Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2012, 10:09 AM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Location: Transplanted to NC...but my hearts in Hampton, VA....
Gallery: heidi21062
Stats: 196/192/110 - 5'2"
WOE: Atkins..no WW's...wait a minute....what day is it?
Start Date: Started 07/15/12
~*~Fit & Fabulous at 50~*~

Hi! Remember me? Some of you will some of you won't...

I'm Heidi...I turned 50 in February. At first I wanted to stay in bed with my head under the covers! 50? Me? That can't be! I still feel 30! Now I have decided to embrace it! What other choice do I have? I will not let my age define me!

A little background - I have been married to Louis, the love of my life for 31-years. We have two awesome kids - our son, Mitch is 29 and married to a wonder girl named Sharon. Our daughter, Sami is 25 and is married to an awesome guy named Steven. I am waiting patiently for grandchildren...*taps foot*....Reading is one of my passions, I also love the beach, reality TV , Starbucks, high-heels, the color purple, and all things animal-print!

Although, I've always hated my hips & thighs, I never really had a weight problem until after my second pregnancy. I gained a LOT of weight while pregnant, but lost it quickly after giving birth. I slowly started to gain about 5-years later and have yo-yo'd in-between 122-160 every since. Lose a little...gain a lot...lose a little...gain a lot more...

Last week I was at my highest weight ever....196.0 Having gained 30 more pounds in the last 5-years. Not a pretty sight on someone who only stands 5' 2".

This week, I received a text from Karen, aka Scarlet Blonde, a wonderful friend from my prior days here at LCF. She wanted to get our once tight-knit group of women back together again! Hallelujah!!! The MMFM group of women are so awesome and some of the best friends I've ever had....we've laughed with each other, cried with each, supported each other through all kinds of ups-and-downs...I am so happy that this awesome group of women is reuniting and I get to be a part of it!

Strap on your seat belts....it's gonna be a wild ride!

~*~If you can imagine it, you can do it~*~ -Tosca Reno

~A word to the wise ain't necessary; it's the stupid ones that need the advice ~ Bill Cosby

.....stupid and rude is NOT a good combination, so I do my best to educate the dumbasses of the world. ~CurveControl
heidi21062 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-20-2012, 08:03 AM   #2

~TGIF~

Yesterday - the official 'Weigh-In Day' of the MMFM challenge - I forgot to mention that I was 194.0. Down 2 lbs since starting on Monday!

Today I am 192.2! Yes, I am one of those people that weighs everyday ....I know I shouldn't, but old habits die hard. And I should mention that I only weigh every day IF I am on-plan...otherwise, I avoid the scale as if it were the plague!

Not much activity planned this week-end. The only thing on my agenda is a bridal shower tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully, there will be a veggie platter and maybe some chicken wings, that way I can avoid the chips & dip and cake!

Sunday I need to sit down and make-up a week's worth of menus and get to the grocery store! My fridge is pretty much bare right now! I find that if I am going to stay on plan, I need to pre-plan! If I try to fly by the seat of my plants (which I am famous for ), my dieting goes to heck-in-a hand basket!

So....Plan, Plan, Plan is the name of the game!
Old 07-20-2012, 09:40 AM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
We are kindred spirits. I have always been a fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants kinda girl. What I'm realizing? I can't be that way with my weightloss. Nope. I'll tell ya, it's hard to change that mindset! I also plan out menus for at least a few days at a time, if not a week...it takes so much pressure off of me mentally, especially when days are hectic or I'm extra tired.

Ugh, the scale and I have just recently made up for the moment...but that changes on a daily basis I think : rolleyes: I used to be a daily weigher, obsessed. I don't anymore, I can't handle all the mental anguish that hunk of metal doles out to me sometimes.

Have a great day lady!!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:58 AM   #4
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: ScarletBlonde
Stats: 171.4/135/137
WOE: WW/SB
Hi, girl. Don't forget I stalked you on FB too.

I'm happy we decided to get together again. Not only to be accountable and to vent, but the support. Support in not only the weight game, but with things that happen in our lives that affect us with food.

I don't want to say on FB that I feel ugly and unworthy. That's only something I can say to the peeps that went through or are going through the same thing. so here we are...
ScarletBlonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 01:01 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
We are kindred spirits. I have always been a fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants kinda girl. What I'm realizing? I can't be that way with my weightloss. Nope. I'll tell ya, it's hard to change that mindset! I also plan out menus for at least a few days at a time, if not a week...it takes so much pressure off of me mentally, especially when days are hectic or I'm extra tired.

Ugh, the scale and I have just recently made up for the moment...but that changes on a daily basis I think : rolleyes: I used to be a daily weigher, obsessed. I don't anymore, I can't handle all the mental anguish that hunk of metal doles out to me sometimes.

Have a great day lady!!
Planning has never been something I'm good at! Like you, I've come to realize that I can't do that and lose weight....it's just too easy to say, "Oh, there's nothing to eat at home..." and the next thing you know, I've gone through a drive-thru and super-sized it!

I need to stay off of the scale and only weigh-in weekly...if I'm on-plan, the scale can make-or-break my day, depending on what it says....
Old 07-20-2012, 01:29 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletBlonde View Post
Hi, girl. Don't forget I stalked you on FB too.

I'm happy we decided to get together again. Not only to be accountable and to vent, but the support. Support in not only the weight game, but with things that happen in our lives that affect us with food.

I don't want to say on FB that I feel ugly and unworthy. That's only something I can say to the peeps that went through or are going through the same thing. so here we are...
I love that you stalk me!

I'm so happy, too! I know we tried to keep in touch on FB, but it's not the same! Back in the day we used to spend half of our day chatting on this board! You guys knew more about me than Louis did!

I could never say on FB that I feel ugly and unworthy, either....and hell would freeze over and we'd all go ice skating before I would tell anybody over there how much I weigh!

Thanks again for getting us all back together!
Old 07-20-2012, 01:33 PM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Yeah I had to kinda break up with my scale and not get on it every day. It was too hard mentally for me to see the same number days on end, sometimes higher numbers for whatever reason.. Luckily it's not been too hard for me to keep away! We won't even discuss the drive-thru Bad Bad Bad!

We can do it!!!
Old 07-22-2012, 06:59 AM   #8

Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
Well Hello girly.. I didn't know you had another journal here again.. is everyone back??

Glad I found you !!

IN a rush right now.. but I'll catch up on you for sure..!
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 05:36 PM   #9

Hey Monet!

Just started my journal a few days ago. I'm glad you found me, too!

Karen has notified everyone that used to be in the old group...so far Anna, Lisa & Kimmer have all checked in....I hope more will come back soon!
Old 07-22-2012, 07:26 PM   #10

[QUOTE=heidi21062;15820587]Hey Monet!

Just started my journal a few days ago. I'm glad you found me, too!

Karen has notified everyone that used to be in the old group...so far Anna, Lisa & Kimmer have all checked in....I hope more will come back soon![/QUOTE]

oh wow.. that is great!!

GOooo JEF!!!..but I felt soo bad for Arie
Old 07-23-2012, 07:15 AM   #11

I felt bad for Arie, but I was soooo glad she chose Jef. I knew when she decided to let Jef meet Rickie that she had probably decided that he was 'the one' and wanted to see how Rickie would react to him!
Old 07-23-2012, 10:10 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by heidi21062 View Post
I felt bad for Arie, but I was soooo glad she chose Jef. I knew when she decided to let Jef meet Rickie that she had probably decided that he was 'the one' and wanted to see how Rickie would react to him!
yip.. same here

but I really thought she was gonna pick him.. only because of who he is and what he does.. but for once.. she picked who I wanted..lol.. usually they don't..
Old 07-23-2012, 01:31 PM   #13

Okay, breakfast was a bust....I didn't have time to fix anything LC, so I had a slice of cheese, a Diet Mt. Dew and a banana.

I did better at lunch time - 2 bunless hot dogs

I think I'm going to make taco salad for dinner.

I'm trying to wean myself off of the diet sodas, so when I came back from lunch I brought a big glass of ice water with lemon & cucumber slices in it! It's pretty yummy! Waaaaaaay better than plain water!
Old 07-24-2012, 08:30 AM   #14
Big Yapper!!!!

I made a pitcher of water with lemons on the weekend and had it all by myself. I think the lemons not only make the water taste better, but help me lose weight. I always feel slimmer. I'm crazy, but eh.
Old 07-24-2012, 08:33 AM   #15

Quote:
Okay, breakfast was a bust....I didn't have time to fix anything LC, so I had a slice of cheese, a Diet Mt. Dew and a banana.

I did better at lunch time - 2 bunless hot dogs

I think I'm going to make taco salad for dinner.

I'm trying to wean myself off of the diet sodas, so when I came back from lunch I brought a big glass of ice water with lemon & cucumber slices in it! It's pretty yummy! Waaaaaaay better than plain water!
I love me some taco salad.. ..

never thought of putitng cucumbers in my water.. hmmm.. I think I'll give that a try..thanks
Old 07-24-2012, 10:20 AM   #16

Quote:
I made a pitcher of water with lemons on the weekend and had it all by myself. I think the lemons not only make the water taste better, but help me lose weight. I always feel slimmer. I'm crazy, but eh.
I always feel like I'm doing something healthy when I put lemons in it!
Old 07-24-2012, 10:22 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by monet0329 View Post
I love me some taco salad.. ..

never thought of putitng cucumbers in my water.. hmmm.. I think I'll give that a try..thanks
The first time I ever went to Fort Lauderdale with Sami, we went to the beach club and had a massage and they served lemon/cucumber water there. I had never thought of that, either, but it was so good I started making it at home! Okay....technically, I don't 'make it'....I just slice it up and throw it in there!
Old 07-24-2012, 12:40 PM   #18

Quote:
The first time I ever went to Fort Lauderdale with Sami, we went to the beach club and had a massage and they served lemon/cucumber water there. I had never thought of that, either, but it was so good I started making it at home! Okay....technically, I don't 'make it'....I just slice it up and throw it in there!
Old 07-25-2012, 06:21 AM   #19

Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
Quote:
Hi! Remember me? Some of you will some of you won't...

I'm Heidi...I turned 50 in February. At first I wanted to stay in bed with my head under the covers! 50? Me? That can't be! I still feel 30! Now I have decided to embrace it! What other choice do I have? I will not let my age define me!

A little background - I have been married to Louis, the love of my life for 31-years. We have two awesome kids - our son, Mitch is 29 and married to a wonder girl named Sharon. Our daughter, Sami is 25 and is married to an awesome guy named Steven. I am waiting patiently for grandchildren...*taps foot*....Reading is one of my passions, I also love the beach, reality TV , Starbucks, high-heels, the color purple, and all things animal-print!

Although, I've always hated my hips & thighs, I never really had a weight problem until after my second pregnancy. I gained a LOT of weight while pregnant, but lost it quickly after giving birth. I slowly started to gain about 5-years later and have yo-yo'd in-between 122-160 every since. Lose a little...gain a lot...lose a little...gain a lot more...

Last week I was at my highest weight ever....196.0 Having gained 30 more pounds in the last 5-years. Not a pretty sight on someone who only stands 5' 2".

This week, I received a text from Karen, aka Scarlet Blonde, a wonderful friend from my prior days here at LCF. She wanted to get our once tight-knit group of women back together again! Hallelujah!!! The MMFM group of women are so awesome and some of the best friends I've ever had....we've laughed with each other, cried with each, supported each other through all kinds of ups-and-downs...I am so happy that this awesome group of women is reuniting and I get to be a part of it!

Strap on your seat belts....it's gonna be a wild ride!

Hey, Heidi.

EMBRACE it, girlfriend. FIFTY AIN'T OLD. It's empowering!

BTW, purple? Yeah? Hmmm...Just had a pedicure over the weekend. They're a fab shade of deep purple, something like..."Be Still My Heart," whatever. OPI

Work it, girl. Make it happen.
WATCH-ME-SHRINK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 08:02 AM   #20

Twyla! *squeeeee* You found me!

You know you are my hero, right? I look at your pictures and I think, "WHOA! Okay, Twyla is my age....If she can do this, I can do this!" *crosses fingers...and toes* LOL I will probably bombard you will a bazillion questions and pleas for advice!

And about the purple....I was never really a fan until about 10-years ago....Now it is my favorite go-to color! Throw a little zebra-print in with it and you have the perfect color palate! haha!
Old 07-26-2012, 06:26 AM   #21

Quote:
Twyla! *squeeeee* You found me!

You know you are my hero, right? I look at your pictures and I think, "WHOA! Okay, Twyla is my age....If she can do this, I can do this!" *crosses fingers...and toes* LOL I will probably bombard you will a bazillion questions and pleas for advice!

And about the purple....I was never really a fan until about 10-years ago....Now it is my favorite go-to color! Throw a little zebra-print in with it and you have the perfect color palate! haha!

Does this look familiar?

Remember her?

So whatcha waitin' on, girl! Get at it!

Old 07-26-2012, 08:00 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by WATCH-ME-SHRINK View Post

Does this look familiar?

Remember her?

So whatcha waitin' on, girl! Get at it!

I vaguely remember that ....Boy those 365 days flew by in a hurry....and here I am at 50 and nothing has changed....*bangs head on desk*....If I had just made a plan and stuck to it, I would be at goal right now! How crazy is that??? But the past is the past....51 is approaching, so that is my new goal! I've Got This!!!
Old 07-26-2012, 10:22 AM   #23
Blabbermouth!!!

You can do it honey!

As frustrated as I am at the moment, I refuse to let myself give up. I keep thinking about a year from now and all the woulda,coulda, should'as involved. I keep thinking that I could possibly be smaller a year from now and look very different so I keep trudging along.

You got this babe!
Old 07-26-2012, 02:35 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
You can do it honey!

As frustrated as I am at the moment, I refuse to let myself give up. I keep thinking about a year from now and all the woulda,coulda, should'as involved. I keep thinking that I could possibly be smaller a year from now and look very different so I keep trudging along.

You got this babe!
Old 07-26-2012, 02:44 PM   #25

Heidi, it's never too late to reinvent yourself. I know 'you got this,' we all know it, and most importantly, YOU KNOW IT.

Decide what's most important to you today, tomorrow, the next day. Everything you do throughout the day is a choice. Remember that.

I am behind you all the way. I believe in you. Believe!

Old 07-26-2012, 04:38 PM   #26

Quote:
Heidi, it's never too late to reinvent yourself. I know 'you got this,' we all know it, and most importantly, YOU KNOW IT.

Decide what's most important to you today, tomorrow, the next day. Everything you do throughout the day is a choice. Remember that.

I am behind you all the way. I believe in you. Believe!

.. LOVE that!!! it is all about CHOICE... you wanna be healthy.. or.. not? .. I wanna be healthy... we can do this Ms. Heidi!!
Old 07-27-2012, 06:09 AM   #27
Big Yapper!!!!

Heidi - you can do this and you have us, so there you go.

Twyla, Dani and Monet have said it all.
Old 07-27-2012, 07:29 AM   #28

Quote:

I'm going to print this out and tape it to my desk....and to my refrigerator....and to my bathroom mirror....and to the dashboard of my car!!! I may make it the wallpaper on my iPhone!

And thank you for your support!
Old 07-27-2012, 07:31 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by monet0329 View Post
.. LOVE that!!! it is all about CHOICE... you wanna be healthy.. or.. not? .. I wanna be healthy... we can do this Ms. Heidi!!
Yes, healthy....and HOT!
Old 07-27-2012, 07:32 AM   #30

Quote:
Heidi - you can do this and you have us, so there you go.

Twyla, Dani and Monet have said it all.
Thank you!!! All of you!!!