Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2013, 11:34 AM   #1411
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tobelowcarber
Stats: 136/121.4/120
WOE: my version of healthy diet mixed with JUDDD :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeaniem View Post
Today I feel sluggish and teary and very edgy. I am busying myself with cooking meals for the week and heavy cleaning, but I can't seem to shake it. I can just envision have another binge and it's only been one day since my last binge! Do I eat all day as normal and still end up binging or do I just eat what I want. A lot of my binges just come out of nowhere it seems, but days like today I really feel like a binge would sooth my brain. Guess I'll keep trying to fight it for now.
I could binge right now too. Believe me, I can taste the chocolate and I am getting anxious, but I AM NOT GOING TO DO THIS. If I cave now I will not be able to correct this destructive behavior. If I eat now I will be in heaven for few hours but I will not be able to heal myself from binging.
tobelowcarber is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-27-2013, 11:39 AM   #1412
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I am seeing the effects of binging on my body. I was supposed to go away on a trip this coming week but I had to cancel because my colitis is flaring slightly and I don't want to travel in this condition. All brought down by myself. I was in remission and I still would have been in remission of my binging did not escalate for the past few months they way it did. I was in total remission without any meds for few years. It is depressing to think that I brought this flare up on myself I am really getting mad at myself for doing this and hopefully by being mad I will stop this destructive behavior.

My journal:
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...l#post16865441
Old 10-27-2013, 11:40 AM   #1413
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/148.4/?
WOE: lc
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobelowcarber View Post
I could binge right now too. Believe me, I can taste the chocolate and I am getting anxious, but I AM NOT GOING TO DO THIS. If I cave now I will not be able to correct this destructive behavior. If I eat now I will be in heaven for few hours but I will not be able to heal myself from binging.

I won't either. Let's do this and I promise to post if I go anywhere near my car keys! I have a heavenly pot of homemade beef/veggie soup simmering to full flavor that I will be able to eat soon.

Last edited by jeaniem; 10-27-2013 at 11:46 AM..
jeaniem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 11:45 AM   #1414
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobelowcarber View Post
I am seeing the effects of binging on my body. I was supposed to go away on a trip this coming week but I had to cancel because my colitis is flaring slightly and I don't want to travel in this condition. All brought down by myself. I was in remission and I still would have been in remission of my binging did not escalate for the past few months they way it did. I was in total remission without any meds for few years. It is depressing to think that I brought this flare up on myself I am really getting mad at myself for doing this and hopefully by being mad I will stop this destructive behavior.

I understand your concern over why we do this when we know it harms our health. I get wheezy, bloody noses and body aches when I binge but yet I still do it! I get really grouchy and get what I call "carbdopa" which makes me sluggish and brain dead~no exaggeration.
Old 10-27-2013, 11:45 AM   #1415
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yes, Jeanie, come back here if you go anywhere near your car key
Enjoy your soup. It sounds great. Eat till you are satisfied.

How bad do you want to stop this behavior? Get mad! Get serious!!! I know the carbs give us pleasure be we can't go on like this. We are stronger than carbs!!!!! Believe me I am struggling right now myself. DH is taking a nap and I could be in carb heaven right now, but I know that I would be in carb coma very soon after that and unhappy and sick and depressed.

Imagine how great your clothes will fit if you don't binge. You will feel so much better on many levels!!!

Last edited by tobelowcarber; 10-27-2013 at 11:52 AM..
Old 10-27-2013, 11:50 AM   #1416
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I understand your concern over why we do this when we know it harms our health. I get wheezy, bloody noses and body aches when I binge but yet I still do it! I get really grouchy and get what I call "carbdopa" which makes me sluggish and brain dead~no exaggeration.
Awful!!!
Old 10-27-2013, 11:55 AM   #1417
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Also, let's not think of this as we are saying good bye to carbs. I think we will eat carbs again just in normal quantities, but to this we need to retrain our brain. The same way as we learn new things, memorize phone numbers, forget the numbers we don't need anymore, we will re-program the brain again. It is elastic
Jeanie, if you can, re-read last few chapters from BOB book.

Last edited by tobelowcarber; 10-27-2013 at 11:56 AM..
Old 10-27-2013, 12:08 PM   #1418
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

This is amazing advise given by Pat on JUDDD forum. Someone was asking how to stop binge eating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
Well here's the thing, Luv... if you can get this mastered, it's going to stand you in good stead for the rest of your life in about every way you can imagine. If you can learn this control, you will be able to eat some of everything on earth forevermore and remain slim and trim through all your years. But it's the control thing you have to get ahold of. It's not a 'NO'.. it doesn't have to be a 'NEVER'.. it shouldn't ever be an 'ALL OR NOTHING' approach. It just needs to be.. moderate control.

Not everyone can eat the higher carb foods. Not everyone wants to. And there is hardly anyone who can eat a lot of the higher carb foods without becoming increasingly obese as their years go by. But many of us here delight in being able to eat some higher carb foods, sometimes. And we can do that with confidence because we have mastered control. We get to allow ourselves to enjoy those yummies some, because we've learned the most important thing of all, and that is that we don't have to eat it all now. It'll always be out there for us, and by learning how to turn down everything but that one allowed portion, we can allow ourselves to enjoy it forever... AND do so without the fear of getting fat again.

So think of it this way.. There is simply no reason to eat tons of this stuff each UD. You will never run out of the opportunity to eat your favorite goodies. The world will never run out of these things. It's OK to say, "No thanks. I've already enjoyed a dessert today, and one is about my limit."

This stuff is all over. As you mentioned above, the dessert section is by your salad bar. But there are always going to be scrumptious desserts available, even staring you in the face, most every place you go in life. But by learning to limit yourself, you are also giving yourself the gift of being able to enjoy two things at once.. a slender body and a dessert. Gorge on the stuff and get fat. And probably stay fat. And sick. And sicker. Until you find it must be absolutely forbidden to you in your life now. How sad. Learn how to eat it with portion control and find that you have now joined the ranks of those who get to *have their cake and eat it too*.. eating intelligently and enjoying their slender figures at the same time. It's so worth it.

I don't know what other diet plans you may have been on. I see HCG mentioned. Did you binge on that too? No? Because binging wasn't allowed on HCG? It isn't on JUDDD either.

Now, know that it isn't unusual for new JUDDDers to get carried away and go overboard - wa-a-a-y overboard - on the high carb stuff sometime early on when they come to JUDDD. Those who are going to remain low carb not being counted here. LOL But after going a little crazy, most get themselves back under control and get their heads straight again, and realize they do want to eat the goodies, but they do want to do so reasonably, and at that point.. they usually do pretty well with it all.

Any chance that you actually plan out your UD foods, or do you mostly just let them present themselves to you as you go through your day. Planning helps.

I think you can master this. Good luck. Check in here often, visit with everyone on these threads, and ask for all the love and support you need. As you already know, this is a very supportive and friendly, warm-hearted group of folks finding great weight losses as they enjoy some spectacular foods. Good luck to you!
Original thread can be found here
I Can't Stop Binge Eating. What's Happening?! =(
Old 10-27-2013, 12:09 PM   #1419
Blabbermouth!!!

I no longer have the BOB book. Binging truly is a burden, carbs pretend to be your friend and then stab you in back. Behaviors and other things that I don't like:

-hiding the bags/containers in the trash
-feeling guilt over harming my health
-worried about leaving signs of binging in the car like chocolate on the seat
-the waste of $
-binging in the car when I have to find an excuse to go to the store
-I bring in my binge foods hidden in my tote bag separate from the groceries we supposedly needed
-Not wanting to spend time with DH because I am either feeling crappy from the binge or his presence is making me not able to have one
Old 10-27-2013, 12:14 PM   #1420
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I hear you on all those points. Been there done that
Old 10-27-2013, 12:26 PM   #1421
Blabbermouth!!!

I miss Pat. I would so love to get to a point where I could eat like she describes.
Old 10-27-2013, 12:34 PM   #1422
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mojocat
Stats: 233/209/180/119 Height 5ft7inch
WOE: LC/Juicing/rxHCG, JUDDD/IF/No S foods
Start Date: 28 Jan 2012
There is so much activity here while I'm asleep Marika have you ever looked into low dose naltrexone for your Crohns? Funnily enough I was researching it for binging and it is used for Crohns, Fibro, CFS etc, I don't think it's effective for binging though.

I can't have carbs in moderation. I have done it over and over and bringing them back as allowable foods starts a slippery slope that ends in misery. Abstinence is the only thing that worked for me. Even in the middle of a binge I will not eat nuts because I know they are bad for me. In the early binging I ate two huge family bags of mixed nuts - the calories in that alone were massive and I immediately gained weight from them. I feel I also am allergic, to them because I would be crawling out of my head after eating them - kind of like ADD. They are a no go food for me and funnily enough I won't even give in during a binge.

I also had total abstinence from sugar/starch. My health improved so much - I haven't had a cold since the day I detoxed from sugar. I've added that junk in unfortunately during binges and it has created massive cravings. Sugar is absolutely evil for me and it's not my friend. I really crave those aero type ones, there is a new strawberry one that I binged on and man it calls to me in a bad way. Licorice is also my favourite junk ever, I mean it is the pinnacle of junk for me. Cocoa crack does ease the chocolate cravings for me - CO, cocoa, frozen blueberries and flavoured stevia. I can't eat too much of it due to it's richness and it seems to bring the scale down the next day for some reason. I wish I could eat my dinner, a couple of pieces of licorice and strawberry aero chocolate and then be satisfied but I'm skeered. Plus the remainder would be calling me all night and the next day.....

If you can get to the point where you can eat one unit of a trigger food (e.g. white chocolate covered licorice ball) whilst in a craving state, but stop right after, then you are a Jedi master and nothing can stand in your way

"I am what I ate...and I'm frightened"....Bill Cosby
mojocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 04:27 AM   #1423
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

JUDDD

10/04: 135.0, BF 22.7---DD (390 cal/0 gr carbs)
10/05: 132.0, BF 22.1---UD (1723 cal/40 gr carbs) TOM Finally!
10/06: 131.4, BF 22.1---DD (520 cal/5 gr carbs) TOM
10/07: 129.4, BF 21.4---UD (1464 cal/37 gr carbs) TOM
10/08: 128.8, BF 21.5---DD (380 cal/32 gr carbs) TOM
10/09: 128.0, BF 21.4---UUAD
10/10: 130.2, BF 21.8---DD (444 cal/10 gr carbs)
10/11: 128.4, BF 21.3---UD (1460 cal/15 gr carbs)
10/12: 127.6, BF 21.2---DD (429 cal/9 gr carbs)
10/13: 127.4, BF 21.1---UD (1642 cal/31 gr carbs)
10/14: 127.2, BF 21.0---DD (420 cal/0 gr carbs)
10/15: 126.8, BF 20.9---UUAD
Incorporating SLD again starting on 10/16
10/16: 129.6, BF 21.6---DD (467 cal/20 gr carbs)
10/17: 129.6, BF 21.4---UD (1346 cal/20 gr carbs)
10/18: 127.6, BF 21.2---DD (330 cal/13 gr carbs)
10/19: 127.6, BF 21.0---UD (1719 cal/40 gr carbs)
10/20: 127.8, BF 21.2---DD (407 cal/19 gr carbs)
10/21: 126.8, BF 21.1---UD (1756 cal/30 gr carbs)
10/22: 127.0, BF 20.8---DD (550 cal/5 gr carbs)
10/23: 125.8, BF 20.6---UUAD New Low!
10/24: 129.8, BF 21.5---UUAD
10/25: 130.0, BF 21.8---DD (550 cal/0 carbs)
10/26: 128.0, BF 21.3---UD (1650 cal/0 carbs)
10/27: 126.8, BF 21.2---DD (569 cal/0 carbs)
10/28: 126.4, BF 21.0---UD
Old 10-28-2013, 04:44 AM   #1424
Senior LCF Member

Aww Marika look at you! Amazing results -6.4lbs away from your goal. So close you can smell it. No honey or yoghurt is worth that!

Re PNP - I wonder if you could nose pinch the potato at night? For two reasons; to avoid getting the taste of the potato which could be a trigger and for the AS aka SLD. Would it work overnight?
Old 10-28-2013, 04:45 AM   #1425
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So I have survived 2 days without the binge. They say on JUDDD that "hunger is not an emergency" and now I feel that "craving for carbs is not an emergency" as well. Maybe it is too soon to tell, but it worked. Yes, I have been eating zero carb for the past 3 days but still even when I did zero carb before when I had an urge to binge I would cave.
It was not easy and I know it is not over yet (and I may have a relapse), but this gives me hope that it can be done. I also feel that with this tool I will be able to eat my binge foods in normal quantities. I was thinking at night that all my binge foods are actually all healthy foods. They become unhealthy if you eat 5 frozen bananas in the form of ice cream, followed by smoothie with frozen cherries and yogurt, follows by whole container of yogurt with raw honey, followed by 10 almond flour pancakes smothered with honey, followed by carob chocolate, etc. You get the point! Yes, that's how much I could eat during PMS binge If I can first teach my brain not to act on binging thoughts eventually I will be able to eat all those binging foods in moderation. The author of Brain Over Binge book did this too. She eats all the foods that she used to binge on in normal quantities. Sometimes she even indulges in some foods, but like every other person in life indulges in some foods once an a while. I am feeling very optimistic that I can get there. I don't want to have to give up all those foods because they all have place in the diet. I am glad that my binges are pretty much connected to PMS, with couple of odd days in the cycle when I binge out of nowhere. Worst case scenario I can abstain from those foods for couple weeks if they really are so difficult to eat in small quantities. I don't know how long it will take me to heal myself but I am determined to get this done. I am tired of being sick. I am that kind of person that hates to take any drugs if I don't have to. I was in colitis remission without any meds just with diet alone and I messed it up big time this time that for the past 2 months I have to take meds. I hate this and I am mad with myself to let binging control myself. NO MORE!!!!!

Last edited by tobelowcarber; 10-28-2013 at 04:47 AM..
Old 10-28-2013, 08:06 AM   #1426
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojocat View Post
Aww Marika look at you! Amazing results -6.4lbs away from your goal. So close you can smell it. No honey or yoghurt is worth that!

Re PNP - I wonder if you could nose pinch the potato at night? For two reasons; to avoid getting the taste of the potato which could be a trigger and for the AS aka SLD. Would it work overnight?
Mojo- unfortunately I can't do potatoes, they are bad for my colitis. I tried nose clipping food and it only worked for few days. I still think you need to do the oil besides NC food for this to work. Have you ever actaully tried SLD oil thing? It may work for you.
Old 10-28-2013, 08:09 AM   #1427
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I am fighting the cravings yet again Boy, it is not easy. I know if I don't cave I will get closer to curing this binging business. I am imagining success. The power of mind is unlimited. I know I will have a great UD and will come back in the afternoon to report another successful day. Maybe I am over confident but that's how I feel. I am taking over the primitive brain
Old 10-28-2013, 11:53 AM   #1428
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Worst cravings came right after I finished lunch. I really wanter something sweet. Again, ignored the feelings but it took like 2 hrs for cravings to go away. I am feeling fine now. Still have nice dinner to go and it should be good for the day.
3rd day victory!!!!
Old 10-28-2013, 01:17 PM   #1429
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I have been doing meat & eggs for the past 4 days. One more day and I will slowly start adding veggies. I am getting tired of m & e
I don't think I can ever binge on veggies so that should be safe. It will give me a little bit more variety.
Old 10-28-2013, 01:20 PM   #1430
Blabbermouth!!!

You're doing great Marika

I am doing okay still fighting the urges and feeling down today.
Old 10-28-2013, 01:25 PM   #1431
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
You're doing great Marika

I am doing okay still fighting the urges and feeling down today.
It is not easy. It is a very uncomfortable feeling not to cave on carbs. I wonder when is this going to get easier. If everyday till TOM will be like this ...

Last edited by tobelowcarber; 10-28-2013 at 01:28 PM..
Old 10-28-2013, 01:44 PM   #1432
Senior LCF Member

You are right Marika your binges are on healthy foods so give yourself credit for that. My bad ones in the past have been on all the foods I haven't eaten or I have restricted..sugar overload..I would suffer from sugar hangover the next day, seriously. Like you I too wish I could eat what I wanted in moderation. I would love to have a strawberry aero choclate slab and white choc covered licorice balls in my fridge so they are nice and cold, and have a couple of pieces in the evening with coffee, and be happy and satisifed with that. No I would stress out and eat the whole lot to "get rid of it". I just want to be normal around food like when I was a kid. You know, take it or leave it, big deal, more where it came from but I have been so screwed up around food for so long now I don't know what normal is anymore.

Anyway wanted to share with you I'm at my lowest weight at 119 ever despite the binge from the other day (good foods like you but just too much). So I just wanted to reassure you that a binge is not the end of the world. You will recover and go on to lose more weight. I had to do a long slow walk and watch what I ate the next day but if we can't avoid these monsters then we have to manage the damage control somewhow.

I've been reading a lot lately, Pubmed publications as well, as long slow walking is just as good as a brisk walk. It is the best exercise for AS as it doesn't increase hunger like other exercise. So the day after a binge I would suggest a LSW, put headphones in your ears and just go. After some time you enter a mediative state and I think this helps with how we feel as well.

I'm also preparing for a binge because after a good day and success I feel I might sabotage it, so am preparing a binge book that I run to when I feel the urge with all the things written that I need to do to help me because when I get in the binge zone as you know, it's hard to think normally. I'm cooking a butterflied roast chicken tonight and chicken is a huge trigger (love it) so this will be a test for me. Let's see if I can survive this. I'm only going to cook one chicken, rather than two, you know I MUST cook MORE for leftovers for the next day but I fool myself because there are no leftovers, but guess who eats it all in one night...... My poor family..

Goodluck Marika, Jeanie and Mojo....let us hope one day we can eat our triggers in small amounts and return the packet back to the fridge for the next day..honestly that's all I want now to be able to eat small amounts in moderation. How do we do this if eating makes us want to eat more? Again IF and SLD in some sort of combination?
Old 10-28-2013, 03:02 PM   #1433
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Mojo, so happy to hear that you got to 119 I want to get there again myself (I was 119 back in March). Maybe your recent binge jump started your loss.

Even though my binges are/were on healthy foods I also had a sugar hangover feeling. Honey and bananas have looots of sugar.
I walk daily for at least 1 hr but almost never after the binge. I am usually too sluggish to move I really love walking. I could walk for hours. As as kid I used to walk every day to schools, supermarket, almost everywhere and I was a skinny kid.

I am surprised that chicken is a trigger for you

Have you noticed that you want to binge right after eating. I was not aware of that till I started noticing it during past 3 days. Especially if I have large meal. I am not eating carbs. Is it because I am not eating carbs? Or perhaps it is normal for me and I have never noticed it before. Maybe is better for me to eat smaller portions and more often

Mojo, I am finding it difficult to fit SLD with JUDDD. If you are not JUDDing I suggest you try SLD.

I have lots of books on amazon wish list that look like they may help. I just have no room for more books so I am looking to get a kindle. On BOB website she has a good blog with some more info that is not in the book. She mentioned few books that may help. I think the more arsenal we have the better we can fight this battle. I am just surprised how she overcame binging (I am talking about BOB book) without removing her binge foods from her diet. In other words she did not have to do LC like I am doing now or any other diet. I wonder if I am restricting too much now. Well, I have to VLC now because when I am in binging mode it is more difficult to argue with my brain. I am going to add some veggies so that I don't burn out.
I wonder if is it really possible to overcome this without making restrictions

Last edited by tobelowcarber; 10-28-2013 at 03:04 PM..
Old 10-28-2013, 05:56 PM   #1434
Senior LCF Member

Oh yes yes yes yes....eating creates problems for me...particularly if I overeat, say even on veggies, once I get something in the gut it spurs me on to eat more, like I can't be satisfied. I have never binged from hunger, only after eating. That's why I like IF and not having breakfast. Gosh if I ate breakfast that would be it, it would spur my hunger, I would graze and then it would turn into a full on binge. I have IF'd for 24 hours and felt like a champ at the end of it, but it's difficult at times, I have to be in the right mindset. Yes I sometimes wonder if small meals throughout the day might help, but then that might create BS insulin issues. I dunno Marika..don't know what the answer is...of course 3 small meals no snacking is the simple answer..but sadly not simple for us.
Old 10-29-2013, 05:51 AM   #1435
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Tiny new low today.
DD today and it is going to be a good one !!!!!

JUDDD

10/04: 135.0, BF 22.7---DD (390 cal/0 gr carbs)
10/05: 132.0, BF 22.1---UD (1723 cal/40 gr carbs) TOM Finally!
10/06: 131.4, BF 22.1---DD (520 cal/5 gr carbs) TOM
10/07: 129.4, BF 21.4---UD (1464 cal/37 gr carbs) TOM
10/08: 128.8, BF 21.5---DD (380 cal/32 gr carbs) TOM
10/09: 128.0, BF 21.4---UUAD
10/10: 130.2, BF 21.8---DD (444 cal/10 gr carbs)
10/11: 128.4, BF 21.3---UD (1460 cal/15 gr carbs)
10/12: 127.6, BF 21.2---DD (429 cal/9 gr carbs)
10/13: 127.4, BF 21.1---UD (1642 cal/31 gr carbs)
10/14: 127.2, BF 21.0---DD (420 cal/0 gr carbs)
10/15: 126.8, BF 20.9---UUAD
Incorporating SLD again starting on 10/16
10/16: 129.6, BF 21.6---DD (467 cal/20 gr carbs)
10/17: 129.6, BF 21.4---UD (1346 cal/20 gr carbs)
10/18: 127.6, BF 21.2---DD (330 cal/13 gr carbs)
10/19: 127.6, BF 21.0---UD (1719 cal/40 gr carbs)
10/20: 127.8, BF 21.2---DD (407 cal/19 gr carbs)
10/21: 126.8, BF 21.1---UD (1756 cal/30 gr carbs)
10/22: 127.0, BF 20.8---DD (550 cal/5 gr carbs)
10/23: 125.8, BF 20.6---UUAD New Low!
10/24: 129.8, BF 21.5---UUAD
10/25: 130.0, BF 21.8---DD (550 cal/0 carbs)
10/26: 128.0, BF 21.3---UD (1650 cal/0 carbs)
10/27: 126.8, BF 21.2---DD (569 cal/0 carbs)
10/28: 126.4, BF 21.0---UD (1597 cal/0 carbs)
10/29: 125.2, BF 20.8---DD New Low!
Old 10-29-2013, 09:03 AM   #1436
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Struggling again. I already ate half of my calories for the day. I seem to always struggle after I drop to new low and I usually have UUAD on that day. Well, it is not going to happen today. If I have to go over my DD calories so be it but I am not going to go overboard.
Old 10-29-2013, 10:51 AM   #1437
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Great news on the new low! You'll make it through this day just fine. I sense a new calm and determination in you.
LoCarbGal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 11:35 AM   #1438
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks, Carol! From lips to...
Old 10-29-2013, 01:01 PM   #1439
Senior LCF Member

Keep plugging at it Marika; you're an inspiration!

I know exactly what you mean about struggling after an all-time low - what the heck is with that? Is it some kind of sabotage by the mind or the body wanting to get back to it's setpoint. Or we can reward ourselves because we lost weight?

So are you SLD'ing with the ghee on both your UD and DD's and does this mean the SLD isn't working anymore? Thr SLD has always been my kind of last resort. I got the PNP book from the library. It's interesting but her original theory/research is old now; like hardly anyone talks about the beta-endorphins; and she makes no mention of leptin/grehlin etc and she only touches on dopamine. Anyway again it's down to 3 meals, with breakfast, protein/safe carb with each meal, no snacking and a small tato before bedtime. She's been around years and years and still quite active; maybe she is onto something?

I also got out from library French Women Don't Get Fat which wasn't a bad read, again portion control, eating what you like and not what you must but lots of veggies though, smaller meat portions, no snacking, lots of walking, eat some kind of breakfast, she pushes two greek type yoghurts per day, etc..same thing, everything we know we have to do.
Old 10-29-2013, 01:30 PM   #1440
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Mojo, I believe the increased hunger after loss has something to do with set-point.
At this moment I am not doing SLD. I feel like it takes too many of my calories. Once I get into maintenance JUDDD than I will play with it.

I feel such an emptiness in my belly and "brain" now. I don't think I have ever resisted the binge for so many days. Before I would have caved-in right away. It is making me very uncomfortable. Oh, I hate this feeling!!!!! Only if I could have something sweeet I would feel so much better (that's what my animal brain thinks). I am really following BOB book and ignoring the messages. I promised myself to have nice frozen blueberry yogurt smoothie, with no added honey ones TOM arrives. I will portion it and just eat 1 big smoothie and will not go for seconds. Tomorrow I will add some veggies. I want to work on retraining my brain to eat carbs in moderation. Though task but I will try

I have the PNP book and really can't follow it at all. She wants you to eat brown carbs for breakfast, which means grains. I also don't eat potatoes, so it is really impossible for me to follow her guidelines.

I starting to notice that if I eat smaller portions instead of 3 square meals I have less cravings. This is the story with DD at least. I will test this tomorrow on my UD. I will try to eat 4 times vs 3. I got so used to eating 3 meals that this will be an adjustment. I will probably eat half of my lunch and other half after 3 hrs or so, but I am afraid it would be too close for dinner and I like to have early dinner. Will have to see how I go about it.

How are you doing, Mojo? Are you IF with LC?