Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2012, 05:23 PM   #571
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: manders
Stats: 232/191.1/140/5'8
WOE: hHCG
Start Date: Feb 2012
Aw dang, I don't have almond milk. LAME!

Everyone is all over this coconut oil. Does it actually taste like coconuts? I veeery much dislike coconuts lol
manders is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-02-2012, 05:25 PM   #572
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SgtBrownsWife
Stats: (height 5'10)254/206.8/145
WOE: LCHFMP
Start Date: 11/27/11
I have been reading up more on taking natural progesterone to jump start my period and it looks as though I may need to take it for 7 days instead of 3 to insure it works because if it didn't work I would have to start ALL over again . It is making me SO tired ALL day. Hopefully I won't be a complete beached whale from all of the water by the end of the 7 days lol.
SgtBrownsWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 05:28 PM   #573
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: junkn
Stats: 138/107/105
Quote:
Originally Posted by manders View Post

Everyone is all over this coconut oil. Does it actually taste like coconuts? I veeery much dislike coconuts lol
i had it for the first time today. have read SO MUCH about it and how great it is. i actually liked the way it tasted in my coffee. i did read to take it slow but of course i didn't and had 2 T so i felt a little sick a little after. i love the way it smells and the taste of coconut is very faint.

but supposedly its supposed to be really good for weightloss and overall health. i don't plan on taking it again until P3 probably cause it has a lot of calories.
junkn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 05:28 PM   #574
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

It doesn't to me at all! It tastes oily and gross if you don't cover the taste well. In my coffee I don't even taste a hint of coconut. You could add some cinnamon to mask the taste even further. I am not a huge fan of it in general but it works wonders for me. I read saturated fat can help you lose best out of all fats and coconut oil's fat is like 90% saturated so I think that's why it works so well not to mention there isn't any protein in it so its a great source to up fat.
Old 09-02-2012, 05:29 PM   #575
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
Cathy so glad you are ok !!

Christina love the new avi ! So sweet !

Allie - you are so brave sharing your story with us. Really respect you for that ! So sorry you had to go through so much, but yes, you sound awesome and like you have gotten your life together so well ! WTG !
shelby'snana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 05:38 PM   #576
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkn View Post
i had it for the first time today. have read SO MUCH about it and how great it is. i actually liked the way it tasted in my coffee. i did read to take it slow but of course i didn't and had 2 T so i felt a little sick a little after. i love the way it smells and the taste of coconut is very faint.

but supposedly its supposed to be really good for weightloss and overall health. i don't plan on taking it again until P3 probably cause it has a lot of calories.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtBrownsWife View Post
It doesn't to me at all! It tastes oily and gross if you don't cover the taste well. In my coffee I don't even taste a hint of coconut. You could add some cinnamon to mask the taste even further. I am not a huge fan of it in general but it works wonders for me. I read saturated fat can help you lose best out of all fats and coconut oil's fat is like 90% saturated so I think that's why it works so well not to mention there isn't any protein in it so its a great source to up fat.
sounds good, thanks ladies.

I think I'm doing well with upping my fat just by eating my bacon hahahaha
Old 09-02-2012, 05:41 PM   #577
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Flavia
Stats: lose 50lbs
Manders, u didn't post urs
Flavia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 06:03 PM   #578
Senior LCF Member

I'm transitioning to a more egg based fast, so...

Lunch
3 eggs
4 bacon
HWC in coffee

Dinner
4 eggs
2 tb mayo

2 more coffees
Old 09-02-2012, 06:21 PM   #579
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AlieKatt
Stats: 272/229.8/150
WOE: Low carb, moderate protein, high fat
Start Date: July 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby'snana View Post
Cathy so glad you are ok !!

Christina love the new avi ! So sweet !

Allie - you are so brave sharing your story with us. Really respect you for that ! So sorry you had to go through so much, but yes, you sound awesome and like you have gotten your life together so well ! WTG !
Thank you.
AlieKatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 06:29 PM   #580
Senior LCF Member

2 eggs
1 tbs of cc
1 tbs of butter
1 cup of almond milk
2 tbs of co

1/2 cup of coffee
1/2 cup of almond milk
dash of cinnamon
2 tbs of co

2 oz of feta cheese
5 small green olives
2 garlic cloves
1 tbs of olive oil

country ribs (Thanks Mary)
dash of onion salt, paprika and chilli powder
1/2 cup of cooked spinach
1 tbs of butter

Calories 1503
Carbs 10 g
protein 45 g

Percentages:
Fat 85%
Carbs 3%
Protein 13%

Night, night!
Old 09-02-2012, 06:37 PM   #581
Senior LCF Member

Nice! So far today I'm at 81% fat, 4 carbs and 56 protein.

I'm thinking of actually having something with a tiny bit of carbs in it, because i'm quite dizzy.
Old 09-02-2012, 07:07 PM   #582
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlieKatt View Post
2 eggs
1 tbs of cc
1 tbs of butter
1 cup of almond milk
2 tbs of co

1/2 cup of coffee
1/2 cup of almond milk
dash of cinnamon
2 tbs of co

2 oz of feta cheese
5 small green olives
2 garlic cloves
1 tbs of olive oil

country ribs (Thanks Mary)
dash of onion salt, paprika and chilli powder
1/2 cup of cooked spinach
1 tbs of butter

Calories 1503
Carbs 10 g
protein 45 g

Percentages:
Fat 85%
Carbs 3%
Protein 13%

Night, night!

That all sounds great!!!
Old 09-02-2012, 07:08 PM   #583
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Nice! So far today I'm at 81% fat, 4 carbs and 56 protein.

I'm thinking of actually having something with a tiny bit of carbs in it, because i'm quite dizzy.
If you are under 15g you are definitely okay to eat more and even under 20 for most people. I did that last night and it made me feel much better!
Old 09-02-2012, 07:13 PM   #584
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
If you are under 15g you are definitely okay to eat more and even under 20 for most people. I did that last night and it made me feel much better!
I agree. I had a few tablespoons of peanut butter (yes, only a few!!!!) and I feel better already. 4g of carbos was just too low for me. I've probably had about 20g now.
Old 09-02-2012, 07:23 PM   #585
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I agree. I had a few tablespoons of peanut butter (yes, only a few!!!!) and I feel better already. 4g of carbos was just too low for me. I've probably had about 20g now.
Yay for a few!!
I'm about to eat my 3 eggs with half a cup of green beans. Wasn't hungry until now and since my progesterone has been makin me starvin I don't want to eat anything unless I'm really hungry.

On another note, I really need new jeans but I seem to be between sizes. I am a size 16 some times but 18 is too big now. I feel confused when I go into stores now. I guess that's a good thing lol. I have been living in sweats since I don't want to buy a bunch of clothes that won't fit really soon. I am getting SO anxious to get moving again. I seriously HATE hormones. They rain all over my parade. I think me losing so much so fast these last few weeks is what made them wake up and go crazy on me. It's so hard riding them out. I have no idea where all of this came from. Sorry for the rambling LOL
Old 09-02-2012, 07:49 PM   #586
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Yay for a few!!
I'm about to eat my 3 eggs with half a cup of green beans. Wasn't hungry until now and since my progesterone has been makin me starvin I don't want to eat anything unless I'm really hungry.

On another note, I really need new jeans but I seem to be between sizes. I am a size 16 some times but 18 is too big now. I feel confused when I go into stores now. I guess that's a good thing lol. I have been living in sweats since I don't want to buy a bunch of clothes that won't fit really soon. I am getting SO anxious to get moving again. I seriously HATE hormones. They rain all over my parade. I think me losing so much so fast these last few weeks is what made them wake up and go crazy on me. It's so hard riding them out. I have no idea where all of this came from. Sorry for the rambling LOL
Hmmm. Honestly, my opinion on the whole PMS thing is to ride it out. Don't go nuts, but don't make yourself miserable, right? I will fully admit to eating m&m's when I had super bad PMS the other week. Bad idea? Yes. Did it prevent me from killing my entire family? Yes.

As for the clothes thing, I would stick it out in yoga pants. I made the mistake of buying new jeans and then they were too big for me a couple weeks later. Now I have to wash them after every wear and put them in a HOT dryer.

I remember the days when I was so afraid of my jeans shrinking. Now they're almost all too big with the exception of one pair, which fit like a glove. Just stick with yoga pants. What about leggings? I have like 400 pairs of leggings.

I actually wear a lot of skirts now. Even mini skirts. Except it's just about fall now in Canada which means snow could come at any time
Old 09-02-2012, 09:05 PM   #587
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hmmm. Honestly, my opinion on the whole PMS thing is to ride it out. Don't go nuts, but don't make yourself miserable, right? I will fully admit to eating m&m's when I had super bad PMS the other week. Bad idea? Yes. Did it prevent me from killing my entire family? Yes.

As for the clothes thing, I would stick it out in yoga pants. I made the mistake of buying new jeans and then they were too big for me a couple weeks later. Now I have to wash them after every wear and put them in a HOT dryer.

I remember the days when I was so afraid of my jeans shrinking. Now they're almost all too big with the exception of one pair, which fit like a glove. Just stick with yoga pants. What about leggings? I have like 400 pairs of leggings.

I actually wear a lot of skirts now. Even mini skirts. Except it's just about fall now in Canada which means snow could come at any time

I cheated last Friday and ate a medium fry and some pickles. I have been PMSing for 18 dys now I believe. It's NEVER ending lol.

I do pretty much only wear yoga pants now. I have one pair Of jeans that actually fit that I wear if I need to be presentable. I use to wear mini skirts ALL the time. I can't wait to wear those with ugg boots this winter! It's never super cold here so you can get away with a skirt with boots and a jacket man I woul love to see snow again!!!

Last edited by SgtBrownsWife; 09-02-2012 at 09:06 PM..
Old 09-02-2012, 09:09 PM   #588
Senior LCF Member

You could come live here, I bet it will snow before September is over.
Old 09-02-2012, 09:12 PM   #589
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
You could come live here, I bet it will snow before September is over.
Oh my gosh that is SO crazy! It's so the opposite here. I woul live to have a white Christmas . I really need to go on vacation somewhere cold this year. That's the only thing I really dislike here. We only have 2 seasons: hot and a little chilly lol.
Old 09-02-2012, 09:23 PM   #590
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Oh my gosh that is SO crazy! It's so the opposite here. I woul live to have a white Christmas . I really need to go on vacation somewhere cold this year. That's the only thing I really dislike here. We only have 2 seasons: hot and a little chilly lol.
haha what qualifies as "a little chilly"? A little chilly here would be 0 degrees fahrenheit lol
Old 09-02-2012, 09:41 PM   #591
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
haha what qualifies as "a little chilly"? A little chilly here would be 0 degrees fahrenheit lol
LOL hmm probably 35-40 at the low end. The coldest i can remember is 29.
Old 09-02-2012, 09:46 PM   #592
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
LOL hmm probably 35-40 at the low end. The coldest i can remember is 29.
Aw jeez lol that's warm girl!
Old 09-03-2012, 04:45 AM   #593
Senior LCF Member

Morning!
Down again! 252.2 I don't have my journal with me but I believe we are at 4lbs lost!

Mary- it gets very cold here in Canada! Here in Ottawa we have the world's largest skating rink (outdoors) and a huge festival called Winterlude. Google it! The city turns into a Winter Wonderland with ice skulptures and ice slides and skating and sleigh rides and beaver tails and... But too be honest, nothing is as beautiful as the Rockies in Manders side of the country. Great skiing. Great people.

Well it is a long weekend here and I have today off- going to enjoy kicking back and doing nothing!! Should be doing schoolwork. BLAH!
Old 09-03-2012, 05:58 AM   #594
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning all

Alie that is soooo great!!!! Sooooo happy for you!!!! Keep it up woot!!!
Old 09-03-2012, 06:27 AM   #595
Blabbermouth!!!

Well, stepped on the scale this morning 5x and got 5 diff weights.....so I guess my batteries need changing also......grrrrr
So I can't report anything good, sorry

But all the weights (all 5) were higher then yesterday, so I must have an up day today...water weight or something....must be water since I ate the exact same thing 2days in a roll. Yesterday I had a loss of 1.3lbs so today I am guessing I have a gain????? Has to be water.....ugh
I wish I could look inside my body and see what is going on...lolololol

Last edited by Flavia; 09-03-2012 at 06:37 AM..
Old 09-03-2012, 07:15 AM   #596
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: janetsbreeze
Stats: 197/186.6/130; 5'2"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 19, 2011
Geez, I am gone for one day and you all have pages for me to catch up on!!!

I am still figuring out my percentages as i go, still working out how to keep my protein down and fat up. The carbs thing I have figured out, but the protein to fat ratio is still giving me trouble. I haven't weighed either as my scale is in a very inconvenient spot. Plus my hands are quite swollen today and not sure why.

I totally hear you all on the addictive personality. I'm a binge eater and would eat vast quantities in secret, hiding the evidence. Boxes of donuts, bags of chips, candy, pizza - all at one sitting.
Eating this high fat really helps with that.

Janet's Second Wind
janetsbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 08:48 AM   #597
Senior LCF Member

I love the idea of sharing our daily menus from time to time- gives us all meal ideas.
Have done some cooking today, preparing for the work week.

Made chocolate whip cream
Oopsi rolls
coconut bark

I saw a recipie with PB and CO that looked like fudge- going to go searching for it.
Old 09-03-2012, 08:50 AM   #598
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
YEAH MANDERS! Only a few! Keep it up girlie.
Old 09-03-2012, 08:53 AM   #599
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by g3rmanchik View Post
Well, stepped on the scale this morning 5x and got 5 diff weights.....so I guess my batteries need changing also......grrrrr
So I can't report anything good, sorry

But all the weights (all 5) were higher then yesterday, so I must have an up day today...water weight or something....must be water since I ate the exact same thing 2days in a roll. Yesterday I had a loss of 1.3lbs so today I am guessing I have a gain????? Has to be water.....ugh
I wish I could look inside my body and see what is going on...lolololol
I'm having the same problem with my scale. Need to change the baterie. Don't dispare, I know you are down- your body is just readjusting. The whoosh is coming!!
Old 09-03-2012, 08:59 AM   #600
Blabbermouth!!!

Totals 1,316 13 121 29 4 7
Calories Carbs Fat Protein Fiber Sugar

I went and logged my food from yesterday and this is ABOUT what it was at a minimum...probably a bit more fat and a bit more cals...

Thanks Alie, ur so sweet....wonna share ur recipes???????