Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2013, 11:49 AM   #1351
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tobelowcarber
Stats: 136/121.4/120
WOE: my version of healthy diet mixed with JUDDD :)
Thanks Girls!!!
tobelowcarber is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-2013, 03:36 PM   #1352
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Like I promised myself last week, when the cravings kick in I am not going to fight it. I ate well all day and after dinner started craving carbs. Hello PMS I had a big fruit smoothie and some homemade carob "chocolates". All healthy stuff, just high in carbs and calories. No regrets here! I may not step on the scale tomorrow, or may even skip it all together till TOM, which is about 2 weeks away. Continuing with my rotations the best I can. That's all I can do.
Old 10-23-2013, 03:41 PM   #1353
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/148.4/?
WOE: lc
I think that is a very wise decision Marika. I bet if you have some carbs in moderation as needed until TOM you will not binge.
jeaniem is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 05:52 PM   #1354
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I am not sure about it, Jeanie. I have seen that even with moderate carbs I can still have wicked PMS
I think eating moderate carbs first part of the cycle helps to regulate my cycle. At least that's what I am seeing with my current cycle. My ovulation came around day 18 (which for me has been the norm for past few years). Last 3 cycles I did not ovulate till day 28 I have a feeling that staying LC first half of the cycle has a negative effect on my hormones. I ate moderate carbs first part of this cycle and my ovulation came on time. I still have to test it, but it is more than likely. Also, I feel that my last TOM was so delayed because my calories were too low every single day because SLD was killing my appetite. Since I do JUDDD with SLD now, I don't have much appetite suppression. I am about to stop SLD because there is no point in ingesting 240 cal of ghee on UD and 120 cal on DD. Maybe it is making my DD slightly easier (I am not sure though). I believe I do better when I am trying to stay LC second half of the cycle. Eating carbs will only make me crave more carbs during that time. So I am going to try to do max 20 gr of carbs a day till TOM and see how that goes. I am not going to stress over if I can't control myself. I will allow higher carbs if I really can't help it. I am going to raise my calories as well till TOM arrives, just not to feel too deprived. I am not going to quit JUDDD like I have done it the past. I understand that I may not see great loses till TOM but I am going to do my best and don't stress over little slips here and there.
I have never tried this approach. Eating more carbs first half the cycle and then lowering it. Let's see how this plays out. I feel like a guinea pig
I don't think every women is going through this hormonal drama every month. I just have to accept that that's how my body operates.

My journal:
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...l#post16865441

Last edited by tobelowcarber; 10-23-2013 at 05:58 PM..
Old 10-23-2013, 06:01 PM   #1355
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh,okay I see what you mean. I still wonder though if we eat more when our body is really crying out for it will help somewhat? I know my pattern is to restrict and then binge and then eat more cause I have blown it, but you are strictly hormonal binging so I don't know if it is the same mindset. That book mojo told us about calls it Eat cuz you ate, meaning we eat more because we ate something we didn't intend to.
Old 10-24-2013, 01:03 AM   #1356
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Got up at 2 AM because I could not sleep and binged How addictive the carbs can be
I just feel awful and disgusted with myself. I know I said that I am not going to beat myself up if I binge but this is just insane-sneaking quietly to the kitchen in the middle of the night and stuffing myself with carbs

Last edited by tobelowcarber; 10-24-2013 at 01:05 AM..
Old 10-24-2013, 04:59 AM   #1357
Blabbermouth!!!

Marika. Maybe your body is done losing weight? Your body fat seems to be in a great range, only you know the answer to that though.

I have made a pact with myself. I am starting to get that physically weak and mentally impatient feeling that comes when I restrict too much so when I get to 135 lbs. I will eat more and focus on working out.
Old 10-24-2013, 06:13 AM   #1358
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Girl, just dust off the crumbs and move forward. Lack of sleep is not fun and can spur stuff just like that!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 06:21 AM   #1359
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Jeanie, maybe I am close to my goal weight. Even if that's the case I can not maintain this weight if I continue binging. The pounds would pile up in no time I will get to square one or higher weight when I started.
I could change my JUDDD calories now and go into maintenance, which would give me around 700 cal on DD. I could also go to 4:3 or 5:2 or do 2 UD on the row followed by 1 DD. There are lots of different ways to go about it. But again if I continue binging no new plan will make a difference. I don't think I binge because of JUDDD or because I eat lower calories or lower carbs.
I still need find the reason WHY I binge, so that I can fix this one way or another. I know it is connected to some hormone, but that's all I know.
Old 10-24-2013, 09:00 AM   #1360
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Warning, long post below...

Still eating carbs as of this morning. DD is not happening today. Actually I thought I will make today UD and eat LC to get myself back in the game. 24 hrs ago I was feeling like a different person. It all started last evening at 6 PM. All of the sudden some hormone got switched off or on, just like that, with no warning

Those darn carbs make me feel good when I eat them. The feeling does not last long because I get hungry soon after and eat more and more. I am binging big time today I wont even mention how much I ate already. I can't go to work today, it is that bad I don't feel like getting out of the house. I have no motivation to do anything.
This is messing everything for me. I feel powerless over the cravings. I can't just distract myself or go for a walk to forget
about the craving. The desire to binge is too strong. I have to have carbs and have to have them now. The more carbs I eat the more miserable I feel and I can't stop eating. That tells that I should really become strict with my carb intake. They make me feel awful in the long run. I can't eat moderate amount, there is no such thing. I am better off binging on meat and fat than stuffing my body with carbs and destroying my health.

I am losing my hope that I will ever be able to conquer this problem. I am seating here crying and feel so hopeless and sorry for myself. Stopping dieting is not going to change a thing because I will still continue to binge, I know that. I will binge till TOM and than take a break for couple of weeks and binge mindlessly again.
This can not be normal!!!!!

I believe that's the only thing that will help me is to go LC again. I have to stick with it for some time before the cravings will go away. I feel the best eating LC anyway. I have energy, good mood and feel alive. I become so lazy when I binge that nothing gets done in the house or at work, not to mention how bad it is for my health.
So I am wiping my tears now because there is no body who will help me with this. I have to do it, get committed and serious.
I will boil some eggs and make a mayo and every time I want to binge I will eat an egg with mayo. I should get bored of it eventually. I have to have all the meat ready to go so there is no excuse. I have to kill the cravings somehow before they destroy my health.

I went up to 129.8 this morning, after I reached new low yesterday. That's 4 lb overnight. I am not surprised since I ate at 6 PM for 1 hr and than 2 hrs in the middle of the night, not to mention how much I already ate this morning.

Not going to count any calories now till I get this under control. JUDDD is not going anywhere and it will be much easier to do when my cravings go away completely. I can't wait to get this binging monster out of my life!!!

Last edited by tobelowcarber; 10-24-2013 at 09:05 AM..
Old 10-24-2013, 10:47 AM   #1361
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sicca
Stats: 170/135/135
WOE: Atkins with a bit of Paleo
Start Date: March 2012
Glad you are writing all this down, it will help you get through it each time. I wish I had answers but I am struggling with the same kind of mental thing (just usually it's another glass or two of wine for me....I can't say no).

The good news is that you know how to lose the weight put on by a binge. You just did an amazing job with JUDDD in the past few weeks and dropped like 10 pounds. You enjoyed it too. It seems like the binge doesn't last for long, so just do your best to get through these feelings and jump right back on the wagon that always works for you.

Maybe this time around move your numbers a bit, like you suggested. SO you don't drop weight too fast. Maybe your body will handle the hormones better next month if it's getting more fuel? Maybe beef up the SLD right around TOM?

Jessica
35yo Wife and Mother of two amazing kids (ages 2 & 4)

Visit my Journal - My So Called Low Carb Life
Sicca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 11:26 AM   #1362
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks for your thoughts, Jessica!
Old 10-24-2013, 11:36 AM   #1363
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Marika! I just hate that you're continuing to go through this struggle. I keep feeling like there is someone out there who can help you with this. But you'll probably have to really search to find them. I'm thinking of some kind of naturopath that can identify if this really is a hormone/body chemistry thing. A friend of mine went to such a practice and they identified all kinds of food sensitivities and health issues, and she's been able to manage a lot of her problems with adjusting her eating.

I'm not one to push for holistic/naturopathic medicine. I am a skeptical consumer of traditional western medicine, myself. But when you have unique issues like this one, and traditional medicine is so limited in their knowledge of eating and nutrition, I wonder if alternative medicine might be the answer.

I just want you to know that I'm here, pulling for you to find some solution and some peace. my friend!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 11:41 AM   #1364
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks sweet Carol!
I very much believe in naturopathic medicine and use it any time I can.
It would probably be a good idea to visit my ND. Last time I was seeing the doc I did not have this severe binging problems. Thanks for this suggestion!
Old 10-24-2013, 12:10 PM   #1365
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I know that today and tomorrow will be the most difficult to stay strong because of the amount of carbs I have consumed plus the time of the month. I am just taking it hour by hour. I had binging thoughts 1 hr ago but was able to stay strong by eating some meat. Just hope the rest of the day goes smoothly
Baking some salmon and oopsie rolls and making big batch of mayo. Cold salmon mixed with mayo between 2 oopsie rolls is my favorite LC meal. I can eat this any time, that's why I am making a huge batch of it today. Tomorrow I will bake another favorite of mine- lamb shoulder roast. I should be all set. Next 2-3 days will be meat/fish/eggs/fat only and than I will add veggies once again.

I will be checking in every so often here to keep myself accountable.
Old 10-24-2013, 12:18 PM   #1366
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mojocat
Stats: 233/209/180/119 Height 5ft7inch
WOE: LC/Juicing/rxHCG, JUDDD/IF/No S foods
Start Date: 28 Jan 2012
Oh Marika big hugs to you. We all know how you're feeling as we all suffer from this horrible affliction, no-one understands. It's simple isn't it, stop binging, stop overeating but when you're in that binging hole its hard to get out of until the next morning. Put a loose top on and go for a walk, clear your mind, be kind to yourself. Have you ever asked your doc about natural progesterone cream? This is the good stuff made up by a compounding chemist. It is known to help with PMS and you only take it for part of your cycle when your prog drops. If your doc wont, as its considered natural, a naturopath should help. Prog has some marvellous benefits including stress, water retention, bloating, the list is endless. Get yourself to a doc or naturopath and get some help. You've done everything possible diet wise, your dedication is beyond belief, you ate stronger then I could be. Okwony to you and stop stop feeling bad, its your hormones and you must must get your doc to listen to you.

If you can get to the point where you can eat one unit of a trigger food (e.g. white chocolate covered licorice ball) whilst in a craving state, but stop right after, then you are a Jedi master and nothing can stand in your way

"I am what I ate...and I'm frightened"....Bill Cosby
mojocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 12:29 PM   #1367
Senior LCF Member

Yum I'm making lamb Saturday., I'm planning a fatty meat day. I'm going to slow cook lamb shanks and ox tails until the meat is falling off the bone. Then I will suck the marrow dry out of those bones. I'm going to IF all day, go for hour bike ride and then an hour round walk down the beach, fill my backpack with rocks on the way back. I'm going to earn my fatty meat. Then I will sit down with no distractions and savour my meal. Let's do it together Marika! Excuse errors on the train to Sydney and reading this on my phone and feeling so worried for you.
Old 10-24-2013, 12:43 PM   #1368
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Trying homeopathic drops that I got last week. They are formulated for overeating, cravings, fatigue and emotional discomfort. The beauty of homeopathic meds is they are very safe. So you have nothing to lose if they don't work. I just found this formula last week and completely forgot about it. I just took my first dosage. I have had good luck with few homeopathic remedies for cold, cramps and such. So I hope this remedy does something good.

I have another thing to try, but I don't want to do 2 things at the time. It is NAC (N - ACETYL CYSTEINE). I have been reading about and finally ordered least week as well. I should be getting it in a day or 2. It is supposed be good for lots of things. It may help with hormones as it clears the liver and they have been some studies done on it's effectiveness with treating colitis. So I am excited to try it.
Old 10-24-2013, 01:57 PM   #1369
Blabbermouth!!!

Sorry, didn't mean to imply that anything you are doing causes the binges. I only know for myself that binging only became an issue for me after I started dieting. Every book I have read concerning binging says the cure lies in not dieting. Of course that is just an authors opinion and easier to do if you are at a weight you are content with.

I hate this for you because I know exactly how you feel! I hate to even think it but a week from now you will be on track and doing well and I will be posting about my latest binge
Old 10-24-2013, 02:32 PM   #1370
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Mojo and Jeanie- thank you so much for your thoughts. It makes me feel so much better to know someone who understands this.

Jeanie- it is amazing how one on us is always in trouble, it seems like we are alternating bingers Glad Mojo is staying strong!!!!!

Mojo-I was on natural progesterone cream and was still having same binges. Plus the progesterone was making me bleed sooner. The doc I was seeing had less knowledge on natural hormones than me. So maybe the dosage was not right. I had to wait very long for appointment and than when I went to see him, he said to keep on taking the same dosage. I did this for 2 years. The new doctor I am seeing now is very smart but again not into natural hormone replacement therapy.
I took things in my own hands and got saliva testing down. My last 2 saliva testing for hormones showed all the hormones in normal range. Progesterone was on the lower end of the range but still within the range. My testosterone was slightly elevated. See I am doing all these testing on my own because my OBGYN is not into natural stuff (I guess not enough money to be made for them, plus they have not been trained in natural approach). I can see my ND about the hormones but I think I would be better off seeing a doctor who specializes in hormones only.

Jeanie- please don't apologize. I know you mean well and I totally understand because that's what every book on binging says to stop dieting when you want to heal yourself from binging. The thing I always had a raging PMS even before any dieting. It just got really bad over the years.

Mojo-yes I am making the slow roasted shoulder, it will be so yummy I can already taste it. Let's both enjoy it and think of each other when we eat it

OK, I have something good to report. I have not binged since 12 PM, which makes it 5.5 hrs now. I wonder if this homeopathic med is working as I have zero desire for carbs. Funny thing is I am making carob chocolates right now (the ones I finished last night). They were originally made for my friends who will be visiting but I ate them all, so I have to secretly re-make them. I have them in front of me and zero desire Will keep you updated on the progress.

Last edited by tobelowcarber; 10-24-2013 at 02:34 PM..
Old 10-24-2013, 02:40 PM   #1371
Blabbermouth!!!

Glad your starting to feel better.
Old 10-24-2013, 02:44 PM   #1372
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thank you Jeanie
Old 10-24-2013, 04:26 PM   #1373
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I have decided to raise my DD calories. I think it will help me get through this PMS. Since I will be staying VLC even with the higher DD I should be OK to maintain. Looking forward to having good DD tomorrow. I am ready for it.
Old 10-25-2013, 04:41 AM   #1374
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

JUDDD

10/04: 135.0, BF 22.7---DD (390 cal/0 gr carbs)
10/05: 132.0, BF 22.1---UD (1723 cal/40 gr carbs) TOM Finally!
10/06: 131.4, BF 22.1---DD (520 cal/5 gr carbs) TOM
10/07: 129.4, BF 21.4---UD (1464 cal/37 gr carbs) TOM
10/08: 128.8, BF 21.5---DD (380 cal/32 gr carbs) TOM
10/09: 128.0, BF 21.4---UUAD
10/10: 130.2, BF 21.8---DD (444 cal/10 gr carbs)
10/11: 128.4, BF 21.3---UD (1460 cal/15 gr carbs)
10/12: 127.6, BF 21.2---DD (429 cal/9 gr carbs)
10/13: 127.4, BF 21.1---UD (1642 cal/31 gr carbs)
10/14: 127.2, BF 21.0---DD (420 cal/0 gr carbs)
10/15: 126.8, BF 20.9---UUAD
Incorporating SLD again starting on 10/16
10/16: 129.6, BF 21.6---DD (467 cal/20 gr carbs)
10/17: 129.6, BF 21.4---UD (1346 cal/20 gr carbs)
10/18: 127.6, BF 21.2---DD (330 cal/13 gr carbs)
10/19: 127.6, BF 21.0---UD (1719 cal/40 gr carbs)
10/20: 127.8, BF 21.2---DD (407 cal/19 gr carbs)
10/21: 126.8, BF 21.1---UD (1756 cal/30 gr carbs)
10/22: 127.0, BF 20.8---DD (550 cal/5 gr carbs)
10/23: 125.8, BF 20.6---UUAD New Low!
10/24: 129.8, BF 21.5---UUAD
10/25: 130.0, BF 21.8---DD

I don't like to see 130 again But I should not be surprised.

I need a good DD today. I don't have any cravings since yesterday's afternoon and I slept very well last night. Will continue with the homeopathic drops. Plan is to stay around 700 cal today.
Old 10-25-2013, 10:06 AM   #1375
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Marika

You're doing just great, in my book.
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 11:20 AM   #1376
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Carol! I love how you always cheer up on me, even though I don't always deserve it
Old 10-25-2013, 11:51 AM   #1377
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
You know, You DO DESERVE IT! Oh and on this board, there is no better cheer leader than CAROL. She ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 12:14 PM   #1378
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
You know, You DO DESERVE IT! Oh and on this board, there is no better cheer leader than CAROL. She ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!
I so agree that she ROCKS!!!
Old 10-25-2013, 12:24 PM   #1379
Senior LCF Member

Carol is a sweetie for sure; I love all the peeps here. I can't talk about this stuff to other people, they just aren't interested. They ask me how I lost weight and when I start telling them I see their eyes glaze over and lose interest. They just want a quick fix with little effort. Try telling them about leptin or alternate day fasting and they think you're nuts.

Anyway Marika...dum de di dum...today here is Saturday morning. Hike and bike to drum up and earn appetite for slow cooked fatty lamb shanks and oxtails - join me? How do you do your lamb shanks/tails? Mine are the best in the world of course but I'm always open to suggestions for a tastier experience. The secret is the browning and the long slow cook at low temp in oven yes? I still haven't bought that pressure cooker I was pondering over. I just like my oven cooked food so much because of the browning on top, just not sure if I would get that with a pressure/slow cooker.
Old 10-25-2013, 01:55 PM   #1380
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hmmm...slow cooked lamb shanks sounds divine I usually start them off by browning on all sides in the pan before they go in the oven. I then add lots of fresh rosemary, marjoram, garlic, celtic sea salt. I bet if you add some red wine, it would be awesome. I usually don't add any liquid, maybe just a bit of lamb broth or water. I feel like there is enough of moisture if you close the pan tightly and cook in low oven. OK, girl you made me hungry now and is DD. I can dream of tomorrow when I will be roasting lamb shoulder (same way as the shanks).

With the pressure cooker you could brown the meat first and than add the liquid. The thing is you have to add quite it bit of liquid to PC. I think PC works great for stew. I often make lamb curry in it. But I still love my oven because you get this amazing concentrated flavor.

Have an awesome hike and enjoy your shanks!!!!!!! I am sure they will be delicious. Let me know how you made them. I am always looking to try something new. I am sure the lamb you get in Australia is great. Is it grass feed? We get Australian lamb in the states but it is not grass feed and I am not too crazy about it. I have a local farm here that I buy grass feed lamb from. I know New Zealand's lamb is great too and it is grass-feed.