Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2013, 07:14 AM   #31
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Annalissa
Woot! Had to hold the official weigh-in on Monday this week due to various factors.

Be that as it may, have to say, YAY (to myself)!!!

Despite challenges DID lose .6 and very happy with that!

Challenging self to stay at 1900 or less calories for 21 consecutive days with the emphasis on being at 1600 or less (1900 is for high days only and not desirable).
Annalissa is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-2013, 07:51 AM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

Wootness! Just to share that I am significantly feeling better today despite the second rainy day in a row and recent bout with the flu (EVEN IF I HAD A FLU SHOT!)

I lost 1.6 pounds on the Golden Scale this morning. I am now VERY CLOSE to reaching that Glorious Land o’ the 120s. I hope to be at 129.8 on or by February 10 and at 125 sometime soon after that.

It was NOT flu that did it, no dear universe! T'was that I worked really hard at calorie control and exercise, as well as proper rest and food choices.

This elevator is REALLY going DOWN to the 120s SOON!

My Little Journal: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...l#post15906591
Old 02-03-2013, 07:32 AM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Ah, the inevitability of it all!

Woot! Gained a pound but still happy with the weigh-in as had an extra excellent one last week so still am at a loss for the past two weeks! Like my weight where it is and will be happy when I get to exactly where I am going for the health factor but nobody said t'will be quick lol. So guess I can say, "Everything's going my WEIGH! YAY!"

My weight loss efforts and successes do improve my mood and are important to me but do not depend on one weigh-in up or down, it is the big picture that matters to me. But it DOES matter to me.
Old 02-07-2013, 06:12 AM   #34
Major LCF Poster!

Still don't have a convinced mind that modern wheat has a thing to do with weight, other than the possible effect of insulin and gluten, so putting aside THAT, what does have to do with weight, in my opinion, other than calories in/calories out (the main factor, IN MY OPINION), is how well and how happy I feel, because THAT does impact what and how much I eat and to a lesser degree how much extra movement and activity I factor into a day.

Anyhow, I am thinking of doing a no to low wheat experiment from February 10 (this coming Sunday) to the Vernal Equinox (March 20, which is three days after my St. Patrick's Day weigh-in on that March 17 Sunday). I do not know if St. Patrick ate wheat. I assume he did. I know he did NOT eat genetically modified modern dwarf wheat, that's for sure.

This is NOT a challenge where I start over if I eat wheat. I KNOW I am going to eat wheat if I go to lunch with someone next Tuesday as planned as I intend to eat pizza and intend to eat the crust. This is just an experiment. I've had little wheat for a few days and do feel a bit better, less inflammation or something. Likely a placebo effect. I honestly don't think it is about the gluten at all and I am not going to go gluten free.

It was pointed out to me by a kind friend that there is gluten in other things than wheat (barley & rye) and I also know there is cross contamination of products that should not have gluten but are processed in facilities that are not certified gluten free.

Anyhow, this is just an experiment.

This is not about carbs. I am not insulin resistant.

This is not about weight. I am not overweight, even though I am trying to weigh a little less for various reasons.

I just want to see if the popular hype about GMO wheat causing health problems may or (more likely) may not have any validity.

Besides any lust for bakery cake or a cookie or anything will abate if I am avoiding wheat.

Sure & begorra.
Old 02-08-2013, 06:39 AM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

Officially started 40 days and 40 nights of wheat free experiment today.
Old 02-10-2013, 07:52 AM   #36
Major LCF Poster!

Huzzah, woot! Queen/Empress Annalissa & all the fantasy diet companions in her wee little brain did march on down to the Sacred Grotto o' the Golden Scale this mornin' & did consult the Oracle o' the Golden Scale and it did say that the royal Anna, Goddess of the No Wheat Spring Science Experiment, HAD indeed lost .6 on the scale this week, putting her NOT EXACTLY IN THE 120s as she had planned to be on February 10, but STALKING THE 120s anyhow.

Almost there & verra happy. This doth not have to do with the wheat experiment as other than cutting out a WHOLE LOTTA JUNK FOOD THAT Anna LIKES TO OVEREAT (cake, donuts, etc.), it is not believed in Annalissa Land that the wheat has anything to do with weight. However, Anna continues feeling well wheatless & she marches on. This is the 38th day, counting backwards to the experimental end wheatless day. On that day, we in the Land will decide if we will continue wheatless, which is possible.

Woot! Pretty happy with the weight! This is NOT rapid weight loss but works for me!
Old 02-17-2013, 08:04 AM   #37
Major LCF Poster!

Gained .4 and calling that MAINTENANCE. In fact, although still moving forward in pursuit of the ever-so-elusive 120s, I am pretty happy with my weight and have decided that I am first, last and always in MAINTENANCE MODE FROM A MAJOR WEIGHT LOSS, 20 YEARS OR SO AND COUNTING (started losing weight before I even moved to this state, before diet sites, before FB, before the flood ... und so weiter).

So going to do the diet points app for a while and the double logging with another tracker and the wheat free and going to be working by summer (gosh willin' 'n the wash don't rise).

NOT going to be bothered by a stupid .4 of a pound right now lol.

IT. IS. MANIFEST.

IT. WILL. DEPART.

SOON.
Old 09-13-2013, 09:09 AM   #38
Major LCF Poster!

Long time since I posted in this journal and have achieved a stable maintenance range of 120-129. Today in honor of Friday the 13th, which I have always considered a lucky day and it has so far this morning proven that it IS a lucky day, I did an OFFICIAL weigh-in (mine have been on Sunday but I am changing to Friday for a while) and came in at 121.2.
When I reach 120 I will be changing the range to 120-125. Hoping that will be next week.

Have had some health challenges lately and the happiness of a stable weight has been wonderful for me.

Woot & huzzah!
Old 10-05-2013, 10:10 PM   #39
Major LCF Poster!

Hit 119.6 last week and set a new weight range of 118-123.
Old 10-06-2013, 08:44 AM   #40
Major LCF Poster!

Gained .6 to 120.2! Success as maintaining within range, plus this is a happy, healthy weight!
Old 10-06-2013, 12:45 PM   #41
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 35down
Stats: 209/156/135
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: April 1, 2013
Hello! Just finished reading through your journal. Hope you don't mind--I was looking for inspiration and motivation in the forum today and I found that and smiles in your journal!

Thanks!

Joni
35down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 07:28 AM   #42
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks, Joni! Sorry I didn't see this earlier, haven't been around much. Love visitors, thank you so much for the nice comment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35down View Post
Hello! Just finished reading through your journal. Hope you don't mind--I was looking for inspiration and motivation in the forum today and I found that and smiles in your journal!

Thanks!

Joni
Old 11-22-2013, 07:36 AM   #43
Major LCF Poster!

Both Goal & Maintenance

Haven't been around the site other than as a lurker for some time. Hope to update this journal more often.

Hope my new ticker meets the parameters allowed by the site, if not I will set up a new one, which I may do anyway at some point. It represents both my ongoing maintenance journey and a goal.

Having discerned for various reasons, including a medical scare this summer, that 117 is my HAPPY WEIGHT, the ticker represents my final little walk to that HAPPY NUMBER! Woot!

I at least want to remain below 120 and will not be upset if the ol' bod here actually goes lower than 117. Every little pound helps in getting my fitness level where it should be and taking weight off my joints, but I'm not seeking to get super skinny.

I am eating PLENTY and sooner or later the bod will settle at the healthy weight it should be as the wisdom of the body is greater than we know.

Anyway, I only weigh in once a week so will update the ticker on Sunday!

Old 11-23-2013, 07:13 AM   #44
Major LCF Poster!

Reached a little personal goal regarding waist measurement today; it is exactly where I want it to be and indicates how my health has improved losing a little extra weight beyond my original 120s goal, yet still doing resistance and cardio (walking faster and faster).

I do measurements on Saturdays so as not to get body size mixed up with scale weight in my own head. Both size and the number on the scale are important parameters to me in my weight and fitness maintenance journey, of which the waist measurement and the number on the scale are goals.
Old 11-24-2013, 08:39 AM   #45
Major LCF Poster!

Officially down .2 for my weekly weigh-in to 117.2. Pretty much the goal! Happy!
Old 11-28-2013, 01:39 PM   #46
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Having a fun day!
Old 12-01-2013, 07:42 PM   #47
Major LCF Poster!

Maintenance weigh-in today. Exactly the same as last week, which is just where I want to be.

Huzzah!
Old 12-07-2013, 07:57 AM   #48
Major LCF Poster!

Up .2 to 117.4!

I ignore the decimals so as far as I'm concerned I'm still at 117.

Weighed in on Saturday instead of Sunday due to busy day tomorrow.
Old 12-15-2013, 08:39 AM   #49
Major LCF Poster!

A maintain, exactly the same number as last week & since maintenance is the mode I am now in, I love it!
Old 12-22-2013, 11:47 AM   #50
Major LCF Poster!

Lost a pound on my official Sunday weigh-in today, now at 116.4 am below the target I aimed at, which is still 117. It is nice to have comfort room there, though, as I want to end the year there.
Old 12-28-2013, 09:54 AM   #51
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LowCarbedD
Stats: 169.2/140.8/149
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restart 8/13
great job!!!
LowCarbedD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 08:45 AM   #52
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks, LowCarbedD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowCarbedD View Post
great job!!!
Old 12-29-2013, 08:47 AM   #53
Major LCF Poster!

Exactly hit my favorite weight of 117 today, no pesky decimals. So that's the last official weigh-in of the year!

The next Sunday weigh-in is January 5 but am thinking of doing an extra one on the 1st also, to get a benchmark, not sure about that yet!
Old 01-01-2014, 08:43 AM   #54
Major LCF Poster!

Huzzah and Happy New Year to all!

To make a long story even shorter, I did an extra weigh-in (usually it's on Sunday) and was down .4 to 116.6. Since I was at 133.8 on January 1, 2013, I have lost 17.2 pounds in 2013.

I weighed much more two decades ago but have maintained a healthy weight for a long time. In the past few year, I have been working slowly to refine that down to sub 120 and that is my New Year's Resolution now, to maintain that.
Old 01-12-2014, 05:27 PM   #55
Major LCF Poster!

Hmmm, okay, did a Saturday weigh-in this week due to the scheduling, am down to 115.6!

This is a healthy BMI for me and am pleased as punch, to put it mildly.

Boring old-fashioned phrase, new-fashioned, definitely not boring event for me!
Old 01-12-2014, 05:50 PM   #56
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 35down
Stats: 209/156/135
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: April 1, 2013
Annalissa-2013: Quietly happy for you in reaching your goal! Best wishes for the New Year 2014!

Joni
35down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 07:47 AM   #57
Major LCF Poster!

Haven't visited my little journal for a while, not much to say here about the weight journey.

My current weight is 115.4 and am loving it.

My New Year's Resolution is to maintain in 2014 at the sub 120s level and everything is going well on that front.

Of course, I intend to maintain forever at sub 120, but the resolution just focuses on 2014.
Old 02-08-2014, 11:00 PM   #58
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you for the visit, 35down!
Old 02-16-2014, 09:43 AM   #59
Major LCF Poster!

Tried a quiet little experiment this week, eating very high on the hog, indeed. Wanted to see how much of a range I really have in this maintenance journey. Happy with a 1.8 pound gain to 117.8!

This is my 119th day of sub-120s maintenance.

Very proud of self lol.
Old 02-23-2014, 08:12 AM   #60
Major LCF Poster!

Was also a high-on-the-hog eating week but lost .4 to 117.4, which is just perfect. The goal really is see what level of fitness and eating works best on this maintenance quest.