Old 09-21-2012, 08:39 AM   #1501
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SgtBrownsWife
Stats: (height 5'10)254/206.8/145
WOE: LCHFMP
Start Date: 11/27/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeeesecake View Post
I made some cream cheese clouds with almond flavouring last night. Holy hell!! I broke off a teeny bit from one last night and it was just like marzipan yuummmm!

Had a riding accident last night and spent the morning at the hospital getting checked over and have a fractured wrist and a "weird bone" in my wrist (whatever that means!!) so I missed lunch and coffee and I'm starving now!!

Mommylaw - I eat salad or veg every day!!
I'm so sorry about your accident . A "weird bone" LOL I had a small bump on my wrist removed that they referred to as a dilated winer. The names they come up with LOL
SgtBrownsWife is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-2012, 08:40 AM   #1502
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcchimento View Post
Back on for the ride. I am up 3 lbs. since Sunday, has to be water weight. I was so hungry today though. Posting menu:

B= 2 eggs, 1 T. cream, 1 T. coconut oil, 2 slices bacon
L= 2 eggs, 2 T. mayonnaise, 1 T. relish
S= 2 oz. cream cheese, 1 T. butter, 1 T. coconut oil, 1 oz. macadamia nuts
D= 1 hamburger, 2 T. mayonnaise, 1 slice cheese
S= 4 slices thin deli ham

2001 calories; Fat: 184.51 g (83%); Protein: 67.11 g (15%); Carbs: 10.39 total g (2%)

Cathy, glad to see u again! It will come off I have days where I am just starving too and it usually doesn't hurt my weight at all if I eat more
Old 09-21-2012, 08:42 AM   #1503
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlieKatt View Post
Morning all!
Congrats to those who are getting back on track.
Today I was up .4 and I fully expected it. With the cooler weather comes this ravenous appetite. I over did it on the PB balls and protein. This is of course is only water weight and with some discipline I'll be OK come tomorrow. Note to self: make pb balls for special occaissions. To dangerous to keep them in the house! lol

Kerry I eat veggies/lettuce because I still need healthy carbs but I eat less of it. I would not sit down to a huge salad the way I did on Induction. But I do have a small salad from to time and veggies like cucumber, celery, peppers, brocolli and spinach at least one a day.

Not sure what the others do.

Allie, I LOVE your attitude I think it's awesome we can have so much confidence in this way of eating that we know if we go up some it WILL come off
Old 09-21-2012, 08:43 AM   #1504
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by g3rmanchik View Post
Morning all

Welcome Kerry!!!! Glad u found us and are getting on the train wagon here!!!!! YAY!!!!
I eat when ever I want to as far as veggies. Personally I can't eat tomatoes right now or green beans stall me....but I do eat cauliflower, broccoli, zuchini, lettuce and some times I like some spaghetti squash. U just have to find what works for your body like Alie said

Laura, it will happen.....It takes a while to get back into ketosis as u know....hang in there lady!!!!

I am down 0.7lbs this morning. 0.3lbs away from virgin weight if I remember right....I should really keep track of this better.....lololol

Yay!!!
You will be below virgin weight in no time
Old 09-21-2012, 08:49 AM   #1505
Senior LCF Member

I weighed in this morning with no loss yet but I lose during the day so no surprise there. I ate a small salad last night with just lettuce and some Pauala Deene Vidalia onion peppercorn dressing and gained nothing from it. Hooray!!!!! I went shipping last night and found some really good dressings and sauces that were super low cab or no carb with 0 protein and very little sodium

For those interested the Pauala Deene dressing I got has the following per serving:
2 tbsp
0g protein
2g carbs
I think 140 calories (I could be a little off here)
14g fat
135mg sodium

Most dressing has at least 240mg sodium so this is much lower especially if you like a fair amount of dressing

I have a terrible migraine this morning and a stomach ache. Hopefully I feel better shortly since I have a bunch of work to do today

Mary
Getting skinny LCHFMP!
Old 09-21-2012, 08:56 AM   #1506
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Flavia
Stats: lose 50lbs
Hope u feel better soon!!! I had a head ache yesterday...but it went away during the day...so hopefully urs will also!!!
As far as dressings, I usually make my own.,...no chemicals that way....
Flavia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 09:19 AM   #1507
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mommylaw
WOE: HHCG
Start Date: January 1, 2012
Thanks for all the responses!! I do need to watch my sodium because I swell up very easily. I'll so some experimenting and see what works for me.
mommylaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 11:08 AM   #1508
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AlieKatt
Stats: 272/229.8/150
WOE: Low carb, moderate protein, high fat
Start Date: July 2012
You know me, I tend to get down about TOM weight gain only. I know that as long as these lips don't go back to sugar and refined carbs, I am winning.
Yes, I would like to lose more quickly but the reality is I'm not however I went back into my journal and have lost 10 pounds in a month and that is substantial.
Hoping you feel better Mary. Rest up if you can.
AlieKatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 11:13 AM   #1509
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
You know me, I tend to get down about TOM weight gain only. I know that as long as these lips don't go back to sugar and refined carbs, I am winning.
Yes, I would like to lose more quickly but the reality is I'm not however I went back into my journal and have lost 10 pounds in a month and that is substantial.
Hoping you feel better Mary. Rest up if you can.
Yes that is GREAT!

I remember when I was on induction for many months and ii would be lucky if I lose 5 lbs in a month. Even with my couple of mess ups and marathon pms I still am averaging 3-3.5lbs lost per week. I think we are all doing outstanding. I am at day 16 in my cycle now and I already am not looking forward to pms weight gain and headaches lol. I have been laying around. I got most of my work done early so I am just goin to rest until I feel better
Old 09-21-2012, 11:22 AM   #1510
Blabbermouth!!!

Alie, 10lbs in a month is super great!!!!!
Old 09-21-2012, 01:47 PM   #1511
Senior LCF Member

Let's hope we all see an additional 10 pound loss soon!
Old 09-21-2012, 02:30 PM   #1512
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/bouncing again/127 5'2"
WOE: moderation
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011~ Moderation 3/15/14
10 lbs in a month is super exciting ! Happy for you Allie !
shelby'snana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 02:41 PM   #1513
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby'snana View Post
10 lbs in a month is super exciting ! Happy for you Allie !
Thanks you.... this can be you too. Eat your fat and keep to your percentages / grams!
Old 09-21-2012, 04:40 PM   #1514
Senior LCF Member

Well I only lost .2lbs today so no salad today and my calories were pretty far over yesterday but they aren't today so I should be back to a better loss tomorrow
Old 09-22-2012, 03:06 AM   #1515
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cheeeesecake
Stats: 218/174.25/154
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: Re-start 18 November 2013
10lbs!!! Way to go!!

I didn't weigh until late this morning and there was no loss. Wasn't expecting to lose because I ate too much chicken last night, but it was damn lovely so I don't really care!
cheeeesecake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 03:32 AM   #1516
Senior LCF Member

Morning! New virgin weight! 245.8. Yippie! I think I may just hit the 30's before my bday... what a gift that would be!

Chick, I love the PB! If I can keep it to a minimum I'll be OK - otherwise out it goes

Ccake- ouch! Poor you! Remember if taking pain relievers you may see your weight bounce a bit. It is only water retention. And yup, cream cheese clouds are good. My PB to die for...same concept. dangerous!

Welcome to the newbies!
Old 09-22-2012, 05:14 AM   #1517
Blabbermouth!!!

YAY!!!!!! Alie ur melting!!!!! WOOT WOOT
Old 09-22-2012, 08:26 AM   #1518
Senior LCF Member

Congrats Allie!!!!!

I am down .4 lbs already this morning so I KNOW today will be a big loss day very excited!
Old 09-22-2012, 08:27 AM   #1519
Blabbermouth!!!

YAY!!!! WOOT!!!!
Old 09-22-2012, 09:02 AM   #1520
Senior LCF Member

By the way, I was having pretty bad anxiety about a week ago and I looked into the vitamins I have been taking and used to take. I stopped taking my B complex, selenium and zinc since I wasn't sure it was doing anything. Well apparently B complex is a huge thing for anxiety so I started taking all 3 again plus my usual fish oil, NAC and prenatal and I feel like I am back to normal for the most part
Old 09-22-2012, 12:25 PM   #1521
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtBrownsWife View Post
Well I only lost .2lbs today so no salad today and my calories were pretty far over yesterday but they aren't today so I should be back to a better loss tomorrow
A loss is a loss... and its all about us getting to know our bodies and how they react to certain foods. We're a big ol' science experiment!
Old 09-22-2012, 12:26 PM   #1522
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Congrats Allie!!!!!

I am down .4 lbs already this morning so I KNOW today will be a big loss day very excited!
Don't you just love it when that scale moves in the right direction?!
Old 09-22-2012, 12:29 PM   #1523
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeeesecake View Post
10lbs!!! Way to go!!

I didn't weigh until late this morning and there was no loss. Wasn't expecting to lose because I ate too much chicken last night, but it was damn lovely so I don't really care!
Ccake I like your response to no loss. Sometimes we just need a little treat. As long as its low carb - its worth a one day stall. This same attitude is what is keeps me going. I do not want to be deprived.... if I feel deprived, I'll just binge on something bad.
Old 09-22-2012, 12:31 PM   #1524
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
By the way, I was having pretty bad anxiety about a week ago and I looked into the vitamins I have been taking and used to take. I stopped taking my B complex, selenium and zinc since I wasn't sure it was doing anything. Well apparently B complex is a huge thing for anxiety so I started taking all 3 again plus my usual fish oil, NAC and prenatal and I feel like I am back to normal for the most part
Very good move. I started the b vitamins for my anxiety and have really noticed a change. Some B's are also beneficial in converting proteins, carbs and fats to energy. Love em!
Old 09-22-2012, 12:33 PM   #1525
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
YAY!!!!!! Alie ur melting!!!!! WOOT WOOT
Thanks Chick. How are you doing. I've been thinking of you!! Hoping things are looking up on your end.
Old 09-22-2012, 12:42 PM   #1526
Blabbermouth!!!

I am ok......this morning almost ended up in the hospital again. My heart started racing again like it did a few days ago and I can't catch my breath and stuff.....well H is home and he wanted to drive me to the hospital or call the ambulance.....I laid down and it got better.....this time it came quicker and left faster (thank god) other then that I am fine.....no really.,,,,
my weight is the same. figures right .....after 2days of losing there will be the bounce.,...we got some paper work yesterday that we are in with the unemployment and now we are waiting for the exact amounts etc.....putting in for job applications online.....etc.....just a lot of paperwork really.......but we do it on the pc. I do as much as possible to help out, but some stuff he just has to do himself......
His brother called this morning and told him he (my husband) has a job offer through his wife (SIL) to work in DC (they live in VA and drive the train in). If he has to leave he will....he can live with them upstairs. In their house they build and I would have to stay here with the kids till they finish HS......its a last resort but at least we got one.....my family in germany has also offered to hire him on in the family business,......so he does have more options then most ppl that got laid off.....
It will be ok.....it has to be......

Last edited by Flavia; 09-22-2012 at 12:43 PM..
Old 09-22-2012, 12:53 PM   #1527
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cheeeesecake
Stats: 218/174.25/154
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: Re-start 18 November 2013
Quote:
Ccake I like your response to no loss. Sometimes we just need a little treat. As long as its low carb - its worth a one day stall. This same attitude is what is keeps me going. I do not want to be deprived.... if I feel deprived, I'll just binge on something bad.
Friday always used to be chicken fajita night and I've not had them for aggges! So I had tortilla-less fajitas and salad but I figured I'll have beef fajitas next time. I know what you mean about depriving yourself. I think that's why I've never stuck with previous diets, because I was depriving myself of everything and after a couple of days I'd end up having a huge binge.

I could quite happily binge on those cream cheese clouds though! They're dangerous!!
cheeeesecake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 01:08 PM   #1528
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I am ok......this morning almost ended up in the hospital again. My heart started racing again like it did a few days ago and I can't catch my breath and stuff.....well H is home and he wanted to drive me to the hospital or call the ambulance.....I laid down and it got better.....this time it came quicker and left faster (thank god) other then that I am fine.....no really.,,,,
my weight is the same. figures right .....after 2days of losing there will be the bounce.,...we got some paper work yesterday that we are in with the unemployment and now we are waiting for the exact amounts etc.....putting in for job applications online.....etc.....just a lot of paperwork really.......but we do it on the pc. I do as much as possible to help out, but some stuff he just has to do himself......
His brother called this morning and told him he (my husband) has a job offer through his wife (SIL) to work in DC (they live in VA and drive the train in). If he has to leave he will....he can live with them upstairs. In their house they build and I would have to stay here with the kids till they finish HS......its a last resort but at least we got one.....my family in germany has also offered to hire him on in the family business,......so he does have more options then most ppl that got laid off.....
It will be ok.....it has to be......
Are you having panic attacks? The symptoms appear that way and goodness knows that you have reason to feel stressed! DH just needs to keep putting 1 foot in front of the other- finding a job should be treated as an interim job until the new comes along. Easier said than done of course... but I work in HR and this is what we teach our clients. If there is anything I could do- like look over his CV, I'd be happy to do so. Not sure what I could offer but you never know. And you need to just keep breathing!
Good news is that he has a Plan B (even though far away from home).
I suspect your weight loss may slow a bit with everything going on but just keep sharing and that should help you navigate the stress.
Old 09-22-2012, 01:10 PM   #1529
Blabbermouth!!!

too sweet what would I do without u guys
Old 09-22-2012, 01:14 PM   #1530
Blabbermouth!!!

oh and this weight.......Its coming off......I have declared war on it.....no matter what....