LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2012, 07:59 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: EmBee
Stats: 262/231.4/130
WOE: VLCD hHCG
Start Date: May 2012
EmBee's Journey

Okay I am going to do this, It may take a few days to get up the story as I am soooo busy.
EmBee is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-2012, 12:47 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Successful creation

Okay this may have NOTHING to do with my journey, but I have successful created a yummmy and healthy and sugar free chocolate chip cookie ...Pretty good / pain free day today. I will update my blog tonight with pictures of the yummies tonight.
Old 08-24-2012, 06:30 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Well the weigh in today was uneventful, which I guess is probably good. I am maintaining weight and measurements. I guess this is NOT a problem seeing I am still recovering. PTL no gain! Today's weight was 228.4 (which is annoying because yesterday was 226) probably just fluid retention. Time to keep the water up. Debating on starting another hHCG round, but right now I need to just get totally back on my feet. The weight is the lowest in around 8 years so that is positive. Getting under the 200 mark is my next big goal.
Old 08-25-2012, 10:33 AM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
You will get under 200, I just know it! KUTGW~
MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 11:23 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagieDen View Post
You will get under 200, I just know it! KUTGW~
Thanks!!! And you will make that Christmas Eve goal ! I am just ready to get back on my feet and back to exercise classes. I never dreamed that a small "ache" (kidney infection)in my back would be such a pest. But I am taking things into HIS hands and full steam ahead!
Old 08-25-2012, 04:29 PM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Did you do a long round of Hcg when you developed your kidney infection? I remember my kidneys aching(my upper back would ache a little) somewhat and I did a 40-45 day round. I didn't develope a problem but wondered how long you did the round? I pray you start to feeling better so you can get back to your exercising. What kind of exercise are you missing?

Last edited by MagieDen; 08-25-2012 at 04:30 PM..
Old 08-25-2012, 05:10 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Did you do a long round of Hcg when you developed your kidney infection? I remember my kidneys aching(my upper back would ache a little) somewhat and I did a 40-45 day round. I didn't develope a problem but wondered how long you did the round? I pray you start to feeling better so you can get back to your exercising. What kind of exercise are you missing?

Yes I did a very LONG round about 60 days. At the end I noticed an achy feeling in my left kidney area (thought maybe I had strained a muscle during a workout) I decided to pop into P3 and see if it would go away.. NOPE, so I ended up in the doctors office (the last week we had insurance due to a job change) They found infection so they put me on Cephalexin and said take it easy. After about 4 days on the antibiotic / no improvement and I started running a fever so the beginning of the next week they called in a new antibiotic Cipro (that is the DEVIL) after three days on that antibiotic I developed a stiff neck, leg aches and all over bleh...the fourth day the dull ached turned into severe pain. Hello ER thinking it was kidney stones (now with NO insurance). They found NOTHING... morphine only took the pain to half , CT scan nada. That night it came to me (I Know it had to be from heaven) I was having a reaction to the Cipro!!! (I didn't realize people are on disability because of this antibiotic)... I took myself right off and started pouring in the nutrients...Magnesium in particular because the Cipro steals it from your bones. So I have taken the muscle relaxer for the spasms in the kidney area and Vicodin for pain (only as I need). I took a UTI test and it still showed infection ...so I am giving it a few days and started with Oil of Oregano and Cranberry supplement! The stiff neck is finally gone, joints no longer hurt, but still an aching in the kidney zone with occasional grabbing ( like a calf cramp times ten) Believing there is nothing but improvement on the horizon.

I LOVE doing Aqua Zumba, Deep Water Fitness, Body Scupt class and the gym. I recently have learned to enjoy pre Yoga like stretch and Body flow which is like Tai chi, Yoga and pilates mixed! So I am ancy to get back to it!!!

I probably will not do any more HCG I am just not sure if that is what spurred on the Kidney thing or not. But I have read some information that indicates it could be harmful :/. I will supplement CLA and Rhodiola and watch the carbs and calories .
Old 08-26-2012, 04:43 AM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wow, so sorry about the kidney problem sounds very serious and I don't blame you at all not to give the Hhcg Protocol another go. I tried last year the diet and had a UTI but this past year I prepared alot for it and made sure my carbs were low and I also use a Cranberry Tablet Supplement so didn't know if this helped but no UTI. I am going to do another round at Christmas and maybe another in the Summer but after that I am done with the Protcol and working at my weight in another way. I am Diabetic and always have to LC so whatever I do it will always be that. I try to realistic to my life and at times I am not always eating everything LC so we shall see how I fair. Hcg is not something I want to continue to do and I have seen many go back to it time and time again and I think it can be a slippery slope for some. I want to get Healthy and make lifetime changes and not keep running back to something like the Protocol just because I have no self control. I think for your health it is best to find something else that does just as well but at a different pace, the protocol takes inches and weight off fast but we need time to heal our bodies. The exercise sounds awesome and wished my gym offered Aqua Zumba, how does one do this in the water? I do Zumba, Water Aerobics, Swim Laps and Walk and it as well. I pray that healing is faster and you can get back to your exercise because I know when I don't do it I truly miss it.

Have a fantastic Sunday!

Old 08-26-2012, 05:00 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Wow, so sorry about the kidney problem sounds very serious and I don't blame you at all not to give the Hhcg Protocol another go. I tried last year the diet and had a UTI but this past year I prepared alot for it and made sure my carbs were low and I also use a Cranberry Tablet Supplement so didn't know if this helped but no UTI. I am going to do another round at Christmas and maybe another in the Summer but after that I am done with the Protcol and working at my weight in another way. I am Diabetic and always have to LC so whatever I do it will always be that. I try to realistic to my life and at times I am not always eating everything LC so we shall see how I fair. Hcg is not something I want to continue to do and I have seen many go back to it time and time again and I think it can be a slippery slope for some. I want to get Healthy and make lifetime changes and not keep running back to something like the Protocol just because I have no self control. I think for your health it is best to find something else that does just as well but at a different pace, the protocol takes inches and weight off fast but we need time to heal our bodies. The exercise sounds awesome and wished my gym offered Aqua Zumba, how does one do this in the water? I do Zumba, Water Aerobics, Swim Laps and Walk and it as well. I pray that healing is faster and you can get back to your exercise because I know when I don't do it I truly miss it.

Have a fantastic Sunday!

Thanks it was a wonderful day!!! Aqua Zumba is just like regular Zumba but in the water, it really works your arms more that Land Zumba!!! I LOVE IT! Plus there is more movement since no one can see what you are doing...hahahah
Old 08-26-2012, 05:23 PM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I use 2 lb. weights when I do Zumba instead of the Zumba sticks and I can get a good upper body workout everytime. My water aerobics class is an hour and she has us moving all over so it might be the same as water Zumba. Enjoy your exercise!
Old 09-10-2012, 07:49 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Happy to Report I am BETTER!!! God is awesome!!! I know I can trust him. I feel energized enough and motivated enough to start another round of hHCG! I just finished day one of loading...ug I always feel ucky when loading. Goal is to reach the 200 mark or under during this next 30-40 day round. Hit P3 mid Oct to Nov 1 and maintain weight until the new year. I can do this!!
Old 09-11-2012, 05:23 AM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good to hear that you are feeling better. Here to cheer you on to your goal of 200 or under, say maybe ONEderland!

Philippians 4:13
Old 09-11-2012, 08:01 AM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Good to hear that you are feeling better. Here to cheer you on to your goal of 200 or under, say maybe ONEderland!

Philippians 4:13
Thanks Magie ...I am trying to be cautiously optimistic...LOL. I am so ready to start protocol tomorrow. I always feel like this after loading...LOL
Old 09-11-2012, 08:07 AM   #14
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yea, I always THINK I will the loading food only to find I can't wait to get the VLCD time going. I am in maintenance at the moment and plan on working on getting some poundage off before the end of the year. I plan on loading Christmas day and completing a round before my 51st birthday which in at the end of January. I knew you just wanted to know all this. Have a good day!
Old 09-11-2012, 08:37 AM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Yea, I always THINK I will the loading food only to find I can't wait to get the VLCD time going. I am in maintenance at the moment and plan on working on getting some poundage off before the end of the year. I plan on loading Christmas day and completing a round before my 51st birthday which in at the end of January. I knew you just wanted to know all this. Have a good day!
Loading on Christmas DAY!!! What a brilliant idea!!! I may just join you on that one
Old 09-11-2012, 08:48 AM   #16
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That honestly would be great! Hubby may or may not be joining me then also. We have a 25th Anniversary coming up on Feb. 12th so I want to enjoy it being somewhat healthier and lighter. He is actually doing a round right now and is down 11.4 lbs in 7 days so I am proud of him. I am glad I am just monitoring him with this round to see if he would even stick with it and he is so I think the round we do together may just work out after all. My LDW was 175.6 lbs. and I am completing day 21 today of P3 and I am up somwehat to 176.4 but not worried about it. Maintenance I think is the hardest part for me but I am learning so it is all good. Next month I will work on getting some off for my goal of 160 lbs. by Christmas day, THIS will be a real test for me to stay the course so prayers are in order.
Old 09-14-2012, 11:23 AM   #17
Senior LCF Member

All Load weight is gone

So yay the scale shows all the load weight gone today (day 2)... (okay except for the .2) I am pretty happy. I have still been taking my Flax during the day and a dose of honey at night (supposed to repair the adrenals and help restore your body during sleep) and so far it has NOT affected my losses, so we will see. Spent the day making up a big batch of mostly on plan chili (did add one cup of corn to the triple batch) but corn doesn't normally affect me. Time to get the next chunk of weight off that is for sure. Aqua Zumba and stretch (pre Yoga) have been my workout choices of late. AZ still ranks no. one on my list. So today the new number is 228.2 (this is a looooong way from my original starting point of 262 / 267 was my heaviest ever). Happy Friday!!

My Chili recipe (taken mostly from my protocol book) Triple batch

1.5 pounds ground turkey
1.5 lean ground beef
2 onions (carmelized and then added)
4 cups Zucchini shredded (this was frozen from summer harvest)
1 cup campari tomatoes
3 cans rotel (2 spicy one mild)
1/2 pkg taco seasoning
chili powder
spark plug sauce (no sugar)
coconut vinegar
cayenne pepper...
1 cup corn

simmmer simmmer simmmer
Old 09-15-2012, 07:02 AM   #18
Senior LCF Member

New Territory

Excited to be in new territory!!! A two pound loss now puts me down to 226. My lowest in YEARS!!! I briefly hit 218 about 10 yrs ago. I am really happy. Of course I do the hHCG diet a bit on the rogue side, but it works for me ... Yesterday was a fine example. Egg (cooked in a touch of coconut oil) and 1/2 piece toast (about 45 cal bread) I like the whole grain stuff (Ezekiel / flax etc) without high fructose corn syrup. the plan I am on (Stockwell) Does allow for an egg and 45 cal bread at breakfast. Then at lunch I did chicken thighs (5 oz) and YES the skin ...yummmy ( I know I am weird) with 1/2 cup butternut squash and raspberries. Supper was my homemade chili (1.5 cups) on top of my 3 handfuls of salad with about 1.5 Tbsps of FULL fat greek yogurt. I forgot the evening fruit and frankly I didn't really need it. I have still continued with the TBSP of raw local honey in the evening ...so many benefits that I really wanted to see if I could continue to do it and still lose, so far so good!!!! So the two pound loss this morning was exciting!!!!!!! Now off to experiement with some coconut pumpkin spice Ice cream ( I have some Vegan friends visiting, thought I would make a new treat) Happy Day everyone!!
Old 09-16-2012, 06:28 AM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Only a .2 pound loss this morning, but I KNOW why hahaha. Better than a gain which is what I thought when I first got on the scale (226.6) but then I got back on twice and it came up with 225.8 YAY, I'll take it. Popcorn at the play last night AND the sugar free vegan Ice cream did the slowdown a bit. But you know I think these "Acceptable" (lesser evil) "Cheats" help keep me on the plan. Happy Sunday everyone!
Old 09-17-2012, 02:05 PM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Down another 1.2 pounds today...I am so excited!!! Getting closer to a new decade. I can almost taste it. ( Hit 224.6 today) Love that I am on a plan that works even with a bit of my rogue-ish ways hahaha. Today I am eating a few more calories, planning for the big workout (Aqua Zumba) tonight.
Old 09-19-2012, 07:58 AM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Well woke up to another one pound loss this morning an THAT is after cheating abit with my "homemade pumpkin coconut milk" Ice cream (see my Blog, follow link) So I am now down to 223.6 ....223.6 YAYYAYAYAYA ...so close to my new decade I am excited!!!

So what DID I eat yesterday
Breakfast was one egg and 1/2 piece pepperidge farms flax and fiber bread

Lunch
chicken breast with some ham wrapped around it (= 5oz after cooked) for a fake cordon Bleu
1 cup of buttenut squash
2/3 cup blueberries

Supper
HCG Chili (recipe below)
on top of my 3 LARGE handfuls of salad with
cheddar cheese and tbsp of sour cream
1 Tbsp of the Raw Blackberry honey my hubs brough home (interesting)

10PM eating frenzy ...THE ICE CREAM...YUMMMMY
BEDTime my TBSP of honey

I have continued to do the Honey at night (google benefits of honey at night) and it has NOT affected my losses....YIPPEE SKIPPEEEE!!!!! So at this point I will continue to do so (in fact that would have been 2 TBSP in one day)
Old 09-20-2012, 05:38 PM   #22
Senior LCF Member

Visitor

Well ...the scale showed up .6 I'm guess TOM OR the broccoli I decided to give a go. Hopefully tomorrow will be better, Its weigh in day! I have been totally running around today and my food choices have not been stellar so I am hoping they wont come back to bite me in the behind. It was a workout morning so I always stock up pretty good, because well, we work HARD!!! .. So breakfast was 2 eggs, toast and a couple bites of the coconut mousse. Then lunch was okay chicken (5 oz) Blueberries and eggplant...My mom made the egg plant and I love how she does it, but well that means a small amount of breading on the eggplant fried in coconut oil (I do okay with the CO)...Supper, I really wasn't hungry, I thought I was going to be so whipped up a strawberry protein shake only to discover after a couple bites of coconut mousse and a bite of the strawberry shake and 3 eggplant slices. I put the shake in the freezer (now it will be strawberry ice cream hahahaha).

Workout, sewing a costume for my daughter, visiting with my best friend, doing some more errands and now headed to pick up my older daughter it was an awesome day !! YAWN I'm ready to crash!
Old 09-21-2012, 06:25 AM   #23
Senior LCF Member

AND ITS DOWN

223.2!!!! YAY down 5 pounds this week and inch loss....
Old 09-21-2012, 06:28 AM   #24
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmBee View Post
223.2!!!! YAY down 5 pounds this week and inch loss....
Whooo Hooo Way to go!!!! Keep up the good work!
Old 09-21-2012, 07:50 AM   #25
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Whooo Hooo Way to go!!!! Keep up the good work!
thanks Magie!! Love the photo in your signature! GOD BLESS HIM and all he does to serve our country!.... (feeling very patriotic and extremely annoyed at the audacity of certain leaders to monkey with our patriotism..sorry)
Old 09-23-2012, 07:45 AM   #26
Senior LCF Member

Too many parties this weekend...can you say FAT FAST!!!
Old 09-23-2012, 11:00 AM   #27
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Fat Fast!
Old 09-23-2012, 02:43 PM   #28
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Fat Fast!
hahahahahaha!
Old 09-25-2012, 06:18 PM   #29
Senior LCF Member

Regaining Lost Ground

Well I am regaining lost ground...the scale was back down to 225 after the huge jump after the "party" weekend and TOM. I am determined to be down the 25 pounds before the holidays. Today was protein shake made with coconut milk, Veggie soup and turkey salad with tomatoes and pickles. I did make a yummy coffee. I put the pumpkin pie spice in the bottom of the mug before running the coffee in and then coconut milk and stevia...ummmm. The challenge has been that the kids have fair projects that involve cookies, cake and frosting...UMMMMM TEMPTATION! Of course I didn't sleep well last night at all which doesn't help with losing weight... I jumped up and went and went to SSTREETCH! this morning, Wow do I feel it, but my body loves exercise and when I don't I feel bad. I really want to attempt a YOGA class and start back doing weights soon, but I want to play it smart . Excited that the hHCG patches will be here soon. So when the drops are done I am going to give them a go. Okay I might just call it an early night tonight...YAWN
Old 09-26-2012, 05:40 AM   #30
Senior LCF Member

Okay back down to 224.4 almost there....Note to self think hard before partying Clean eating should get me back down by Friday.