LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2012, 06:01 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: oi8that2
Stats: 199.5/197/160 After 1 week
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: August 9, 2012
OI8that2 is ready to lose!

Welp, today is the day! I must lose 40lb and now I am finally determined to do so!! YAY.... One day in, and the rest of my life to go.

I have tried every diet on the planet. Yes, all have worked, but my lost weight always has found me! No more!!

I am going to try to post every day. I am sitting at 199.5. My goal is 160 lb and I am highly motivated, so are there any friend out there that need to lose about the same and are ready to do this with me? I sure hope so because I am not including my family in the journey. Honestly, they are super sick of all my try & fails. So, this time I really need some online buddies!

Tanya
oi8that2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-10-2012, 09:09 AM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Day 2

8-10-12 Day 2

OK! Did great last night! This morning ate 1 boiled egg & a greek yogurt. I love yogurt and really want to keep it in my diet! So, if all my carbs are used eating it, I guess that's the way it'll have to be. Unless I am not losing, then begone with the yogurt!

So far 22 Carbs and only 28 to go for the rest of the day. Wondering how to really count the carbs though. Do I take the total carb count on the package, or do I subtract the fiber content toget net carbs? Question I will ask forum.

Lunch: Hum, I need a PLAN!! But, I am not even hungry enough for lunch. I might skip iT: OH I KNOW, not good!!! But, I really have never skipped a meal since high school! Probably the reason I have gotten so fluffy!

Dinner: I might take hubby to Mex restaurant and get something carb free. Alambres' Yum... Just gotta stay away from the beans, rice, & chips. Kids camping with church tonight, so DATE NIGHT for us!

I read last night about the CARB FLU, I so do not want that!!! Scary!!!

So far, so good! GoalS: Find Low Carb Friends with about the same goals so that we can support each other!
Old 08-11-2012, 09:05 PM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Day 3

So far so good!! I planned to post every day and I almost missed posting by 5 min.

Todays weight: 194 5.5 lb loss... Hope to keep on losing. This week I am focusing on the low-carb stuff. Next week, the kids start school and then I will low-carb it and add the workouts about 3x a week.

Goal on finding LC Buddies. Going to save that till next week so that I can post a little when the kids & hubby are not around, since this LC change is under the radar right now... I hope I lose a lot fast so they will notice.

Was way under carb count today because I just was not hungry at all.

B: Yogurt, 2 eggs, Jimmy Dean hot sausage- 17 carbs
L: none
D: Very late, because I didn't get hungry till 10:30pm??? Tomorrow, I will make myself eat earlier. Anyway, I had a Pepper Jack Cheese Stick and a couple bites of sausage.

I did have a mango crystal light and 1/2 diet a&w root beer, one cup coffee & lots of water.

Well that is it for today. Church comes early tomorrow-no plans tomorrow about eating. We usually eat out, which will be easy if we do- We usually go to Mexican & it'll be easy to order Guacamole salad & something like fajitas.

Until tomorrow------ Me Day 3 is in the record books- YAY- I usually don't get through day 1

Goal: Make weekly menu and incorporate veggies. Family won't even notice me skipping the carb stuff.
Old 08-13-2012, 01:11 PM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Hello for the day!

Day 4 and 5 have to be logged together.. So, I read some posts yesterday and I am going to switch over to the JUDDD thing-a-lingee!! I think it will work for me. I am giving it a REAL heave-ho effort for 60 days & see what my results are. On day 65, I should know how it is going and if I wanna stick to it, or go back to LC. However, I have been thinking since 569 is my dd and my hd is 2277, I could do whatever (but healthy) on the dds and LC on the hds. Carb stuff just doesn't have a lot of calories, so I would be eating a ton of CRAP to get my calories in. LC foods have more calories, so the 2277 would be extremely easy to reach... Also, after a few weeks, I have read that you are not hungry on your hds and really don't want to eat a lot. TODAY I am starting on the DD.

B: 1 cup almond/coconut (awesome) milk 45cal/1carb & coffee
L: Bowl Chick Broth & about 24 Brussel Sprouts 210/2 & Unsweet tea
Sounds gross, but I LOVE BS!! LOL
D: About 300 calories left & we will see..........

Today was my major coupon shopping day, so I am going to start exercising tomorrow after i see the kids off to school, nothing major-- just maybe 30 min on the eliptical and some very light weights..... Next week, I will add some short jogging intervals and maybe start the ABS Diet workout.. That is the weight lifting program that got my BW down to 17%. Whoo hoo. Let's see what happens in 60 days. Until tomorrow!!
Old 08-13-2012, 02:40 PM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: cfine
Stats: 276/221/199
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: April 2012
You're doing great!! Keep it up.
cfine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 03:26 PM   #6
Junior LCF Member

WOW Thank you cfine!! I appreciate that!!!

Day 6:

500 cal was a little harder than I though. I got super hungry at 8pm and ate a banana, broccoli, peanut butter.... ah must I go on....

Oh well. did a UD today, but I am only at 1400 cal and I am done for the night. Tomorrow is a DD, and I am going to do it!!!! I have a Dr. appt in the morning, and church tomorrow night, so not much time at home. I must make a plan to stick with though and I know I must save calories for later in the evening, or just have will power & tell myself that 36 hours will pass faster if I stop eatting around 2pm....

I am not going to weigh until day 14! Oh, I hope to get on the scale and see a drop!

Tonight, I AM going to get 30 min in on the eliptical. I am so tired, but I am going to do it anyway. My hubby says that my face looks a lot slimmer. I have recently stopped taking Buspirone & Citalophram, so maybe I am losing a little face puff from the non-meds.???

Well, another day in history. Only a better me in the future! Until tomorrow.
Old 08-14-2012, 05:38 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: gello5440
WOE: Low Carb - Atkins
Start Date: October 2010
oi8that2 is a very clever screen name! Good luck on your Juddd diet quest. I enjoy your posts.
gello5440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 11:14 AM   #8
Junior LCF Member

Day 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by gello5440 View Post
oi8that2 is a very clever screen name! Good luck on your Juddd diet quest. I enjoy your posts.
Thank you about my Name!! Oh My , it is soooo true because I LOVE ALL foods from Chicken Livers to Spinach..... My problem: I always have. The only thing I KNOW I would totally turn down is Hershey's milk chocolate bars! Weird huh, I just don't like the stuff. However, every other food on planet earth is not safe around me. (( Working on that ))))

OK, Day 7---- my scale is weighing me in at 197! I know, I said I was not going to weigh until day 14, but it's been one whole week and I couldn't resist. Plus, I went to the Dr. today & their scale put me at 201. I just had to see a ((( 1 ))) in the hundreds place for affirmation! So one week in the books and I will take the 2.5 lb loss. When I saw 197, I was a little bummed because I had been 194---- I guess that is why you only weigh once a week, so you don't get discouraged about weight fluctuation. So from day 1, 2.5 lb loss is great. Hey it's not a 2.5 gain........ OR A 10 lb gain, which is totally easy for me in a weeks time....

YAY FOR ME I actually jumped on the eliptical last night and did 45 min. My batteries were dead, so there was no resistance ((bummer ). I borrowed my 14 year old son's ipod and went the speed of what ever song came up! Found a few that need deleting! Apparently there is some woman that likes Shaggies "sugar cane" and Guns and roses likes to tell everyone to "" Blank Off." Strange when you hear those songs & then jam to Toby Mac's Hello Devil & Captured. I love Christian Artist Toby Mac and loved the words to those two songs. Son and I had a talk because all in all he is "perfect" son. Really, I couldn't ask for a more amazing child. He said "oh, I know mom. I have been meaning to take those off, but had to go through my i tunes account on Dad's computer, so I have just been skipping those songs until I get a chance." I do believe him, he has never gave me a reason not to. The eliptical jog was awesome and I can't believe I was able to go so long! I am going to go for another 30 min today before the kids get home from school. I guess I need some batteries!

Wow, LONG POST, I have had my COFFEE today and I have officially banned myself from Facebook till I get my 2011 taxes completed!

Today is my first TRUE DD AT 569 calories. I CAN DO IT

B: coffee 0
Lunch: salad 250
Dinner: 4 oz Chicken & Corn on cob 265
Snack: 1/2 yogurt: 45
Crystal light Mango (yummmm) 5
Gum (Do I even count these, 2 @ 5 = 10)

Total 575 if I count gum???? I am not counting gum!.... I don't think I am counting gum??..... well, let me ask if I need to count gum!!!

If anyone is following along with my journal, let me know and I'll follow yours! We can do it together.. 6 months from now, we can celebrate a major loss instead of staying in the same miserable pudgy boat that keeps inviting me on voyages that go no where! I want to send that SHIP A SAILING!!!!!!!!!!

Until tomorrow ....... Tanya OH No I did't eat that TODAY!!!!!!!!
Old 08-16-2012, 09:46 AM   #9
Junior LCF Member

Day 8

Day 7 did not go as planned at all! BUt, we'll see if I can remedy that today!

I didn't realize that the new church we are attending had a fellowship dinner before the wednesday night service. My husband wanted to go and meet some other members. Thankfully they had chicken & salad, which is what I had, but then I had the oreo dessert after dinner. Since I didn't know anyone there yet, I just went ahead and ate the dessert with everyone else. It was a great time of fellowship.

The planned turned sour on the way home! A lady was walking her pit bull on a make shift leash along the busy highway that I was driving. Apparently the dog ran away from her, darted into the road, and before I could do anything it was 2 feet in front of my car. My daughter screamed "DOG", but there was traffic beside me, behind me, and coming toward me........for the safety of my family and other drivers on the road, there was nothing I could do but keep traveling the same speed. Needless to say, the dog was instantly killed. I turned around a waited for the police and animal control. I felt horrible and still do.

After we got home, my anxiety raided the cabinets! A magnum bar, peanut butter, crackers with avocado & left over pork chop, goldfish, more crackers with jalapeno cheese..... I think that was it.. Eating all that did not make me feel better, like I thought it would. It made me bloated and sleepy today!

Today, I woke up thinking it was a UD so I ate a PB & J (440), but I wasn't and I'm still not even hungry. I am going to try to make today & tomorrow 500 cal days to get back on schedule. I really do not want that 2.5 lbs back.

Until tomorrow. Tanya
Old 08-17-2012, 12:44 PM   #10
Junior LCF Member

Day 9

Today has not been the best, but I am not starting over with day 1 like I usually would. I am putting the breaks on now and giving myself a big kick in the pants.

Things I have found out this week.

1) Doing the drinks for the first 2 weeks is probably best, because any kind of food makes me want to eat more.

2) Even if I feel like running forever, DON't! When you are out of shape and run 45 min on the eliptical, you can dont walk for days.

3) Cooking dinner is posing a problem for me! I need to cook things I DO NOT like! and if there are left overs (that my family will never eat), give them away or throw them away. As much as I hate to waste food (any food), I have got to throw left overs away because the next day when no one is at home but me, they call my name!

4) For me to be sucessful at weightloss, I am going to have to JUDDD & LC together. Eating carbs just makes me binge.

Today is my UD: Ate it all by 3:30, and was all carbby crap.... Can't wait till tomorrow's DD!!!

DD & DS are going to GA for the weekend. I think I will plan a little mountian bike riding with the DDaughter tommorrow. Since she is trying hard to banish the bulge, she will love it.

Until Tomorrow!
Old 08-17-2012, 09:41 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: skyesmom2002
Stats: 194/167/154
WOE: Trim Healthy Mama
Hi Tanya,

You can do this! JUDDD has been great for me and yes,there are many people that do it LC. Are you reading the JUDDD boards? There's a lot of knowledgable, nice ladies over there.You'll figure out the way it works for you!

Take care....

Nice name
skyesmom2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 06:31 AM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: cfine
Stats: 276/221/199
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: April 2012
I'm so sorry about the dog incident I had that happen to me a couple of years ago and it was horrible! I cried for days. You are doing great!
cfine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 11:34 AM   #13
Junior LCF Member

I have been MIA lately.... Slid back into my crazy life after hitting the dog... As much as I hate it, I am going to have to start over!