Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2012, 04:45 PM   #91
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tobelowcarber
Stats: 136/121.4/120
WOE: my version of healthy diet mixed with JUDDD :)
It is going well. Thanks for asking Jeanie. I think I am PMSing as I am just very hungry. But not wanting to binge on carbs (thankfully). I think I am going to up my morning protein even further or just eat more calories. I hope to get through my second PMS on leptin rest smoothly. Keeping my fingers crossed.

I see you are doing atkins 72. It is a great plan and I hope you do well on it. How is it going so far?
tobelowcarber is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-2012, 04:51 PM   #92
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/148.4/?
WOE: lc
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobelowcarber View Post
It is going well. Thanks for asking Jeanie. I think I am PMSing as I am just very hungry. But not wanting to binge on carbs (thankfully). I think I am going to up my morning protein even further or just eat more calories. I hope to get through my second PMS on leptin rest smoothly. Keeping my fingers crossed.

I see you are doing atkins 72. It is a great plan and I hope you do well on it. How is it going so far?
Today was my first day of 72. Lots of hunger,but am trying to take the advice to eat until completely satisfied and let ketosis work it's magic. Little disappointed in the mct oil, completely killed my appetite for two days and then lost it's effect on the third day.

Sounds like you have a good plan- eat more and up the protein while pms-ing.
jeaniem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 04:17 PM   #93
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Today's DD turned into UD in the evening. Big mistake not take anything with me to eat to work during PMS. Normally I am fine till the afternoon, but this is PMS time!!! I had a big breakfast and was suppsedd to be back home from work by 4PM, instead I came back at 6PM and was starving. I overate my calories for the day, so this was another UD. I started off with eggs and they made me more hungry. I wonder why? I then followed with 4 almond muffins and thankfully only handfull of mac nuts (still, I ingested ever 1000 cal in like 15 min). Will have to do a DD tomorrow.

My journal:
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...l#post16865441
Old 10-23-2012, 09:45 AM   #94
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Lousy, Lousy day!!! I think I need a break from JUDD during PMS. There is no way I can do down day with 600-800 cal. It is not enough food for me (mentally and physically) and I start to obsess with food and start to reach for carby stuff. Not good!!!

I should just stick with leptin reset. During my last PMS I was only doing leptin reset (without JUDD) and I did remarkably well (I did eat more, but not carbs). I then added JUDD to leptin reset and did well with it for a couple of weeks till I started PMSing again. I can not afford to start the PMS binging again. My weight came down nicely in the past 4 weeks (not sure if the credit is due to JUDD or LR), but I don't want it to creep it back up and I know it will if I continue with restricting my calories because this leads to binging during PMS.

I like that on leptin reset my appetite was naturally suppressed after big breakfast. Many times I would just have 1 more meal during the day or if I was hungry I would have 2 meals (basically listening to my body).
The problem I have with JUDD is that on DD, 90% of calories are eaten at breakfast and this gives me metal stress that I can maybe have some egg whites for the rest of the days and that's all, otherwise I am going over my calories. What if my body requires the extra calories? I don't think it is wise to do BAB on DD, not if you eat 50-65 gr of protein, as this alone can add up up to 650 cal. I did make my DD calories higher this time around but I still fell restricted. And why do I need to feel guilty if I over eat?

I was thinking maybe I can do JUDD first 2 weeks of the cycle only. I don't know if there is any benefit of doing JUDD part-time? This is my 3rd attempt with JUDD. First 2 times I failed for the same reason (uncontrollable PMS eating). So maybe there is a message that JUDD is not for me, even though it works for many people. I am so confused

For now, I am going to do leptin reset only and will start reporting daily to keep myself accountable. Tomorrow is a new day and I know I have not done too much damage with 2 days of eating off plan.
Old 10-23-2012, 02:43 PM   #95
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well, before "the new day tomorrow" I had a binge tonight. I was afraid it is going to happen. I was working at home today and did lots of cooking so basically I spent few hours in the kitchen and let me tell you I inhaled a lot of food. Oh boy...at least all the mac nuts are finished. I wont be buying them anymore. I think the roasted ones are impossible to to have just a few. Even though they are supposedly dry roasted with no salt, there is so much flavor in them and sweatiness that is hard to believe they are just mac nuts with nothing added.
I hope I have not done too much damage to progress I made on leptin reset so far. I read that any binging on leptin reset will set you back by 2 weeks.

Last edited by tobelowcarber; 10-23-2012 at 02:52 PM..
Old 10-23-2012, 04:40 PM   #96
Blabbermouth!!!

Sorry to hear about your binge Marika, but you seem to have a good feel for what will work for you overall, so trust your instinct.
Old 10-24-2012, 04:11 AM   #97
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks for stopping by, Jeanie. What's cooking with you?
Old 10-24-2012, 09:11 AM   #98
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Scale this morning was up by 2 lbs (I am sure lots of it is water retention)

I am so relieved that I don't have to count calories today. Mentally this was driving me insane.

Breakfast: huge BAB breakfast- 3/4 lb baked wild salmon with little bit of garlic/cilantro mayo that I made yesterday 67gr protein

I went for 1 hr walk this morning.

I am still full after the breakfast and have no desire to binge.

129.8 lb 21.9% body fat
Old 10-24-2012, 03:57 PM   #99
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi Marika
Glad you are having a better day. I am on Day 4 of the 72 plan and am finally feeling some serious appetite suppression today after doing an all meat day. Oddly today is the day I am losing the water weight, it is usually around the second day. I am having heartburn though and am not happy about that.
Old 10-24-2012, 04:06 PM   #100
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Great job, Jeanie. Glad the water weight is coming down. I like the 72 version. You can say I am almost doing it except I eat huge breakfast.
Interesting, I am also feeling some heartburn today and this usually happens after gorging on carbs.

I only had 1 more meal after breakfast. Looks like I am back to my schedule.
Old 10-25-2012, 02:48 PM   #101
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good day today with no cravings

B: 9 oz lamb kebabs (maritnated in yogurt, ginger, spices), 1 HB egg w/mayo-60 gr protein
L/D: 8 oz halibut, 1 cucumber, 3 HB eggs w/mayo

total around 1300 cal, 10 gr carbs,

1 hr walk

129.8 21.7 % BF
Old 10-25-2012, 04:04 PM   #102
Blabbermouth!!!

Day 5 here and had an all meat day again, except for having 1 cheese stick. I can't get over how much this all meat thing is killing my appetite. Dropped 2.8 lbs!!

Does 1300 cals fill you up Marika?
Old 10-25-2012, 04:35 PM   #103
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Jeanie- amazingly, BAB takes care of my appetite. I usually am in 1600-1900 cal a day range but when I have BAB, I am very satisifed on 1300 cal. Some days I need more, it depends.

Glad to hear you are doing well. It is amazing how all meat takes care of the hunger issues. Keep it up!
Old 10-26-2012, 02:20 PM   #104
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good day today, although I was more hungry. Just when I said yesterday that I only eat twice a day on leptin reset Well, I am listening to my body.

8:30 AM baked grouper 365 cal/65 gr protein
1:15 PM lamb burgers, 5 oz fried mashroom 450 cal
5:15 PM canned salmon, mayo, HB egg, onions, cucumber around 600 cal
around 1500 cal/around 10 gr carbs

no walk today

129.0 21.3% BF
Old 10-26-2012, 02:50 PM   #105
Blabbermouth!!!

I hear you Marika, sometimes it seems like when I think I have everything all figured out it suddenly changes.

Down another pound today, slightly hungrier today due to having rotisserie chicken for lunch. Chicken doesn't seem to last me as long as beef or pork, but I was starving while grocery shopping after work,so I just grabbed the chicken so I could eat as soon as I got home.
Old 10-26-2012, 03:00 PM   #106
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Nice, Jeanie!!!!

I think you are right that some foods don't keep us full long enough. I think the grouper I had for breakfast today was the culprit. While I got the right amount of protein, the fish itself had much less calories than salmon or lamb that I usually have for breakfast. I just wanted to have something different for a change. I think for breakfast, I better stick to my fatty proteins.
Old 10-27-2012, 02:02 PM   #107
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Another hungry day, despite of eating lamb for breakfast. I think is is a PMS hunger. As long as I don't eat carbs, I am OK with just eating more food

B: lamb kebabs (65r protein)
L: 8 oopsie rolls (yes, 8!), 2 lamb burgers, mayo, leftover lamb kebabs
D: cauliflower & leek soup, 6 small eggs

total about 1900 cal

20 min walk

128.6 lb 21.3% BF
Old 10-27-2012, 04:34 PM   #108
Blabbermouth!!!

Smart move Marika. I think sometimes it is smarter to just go ahead and eat more when we are truly hungry, otherwise we cave more easily and are more likely to binge.
Old 10-29-2012, 02:10 AM   #109
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Last 2 days have not been perfect
Lesson learned (HOPEFULLY)- it is ok to eat more of the legal stuff even though I am going over the calories. Who cares about the calories, anyway. I am not doing JUDD, but still count
I guess during PMS I need more food in general. Instead, I count calories and then at the end of the day I cave on carbs sabotaging myself again.
I ate really off plan and feel like crap.
I even started blaming it on hurricane coming our way. What if we lose power and have no food to eat. Yeah I am going to starve.
I better get myself back in order before I gain again the 6 lbs I just lost.
I just hate PMS!!!!!
Old 10-29-2012, 08:52 AM   #110
Blabbermouth!!!

Hang in there Marika
Old 10-30-2012, 01:40 PM   #111
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh! what a storm. It was very very scary. The sound of falling trees around the house still is in my head. Thanks goodness no damage to the house and the power is back on. During Irene, we were with no power for 9 days. There is alot of damage in my town and lots of people with no power.

Eating has been bad bad bad!!! Still 1 week till TOM and that's the most difficult time to get back on track. I am craving carbs like no tomorrow, very depressing. I know once TOM arrives I can get my eating back to normal.
I can't even do high protein breakfast, as I get filled with carbs before I even sit down to eat. I sound like an alcoholic, but that's what carbs do to me.

I wish I did not experiment with JUDD again. I did so well during last PMS on leptin reset alone. I know that my JUDD low calories days last week messed up my system and that's when I started reaching for carbs. I am sure about it.

I will start over with leptin reset once again and hopefully this time I gained the self knowledge and experience to get me to the finish line. I know I gained weight the past few days, there is no question about. And it is not a water weight it is almond butter and honey weight I am sick even looking at myself in the mirror. One day I am in good shape and after 6 days I am at least 5 lbs heavier and I bloated like a balloon. I HATE HATE carbs.

So I will be starting AGAIN once the carb hangover passes. I hope sooner than later.

Last edited by tobelowcarber; 10-30-2012 at 01:42 PM..
Old 10-30-2012, 06:29 PM   #112
Blabbermouth!!!

I had a slip up today as well, after a nice 13 day streak I caved and ate trail mix with m&m's.
I wasn't even hungry. I think what got to me was I have been so good, but have watched the scale go up almost 3 pounds over the last couple of days which frustrated me. I kept telling myself it couldn't be a real gain, but it still discouraged me enough to get a throw in the towel attitude. I don't know why I always do that, I should just stay the heck off the scale! I am determined to not let this one slip turn into days/weeks of destructive eating!
Old 10-31-2012, 04:42 AM   #113
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh Jeanie, I am sorry to hear this. You were losing so nicely so I know how it feels to see that higher number on the scale. You know you did not gain 3 lbs of body fat by eating low carb. But I know the feeling of seeing some crazy number when you do everything right. If you get right back on track you will do fine and may even see a loss on the scale. I know I have already done too much damage eating like crazy for the past 4 days.
I am not even going to step on the scale for the next few days, or till at least the carb monster leaves me.

I can't believe how the hormones dictate my eating. It is like I have no control till TOM arrives. It sounds insane. My hormones are crazy and always have been. My cycles are 45 days long with PMS lasting 3-4 weeks

This morning I started the day with almond thins that I made in case there is no power. I made 3 batches and already half is gone. Why do I do this to myself?

I am seating and crying here this morning as I feel hopeless
Old 10-31-2012, 12:01 PM   #114
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

After my morning binge, surprisingly I am not hungry. I will eat nice dinner when I get home from work, even though I am not hungry. Boy! am I am thankful for not being hungry, but I know the day is not over yet. I am trying to drink a lot of water, but it is not easy when I am PMSing, it is like I have to force myself to drink as I am so bloated. I normally love drinking water.

I took a homeopathic remedy today- lycopodium, it looks like it may help with my binges. I tried it some time back and it worked then, so I hope it works again. I don't why I forgot about it.

I think I have no choice but to eliminate some foods completely from my menu that control me when I eat them.

Honey
Nuts (ALL of them in any form or shape)
Apples, Bananas, Pears, Mango
Yogurt

I will be sending my saliva hormone test end of the week. I really need to get this figured out once and for all.
Old 10-31-2012, 02:49 PM   #115
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Had a nice dinner tonight: lamb shoulder roast and spaghetti squash.

Was still hungry so I had 6 HB eggs w/mayo on 3 oopsie rolls. Yes, that's a lot of eggs, but it better than binging on almond butter.

Feeling good and calm.

I have thought a lot today about this non-sense binging, so starting tomorrow Nov 1st I am seriously committing to get to my goal weight. I have decided not to touch any of the foods that cause binging till I get to the goal weight. I know I can do this, since I have already gave up on eating grains, sugar, chicken and pork few years ago. So should not be an issue to give up (at least temporarily) on:
nuts, honey, yogurt and all fruits. I have to treat them as if I was allergic to them.

I will eat more veggies if I crave carbs. So for now it is meat, seafood, eggs, veggies and following leptin reset protocol.

I will check my weight tomorrow, even thought I know the number will be depressing.
Old 11-01-2012, 01:17 PM   #116
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

137 lb That is 10 lbs in 1 week!!! I really hope some of this is water weight. Quite depressing number. It is higher than what I started off with March 2012, but I am moving forward

Day 1 binge free

B: lamb shoulder chops (at least 60 gr of protein)
L: skipped- not hungry
D: lettuce, cucumber, onion, turkey, homemade dressing

Not counting calories but approx 1400 cal/not more than 10 gr of carbs

30 min walk
Old 11-02-2012, 09:12 AM   #117
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Day 2 Binge-Free (I know it is only 12 PM, but I can feel it I am in control again)

B: BAB with 65 gr of protein (lamb shoulder chops)
Will have some fish later on and maybe some soup

30 min walk
Old 11-02-2012, 04:11 PM   #118
Blabbermouth!!!

Wow nice loss Marika! Glad you're back on track. I am still trying.
Old 11-03-2012, 11:53 AM   #119
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Day 3 Binge-Free

B: 1/2 lb leftover salmon, 2 HB eggs, 1 tsp chopped onion, 1 Tbl mayo (around 600 cal/57 gr protein)
L/D: lettuce, leftover 1/2 salmon, cucumber, 1 tbl onion, 2 Tbs mayo, garlic, lemon juice, cilantro

around 1200 cal/less than 10 gr carbs

Jeanie -how are you doing today?
Old 11-04-2012, 11:11 AM   #120
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Day 4 Binge-Free
Thought of binging are crossing my mind today but I am staying strong. I ate enough protein today, so it is my hormones crying for some seratonin from carbs. I am not going to give in this time. I know where one bite leads me to...