Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2013, 12:25 PM   #271
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/148.4/?
WOE: lc
tomorrow starts another 21 day sugar detox for me!

Marika
I am trying this plan out it appeals to me as a binger as there are a few more food choices which will help me feel less deprived I hope
jeaniem is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-2013, 01:00 PM   #272
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tobelowcarber
Stats: 136/121.4/120
WOE: my version of healthy diet mixed with JUDDD :)
Jeanie- I will look into it. Thank you!
tobelowcarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 11:44 PM   #273
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I have spent whole evening reading Jack Kruse's website. I have not been there in few months. I think Jack is right about the importance of breakfast. I have started skipping breakfast on DD because I did not wanted to eat too early to save the calories but I think this has back fired on me. I have alawys been a breakfast person. Jack does not believes in intermitant fasting and he says if you want to do IF it is better to have breakfast and than fast till next morning. Maybe that's what I will do on my DD. Have breakfast between 8-10 AM and perhaps light snack in the evening so that I can sleep. I was thinking of having 250 cal breakfast (protein only) and than 2-3 tsp of coconut oil in the afternoon.
Today is UD I will have BAB with salmon and eggs. I need to kick this binging monster out of the system again. It feels good mentally to know that I only have 2 DD a week. I think having 2-3 UD in the row will give me enough noursishment to do 2 fasting days. I may do some weeks of 3 DD but for now I will stick with 2 DD.

My journal:
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...l#post16865441
Old 04-03-2013, 08:50 AM   #274
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I had a really lousy sleep last night.

Scale this morning again did not recognize me: 129.2 lb

Today is UD and I had leptin reset BAB breakfast with 58 gr protein/512 cal (8 oz baked salmon and 2 eggs cooked in coconut oil). I am stuffed.

Will have some lamb stir-fried later on. I am sure I will not be hungry for at least 5-6 hrs.

I am thinking how will I do DD tomorrow? If I eat 50 gr of protein for breakfast, it will have to be from egg whites or white fish/turkey so that I don't use all my DD calories in the morning. I can probably use 400 and than have some veggies in the afternoon for 100 cal.

Last edited by tobelowcarber; 04-03-2013 at 09:23 AM..
Old 04-03-2013, 12:35 PM   #275
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

It has been 6 hours since I ate BAB and I am not even slightly hungry.
So I have decided to make today DD and will do UD tomorrow. I am not going to force myself to eat if I am not hungry. WOW, if everyday is like this, nothing like it

I will try to do 3 DD a week but if it is difficult, I am not going to force it and will try to do at least 2 DD. I really like the benefits of fasting and don't want to give up on JUDD completely. I will be listening to my body better this time. If it is 1, 2 or 3 DD a week- that's better than nothing.

So there is an explanation to my 2 day binge. My ovulation is early this time and that explains the cravings.
I need to learn to how listen to body and remember that we all different. Some people can do JUDD without counting carbs, they can do every other day rotation with no issues and they can skip breakfast on DD. I know for a fact that skipping breakfast and eating the foods that cause to binge are my downfall. JUDD should not a problem if I can remember my weaknesses.
Old 04-03-2013, 05:24 PM   #276
Blabbermouth!!!

Gotta love the BAB! I always sleep better when I eat breakfast,but I have to force myself to eat it.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:51 AM   #277
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: shepheka
Stats: 130/118/110
WOE: JUDD
Start Date: April 4,2014
Hi Marika, I just thought I pop in and see how you are doing. What is BAB?
shepheka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:14 AM   #278
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hello Shepheka! Thanks for stopping by.

BAB=big a..s breakfast. It is from Leptin Reset by Jack Kruse. You eat high protein breakfast of at least 50 gr of protein. This is supposed to take are of cravings.
Old 04-04-2013, 03:34 PM   #279
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

127.2 lb

Day 2 binge-free. No cravings, feeling good

8:15 AM lamb burgers, 2 eggs with coconut oil (60 gr protein)
2:20 PM 1 TBL coconut oil
6:15 PM baked salmon, roasted asparagus with EVOO, lamb burgers, lettuce, cucumber, EVOO

1624 cal/20 gr carbs

I was getting hungry around 3 PM but only brought coconut oil for lunch. I think 6-7 hrs window after breakfast is max I should do. It looks like the best would be to have breakfast and than another big meal between 3-5 PM. Sometimes that's not easy on the days I am out of the house all day.

It feels good to know that tomorrow is another UD. I don't need to stuff myself today.

Last edited by tobelowcarber; 04-04-2013 at 03:35 PM..
Old 04-05-2013, 05:51 AM   #280
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

125.4 lb

UD again

I just had the most filling breakfast: 8.5 oz leftover baked salmon, 2 HB eggs, 3 Tbl homemade mayo, 1 tbl finally chopped onions. Delicious and very filling with 777 cal and 60 gr of protein. I just love mayo with cold salmon and also love egg salad. Hefty calories but it is a UD.

One thing I need to start working on is eating within 30 min of waking up. I have no problem eating right a way but I usually exercise first thing in the morning as this seems to work best for my schedule. Today I did not exercise so I ate within 45 min. The oil pulling alone takes me 25 min in the morning. Past 2 days I exercised so I ate within 1 hr 15 min of waking up.
I know that Jack Kruse recommends that we eat within 30 min of waking up. Maybe I can do this on my non-exercising days. He also does not advocates exercising in the beginning of the reset besides walking. He says the best time to exercise is in the evening. I don't think this works for my body type. I am a morning person. I can do all my house work including cooking in the morning. I have most energy to exercise in the morning as well. Come afternoon/evening, all I want to do is relax. I wonder if this is YMMV kind of thing. Eating 1 15 hr after waking up has been working well for me so far. So maybe I am OK with it. I will try to move my exercising routine to after breakfast at least 2 times a week and see what happens.

I have been thinking how to incorporate DD. I think I will do DUUD rotation. This way I have 2 UD between DD.
I have calculated how many DD will I have in the month using different schedules:

EOD (every other day DD) 14 DD/month
4:3 (fixed 4 UD/3 DD a week) 12 DD/month
DUUD (D UD UD D) 10 DD/month
5:2 (fixed 5 UD/2 DD a week) 8 DD/month

I think I will stick with DUUD and occasional 4:3. The best part is I can always change to every other day if I feel like it. Or I can move my DD to any day of the week. Or I can only have 1 DD a week. I am trying to make this not feel like a diet. I don't have much weight to lose, so I am doing this for the health benefits. I want this kind of eating to become natural to me.
My goodness, I am so talkative this morning. I think it is the effect of the BAB

Last edited by tobelowcarber; 04-05-2013 at 06:12 AM..
Old 04-05-2013, 08:57 AM   #281
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: shepheka
Stats: 130/118/110
WOE: JUDD
Start Date: April 4,2014
Oh! Well, if I ate a BAB I'm sure I would eat a BAL and a BAD and some BAS. That last one stood for snacks. Once I start eating it seems I unleash a monster that is hard to stop! Isn't it odd how different we all react? I guess that is why I have had such a hard time over the years finding something that works. I will read about a new diet, follow it to the letter, It won't work for me, I become frustrated, I eat, blah, blah, blah!!! I sure hope this works for you. Sending good energy your way!
shepheka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:15 AM   #282
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You are funny, Shepheka
See, if the breakfast is high in protein with no carbs, maybe you would not eat BAL and a BAD and some BAS for the rest of the day. I think the protein makes a difference. You are doing very well, don't need to be bothered with BAB
Thanks for your good wishes!
Old 04-05-2013, 03:12 PM   #283
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I had my lunch/dinner at 3 PM (lamb stir-fried with mushroom and asparagus) and got hungry again at 6 PM, so I had 2 HB eggs with little mayo. Yes, I am supposed to wait 5 hrs between meals but it is this time of the month that I usually binge, so it is all good.
Old 04-06-2013, 09:20 AM   #284
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Felling super hungry today and it is a DD. But I am going to stay strong. I am not craving carbs, I am just plain hungry. It is not going to be an easy DD for sure, as I ate most of my calories for the day already. I will try to stick to veggies and lots of water for the rest of the day. I don't think I can do 500 cal today, but that's OK it is a PMS time after all. As long as I don't binge, it is all good.
Old 04-06-2013, 10:25 AM   #285
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

DD is not going to happen today for sure. Already got up to my UD calories. I promised myself earlier this week that I will JUDD for intuitively. Today I am just starving so it is an UD. I am not touching carbs, just eating lots of protein and fats. I am sure that's is better than trying to make this DD and then reaching for carbs (just because they are lower in calories). So I am not counting the calories today. I will have to do DD on Monday as I am eating at friend's house tomorrow.

I am trying l-glutamine powder today.

Last edited by tobelowcarber; 04-06-2013 at 10:27 AM..
Old 04-06-2013, 12:21 PM   #286
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I am giving up. Binged again despite of having 3rd UD in the row and despite of trying to only eat protein today. I took l-glutamine and still binged. I know it was only 1 dosage but I am losing my hopes now.
Everytime I think I have under control I fail again and again.

ETA: My binge today was about half of what I normally eat when I binge. I was full much sooner. So maybe something is working: LR or L-glutamine?
I am going to take L-glutamine 3 times a day and let's see what happens. Moving on.... again LOL

Last edited by tobelowcarber; 04-06-2013 at 12:34 PM..
Old 04-08-2013, 11:28 AM   #287
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I have been in total carb coma for the past 2 days. I have never been this bad and I am afraid if I continue to do JUDD, this may turn into eating disorder. Eating carbs makes me depressed and also counting calories and starving on DD makes me depressed. I read that some people get depressed on Atkins, I think I am just an opposite. I feel great on low carb!

I just finished reading my whole journal from day 1 and I see a pattern here. I have been repeating the same thing over and over, losing and gaining the same 10 lbs and can't break the vicious cycle. I have not learned anything from writing all this. I learned one thing- it all starts with eating carbs and counting calories.
Why am I am doing this to my body???

I try too hard to do JUDD and the restrictions don't work for my body. As it is, it is very difficult tor me to stay low carb during PMS and at the same time to lower the calories, not for me! I can't do both at the same time. I thought I can do 5:2 JUDD, but it is not happening. Maybe one day... once I am well into ketosis and stay there for at least a month. I really wanted the JUDD to work for me because I really believe in health benefits of fasting. Maybe it was my fault to go low on calories on DD. Maybe if I did 800 cal 3 days a week, it would have worked better. I was trying to get to my goal weight quickly (silly me). If I do JUDD again (or a modified version of it), I would never go below 700-800 cal on DD. Eating so little on DD works for many, but not for me. Who was I kidding, thinking I can do 500 cal. I was losing nicely on JUDD but it is not worth it I continue to binge.

I think eating in 8 hour window is also a possibility but that's all in the future. For now I have to get rid of this binging behavior that started to escalate. Recently, I was not only binging during PMS but beyond. This is when I realized this is a slippery slope towards ED. Eating in the car and looking for excuse to go to grocery store, than eating fast and going back to the store to get more food. Sick, sick, sick!!!!

So, for now I am eating low carb and that's all. I will eat when I am hungry and will listen to my body. I will still do BAB- it can only help, I hope.

Last edited by tobelowcarber; 04-08-2013 at 11:32 AM..
Old 04-08-2013, 06:49 PM   #288
Blabbermouth!!!

Marika
Sorry to hear your struggling I was reading a book about 5thp today and the recommendation was to take the 5htp 20 mins before meals to decrease appetite and carb cravings, I am going to give that a try for a bit and see if it works. I need to do the BAB as well, but can't seem to make myself eat breakfast at this point. I generally need to be on track and not binging before I can do that as by then I am usually at least a little hungry when I wake up in the morning. Another thing I see as a pattern with me and perhaps you as well is that we try something and when it doesn't go perfectly we assume it failed and then go back to what we KNOW didn't work in the first place. Does that make sense? By this point we have tried so many things we don't even remember what works the best for us. I hope I am not being out of line, but I just wonder if we should pick something sensible like the BAB and some supps if needed and continue to do it even after a slip up or binge. I may be all wrong of course and perhaps you already stay the course, but I know I feel so defeated when I try something and fail that I usually move on to something else entirely when in reality a few simple things work the best

Last edited by jeaniem; 04-08-2013 at 06:50 PM..
Old 04-09-2013, 03:55 AM   #289
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Jeanie- I thing you are absolutely right! I am also the same way, when I binge I get so discouraged that I think nothing is working and I think of switching plans or worst, completely giving up. What you said it makes sense. We should stick to one thing and give it time. Diet and supplements is not a magic pill, it takes time to work. Even if we binge, we get up and keep on going. It may not always be a smooth sailing but one day we will find that perfect balance of protein, carbs and other nutrients that will switch the binging behavior off. I do know that following JUDD right now is not a smart thing to do for me. So that goes on the back burner. I keep on reading about leptin reset and I see lots of people get over their cravings once they are reset. It may take months before that happens. Last time I did LR I quit after few weeks because I binged and got discouraged. Than I read how mamagratok binged after 1 year of being binge-free on LR and I got discouraged again. But there are many success stories of people following LR.
Right now I am working on getting my body back into ketosis. I will try to eat BAB within 30 min of waking up. I will also reduce the exercise to walking only and see what happens.

The thing I am not sure about is how many carbs should I be eating. I wonder if eating VLC (less than 20 gross carbs) is too low for the serotonin level. Few cycles ago I ate more carbs, all from veggies (like 40-60) and I did not binge, only slightly over-ate. I did well with that, but again silly me wanted to quickly get to my goal weight so I lowered it. I think there has to be a balance, right? We are not always going to eat VLC. We do need the nutrients from the veggies. For now I am sticking to 20 gr of carbs (from veggies only) to get my body back into ketosis. I will eat when I am hungry and go from there.

Last edited by tobelowcarber; 04-09-2013 at 03:57 AM..
Old 04-09-2013, 04:09 AM   #290
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Just checked my weight to see the damage- 130.6
I don't think to yo-yo dieting is good for the body. Enough said! Let me have some BAB
Old 04-09-2013, 11:19 AM   #291
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Marika, I'm so sorry JUDDD is working against you right now. You seem to have figured out what to do, and I'm with you, I feel great on LC! My body loves it. I hope you can find your way back to JUDDD once you get this other stuff worked out.
LoCarbGal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:31 PM   #292
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/118.4/118 5'3.75"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
Marika--I konw you certainly don't need another thing to try.....however, have you checked into Kathleen Des Maisons' books? She wrote "potatoes not prozac". I got her books from the library. She talks about using a potato at nighttime, to raise the serotonin at night. That will make you more sane during the day! She then went on to learn that while people were feeling so much better doing this trick, they were not losing weight. So she wrote another book combining the potato at night with a weight loss plan (Your Last Diet, I believe is that one). Anyhoo, you can look up her books on Amazon, and she has her own website. It is packed with oodles of information. And I receive her newsletter--unfortunately it is being sent to an old email that I never check anymore. Have to switch that over to my new one. But i thought you might want to check it out!!! She even has a book for kids and sugar addiction.

Last edited by dawnyama; 04-09-2013 at 12:33 PM..
dawnyama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:12 PM   #293
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

LCG- Thank you! I hope one day I will do modified JUDD. Funny thing is my DH is trying JUDD (5:2 with 800 cal DD) and I just quit. I am amazed how easy it is for him to do it. I was sure he will struggle, I was so wrong.

Dawn- Thanks! I will check the book out. I remember you mentioning it on another thread. The thing is I don't eat white potatoes, but maybe I could do it with sweet potato.
Old 04-09-2013, 01:40 PM   #294
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dawn- I just read on Radiant Recovery website the sweet potatoes are OK. I think I will have to slowly ease up to eating them, as I did not eat them in few years now. They are actually not allowed on SCD (diet I follow for colitis), but I think I have been long enough in remission to introduce them back. I think I will try slowly and if I can have them and they raise my serotonin- I would be one happy camper.
Old 04-09-2013, 02:01 PM   #295

Oh, I am so happy for you. Yes, sweet potatoes will be good for the serotonin, just as the white potato. There are so many potatoes to choose from nowadays. Glad to hear at least one will be good for you. I remember reading on the JUDDD forum about the DD hack and all those potatoes and I think to myself "there is no way I can do potatoes" My mindset is all "no to the potato" It just shows that I have been too low carb for too long Once I get this weight off, and stabilized then I am going to switch up a few things. Geesh, if I say no to potatoes and yes to chocolate (non-low carb chocolate that is ) way too many times, that is so way off base. So I would like to venture out that way sometime. I just wanted you to have information that may help. If looking into something that seems to not be what you want/need then that is OK. No harm in researching for now. That is why I said my library has the books. No investment there! Best wishes and know that I am rooting for you every day to have a good day I am following you closely because I could write every word you have I struggle with the same issues daily and so want to stop struggling. Maybe if you find the answer it will be mine too
Old 04-09-2013, 02:10 PM   #296
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Dawn and to you as well. I hope we can find the solution. I think checking the library is a good idea as I just bought 3 books from amazon
Old 04-09-2013, 02:32 PM   #297
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dawn- how is the progesterone working for you?
Old 04-09-2013, 02:57 PM   #298

Not so much. I just got a call from the clinic today saying that my levels are not balanced yet and I need to come in for an insert "balancer" next week. So not "feeling" anything as of yet. I think the hormones have actually driven me to eat more this past week. I was in binge mode since I got on them. It is sheer willpower and not anything I am taking that is making me not eat right now.
Old 04-09-2013, 03:52 PM   #299
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stay strong, Dawn!
Old 04-09-2013, 05:16 PM   #300
Blabbermouth!!!

Hope we all do well trying to beat this. Tomorrow I plan to bump the 5htp up to 300 mg.- 100 mg. about 20 mins. before each meal. I am really sad though as I can not get excited about low carb right now, I know it is healthy and works the best but I am not at all excited about the food.

Marika
Are you still doing the BAB?

Last edited by jeaniem; 04-09-2013 at 05:44 PM..