!

Huzzah!

Annalissa 10-21-2012 10:16 AM

Well, a series of NOT SO FORTUNATE EVENTS occurred in which Annalissa has gained 1.4 pounds this week lol.

Not really worried or unhappy about that, did well, increased exercise, calories a little up but not by much, so t'is just a blip on the radar. Happy with my weight but working towards a goal so we'll get 'em next time! Woot!

Annalissa 10-28-2012 10:34 AM

Hmmm, quick postie ...

I lost .2 from last week and am REALLY happy about that as t'was not my best week.

But it WAS my goal day to weigh 132 and I am three pounds off of that. So I have added another week to my schedule of goals to reach 125. Looks like this now:

November 25 Goal Date: Be at 130 pounds.

December 30 Goal Date: Be at 126 pounds.

And now, January 6 Goal Date: BE AT IDEAL WEIGHT OF 125.

Reserving option to look at that ideal weight again at that time, may want to go lower or higher.

Have a great day, all! :wave:

Annalissa 11-04-2012 09:48 AM

Woot! Lost a pound this week and am VERY happy!

'Nuff said!

Annalissa 11-17-2012 05:28 AM

Lost to 134, gained back to 135, ate a lot this past week and will update the ticker tomorrow, as I may have gained.

Annalissa 11-18-2012 09:31 AM

Well, changed the ticker and it APPEARS to be up .2 (not that anyone sees it lol) but actually it is down from last week. Lost .8 (expected another gain) and another 2.5 overall inches with .5 of those being from waist.

Rayne_W 11-18-2012 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Annalissa (Post 16085990)
Well, changed the ticker and it APPEARS to be up .2 (not that anyone sees it lol) but actually it is down from last week. Lost .8 (expected another gain) and another 2.5 overall inches with .5 of those being from waist.

Congrats! You're doing great! :)

Annalissa 11-23-2012 07:35 AM

Thank you Rayne! Woot!

Annalissa 11-23-2012 07:37 AM

Woot! Merry Holiday Elf Annalissa got to playin' 'round this morning with a new diet/fitness tracker she is going to use and some new scheduling she is planning career wise & looking at weight, the holidays and all that jazz AND quick as you can say, "Merry Christmas/Winter Solstice/Mayan Prophecy" she found herself lopin' on down to the Sacred Scale o' Dietary Justice with JUST Ms. Diet Claus along for company.

She DID declare then to the DIET UNIVERSE that the day of her weigh-in had OFFICIALLY CHANGED from Sunday to Friday and that all her target weight by date goals had also changed because she was BORED with them.

Ms. Diet Claus expressed no surprise 'cause Annalissa is a changeable elf and that's just the way it is!

So, anyway Annalissa did hop on the GOLDEN SCALE for the OFFICIAL weigh-in and LO joy was in the Land as she had MAINTAINED nicely since the previous Sunday!

End o' story ... ?

No.

Film. At. 11!

Merry Christmas to All!

Rayne_W 11-23-2012 09:13 AM

:laugh: Love it! And WTG on maintaining!

Annalissa 11-25-2012 08:45 AM

Thanks, Rayne! :shake:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rayne_W (Post 16095281)
:laugh: Love it! And WTG on maintaining!

Annalissa 11-25-2012 08:57 AM

Well, it was inevitable that the ever changeable but Sunday loving Annalissa would NOT be able to change her routine of doing an OFFICIAL WEIGH-IN on Sunday mornings so she did change the day back to Sunday and lost a pound.

End of story until next Sunday! Woot!

Annalissa 12-02-2012 08:10 AM

Could blather a bit about a lot o' things but THIS IS A DIET BLOG! Period! End o' discussion! Lol, was feeling kind o' crankly just now about a put down from a friend regarding how I focus too much on weight & fitness & scales.

Just the facts, world! I don't focus too much on those things! I weigh once a week and focus on the weight & fitness effort the rest of the week because it is important to me NOT to go on back up the scale by a hundred pounds again in this lifetime.

I did that ONCE in this life and it is NOT going to happen again.

You can take that to the bank.

But here's a fact for you, world: It DOES take a lot of constant monitoring, work, thought, focus, effort, etc., to maintain a major (or even a nonmajor) weight loss. If effort is not put into this maintenance, which INCLUDES BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO losing any regained pounds from time to time, for most people, the result is inevitable. The weight returns and has to be lost all over again and every time that happens, it is discouraging to the person experiencing it.

So I prefer to just keep working on the thing and not letting it come to that.

OKAY!

Just the facts, ma’am! From the Entity Known as Just Me, aka “I” or “Me!”

Gained .2 & delirious with happiness it was not more considering ...

It is remotely possible I will reach my goal early. I am at 133.4 & happy with it but goal is 125 on Jan 6, which will be a loss of 25 pounds since Jan 11, 2012.

I am going to speed this up in December.

It. Is. Manifest.

Film. At. 11.

Annalissa 12-08-2012 05:15 AM

Manifesto: There are 22 days to go to December 30! After that it is New Year’s Eve, kind of a holiday for rest & reflection. I am starting NOW to make this last bit of the interesting year 2012 the best they can possibly be before crossing the portal into the GLORIOUS YEAR 2013, a year where anything is possible, with no mistakes in it (yet)! Woot!

THE GOAL IS TO BE IN THE 120s by year’s end, which is functionally, December 30 because tha last day I will weigh in this year.

Annalissa 12-16-2012 09:19 AM

It is ALL about the weigh-ins now as I edge toward the 120s and the only goal is to GET TO 129.8 or less by the last Sunday of the year, which will put me IN THE 120s BY 2013 and that is the target.

IN THE EVENT I DO NOT REACH THIS TARGET, I WILL STILL BE HAPPY AND PROUD OF THE WORK THIS YEAR AS I STARTED 2012 WITH A HIGH IN JANUARY OF 150.

Annalissa 12-23-2012 09:16 AM

Hmmm, lost .6 this week, weight a happy to me 132.8, 1.5 overall inches lost, 1 inch of which was waist, 17.2 pounds down since my birthday 2012. Moving steadily toward the 120s. Woot!

Whether or not Queen Super Duper Chef o’ Cooking More at Home (that's ME) doth or doth not get her wish of reaching the 120s this year (unlikely, the chef queen’s bod just doth not work that way anymore), we are fine with it & moving forward into the glorious year 2013 with a fun & happy Super Duper Chef Queen Challenge.

This is the Super Duper Chef Queen’s pledge & she is already two days into it. Due to the toxic nature of her friendship with the evil entity known as RED VELVET CAKE, which is always popping up just when she is having a good diet day, Super Duper Chef Queen has BANNED RED VELVET CAKE IN ALL FORMS (this does include Red Velvet Cheesecake, sorry Chef) from Winter Solstice 2012 to Winter Solstice 2013. By then, Super Chef Queen feels, she will be able to handle a piece o’ if she still wants it!

Two days into this, no problem.

Annalissa 12-29-2012 12:58 AM

Moved next weigh-in to January 1.

Had a somewhat dysfunctional mental day so have been wide awake as just received the 8-Hour Diet by David Zinczenko and Peter Moore. There isn't anything really new in this book but it is an IF plan presented in an easy to do format for the IF challenged (me, sometimes my head is still messed up by how many self-styled "diet" gurus I've listened to in my life, online and off, but when I listen to myself and go with my own natural eating pattern preferences, I feel much better physically and emotionally).

I am going to incorporate an 8-hour window/16-hour fast more days during 2013. I still count calories, though, as I am perfectly capable at all times of eating a zillion calories in 5 minutes, I like to keep count.

BellaRose 12-30-2012 06:00 PM

Congrats

On all your weight loss. (100):jumpjoy:

You lost weight this year! Yea:up:

Good Luck and Hard Work in 2013.:hugs:

Happy New Year!:sing:

Annalissa 01-01-2013 09:01 AM

Thank you, Bella Rose! Hugs & Happy New Year!

Quote:

Originally Posted by BellaRose (Post 16161039)
On all your weight loss. (100):jumpjoy:

You lost weight this year! Yea:up:

Good Luck and Hard Work in 2013.:hugs:

Happy New Year!:sing:

Annalissa 01-01-2013 09:07 AM

The Verdict Is ...

That 2012 was a GREAT year for me on the healthy weight management & fitness front.

Verdict from today's baseline weigh-in, which replaced the usual Sunday one and was the first since December 23 (that one was kind of official and kind of unofficial lol):

Am UP one measly pound (who cares? lol) since December 23, lost 16.2 pounds overall since mid-January, making aging joints happy & my budget happy (clothes fit) and assuring that I AM maintaining my major weight loss of many years past though went a bit high in January last year!

Next holiday weight target goal will be themed for Valentine's Day and the weigh-in day for that will be February 10. I will set it up in more detail this coming Sunday, when my next official weigh-in returns.

Feeling QUITE smug with progress and know it will spill into other areas of life (career!!!). Happy New Year to MOI! :sing:

Annalissa 01-05-2013 07:02 AM

Lol, made some new year realizations this morning that I blather too much on diet forums about things other than weight so removed references to job hunting and how I FEEL about things other than weight management & exercise here 'n there about the internet.

As for blogging or sharing about career, I have realized I don't need to do that. It is what it is and I am where I am and I may mention work from time to time but what is important to me is that I am alive, alive-o, and have a beautiful, peaceful life, am queen/empress of said own life, have a glorious canine companion (always important to have a canine companion, in my opinion lol) and have this nice, little ol' lady wannabee bodybuilder hobby to reach the 120s again and (four more pounds or so) and to build & sustain healthy habits, muscle and a good quality of life.

I am grateful this clarity has come to me & have but one wish this Saturday morning and that is that the temperature rise some 'cause i really don't like being cold and I have to go buy food.

Calling all scale angels to help me through what could be a dicey weigh-in tomorrow as while I have good control of food & exercise, I kind of suspect I ate too much this week.

Annalissa 01-06-2013 09:30 AM

Everything's SORT of going my weigh, other than being up 1.2 pound. Never mind, a little more muscle is mixed in that, exceeded all exercise goals & feel strong. The calorie train will be heading back in the right direction in the coming week lol. Day 35, "Hope sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible." Helen Keller

Annalissa 01-13-2013 08:16 AM

Lol, now DOWN 1.2, and very happy with that!