Old 09-02-2012, 01:34 PM   #541
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SgtBrownsWife
Stats: (height 5'10)254/206.8/145
WOE: LCHFMP
Start Date: 11/27/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by manders View Post
Thanks girls. I've been trying to get back into writing my food diaries, so that I THINK about why I'm eating, and then I can identify certain feelings when I do.

Mary - I love my animals sooo much
Having my food in a diary has helped me SO much. When you do that there isnt any fudging numbers or thinking you're doing okay when all the while something isn't right. I have done it without a diary many times and I always find I am doing something wrong eventually. Not to mention if I'm going to do something wrong I would much rather it be donuts or something really bad LOL
SgtBrownsWife is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-02-2012, 02:09 PM   #542
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: manders
Stats: 232/191.1/140/5'8
WOE: hHCG
Start Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtBrownsWife View Post
Having my food in a diary has helped me SO much. When you do that there isnt any fudging numbers or thinking you're doing okay when all the while something isn't right. I have done it without a diary many times and I always find I am doing something wrong eventually. Not to mention if I'm going to do something wrong I would much rather it be donuts or something really bad LOL
Definitely.

I've always been pretty good about tracking my calories, but what seems to help me more is just writing down why I'm eating, what feelings I'm having, my hunger scale, and then how I feel during and after. It makes me a much more "conscious" eater, and really helps with my binges.

Today my goal is to not eat again until I'm actually physically hungry, instead of eating when I'm bored or sad.
manders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 02:49 PM   #543
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Definitely.

I've always been pretty good about tracking my calories, but what seems to help me more is just writing down why I'm eating, what feelings I'm having, my hunger scale, and then how I feel during and after. It makes me a much more "conscious" eater, and really helps with my binges.

Today my goal is to not eat again until I'm actually physically hungry, instead of eating when I'm bored or sad.
That's a great goal once you learn the root of the problem it will cut back your urge tO eat out of emotion I'm sure. I use to do That a lot and forgiving some people in my past really helped with that. I figured out that was the problem after many years of struggles.
Old 09-02-2012, 03:02 PM   #544
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AlieKatt
Stats: 272/229.8/150
WOE: Low carb, moderate protein, high fat
Start Date: July 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtBrownsWife View Post
Allie, I am so sorry about all of your troubles. No one deserves that. I am so glad things are so much better for you now. It seems as though you have taken all of those troubles and turned into a pretty awesome person
What a sweet thing to say... thanks!
AlieKatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 03:04 PM   #545
Senior LCF Member

Surprised! I'm actually hungry right now. I think I might have an egg scramble.
Old 09-02-2012, 03:05 PM   #546
Senior LCF Member

Another typo! I've been clean since 2001! Oh my, I need to slow down when typing!! Hope you all had a great day.
Old 09-02-2012, 03:07 PM   #547
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlieKatt View Post
Another typo! I've been clean since 2001! Oh my, I need to slow down when typing!! Hope you all had a great day.
That's soooo awesome! 11 years!
Old 09-02-2012, 03:17 PM   #548
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
That's soooo awesome! 11 years!
I've been catching up, you girls were BUSY this afternoon! That is AMAZING!

Yep, 11 years without drugs. And greatful.

Manders, I'm sorry about your Gerbil. I have two daschunds and they are my life (no children). Doesn't matter how big or small, an animal lover loves their animal like a child.

I too have to watch myself with alcohol. I would only drink maybe 3 times a year but boy oh boy would I make up for lost time. I would drink to passout or blackout. I am also not the happiest drunk and I hated that about my mother so I'd just rather pass. I will have a glass of wine with dinner at xmas or thanksgiving but more than that...not worth it.

So congrats to you all for sharing! We are not alone and you don't have to feel ashamed or alone.

Last edited by AlieKatt; 09-02-2012 at 03:19 PM..
Old 09-02-2012, 03:21 PM   #549
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mcchimento
Stats: 261.8/238.0/140.0
WOE: Atkins '72 mostly with a sprinkle of DANDR
Start Date: NOW!!! Restart date: 1/12/2014
Hey everybody,

I didn't float away from the face of the earth but I almost melted away. We FINALLY got power back today since Tuesday night during the hurricane. OMG!!!! The storm was not so bad but the humidity and being without power almost did me in. I tried for days up until Friday to be good and eat on plan but we just were running out of protein options and fat options (melting in the quickly defrosting refrigerators). I haven't weighed in because we were running to my mother in law's house every night for the last two nights since she did get her power back rather quickly. I think we did too since it wasn't suppose to be until Tuesday. Lots of the city are still without power so I feel lucky. I am going to weigh in tomorrow, have been able to get a few things to eat to get me started BACK on track. Miss you guys terribly and I see that I have lots to catch up on. Hi to all the new people and look forward to talking to you all!

Start weight: 261.8
Goal #1: 251.8 (-10 lbs.) met 1/21/2014
Goal #2: 241.8 (-10 lbs.) met 2/19/2014
Goal #3: 231.8 (-10 lbs.)
Goal #4: 221.8 (-10 lbs.)
Goal #5: 211.8 (-10 lbs.)
Goal #6: 201.8 (-10 lbs.)
Mini goal: 199.8 (-2 lbs.)
mcchimento is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 03:21 PM   #550
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Flavia
Stats: lose 50lbs
Alie

Cathy, thank goodness u checked in. Been worried about u.....

Last edited by Flavia; 09-02-2012 at 03:23 PM..
Flavia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 03:23 PM   #551
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I've been catching up, you girls were BUSY this afternoon! That is AMAZING!

Yep, 11 years without drugs. And greatful.

Manders, I'm sorry about your Gerbil. I have two daschunds and they are my life (no children). Doesn't matter how big or small, an animal lover loves their animal like a child.

I too have to watch myself with alcohol. I would only drink maybe 3 times a year but boy oh boy would I make up for lost time. I would drink to passout or blackout. I am also not the happiest drunk and I hated that about my mother so I'd just rather pass. I will have a glass of wine with dinner at xmas or thanksgiving but more than that...not worth it.

So congrats to you all for sharing! We are not alone and you don't have to feel ashamed or alone.
Gosh, we are so similar! It's nice not to feel alone.

My dog is my little baby too. I've actually had him since I was 12! He had a seizure back in June and I thought my entire world was ending. He hasn't had one since thankfully but now it's a constant worry.
Old 09-02-2012, 03:24 PM   #552
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcchimento View Post
Hey everybody,

I didn't float away from the face of the earth but I almost melted away. We FINALLY got power back today since Tuesday night during the hurricane. OMG!!!! The storm was not so bad but the humidity and being without power almost did me in. I tried for days up until Friday to be good and eat on plan but we just were running out of protein options and fat options (melting in the quickly defrosting refrigerators). I haven't weighed in because we were running to my mother in law's house every night for the last two nights since she did get her power back rather quickly. I think we did too since it wasn't suppose to be until Tuesday. Lots of the city are still without power so I feel lucky. I am going to weigh in tomorrow, have been able to get a few things to eat to get me started BACK on track. Miss you guys terribly and I see that I have lots to catch up on. Hi to all the new people and look forward to talking to you all!
You're back and safe!! You have sooo much to catch up on I hope your life returns to normal soon enough.
Old 09-02-2012, 03:24 PM   #553
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hey everybody,

Glad to hear that you're okay!!!
Old 09-02-2012, 03:28 PM   #554
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Gosh, we are so similar! It's nice not to feel alone.

My dog is my little baby too. I've actually had him since I was 12! He had a seizure back in June and I thought my entire world was ending. He hasn't had one since thankfully but now it's a constant worry.
If one of my dogs seized, you'd have to commit me because I would absolutely lose it! It is terrible how much I love them. I love them so much it hurts... if that makes sense? My husband and I are so all about our dogs and you would never believe the extent we go to , to make sure they are happy.

I'll give you an example... we bought an acre of land in the country/mountains simply so they could run. Who does that? We bought a VW Westafalis so we could travel comfortably with them and not have to leave them behind (we travel a lot). I could go on...
Old 09-02-2012, 03:30 PM   #555
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
If one of my dogs seized, you'd have to commit me because I would absolutely lose it! It is terrible how much I love them. I love them so much it hurts... if that makes sense? My husband and I are so all about our dogs and you would never believe the extent we go to , to make sure they are happy.

I'll give you an example... we bought an acre of land in the country/mountains simply so they could run. Who does that? We bought a VW Westafalis so we could travel comfortably with them and not have to leave them behind (we travel a lot). I could go on...
Oh, I totally get it. My parents bought an acreage and then added 3 more acres onto it and spent thousands fencing it in so that my dog could wander on his own while staying safe from coyotes (he's only 19 pounds). I think my mom loves my dog more than me.
Old 09-02-2012, 03:41 PM   #556
Blabbermouth!!!

hahaha it keeps telling me Mary posted, but when I come in there is no new post from her...lololol
Mary I think u have to do it again.....
Old 09-02-2012, 03:50 PM   #557
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Oh, I totally get it. My parents bought an acreage and then added 3 more acres onto it and spent thousands fencing it in so that my dog could wander on his own while staying safe from coyotes (he's only 19 pounds). I think my mom loves my dog more than me.
Oh man! My husband is in the process of fencing our land in! Too funny!
Old 09-02-2012, 04:10 PM   #558
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hey everybody,

Hi Cathy!!!

I am SO glad you are back and with power!!! That must have been terrible. we have had LOTS of newcOmers the last couple of days
Old 09-02-2012, 04:45 PM   #559
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by g3rmanchik View Post
hahaha it keeps telling me Mary posted, but when I come in there is no new post from her...lololol
Mary I think u have to do it again.....
I'm here I'm here! Can u see me? sorry the site has been really glitchy for me today

Last edited by SgtBrownsWife; 09-02-2012 at 04:47 PM..
Old 09-02-2012, 04:50 PM   #560
Blabbermouth!!!

yup see u now...
Old 09-02-2012, 04:51 PM   #561
Senior LCF Member

Ladies, post your menus for today!
Old 09-02-2012, 04:53 PM   #562
Blabbermouth!!!

mine is exactly the same as yesterdays....
Old 09-02-2012, 04:57 PM   #563
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
mine is exactly the same as yesterdays....
Which was?
Old 09-02-2012, 04:59 PM   #564
Senior LCF Member

My menu:

Coffee with 3 tbsp CO 4 tbsp HWC
Hamburger with 2 slices of cheese a slice of tomato, lettuce and mayo
1/4 cup macadamia nuts
3 eggs with 1/2 cup unsalted green beans

Switching things up a little today to try it out

Percentages are below:
Net Carbs 8 grams
Calories 1,984
Total fat 190 grams
Protein 58 grams
Sodium 453
Old 09-02-2012, 05:02 PM   #565
Senior LCF Member

That looks good!

I ran out of diet pepsi but since it's a long weekend, the store down the street is closed so I can't get anymore. Guess I'm stuck with water and coffee! I did a lot of eggs today because my midsection is bloated.
Old 09-02-2012, 05:04 PM   #566
Blabbermouth!!!

about 5cups of coffee with HWC, CO, Almond milk (3 of those were decaf)
1tiny slice of home made zuchini bread (thank you laura) loaded up with CC
getting ready to have chicken marsala with some cabbage, 1/2 Avocado and a ton of sour cream
2liters of peppermint tea, 1liter of water with ACV, now just water
if I get hungry later I will have some macadamia or Mary's milkshake
Old 09-02-2012, 05:08 PM   #567
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
about 5cups of coffee with HWC, CO, Almond milk (3 of those were decaf)
1tiny slice of home made zuchini bread (thank you laura) loaded up with CC
getting ready to have chicken marsala with some cabbage, 1/2 Avocado and a ton of sour cream
2liters of peppermint tea, 1liter of water with ACV, now just water
if I get hungry later I will have some macadamia or Mary's milkshake
Mmmm your food sounds good!
Old 09-02-2012, 05:13 PM   #568
Senior LCF Member

MILKSHAKE? What is this?!
Old 09-02-2012, 05:17 PM   #569
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
MILKSHAKE? What is this?!
LOL. That word gets everyone's attention.

. Just put 2 cups unsweetened almond milk with 8tbsp HWC (you can use less if you aren't trying to significantly up your fat with this) and some liquid Splenda. Stir and u have a milkshake. It is seriously better than a regular milkshake to me
Old 09-02-2012, 05:17 PM   #570
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: junkn
Stats: 138/107/105
4T of HWC, 2 T CO

4 thick bacon

2 whole eggs, 2 egg yolk

2 creamcheese clouds

8 almonds

1122 calories 85% fat

doesn't seem like much food and it seems i eat more when i'm on the 500 vlcd. probably cause i eat like 3 cups of spinach.

i will be going back to vlcd tomorrow. this 4 day FF was a nice break!
junkn is offline   Reply With Quote