Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2012, 10:03 AM   #31
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Doggygirl
Stats: 204/183.2/152
WOE: In Limbo
Start Date: Each day is a new day to start fresh.
I got my ketone test strips!!! I need to re-read the nutritional ketosis challenge thread to refresh my memory about ranges and best time of day to test, etc. But I couldn't resist testing so before lunch, my blood ketone level is 1.1 which I do know is within the range for "Nutritional Ketosis" as Phinney and friend call it. I'm burnin' fat baby!

Jeanie that is awesome you will be working with the little ones at the Y! And a free membership to boot and easy access to exercise - how awesome is that???

I am so glad your son was able to recover beyond what the doctors thought with your diligent help. Sometimes miracles really do happen, don't they!

OK - I GOTTA get some homework done today!

DG
Doggygirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-24-2012, 09:16 AM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

Hey Jeanie! I hope you're OK!

Yesterday I ended up going off plan. I forgot about a dinner I had to attend with DH and used that as an excuse. There IS not excuse for that. In the past I have gone for over a year eating NOT ONE BITE of off plan stuff. That just wasn't my food. I lost interest in it with time. So I KNOW that place exists where off plan food really doesn't matter - it's something I don't eat. The only way to get there again is to just take it one day at a time and F.O.K.U.S.!!!!

I am not going to disappear when I screw up. That's been M.O. for this long period of struggling. That doesn't work. So here I am ready to tackle another LC day.

B: Coffee - had to run out the door
L: 2 eggs, sausage, tomato, EVCO
S: 1/2 c. cottage cheese, celery, EVCO bark
D: Chicken thighs, zuke in EVCO, EVCO bark

Not wasting any BG or BK test strips today. But tomorrow morning I'm going to monitor, and do that every day regardless of how I eat. I'm sure that will be telling if I continue to make bad food decisions.

OK - off to the homework!

DG
Old 08-24-2012, 10:30 AM   #33
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/148.8/?
WOE: lc
I tend to run off or just lurk when I am off plan too. The longest stretch I have gone completely on plan was 6 months. I wish I could find that kind of determination again, but you know I have just come to expect that I won't ever be perfect despite my best efforts. I know I will stay at a decent weight and improve my chances of not becoming diabetic like my siblings and parents, so that is at least something. NOT saying I won't always try really hard and hope to lose about ten pounds. When I do have a bad day or series of bad days I want to stop the defeatist thinking and not use it as an excuse throw it all away!

10 days til Labor Day

Last edited by jeaniem; 08-24-2012 at 10:32 AM..
jeaniem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 02:15 PM   #34
Major LCF Poster!

Progress, not perfection, right Jeanie?

It's an OP day so far.

DG
Old 08-25-2012, 12:15 PM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

First, shout out to Jeanie!

Well, yesterday was back to somewhat low carb. Higher than I really wanted (and higher cals) due to a couple handfuls of DHs nuts last night. I really have no portion control with nuts and need to JUST SAY NO. However, that was MUCH better than a sugarcarby dive.

Today is going well so far:

B: 2 Eggs, 3 oz pork sausage, 1 tbs EVCO
L: 2.8 oz tuna, 1/2 c. cottage cheese, celery, 50g olives, EVCO bark
D: 2 roasted chicken thighs, zucchini in EVCO with sour cream, EVCO bark

I really want to stick to this plan - 3 meals no snacks. I really think I would do well if I can stop the between meal and especially after dinner lurking in the kitchen. Well, it's not the lurking that makes me fat LOL. It's the eating!

I started L-Tryptophan again - haven't taken that in a long time. I'm hoping it will help with carb cravings.

BG this morning was HIGH (112). I'm trying not to freak out and just focus on getting back on plan.

Other stuff - started the first short topic Saturday class today. If I'm smart, I will do the homework RIGHT NOW so I don't have to think about this class again until 2 weeks from today. No class on labor day weekend.

DG
Old 08-25-2012, 03:20 PM   #36
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi DG
I am hanging in there staying on plan and slowly getting back to my pre-binge weight. Geesh it takes so long to get the pounds off , but man does it go on fast!

Does the L-Tryptophan make you sleepy? I bought some after reading about it in the Diet Cure book, but never tried it.
Old 08-25-2012, 04:07 PM   #37
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Jeanie! Boy I sure agree about the weight coming on fast and taking forever to leave!!! L-Tryptophan should help with sleep if taken before bed.

I finished my homework about an hour ago and have been reading on the Blood Sugar 101 site. I'm thinking about doing an "at home" glucose tolerance test tomorrow morning just to see what happens. I really want to know where I'm at with this blood sugar thing. That will mean doing a fasting BG reading, and then eating 60g carbs for breakfast and then testing at 1, 2, and 3 hours after. I'm anxious to get my LC groove on so not excited about the idea of a 60g carb breakfast. But I think this might be worth doing to see where I'm at.

Hmmm....will think about it and decide for sure in the AM. The BG swings are scaring me. Hopefully it will scare me STRAIGHT in the LC sense of things!

I woke up before 4AM this morning so ended up just getting up about 10 after 4. I'm TIRED!! I should have thought to just go to school early and take a walk around campus on the bike/hike path before class. Thought about doing it after but it was too hot today - we are back in the mid 90's. UGH I'm tired of the heat!

I'm heading to the shower and then curling up with a book! Might end up being Dr. Bernstein's Diabetes Solution. We'll see.

DG
Old 08-25-2012, 06:00 PM   #38
the condiment queen

Gallery: pooticus
Stats: 314/220.4/150
WOE: PersonalPlan
Start Date: Nov.20, 2007 (restart)
Hey DG. There's more to it than that. If you want accurate readings, you have to eat 150g of carbs for about 4 days in order to reset your metabolism. Then you can have the test. If you do it without that reset, then your numbers will be inaccurate and you will be having 60g of carbs for no purpose. Sorry to butt in!!!

Hugs.
pooticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 05:30 AM   #39
Major LCF Poster!

168.4, 1.1 ketones

Poot - you are NOT BUTTING IN!!! I really appreciate your feedback. That's why I put all this stuff out here, right? Thank you for the help!! Do you test your BG regularly? I'm wondering about these high morning readings. I saw yesterday on Blood Sugar 101 that due to other hormonal activity and the "wake up" process, BG is higher in the morning anyway. I still don't like the readings I'm seeing but maybe freaking out over a reading first thing in the AM isn't the right way to go.

Also, I KNOW I need to eat low carb and work on this, so no home glucose tolerance test for now. Just low carb eating and every time I consider eating sugarcarby crap I will SEE A HUGE BG READING IN MY MIND. I do NOT want to go down this road.

I sure like being able to test for ketones on this meter. A reading of 1.1 is good - that means I am burning fat as of this morning. The good Dr. A would love this meter! So much better than the stix. Strips expensive but I think will be worth it for a while. I need to remember to order more from Canada after 30 days so I get a fresh supply before I run out.

Todays plan:

B: 2 eggs, bacon, EVCO
L: 2 chicken thighs, zuke, sour cream, EVCO bark
D: 3 oz ham, 2 oz cheddar, olives, eVCO bark

WALKING. I'm heading out right after this post. I've been slacking on exercise lately, and walking is so good for my body and my mind and my soul (except for th pit bulls) that I need to JUST DO IT in the mornings.

Jeanie, I hope you are off to a good start today!

DG
Old 08-26-2012, 10:17 AM   #40
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi DG
I am starting to struggle a bit,this always happens after a couple of weeks of doing great.I wake at night feeling scared for no apparent reason and then tend to wake often. I also feel depressed and tired the more days I stay on plan, it's frustrating as it seems my body/mind seem to adapt less to LC instead of more as the weeks pass?? I also have another pattern I am recognizing, I start having dreams I am eating carbs and often find after a nice filling meal that I am not satisfied. I am full from the meal itself, so it is not a matter of simply eating more, it is a feeling of just wanting something carby. I am a bit scared at this point because I know myself and will soon grow weary of the nagging thoughts and obsession and binge. Initially I will feel great after the binge, but soon after I will be back at daily binging or overeating, which of course is not healthy mentally or physically. Sorry to be a downer!!!

Last edited by jeaniem; 08-26-2012 at 10:20 AM..
Old 08-26-2012, 10:49 AM   #41
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Jeanie. I'm sorry you are feeling down and feeling stuck in a cycle. Boy - I sure know how craptactular THAT feels! I too am hoping to break out of an unhealthy cycle and I really believe we CAN. Would it help at all to choose a specific LC plan and then read or re-read the book? I am finding it motivational to go back to some of the actual plan materials and read them again. I have come across some things that I either didn't pay attention to before, or forgot that seem to be helping me get back on track overall.

And of course, this BG scare is helping too! Oy. I am strictly on plan today. All I can do is stay LC and see what happens with the numbers. I'm very glad to be catching this early. Heck, I bet my doctor would say I have nothing to worry about. I know that's not true though. The Blood Sugar 101 site and also the diabetes forum site are very educational. I'm hoping I can get this back on track quickly.

JEANIE. WE CAN DO ANYTHING UNTIL LABOR DAY, RIGHT? ONLY A WEEK TO GO!!! WE CAN DO THIS FOR ONE MORE WEEK!!

DG
Old 08-26-2012, 04:45 PM   #42
Blabbermouth!!!

Okay not one of my best days, didn't binge but ate too much trail mix and some cornbread with dinner. I think I am going to try a fat fast style menu for a few days and see if high fat can get me into serious appetite suppression mode .

I see you got a walk in

I probably should pick a book and follow it and I have tried but it never lasts. I liked 72 Atkins-very simple. Protein Power is good too, but now I am reading so much about too much protein
Old 08-26-2012, 04:52 PM   #43
Major LCF Poster!

3 hours after lunch I finally got a BG reading under 100. I'm going to take that as a positive on the day!

Finishing the day at:

Cals: 1500
Fat: A lot (I'm going off the top of my head - already closed Life Form!)
Carbs: 19g
Protein: 75g (I think I want this a little higher - not much - maybe closer to 90)

Had a little hunger this afternoon but nothing I can't handle. I wasn't "white knuckling" to avoid making a store run for sugar carbies. THAT is progress detoxing from the horrors of sugarflourfat. I have not been able to keep my food intake to this level during the couple weeks I've been detoxing. I want to see how I do weight wise with carbs 20 -30, protein 90 - 100, and fat to make up to about 1500 - 1800 cals. I know that right now anyway, I cannot trust any sort of satiety signaling to tell me when to stop.

I started reading Dr. Bernstein's book (c2011) that has been sitting on my shelf. I didn't realize his level of involvement in the events leading to glucose meters being available for home use. That's quite a story. I can't wait to tell my class mates (addiction studies) that the original blood glucose meter (portable that would give a reading within a minute) was designed for ER personnel to determine who was comatose due to diabetes and who was comatose due to being drunk. Ironic.

Well, off to watch a movie with Mr. Doggy. Jeanie - hope you hung in there today!

DG
Old 08-27-2012, 04:43 AM   #44
Major LCF Poster!

167.4, K=.4, BG=103

What I did right yesterday:

Stuck to 3 meals and no snacks! YAY!!
Took a 3+ mile walk! YAY!!
Stuck with my food plan to the letter! YAY!!
Started reading Dr. Bernstein and am committed to getting this BG issue turned around through diet and exercise.
Watched movie with DH last night and didn't even THING about food the whole time. AMAZING!!

Wow. That old Gilbert Grape movie, which we had never seen, is a total snoozefest. Being able to look at Johnny Depp was barely enough to keep me awake!

Was happy about the fasting BG number being down from yesterday. .4 ketosis was disappointing, but all this testing is new so we will just see where it goes. (Phinney says the range should be .5 - 3.0) I'm wondering if eating more fat would bring it back up? But if I do that, am I preventing myself from burning fat? Hmmm...will get an opinion on the Nutritional Ketosis thread.

Todays plan:
B: 2 Eggs, Bacon, EVCO
L: Egg salad, romaine lettuce, 1/2 oz blue cheese, 1 oz cheddar, EVCO bark
D: 4 oz salmon, zuke in EVCO with sour cream, EVCO bark

Hoping to head out for a walk as soon as it's a little lighter if it's not raining.

Jeanie - lets' kick some azz today OK?

DG
Old 08-27-2012, 07:20 AM   #45
the condiment queen

Gallery: pooticus
Stats: 314/220.4/150
WOE: PersonalPlan
Start Date: Nov.20, 2007 (restart)
DG - Feedback...

Ok, so I think what you are doing is the best thing. Eat as you know how to eat. Monitor your blood sugars or ketones if it makes you feel better and helps give you direction and relax and let God. You know? Eventually this way of eating will start helping your body and will reduce your blood sugars and insulin.

MUAH!
pooticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 08:07 AM   #46
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooticus View Post
DG - Feedback...

Ok, so I think what you are doing is the best thing. Eat as you know how to eat. Monitor your blood sugars or ketones if it makes you feel better and helps give you direction and relax and let God. You know? Eventually this way of eating will start helping your body and will reduce your blood sugars and insulin.

MUAH!
AHHHHHHHH! Your reassurance feels so good! Almost like an awesome hug or something!

Jeanie, what are you up to today. NO HIDING!

Just finished up a 3+ mile walk and that felt good. I wish I could get over this dog trauma/fear. I keep hoping that just walking the neighborhood again and again will make it better eventually.

DG
Old 08-27-2012, 08:50 AM   #47
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi DG!

I am not hiding I posted last night, I think you may have missed it

Do you remember Fawn? She posted a fat burning soup recipe on Facebook that I just finished putting together in the crockpot, hopefully it will not be too many carbs, but I want to try it and see if it stops me from getting depressed as I tend to get when I do very low carb.

Another long walk WTG. What happened before with the doggies?
Old 08-27-2012, 12:55 PM   #48
Major LCF Poster!

Yes I do remember Fawn! I need to see if I can find her facebook page. (I don't do much with FB!) Let me know how the recipe turns out.

Some of our neighbors think they need to have pitbulls despite the fact that they have no fences and don't know squat about taking care of a high defense dog like that. I got chased and it's lucky I know something about a dog in active defense drive otherwise I would have gotten mauled. This dog is going to hurt someone bad if it hasn't already. Anyway...I had nothing but my wits to defend myself with and thank God I won. Scared the living *#&% out of me. Now my heart starts pounding if I hear a chihuahua barking from inside somebody's kitchen. It's been almost a year and that physical PTSD type reaction just won't stop.

But I walk anyway. But with pepper spray now.

The day is OP so far here. I did volunteer work at the mission during lunch and then ran a couple of errands. Just finished lunch a bit ago and am going to check BG one hour after. Then I need to get my focus off this stuff and onto some homework!

DG
Old 08-27-2012, 04:11 PM   #49
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh my that is scary DG! A few months ago DH and I were walking and a big dog came running towards us I wanted to run but my husband stood very still and yelled "back" at the dog in a stern voice, he was able to keep the dog at bay until the owner came out and got the dog. That was a lesson to me as my husband said the worst thing to do is run because they will mostly like chase you due to their instinct. We have a new nearby neighbor who keeps letting his pit bull puppy escape out of the yard. This terrifies me and we have a lot of little kids around here too. Years ago my nephew had to get 80 stitches after being attacked by a dog while playing outside in his backyard.

The soup was really good! Sadly though I have been in to the sugarcarbies(as you call them) today. Tomorrow will be better I am promising myself!!!
Old 08-27-2012, 05:22 PM   #50
Major LCF Poster!

Jeanie, your husband did the right thing. A dog that is "chasing" is in prey mode and will....keep chasing. When they pull up and start barking there is usually a shift to "defense" mode and that is where a "fight or flight" response will happen. (or as Mr. Doggy's trainer said, the lay down and pee response for the real chicken **** dogs ) Anyway, when a dog is in defense mode and is deciding whether to fight you or run, you want to do things that will intimidate the dog.

*loud noises, yelling
*face the dog front on (more intimidating than a sideways posture)
*maintain eye contact
*move yourself or something towards the dog (ideally, a bat would be good)

I was screaming at this dog face it fully and waving my arms. I would take one step towards it and while it re-grouped and thought about it, I would try to inch 2 steps back. The farther a dog gets away from comfortable territory, the less "brave" it will be.

Then of course there are the crazy psycho genetically messed up fear biters.

Anyway....you might want to talk to your neighbor before that puppy gets any bigger. Wow - 80 stitches for your nephew. I can't even imagine how terrifying that must have been for him.

OK Jeanie. If there are any sugarcarbies left in your house, put them in the trash NOW. Open the packages and sprinkle cayenne pepper on everything too. We do not have to wait until tomorrow to change gears. We can change gears right now. Make yourself something low carb to eat, OK?

[/drillsargeantmode]

DG
Old 08-27-2012, 06:00 PM   #51
Blabbermouth!!!

Well I do try to keep DH's and my sons carbies in a cabinet so I don't see them every time I am in the kitchen. Honestly though if I am in that mindset I'll even go to the store and buy what I am craving.

What makes you gain? I mean like do you have a pattern you recognize or is it just overeating over time that does it for you. I am more of a all or nothing type, full on or off it seems. Do you do better with high fat? I like high fat and it does seem to kill the cravings, but I always end up feeling nauseated and unwell so I end up eating lots of protein which may be why I can so easily binge since I am probably not in ketosis. The six month time period that I stayed on plan w/o cheating I was eating mostly high fat meat and starting getting nauseous and had a gallbladder scan but they found nothing. I don't know why I can't handle the fat anymore?
Old 08-28-2012, 05:48 AM   #52
Major LCF Poster!

166.6 Fasting BG 98

Hi Jeanie. I tend to be an all or nothing girl too. On the fats...I have no idea whether this would apply in your situation, but Phinney said something interesting about fat in one of his books. He talked about people who don't feel well on high fat, and come to find out, a lot of their fat sources are PUFAs rather than sat fat and monosat fat. Sounds like too much omega 6 coming from the fats can make one feel like crap. I am trying to stay out of nuts for this reason, along with the high cals and carbs but.....

Last night DH was eating his beloved nuts and I grabbed a couple handfuls. What is it with that? I was done eating for the day and already had a pretty high cal day going (from fat - so that's all good). So the dip into the nuts really put me over my carb and fat targets for yesterday. My protein was already pretty low so no problem there. Anyway...scale went down a little but it's not going to keep going down with me eating that much food.

What I did right yesterday:

Went for my 3+ mile walk
Did NOT let a single sugarcarby cross my lips
Did not snack between meals right up until bed time - that is progress

Results this morning:

BG 98 (I was very happy to see this under 100)
Ketones .5 (very happy to see this esp. after the nuts)
Weight 166.6

I think I'm going to eat breakfast now and then go for a walk once that settles. I need to do some dang homework today! I've been reading Bernstein's book and I'm so wrapped up in learning about this BG business that I am neglecting my work and also my studies! FOKUS!

DG
Old 08-28-2012, 07:20 AM   #53
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks DG for the info regarding fat. I have a freezer full of grass fed beef that should help with the omega 6 and I'll try adding more kerrygold butter and mct oil.

Do you find the info from Phinney confusing? I have the NANY book and he seems to allow for a lot of protein in that book. I'll order the kindle edition of his latest book if you think the book has more to offer.

Just got back from a 2 mile walk with DH. Hope you got a nice walk in! Your long school day is tomorrow right?

6 days til Labor Day

Last edited by jeaniem; 08-28-2012 at 07:56 AM..
Old 08-28-2012, 02:38 PM   #54
Major LCF Poster!

Jeanie I have both his Low Carb Living book (not the exact title) and also his low carb performance book. The Living book has a LOT more of the science and background info if you are into that. I actually like the Performance book a lot better. Even though on the surface it appears to be for people far more athletic than I will ever be, it really is a formula for *anyone* and he gets right to the point, so it a more susinct book.

Yes - more protein is recommended in NANY for sure. What intrigues me is that the people on the diabetes forum are getting really good BG results by going a bit lower on protein like this, and adding fat. (truly getting to ketosis)

I think part of the issue is that in the past, there really was not accurate way to even measure ketosis. (this stix are certainly not accurate) Now with the meter, you can really tell. So long as one is willing to pay out the nose for the strips! But I don't imagine having to test forever. But it will be interesting to see what ranges, etc. do and don't work for me to reach ketosis and stay there.

DG
Old 08-28-2012, 04:59 PM   #55
Blabbermouth!!!

Would you say that you are finding a difference in terms of appetite or carb cravings with the lower protein higher fat? How much do the meter and strips cost?

Do you think I could wing it instead of buying the book by just eating high fat? I just spent $600 at the dentist and am paying $60 a week for shoulder PT right now.

Last edited by jeaniem; 08-28-2012 at 05:04 PM..
Old 08-29-2012, 06:28 AM   #56
Major LCF Poster!

166.6, Fasting BG 84, Ketones 1.4!!!!!

I am really happy with how things went yesterday, and the results this morning. Although my weight stayed the same as yesterday, the BF% dropped on the Tanita which is always a good indicator that if I stay on track, a weight drop is pending too.

Weight 166.6
FBG 84 (haven't seen this number since I started testing!!!!! YAY!!!)
Ketones 1.4
Yesterdays food:
Fat 165g
Carb 24g (16 net)
Pro 77g
Cals 1854
K/R 2.15

(K/R is a Ketogenic Ratio based on a formula that evulates the ratio of ketogenic to anti-ketogenic foods based on grams of macros. The goal is to keep the Ketogenic Ratio at 2 or above. I learned of this on the Diabetic Forums. There is a thread about "Using a ketone meter to do a ketogenic diet" in the Diet and nutrition section - someone made a spreadsheet available for download that calculates this automatically)

Jeanie - there is an informative thread in the "Low Carb Challenges" section of this web site about Nutritional Ketosis Challenge. I would start with reading that thread, and then check out the thread I described above at Diabetes Forums. Also, if you google "Nutritional Ketosis" a number of things will come up that you can read. That is where I would start to get some free info. Also, Jimmy Moore is doing this right now and has written some about it. He calls it his "n=1 Experiment." It's not just about adding fat - there is more to it so I think it's important to read up on it. The ketone meters are cheap but the strips are definitely not cheap. However there is no reason you can't give it a shot without the strips. You will also see info in this sources about getting a free meter that comes with 2 free strips. If you were to get started and really want to see evidence, that would be a free option for at least 2 chances to test. It is very important to read the info about calculating protein range, and figure out your healthy minimum. From all reports, keeping protein near this minimum is key to making this work - at least according to the ladies doing this. (men seem to have it easier, in general, as usual)

My K/R fell short of 2.0 until Sunday - that was the first time I got it to 2.0. Then on Monday it was 1.9, then yesterday 2.1. Interesting that as my K/R has gone up my Ketones have also gone up. Maybe coincidence or maybe there is something to it. I will keep poking my numbers into that spreadsheet since it only takes a moment - why not.

The MOST amazing thing about yesterday. Well, 2 things actually.

1) I ate my dinner that was a little protein and a LOT of fat about 5:30PM. Then I met a group at a restaurant (a very GOOD restaurant) for a business meeting at 7:15PM. We were there until 9:15PM. The other people all ate dinner. I was surrounded by entrees like steak and potatoes, nacho platters, etc. I ordered hot tea and DID NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT THE FOOD the whole time. I can't even tell you how long it's been since THAT happened. On the WW program, I would have been jonesing for food and most likely given in at the table and ordered something - or even MORE likely, stopped at the Jewel next door on the way home and bought some binge food. THAT WAS A MIRACLE!!!

2) My blood sugar readings are continuing to improve every day. I know my numbers were not "that bad" compared to full on diabetic (untreated) readings. However. When 83 is NORMAL for a BG level, and a NORMAL body will regulate BG very tight and close to that number, readings of 98, 106, and even 121 are just evidence that things are breaking down for me. I don't want to die like my Dad did if I can help it - what a slow torturous life that was for him. 84 fasting is amazing. And in such a short time! YAY!

Well, that's a lot of "Return to LC."

As far as other stuff goes, I have not put nearly the effort I should have into my classes this week. Everything I have to turn in later today is done, of course. But I probably should have gotten a jump start on research papers, etc. Instead I have spent hours upon hours reading about blood sugars, pre-diabetes, and ketogenic diets. I'm happy I made that choice! The school work will still be there for me tomorrow!

I have a good food plan for today - if I follow it it will be:

F: 169
P: 67 (my min is 68 but I'm not going to worry over 1g)
C: 26 (17 net)
Cals: 1885

Today is my challenging day with afternoon and evening classes, and the need to take portable food and also face the junk food extravaganza that will be going on among my classmates on breaks. Last nights experience gives me hope that it will be a non-issue as they are eating chocolate covered prezels, twinkies, etc. I'm actually looking forward to seeing how it feels!

Wow. This is a novel. I'll stop now. Life is good.

DG
Old 08-29-2012, 08:53 AM   #57
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: portcop01
Stats: 197-148-130
WOE: Lc
Start Date: July 15
Hi there! I would love to join you ladies,,,,I ve done Atkins 3 times before but this is my last time for sure..I started true Atkins 8 days ago lost from 189 to 183. I eat very clean carbs I find when I eat any other way I don't lose or slow lost.....I do take a pure green coffee bean extract that dr oz suggest and for me it does rally work. A couple of weeks before going on Atkins I went from 201 to 189. .

I would like to post my menu with y'all too and compare if that's ok..thanks
portcop01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:57 AM   #58
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Portcop!!! We would LOVE to have you join us! I am always interested in seeing other people's menus and whatever other info you want to share, so bring it on!

I've never heard of green coffee bean extract. What is it?

Congratulations on your fabulous progress so far! Inspiration city!

Hey Jeanie!!! Where are you today? NO HIDING!

DG
Old 08-29-2012, 10:57 AM   #59
Major LCF Poster!

Wow. I really haven't been hungry today. FRICKIN' AWESOME. I ended up skipping my planned egg/bacon breakfast and just having about 2 TBS HWC in coffee. I'm just now sitting down to a hugh jass salad for lunch (lettuce + fatty stuff) but could have waited longer I think.

I will be interested to see how the hunger goes through the rest of the day.

I also forgot to report exercise! 3+ miles power walking yesterday, and the same route again today.

DG
Old 08-29-2012, 12:58 PM   #60
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: portcop01
Stats: 197-148-130
WOE: Lc
Start Date: July 15
DG thanks for the welcome!!im glad to hear your doing good. Very busy today.getting ready for my guest. I skip breakfast busy..but husband took me out for lunch.had a steak salad the only had sweet dressing so I ate olive oil only...I try to keep my fat up a little high.i lose better.
portcop01 is offline   Reply With Quote