Old 08-23-2012, 10:22 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Heiricka
Stats: 269/263/0
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 08/20/2012
Heiricka's Back To Atkins Journal

Hi everyone,

My name is Erica. I started Atkins back in 2008/2009 (somewhere around there) and fell off. I have numbers and proof that Atkins work. This time, I plan to adopt Atkins for life, focusing on lifestyle change, something permanent. I'm starting this journal as a tool for me to look back on, to vent when needed, for advice, and for help to anyone.

My fiance and I started Atkins Monday, August 20, 2012. He's doing it with me. I usually don't weigh myself too often and I said that when I started I would weigh myself once and again on Sunday. I think it's because I have a new digital scale that I keep weighing myself, moreso hoping that it is weighing me correctly. So I put random objects on the scale too. I weighed in Monday morning at 269, but about 15 minutes later (after a trip to the bathroom), I ended up weighing 266.4. As of today, I'm weighing in at 260.8. I always weigh myself in the mornings.

I am actually shocked that I'm losing so much. Then it dawned on me that it could indeed be water weight. At first I didn't want to continue on with induction after the first two weeks, but I have decided that I will because of the rapid weight loss. I know it's expected but I want to make sure so I don't get the Metabolic Resistance wrong. I've been busy ripping and running but haven't been exercising. I've been stressed because things aren't good with me and my fiance (all of my fault). So, I'll continue on with induction for an additional two weeks. Who knows, I may stay on it later. I know it's recommended that if you have lots of weight to lose it may be ideal, but I know me and my appetite and I'm afraid as before I'll get bored with the food choices and fall off.

I can't help to weigh myself everyday so I'll post numbers everyday or every other. I am excited about Atkins this time around because I know this time it's forever. It's almost like I don't have a choice. Being healthy shouldn't even be an option and that's how I treat it.

I am on Day 4 and for most days it's been my own made salads consisting of lettuce tomatoes and pickles with ranch dressing. I eat deli sliced meat and cheese for lunch. Dinner is open. Most mornings it's just bacon and eggs. I'm craving bacon with a little cream cheese so I better get some soon. Today, I'm experiencing a headache. Yesterday evening I started cravings for the wrong things but they weren't too bad. I've noticed that as long as I stick something healthy in my mouth when that happens, I'll be ok.

I'm not feeling lethargic but I do have a headache. My glucose (Type II diabetic) is doing great. I've halved my meds already. The only thing I need to do more of is drink, drink, drink more water. ~pausing to do that now~ Ok, I also need to start exercising. I live an hour from work so it's hard to squeeze in exercise but I've found wonderful online tools and youtube is a jewel. I also have the Walk Away The Pounds DVD. I'm going to go outside for a stroll today while I'm at work.

Anyway, geepers, I've said enough for now. I'm going to post my weigh-in stats below.

Monday, 8/20/2012 - 266.4
Tuesday, 8/21/2012 - 264.0
Wednesday, 8/22/2012 - 262.3
Thursday, 8/23/2012 - 260.8

Well, this is it for now. Peace and blessings!

Heiricka (Erica)
Heiricka is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-23-2012, 01:43 PM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heiricka View Post
Hi everyone,

My name is Erica. I started Atkins back in 2008/2009 (somewhere around there) and fell off. I have numbers and proof that Atkins work. This time, I plan to adopt Atkins for life, focusing on lifestyle change, something permanent. I'm starting this journal as a tool for me to look back on, to vent when needed, for advice, and for help to anyone.

My fiance and I started Atkins Monday, August 20, 2012. He's doing it with me. I usually don't weigh myself too often and I said that when I started I would weigh myself once and again on Sunday. I think it's because I have a new digital scale that I keep weighing myself, moreso hoping that it is weighing me correctly. So I put random objects on the scale too. I weighed in Monday morning at 269, but about 15 minutes later (after a trip to the bathroom), I ended up weighing 266.4. As of today, I'm weighing in at 260.8. I always weigh myself in the mornings.

I am actually shocked that I'm losing so much. Then it dawned on me that it could indeed be water weight. At first I didn't want to continue on with induction after the first two weeks, but I have decided that I will because of the rapid weight loss. I know it's expected but I want to make sure so I don't get the Metabolic Resistance wrong. I've been busy ripping and running but haven't been exercising. I've been stressed because things aren't good with me and my fiance (all of my fault). So, I'll continue on with induction for an additional two weeks. Who knows, I may stay on it later. I know it's recommended that if you have lots of weight to lose it may be ideal, but I know me and my appetite and I'm afraid as before I'll get bored with the food choices and fall off.

I can't help to weigh myself everyday so I'll post numbers everyday or every other. I am excited about Atkins this time around because I know this time it's forever. It's almost like I don't have a choice. Being healthy shouldn't even be an option and that's how I treat it.

I am on Day 4 and for most days it's been my own made salads consisting of lettuce tomatoes and pickles with ranch dressing. I eat deli sliced meat and cheese for lunch. Dinner is open. Most mornings it's just bacon and eggs. I'm craving bacon with a little cream cheese so I better get some soon. Today, I'm experiencing a headache. Yesterday evening I started cravings for the wrong things but they weren't too bad. I've noticed that as long as I stick something healthy in my mouth when that happens, I'll be ok.

I'm not feeling lethargic but I do have a headache. My glucose (Type II diabetic) is doing great. I've halved my meds already. The only thing I need to do more of is drink, drink, drink more water. ~pausing to do that now~ Ok, I also need to start exercising. I live an hour from work so it's hard to squeeze in exercise but I've found wonderful online tools and youtube is a jewel. I also have the Walk Away The Pounds DVD. I'm going to go outside for a stroll today while I'm at work.

Anyway, geepers, I've said enough for now. I'm going to post my weigh-in stats below.

Monday, 8/20/2012 - 266.4
Tuesday, 8/21/2012 - 264.0
Wednesday, 8/22/2012 - 262.3
Thursday, 8/23/2012 - 260.8

Well, this is it for now. Peace and blessings!

Heiricka (Erica)
Erica... looks like your onto a great start!!.. Good to have your hubs on board as well!!.. I wanted to wish you the best.. say.. stay strong and remember.. Sugar is the Devil.....

I'll check in later ..
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 03:34 AM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
WOE: Low Carb
MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 11:49 AM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Hi Magie and Monet, thank you both for the welcome!

Not doing so good; however, I have been sticking to the eating plan and not diverting from induction. I think some foods are triggering me not to lose but gain. Thursday night I had beef with onion and bell peppers with velveeta cheese/broccoli and cabbage. Thursday morning I was 260.8, but Friday morning I weighed in at 262. I realized that I need to leave Velveeta alone. That pre-packaged shredded cheese thing is no good either due to what they dust it with to keep it from clumping.

I have an obsession with food. I find myself wanting to binge. From reading Chapter 4, I'm a Group B-er. Chapter 5 gave me a great revelation about glucose. I love the information in the book that explains lipolysis. I'm going to replace my HCTZ with L-Taurine. I love natural remedies.

Saturday, I weighed in at 261.6. I'm thinking I need to calm down with the onion too though. The one thing I realize that I need to be doing and not doing is exercising. I know that's a big problem. I mentioned before that I need to start and as of today (Monday), have not.

I didn't weigh myself Sunday until about 4 p.m. and I was at 264. I didn't get too upset because I didn't weigh myself first thing like I usually do. Today however, I weighed myself this morning at 262.2. Totally upset? Actually no. TOM just came in town this morning and I am feeling oh so bloated. Hopefully in a few days the bloat will be gone and there will be wonderful weight loss to report. It probably wasn't a good idea to weigh myself everyday but I'm so excited I just couldn't help it.

I have fallen for salads as I have learned to make them the way I like them, which is basically just lettuce, tomato, cucumber, pickles, and a little ranch.
I have found a great way to cook my cabbage meatless and I am too thrilled. I have started becoming creative, but it helps to have recipes.
Old 08-27-2012, 12:20 PM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Caffeine

I wanted to also mention that I noticed in the Atkins book it stated no caffeine, but I have unfortunately been drinking coffee and have drunk 1 diet cola. The caffeine doesn't seem to affect my weight loss (as it didn't the first time I did Atkins). My question to anyone is, is caffeine permitted if it doesn't cause stalls?
Old 08-29-2012, 06:24 AM   #6
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heiricka View Post
I wanted to also mention that I noticed in the Atkins book it stated no caffeine, but I have unfortunately been drinking coffee and have drunk 1 diet cola. The caffeine doesn't seem to affect my weight loss (as it didn't the first time I did Atkins). My question to anyone is, is caffeine permitted if it doesn't cause stalls?
I think as long as its not causing you to crave other non low carb things, its ok.... as long as your putting the right stuff in it..

I feel the same about cheese.. the weeks I don't have a lot of any, I lose good.. if I have it a lot.. I don't..:/ so sad..lol.. so I try to pick and chose the cheeses and when I have them.. like.. maybe on weigh in day.. as a lil splurg..lol.. then you have all week to watch them real close..... but then other times.. I just don't think about it till I weigh in .. then I run my menus over and over in my head and realize.. darn it.. Ive had to much cheese..

I've never thought of onions being a stall.. .. I'll watch that now to.. thanks

It's been a while since I have read the book.. maybe I need to dust it off again..

you have a great day!!!
★ℒℴѵℯ ℒℴѵℯ★ℒℴѵℯ ℒℴѵℯ★ℒℴѵℯ ℒℴѵℯ★ℒℴѵℯ★
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 02:51 PM   #7
Junior LCF Member

I evaluated what I had that night and determined that the onion and the cheese were causing me to have stalls. Or, it could just be that darned digi-scale. I think I'm doing to go look for a good dial scale. I hate digital scales but thought it was a good deal. It fluctuates so much.

I've decided to move up the rungs in the OWL but keep my carbs no greater than 25 to 30 grams. This week is the nuts if I'm not mistaken. I gotta move up. I'm hoping I will still lose but if I don't I'll have to drop back to induction. I started Monday morning off weighing 257. I did ok. I did not do not one lick of exercising which sucks. I'm going to take it one week at a time and this time no weighing everyday or at least until I get my dial scale. It helps me see what foods are doing what or if I'm good.

My fiance' has been so supportive. Oh my goodness he is just so wonderful. He's doing Atkins with me to the T. Since we started moving up the rungs,