Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/118.4/118 5'3.75"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobelowcarber View Post
Fantastic, Dawn. So happy to hear that

DOMS=delayed onset of muscle soreness=the soreness after you lift weight
Thanks. I have that after some of my workouts too! I will have to remember that term.
dawnyama is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-09-2013, 03:11 PM   #362
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/148.4/?
WOE: lc
So happy you are doing well Marika! Maybe we should start an exercise check in thread??

Last edited by jeaniem; 05-09-2013 at 03:37 PM..
jeaniem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 03:24 PM   #363
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tobelowcarber
Stats: 136/121.4/120
WOE: my version of healthy diet mixed with JUDDD :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeaniem View Post
So happy you are doing well Marika! Maybe we should start a exercise check in thread??
we sure can
tobelowcarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 02:23 PM   #364
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I am still incredibly sore so I am assuming my muscles are still retaining the water.
I was little scared if yesterday's higher calories and higher carbs will have impact on today's DD, but it went really well. I only had 1 meal at lunch: 8 oz leftover salmon mixed with 3 eggs whites and baked on the cookie sheet like a pizza (very yummy) for only 371 cal.

My sleep has been off for some time. I am up almost daily at 3 AM and do some reading for 2 hrs and go back to sleep for 1.5 hrs. I don't know what's up with that. I thought it was low carb but I have the same issue when I eat carbs. So it has to be JUDD. I normally eat breakfast every day as they say it is important for circadian rhythm. Had not made any difference, so today I waited till 1:30 PM to eat. Sometimes this works great on DD as you don't wake up your appetite.

My journal:
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...l#post16865441
Old 05-11-2013, 03:51 AM   #365
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Down around 7 lb since starting egg & meat last Saturday.
Old 05-11-2013, 02:17 PM   #366
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

8 days on practically zero carbs, I can say I am in ketosis. Today I had to force myself to eat up to my UD calories. I was full after 1100 cal but I was afraid I will get too hungry tomorrow. My hunger has changed since I went on meat & eggs. I don't feel the typical hunger, it is like my energy starts to get low and than I realize it is time to eat. Last week I was able to do DD below 500 cal and eat in 5 hr eating window. I hope this continues for the next 2 weeks. PMS is around the corner. I hope it will be smoother this time. My next carb day will be Friday. It supposed to be Thursday, but Thursday is a DD. I am already planning my menu for Friday. I am supposed to keep it low fat with god amount of protein and high carbs. So will probably eat egg whites, white fish, fruits, veggies, fat free yogurt and few nuts. I don't want to go too high on carbs (I am scared of PMS binging), so will primarily load on veggies. I will try to stick with this plan for the next 3 weeks along with strength training. I will than decide what to do next. Maybe do 5:2 with moderate carbs, or do few days no carbs followed by few days with moderate carbs. I hope I don't have to deal with the binging business anymore. I am done with binging as I don't want to damage my body. I remind myself of this every day since I changed my diet 8 days ago. I hope my primitive brain can register this.

Today I walked for 90 min (1 hr AM and 30 min PM).

Last edited by tobelowcarber; 05-11-2013 at 02:18 PM..
Old 05-12-2013, 08:41 AM   #367
Blabbermouth!!!

So happy for you Marika! I am starting Day 5 binge free and hoping it lasts, I feel so alive and happy when I don't binge!! I am eating about 50 carbs a day and feel a little hungry at times with calories at about 1200 most days. I still am not sure about meat/eggs as even with the slight hunger at times I enjoy the food I am eating, but on the other hand if I get too hungry the binging will return for sure.
Old 05-12-2013, 10:10 AM   #368
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Jeanie- I agree, it is amazing feeling when you don't binge. I think if you enjoy the food you eat, it may prevents you from binging. Maybe if you do get binging thoughts you can up the calories a bit.
Old 05-13-2013, 04:48 AM   #369
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/116/118-125
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
I'm pleased to read that you're doing so well. Very best wishes that this way of eating works for you to alleviate any cravings.
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 06:03 AM   #370
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSure View Post
I'm pleased to read that you're doing so well. Very best wishes that this way of eating works for you to alleviate any cravings.
Thank you so much!!! How is your LR going?
Old 05-13-2013, 06:04 AM   #371
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Old 05-13-2013, 11:31 AM   #372
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
YOu are doing so great! Keep it up!!!!!!!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 11:35 AM   #373
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
YOu are doing so great! Keep it up!!!!!!!
Thanks Monica!!!
Old 05-13-2013, 01:49 PM   #374
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Woo hoo I hope to weigh that again in the near future

I am pleased with myself, I had a couple of handfuls of peanuts (not on my menu), because I was really craving a salty crunchy end to my lunch meal. In the past this would have led me to start thinking obsessively about how I broke my diet so I may as well eat with abandon now, but today I decided it was okay and I will just adjust my dinner menu to compensate. I am feeling hungry in general today as I have been really ramping up the exercise, so I think I am going to go with a bit more protein if I need to. The exercise initially kills my appetite but when it returns look out! I am really trying hard to avoid getting overly hungry as I know I will binge sooner or later if I am constantly fighting the urge to eat.
Old 05-13-2013, 02:06 PM   #375
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeaniem View Post
Woo hoo I hope to weigh that again in the near future

I am pleased with myself, I had a couple of handfuls of peanuts (not on my menu), because I was really craving a salty crunchy end to my lunch meal. In the past this would have led me to start thinking obsessively about how I broke my diet so I may as well eat with abandon now, but today I decided it was okay and I will just adjust my dinner menu to compensate. I am feeling hungry in general today as I have been really ramping up the exercise, so I think I am going to go with a bit more protein if I need to. The exercise initially kills my appetite but when it returns look out! I am really trying hard to avoid getting overly hungry as I know I will binge sooner or later if I am constantly fighting the urge to eat.
Great

I have also been felling hungry today thanks to PMS. I went over my UD calories slightly but I am not stressing about it. Hey, I even had 1/2 cup of greek yogurt and stopped right there. This time I put little salt in it, just for a change.
Old 05-13-2013, 05:08 PM   #376
Way too much time on my hands!

Marika,

Just thought I would share what I learned today. I am doing very different things, so I am not stuck on one plan. I am reading about Kathleen's work on sugar addict's and her potatoes at night. I am also into the potato hack, having just finished one. I am interested in the "Dopamine Diet" that Dr Oz featured on his show today too. I am thinking that I have a connection there too. He had on a guy who wrote a book and that author is "Bryce Wylde". His shpeal was short and simple. You can watch the clip on Dr Oz's site. He has a bunch of food/ideas that will get your body to up your dopamine. I googled and found out that Dr Dow has a dopamine and serotonin connection along with a quiz to see how you are on his scale for the serotonin and dopamine, and supplements. So I am going to research this avenue more fully. I so know that that is what I am missing. Fortunately I have the tyrosine that was on Dr Oz's show today so I don't have to worry about searching empty shelves for it LOL. Even if you don't ascribe to his theories, the information was very interesting and I think worth watching.
Old 05-14-2013, 02:13 AM   #377
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/116/118-125
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
Quote:
Thank you so much!!! How is your LR going?
Slowly, I think. I'm not showing any signs of leptin sensitivity (not the ones that Kruse describes, anyhow) but I don't have any shreds of a standardised circadian rhythm, so, perhaps it's not too surprising that it might take me a while.
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 03:08 AM   #378
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Down to 123.8 today

Dawn- Thanks for sharing! I will definitely check Dr Oz' site. I looked on amazon for Bryce Wylde and don't see any book on the subject. He has 3 books but I don't see anything on serotonin/dopamine. I am glad to hear that PH worked so nicely for you

SlowSure- I remember reading that some people may take longer to become leptin sensitive. Keep up the good work!!!
Old 05-14-2013, 05:38 AM   #379
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
And down you are still going! WOOHOO!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 08:56 AM   #380
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sicca
Stats: 170/135/135
WOE: Atkins with a bit of Paleo
Start Date: March 2012
Hi Marika, your progress has caught my attention....so the meat and eggs are really working for you huh? Have you decided how long you'll go with it? I've been stuck in a viscous cycle of gaining and losing the same 3 - 4 pounds week after week (up after the weekend, and then it goes down all week, then back around again). I'd like to try something like this for a bit and bust past that pattern.......

Congrats on the great results so far!!
Sicca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 10:12 AM   #381
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Jessica- thanks for stopping by. I plan to stick with it for next couple of weeks. Some people do this for few days only to jump start the weight loss. I wanted to get rid of carb cravings so I decided to do it for 2-3 days only but I started really enjoying it so I have decided to complete 4 weeks on it. The weight loss of course is a nice benefit.
Old 05-14-2013, 10:13 AM   #382
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
And down you are still going! WOOHOO!
Thank you. I am a happy camper right now
Old 05-14-2013, 04:33 PM   #383
Way too much time on my hands!

Quote:
Down to 123.8 today

Dawn- Thanks for sharing! I will definitely check Dr Oz' site. I looked on amazon for Bryce Wylde and don't see any book on the subject. He has 3 books but I don't see anything on serotonin/dopamine. I am glad to hear that PH worked so nicely for you

SlowSure- I remember reading that some people may take longer to become leptin sensitive. Keep up the good work!!!
Oh, and I totally forgot to include why I thought this in particular would be interesting. He said on his show that the dopamine diet would end your cravings. I am always thinking of how I can stop mine, which seem endless. In the clip, he had some questions of which I answered yes to just about all of them. Anyway, I think any way you can solve issues without always turning to pills is a good thing the right foods can do it! I googled Bryce, and found his website. Not sure what book they are referring to in the clip. I also googled dopamine diet and that is how I found out that Dr Dow has the same info! His book "Diet Rehab" incorporates serotonin as well as the dopamine. Dr Dow is the one who does the shows on TLC about addiction and has been on Dr Oz before as well. Very interesting stuff!!!
dawnyama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 07:54 AM   #384
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnyama View Post
Oh, and I totally forgot to include why I thought this in particular would be interesting. He said on his show that the dopamine diet would end your cravings. I am always thinking of how I can stop mine, which seem endless. In the clip, he had some questions of which I answered yes to just about all of them. Anyway, I think any way you can solve issues without always turning to pills is a good thing the right foods can do it! I googled Bryce, and found his website. Not sure what book they are referring to in the clip. I also googled dopamine diet and that is how I found out that Dr Dow has the same info! His book "Diet Rehab" incorporates serotonin as well as the dopamine. Dr Dow is the one who does the shows on TLC about addiction and has been on Dr Oz before as well. Very interesting stuff!!!
Thanks, Dawn!
Old 05-15-2013, 07:55 AM   #385
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

same weight as yesterday.

I am kind of craving carbs today, so I think I am going to make this day my carb re-feed instead of Friday.
Old 05-15-2013, 10:05 AM   #386
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Surprisingly I am controlling myself because I was kind of getting worried that I am in for a binge. I am scared that the binging will still hunt me. I need to change this attitude. Today proved that I can have carbs and not binge and I should remember this. There will be days that I will be eating more carbs and yes there should be days like this. Life is too short not to enjoy delicious food. That's the thing I need to remember. I did eat a lot today, but this would not qualify as a binge. So that's a good thing. I did dive into carob "chocolates" I made for DH. They were divine, no wonder he eats couple after dinner every day. I of course had to have 5 of them, but they were so worth it!!! They taste like real chocolate and all it is is ground up macadamia nuts with some ghee in food processor with pinch of seal salt (made into nut butter), some honey, vanilla and carob powder. They go into mini muffin cups with 2 pecan half on top and I keep them in the freezer. I know they have lots of calories and few carbs but they did not cause any further cravings. I think with the chocolate I rounded up my calories for the day. I figured since this is my carb-up day let me also enjoy some berries with yogurt but surprisingly I could not finish it... Oh! LOVE this not being able to finish business
I think I am around 2200 cal today, too bad I ate big breakfast, I did not know I would be having this carb re-feed till mid morning. I really wanted to keep it low fat but I had 8 oz of salmon and 3 eggs at breakfast. The chocolate were also high in fat because of mac nuts. Oh well, will do better next time.

Tomorrow back to meat and eggs. It is going to be a DD. I have a friend coming over tomorrow in the afternoon and she will be staying over for dinner. I hate to explain my eating to her. I will probably just have some fish dinner and pretend I am not felling well. I know she will be asking why my I not eating salad or potatoes. I really dislike when people interfere in my food choices. It is my body, I can eat what ever I want. I don't bother anybody why they are not eating something or what they eating, it is not my business. I wish others would do the same instead of pushing and pushing food Enough for the rant. I need to do some cooking and weight lifting. I only walked for 35 min in the morning, maybe I go out with an umbrella.

I don't know if I should step on the scale tomorrow, I might be up slightly.

Last edited by tobelowcarber; 05-15-2013 at 10:15 AM..
Old 05-15-2013, 10:50 AM   #387
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I just added up my calories and it is better than I thought. I had approximate the calories in chocolate to about 800 cal so the total for the day came out to be 1951 cal/85 gr carbs. Carbs were kind of high, but it is a carb re-feed day after all. I am done eating for the day so I happened to eat in 4 hr window today. Hope there is not too much damage on the scale tomorrow morning.
Old 05-15-2013, 12:37 PM   #388
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ok, changing total for the day to ~2500. I had few more of those delicious little carob chocolate suckers DH can't have them anymore because they are too hard for me to resist Going to lift some weights now and maybe go for a walk. I have been procrastinating all day. Wow, the carbs really make me lazy
Old 05-15-2013, 02:50 PM   #389
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

exercise for today:
AM 35 min walk
PM: 55 min walk and
strength: Jari Love Get Ripped & Chiseled

Looking forward to all protein DD tomorrow. The carb-up day today was not as planned, but live and learn!
Old 05-16-2013, 02:09 AM   #390
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Had a lousy night. After eating clean for 2 weeks I could feel the effect of the chocolate last night. I hope by over-eating it yesterday, I have gotten it out of my mind. The thing is, I stopped eating regular chocolate 10 years when I went on SCD for my colitis. Recently I started making this carob chocolate for DH and was really curious about it. Carob is another bean very similar in look and taste to chocolate. I like it much better is it des not gives you headache like chocolate can (I used to get headaches from chocolate). So maybe the overeating syndrome I experienced yesterday was from restricting the food for years? I am sure if I ate 1 or 2 pcs I would have been fine. But I was like a kid in the candy store...and I feel it this morning. I will soon be stepping on the scale and should not be surprised to see a spike. I have to remember that I am PMSing so I could be retaining some water as well plus water from lifting weights.
Glad today is protein day and DD.

Last edited by tobelowcarber; 05-16-2013 at 02:10 AM..