Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2013, 03:49 AM   #301
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tobelowcarber
Stats: 136/121.4/120
WOE: my version of healthy diet mixed with JUDDD :)
Jeanie- I am still doing BAB (eating one as we speak) and today for the first time I am eating within 30 min of waking up. It is easy today as everything is prepared (salmon, homemade mayo, chopped onion) so I don't have to wake up my DH by cooking meat in the morning

At times I also get tired of low carb foods. Especially after the binge, they don't look too appealing. I try to make my favorite low carb meals that include mayo (there is something comforting about the mayo). I will soon be adding more veggies. If things don't work out, I will try the sweet potato before bed. But I am first giving LR a fair trial. It may take 6-8 weeks according to Jack Kruse.

I hope 5 HTP works nicely for you. I read that it can be great for binging. I decided against using it for the time being. Trying to see if food alone can do the trick. I am committing to do the LR as written this time. I was really slacking on eating within 30 min of waking up.

I had 2 great days under the belt and I am PMSing so I am optimistic. Weight is 129 today.

My journal:
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...l#post16865441

Last edited by tobelowcarber; 04-10-2013 at 03:50 AM..
tobelowcarber is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-2013, 04:11 AM   #302
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/118.4/118 5'3.75"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
Oh, Marika. Back to the 120s. Congratulations. I am working on that. Behind you by a day or 2. I am back on track---today is day #3 for me. I still want to eat off plan foods, but I am determined this time to make it work. I had to get out my shorts yesterday---in the 80s here this week! I am sooo not ready for short sleeves, let alone shorts. Eeek!!!

I am also reading about Leptin on my Kindle. I have a sample. So I am interested to see if it works for you. I have to find something that works for me too when I am done with hcg this round so I don't gain anything back. I cannot count or even imagine how many plans are going on in my head. Sometimes too much information is just too much.

Last edited by dawnyama; 04-10-2013 at 04:13 AM..
dawnyama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:57 AM   #303
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dawn- I hear you on the warm water!
Have you checked Jack Kruse's website? Lots of info there. I find the forums helpful, as Jack's language is not always easy for me to understand (too much scientific talk ) BTW, on his forum there a section for HCG.
Old 04-11-2013, 04:24 AM   #304
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yesterday and today I ate BAB within 40 min of waking up and have noticed that my appetite yesterday was non-existent (uncommon for me during PMS), I wonder if it is ketosis or the BAB that is making the difference. I still can't do it within 30 min of waking up. I oil pull for at least 20 min, than brush my teeth and drink warm water. So now I have to rush and eat right after drinking. I don't know if 10 min longer between waking up and having breakfast is a problem but I am trying my best.

I had my blood work done last week and few things stood up:
High total cholesterol (299) but with high HDL and good ratio of HDL to LDL with perfect triglycerides. I am not concern with cholesterol because good cholesterol is great and the ratio is good but my thyroid hormone profile is what is worrying me. While my TSH is in good range my Free T3 is low. I never had this happen before. I am wondering if JUDD had something to do with this. Maybe my body does not react well to limited calories every other day. I will repeat the test in 2 months and see if stopping JUDD made any difference.
Old 04-11-2013, 07:19 AM   #305
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
I've been doing oil pulling about once a week. I like the way it makes my teeth and gums feel. I have really sensitive gums and this really seems to help. What specifically are you doing it for? You do it every day? That must be really cleansing. I'm so interested in stuff like this!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:20 AM   #306
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

LCG- I have been doing it every morning for the past 8 weeks or so. I do it for 20 min and it became really easy after 2 weeks. I could even do it longer than 20 min now . I primary started doing it for gum inflammation but there are so many health benefits to it. It is an old ayurvedic practice that been done for ages. I normally have to have my teeth cleaned every 6 months, so I want to see if this improves my condition. I can already tell that my gums are looking much better, they barely bleed when I floss and I can tell there is no plaque built, my teeth look brighter and DH tells me I don't have bad breath. My next dental cleaning is in August and I am curious to see what my hygienists will tell. I also started using tooth soap at the same time, as I read that regular toothpaste (even natural one) contains glycerin which is apparently coats the teeth and prevents re-mineralization.
Old 04-11-2013, 08:48 AM   #307

I have the oil pulling for 2 weeks now too! I do it while in the shower in the AM, daily. Kills 2 birds with 1 stone. I started a while ago, quit while doing a couple rounds of hcg, but picked it back up. If I had just started I don't think I could do it in the shower LOL. But I have done very well with it so far. No spitting out at all and I don't have to sit and wait while I get out to do it. I want to do it for the benefits. My main concern is my sensitivity. I have been a "mouth clencher" (not mouth grinder) for many many years before it was discovered and I got some treatment. So my gums have obvious damage, such bad recession that I should have gum restoration surgery but cannot afford that. Trying to keep my teeth is why I do it!! I have not yet been to the dentist since starting and cannot wait to see if it has made a difference.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:18 AM   #308
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm with you guys - I see the dentist in July (I think) and I'm looking forward to hearing if they see a difference. I didn't know that about glycerin, Dawn. Very interesting. I've been brushing with diamataceous earth about once a week too, and I am feeling none of the hard buildup I usually have behind my bottom front teeth. My teeth do seem whiter and brighter (to me anyway). Between the two things, my mouth should be really healthy!
Old 04-11-2013, 09:21 AM   #309

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
I'm with you guys - I see the dentist in July (I think) and I'm looking forward to hearing if they see a difference. I didn't know that about glycerin, Dawn. Very interesting. I've been brushing with diamataceous earth about once a week too, and I am feeling none of the hard buildup I usually have behind my bottom front teeth. My teeth do seem whiter and brighter (to me anyway). Between the two things, my mouth should be really healthy!
All this by just once a week??? I went to the dentist after 1 week of oil pulling daily and I got yelled at! The hygenist said, "you are a coffee or tea drinker, eh?" I was about to smack her! I want to go back with much whiter teeth and don't think that once a week oil pulling will do that for me. I am certainly not cutting out my coffee

PS I go in July too!
Old 04-11-2013, 10:03 AM   #310
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Let's hope we all have good report at the dentist

LCG- I have to look into DE. I am afraid though it might be too abrasive for me. I have couple sensitive spots on my teeth where gums started to recess.
I agree with Dawn that OP once a week may not be enough.
Old 04-11-2013, 03:57 PM   #311
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I think LR is working. This afternoon I was really craving yogurt so I decided to have it along with my beloved macadamia nuts. I ate quite it bit of both but I did not touch honey, which I ALWAYS have when I eat yogurt. I stopped right there without going into full blown binge. I might have eaten quite few calories but I don't think I spiked my carbs to get out of ketosis. Normally I would go downhill from there eating the whole carb bonanza, but I did not, so I am very proud of myself. The reason why I let myself have the yogurt is I read that yogurt raises serotonin in the brain (maybe that's why I always crave it during PMS). I think as long as I don't put honey in it, I can have it. Macadamia nuts is a different story, they are my weakness, and I can't eat just little. I bought them this afternoon to make homemade chocolate for DH and I ate few handful of those (again without honey, which I always pair with nuts).
I think I may have to increase my protein at breakfast till TOM arrives and till I am well into ketosis. I read that some people need to go up to 80 gr of protein for breakfast if they still crave carbs.
Old 04-11-2013, 05:00 PM   #312

Good for you Marika!!!! Well done!!
Old 04-12-2013, 12:38 PM   #313
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Don't you love when you write a long post and than it accidently gets erased

Will try it again...

Bad day today After my 65gr of protein breakfast the carb cravings came back with vengeance. So, 3 cleans days and boom!- back to square one.
I think keeping my carbs too low during PMS is not sustainable as my serotonin must be dipping down. I don't know if LR is the answer. Maybe if I increase my carbs. By carbs I mean veggie carbs.

So maybe my low Free T3 levels are due to low carb and not low calories after all. I am so itching to switch back to JUDD. I loose so nicely on JUDD and feel pretty good plus I can eat carbs if I want to. I can have my sweet potato before bad and not worry about eating carbs (it is a vegetable after all). No matter how you slice it and dice it, I think JUDD is more sustainable in the long run as I can have more variety of foods. I am just sick or tired of gaining and losing. I want to get back to 119 again, I was there 3 weeks ago and I finally felt great, fitting in my skinny jeans. Now, I am almost 130

I will try to do DD tomorrow.

Last edited by tobelowcarber; 04-12-2013 at 01:24 PM..
Old 04-12-2013, 02:34 PM   #314

Old 04-12-2013, 02:59 PM   #315
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

How are you doing, Dawn?
Old 04-12-2013, 05:22 PM   #316

Really, really well actually. I am done with Day #5 on plan. So far so good!!! Just knowing that I am on the hcg, keeps me on the straight and narrow. I WANT to eat everything I see, but know I CANNOT. Still plugging along though. Thanks for asking.
Old 04-13-2013, 03:28 AM   #317
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I am so happy to hear you are doing well, Dawn!!!!! (at least one of us is )

I am re-starting JUDD today.
It is a good thing I keep written journal of what I eat (carbs and calories) because I see I did my best when I ate veggies carbs when I was JUDDing in Feb and March (beets, carrots, butternut sqush, spaghetti sqush, onions and the whole variety of low carb veggies). I lost best with carbs on UD anywhere from 20-60 gr, DD usually lower carbs and my PMS was a breeze. I think I need a balance, can't go on 15 gr of carbs for too long. I am going to repeat those menus.

As per JUDD calculator my numbers are UD-1591/ DD-557 (35% weight loss mode), but looking at my journal I had many UD that went up to 1900 cal and DD (400-700 cal) and I lost nicely.

So here it is to a new start

Last edited by tobelowcarber; 04-13-2013 at 03:31 AM..
Old 04-13-2013, 11:00 AM   #318
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Could not do DD today as I started binging again.
Tomorrow I have guests, so DD will not be possible. I am losing my hope that I can get this binging out of my system, Maybe only menopause will resolve this hormonal battle

Last edited by tobelowcarber; 04-13-2013 at 11:40 AM..
Old 04-13-2013, 04:43 PM   #319

I went to the library today and got whole bunch of books. I got "Your Last Diet"; "Good Calories, Bad Calories"; "Little Sugar Addicts" and some others. That should keep me busy for a while!

I know that when I started on progesterone I wanted to eat ALL THE TIME. I thought it would help my weight loss, but it really didn't. Hormones are horrible.
Old 04-13-2013, 05:30 PM   #320
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/148.4/?
WOE: lc
Dawn
I am reading the revised edition of the potatoes not prozac book and hoping I find something there that helps me. The title is misleading as the book is really about sugar addiction.
jeaniem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 08:12 AM   #321
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I have started NK ketosis yesterday. So far I feel great

4/15: 133.6
4/16: 132.2
Old 04-16-2013, 09:53 AM   #322
Blabbermouth!!!

I'll be interested to hear how you like NK, Marika. I've not tried it as a WOE, but love my high fat DDs. I do believe in it. Amazing isn't it, that you can lose fat eating more fat?
Old 04-16-2013, 10:12 AM   #323
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks LCG. I hope it works. That's one WOE that I have not tried yet.

What is your menu like on high fat DD?
Old 04-16-2013, 12:09 PM   #324
Blabbermouth!!!

Mornings I do coffee/cream. Maybe an iced coffee/cream for lunch/snack. Then dinner I like to do eggs or bacon, or some other protein cooked in fat. Not a lot of volume, but it satiates me pretty well and lasts for hours.
Old 04-16-2013, 03:58 PM   #325
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I only lasted 2 days before I caved again and had more carbs than I should.
Maybe I should not be a low-carber
Time to take a break. I will update my journal when I have better news to share. Right now it is a failure after failure.
This month I have:
stopped and re-started JUDD, stopped and re-started Atkins, stopped and re-started leptin reset and lasted 2 days on NK. I don't know if it is my hormones. Perhaps yes, as I have PMS from hell.

I will be back. I know I will get this under control one day.
Old 04-16-2013, 06:02 PM   #326
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/148.4/?
WOE: lc
Marika. I know how you feel. I just can't figure out why so many others find relief through low carb, yet it doesn't work for us.
jeaniem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:03 PM   #327
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Back on JUDD :)

I am raising my carbs and doing JUDD again. Since I seem to binge on any WOE during PMS, why fight my body. I think I need more carbs to get the serotonin levels up. I used to eat only 20 gr of carbs (gross) and I think that's too low. Perhaps 50-90 gr a day should be a manageable number with JUDD. Since I don't eat grains it is not easy for me to get all this from veggies. I may add in some fruits, but the primary carb source will come from veggies. DD carbs will probably be lower. Let's see how it goes.

So far my first DD after a 2 weeks hiatus is going well. I love the feeling I get on DD. I am so glad to be back. I just have to this right this time, NO EXCUSES!!!
TOM is just around the corner, Please come soon

I did not check my weight today, but I imagine it is at least 133

today's menu:

B: 6 oz broiled lamb kebabs (marinated in yogurt, garlic, ginger and spices)
L: not hungry, skipping
D: same as breakfast plus 5 oz spaghetti squash

total 573/12 carb (carb level is little too low, but I don't want to spike my cravings today, I may have some carrots before bed)

I got the Potatoes Not Prozak today, so I will start reading it ASAP plus will also read Brain Over Binge. I usually read 2-3 books at the time

Last edited by tobelowcarber; 04-17-2013 at 12:04 PM..
Old 04-17-2013, 03:58 PM   #328

Marika-I see myself in you so much. I switch plans or WOE every day too LOL. I am reading "Little Sugar Addicts" currently and just in the first few pages, I can see myself in them. I am perfect for THAT plan. As are my kids. One of the traits---impulsive is listed under behavior. That is me. She nailed it! I have much more traits she lists in her book. It is amazing. You will have to let me know how you like Potatoes Not Prozac. She said in the book I am reading that that was her thesis paper for grad school. It was about sugar sensitivity, not about potatoes per say. The title is misleading for sure. Did you get it from the library?
Old 04-18-2013, 03:30 AM   #329
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

My library do not have the book, but I got for 0.01c plus shipping from amazon (used book). I only read first chapter and I can also see myself in what she describes.

My DD went great yesterday. No matter what, I still feel the best on JUDD.

131.4 today. DNW yesterday.
Old 04-18-2013, 03:28 PM   #330
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I had a great UD today. No cravings and I am still PMSing. I have upped my carbs to 65 gr today and I fell more calm. I am cautiously optimistic as I don't want to jinx myself.

1 hr walk in the morning

B: 2 scrambled eggs, lamb burger
L: Beet soup, baked salmon, sautéed red chard with mushrooms
D: Beet soup, ground lamb coked with shredded cabbage, onions, green peas ginger, garlic, spices

1560 cal/65 gr carbs