Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2012, 07:32 AM   #271
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Flavia
Stats: lose 50lbs
Right?!!!!! And the week isn't over yet...it goes till fri night or sat morning....well mine does...
That makes 12lbs all together now....woot woot
At the end of all of this I will send Mary a present because if it weren't for her post I would not have even lost at all <3
Flavia is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-29-2012, 08:39 AM   #272
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SgtBrownsWife
Stats: (height 5'10)254/206.8/145
WOE: LCHFMP
Start Date: 11/27/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlieKatt View Post
Caved and started this morning....

One mistake, instead of putting 3 tbs of coconut oil in my coffee, I only put one.

Will do hamburger patti with cheese and bacon this afternoon

And cream cheese for supper/ snack

Then the eggs and mayo thingy. Maybe I will cook eggs in coconut oil that I left out this morning

Keep your fingers crossed for me!

I'll keep you posted.

Alie
That sounds like a great plan!! I don't blame you for caving . Christina is right about switching things up. You will gradually change things up some to suit you as you go but this is a great menu to start so you understand exactly what percentages to eat per day at first I still do pretty much this same diet except I do the "milkshake" some times In place of the coffee with CO and HWC and I do pure wheat bran with almond milk and heavy whipping cream some times for fiber (not the regular wheat bran cereal).
SgtBrownsWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:41 AM   #273
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by g3rmanchik View Post
Right?!!!!! And the week isn't over yet...it goes till fri night or sat morning....well mine does...
That makes 12lbs all together now....woot woot
At the end of all of this I will send Mary a present because if it weren't for her post I would not have even lost at all <3
You're doing SO great!!!!

I am so glad I could help you

I have struggled sO much of g life in means the world to find something that works and share it with others
Old 08-29-2012, 08:56 AM   #274
Blabbermouth!!!

Old 08-29-2012, 08:56 AM   #275
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Morning all

Cathy thinking about u all the time....hope its over soon

Alie, glad ur joining us woot....can't wait to see how it works with you. I started out on those foods also from Mary. But now I am changing it up some.....U'll figure out how ur body works....

Mary, good morning! Great post about the surcalose!!! What comp does it now??? I mean what is it called in the store??? Do you know by chance?????

They have this "liquid Splenda" at publix I know for sure and probably Walmart. They come in all different brandS but just look for the liquid sweetener above the Splenda, sweet n low etc. the one I like absolute best though is called EZ Sweets you can get that one off of amazon
Old 08-29-2012, 09:23 AM   #276
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AlieKatt
Stats: 272/229.8/150
WOE: Low carb, moderate protein, high fat
Start Date: July 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtBrownsWife View Post
That sounds like a great plan!! I don't blame you for caving . Christina is right about switching things up. You will gradually change things up some to suit you as you go but this is a great menu to start so you understand exactly what percentages to eat per day at first I still do pretty much this same diet except I do the "milkshake" some times In place of the coffee with CO and HWC and I do pure wheat bran with almond milk and heavy whipping cream some times for fiber (not the regular wheat bran cereal).
Mary, I wonder if you wouldn't mind providing me with percentages I should be sticking to. As of right now, having finished my burger, cheese bacon, my percentages are as follows:

Fat (77%) Carbs (3%)
Protein (21%) Alcohol (0%)

Mind you, I still have cream cheese and then eggs and mayo later.

Just need a visual guide to go by- if you don't mind.

Thanks!

Alie
AlieKatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:26 AM   #277
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Should have posted this here... and not below
Mary, I wonder if you wouldn't mind providing me with percentages I should be sticking to. As of right now, having finished my burger, cheese bacon, my percentages are as follows:

Fat (77%) Carbs (3%)

Thanks and sorry for the double post!

Alie
Old 08-29-2012, 09:31 AM   #278
Blabbermouth!!!

Alie, I think the percentages are on page one all the way on top....I am sure as soon as Mary can she will provide u with more details.
I am sooo happy ur here and sharing this with us.....can't wait to see ur loss
Old 08-29-2012, 09:35 AM   #279
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Should have posted this here... and not below

Fat (77%) Carbs (3%)

Thanks and sorry for the double post!

Alie
Here are my percentages from yesterday
83% fat
5% carbs
9% protein

That was eating 1,820 calories
180 grams of fat (I try to keep fat at 180g or above)
9 grams net carbs (you can go up to 15 g carbs)
42 g protein (you can safely go to 55-60g of protein this was just a low day for me)

Old 08-29-2012, 09:37 AM   #280
Blabbermouth!!!

baking bacon from the butcher cut real thick....yummo Cant wait to eat some
Old 08-29-2012, 09:40 AM   #281
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
baking bacon from the butcher cut real thick....yummo Cant wait to eat some
Mmmmm that sounds SO good!

Well as of this morning I am back down to my lowest weight after my naughty Friday eating fries and pickles. That salt really killed me. I am hoping for big losses in the next couple of days. I am paying very close attention especially today since I like to sabbatoge myself when I get to my lowest weights LOL. I am having to pee a lot so I can tell I am letting go of water whoop whoop!
Old 08-29-2012, 09:48 AM   #282
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Alie, I think the percentages are on page one all the way on top....I am sure as soon as Mary can she will provide u with more details.
I am sooo happy ur here and sharing this with us.....can't wait to see ur loss
Thanks Christina!
Old 08-29-2012, 09:50 AM   #283
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Here are my percentages from yesterday
83% fat
5% carbs
9% protein

That was eating 1,820 calories
180 grams of fat (I try to keep fat at 180g or above)
9 grams net carbs (you can go up to 15 g carbs)
42 g protein (you can safely go to 55-60g of protein this was just a low day for me)

Thanks you! Will record this in my journal to ensure I don't lose it. I have to say that I am feeling satisfied, not hungry, energy is good. Fingers crossed!
Old 08-29-2012, 09:53 AM   #284
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Thanks you! Will record this in my journal to ensure I don't lose it. I have to say that I am feeling satisfied, not hungry, energy is good. Fingers crossed!
Yay!!!! You will feel even more satisfied when you start dropping . I can't even tell you my shock when I lost so much the first 3 days after being stalled for 2 1/2 months. It was amazing and still is
Old 08-29-2012, 10:17 AM   #285
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Mmmmm that sounds SO good!

Well as of this morning I am back down to my lowest weight after my naughty Friday eating fries and pickles. That salt really killed me. I am hoping for big losses in the next couple of days. I am paying very close attention especially today since I like to sabbatoge myself when I get to my lowest weights LOL. I am having to pee a lot so I can tell I am letting go of water whoop whoop!
YEAH!!! That is awesome! So if you average how many days you have been doing this new modified WOE and the weight you have lost, does it still average higher than the 'ol 1.5 a week Induction has been giving?

Another question... I heard you mention you will stay on this WOE for the duration. Do you worry that when you return to reg LC that you'll gain. I mean the science says we shouldn't but I wonder.
Old 08-29-2012, 10:51 AM   #286
Blabbermouth!!!

Yay Mary for getting back down......and even further down from here on out!!!! woot!!!
Old 08-29-2012, 11:27 AM   #287
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
YEAH!!! That is awesome! So if you average how many days you have been doing this new modified WOE and the weight you have lost, does it still average higher than the 'ol 1.5 a week Induction has been giving?

Another question... I heard you mention you will stay on this WOE for the duration. Do you worry that when you return to reg LC that you'll gain. I mean the science says we shouldn't but I wonder.
I average a loss of 4.3 lbs a week even with my naughty day Friday eating the salty fries and pickles that really set me back. I have been doing this exactly 21 days as of today and am down 12.8 lbs.

I am not worried about going off of this particular plan because I am still going to use the same rules but I will maybe increase carbs to 20-30 and protein to maybe 80. If that makes sense I will just have to feel it out and see what makes me maintain but I plan to always try to control my protein and keep fat higher. We will lbe able to eat yummy things like chicken Caesar salad and steak just like the rest of them

Last edited by SgtBrownsWife; 08-29-2012 at 11:29 AM..
Old 08-29-2012, 11:28 AM   #288
Senior LCF Member

Just weighed and I am down another .4 today!!!!! 219.2 now I haven't seen this weight in years!
Old 08-29-2012, 11:42 AM   #289
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I average a loss of 4.3 lbs a week even with my naughty day Friday eating the salty fries and pickles that really set me back. I have been doing this exactly 21 days as of today and am down 12.8 lbs.

I am not worried about going off of this particular plan because I am still going to use the same rules but I will maybe increase carbs to 20-30 and protein to maybe 80. If that makes sense I will just have to feel it out and see what makes me maintain but I plan to always try to control my protein and keep fat higher. We will lbe able to eat yummy things like chicken Caesar salad and steak just like the rest of them
So ture. I'm so excited about weigin in the morning! I just can't get over how clear my thinking is today and no sign of the moodiness I was feeling yesterday. This just may be the only way for me.
Old 08-29-2012, 11:49 AM   #290
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
So ture. I'm so excited about weigin in the morning! I just can't get over how clear my thinking is today and no sign of the moodiness I was feeling yesterday. This just may be the only way for me.
I'm so glad it's making you feel better!!! it's amazing what the right food will do for u!! I'm SO excited for all of us to weigh in tomorrow I don't know how I'm going to sleep lol
Old 08-29-2012, 12:06 PM   #291
Blabbermouth!!!

I still don't know how u lose during the day....lololol but hey WOOT WOOT

Baking real thick pork loin pieces now with mayo and shredded parmesan, romano.
Old 08-29-2012, 01:53 PM   #292
Blabbermouth!!!

ok, got done making tomato sauce and done canning the cherry tomatoes....
supper is ready also

Hey Mary, just thinking....being so hot in that kitchen in this heat I was dreaming about putting the "milkshake" in the freezer and then eating it like ice cream kinda. U think that would work?????
maybe even with a bit of coffee in it or unsweetened chocolate or some coconut milk .....omg

Last edited by Flavia; 08-29-2012 at 01:54 PM..
Old 08-29-2012, 01:58 PM   #293
Senior LCF Member

I think that might work!!! I don't know why it wouldn't if freezing it doesn't work as well you could always use a hand mixer and whip it to make it more think and nice and cold
Old 08-29-2012, 03:42 PM   #294
Senior LCF Member

My numbers for the day... it is real hard to nail them exactly but I think I am close. Please take a look and give me some feed back if you have a chance. The one that has me worried is that I seem low on carbs and calories and a little too high on protein... though they say you do not want too little because you could lose muscle.

Fat 78%
Protein 19%
Carbs 3%

CALORIES 1419
125 grams of fat
10 grams of carbs (too low?)
63.2 grams of protein (too high?)

Should I have some veggies to bring carbs up?

Full of energy - feeling GREAT

Alie

Last edited by AlieKatt; 08-29-2012 at 03:46 PM..
Old 08-29-2012, 03:49 PM   #295
Blabbermouth!!!

Alie, how tall are you, how much do you weigh and how much do you want to lose and how old are you???? I think that all plays a role in it too....also how much do u move in a given day????
if u don't wonna say "out loud" then maybe PM Mary in private?????
Old 08-29-2012, 04:12 PM   #296
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
My numbers for the day... it is real hard to nail them exactly but I think I am close. Please take a look and give me some feed back if you have a chance. The one that has me worried is that I seem low on carbs and calories and a little too high on protein... though they say you do not want too little because you could lose muscle.

Fat 78%
Protein 19%
Carbs 3%

CALORIES 1419
125 grams of fat
10 grams of carbs (too low?)
63.2 grams of protein (too high?)

Should I have some veggies to bring carbs up?

Full of energy - feeling GREAT

Alie
The carbs are fine. I would do no more protein today. I eat lots of heavy whipping cream, almond milk, macadamia nuts, cream cheese, coconut oil in coffee. You might want to try one of the "milkshakes" if you are still hungry since that's almost no protein and lots of fat. The "milkshake" I make has 2 cups unsweeetened almond milk, 8 tbsp HWC and some liquid Splenda in it. You can add less HWC if you want. That mix has exactly 47g of fat in it and exactly 2 g of protein. Be careful with things like cheese and meat since those have lots of protein.
Old 08-29-2012, 04:14 PM   #297
Senior LCF Member

As far as calories go I would go off of what you know works well for you. If you have an idea of what calorie counts make you full but still lose weight use that. If u don't u may just have to adjust things around until u see what works for u. For me no less than 1,700 calories a day or it slows me down but I am 5'10. Whatever u do don't make yourself hungry.
Old 08-29-2012, 04:15 PM   #298
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Alie, how tall are you, how much do you weigh and how much do you want to lose and how old are you???? I think that all plays a role in it too....also how much do u move in a given day????
if u don't wonna say "out loud" then maybe PM Mary in private?????
No secrets here for sure...

I'm perimenoposal so lower calories are probably good
I'm 42
I'm 5'5"
I'm wayyy over weight - currently at 255
I easily have 100 pounds to lose
I work at an office job and am a desk most of the day. I am not very active recently but will change that in another 20 pounds

I think that does it.
Old 08-29-2012, 04:27 PM   #299
Blabbermouth!!!

Alie I am also peri. I am 47 and 5'6" and started at 207.4. My first goal is 50lbs. I am also very sedentary lately......not exercising and not walking. I am at home all day...

I lose a bit slower then Mary I think due to age and thyroid/hormone stuff...my cals are a bit lower then hers but not much I think.

Good post and good advice Mary I am so glad ur around and keep us "straight". It's so easy to fall back into the old lc and then be stuck again......
Old 08-29-2012, 05:01 PM   #300
Senior LCF Member

Oh you're telling me!!! This WOE is so important to have support with since itgoes against a lot of the common beliefs out there. That's okay though. We have each other and we will prove our way is right when we are all skinny