LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2012, 11:17 AM   #691
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: janetsbreeze
Stats: 197/186.6/130; 5'2"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 19, 2011
Ok, here is what I ate yesterday -

B - Coffee w/ HWC and CO (2 coffees total, 4 tbls HWC, 2 tbls CO)
L - Tuna w/ Mayo over lettuce, full fat greek yogurt
D - Chicken crust pizza (recipe found on YourLighterSide blog)

Calories - 2000
Fat - 143 - 62%
Protein -170 - 33%
Carbs - 28 - 5%

This is not a typical menu, but the ratios are similar to what I have been eating.
I know I need to cut calories and protein.
Salt is playing havoc with me today, I know and it could very well be the 2 pounds worth that I have gained.

So, I am going to make a concentrated effort to UP the fat%, and LOWER the protein %.

Janet's Second Wind
janetsbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-2012, 11:53 AM   #692
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: manders
Stats: 232/191.1/140/5'8
WOE: hHCG
Start Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikerchick View Post
Thank you all for the warm welcome!! I will add to the salt issue..it's the devil in my book! Too much salt and I blow up like a float on Thanksgiving Day.. lol
I will start this plan tomorrow as I need to shop.
How many calories are each of you taking in?
LOL a float on Thanksgiving Day. That really made me laugh!!!

I was doing 1500 a day, but now I'm going to try to aim for 1300 a day.

Today is an egg day so 12 eggs plus I had 3 TB HWC and 1 TB of regular coffee cream.

Quote:
Originally Posted by g3rmanchik View Post
Lory I seem to be around 1500 little more some days others a little less, but ur taller then me. I don't really measure, I just eat when I am hungry and eat till I am not anymore...not till stuffed...and its mostly fat anyways so u can't just eat a ton of it anyways.....well I can't

Manders, HUGS, ja bacon is horrid on sodium.....and me.....can only like have one ever so often.....
I had 7 large pieces of really fatty bacon yesterday. I think I took it overboard lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by janetsbreeze View Post
Ok, here is what I ate yesterday -

B - Coffee w/ HWC and CO (2 coffees total, 4 tbls HWC, 2 tbls CO)
L - Tuna w/ Mayo over lettuce, full fat greek yogurt
D - Chicken crust pizza (recipe found on YourLighterSide blog)

Calories - 2000
Fat - 143 - 62%
Protein -170 - 33%
Carbs - 28 - 5%

This is not a typical menu, but the ratios are similar to what I have been eating.
I know I need to cut calories and protein.
Salt is playing havoc with me today, I know and it could very well be the 2 pounds worth that I have gained.

So, I am going to make a concentrated effort to UP the fat%, and LOWER the protein %.
I would recommend getting rid of the yogurt for sure. The protein is veeeery high. Over 3 times as much as you probably should be having. I would also try and keep the carbs below 20 if you can.

It's all about adjusting and learning. I went up .6 of a lb today. It sucks, but I have to ask myself, what did I learn from that?

1. No more than 4 pieces of bacon a day.
2. No eating meals at 10pm.
Old 09-04-2012, 11:57 AM   #693
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Flavia
Stats: lose 50lbs
Thanks Janet

ok, from first looking at it I only eat meat once a day and I eat/drink fat more often like maybe 6 times.....
I forgot if u work.....instead of lunch maybe a tea and/or almond milk with some nuts maybe?????
I don't think its all that bad ....I think ur doing great on ur carbs....way to go there!!!! carbs could be less if ur carb sensitive.....I forgot if u are or not....

Last edited by Flavia; 09-04-2012 at 12:00 PM..
Flavia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 12:02 PM   #694
Blabbermouth!!!

I think like Manders, getting rid of the yogurt for sure ( even if its greek) that will help with the carbs also I would think.....If you can and to play it safe I would keep the carbs under 20.
U can do it....it just takes some tweaking
Old 09-04-2012, 12:08 PM   #695
Senior LCF Member

I know lots of you girlies like almond milk, but when I picked up a carton of it in the store the other day, I noticed it has A LOT of carbs in it.

By the way, can you please explain what is in that pizza thing Janet? I honestly think you're missing some hidden carbs.
manders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 12:10 PM   #696
Blabbermouth!!!

I drink the unsweetened vanilla almond milk....has like 1carb....I think 1net carb...
Old 09-04-2012, 12:12 PM   #697
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I drink the unsweetened vanilla almond milk....has like 1carb....I think 1net carb...
Really? I looked at the unsweetened almond milk and it had like 20 grams per 1 cup. Must be a totally different brand!
Old 09-04-2012, 12:15 PM   #698
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AlieKatt
Stats: 272/229.8/150
WOE: Low carb, moderate protein, high fat
Start Date: July 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by manders View Post
I know lots of you girlies like almond milk, but when I picked up a carton of it in the store the other day, I noticed it has A LOT of carbs in it.

By the way, can you please explain what is in that pizza thing Janet? I honestly think you're missing some hidden carbs.
Mandy, it should not have a lot of carbs. Go to Loblaws and get UNSWEETEND. It should be 1 carb per 1 cup. I buy the Organics brand or Sea Breeze. What kind did you get?
AlieKatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 12:15 PM   #699
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlieKatt View Post
Mandy, it should not have a lot of carbs. Go to Loblaws and get UNSWEETEND. It should be 1 carb per 1 cup. I buy the Organics brand or Sea Breeze. What kind did you get?
**edit- just saw your last post about it being unsweetened.
Old 09-04-2012, 12:16 PM   #700
Senior LCF Member

I will take another look next time. Maybe I was looking at the wrong number or something!
Old 09-04-2012, 12:19 PM   #701
Blabbermouth!!!

Gosh u freaked me out, so I pulled it out of the fridge.....ok, its says 40calories
3.5g of fat
cholesterol 0
sodium 180mg
potassium 180mg
Total Carb 2g
Dietary fiber 1g
Sugars 0
Protein 1g
That is all per 1cup per serving. So with the fiber being 1 and the carbs being 2 it has 1net carb.
the brand is blue diamond.
Old 09-04-2012, 12:21 PM   #702
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Bikerchick
WOE: LC
Start Date: Oct 9 2012
Quote:
Gosh u freaked me out, so I pulled it out of the fridge.....ok, its says 40calories
3.5g of fat
cholesterol 0
sodium 180mg
potassium 180mg
Total Carb 2g
Dietary fiber 1g
Sugars 0
Protein 1g
That is all per 1cup per serving. So with the fiber being 1 and the carbs being 2 it has 1net carb.
the brand is blue diamond.
Is it in the fridge section?
Bikerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 12:21 PM   #703
Senior LCF Member

I must have been looking at a totally different kind of almond milk then because it was definitely way more calories too!

I will go to Superstore and get the blue diamond one! Thank you
Old 09-04-2012, 12:25 PM   #704
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
ja I buy the fresh one and the vanilla one....the unsweetened chocolate isn't bad either....yummo
Old 09-04-2012, 12:26 PM   #705
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by manders View Post
I must have been looking at a totally different kind of almond milk then because it was definitely way more calories too!

I will go to Superstore and get the blue diamond one! Thank you
Ja, there is a ton of them out there.....
Old 09-04-2012, 12:27 PM   #706
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Bikerchick
WOE: LC
Start Date: Oct 9 2012
Quote:
ja I buy the fresh one and the vanilla one....the unsweetened chocolate isn't bad either....yummo
Will have to check what we have here
Bikerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 12:31 PM   #707
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SgtBrownsWife
Stats: (height 5'10)254/206.8/145
WOE: LCHFMP
Start Date: 11/27/11
Mandy, I get the blue diamond brand and it is 1 carb per cup so definitely something wrong there LoL

Janet, if you are salt sensitive I would get rid of the tuna. Instead of things like chicken I would try hamburger or country ribs. Chicken is one of the lowest fat wise and highest protein wise. I put numbers for chicken, hamburger and country ribs a few pages back so you can see the exact percentages there. I would do more coconut oil and more things that are almost all fat and barely any protein. Like Christina I only eat meat once a day. My menu from yesterday is also a page or two back if you would like to see it.

Lory, the almond milk is right near the milk and creamer in the fridge section. I'm so glad you are joining us! I can't wait to see your progress.

Mary
Getting skinny LCHFMP!
SgtBrownsWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 01:15 PM   #708
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betty301
This thread moves FAST!!!!

I'm reading through, on page 15 but just wanted to say that Mary, you are really onto something here!

I ran across a book called 'The Art and Science of Low Carb Living.' There is a blog too..I don't know if I can post that here. Anywho!! It is based on the exact way you described your woe Mary..High Fat, Moderate Protein and Low Carb.

There is another thread in the 'challenge,' section here that is all about it..it's called Nutritional Ketosis.

Having said that all this and seeing everyone's results here, I'm going to take the plunge and concentrate on getting the fats higher and protein lower.

yay!!!
ok back to reading
betty301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 01:27 PM   #709
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by betty301 View Post
This thread moves FAST!!!!

I'm reading through, on page 15 but just wanted to say that Mary, you are really onto something here!

I ran across a book called 'The Art and Science of Low Carb Living.' There is a blog too..I don't know if I can post that here. Anywho!! It is based on the exact way you described your woe Mary..High Fat, Moderate Protein and Low Carb.

There is another thread in the 'challenge,' section here that is all about it..it's called Nutritional Ketosis.

Having said that all this and seeing everyone's results here, I'm going to take the plunge and concentrate on getting the fats higher and protein lower.

yay!!!
ok back to reading

Hi again Betty!!!

I'm glad to see you are joining us!! I will have to check that book out! Have you read enough to know what percentages the book recommends?
Old 09-04-2012, 01:55 PM   #710
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: janetsbreeze
Stats: 197/186.6/130; 5'2"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 19, 2011
Wow - this thread moves quickly!

Everyone, thank you for the advice on the yogurt, and eating meat only once a day. I think that sounds like a great plan for me to stick to.

Mandy, the chicken pizza is exactly that - a pizza crust made from a blend of ground chicken and cheese. No wheat, no carbs.
Heavy on the protein though.

I apparently need to get some almond milk for myself! I will look for the Blue Diamond one.

Thanks again all for helping me tweak!
janetsbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 02:11 PM   #711
Senior LCF Member

yep, I can give you percentages if you'd like!! My husband swiped the kindle but when he gets back in a bit I'll post it.

There is also another book(the art and science of low carb performance)

I read through the other thread I mentioned and it's full of good info!

So is this everyone's weight loss journal?
Old 09-04-2012, 02:23 PM   #712
Senior LCF Member

I can say though the numbers starts out higher. It prescribes 50grams of Carbs or less..and protein based on lean body mass, you can go lower than this. Fat makes up the rest of the calories.

According to the reading a lot of the ladies rely heavily on testing there ketones with a certain meter you can order online.

Obviously, if your not losing, your not in ketosis and you have to tweak something, right? I don't want to rely on meters and strips.

So how do you all handle free meals and the like?

That's not discussed in the books above. There are some plans where 'cheating,' is worked in.
Old 09-04-2012, 02:29 PM   #713
Blabbermouth!!!

Welcome Betty,

I eat what I want as long as its fattening (so to speak) I eat when I am hungry and till I am full, not stuffed.....I eat meat once a day....I like to drink my fat...so loads of decaf and tea with CO and HWC in it.....very little veggies right now (really next to nothing) maybe some cabbage for fiber....thats pretty much it....
I can't do a lot of CC cause too much stalls me.....and I am not too crazy about eggs ...though ever so often I will have some scrambled with pesto cooked in CO or butter.
And a ton of water and peppermint icetea....kinda boring but it works for now....eventually I will go back to paleo once I get closer to goal
Old 09-04-2012, 02:36 PM   #714
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I can say though the numbers starts out higher. It prescribes 50grams of Carbs or less..and protein based on lean body mass, you can go lower than this. Fat makes up the rest of the calories.

According to the reading a lot of the ladies rely heavily on testing there ketones with a certain meter you can order online.

Obviously, if your not losing, your not in ketosis and you have to tweak something, right? I don't want to rely on meters and strips.

That's not discussed in the books above. There are some plans where 'cheating,' is worked in.
I just started chapter 3. It is Defintely more of a dense book meant for scientific research and studies but extremely fascinating to me. It seems so far like it is less of a guide and more of a "here's the proof" kind of book. Most of us in here are going right along the lines of Steffansson's Intuit diet consisting of 15% protein, 80% or more fat and a few percent carbs. I may be finishing this book tonight, very interesting
Old 09-04-2012, 02:37 PM   #715
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

I stopped using any sort of ketosis test a few months ago. I know I am always in ketosis now. Free meals?
Old 09-04-2012, 02:39 PM   #716
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Everyone, thank you for the advice on the yogurt, and eating meat only once a day. I think that sounds like a great plan for me to stick to.

Mandy, the chicken pizza is exactly that - a pizza crust made from a blend of ground chicken and cheese. No wheat, no carbs.

I apparently need to get some almond milk for myself! I will look for the Blue Diamond one.

I'm glad we could help Janet! That's what we are here for
Old 09-04-2012, 02:42 PM   #717
Senior LCF Member

oh, you couldn't wait and you downloaded the books too? lol
which one did you get?

yes free meals,

Or if you just want some ice cream..or suuuushi Not everyday or even every week..just on occasion.

I'll have to look up this other diet! I love reading about this stuff.
Old 09-04-2012, 02:46 PM   #718
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

I actually looked your pizza up, and there's about 8-10 grams of carbs depending on the toppings. So if you didn't factor that into your daily intake, then that could be what affected you.
Old 09-04-2012, 02:56 PM   #719
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Here in Canada, it is in the heath food, gluten free area.
Old 09-04-2012, 03:05 PM   #720
Senior LCF Member

Here is a link to my ****** if anyone cares to take a looksey.
betty301 - free online diet and fitness journal
I need to get rid of the laughing cow thingies..they are delicious but also have 2 carbs a piece. I had 4 of them today