Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2012, 07:33 AM   #211
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Flavia
Stats: lose 50lbs
Good Morning ya all

I am down another 1+ pound this morning. I am down to 195.8lbs. I have never ever lost weight that fast
Flavia is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-26-2012, 08:08 AM   #212
Blabbermouth!!!

Also I wanted to report that I have not needed any sleeping pills in the last 3 days and I have slept like somebody "shot" me. I fall asleep generally around 10pm sleep till 4ish take my thyroid pill and go back to sleep till 6am.
Still not exercising yet. Waiting to see how much I can lose before I have to.

Hope you all are doing well this morning
Old 08-26-2012, 10:38 AM   #213
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SgtBrownsWife
Stats: (height 5'10)254/206.8/145
WOE: LCHFMP
Start Date: 11/27/11
That is SO awesome!!!!! I still haven't gotten my TOm. Hearing you lose after your TOM gives me hope though because I really feel like that's what's holding me up. I know I am retaining water and if I eat anything with salt it's like 10 times worse. I tried drinking parsley tea last night and am going to drink it for the next three days since that is suppose to help start your TOM. I am about to go insane waiting for it. I am wondering if me stressing about it is making it even worse so I'm trying not to obsess. I am ready to get back to my fast weight loss

By the way I LOVE your avatar picture about being A.d.d. It's hilarious!
SgtBrownsWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 10:45 AM   #214
Senior LCF Member

By the way I also have noticed that I sleep really really well now too. I always use to have a very hard time falling asleep especially after I stopped taking melatonin about 6 weeks ago. I also have always been a late night person but I am like you now I get tired at like 10-11pm and fall asleep easily and sleep like a rock
Old 08-26-2012, 10:47 AM   #215
Blabbermouth!!!

ty that is so me with the add and ocd its not even funny

Ja I hope u get back to it soon....I would just act like as if nothing is diff and then maybe ur body will release ....idk...every morning I am soooo scared to weigh in because I am thinking I am dreaming and I will wake up to the nightmare of the scale going up...lolololol
Old 08-26-2012, 10:52 AM   #216
Senior LCF Member

I know exactly what you mean about the scale. It's so exciting and nerve racking at the same time. I have struggled for so long that it seems like it cannot last or be real in the first place. I have a couple of friends on this diet and you and Cathy are and everyone is reporting the same kind of losses so we should start to believe it and get used to the idea . Easier said than done lol. I tnk I will feel way better once I get my TOM and see a few more weeks of weight loss. Having more time of consistent losses always makes me feel much better
Old 08-26-2012, 10:54 AM   #217
Blabbermouth!!!

ditto
Old 08-26-2012, 11:46 AM   #218
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mcchimento
Stats: 261.8/232.6/150.0
WOE: Atkins with a Mediterranean flair
Start Date: NOW!!! Restart date: 1/12/2014
Hey ladies, just checking in. I did eat a little too much sodium yesterday so I bounced up a little. Plus I think my cortisol must be through the roof from the stress of this hurricane. We were then weren't now WE ARE GOING TO GET IT. Working on getting things together. Haven't decided if we are going to leave yet. It depends on how much more closely it gets to us. I will try to hang on with the eating as best I can with this storm. If you don't hear from me, it's because I am off line from the storm. I ate well numbers wise but the scale did bounce up a little. 216.2 lbs. this morning. (lost 2 pounds this week)

http://lowcarbmediterraneanjourney.blogspot.com/

Start weight: 261.8
Goal #1: 251.8 (-10 lbs.) met 1/21/2014
Goal #2: 241.8 (-10 lbs.) met 2/19/2014
Goal #3: 231.8 (-10 lbs.)
mcchimento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 12:33 PM   #219
Blabbermouth!!!

Cathy and Mary hope this Hurricane goes away and ur both save HUGS
Old 08-26-2012, 12:36 PM   #220
Senior LCF Member

Oh no Cathy! I'm sorry about the storm. We are in Jacksonville so we will just be getting rain. I would defintely want to leave if I was where u are. I hope they have a more certain path really soon. I am the same way with sodium. It sticks to me like glue.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:22 AM   #221
Blabbermouth!!!

Good Monday Morning all

Hope everybody is surviving the storm

I am up half a pound this morning which I suspected was going to happen cause if I lose weight fast I always go up and down and up and down. And since I lost over 3lbs in 2 days I knew it was bound to happen. So no worries I am alright with it and I will keep on keeping on
Weird thing was that I ate exactly the same thing then the day before. lololol funny
Old 08-27-2012, 09:21 AM   #222
Senior LCF Member

I have had the same thing happen! I wonder if everyone is like that when they lose really fast. It's like your body needs to reset or something. I will have to see what info I can find on that because I have always wondered why that would happen to me.

We are just getting lots of rain here. It looks like its going to directly hit New Orleans where Cathy is though
Old 08-27-2012, 11:09 AM   #223
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh no
Old 08-27-2012, 11:35 AM   #224
Senior LCF Member

Well after pages of google I couldn't find anything about losing fast and gaining a little. That's not a big surprise though since its almost impossible to find much info about the way we are eating even lol. I always get a good laugh when I read about how calorie deficit is the only way to lose weight. I am eating 1750-1900 calories a day an I lost 11.4 lbs in 9 days. If like to know how try explain that and no exercise lol. I am glad I haven't gained anything back I just wish my stupid pms would end so I could get back to losing. I know TOM will come eventually. I didn't think about it much at all yesterday or today and am just sticking to plan since that's all I can do and that makes me do much more sane not to obsess
Old 08-27-2012, 11:52 AM   #225
Blabbermouth!!!

aaeehhhhmmmm, U wouldn't happen to be preggo???????
Old 08-27-2012, 12:28 PM   #226
Senior LCF Member

I already tested twice. Both were negative so I am in the clear I just think my hormones are waking up from my weight loss and causing me trouble temporarily. I think I would cry if I got preggo just when I figured out how to lose weight fast LOL
Old 08-27-2012, 01:08 PM   #227
Major LCF Poster!

Hey ladies,

Hope everything is ok with you all and will miss talking to you all. Yeah we are getting ready to hunker down for this storm. If you don't hear from me it's because of the power outages. I will definitely check back in when I can to let you know we are okay. Not too worried; I will defeinitely stay on plan as best I can. Will grill chicken and burgers if we lose power on the grill so we are ok also have lots of ice. Up a pound today just water weight due to the pepperoni last night.
Old 08-27-2012, 01:32 PM   #228
Senior LCF Member

Mmm I love anything cooked on the grill . Pepperoni does the same thing to me. It tastes so good though .

Hubby told me that I was sleep talking last night and apparently I said "I want all the toppings on my pizza and no you can't have any!" lmao.
Old 08-28-2012, 06:05 AM   #229
Blabbermouth!!!

Good Morning all,

Well, can't weigh because no potty and already had a cup of coffee. Hold up I weigh anyways.
Ok, it's still the same as yesterday, but take away potty and the cup of coffee and I should be down to 195.8 at least if not more. So I am happy with that

Hope everybody is save
Old 08-28-2012, 07:50 AM   #230
Major LCF Poster!

Hey,

Still hanging in there waiting for the storm. Barely ate yesterday because so busy getting stuff to beready for tonight. Just sitting home now waiting for this storm. Hope I don't just sit and eat all day long out of boredom. Down to 214.2
Old 08-28-2012, 08:15 AM   #231
Senior LCF Member

I'm glad everyone is doing well today!

Cathy, I hope the storm hurries up and doesn't cause much damage.

I have been looking through my eating and activities the last 21 days since I started and I have come up with a pattern. Last Friday I weighed more at night so I knew my weight was going to fluctuate up maybe a pound by Saturday morning so I think that's what made me give into my craving for salt and eat the medium fry. The Friday before that I had the SAME pattern even though I had been losing well all week it looked like I was going to be about a pound up Saturday morning so I decided I will have a couple of mixed drinks (always makes me put on water weight). The conclusion I have cometo is that I am using self sabbatoge because I am terrified of having even one day without losing a bunch which is crazy because everyone has fluctuations up and down. All that matters is the end result and this eating plan obviously works. I know part of my problem is being bloated but I can't do anything about PMS so I am Just going to make sure no matter what this week if I have a day it looks like my weight will fluctuate up that I don't do anything to sabbatoge myself I don't know how I didn't notice this before but I suppose we do some crazy things when we are afraid

I can't remember if I told u guys about my eating fries incident or if I mentioned that On another thread. Either way I did that Friday(I haven't cheated since May) i felt so guilty I didn't even enjoy it lol
Old 08-28-2012, 08:39 AM   #232
Blabbermouth!!!

I am happy to see ur coming to terms with urself Mary That is a huge step forward....
Mine, I don't know.....I haven't cheated and it is still going up and down....
Its like I lose a bunch of weight quick and then my body holds on to water or something and then it slowly releases again.....then all over sudden it goes quick again and then it starts all over.....I have also noticed my kidneys are hurting a bit from all that pottying and water etc.....so on the days when it goes up or slows down they stop hurting....I know my kidneys arent working properly (everytime I go have blood work done the numbers get worse idk)
I also know that when I don't eat enough fat/food my body wont release and my goiter/thyroid feels like somebody is sitting on it.

Resolution=
Can't do much about kidneys other then drink my water which I have at least 3liters a day +
Food, I will have to make sure I eat small meals several times a day to keep my thyroid from complaining.

Btw, I never lose during the day Mary. I don't know how u do it....My weight goes up 3+ lbs during the day.
Old 08-28-2012, 10:18 AM   #233
Senior LCF Member

I agree. I think it is so important u understand your body as well as your fears/thoughts that may cause u to do things to sabbatoge yourself. I'm sorry about your kidneys . I would think eating like this might help eventually since I think this is how we are meant to eat and be healthy. I have to eat everything on my menu to lose weight as well. My body doesn't do well with lower calories/fat etc. i really think it must be our bodies adjusting to the new weight. As long as the gain goes away and you always come out with a loss I don't think it matters. When I gained a couple f pounds last week it went away and I ended up with a loss of 11.4 lbs in 12 days even with the 3 days my weight was up. I would rather lose weight faster and gain a pound or two for a couple of days then go slow all the time. On induction for months I would only average 1.5 lbs a week and that was SO slow. I was even working out then too.
Old 08-28-2012, 10:19 AM   #234
Senior LCF Member

I'm not really sure why my weight goes down during the day either. All I can think is from caffeine and what I eat during the beginning of the day is so light. Once I eat my hamburger I don't lose anymore for the day.
Old 08-28-2012, 10:23 AM   #235
Senior LCF Member

My weight was fluctuating up before I cheated so I think I am the same as u and like I said if we come out with a net loss I think we are still kicking butt if I can lose even 20 lbs a month I will be insanely happy. I have lost 12.4 since the 8th and I am going to weigh again Friday in hopes the salt I ate last friday will be ii of my system and the water weight will be gone. I still have 11 days until it has been a full 30 days so I am hopeful I an maybe get to 20 this month an for sure next month since I won't be sabbatogin myself
Old 08-28-2012, 10:30 AM   #236
Blabbermouth!!!

I am sure u are going to make it....u are losing weight so fast...I would rather do it this way also...on reg lc I lose about 5lbs and then it stops dead in its track....
I have foods that stall me also.....green beans or even too much lettuce will stall me...tomatoes throw me out of ketosis right away....
I can't cheat....it takes me a while to get into ketosis.....my cheat would be a vodka seltzer. It doesn't make me gain but it stalls me....so not going to drink till I am at goal...I am trying to get to 160 first.

how much water do u drink???? Or do u even drink water??? Some ppl drink diet drinks
Old 08-28-2012, 10:39 AM   #237
Senior LCF Member

I drink 8 glasses of water a day plus an energy drink and a cup of coffee with my coconut oil. I am the same with drinking. I have vodka an diet coke so no cabs but I eithe gain water weight whether I have one dink or three or I just stall so no more drinking for me at least until I really get a good amount more of weight loss under my belt.

I was the same way with meat and eggs lose 5 lbs and stop dead with NO cheating ever. I really think it was too much protein in both of our cases. It's amazing how much protein you should eat an what most people eat. I would eat 90-120g a day and you supposedly can eat mre than that from what I have read but I eat under 55g a day now and I feel fine and lose fast. I am glad I figured it out after months of low carb because I knew low carb was the only way to go but I needed to change something to speed up losses. I wish I ha figured this plan out months ago

It's amazing how certain things can stall us and not others.
Old 08-28-2012, 10:54 AM   #238
Blabbermouth!!!

my nutritionist had put me on high cal/high fat before and I did good for a while and then my metabolism started going down....I guess some ppl do that and of course I had to be one of them....lolololol
So far so good with me and the fat....I still have some energy and I sleep well. As soon as I notice I am not losing anymore I will start walking (outside or treatmill) and lifting some weights for upper body (like at night time when I am watching tv).
Well, that is my plan anyways.....if that would not work then I would not know what to do.....eat plain veggies maybe....lolololol
Old 08-28-2012, 11:04 AM   #239
Senior LCF Member

That's my plan too or if it starts to slow I will work out. I still may work out in a few weeks gain but I'm afraid to mess with anything lol.

I am trying something different from
Coconut oil and coffee today. I read that coconut oil consumed in large amounts can help stop the contractions of the uterus especially if you are having a hard time getting your period. I have no idea if I am consuming enough for that to be the case but I am trying two days with no coconut oil just to see.

I put 2 cups of almond milk 8 tbsp wavy whipping cream and a few drops of ez sweets in (liquid Splenda) and OMG. This has the same fat as the coffee with hwc and CO but this is AMAZING!!!!!! It tastes better than a milkshake to me!!!
Old 08-28-2012, 11:06 AM   #240
Blabbermouth!!!

yumm I have to try that....I live on almond milk also...unsweetened vanilla