Old 08-24-2012, 06:04 PM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Hooligan
Stats: 245/210/145
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Restart: August 2, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooligan View Post
OK...no time to post a lengthy entry right now...but I'm still here! Yeah! Down 5 more to 235!!!!! Yay me!
Oooops...I meant 230! Even Better!
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 08:11 PM   #33
Senior LCF Member

I'm still here...plugging along...following a plan mostly. I've had a couple bad weeks, the last two to be exact and before I destroy what little I've done this year, I'm coming back here. I'm currently 220. I was hedging down to 210 but then, well...you know...it started with a little cheat...I'm not even sure why. I didn't notice a gain and then the next time I was able to cheat easier and then easier still. I'm not sure why I cheated and to be honest, I don't even care. I do know that I need to stop it! I also need to get stricter with myself. 25 pounds in almost 8 months is really pretty pathetic! That being said though...this time last year I had gained almost 60 in 8 months so I guess I need to accept the small hurdles and learn from them. I'm a high school teacher with 2 young children and the school year is really difficult for me. I have a hard time planning meals and packing lunches for myself and I've really slacked lately. I also feel like I have no time to exercise during the year which needs to stop too. I have 2 big weddings this summer and a dress I bought that I need to fit into. It fits now, but I need to lose probably 15 more pounds to look good in it. That will be quite a challenge for me since the 1st wedding is June 1st! Yikes! Anyway, it's back to the grind I go!

~Robert Frost

My Journal...such as it is
245 240 235 230 225 220 215 210 205 200 195 190 185 180 175 170 165 160 155 150 145
Old 04-21-2013, 08:59 PM   #34
Senior LCF Member

My goals for this week are:

Drink some water (this is hard for me...I live off of coffee and diet Pepsi) I don't think I can give up my coffee...but this week I'm going to switch water for my pop

Take daily vitamins

Get to sleep at a reasonable hour

Pack my lunch every day
Old 04-21-2013, 09:11 PM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Rebecca1979
Stats: 286/239/199 (for now!)
WOE: 2208/442 (11/5/13)
Start Date: October 19, 2013
I'm loving your blog! Keep postin'!

<3
Rebecca1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:13 AM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Took my vitamins today, passed on the diet Pepsi at lunch and packed my lunch today. So far, so good! I plan on having bean-less chili for dinner. Overall, today has been a successful day so far.

Another thing I think I need to work on is creating the life I want to lead. My current life is so different than the life I'd pictured when I was younger. Horse ranch in Montana aside (hey, we all have dreams, right?), I thought I would be a much more active adult. I guess when we're younger, we don't think about things like energy levels and aging but still...I thought I would do more and be more active, especially with my kids. I want to go hiking, I want to take weekend camping trips, I want to go fishing. I don't live in an area where we have bike paths or sidewalks easily accessible so I use that as an excuse for not doing anything. I need to stop the wall building and look at what resources I do have available and make the most of them. Also, by the time I get home from work I'm exhausted...hopefully the daily vitamins and increased water will help with this. I do think though that lazy behavior can be habit forming and I think that I've allowed myself to become lazy and I need to break that habit. I think being more active will increase my energy levels and further increase my weight loss. I also know I want to set a good example for my kids and these are all things I need to work on. I also know that I need to get back to work now since lunch is now over and get as much done now so I have less to bring home with me! So on that note, I'm signing off for now.
Old 04-23-2013, 11:04 AM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Vitamins, check! Water, check! Packed luch, check! I'm having a little trouble with the constant peeing from the water but I did manage to drink 2 liters of water yesterday and mostly through my first one today. I find that I drink coffee all day and only drink water when I'm eating. I really do drink too much coffee and I need to work on weening myself down a bit, but I think that will be a goal for a later date. Right now, I'm just going to worry about substituting water for my pop. The pop, I feel I can live without. Coffee, on the other hand, is still a crutch I rely too much on right now to give up. On that note, lunch break is over and it's time to poor myself another cup of coffee and get back to work! Have a great day!
Old 04-23-2013, 01:48 PM   #38
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Rebecca1979
Stats: 286/239/199 (for now!)
WOE: 2208/442 (11/5/13)
Start Date: October 19, 2013
Checking in! <3
Rebecca1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 02:36 PM   #39
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bacon bit
Stats: 201/137.2/135 5'2"/33 yrs
WOE: Moving up the Induction ladder
Start Date: May 2011
Coffee is my weakness, too!
bacon bit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:04 AM   #40
Senior LCF Member

OK...so I really need to work on getting to bed at a reasonable hour! I'm tired today...I hit a wall right around 11a.m. and am still tired. I also forgot to take my vitamins this morning so perhaps that has something to do with it. Maybe it's more of a placebo effect for me, but I really feel as though I have more energy and am more alert when I take my vitamins. I take a really good daily multivitamin, 2 vitamin C's, a Calcium, and sometimes a potassium. I also didnt eat breakfast this morning, but I usually never eat breakfast. I'm not hungry in the morning so I just don't think about it. I usually don't start feeling hungry until 10 or 11 am. I think I need to start packing myself a morning snack in addition to my lunches because I think that will help the brain drain. Maybe I'll try some of those fat bombs I keep reading about. At least then, I could pop one of those in the morning and then bring a few pieces of cheese to snack on until lunch time. Previously I would keep some Atkins Advantage bars on hand to bring into work, but those get expensive and I tend to over-indulge on them. I've been very good on the water front too. I'm now on day 3 with no diet Pepsi! I checked the scale this moring and I'm back down to 215 so that is encouraging.

Menu for today: Breakfast: nothing
Lunch: 2 chicken legs
Dinner: probably 2 pork chops and a side veggie (probably green beans)
Snack: Probably coffee with cream and some cheese. Maybe a spoonful of peanut butter.
Old 04-25-2013, 05:27 PM   #41
Senior LCF Member

Hit a wall again today...I became really tired again around lunchtime. I took my vitamins and ate some cheese this morning for a mid morning snack, probably around 10 a.m. I did not have my usual coffee this morning though so maybe that has something to do with it. I did make a pot during my break and started to perk up about 1:30 or so. Maybe it was caffeine withdrawal? I'm not really sure. I bought some ketostix yesterday and have been checking...I've been in low to moderate so I guess that's ok...Now I just need to resist the urge to pee on a stick every time I go to the bathroom!

My menu for today looks like this:
Breakfast: 4 oz. or so of Pepper jack cheese
Lunch: 1/2 of a pork chop and roasted Brussels sprouts (probably too many of those)
Dinner: Cabbage and ground turkey stirfry with mushrooms made with tons of butter to up the fat.

And of course my beloved coffee with HWC...plenty of that!

I don't like measuring my carbs and portion sizes since I tend to turn into a carb ****, but I've been at this for so many years now on and off the wagon that I feel like I know what I should and should not eat. If I have trouble losing after cutting the wine/beer out of my intake, I will take a closer look. The way I see it, if I'm trying to make this a way of living, I shouldn't live like I'm on a diet. The constant measuring and documenting starts to be a chore and I will get frustrated. Also, if I go over a "limit" I believe it will make me more likely to justify a binge. Instead, I try and eat plenty of the things I know I can eat, moderate to the best of my ability the slightly carby things (veggies and what not), and stay away completely from the things I cannot have.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:09 AM   #42
Senior LCF Member

OK...so, I'm feeling pretty good today! My energy is up but it's also a beautiful day and a Friday to boot! I'm down to 213 so I'm excited about that. I'm bummed that I'm only losing weight I've already lost, but I will take what I can get! I won't really feel like I'm losing again until I get below 210. Hopefully that will be sometime next week. I wasn't hungry at all today until lunch time so even though I brought some cottage cheese with me to have as a mid morning snack, I did not touch it until lunch. The water's been going down well too. I have had some pop but only a few sips. Probably less than a can yesterday and none yet today.

Breakfast: Coffee w/ HWC

Lunch: 1/2 container of cottage cheese (2 servings)
Ate about 1/2 of the ground turkey and cabbage I brought.

Dinner: Who knows?

So, I've been thinking lately about getting my hair done for a Onderland treat and I'm a little torn about it. Someone on another thread suggested that I just get it done now and feed off the increased self esteem, and use something else for a onderland goal but I'm a little torn about it. I was actually thinking of going really bold for me, and adding in a fun and funky color for the summer. I'm a redhead naturally and have gone a bit dingy over the years (I'm 36) so I need a touch up to the red but I was also thinking about adding a chunk of blue or purple or some outrageous color to either side of my face with a side part. I know It sounds kind of crazy but I think it would be fun for summer. I"m not sure if I'm actually brave enough to do this but I've really been thinking about doing it for a while. I think the thing that really keeps me from doing it is that I think I'm getting too old for stuff like that. I don't know...it could be fun though! I also want to get my cartilage pierced and get double and triple pierced too...I want to get my daughters' birthstones for my 2nd and 3rd holes. I'm 36....What the heck is wrong with me? Am I getting too old for this?
Old 04-27-2013, 07:22 PM   #43
Senior LCF Member

Ketostick was dark today, Woo Hoo!!! I had a great day today! The sun was shining and I worked in the garden all day while the girls chased the chickens around the yard. I love days like today. June 6th (last day of school) can't get here fast enough!

Breakfast 2 oz. of cheese & coffee with HWC
Lunch: left over cabbage and turkey stirfry
Dinner: 2 fried eggs over ham and cheese Yum! My version of Moons Over My Hammie from Denny's
Old 04-28-2013, 07:45 AM   #44
Senior LCF Member

Ketostix are still in the dark range this morning, Yeah! I've noticed that the last couple of nights I've been really hungry before bed. Not peckish as is feeling snacky but honest to goodness hungry. I have a very difficult time falling asleep if I'm hungry so last night I had several slices of salami and a few spoonfuls of Knorr Spinach dip. It did the trick but I don't like eating so late before going to bed. Maybe I'll try upping my fat intake a bit and see if that helps. I also think that it's because I've been staying up so late at night on the weekends. I tend to stray from my normal bedtime and stay up way too late. Perhaps that is the problem. Normally I would feel fine at 9 pm but by 11 or midnight, I'm hungry. Maybe I need to focus more about keeping a consistent bedtime unless there is a special occasion to stay up late.

I'm also happy to report that I'm sore today...my back, arms and legs. My time spent cleaning and preparing the garden has been effective. I loathe regimented exercise...I much prefer the idea of being a fit person through an active healthy lifestyle. It rained last night so I think my plans of getting out into the garden today have been foiled so I guess that means the majority of my day will be spent indoors cleaning, doing laundry and preparing for my upcoming week at work.
Old 05-01-2013, 06:41 PM   #45
Senior LCF Member

Still here, still plugging away. No additional losses to report but I kind of expected that. I'm just so weary of the 200's I'm tired of a lot of things right now and haven't been in too good of spirits lately. I'm still plugging along though taking my vitamins, drinking my water, eating well, and still staying in moderate to high ketosis. I'm tired right now and haven't been sleeping well. We've had our first 2 80+ degree days and I'm hot and uncomfortable. It's just been a blah, crabby day and I hate days like today!
Old 05-03-2013, 03:56 PM   #46
Senior LCF Member

Someone posted this recipe on Facebook today and since I have all the ingredients, I'm going to try it! It sounds good!

Loaded Cauliflower Casserole

Great for Low Carbers

Just like mac and cheese without the pasta

2 lbs cauliflower florets
8 oz shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
8 oz shredded Monterrey Jack cheese, divided
8 oz block cream cheese, softened
4 tablespoons heavy cream
2 bunches green onions, sliced (1 1/2 cups)
6 sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 clove garlic, grated
Salt & pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Steam cauliflower florets until tender. While cauliflower steams, cream together 6 oz of the shredded cheddar, 6 oz of the Monterrey Jack, cream cheese, and heavy cream. Stir in sliced green onions, chopped bacon, and garlic. Set aside. Drain any liquid from steamed cauliflower and add to cheese mixture. Stir cauliflower and cheese mixture together.
Taste for seasoning, and add as necessary. If you want a finer texture, give a few mashes with the potato masher. Pour into a 2-3 quart casserole and sprinkle on remaining cheddar and Monterrey Jack cheese. Cover dish with foil and bake for 25 minutes; remove foil and continue to bake until cheese is brown and bubbly. Enjoy!

According to my recipe calculator, it has 8.4 grams of carbs and 4.1 grams of Fiber for 1 of 6 servings

Last edited by Hooligan; 05-03-2013 at 04:14 PM..
Old 05-03-2013, 08:18 PM   #47
Senior LCF Member

OK...so the casserole was good, but not great. It has a great consistency and texture, but it was too cheesy. Which for me to say that, it really saying something. I LOVE cheese, but this was too much for me. I think next time I might mix in a meat like ham or something so that it's more like an all-in-one dinner casserole rather than a side dish.
Old 05-04-2013, 06:29 AM   #48
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: windygap
Stats: Ex:166/140/127 Now. 144
WOE: Atkins now doing JUDDD and lowcarb
Start Date: April28,2013JUDDD start June 16' 2013
sounds great. I am going to try this today. Thanks for posting it!
windygap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 07:10 AM   #49
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aleina
Stats: 224/ 172.9 31 Jan /150
WOE: Epi Paleo
Start Date: 15 Nov 2012 various WOES
Hello Hooligan, I like that recipe but I also think that it has too much cheese both for diet and taste purposes. I have gone over to Atkins 72 because just like you say I wnat to cut down on what I have to measure for now anyway so I will see if Ican make something like this with week one veggies. Keep up the good work and high spirits.
Aleina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:03 PM   #50
Senior LCF Member

I had another great weekend. Beautiful weather, worked in the garden and even found a sweet little surprise in my apple tree. Unfortunately momma made the nest a little low. It's only about 2 feet off the ground and we had a surprise visit from a stranger today that could pose a problem for the little sweeties!

Old 05-06-2013, 07:31 AM   #51
Senior LCF Member

210 today! Woo Hoo!!!!! I will probably gain a pound or so back this week when I up my water intake though. I'm really bad about drinking my water on the weekends. But overall it's a loss that I'm very happy with so I'm going to take it!
Old 05-06-2013, 04:22 PM   #52
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aleina
Stats: 224/ 172.9 31 Jan /150
WOE: Epi Paleo
Start Date: 15 Nov 2012 various WOES
Congrats on reaching 210 !!

EDit : Iam bad at drinking water ,too!

Last edited by Aleina; 05-06-2013 at 04:23 PM..
Aleina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:26 AM   #53
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Rosealenephoto
Stats: 216.8/214.2/140
WOE: atkins
Start Date: May 5, 2013
Congrats!!!! I just started my journey yesterday. I'm at 215- and my small goal is 199. I also have a wedding in june I need to shop for soon. . Ill be following our posts for inspiration
Rosealenephoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 04:22 PM   #54
Senior LCF Member

Congrast Rose and We can do this! If you don't mind my asking, how old and how tall are you and what is your goal weight? I'm 5'6 and I'll be 37 y.o. this July. The weight sure doesn't come off as easily as it used to. I'm afraid of how much harder things are going to be in the future if I don't get this under control now. For some reason 37 seems to be a hard number for me. It's like it doesn't compute in my head...I didn't have a problem with my early thirties and even 36 wasn't bad...but 37?!? That's just too damn close to 40 and still feel like I don't have control in my life.

Last edited by Hooligan; 05-07-2013 at 04:28 PM..
Old 05-07-2013, 07:13 PM   #55
Junior LCF Member

I am 5'7 and I will be 36 in July. The older I get the harder it is to lose. I have a gym membership that doesn't get used and mashed potatoes and pastas were something I made 3-4 nights a week . It will be a big adjustment. I saw a "fat" dr in lansing that prescribed phentermine but I can't take that with nursing. We CAN do this. It felt so good when I lost the weight last time. Now I hate leaving the house and I'm on anxiety meds form social anxiety that I'm pretty sure is weight related.
Old 05-07-2013, 07:24 PM   #56
Senior LCF Member

Ha! We sound like two peas in a pod! I tried phentermine too but I didn't like it. I also tried HCG and ended up having a seizure...not sure if it's related but the timing was awfully suspicious! It also never really felt right doing the "medical management" route...kind of like going to a hooker to get something you can't get on your own. Sorry for the poor analogy, but that's how I felt every time I got my phentermine supply. You've got an inch on me in the height department but we are really close to the same size. It will be interesting to see how we progress!
Old 05-07-2013, 07:42 PM   #57
Junior LCF Member

That is a great analogy!! And yes it sounds like our body types are pretty similar! I have n o problem with phentermine. To be honest, I just hate being overweight. I hate it. Ill take w
Anything to lose weight as long as its legal and I can be healthy. . I'm tired of not wanting to have sex. I mean, we knew when we conceived to the date because it was the only time we had done it in 4 months. I have no desire to have "fat" sex. more my issue than his.

What kind of snacks do you eat?
Old 05-07-2013, 08:50 PM   #58
Senior LCF Member

Oh my god...I feel like I'm talking to myself! I want to want to have sex! We used to have mirrored closet doors in my old house...HUGE Mistake! I accidently caught a glimpse if us one night... Needless to say, we do not have mirrors in the bedroom in our current house! But seriously, this is a very real problem in my relationship. I'm not happy in my own skin and I don't want him to see me naked, let alone touch me...and the poor man just wants to have sex with his wife. I honestly struggle with this. I mean, I know what I find attractive and when I look in the mirror, I am WAY off the mark! I know I shouldn't think that way. I don't think that way about him after all, and he's far from having a chiseled physique himself. He has never done anything to make me feel unattractive, quite the contrary...he's always grabbing, pinching, and insinuating, and I'm fine with that as long as I'm clothed. But the minute the clothes need to come off, I shut down. He doesn't understand that in the moment, it's not just me and him enjoying ourselves. It's me and him and the insecure woman in my head that is disgusted with my body and horrified that he's looking at it and touching it. It's not fair to him and I don't want to be this way anymore!
Old 05-07-2013, 08:59 PM   #59
Senior LCF Member

LOL...I got so caught up in my rant that I didn't even answer your question! Snacks...hmmm...salami and cream cheese, dill pickle spears, peanut butter and celery, Habanero BBQ almonds (awesome!), cheese, an occasional spoonful of peanut butter, cottage cheese, lunch meat. I'm pretty boring anymore. I'm well into ketosis lately and so I'm not very snacky.
Old 05-08-2013, 10:31 AM   #60
Junior LCF Member

I feel like I am talking to myself as well!! Our poor hubbies I guess we should be grateful that they are patiently waiting for us to come back to them. I'm down almost a pound from yesterday. We can do this. I need to start eating to live, not living to eat. I normally think about food ALL the time... I'm thinking about what my next meal will be while I'm eating prior meal.
How much peanut butter can we have in stage 1? I am going to go out today and get the keto strips to find out how I'm doing in that area. Where is the best place to get them?