Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2012, 06:13 AM   #331
Senior LCF Member
 
junkn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 180
Gallery: junkn
Stats: 138/107/105
hi! i hope you don't mind me joining you all here

i'm on hhcg and had a stall for about a week and decided to do the fat fast. so i started yesterday. i am doing it more by the general guidelines though. i am happy to report a 1 pound loss this morning!

its much better than doing an apple day when you are stalled in p2.

i finished the day at about 1178 calories, 84% fat. i wasn't really hungry throughout the day but i did want to eat more of those yummy cream cheese muffins!

i would like to up the calories like you guys have done here but wanted to try the "regular" way first.

good luck all!
junkn is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-2012, 06:18 AM   #332
Senior LCF Member
 
AlieKatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 426
Gallery: AlieKatt
Stats: 272/229.8/150
WOE: Low carb, moderate protein, high fat
Start Date: July 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by junkn View Post
hi! i hope you don't mind me joining you all here

i'm on hhcg and had a stall for about a week and decided to do the fat fast. so i started yesterday. i am doing it more by the general guidelines though. i am happy to report a 1 pound loss this morning!

its much better than doing an apple day when you are stalled in p2.

i finished the day at about 1178 calories, 84% fat. i wasn't really hungry throughout the day but i did want to eat more of those yummy cream cheese muffins!

i would like to up the calories like you guys have done here but wanted to try the "regular" way first.

good luck all!
Welcome! I'm new to this way too. Today is day 3. Hoping to have asignificant loss tomorrow.
AlieKatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 06:21 AM   #333
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Flavia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 4,595
Gallery: Flavia
Stats: lose 50lbs
Morning all

Welcome Junkn, Glad ur joining us......

Alie, I eat some cabbage some nights and Mary eats those all wheat thingys. I think they called Wheatabix or something. I think she eats it every other day. To keep regular cause obviously there isn't enough fiber.
Also when I make my burger I add flax meal to it to make it stick together better and for my regularity.

So Alie, the good news is u actually lost a heck of a lot more then u thought.... Congrats!!!!!!!
Flavia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 06:49 AM   #334
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Flavia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 4,595
Gallery: Flavia
Stats: lose 50lbs
So, I am down yet another 0.7lbs woot woot....looking forward to getting into the 180's hopefully soon

oh Alie, I also wanted to tell u that in the first oh say 3-4days when my body had to get used to the "new" foods....I went way low and then the next day way high.(my weight)...but then it evened out after a couple days.....hang tight.... HUGS
Flavia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 06:53 AM   #335
Senior LCF Member
 
AlieKatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 426
Gallery: AlieKatt
Stats: 272/229.8/150
WOE: Low carb, moderate protein, high fat
Start Date: July 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by g3rmanchik View Post
Morning all

Welcome Junkn, Glad ur joining us......

Alie, I eat some cabbage some nights and Mary eats those all wheat thingys. I think they called Wheatabix or something. I think she eats it every other day. To keep regular cause obviously there isn't enough fiber.
Also when I make my burger I add flax meal to it to make it stick together better and for my regularity.

So Alie, the good news is u actually lost a heck of a lot more then u thought.... Congrats!!!!!!!
So true... I never thought of it that way Thanks Chik!
AlieKatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 07:49 AM   #336
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Flavia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 4,595
Gallery: Flavia
Stats: lose 50lbs
Ok, got weight and measured and compared to last week.

Lost 1.5inches off of my body (last week over 3inches)
Lost 4.7lbs off of my body (last week was TOM so there was a o.9lbs gain)

So over all I am extremely happy with that....
Flavia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 08:14 AM   #337
Senior LCF Member
 
AlieKatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 426
Gallery: AlieKatt
Stats: 272/229.8/150
WOE: Low carb, moderate protein, high fat
Start Date: July 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by g3rmanchik View Post
Ok, got weight and measured and compared to last week.

Lost 1.5inches off of my body (last week over 3inches)
Lost 4.7lbs off of my body (last week was TOM so there was a o.9lbs gain)

So over all I am extremely happy with that....
:jump joy:
So happy for you!!!
AlieKatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 08:16 AM   #338
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Flavia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 4,595
Gallery: Flavia
Stats: lose 50lbs
Thanks Alie. I still can't believe it.....its like a dream or something....all thanks to Mary
Flavia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 08:19 AM   #339
Senior LCF Member
 
AlieKatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 426
Gallery: AlieKatt
Stats: 272/229.8/150
WOE: Low carb, moderate protein, high fat
Start Date: July 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by g3rmanchik View Post
Thanks Alie. I still can't believe it.....its like a dream or something....all thanks to Mary
I'm hoping that I can follow in your shoes. Everyday is more exciting news from your end. I WANT SOME OF THAT TOO!

Keep it up and so will I.
AlieKatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 08:19 AM   #340
Senior LCF Member
 
AlieKatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 426
Gallery: AlieKatt
Stats: 272/229.8/150
WOE: Low carb, moderate protein, high fat
Start Date: July 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by g3rmanchik View Post
Thanks Alie. I still can't believe it.....its like a dream or something....all thanks to Mary
YES! Thanks Mary!!!!
AlieKatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 08:23 AM   #341
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Flavia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 4,595
Gallery: Flavia
Stats: lose 50lbs
Cathy, can u check in??? Are you ok over there?????

Oh yeah Alie, u will do it too.....it has to .....ur body will give .....of all of us Mary loses the most weight usually when not PMS'ing or TOM
Flavia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 09:29 AM   #342
Senior LCF Member
 
SgtBrownsWife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: FL
Posts: 615
Gallery: SgtBrownsWife
Stats: (height 5'10)254/206.8/145
WOE: LCHFMP
Start Date: 11/27/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlieKatt View Post
Not great news.... I gained a pound. I know why... I up'd my calories to over 2000 yesaterday as an experiment and had too much salt. I am still not detered because I still am down .6 overall. Today, I reduce calories back to original and see what happens. No BM for 5 days doesn't help. Going to have to work on that (sorry for the "too much info").
A little bummed (excuse the punn). lol

Alie,

Salt does that to me SO badly. I'm sure that's why it is. Also, get some
Pure wheat bran and eat it with some almond milk and liquid Splenda. You can add some heavy whipping cream to up fat too of you would like to. I had the same problem as you and that fixed me right up
SgtBrownsWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 09:47 AM   #343
Senior LCF Member
 
SgtBrownsWife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: FL
Posts: 615
Gallery: SgtBrownsWife
Stats: (height 5'10)254/206.8/145
WOE: LCHFMP
Start Date: 11/27/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by junkn View Post
hi! i hope you don't mind me joining you all here

i'm on hhcg and had a stall for about a week and decided to do the fat fast. so i started yesterday. i am doing it more by the general guidelines though. i am happy to report a 1 pound loss this morning!

its much better than doing an apple day when you are stalled in p2.

i finished the day at about 1178 calories, 84% fat. i wasn't really hungry throughout the day but i did want to eat more of those yummy cream cheese muffins!

i would like to up the calories like you guys have done here but wanted to try the "regular" way first.

good luck all!

Welcome!!!
We are happy to have you! I can't wait to see your progress
SgtBrownsWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 09:49 AM   #344
Senior LCF Member
 
SgtBrownsWife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: FL
Posts: 615
Gallery: SgtBrownsWife
Stats: (height 5'10)254/206.8/145
WOE: LCHFMP
Start Date: 11/27/11
It looks like I have missed a lot this morning!

Congrats on your loss Christina!!! I am at the same lowest weight as yesterday and I woke up with stupid acne on my face which I never have so I am pulling out the big guns. I have been off of my natural progesterone for about 80 days but after 17 days of pms I am going to take 3 days worth of progesterone since that always makes me start. At this point I'm thinking that short period won't hurt me and my pms is driving me crazy. I know I'm hanging onto water weight and my hormones are completely crazy right now lol.
SgtBrownsWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 10:13 AM   #345
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Flavia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 4,595
Gallery: Flavia
Stats: lose 50lbs
oh sorry, I wish I could help you.....hang in there....HUGS
Flavia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 10:50 AM   #346
Senior LCF Member
 
SgtBrownsWife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: FL
Posts: 615
Gallery: SgtBrownsWife
Stats: (height 5'10)254/206.8/145
WOE: LCHFMP
Start Date: 11/27/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlieKatt View Post
YES! Thanks Mary!!!!
You guys are too nice
SgtBrownsWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 11:21 AM   #347
Senior LCF Member
 
AlieKatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 426
Gallery: AlieKatt
Stats: 272/229.8/150
WOE: Low carb, moderate protein, high fat
Start Date: July 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by g3rmanchik View Post
Cathy, can u check in??? Are you ok over there?????

Oh yeah Alie, u will do it too.....it has to .....ur body will give .....of all of us Mary loses the most weight usually when not PMS'ing or TOM
I'm in this and am determined. I know it will all come together!
AlieKatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 11:39 AM   #348
Senior LCF Member
 
SgtBrownsWife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: FL
Posts: 615
Gallery: SgtBrownsWife
Stats: (height 5'10)254/206.8/145
WOE: LCHFMP
Start Date: 11/27/11
It sure will
SgtBrownsWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 12:40 PM   #349
Senior LCF Member
 
AlieKatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 426
Gallery: AlieKatt
Stats: 272/229.8/150
WOE: Low carb, moderate protein, high fat
Start Date: July 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtBrownsWife View Post
Alie,

Salt does that to me SO badly. I'm sure that's why it is. Also, get some
Pure wheat bran and eat it with some almond milk and liquid Splenda. You can add some heavy whipping cream to up fat too of you would like to. I had the same problem as you and that fixed me right up
Will do the wheat bran! Though I have had some progress, this afternoon
AlieKatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 12:44 PM   #350
Senior LCF Member
 
SgtBrownsWife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: FL
Posts: 615
Gallery: SgtBrownsWife
Stats: (height 5'10)254/206.8/145
WOE: LCHFMP
Start Date: 11/27/11
I'm glad to hear it! LOL

U must have passed it on to me because for the first time in weeks I havent today LOL
SgtBrownsWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 01:05 PM   #351
Senior LCF Member
 
AlieKatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 426
Gallery: AlieKatt
Stats: 272/229.8/150
WOE: Low carb, moderate protein, high fat
Start Date: July 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtBrownsWife View Post
I'm glad to hear it! LOL

U must have passed it on to me because for the first time in weeks I havent today LOL
Tag! You're it!!
AlieKatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 01:29 PM   #352
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
janetsbreeze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Midwest
Posts: 4,477
Gallery: janetsbreeze
Stats: 197/186.6/130; 5'2"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 19, 2011
Well I have been reading this thread with interest and I think I am ready to jump in with both feet and join you all, if you don't mind
Been lo carbing forever, but been stuck for a while. I have a binging personality and even with lo carb, it's easy for me to binge.

High fat really helps me with this, so I'm going to really try to stick with it.
Weight loss would be fabulous!
janetsbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 03:48 PM   #353
Senior LCF Member
 
SgtBrownsWife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: FL
Posts: 615
Gallery: SgtBrownsWife
Stats: (height 5'10)254/206.8/145
WOE: LCHFMP
Start Date: 11/27/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by janetsbreeze View Post
Well I have been reading this thread with interest and I think I am ready to jump in with both feet and join you all, if you don't mind
Been lo carbing forever, but been stuck for a while. I have a binging personality and even with lo carb, it's easy for me to binge.

High fat really helps me with this, so I'm going to really try to stick with it.
Weight loss would be fabulous!
Hi Janet!!

We are so happy to have u! I always had a hard time not wanting to cheat on low carb. I find that having less things I can eat or more strict rules actually helps me as crazy as that sounds. I think it's just because it's so clear what the rules are it is harder for me to justify ever breaking them. I wouldn't want it that way forever but I find it easier for now.

I can't wait to see your progress!!!
SgtBrownsWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 04:01 PM   #354
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Flavia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 4,595
Gallery: Flavia
Stats: lose 50lbs
Hi Janet,
ditto what Mary said.....
Flavia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 04:53 PM   #355
Senior LCF Member
 
AlieKatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 426
Gallery: AlieKatt
Stats: 272/229.8/150
WOE: Low carb, moderate protein, high fat
Start Date: July 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by janetsbreeze View Post
Well I have been reading this thread with interest and I think I am ready to jump in with both feet and join you all, if you don't mind
Been lo carbing forever, but been stuck for a while. I have a binging personality and even with lo carb, it's easy for me to binge.

High fat really helps me with this, so I'm going to really try to stick with it.
Weight loss would be fabulous!
Welcome! Mary and Chik are doing amazing. Tomorrow is only my 3rd weigh in but I can attest to the fact that I lost 1.6 the first day. I'm anxious to weigh in tomorrow. Come back in the a.m. for an update!
Mary and Chick have also provided so much support and guidance- I love this group.

On that note- I'm struggling to get my protein down under 17% but I did a better job at lower cals (I need slightly lower than the others because I'm perimenoposal).

Ok, I'm rambling... sorry. A side affect is having tons of energy!
AlieKatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 05:09 PM   #356
Senior LCF Member
 
SgtBrownsWife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: FL
Posts: 615
Gallery: SgtBrownsWife
Stats: (height 5'10)254/206.8/145
WOE: LCHFMP
Start Date: 11/27/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlieKatt View Post
Welcome! Mary and Chik are doing amazing. Tomorrow is only my 3rd weigh in but I can attest to the fact that I lost 1.6 the first day. I'm anxious to weigh in tomorrow. Come back in the a.m. for an update!
Mary and Chick have also provided so much support and guidance- I love this group.

On that note- I'm struggling to get my protein down under 17% but I did a better job at lower cals (I need slightly lower than the others because I'm perimenoposal).

Ok, I'm rambling... sorry. A side affect is having tons of energy!
I know you want to keep your calories low but you may have to raise them just a tad since fat contains the most calories so it's hard to have low calorie and high fat if that makes sense. Just do lots of butter, HWC, co, macadamia nuts etc I know it's easier said than done you will eventually get the right mix. Did u see my post a few pages back about the metabolic advantage?
SgtBrownsWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 05:22 PM   #357
Senior LCF Member
 
AlieKatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 426
Gallery: AlieKatt
Stats: 272/229.8/150
WOE: Low carb, moderate protein, high fat
Start Date: July 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtBrownsWife View Post
I know you want to keep your calories low but you may have to raise them just a tad since fat contains the most calories so it's hard to have low calorie and high fat if that makes sense. Just do lots of butter, HWC, co, macadamia nuts etc I know it's easier said than done you will eventually get the right mix. Did u see my post a few pages back about the metabolic advantage?
I don't recalll the post, I'll go back. And yes, it is impossible to go low cal and high fat! I'll get it, just takes a little tweaking. Thanks Mary.
AlieKatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 06:12 PM   #358
Senior LCF Member
 
SgtBrownsWife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: FL
Posts: 615
Gallery: SgtBrownsWife
Stats: (height 5'10)254/206.8/145
WOE: LCHFMP
Start Date: 11/27/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlieKatt View Post
I don't recalll the post, I'll go back. And yes, it is impossible to go low cal and high fat! I'll get it, just takes a little tweaking. Thanks Mary.
No Problem
SgtBrownsWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 06:15 PM   #359
Senior LCF Member
 
SgtBrownsWife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: FL
Posts: 615
Gallery: SgtBrownsWife
Stats: (height 5'10)254/206.8/145
WOE: LCHFMP
Start Date: 11/27/11
I just had to share

I know I am far from goal but losing these 13+ pounds in the last 3 weeks (35.2 since the start) has already made such a difference in me. I am now down to a size 16 jeans when I started at a size 20.

Tonight I went into my favorite store and found a dress I loved that I figured wouldnt fit but I decided to give it a try anyways. To my dismay a size 14 fitted dress fit me

This journey is so worth it ladies!!!!
SgtBrownsWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 06:35 PM   #360
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Flavia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 4,595
Gallery: Flavia
Stats: lose 50lbs
woot woot.....that is wonderful....I am sooo sooo sooo happy for ya....I love when that happens....that is like christmas and birthday in one day.....

so maybe all this time u were losing inches to boot
Flavia is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:49 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.