Old 08-07-2012, 10:36 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: CJRogue
Stats: 215/200/185
WOE: "All the steak you can eat" diet LOL
Start Date: December 2011
CJRogue's Diet Journal

Started December 2011 @ 215 pounds.
For the past 3 years, since I quit smoking, I've eaten everything in sight!
Guess I traded one potential heart-condition for another.

Not a by-the-book diet, but I lost 25# over 5-6 months by eating low carb, high meat and high fat diet. Lots of broccoli, water, and multi-vitamins. A guy's dream diet in a way since I love steak, chicken, BBQ, pork chops, etc. Big cheesy omelets everyday for breakfast instead of a BLT. I learned to smoke jerky and chicken during this time, so that was a bonus! I didn't work out or even break a sweat once! That was my first goal.

So, I lost a few more pounds and went on "carb-a-palooza" for a weekend, then back to the diet for a couple weeks with no significant changes. Been back on high carbs (lots of chips, pancakes, sugarry goodness etc) for a few weeks and, of course, gained about 10# back.

So, I guess I'm on some kind of modified carb-cycling plan.

Guess I'll go back to low-carbing for a few weeks/months and take sporadic breaks just to enjoy other food for awhile. Trying not to yo-yo much, but I sure enjoyed watching the pounds fall off there when I was very strict and eating less than 50 (often less than 20) carbs/day.

I think I have healthy self-image for a 39 year old dude, don't want to be "too skinny" and I figure 180-195 on my 6'0 frame is about right, despite what the BMI calculators say. Denial? Maybe some, but I don't want to develop a full-on eating disorder either.

I have to say that I was proud of the discipline I mustered to stick with the diet, found it surprisingly easy to do, and I've never had to diet before so low-carbing was a great introduction to being a little healthier.

OK, journal started.
Good luck, y'all.
CJRogue is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-2012, 10:21 PM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: CJRogue
Stats: 215/200/185
WOE: "All the steak you can eat" diet LOL
Start Date: December 2011
1 pound to goal wt (185).
2 perks to lc'ing that I didn't expect are that I hardly ever get an upset stomach after eating now (I thought it was fatty foods making me have reflux but not now), and I don't get tired after lunch.

Had a kind of long stall for a few weeks.

Seems that having a mild carb-up meal (pancakes for breakfast on Sundays) a few times/month seems to actually help kickstart ketosis again.
CJRogue is offline   Reply With Quote