Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2013, 05:39 PM   #1921
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Bradsbabe
WOE: LCHFMP
Start Date: January 2013
I am hoping to revive this thread, the information in here is so valuable!
Bradsbabe is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-2013, 06:15 AM   #1922
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oriana
Do you ever have a cheat day and does this work better than any other diet you have tried?
oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 12:36 PM   #1923
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SgtBrownsWife
Stats: (height 5'10)254/206.8/145
Start Date: 11/27/11
Hello Everyone!!!!

I am back after WAY too long! I just had a baby 3 months ago so that is where I have been!!
I am breastfeeding now so it has taken me quite some time to figure out my numbers again but I have finally gotten everything perfect again! I unfortunately gained too much during pregnancy. I was stupid and decided I should eat whatever I wanted again which I regret terribly but I am 100% committed and back . I gained 78 lbs while pregnant and now have lost 44 lbs in the last 3 months. I am just now starting to lose 1 lb or so a day again after getting my numbers perfect finally they're different from before since I'm breastfeeding

I really hope someone sees this and replies! I have missed all of you dearly and can't wait to meet new people too!!

Mary
Getting skinny LCHFMP!
SgtBrownsWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 01:53 PM   #1924
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
Congratulations on the new baby Mary and on the 44lb loss! I loved following your posts before although I don't think I ever posted. I will be following you again and maybe even posting some ! KUTGW
Abigale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 01:57 PM   #1925
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abigale View Post
Congratulations on the new baby Mary and on the 44lb loss! I loved following your posts before although I don't think I ever posted. I will be following you again and maybe even posting some ! KUTGW
I'm so glad to hear that!
Thank you Jack (my 3 month old) and Lilly my 5 year old daughter keep me quite busy

I hope you will keep posting! I'm going to update everyday
Old 11-25-2013, 09:04 AM   #1926
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 144/141.8/130
WOE: IE/M&E
Congrads Mary!!!!!

I'm glad to see you back. I'll have the re-read some of the posts and reacquaint myself with your WOE. Maybe you could give us a quick refresher. I remember it was good common sense with some special tweaks that made it very affective.
TerriMM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 11:04 AM   #1927
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerriMM View Post
Congrads Mary!!!!!

I'm glad to see you back. I'll have the re-read some of the posts and reacquaint myself with your WOE. Maybe you could give us a quick refresher. I remember it was good common sense with some special tweaks that made it very affective.
Hi!!

Here is a refresher:

85% fat ( a little more or less is fine)
10% protein
5% carbs

That means 20 grams or less cabs (I'm usually pretty far under this)
For me I would eat 50g or less protein
The rest is fat.

I like to give the percentages since veryone's calorie requirements are different. I was eating about 2,000 before and now I'm eating 2350 or so since I'm breastfeeding.

Another enormous tip I have is to spread out your protein!!
I hadn't been doing that for a while so I stalled myself and couldn't figure out what I did. Once I spaced out protein again I started losing immediately. If you eat too much protein at once it overloads your body and causes you to store glycogen which then has the same effects on your body as carbs do which none of us want obviously! Lol

My diet lately has been the following (keep in minding nursing so I am eating more protein then non nursing women should!

Heavy whipping cream about 2 tbsp twice or three times a day in my coffee

Almonds spread out through the day

1 hamburger topped with lots of cream cheese (so good!)

Another hamburger with lots of cream cheese for dinner

Almonds or a tbsp or so of peanut butter for a snack if I'm still hungry

What I use to eat is at te front of the thread so you can see what a non nursing plan looks like but it's still the same concept you would just lower my numbers

Anyways, I feel like I'm just figuring this out again since I'm nursing but at least I have the blueprints!

I'm so happy you're here!
Old 11-25-2013, 11:06 AM   #1928
Senior LCF Member

Sorry for the typos! Holding a squirming 3 month old doesn't bode well for typing lol
Old 11-25-2013, 11:15 AM   #1929
Senior LCF Member

Hello everyone!

I really would like to take a minute to welcome anyone who is reading this or responding to my thread.

I know there are people who have read my thread before or do now and never posted. Please feel welcome to post. I know you can feel hesitant to post because you may be afraid you will stall or it won't work for you or you won't stick with it so it may feel like you would be a failure but you aren't!! Posting here means you want people to walk with you in your weight loss journey and is a great chance to hold yourself accountable and make friends! We all have cheated and stalled and been over the moon and been devastated throughout our weight loss journeys.

Please don't be afraid to post here with whatever you want! I am happy to hear good stories and hard times!

I can't wait to hear from you guys!
Old 11-25-2013, 11:17 AM   #1930
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

To me that looks like Fat Fast with more calories. Works for me. Weren't you eating some kind of oat bran too? I like the tip about spreading out the protein, makes a lot of sense. I think that might have stalled me at times with FF. Due to the lower calories I was only eating protein usually once a day, all at one time.
Old 11-25-2013, 11:35 AM   #1931
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GailyGail
Stats: 200/170/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2, 2012
Mary, congratulations on the birth of your baby and your 44 pound weight loss! That is fabulous. Your plan looks excellent too and I definitely want to try burgers with cream cheese! I follow a pretty similiar low carb plan and find that it works -- I've lost about 25 pounds so far (since the end of August -- about a loss of 8 pounds per month).
GailyGail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 11:37 AM   #1932
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
To me that looks like Fat Fast with more calories. Works for me. Weren't you eating some kind of oat bran too? I like the tip about spreading out the protein, makes a lot of sense. I think that might have stalled me at times with FF. Due to the lower calories I was only eating protein usually once a day, all at one time.

I was doing the same protein all at once meal! I looked forward to it so much so I wanted it all at once lol

The fat fast I did emphasized way too much protein so the protein numbers are what I changed most when I did my modified version. I would lose for a few days on the original fat fast and then go nowhere but once I added maybe 10 carbs instead of 0 a day and lowered protein to 50g or less weight just fell off. I know that's from your glycogen stores getting file with too much protein like I said before. It can be challenging at first to find enough things that are full of fat and not protein to make the 85% Mark but once you do it for a wile it becomes easy.

Yes, I eat wheat bran with heavy whipping cream and almond milk for lots of fiber! It will fix any potty issues by the next day .

I also love my "milkshake" which is a tbsp or more if you need more fat of heavy whipping cream with a glass of almond milk and liquid Splenda (ez sweetz) and it tastes just like a milkshake!

Last edited by SgtBrownsWife; 11-25-2013 at 11:39 AM..
Old 11-25-2013, 11:38 AM   #1933
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GailyGail View Post
Mary, congratulations on the birth of your baby and your 44 pound weight loss! That is fabulous. Your plan looks excellent too and I definitely want to try burgers with cream cheese! I follow a pretty similiar low carb plan and find that it works -- I've lost about 25 pounds so far (since the end of August -- about a loss of 8 pounds per month).
Thank you!

That is fantastic and I am so glad you're here!
Old 11-25-2013, 02:05 PM   #1934
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtBrownsWife View Post
I was doing the same protein all at once meal! I looked forward to it so much so I wanted it all at once lol

The fat fast I did emphasized way too much protein so the protein numbers are what I changed most when I did my modified version. I would lose for a few days on the original fat fast and then go nowhere but once I added maybe 10 carbs instead of 0 a day and lowered protein to 50g or less weight just fell off. I know that's from your glycogen stores getting file with too much protein like I said before. It can be challenging at first to find enough things that are full of fat and not protein to make the 85% Mark but once you do it for a wile it becomes easy.

Yes, I eat wheat bran with heavy whipping cream and almond milk for lots of fiber! It will fix any potty issues by the next day .

I also love my "milkshake" which is a tbsp or more if you need more fat of heavy whipping cream with a glass of almond milk and liquid Splenda (ez sweetz) and it tastes just like a milkshake!
Not the first time it's been suggested for me to add carbs How much wheat bran do you have a day? Do you count it in your percentages?
Old 11-25-2013, 02:55 PM   #1935
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Not the first time it's been suggested for me to add carbs How much wheat bran do you have a day? Do you count it in your percentages?
I eat 1/4 to 1/2 of a cup. I don't eat it every day. I only do if I'm having potty trouble . I will have one less cup of coffee with heavy whipping cream in it I account for the fat but other then that I don't really count it against my daily percentages.
Old 11-26-2013, 02:48 AM   #1936
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
Hi Mary! My plan at the moment is scrambled eggs, fatty ground beef and raw shredded cabbage mixed with it. Black coffee with a tbl of coconut oil in the first cup of the day. I have stuck with this for almost 2 weeks and have been having success. The first week I used no salt or seasonings which is very hard but works for me. Now I am adding a little salt and pepper and am in heaven. The seasoning thing comes from Steven Guyanet's blog whole health source where he talks about studies that show a no reward style of eating fools the brain into thinking it is fasting. Believe me it is a very difficult thing to do.

Have a great day! Glad you are back!
Old 03-24-2014, 08:50 PM   #1937
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Multimama
Stats: 149/132/130
WOE: HCG/Primal
Start Date: Feb 7, 2014
So where are you at now in your weight loss Mary?
Multimama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 09:10 PM   #1938
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Multimama View Post
So where are you at now in your weight loss Mary?
Hi!

I took a break and just ate normal low carb from thanksgiving through New Years. I got back on around the end of January doing my old meal plans exactly. I am at 216.8 right now so only 10 away from where I was when I got pregnant and I've been back on plan since my son for about 6 months.

Last time I was on here I had lost 44lbs since birth and now I have lost 67.2lbs

I don't know if I'm allowed to say or not but I have LCHFMP group on fb. It's called "my LCHFMP lifestyle (low carb, high fat, moderate protein)" is the exact group name. I update there a lot and talk a lot in there
Old 04-13-2014, 01:40 AM   #1939
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Just read all of posts. Congratulations on your new baby.

I'll find you on FB.
Seabreezes is online now   Reply With Quote