LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2012, 05:32 AM   #91
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Doggygirl
Stats: 204/183.8/152
WOE: A72
Start Date: This time: 7/23/14
168, FBG 119, K .3

Well, my experimentations of the weekend have solidified some very important facts for me:

1) It really does take at least 3 days to recover from sugarcarbies. And actually, my fasting BG is still high - that takes more than 3 days to come down. Same for ketones. Takes more than 3 days for me to recover.
2) My body can no longer tolerate sugarcarbies. If I want to have normal blood sugar readings the time is NOW to consistently eat low carb. Period.

Today:
Weight 168
FBG 119 (high for me!)
Blood ketones: .3
Yesterday food:
Cals 1826
fat: 162g
Carb: 21g (13net)
Pro: 81g

Tonight is school but I've gotten through that fine the last two weeks, so will be implementing the exact same plan & menu. I have a presentation tonight and I'm a little nervous. But I'm glad I volunteerd along with another girl to go on the first night of presentations. I'm sure the grading will get tougher as the weeks go by and other students have more to go on than we did!

DG

Mini Goals:
#1: Weight 184
#2: Weight 179
#3: Weight 174
#4: Weight 169 (normal BMI)
#5: Weight 164
#6: Weight 159
#7: Weight 154

Last edited by Doggygirl; 09-05-2012 at 05:40 AM..
Doggygirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-05-2012, 06:59 PM   #92
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/138.6/?
WOE: lc
Hi DG
Hope your presentation went well! Thanks for all your thoughts and advice! I had another bad day. I need to figure out a way to kill this urge for carbs,or at least figure out why I give in so often. Maybe I should try meat and eggs or something different??

Hope you had a great day! Talk to you tomorrow.

Last edited by jeaniem; 09-05-2012 at 07:00 PM..
jeaniem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 05:12 AM   #93
Major LCF Poster!

167.8, FBG 109, Ketones .4

Fasting blood sugar and scale weight are coming down, ketones are slowly going up. What is amazing to me still is how many days it really takes me to recover from sugarcarbies. My blood sugar cannot afford days worth of damage for an afternoon fling, that's for sure. This is strong motivation.

Yesterday:
Cals 2229
Fat 202
Carb 38 (24 net)
Pro 73
K/R 2.14

My priority right now is to monitor my BG, stay low carb, try to keep my K/R ratio over 2 (target for ketosis). Weight loss goals are secondary. I'm not worrying about volume of food right now. Whatever it takes to keep me out of the sugarcarbies.

Last night my presentation went fine. I get nervous though, of course! (everyone does it seems!) I should have brought a little more food from home but got a couple of bags of nuts which is fine. Pushed my carbs and fiber and cals up a bit but that's OK. That was the right choice in the situation. I was not even tempted to say "well I've blown my plan now so I'll eat ____________ (fill in the sugarcarby) and start over tomorrow." My BG doesn't start over tomorrow any more than I do. What a lie in my head that one is!

I have a busy day today. I'm the volunteer coordinator for an event on Saturday and have lots of last minute stuff to do. I'm actually in class Saturday morning but one of my friends is going to check in the volunteers at the event and I'll get there around lunch time. It will all work out I'm sure!

Need to get some homework done between the madness. I have to come up with an ethical dilemma to present in my other Wednesday class next week. I'm glad to be pushing myself to ge these presentations out of the way early in the semester!

It's gonna be a LC day here today. How 'bout it Jeanie!! Do you give yourself permission to eat as much LC stuff as you want just to get through the carb withdrawals? (cheese, nuts, etc.)

DG
Old 09-06-2012, 05:39 AM   #94
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: portcop01
Stats: 197-148-130
WOE: Lc
Start Date: July 15
Good morning!doggygirl!!sounds like you are on the right track! I to just can't have any more of those sugar attack! They set me back plus I feel bad!!i did good yesterday,except my protein was a little to high.i ate to many pork rinds,but that was ok I was tring to get back in keytois .and I did pretty dark this morning.and I have went from 186 to 183 since Monday?
Jeaniem.....I did the meat and eggs for 6 mo.i really lost a lot of weight.went from a 18 to 6 but I lost my hair,and I could not stay on it forever.i really think Atkins 72 is the best way to go..
portcop01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 02:18 PM   #95
Big Yapper!!!!

It's gonna be a LC day here today. How 'bout it Jeanie!! Do you give yourself permission to eat as much LC stuff as you want just to get through the carb withdrawals? (cheese, nuts, etc.)

No, but I need to I always end up in a restrict cycle, trying to make up for the over indulgences I guess. It usually starts out with very little food as I am genuinely not hungry after binging, but after a few days I do tend to not always eat when I am hungry. I need to get serious about trying high fat again. I know this sounds stupid but I don't even know where to start anymore. I guess I should wait until I get hungry and then eat a super high fat meal to get me started.
My FBG was 101 yesterday and 111 today I am playing with fire, both my parents and 2 of my younger sibling are Type 2. My dad died with prosthetics due to his diabetes, and my mom just recently started insulin, after not being able to get her sugar under control with oral meds. I used to shake my head in disbelief when I saw her eat terribly after she had a stroke and a blocked carotid artery, she was so scared after these health scares, but always ends up reverting back to bad habits/foods. She is doing a little better now, but not as good as I think she could be because she follows the diet her Dr. gave her which is not low carb.

You should be so proud of yourself DG, despite all the school stress and your overall busy schedule your are staying focused on your health goals.
Old 09-06-2012, 02:20 PM   #96
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by portcop01 View Post
Good morning!doggygirl!!sounds like you are on the right track! I to just can't have any more of those sugar attack! They set me back plus I feel bad!!i did good yesterday,except my protein was a little to high.i ate to many pork rinds,but that was ok I was tring to get back in keytois .and I did pretty dark this morning.and I have went from 186 to 183 since Monday?
Jeaniem.....I did the meat and eggs for 6 mo.i really lost a lot of weight.went from a 18 to 6 but I lost my hair,and I could not stay on it forever.i really think Atkins 72 is the best way to go..
Yes they do make us feel like crap don't they? I have noticed the last two mornings after eating like crap that I have woken up groggy and in a foul mood.

Way to go on getting into ketosis!
Old 09-06-2012, 03:31 PM   #97
Major LCF Poster!

Portcop - congrats on the weight loss and staying OP this week! I totally agree with you and Jeanie about sugarcarbies and feeling like crap. After a binge I feel almost like a hangover the next day. Ugh. So why is it so hard to give up?

I'm actually feeling really good about things today. Jeanie, I can relate to that "restrict" mode after a binge to "make up for it." I too have gotten caught in that cycle and I know it's not helpful for me. But when I'm in the middle of it, it's SO hard to SEE what is really happening! I'm glad we are here together being open and honest. For me, it's harder to talk about my binges than about my alcoholism. Maybe that's because I haven't had a drink in 4.5 years, but bingeing is not behind me (well, I hope it is, but 4 days is not that long!)

Anyway...good for you Jeanie checking your BG. If we stop the madness now, I really believe we can get these FBGs back under 100. Are you with me on that focus? I'll tell you what - the FBG scare has been a huge blessing in terms of diminishing my desire to binge on sugarcarbies.

Jeanie what types of fatty things do you like? My high fat list (stuff I add to meals or between meals to increase fat) includes the following:

Cream cheese (love that stuff right off the knife!
Heavy whipping cream (whipped with sweetener or plain in coffee)
Coconut oil (I'll eat that right off the spoon too!)
Fat bombs (I make a version with butter, coconut oil, cocoa, vanilla, sea salt and stevia)
cheese (if I can afford the extra protein)

Nuts are not my first choice as a go to food, however if I have a STRONG urge for sugarcarbies and my other choices don't seem to knock it out, I will over eat nuts rather than dive into sugar. That's just how I have to do it right now. ANYTHING to not eat sugarcarbies.

Today brought some challenges. A friend who was involved in the Monday adventure (not the one who spent the night in jail) relapsed last night. Very sad. Her daughter called me this morning. I went over there but at this point it's too late. Now we have to just wait until she is ready to stop again and be there to support her. I'm grateful to be part of the fellowship of AA. There are never any guarantees on sobriety. I can help others, and they can help me. I got a lot of support today from my Sober Sisters which always feels good.

I'm OP. YAY! I know I will be going to bed early tonight!

DG
Old 09-06-2012, 05:36 PM   #98
Big Yapper!!!!

Okay, I really want to focus on eating well and getting my BG down.. When I was doing my best, I was getting FBG readings of around 70 in the morning and in the 80's after meals. That knowledge in itself should be enough of a wake the h**l up call! I really need to think about what fats I like. I like butter and cheese and have some MCT oil so I'll start there.

What is the fat bomb recipe?

Thanks!
Old 09-07-2012, 04:11 AM   #99
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Jeanie! Love your DETERMINATION! I think just starting with focusing on some fats you like is an awesome place to start. There are TONS of fat bomb recipes out there. Some include nut butters. I am choosing not to use nut butters right now because once I open the jar it's a trigger thing. So what I'm doing is more like a bark recipe. This is what I do:

1 stick unsalted butter
1/2 cup coconut oil
2 TBS dark cocoa
1 tsp vanilla
pinch sea salt
sweetener to taste (I use 1/8 tsp powdered stevia extract)

Let the butter (and coc oil if it's not already at room temp) sit out to room temperature. Blend those two together. (don't melt them in the microwave - they will separate later) Add cocoa and mix that in good. Then add the rest and mix. You could drop them on a tray with wax paper or what I did was buy a silicon mold - it's for "brownie bites" or candy. I make 16 fat bombs out of the ingredients above. You could add unsweetened coconut, nuts, etc. There are tons of variations of bark/fat bombs out there.

DG
Old 09-07-2012, 04:15 AM   #100
Major LCF Poster!

167.4, FBG 116, ketones .1

Boy I'm really fighting to get back into good ketosis. Not too happy with the FBG either. I did not sleep well at all last night and I wonder if that has something to do with it. I'm stressed about my relapsing friend and also the event tomorrow and how that is all going to work out. I need to just let go and trust the universe to guide things. I've done all I can think of to get it organized, and to develop a "plan B" since I'm pretty sure my relapsing friend won't be able to keep her committment. I'm also trying hard not to be resentful about that. I know first hand what she suffers with.

I haven't fully evolved my detailed food plan for today, but I've been getting in a groove of certain meals that work and I like the familiarity and not having to think to much about menus! I'm not super hungry so breakfast will be a HB egg and some HWC in my coffee. I might have a fat bomb or 2 later this morning if I'm hungry before lunch. Lunch will be my usual salad. I've got chicken thawed for dinner and will probably get some kale out of the garden.

Gotta run....

DG
Old 09-07-2012, 04:36 AM   #101
Major LCF Poster!

Doggygirl how have you lost most of your weight?
Old 09-07-2012, 06:29 AM   #102
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mom2zeke
Stats: 257/144.8/150
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis--Maintenance!
Start Date: August 6, 2001
DG--I'm sorry that you're struggling to get back into ketosis! I wonder about the stress--maybe high cortisol?
mom2zeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 06:31 AM   #103
Major LCF Poster!

I'm going to throw my scales away they weighed me 184--183.4----184.4... Indeed to go by how I feel and clothes...I m back in ketoeous I got my engery back this morning...yaaaaaa..I will never eat bad food again.....I like this feeling..I did eat wheat and that and wine was bad.......
Old 09-07-2012, 09:29 AM   #104
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: scalestepper
Stats: 247/190.2/less
WOE: 5:2/IF:16/8/ lc
Start Date: Atkins- 9/9/12
Hi again, I am enjoying reading your journal, will get back to read more of it tonight. Have you shared your sausage recipe? I would love to have it, dh has been wanting me to make ours with no grissels he says lol...I will get the ground pork today or prob a pork roast and I assume prob sage?
scalestepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 10:49 AM   #105
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Doggygirl how have you lost most of your weight?
I've lost over 50 two times since the MAJOR body changes started when I turned 40. I lost weight down to goal (196 to 148) doing Atkins about 11 or 12 years ago and maintained that for probably close to 2 years. Then started eating *whatever* again, and gained back up to 204. In May 2008 I quit drinking, got my thyroid checked and medicated (along with other bioidentical hormones) and lost weight on Atkins again down to goal (148). I maintained that nicely following Atkins - with NO CHEATS AT ALL for over a year. Then I made the mistake of eating some sugarcarbies, and I was off to the races.

Rather than sticking with the fight to return to LC - which obviously worked for me - I trying to "have my cake and eat it too" by joining Weight Watchers in May or so of 2010. My first weigh in there was at 163. I quickly lost weight following the points program to the low 150s. (made Lifetime). I couldn't sustain it though. That's when my binge problem (which started when I fell off of Atkins) really escalated. More carbs just led to more and more carbs, cravings, out of control eating! I struggled along with Weight Watchers all that time, with occassional fits and starts here at LCF trying to make WW and LC work, or trying different things. (but never upping my fat significantly, while controlling protein and carbs) At least I gained weight more slowly than I otherwise would have! But when I hit 170 I decided that I HAVE to get back to low carb. I just don't want to continue gaining until I'm back over 200 and beyond. And here I am. At least it's a 20 pound re-gain and not a 50+ pound regain this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2zeke View Post
DG--I'm sorry that you're struggling to get back into ketosis! I wonder about the stress--maybe high cortisol?
Could be. I see my hormone doctor again in December and I'm thinking I might ask for a repeat of all my saliva tests. Cortisol was fine in 2008 but who knows what may have changed. We've been adjusting progesterone and estrogen, but we go by symptoms for that.

Quote:
I'm going to throw my scales away they weighed me 184--183.4----184.4... Indeed to go by how I feel and clothes...I m back in ketoeous I got my engery back this morning...yaaaaaa..I will never eat bad food again.....I like this feeling..I did eat wheat and that and wine was bad.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by scalestepper View Post
Hi again, I am enjoying reading your journal, will get back to read more of it tonight. Have you shared your sausage recipe? I would love to have it, dh has been wanting me to make ours with no grissels he says lol...I will get the ground pork today or prob a pork roast and I assume prob sage?
Hi Scalestepper! I'm glad you stopped by. Here is the recipe I used for sausage:

1 lb ground pork
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp sage
1 tsp thyme
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp nutmeg

Measure and mix spices
Add spices to ground pork, mix together with hands
For mini sausage balls, roll into 24 balls and place each one in a mini muffin tin cup, then bake at 350 for 20 - 23 minutes or until no longer pink in center.

For patties, form into 12 equal size patties and fry in skillet.

This recipe is pretty HOT which is how I like it! However if you don't like as much heat you can cut back on the cayenne. You can really spice these any way you want so if there is stuff you don't like, leave it out and add other stuff you do like.

Another variation is to use different meat, or a mix of meats. (turkey, bison, etc.)

I will be so frickin' glad when this week is over. I'm on plan though with not a sugarcarby in sight.

Oh. And I did a little retail therapy today. That alway cures what ails me. I went to TJ Maxx and bought a nice black leather purse. I bought one recently but it's a really cheap one and I hate it. So that one is getting donated and I'm upgrading. I also went to Macy's one day sale and bought a couple of tops and a sweater. The sweater is really cute and is SPARKLY.

Kristn I need to follow your lead and start haunting the resale shops. I've never really done that but I really should!!!! Who has $$ to throw away on clothes these days?????

I'm keepin my new black leather purse though.

This was more expensive than a sugarcarby binge, but FAR more healthy LOL!

DG

DG
Old 09-07-2012, 11:16 AM   #106
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mom2zeke
Stats: 257/144.8/150
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis--Maintenance!
Start Date: August 6, 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggygirl View Post
Could be. I see my hormone doctor again in December and I'm thinking I might ask for a repeat of all my saliva tests. Cortisol was fine in 2008 but who knows what may have changed. We've been adjusting progesterone and estrogen, but we go by symptoms for that.
It's a good idea to keep an eye on it, especially if you're taking progesterone. I had the little shock of having my progesterone backfire on me. My first ND dosed me on symptoms and kept upping it. Turns out I didn't need any (my estrogen was high and we're addressing that with DIM) and the excess was converting to cortisol and estrogen!

Quote:
I will be so frickin' glad when this week is over. I'm on plan though with not a sugarcarby in sight.
Kudos for staying on plan during a tough week!!

Quote:
Oh. And I did a little retail therapy today. That alway cures what ails me. I went to TJ Maxx and bought a nice black leather purse. I bought one recently but it's a really cheap one and I hate it. So that one is getting donated and I'm upgrading. I also went to Macy's one day sale and bought a couple of tops and a sweater. The sweater is really cute and is SPARKLY.

Kristn I need to follow your lead and start haunting the resale shops. I've never really done that but I really should!!!! Who has $$ to throw away on clothes these days?????

I'm keepin my new black leather purse though.
This was more expensive than a sugarcarby binge, but FAR more healthy LOL!

DG
Your health is worth the money (at least that's what I tell myself). And definitely shop resale. I've actually had to stop shopping because it's so awesome to buy smaller clothes that I had a hard time stopping. I'm usually the tightwad in the family, but I couldn't help myself. DH just laughs, but I'm the one who sees all the bills.
257/144.8/150
BF% Goal 26%/20%/20%
February Nutritional Ketosis...Are you in the zone?
Nutritional Ketosis Thread Information and Posts of Interest
My Maintenance Journal
Original weight 2001--257 Maintaining 165-175 from 2002-March 2012
March 2012 to August 2012--175/150 Made Goal 8/27/12!
mom2zeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 11:41 AM   #107
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2zeke View Post
It's a good idea to keep an eye on it, especially if you're taking progesterone. I had the little shock of having my progesterone backfire on me. My first ND dosed me on symptoms and kept upping it. Turns out I didn't need any (my estrogen was high and we're addressing that with DIM) and the excess was converting to cortisol and estrogen!
I'm glad we talked about this!! I've just been thinking it's time to double check, and this just confirms it. We've actually been cutting back on both progesterone and estrogen over the last couple of years but still....

[qutoe]
Kudos for staying on plan during a tough week!![/quote]

Thanks!!!

Quote:
I've actually had to stop shopping because it's so awesome to buy smaller clothes that I had a hard time stopping.

Quote:
I'm usually the tightwad in the family, but I couldn't help myself. DH just laughs, but I'm the one who sees all the bills.
I'm the "accountant" here too. It goes about the same with me and DH too. But I do also know when there is enough left over for retail therapy.

DG
Old 09-07-2012, 11:49 AM   #108
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for the recipe, I'm off to the grocery store.
Old 09-07-2012, 04:18 PM   #109
Big Yapper!!!!

Good day today. Ate ground beef and cabbage with lots of mayo, a pumpkin shake, pork rinds w/melted butter & cinnamon, and a cheese stick. I did not eat until I got hungry at about 2pm, but I also did eat when I was hungry so that is a start.

Hope everyone is doing well today
Old 09-07-2012, 04:46 PM   #110
Major LCF Poster!

Scalestepper - let us know how the sausage turns out!

Jeanie - I'm so happy you had a good day today!!! How do you do the pork rinds with butter and cinnamon? I got hungry just reading that LOL!

Good day here too. I'm sure calories (fat) not low enough for much weight loss but I don't care about that! I'm working on BG.

Tomorrow is going to be a very busy day. I hope to get a decent night sleep tonight but I'm going to bed early (TIRED!!) so even if I sleep 6 or 7 hours I will still be up early! so I should have a chance to post before I leave for school. But if something happens and I'm running later than I think, I'm counting on you guys to get the day off to a good start, right??

Tomorrow is going to be really tough food wise. Not real conducive to toting a cooler either. I will eat regular breakfast at home before I leave for school. But then the second class is over, I have to make a bee line back to my home town to the Rally where I am the volunteer coordinator. I will need to dive right in and help out. They will be serving hot dogs and nachos but those are out! (has to be a much better quality hot dog than these will be for me to want one sans bun!) I thought of this on Wednesday and ordered some Quest bars. Those arrived today. I'm putting 2 or 3 of those in the car. Not what I would choose under better circumstances, but better in this pinch than sugarcarbies or nachos.

After all the drama this week I just can't wait until the event is over and I can just relax tomorrow night. Then Sunday I have to put my nose to the grindstone on homework!

That's my weekend plan and I'm stickin' to it!

DG
Old 09-07-2012, 05:34 PM   #111
Big Yapper!!!!

Just drizzled melted butter over the rinds and sprinkled with cinnamon, not crazy about them but kept me out of the sugarcarbies.

Hope your day goes well tomorrow and that you get a good night's sleep.
Old 09-08-2012, 01:29 PM   #112
Big Yapper!!!!

Hi everyone,

It's been a good day so far. Not counting anything just trying to concentrate on higher fat and watching the protein amounts to knock out the carb cravings. Also just eating when hungry for now and not worrying about amounts.

DG
Hope everything went well today.
Old 09-08-2012, 02:48 PM   #113
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Jeanie! Thanks for thinking of me! Today went fine. There was some last minute shuffling of volunteers at the event while I was out of school - my back up checker inner called in sick!!! But there were enough volunteers on the ground that people shifted around and everything got done. It was awesome to see all the yellow volunteer shirts hanging around after the event and cleaning up. We had all the chairs, tables, banners down, and all the garbage picked up in less than 30 minutes!

I might try that pork rink thing. I bet some splenda would be good on there too, but I'm not sure I want to get into a lot of sweetener use. I'm using some (i.e. in the fat bombs and today in the roadie protein bars) but don't want to add more unless it's for a really good purpose. But addressing hunger and staying out of sugarcarbies is definitely a good purpose!!!

It's been almost a week now since my last sugarcarby episode and I have to say that thoughts and cravings are about gone. Let's keep it that way.

I too am eating when hungry, not worrying much about quantity, and staying out of the sugarcarbies. I'm trying to track just for information sake, but I'm not restricting anything. If I keep eating fat and working on keeping the carbs/protein low (some days are more successful that others which is a big reason ketosis is slow to come back) I know things will eventually work out. Caring more about BG then weight is really helping my mind set I think. I don't feel so "frantic" about meals, weight, restricting, etc. etc.

I had two protein bars for lunch so I'm basically doing a fat fast for dinner - and looking forward to it. (I would eat some protein if I wanted to, but I don't) I'm having cream cheese and fat bombs! Anyone outside of LCF would think I was nuts!!!

DG
Old 09-08-2012, 05:15 PM   #114
Senior LCF Member

[QUOTE=Doggygirl;15928084]Scalestepper - let us know how the sausage turns out!

Delicious, I really like the recipe and plan on keeping them cooked, no nitrates and additives. I have an egg/cheese/chili dish that works great with them. The recipe is on journal. Thanks again!
Old 09-09-2012, 05:18 AM   #115
Major LCF Poster!

166.2, FBG 108, Ketones .3

Not too shabby to start the week. Glad I did the fat and a side of fat for dinner last night LOL! This is the lowest FBG reading in about 10 days. Definitely confirming that I cannot afford any departures into sugarcarby land. The price has gotten too high. It takes way too long to get back on track and damage gets done in the process - more than I ever realized. Ignorance really is bliss, but it's also dangerous!

Just finished breakfast - egg, bacon, coc oil, cod liver oil, and some HWC in this cup of coffee. I'm also working my way off of caffeine. For a while now I've been doing only 1/2 caff coffee in the AM and no caffeine in anything after noon. This week I'm going to start cutting that back to 1/4 caff until I'm doing nothing but decaf, at least at home. I can't envision no coffee at all!!! Maybe someday but for now it will be my same ol' bad coffee habit, just with far less caffeine and soon to be no caffeine. (I realize there is supposedly still a small amount of caffeine in decaf but I'm OK with that.)

I'm getting ready to head to one of the local forest preserve areas for a 3 mile walk, then some errands, then I have to put my nose in my homework and keep it there all day! Mr. Doggy is going to a picnic with one of his pals so it should be quiet around here. I hope anyway!

DG
Old 09-09-2012, 06:21 AM   #116
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggygirl View Post
1 stick unsalted butter
1/2 cup coconut oil
2 TBS dark cocoa
1 tsp vanilla
pinch sea salt
sweetener to taste (I use 1/8 tsp powdered stevia extract)

Let the butter (and coc oil if it's not already at room temp) sit out to room temperature. Blend those two together. (don't melt them in the microwave - they will separate later) Add cocoa and mix that in good. Then add the rest and mix. You could drop them on a tray with wax paper or what I did was buy a silicon mold - it's for "brownie bites" or candy. I make 16 fat bombs out of the ingredients above. You could add unsweetened coconut, nuts, etc. There are tons of variations of bark/fat bombs out there.

DG
This has to be awesome and I'm going to make some!

I'm glad you're doing good on program with no sugarbabies, throw them out with the dishwater as the old saying goes
Old 09-09-2012, 07:33 AM   #117
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scalestepper View Post
This has to be awesome and I'm going to make some!

I'm glad you're doing good on program with no sugarbabies, throw them out with the dishwater as the old saying goes
The bark IS awesome! :yum:

I am indeed throwing the sugarbabies out with the dishwater!

DG

JEANIE WHERE ARE YOU!!!!!! Come on out to play!
Old 09-09-2012, 09:04 AM   #118
Big Yapper!!!!

Hi everyone
Staying on plan and trying to get this high fat/low protein thing rolling. Today I had scrambled eggs w/1 whole egg and 1 extra yolk cooked in butter and added a little cream cheese to it, along with a couple pork rinds for some crunch.

I am not feeling good though I woke up constantly through the night sweating and now have a sore throat. I don't like this sweating thing and it always happens when I do strict low carb. I forgot to take my FBG this morning, but it was 113 after eating, so I like you DG am working on getting this number down.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 09-09-2012, 09:06 AM   #119
Big Yapper!!!!

Last edited by jeaniem; 09-09-2012 at 09:07 AM.. Reason: wrong thread
Old 09-09-2012, 11:47 AM   #120
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Jeanie! What did you delete???? I'm sorry you didn't sleep well and aren't feeling well. That's no fun! 113 BG AFTER eating sounds pretty darn awesome actually???

I made a batch of fat bombs today and added unsweetened coconut and also some chopped walnuts I found in the freezer while locating the coconut. OMG is that good!!! Ate a bit too much out of the bowl actually. I'm going to have to be careful with those. I probably should just make plain ones in the future!!!

DG