Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2012, 06:24 AM   #661
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Flavia
Stats: lose 50lbs
Mary, hope ur doing better this morning Like the siggy

I am getting intestinal pain now from the dairy, so I will have to get rid of it....I will replace the HWC with CO only and for more fat eat some macadamia nuts or pecans for fat....
gonna have to break down and log food till I get my fat straight with out the dairy....ugh..
Flavia is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-2012, 06:26 AM   #662
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AlieKatt
Stats: 272/229.8/150
WOE: Low carb, moderate protein, high fat
Start Date: July 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by g3rmanchik View Post
Well, I got on the scale with the new batteries in it and still got diff results....then I changed the batteries in the display unit and It looks now that I lost about 1+lbs, but still not back to virgin weight.....
So a loss is a loss right??????
A loss is a loss! Take it and don't look back! RUN!
AlieKatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 06:29 AM   #663
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

I am getting intestinal pain now from the dairy, so I will have to get rid of it....I will replace the HWC with CO only and for more fat eat some macadamia nuts or pecans for fat....
gonna have to break down and log food till I get my fat straight with out the dairy....ugh..
Have you always been sensitive to dairy? I too have been getting some cramping. Was not sure if it is the WOE or if it is the pregesterone or CO. It is not severe just there. Not caused by dairy because I don't take much HCW. Hmmm.

Its good to switch things up a bit.
Old 09-04-2012, 06:29 AM   #664
Blabbermouth!!!

Alie I was going to tell u that I entered the nuts into fitpal and pecans and macadamia nuts are almost the some amounts in fat, carbs, protein per oz....
I don't know up there, but down here pecans are waaaaayyyyy cheaper then macadamia nuts....I get a huge bag at costco's.....lasts forever..put it in the fridge so they don't get rancid....
one was 21 on fat and the other 20.....so its almost no diff
Old 09-04-2012, 06:30 AM   #665
Blabbermouth!!!

Ja, I am allergic to dairy both the sugar and the protein of it....lololol I was just pushing my luck...I knew it was going to happen sooner then later
Old 09-04-2012, 07:21 AM   #666
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SgtBrownsWife
Stats: (height 5'10)254/206.8/145
WOE: LCHFMP
Start Date: 11/27/11
Hi Ladies!!!!

Congrats on your losses!!!

I went ahead and weighed yesterday to see what the progesterone had done to me (always makes me gain water) and I lost a pound from yesterday. I'm still 1 pound over my lowest weight but I'll take it since progesterone makes me into an elephant usually LOL. My boobs hurt 1,000 times worse this morning and I have never not had a period when that happens so I know it is coming for sure. I'm hopin Ina couple of days and not a full week or something. I'm okay with waiting as long as it doesn't stall me.

I am happy to report my crazy hunger and cravings didn't come yesterday since I didn't take te progesterone and NO crying or mood swings!!! I was so worried it might take days to get back to normal. I am so relieved.

Welcome Cheesecake!!!

We are happy to have you!!! I can't wait to see your progress!!!

Mary
Getting skinny LCHFMP!
SgtBrownsWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:23 AM   #667
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Thank you

That stinks abOut the dairy the good thing is you have managed to eat this crazy plan successfully so you for sure can figure out a way to eliminate dairy if you can handle this plan LOL
Old 09-04-2012, 07:37 AM   #668
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Alie I was going to tell u that I entered the nuts into fitpal and pecans and macadamia nuts are almost the some amounts in fat, carbs, protein per oz....
I don't know up there, but down here pecans are waaaaayyyyy cheaper then macadamia nuts....I get a huge bag at costco's.....lasts forever..put it in the fridge so they don't get rancid....
one was 21 on fat and the other 20.....so its almost no diff
Yeah! I can def. get Pecans!! I'll stop by Cosco tonight. If they don't have them most grocery stores have them. Great news! Thanks!
Old 09-04-2012, 07:38 AM   #669
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Ja, I am allergic to dairy both the sugar and the protein of it....lololol I was just pushing my luck...I knew it was going to happen sooner then later
You were pushng your luck!! I am intolerant to eggs and I too am pushing it...
Old 09-04-2012, 07:40 AM   #670
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtBrownsWife View Post
Hi Ladies!!!!

Congrats on your losses!!!

I went ahead and weighed yesterday to see what the progesterone had done to me (always makes me gain water) and I lost a pound from yesterday. I'm still 1 pound over my lowest weight but I'll take it since progesterone makes me into an elephant usually LOL. My boobs hurt 1,000 times worse this morning and I have never not had a period when that happens so I know it is coming for sure. I'm hopin Ina couple of days and not a full week or something. I'm okay with waiting as long as it doesn't stall me.

I am happy to report my crazy hunger and cravings didn't come yesterday since I didn't take te progesterone and NO crying or mood swings!!! I was so worried it might take days to get back to normal. I am so relieved.

Welcome Cheesecake!!!

We are happy to have you!!! I can't wait to see your progress!!!
Down a pound is GOOD. No cravings or mood swings is GOOD. You'll be on track before you know it. At least the scale is moving in the right direction.

Old 09-04-2012, 07:47 AM   #671
Blabbermouth!!!

here is a mayo recipe for those interested:

Mayo (adapted from Mastering the Art of French Cooking)
2 egg yolks
lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, or other vinegar
mustard (optional)
salt
1 1/2-2 cups of oil

Beat egg yolks until they look thick and sticky, add ingredients except oil continue beating, eggs yolks should still look thick, very slowly drizzle oil in while continuously mixing, the mayo should emulsify. There are fixes in various places if it "breaks" but the only time that happened I just added stuff to it and turned it into a runny salad dressing.

ok, now I have to read back....
Old 09-04-2012, 07:51 AM   #672
Blabbermouth!!!

woohoo Mary, so happy for you!!!!! I put the pms avi up for you so u can be remembered at the good side of all that misery.....but best part is you don't even need it now...yay
and losing while pms'ing and on hormones and TOM coming and still losing is unheard of!!!!
CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-04-2012, 07:59 AM   #673
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
here is a mayo recipe for those interested:

Mayo (adapted from Mastering the Art of French Cooking)
2 egg yolks
lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, or other vinegar
mustard (optional)
salt
1 1/2-2 cups of oil

Beat egg yolks until they look thick and sticky, add ingredients except oil continue beating, eggs yolks should still look thick, very slowly drizzle oil in while continuously mixing, the mayo should emulsify. There are fixes in various places if it "breaks" but the only time that happened I just added stuff to it and turned it into a runny salad dressing.

ok, now I have to read back....
Yum! I like recipes that are simple and clean.
Old 09-04-2012, 08:07 AM   #674
Blabbermouth!!!

Ditto Alie
Old 09-04-2012, 08:54 AM   #675
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
woohoo Mary, so happy for you!!!!! I put the pms avi up for you so u can be remembered at the good side of all that misery.....but best part is you don't even need it now...yay
and losing while pms'ing and on hormones and TOM coming and still losing is unheard of!!!!
CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!
Aww thank u!!! That made me feel better. I never thought of it like that! your Avi is hilarious!
Old 09-04-2012, 09:03 AM   #676
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Bikerchick
WOE: LC
Start Date: Oct 9 2012
Hi all, jumping in here to join you, hope you don't mind. Thanks christina for the link. I read through the posts, and wow this coincides with the fatty liver reversal book I am reading. The reduction of glycogen forces the liver to flush the fat so to speak. I find this very interesting that ya'll are losing the weight quick. Like the liver is starting to rev up and work properly. As you know the liver regulates your metabolism;it's not just the thyroid and hormones.
Bikerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:05 AM   #677
Blabbermouth!!!

Yay, welcome Lory.......glad u stopped in and hopefully u will stay....we need all ur wisdom of all that stuff u read and all!!!!! woo hoo!!!!
See already that stuff with the liver I didn't know that.....cool. No wonder I feel so much better

Last edited by Flavia; 09-04-2012 at 09:07 AM..
Old 09-04-2012, 09:11 AM   #678
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: janetsbreeze
Stats: 197/186.6/130; 5'2"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 19, 2011
Cheeesecake, re: hollandaise, it makes 4 large servings. I'm not sure if it can be stored as we had none left over! And Welcome!

Ok, I am doing something wrong. I have gained 2 pounds. I feel so defeated.
My caloric intake is soooo high because I can't seem to balance the fat/protein ratio. I'm eating upwards of 2000 calories a day and that's a lot for me.
I don't eat breakfast, as I have no time in the morning. I have coffee w/ HWC and CO. I have lunch and dinner.
I cook or help cook for 3 people and it's hard to explain and/or eat drastically differently from them. Plus, finances don't allow me to buy costly (for me) things like macadamia nuts.
I just feel stuck right now and down.

Janet's Second Wind
janetsbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:14 AM   #679
Blabbermouth!!!

Janet, sorry to hear .....first of all buy pecan's they are way cheaper......
maybe u could put ur foods up here so we can go over them with you??????

Nobody in my fam eats like I do either....so for now I eat by myself or I answer them that my belly doesn't feel good and I have to eat like that right now.....that usually satisfies the curiosity....lololol
Old 09-04-2012, 09:32 AM   #680
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: janetsbreeze
Stats: 197/186.6/130; 5'2"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 19, 2011
Thanks Christina. Yesterday I ate a LOT of salt, but drank a ton of water.
I think my calorie intake is just too high. I'm short and have a small frame. I will look into the pecans.
janetsbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:39 AM   #681
Blabbermouth!!!

Janet, I can't do salt...even sea salt....I am pre diabetic and very insulin sensitive and most ppl that are insulin sensitive are also very salt (sodium) sensitive.....
Old 09-04-2012, 09:45 AM   #682
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikerchick View Post
Hi all, jumping in here to join you, hope you don't mind. Thanks christina for the link. I read through the posts, and wow this coincides with the fatty liver reversal book I am reading. The reduction of glycogen forces the liver to flush the fat so to speak. I find this very interesting that ya'll are losing the weight quick. Like the liver is starting to rev up and work properly. As you know the liver regulates your metabolism;it's not just the thyroid and hormones.
Hi Lory!!!

We are happy to have you!
Old 09-04-2012, 09:47 AM   #683
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by janetsbreeze View Post
Cheeesecake, re: hollandaise, it makes 4 large servings. I'm not sure if it can be stored as we had none left over! And Welcome!

My caloric intake is soooo high because I can't seem to balance the fat/protein ratio. I'm eating upwards of 2000 calories a day and that's a lot for me.
I don't eat breakfast, as I have no time in the morning. I have coffee w/ HWC and CO. I have lunch and dinner.
I cook or help cook for 3 people and it's hard to explain and/or eat drastically differently from them. Plus, finances don't allow me to buy costly (for me) things like macadamia nuts.

I'm so sorry you are struggling. Like Christina said if you put your food up here we can probably help. Most of the time a fresh set of eyes helps. Salt also absolutely kills me no matter how much water I drink.
Old 09-04-2012, 09:50 AM   #684
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: manders
Stats: 232/191.1/140/5'8
WOE: hHCG
Start Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtBrownsWife View Post
Awww don't feel bad!!! You would have never done that on purpose and you are fixing it now. Most people would never have noticed so
He is a lucky little guy
I hope so! I'm about to run out from work to grab some baby food at the store for him. Good to hear you're feeling better today with the exception of the boobs lol

Quote:
Well, I got on the scale with the new batteries in it and still got diff results....then I changed the batteries in the display unit and It looks now that I lost about 1+lbs, but still not back to virgin weight.....
So a loss is a loss right??????
Scales suck. I should change the batteries in mine. Sometimes I get 6 different weights spanning 2 lbs in the mornings.

Quote:

Hmmm. Can you post an entire menu of what you've eaten? I don't eat macadamia nuts either. It's not a finance issue, I'm just too lazy to go to the other grocery store to find them. We do need more info to help you.

--

I knew eating all that bacon for breakfast and then avocado and chicken salad late at night wouldn't do my body good. Up to 179.0 this morning. Retaining major water I'm doing a true egg day today even though I'm sick of them. Forcing it on myself. I know it will give me a good drop tomorrow.

Having a super stressful day. Work-related/client issues so I can't really talk about it but it's making me just want to curl up in a ball and cry. I cannot wait to go on vacation on sunday and just put it behind me for a week!
Old 09-04-2012, 10:11 AM   #685
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikerchick View Post
Welcome!!! I'm a crazy dog lady and love your Avitar!

Can't wait to see how you do.

Last edited by AlieKatt; 09-04-2012 at 10:12 AM..
Old 09-04-2012, 10:14 AM   #686
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Don't give up Jan... we all struggled in the first week or so to get it right! You'll get it! I'm going to continue reading and if you have not already provided a menu for us to see, I'll come back and ask for one.

HANG TIGHT!
Old 09-04-2012, 10:18 AM   #687
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by manders View Post
I hope so! I'm about to run out from work to grab some baby food at the store for him. Good to hear you're feeling better today with the exception of the boobs lol

Scales suck. I should change the batteries in mine. Sometimes I get 6 different weights spanning 2 lbs in the mornings.

Hmmm. Can you post an entire menu of what you've eaten? I don't eat macadamia nuts either. It's not a finance issue, I'm just too lazy to go to the other grocery store to find them. We do need more info to help you.

--

I knew eating all that bacon for breakfast and then avocado and chicken salad late at night wouldn't do my body good. Up to 179.0 this morning. Retaining major water I'm doing a true egg day today even though I'm sick of them. Forcing it on myself. I know it will give me a good drop tomorrow.

Having a super stressful day. Work-related/client issues so I can't really talk about it but it's making me just want to curl up in a ball and cry. I cannot wait to go on vacation on sunday and just put it behind me for a week!
Mandy! Its just water! You hold tight and don't give up yet. There are other things to eat other than eggs. You are number one and come before you clients and their drama. Maybe we can all help you create a menu that you could stick to and enjoy- one without too many eggs?
Old 09-04-2012, 10:43 AM   #688
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: manders
Stats: 232/191.1/140/5'8
WOE: hHCG
Start Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlieKatt View Post
Mandy! Its just water! You hold tight and don't give up yet. There are other things to eat other than eggs. You are number one and come before you clients and their drama. Maybe we can all help you create a menu that you could stick to and enjoy- one without too many eggs?
I actually do really like eggs, they're a real diuretic. I've read quite a few of the "egg fast" threads on here and almost everyone seems to have great success with it, so I'll do it today and see how tomorrow goes. I just feel fat today.

No bacon for moi today.

Oh, I was also going to bring my clouds to work as a snack and I forgot them completely.
manders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:44 AM   #689
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Bikerchick
WOE: LC
Start Date: Oct 9 2012
Thank you all for the warm welcome!! I will add to the salt issue..it's the devil in my book! Too much salt and I blow up like a float on Thanksgiving Day.. lol
I will start this plan tomorrow as I need to shop.
How many calories are each of you taking in?
Bikerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:57 AM   #690
Blabbermouth!!!

Lory I seem to be around 1500 little more some days others a little less, but ur taller then me. I don't really measure, I just eat when I am hungry and eat till I am not anymore...not till stuffed...and its mostly fat anyways so u can't just eat a ton of it anyways.....well I can't

Manders, HUGS, ja bacon is horrid on sodium.....and me.....can only like have one ever so often.....