Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2012, 06:52 AM   #301
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Flavia
Stats: lose 50lbs
Good Morning

Happy to report the scale is STILL my friend. Got rid of another 0.8lbs. New weight 194.8lbs. I still can't believe its still going down.....baffeled
Flavia is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-30-2012, 09:13 AM   #302
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AlieKatt
Stats: 272/229.8/150
WOE: Low carb, moderate protein, high fat
Start Date: July 2012
I've been dying to contact you ladies!!! I've been in meetings all morning and not able to get online. I am down 1.6 pounds this morning!!! *insert happy dance here*** YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH! Was feeling a little "fluish" earlier but but I'm sure I'll be OK once I get some lettuce into me.
How are you doing?? I haven't read our thread yet... trying to catch up.
AlieKatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 09:16 AM   #303
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtBrownsWife View Post
The carbs are fine. I would do no more protein today. I eat lots of heavy whipping cream, almond milk, macadamia nuts, cream cheese, coconut oil in coffee. You might want to try one of the "milkshakes" if you are still hungry since that's almost no protein and lots of fat. The "milkshake" I make has 2 cups unsweeetened almond milk, 8 tbsp HWC and some liquid Splenda in it. You can add less HWC if you want. That mix has exactly 47g of fat in it and exactly 2 g of protein. Be careful with things like cheese and meat since those have lots of protein.
Thank you for the feed back.
Old 08-30-2012, 09:18 AM   #304
Blabbermouth!!!

WOOT WOOT ALIE Congrats!!!!!! That is exactly how much I lost the first day!!!!!!
I am sooo happy for you!!!!! -grinning from ear to ear here-
Old 08-30-2012, 09:18 AM   #305
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Oh you're telling me!!! This WOE is so important to have support with since itgoes against a lot of the common beliefs out there. That's okay though. We have each other and we will prove our way is right when we are all skinny
True thats!!!
Old 08-30-2012, 10:27 AM   #306
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SgtBrownsWife
Stats: (height 5'10)254/206.8/145
WOE: LCHFMP
Start Date: 11/27/11
OMG I am so happy for you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I weigh the same this morning so I am going to switch back to my coconut oil HWC in my coffee instead of having a milkshake everyday. I am not sure if that has anything to do with it or if my body is just resetting but we shall see . I hope to go down some today maybe and hopefully by tomorrow. My body seems to do this whenever I get to a low weight it freaks out for a day or two but I'm hanging in there!!!

You guys are doing SO great!!!!!!!!!
SgtBrownsWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 10:50 AM   #307
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
OMG I am so happy for you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I weigh the same this morning so I am going to switch back to my coconut oil HWC in my coffee instead of having a milkshake everyday. I am not sure if that has anything to do with it or if my body is just resetting but we shall see . I hope to go down some today maybe and hopefully by tomorrow. My body seems to do this whenever I get to a low weight it freaks out for a day or two but I'm hanging in there!!!

You guys are doing SO great!!!!!!!!!
This is good to know... we musn't freak out when we stall out. Just be patient, give yoour body a couple of days to reset, maybe adjust eating a bit. It will be important for us to support each other on days where the is no movement. It seems like this is when I tend to get down on myself and the process. I'm happy to have you there.
Old 08-30-2012, 10:52 AM   #308
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by g3rmanchik View Post
WOOT WOOT ALIE Congrats!!!!!! That is exactly how much I lost the first day!!!!!!
I am sooo happy for you!!!!! -grinning from ear to ear here-
Thank you Christina- so happy to be taking this journey with you! The support is fantastic.

No longer feeling "fluish". I went too long without earting this morning and as a result felt icky.

Coconut cream coffee at 5:30 am
Lunch 11:00

You see?
Old 08-30-2012, 11:31 AM   #309
Blabbermouth!!!

Mary, aren't u being visited by TOM???? Just saying cause I don't lose during TOM but the day after or even the day after that.....ja, so hang in there.....I had the milk shake last night for the first time at like 9pm (i got hungry no idea why). It sure was yummy

Alie, ur so right with support and all.....It is super important to me as well.....I have to eat or have a lot of fat in my coffee or snack on some bacon or cream cheese during the morning or my thyroid acts up and I dont' feel good. I get the shakes from low blood sugar....so ja....gotta eat or drink some fat.....
Old 08-30-2012, 11:48 AM   #310
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Mary, aren't u being visited by TOM???? Just saying cause I don't lose during TOM but the day after or even the day after that.....ja, so hang in there.....I had the milk shake last night for the first time at like 9pm (i got hungry no idea why). It sure was yummy

Alie, ur so right with support and all.....It is super important to me as well.....I have to eat or have a lot of fat in my coffee or snack on some bacon or cream cheese during the morning or my thyroid acts up and I dont' feel good. I get the shakes from low blood sugar....so ja....gotta eat or drink some fat.....
Mary, I too worry a bit that your TOM hasn't visisted. This way of eating may be causing your hormones to go nutty? Are you still bloated etc?

Chik, it must be tough having a thyroid problem. 3 of my aunts on my dad's side have this issue and I am sure I am on my way though doctora keep testing and saying I'm fine. Regardless, I am hoping that this way of eating will help you.
Old 08-30-2012, 11:57 AM   #311
Blabbermouth!!!

Yes, Alie it runs in my family also....goiters with it mostly...the area in germany were I was born is "famous" lolol for having the highest goiter per capital (sp?) in the world...lololol
So no surprise there...lololol
But anywho I am off of my sleeping pills and now I am also off of my depression meds. I plan on doing Iodine in the future for my thyroid...Just still learning about it...I want to be off of my meds for it and take something natural with no side effects. Well that;s the plan anyways
I am feeling very optimistic
Old 08-30-2012, 12:31 PM   #312
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Yes, Alie it runs in my family also....goiters with it mostly...the area in germany were I was born is "famous" lolol for having the highest goiter per capital (sp?) in the world...lololol
So no surprise there...lololol
But anywho I am off of my sleeping pills and now I am also off of my depression meds. I plan on doing Iodine in the future for my thyroid...Just still learning about it...I want to be off of my meds for it and take something natural with no side effects. Well that;s the plan anyways
I am feeling very optimistic
So many changes for you! I really hope you figure it all out. Makes me wonder about the part of Germany you come from...
Old 08-30-2012, 12:36 PM   #313
Blabbermouth!!!

A little town 20min outside of Heidelberg ppl go there for health baths....Natrium rich I think....but don't hold me to that...really not sure
Old 08-30-2012, 12:48 PM   #314
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
A little town 20min outside of Heidelberg ppl go there for health baths....Natrium rich I think....but don't hold me to that...really not sure
I'm not sure these health baths are so "healthy" if the folks are dealing with the largest goitr problem per capita!

On another note, I'm not overly enjoying the coffee and coconut oil in the morning... mainly because I am not a coffee drinker. Any suggestions on how to switch it up? Perhaps warm Almond milk? I dunno... hate feeling jittery from the cafeine and certainly do not need another addicition!
Old 08-30-2012, 01:26 PM   #315
Blabbermouth!!!

You could put it in tea, almond milk.....really what ever u like....or u could put it in the fridge and then scoop it out like solid and eat it straight off of the spoon.....or mix it at night with a bit of unsweetened chocolate powder and put it in muffin pan and make little frozen chocolate pieces out of it....or just coconut bark....or ....or ....or.....or...I like making my own nutella out of it or my own peanut butter cups....or I like it for a treat frozen at night...well I like it for every thing...I put it in my hair , on my skin, in my mouth...swish in the morning with it for about 10min for what is called "oil pulling"....

sorry I am wicked hyper today.....I be quiet now.....
Old 08-30-2012, 02:51 PM   #316
Senior LCF Member

Sorry I have Been MIA today ladies work is super busy getting ready for the holidays.

I am happy to report I went down .4 lbs today and I hope for bigger losses tomorrow since I am back to my coffee with CO and HWC

I haven't had regular periods for a while because of my weight and the dr put me on natural progesterone for a year which totally screwed me up so I know it's not the diet. They are actually getting more normal now. I'm not feeling as bloated so I am just ignoring it now and hopefully it will come eventually
Old 08-30-2012, 02:51 PM   #317
Senior LCF Member

You could always cook with the coconut oil or drink it in decaf coffee.
Old 08-30-2012, 03:22 PM   #318
Blabbermouth!!!

Hybrid Rasta Mama: 80 Uses for Coconut Oil

other and more stuff to do with coconut oil
Old 08-30-2012, 04:09 PM   #319
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
You could put it in tea, almond milk.....really what ever u like....or u could put it in the fridge and then scoop it out like solid and eat it straight off of the spoon.....or mix it at night with a bit of unsweetened chocolate powder and put it in muffin pan and make little frozen chocolate pieces out of it....or just coconut bark....or ....or ....or.....or...I like making my own nutella out of it or my own peanut butter cups....or I like it for a treat frozen at night...well I like it for every thing...I put it in my hair , on my skin, in my mouth...swish in the morning with it for about 10min for what is called "oil pulling"....

sorry I am wicked hyper today.....I be quiet now.....
Thank you, hyper is good!! I'm also experiencing high energy.
Old 08-30-2012, 04:11 PM   #320
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Sorry I have Been MIA today ladies work is super busy getting ready for the holidays.

I am happy to report I went down .4 lbs today and I hope for bigger losses tomorrow since I am back to my coffee with CO and HWC

I haven't had regular periods for a while because of my weight and the dr put me on natural progesterone for a year which totally screwed me up so I know it's not the diet. They are actually getting more normal now. I'm not feeling as bloated so I am just ignoring it now and hopefully it will come eventually
Funny enough, the doctor wants to put me on progesterone. Wrote me a script yesterday but I'm afraid to take it. I worry about weight gain and stall. You were so young to be on progesterone... that's terrible. Did you gain weight while taking it?
Old 08-30-2012, 04:12 PM   #321
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hybrid Rasta Mama: 80 Uses for Coconut Oil

other and more stuff to do with coconut oil
chik! You're the best!!!
Old 08-30-2012, 04:15 PM   #322
Blabbermouth!!!

I made this sauce and I am putting it over my pork chop soon

5 STARS
3 servings
3.3 net carbs per serving

3 chicken breasts
a sprinkle of cumin (I used about 1/2 tsp)
a sprinkle of chili powder (I used about 1/2 tsp)
a light sprinkle of salt
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 jalapenos, seeded and chopped (we are wimps so we just used 1 but I recommend 3)
4 oz full fat cream cheese
3/4 cup chicken broth
3 slices of bacon, chopped
1 TBSP chopped fresh cilantro (can use 1 tsp dried but I don't recommend)
3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Pan fry the bacon until crisp. Remove the bacon with a slotted spoon but leave grease. Sprinkle cumin, chili and salt on each side of chicken breasts and pan fry in the bacon grease until cooked through, flipping half way. Remove chicken and keep warm. Throw chopped jalapeno and garlic in pan and cook for approximately 2 minutes over medium heat. Add chicken broth, scraping and deglazing the leftover yummies in the pan. Add cream cheese and stir in until melted. Add shredded cheddar and stir until melted. Add bacon crumbles and cilantro, stirring through for a minute or so. Spoon sauce over chicken.
Old 08-30-2012, 04:18 PM   #323
Senior LCF Member

Mmmmm that sounds SO good!!! I need to start coming to your house for dinner lol
Old 08-30-2012, 04:32 PM   #324
Blabbermouth!!!

I copied it and made it from somebody else's post (shelby'snanna = Laura) and she got it from Lowcarblayla. just to give proper credit....
Old 08-30-2012, 04:39 PM   #325
Senior LCF Member

I wish I liked to cook. I never have but I think that may have something to do with me feeling animosity towards food because of having trouble with my weight and also feeling like nothing ever worked for me. I do however love cooking on the grill so maybe I just dislike the kitchen lol
Old 08-30-2012, 04:41 PM   #326
Senior LCF Member

My mom is a fantastic low carb cook so I am also spoiled haha

I miss having her make dinners but I'm in heaven when I go visit home
Old 08-30-2012, 04:54 PM   #327
Blabbermouth!!!

aha now the truth comes out

I like to cook sometimes....I always do it cause H's kids are still here, but sometimes I get bored with everything always tasting the same....then I see a recipe that is easy and bam...I get inspired.....lololol
Old 08-30-2012, 05:39 PM   #328
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

I made this sauce and I am putting it over my pork chop soon

5 STARS
3 servings
3.3 net carbs per serving

3 chicken breasts
a sprinkle of cumin (I used about 1/2 tsp)
a sprinkle of chili powder (I used about 1/2 tsp)
a light sprinkle of salt
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 jalapenos, seeded and chopped (we are wimps so we just used 1 but I recommend 3)
4 oz full fat cream cheese
3/4 cup chicken broth
3 slices of bacon, chopped
1 TBSP chopped fresh cilantro (can use 1 tsp dried but I don't recommend)
3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Pan fry the bacon until crisp. Remove the bacon with a slotted spoon but leave grease. Sprinkle cumin, chili and salt on each side of chicken breasts and pan fry in the bacon grease until cooked through, flipping half way. Remove chicken and keep warm. Throw chopped jalapeno and garlic in pan and cook for approximately 2 minutes over medium heat. Add chicken broth, scraping and deglazing the leftover yummies in the pan. Add cream cheese and stir in until melted. Add shredded cheddar and stir until melted. Add bacon crumbles and cilantro, stirring through for a minute or so. Spoon sauce over chicken.
This sounds GREAT!
Old 08-30-2012, 07:05 PM   #329
Senior LCF Member

I'm that way when it comes to decorating. I have decorated my entire house probably 3 times and I have lived here two years LOL
Old 08-31-2012, 03:53 AM   #330
Senior LCF Member

Not great news.... I gained a pound. I know why... I up'd my calories to over 2000 yesaterday as an experiment and had too much salt. I am still not detered because I still am down .6 overall. Today, I reduce calories back to original and see what happens. No BM for 5 days doesn't help. Going to have to work on that (sorry for the "too much info").
A little bummed (excuse the punn). lol