junkn is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-02-2012, 06:40 AM   #512
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Flavia
Stats: lose 50lbs
Morning all my good ppl

Alie, woot woot congrat!!!!
how much is that??? not that it matters as long as the scale moves in the right direction right???? I thought it was what 3lbs????? woot woot!!!! YAY!!!

I also wanted to say thank you all for sharing and staying so honest....I totally love that....no lies here
we are who we are with all the good and bad and ugly and we are all on a journey!!!!

Gosh I love being in here!!!!! Feels like a warm blanket around my shoulders!!!!!!
Haven't weight yet....waiting for potty....tmi I know...
Old 09-02-2012, 07:23 AM   #513
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/bouncing again/? 5'2"
WOE: who knows ?
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011~ Moderation 3/15/14
Christina I posted on other thread my crazy scale ( which I'm not sure I trust since the battery is dying ) said I am up 0.6 !! Gotta get a new battery......

Glad you friends are feeling comfortable on LCF's and can be honest. We all have problems and it helps so much to be able to vent and discuss things with people you feel safe with .

Glad you all are here
shelby'snana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 07:46 AM   #514
Blabbermouth!!!

Laura I didn't see it....gotta go back and check.....

I am happy to report another 1.3lbs off of my body.....yay woot!!!!!! Mary I am going to kiss ur feet lolololol!!!!!!! 193 even.....almost in the 180's. That is now exactly 15lbs gone forever!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyways, got to get off of my own soap box lolololol
Laura, I think that is the scale....no way are u gaining on this unless ur carb and/or protein are too high....but I am positive its ur scale.....
Flavia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 07:49 AM   #515
Blabbermouth!!!

No I lied....sorry....its 14.4lbs gone forever.....gotta be honest....I am still elated about it!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-02-2012, 07:53 AM   #516
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/bouncing again/? 5'2"
WOE: who knows ?
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011~ Moderation 3/15/14
Yay Christina !!! WTG !! Isn't that a great feeling ?? YOU need to go buy new shirts , not me !
shelby'snana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 07:56 AM   #517
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GirlKickinIt
Stats: I can't get no...satisfaction!!
WOE: Atkins-Bernstien-High FAT
Start Date: 9/20/2001
Hi Girlies!!
My friend Gchick suggested that I stop in over here to see whatcha all are up to!! It looks like you're all seeing Great results with your modified FF!! That's wonderful!! I was thinking that maybe a Mock Danish would fit into your menus well? I'm not sure who came up with the idea...but it's so devine & delish.

Moch Danish in a bowl

2 oz.-4oz. (nuked/softened) Cream Cheese (Consider covering w/a damp papertowel)
1 or 2 Eggs (mixed into the softened Cream Cheese...leave kinda chuncky)
1/2-1 tsp Lemon extract
1'ish Tbsp Splenda
Blend it all together, using a fork...leaving it somewhat chuncky.
Place the dampened papertowel back on top of your bowl.
Nuke for 1 1/2-2min.'s.
Throw a pat of Butter all over the top of your fluffy danish and sprinkle with a bit more Splenda. MmMMMMmmm!!

Let it be known that you can use all kinds of extracts to create a delish danish. I've used Vanilla extract and cinnamon, Almond extract and even different berry (sugar free) jams.
You can also easily adjust out your egg and cream cheese quantaties, without causing any disaster. It's a very forgiving recipe. A person could also use Coconut Oil in place of Butter.

Try it out!! I've gotta get ready to head out for church, but I'll check in with y'all later today!!
Old 09-02-2012, 07:59 AM   #518
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks Laura, u know nobody has noticed yet.....and the weird thing is I lost inches in my legs but almost no where else....U can see it in my legs.......but my upper body almost still looks the same....grrrrrrrr
Old 09-02-2012, 08:02 AM   #519
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey Shawna
thank you for the recipe.....yay....glad u stopped in and shared
Old 09-02-2012, 08:37 AM   #520
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SgtBrownsWife
Stats: (height 5'10)254/206.8/145
WOE: LCHFMP
Start Date: 11/27/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlieKatt View Post
NOW FOR SOME HAPPY NEWS!!
253.6 friends!!!!!!! Whoot, whoot! This WOE is working!! I upped cals and fat like Mary said and voila!
Allie that is great!!!!

I'm really glad to see everyone opening up. It's great for us to do . My awesome dad has been part of the program(AA) for over 7 years. I have been to quite a few meetings and the openness and honesty is amazing. Those rooms have made my dad into an amazing man.

I think your idea about not bringing money to work is great. I would even have problems if I did that. Heck I want to go into Dunkin Donuts if I drive by it on the road lol.
SgtBrownsWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 08:39 AM   #521
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkn View Post
aww HUGS .. huge HUGS to you all! what a great supportive group we have here. i am so sorry for all the troubles you guys have gone through but have FAITH that you guys will all be OK

i am 40 and have been through a lot. i just turned 40 and man that sounds old.. sighh.. but all i can say now is that it does get better. soo much better.

i'm married to a former Marine and omg he's so hot and the love of my life. he is 9 yrs younger than me :P we met when he was in the marines and i was a single mom of two kids doing fine getting over an abusive ex.. very abusive. had no interest in a relationship. then along came him and he's just wonderful in every way. we got married right away, he got out of the marines, and then we moved to NJ for his job. we then had a baby boy 3 years ago. he is also a great father to my older kids- 12 & 13 yrs old.

so anyways.. i was tiny when we met and after having out baby i blew up. he is really into working out so i felt bad about myself. its like i couldn't be happy unless i was skinny. sucky feeling.. hubby was supportive through all this. i am so thankful for hhcg. i probably could have done it without it tbh.. but it was kind of the push i needed. counting calories, weighing everyday, etc.

i just want to say that things do get better when they seem like they never will hugs to all.

I've have always had a thing for a man in uniform . He sounds like a great guy
Old 09-02-2012, 08:41 AM   #522
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by g3rmanchik View Post
Laura I didn't see it....gotta go back and check.....

I am happy to report another 1.3lbs off of my body.....yay woot!!!!!! Mary I am going to kiss ur feet lolololol!!!!!!! 193 even.....almost in the 180's. That is now exactly 15lbs gone forever!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyways, got to get off of my own soap box lolololol
Laura, I think that is the scale....no way are u gaining on this unless ur carb and/or protein are too high....but I am positive its ur scale.....
That is AWESOME Christina!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-02-2012, 08:43 AM   #523
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlKickinIt View Post
Hi Girlies!!
My friend Gchick suggested that I stop in over here to see whatcha all are up to!! It looks like you're all seeing Great results with your modified FF!! That's wonderful!! I was thinking that maybe a Mock Danish would fit into your menus well? I'm not sure who came up with the idea...but it's so devine & delish.

Moch Danish in a bowl

2 oz.-4oz. (nuked/softened) Cream Cheese (Consider covering w/a damp papertowel)
1/2-1 tsp Lemon extract
1'ish Tbsp Splenda
Nuke for 1 1/2-2min.'s.
Throw a pat of Butter all over the top of your fluffy danish and sprinkle with a bit more Splenda. MmMMMMmmm!!

Let it be known that you can use all kinds of extracts to create a delish danish. I've used Vanilla extract and cinnamon, Almond extract and even different berry (sugar free) jams.
You can also easily adjust out your egg and cream cheese quantaties, without causing any disaster. It's a very forgiving recipe. A person could also use Coconut Oil in place of Butter.

Try it out!! I've gotta get ready to head out for church, but I'll check in with y'all later today!!
Hi Shawna!

Thanks for the great recipe! We are excited for u to join us!!
Old 09-02-2012, 08:45 AM   #524
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AlieKatt
Stats: 272/229.8/150
WOE: Low carb, moderate protein, high fat
Start Date: July 2012
Quote:
alie- your typos are hilarious!!
Too funny! I'd say it was late at night and I was tired blah, blah, blah.... but that would be a lie. I'm ALWAYS mistyping. Many more to come I assure you!!
AlieKatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 08:54 AM   #525
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Morning all my good ppl

how much is that??? not that it matters as long as the scale moves in the right direction right???? I thought it was what 3lbs????? woot woot!!!! YAY!!!

I also wanted to say thank you all for sharing and staying so honest....I totally love that....no lies here
we are who we are with all the good and bad and ugly and we are all on a journey!!!!

Gosh I love being in here!!!!! Feels like a warm blanket around my shoulders!!!!!!
Hi Chiky! I feel safe in this place and if I could help just one person it would make all my struggling worth it. In fact, I have gone back to University part time to get a degree in social work because I am now in a place where I want to give back.
Life was not easy for me. My father was murdered when I was three, my mother an alcoholic and pill junkie who abandoned her kids. There were too many abuses to count in my childhood. Then I lost my only brother to a mortorcycle accident- I was devestated and blamed myself (long story). As a result I began using drugs and went with a VERY abusive man for 7 years who beat me and stole thousands from me. All of this to say, it is no wonder some of us self medicate with whatever vice... it numbs the pain but only for a bit. Eventually, the lifestyle catches up with you and you hit rock bottom. I had to learn to love myself because I never had parents show me what love was. I did it. One day at a time but most importantly I learnt to like me and then love me. Oh, there are still days when I jump on the self-pitty train but I allow myself one day to wallow in it and then I move on.
I'm 42, I have been through hell, I have graduated from college, work in a good paying government job, and attend University part time. I have the MOST AMAZING husband who is supoportive and loving and kind and caring and most importantly loves me for me. This has helped.
And here we are... all of us on this journey. And I want to be honest and helpful if I can. No secrets because I am no longer ashamed of my past. I want to help others!

Last edited by AlieKatt; 09-02-2012 at 09:05 AM..
Old 09-02-2012, 08:57 AM   #526
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hi Chiky! I feel safe in this place and if I could help just one person it would make all my struggling worth it. In fact, I have gone back to University part time to get a degree in social work because I am now in a place where I want to give back.
Life was not easy for me. My father was murdered when I was three, my mother and alcoholic and pill junkie who abandoned her kids. There were too many abuses to count in my childhood. Then I lost my only brother to a mortorcycle accident- I was devestated and blamed myself (long story). As a result I began using drugs and went with a VERY abusive man for 7 years who beat me and stole thousands from me. All of this to say, it is no wonder some of us self medicate with whatever vice... it numbs the pain but only for a bit. Eventually, the lifestyle catches up with you and you hit rock bottom. I had to learn to love myself because I never had parents show me what love was. I did it. One day at a time but most importantly I learnt to like me and then love me. Oh, there are still days when I jump on the self-pitty train but I allow myself one day to wallow in it and then I move on.
I'm 42, I have been through hell, I have graduated from college, work in a good paying government job, and attend University part time. I have the MOST AMAZING husband who is supoportive and lovind and kind and caring and most importantly loves me for me. This has helped.
And here we are... all of us on this journey. And I want to be honest and helpful if I can. No secrets because I am no longer ashamed of my past. I want to help others!

Allie, I am so sorry about all of your troubles. No one deserves that. I am so glad things are so much better for you now. It seems as though you have taken all of those troubles and turned into a pretty awesome person
Old 09-02-2012, 08:58 AM   #527
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Morning all my good ppl

Yes, I believe 3 pounds! in less than a week!! And I finally understand how to keep my protein lower and calories high. Thanks all for sticky with me...!
Old 09-02-2012, 09:00 AM   #528
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlKickinIt View Post
Hi Girlies!!

Moch Danish in a bowl

1/2-1 tsp Lemon extract
1'ish Tbsp Splenda
Nuke for 1 1/2-2min.'s.

Welocme GirlKickinIt!
I'm going to try these. Happy to have you here!
Old 09-02-2012, 09:07 AM   #529
Blabbermouth!!!

Alie, ~~~Love your Spirit~~~
Old 09-02-2012, 09:17 AM   #530
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Alie, ~~~Love your Spirit~~~
Well thank you!
Old 09-02-2012, 09:21 AM   #531
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: junkn
Stats: 138/107/105
hugs Alie! wow you have been through a lot and i admire your spirit as well!!

i have my masters in social work! but i don't use it. i haven't worked since i got married to my current husband. i kind of miss it.. but not really :P i like staying home more
junkn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 09:34 AM   #532
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
hugs Alie! wow you have been through a lot and i admire your spirit as well!!

i have my masters in social work! but i don't use it. i haven't worked since i got married to my current husband. i kind of miss it.. but not really :P i like staying home more
Thank you. I'll be honest, I wish I did not have to work and could spend my time helping others instead. It would be much more relaxed. The nice thing about your Masters in SW is that you will be able to practice whenever and if ever you want to. Congratulations! I'm a little jealous. I have long way to go and I'm not getting any younger!
Old 09-02-2012, 09:56 AM   #533
Senior LCF Member

Hi Everybody!

Well I decided not to weigh today. I am thinking I will wait a couple of days until my TOM comes. Seeing my scale stay the same for days at a time dampens my spirits. Progesterone tends to make me hang onto water weight even worse so these three days of taking it are NO fun. I can't wait to be off of it. I am Going to feel so much better in a couple of days when TOM comes . I'm ready to get back on the weight loss train with all of you girls!! You guys are all doing so well!!
Old 09-02-2012, 12:01 PM   #534
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: manders
Stats: 232/191.1/140/5'8
WOE: hHCG
Start Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
So, I can fully relate to the PB thing. At my worse I could eat and entire box of Jos Louis cakes. 3 chocolate bars. And so on... I would hide sugary treats everywhere (hoard stuff) and binge alone. bags of cookies, gallons of ice cream. PB was not my drug of choice, ice cream was. I would sneak away from work to eat bag fulls of chocolate and surgary treats. And then i would cry and hate myself for it. So out of control.
I started figuring out my triggers- it was all emotional eating. i hated me and didn't love me. I felt sorry for myself.
I stopped bringing money to work (bank card) so I couldn't sneak away when stressed to binge. That was TUFF. I started LCing and this has help so much. As soon as I got all those sugar stores out of my body, the cravings subsided. I still need to be careful not to eat too much artificial sweetner so as not to trigger again.
I am also a recovering addict- clean since 2011. And giving up drugs only escalated my surgar addiction. So, i can really relate to addiciton and bingeing. I feel for you.
Today, I am blessed to be clean, sugar free, and an extremely successful professional. If I can do, anyone can.
Thank you for letting me share. I feel safe doing so here,
I am so glad you shared that! I don't feel like such an alien.

I hide my food packaging all the time. It's so embarrassing. I think because I've been dieting for so long nonstop, my body was so depleted and I started binging on sugars. It happened right when I hit the 50lb loss mark. What I really needed to do, was to get more fat in my body. I am happy to report that I have not had a single sugar craving since I began my FF. I even walked past the nanaimo bars (my ultimate treat) in the coffee shop and didn't bat an eye.

Quote:
aww HUGS .. huge HUGS to you all! what a great supportive group we have here. i am so sorry for all the troubles you guys have gone through but have FAITH that you guys will all be OK

i am 40 and have been through a lot. i just turned 40 and man that sounds old.. sighh.. but all i can say now is that it does get better. soo much better.

i'm married to a former Marine and omg he's so hot and the love of my life. he is 9 yrs younger than me :P we met when he was in the marines and i was a single mom of two kids doing fine getting over an abusive ex.. very abusive. had no interest in a relationship. then along came him and he's just wonderful in every way. we got married right away, he got out of the marines, and then we moved to NJ for his job. we then had a baby boy 3 years ago. he is also a great father to my older kids- 12 & 13 yrs old.

so anyways.. i was tiny when we met and after having out baby i blew up. he is really into working out so i felt bad about myself. its like i couldn't be happy unless i was skinny. sucky feeling.. hubby was supportive through all this. i am so thankful for hhcg. i probably could have done it without it tbh.. but it was kind of the push i needed. counting calories, weighing everyday, etc.

i just want to say that things do get better when they seem like they never will hugs to all.
Thank you for sharing that! I'm so happy you have a husband who loves you no matter what. I too have lost the majority of my weight without HCG, but the HCG has really helped.

Quote:
Morning all my good ppl

I love being here too! I feel so calm when I come in here and see all you supportive girls.

Quote:
No I lied....sorry....its 14.4lbs gone forever.....gotta be honest....I am still elated about it!!!!!!!!!
That's still amazing. Every pound counts!!!!

Quote:
Thanks Laura, u know nobody has noticed yet.....and the weird thing is I lost inches in my legs but almost no where else....U can see it in my legs.......but my upper body almost still looks the same....grrrrrrrr
I've noticed losses in different places at different times. My face was the first to slim out which can probably be attributed to water loss, and then my stomach started getting smaller, and now my legs and arms are really getting small. I can actually see muscles sticking out of my forearms when I'm at work doing nails. That sounds freakish but it's not lol

The one thing that really surprised me was how different my shoes fit. I've been buying all size 9 heels, which is great because all the shoe stores have more 9's than 10's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtBrownsWife View Post
I've have always had a thing for a man in uniform . He sounds like a great guy
MMM me too ladies! Mine doesn't wear a uniform, but I can always buy him one.

Quote:
Life was not easy for me. My father was murdered when I was three, my mother an alcoholic and pill junkie who abandoned her kids. There were too many abuses to count in my childhood. Then I lost my only brother to a mortorcycle accident- I was devestated and blamed myself (long story). As a result I began using drugs and went with a VERY abusive man for 7 years who beat me and stole thousands from me. All of this to say, it is no wonder some of us self medicate with whatever vice... it numbs the pain but only for a bit. Eventually, the lifestyle catches up with you and you hit rock bottom. I had to learn to love myself because I never had parents show me what love was. I did it. One day at a time but most importantly I learnt to like me and then love me. Oh, there are still days when I jump on the self-pitty train but I allow myself one day to wallow in it and then I move on.
I'm 42, I have been through hell, I have graduated from college, work in a good paying government job, and attend University part time. I have the MOST AMAZING husband who is supoportive and loving and kind and caring and most importantly loves me for me. This has helped.
WOW! I am so thankful that you shared that. It seems that addictive personalities, binge eating and substance abuse seem to go hand in hand. I too was a user. I've thankfully been clean since Oct 7, 2007.

I try to avoid having alcohol. I've always been a binge drinker, but it only happened a few times a year. We don't keep alcohol in our house as my father is also a recovering alcoholic (sober for 7 years as of TODAY! yay daddy!!!). However my mom said it was okay for me to have a bottle of wine in my room. When my BF and I were going through a rough patch back in January, I drank two bottles of wine in one night. That's when I realized that having alcohol in my room is just not a good idea. Especially since I was drinking alone in my room. Lame, right?

Anyways, since then I've only drank a few times as alcohol really affects weight loss. It's gotten to the point where I can only have 2 or 3 drinks and then I start to feel nauseous! So yeah, my point is, is that people like us tend to overdo it in SO MANY AREAS of life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtBrownsWife View Post
Hi Everybody!

Well I decided not to weigh today. I am thinking I will wait a couple of days until my TOM comes. Seeing my scale stay the same for days at a time dampens my spirits. Progesterone tends to make me hang onto water weight even worse so these three days of taking it are NO fun. I can't wait to be off of it. I am Going to feel so much better in a couple of days when TOM comes . I'm ready to get back on the weight loss train with all of you girls!! You guys are all doing so well!!
Hey girl! That's probably a good idea. Don't want to get discouraged!
Old 09-02-2012, 12:12 PM   #535
Senior LCF Member

Wow, I really rambled today LOL I'm so glad that all of us ladies feel comfortable to share our stories here.

Scale moved back down today despite my peanut butter binge. Back down to 179.8. I've decided to move my FF into more of a meat and egg fast. So today I've had 4 pieces of bacon, 3 eggs and 2 tbsp of HWC in my coffee. Haven't had any bathroom visits lately, so I'm hoping today/tomorrow I will and see another drop.

My little gerbil seems to be sick and I started to notice that he's no longer eating. He's gone from weighing 78 grams to 66 grams. I know some people might think that sounds silly, but I'm a lover of all animals big and small. I'm very heartbroken. I said goodbye to his big brother at the end of June. I didn't think I would end up seeing my little one go so soon after.

ANYWAYS, I have no clue what I'm going to do on vacation about eating...
manders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 12:18 PM   #536
Senior LCF Member

Manders,
I'm glad your weight went down today anyways that's always a wonderful surprise

I'm sorry about your gerbil I havent ever had a gerbil but my 2 mastiffs are like kids to me so I understand animal love
Old 09-02-2012, 01:06 PM   #537
Blabbermouth!!!

woot woot Manders!!!!! Glad its working for ya!!!! Congrats!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-02-2012, 01:22 PM   #538
Senior LCF Member

Thanks girls. I've been trying to get back into writing my food diaries, so that I THINK about why I'm eating, and then I can identify certain feelings when I do.

Mary - I love my animals sooo much
Old 09-02-2012, 01:25 PM   #539
Blabbermouth!!!

Sorry about ur Gerbil Manders!!!! Did u take it to the vet?????
Old 09-02-2012, 01:30 PM   #540
Senior LCF Member

I'd rather him stay snuggled up in his soft warm den than stress him out even more. I'll only take him in if he stops drinking water or he's not responding anymore. Just trying to keep him comfortable right now.