Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Weight Loss Journals (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/weight-loss-journals/)
-   -   Scarlet's Letters (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/weight-loss-journals/778220-scarlets-letters.html)

ScarletBlonde 07-16-2012 07:36 PM

Scarlet's Letters
 
Hi there, remember me?

You might not since I've done such a good job in hiding myself.

I'm the chick that avoids social outings, the one that avoids taking pictures, the one who refuses to buy a full length mirror, the one that noticed that her "fat" pants were too tight and then decided to do something about it.

My name is Karen. I'm a 39 year old single mother of two teens. :stars: The oldest is a boy almost 19 and will be a sophomore in college and a girl who is 16 will be a senior in HS this year. I'm also on the parent prom committee so I'm guessing there will be venting and lots of it in the future. I live in the beautiful island of Puerto Rico in the North Central area, but commute to the San Juan Metro area every day.


I'm low carbing, right now a mix between Atkins and South beach ( the recipes) but no promises that I'm staying with that.

ScarletBlonde 07-16-2012 07:49 PM

My goal is to post everyday at some point. Accountability = good results

I started LC today so, of course I'm feeling good. I'm no stranger to it and I can kick myself for derailing. I'm also PMSing so I get the cravings for something sweet. On plan, but maybe not exactly induction friendly. I might do a strict induction at a later date, but for now this is ok for me.

Menu was:
B-coffee, 2 hb eggs
s-cream cheese muffin
L- salmon,lettuce, cherry tomatoes, shredded cheese and dressing
s-string cheese
d- chicken thighs and veggies on the grill (I brought the food, my neighbor cooked them :D )

Water goal was met.

Vitamins, taken.

That's it for now. :)

ScarletBlonde 07-17-2012 07:01 PM

Been trying to post and my laptop keeps freezing. Trying again.

Today was basically a good day.

Menu:
B-coffee and eggs
L-BBQ chicken thigh and veggies (leftover from last night)
S- Zhena gyspy vanilla chai tea and string cheese
D-flank steak and tomatoes

water goal met
Vitamins taken
Exercise: walked at the track

ScarletBlonde 07-17-2012 07:05 PM

The only thing that ruined the day a bit is that I got TOM 3 days early along with cramps. :(

DesertGurl 07-18-2012 10:36 AM

Hi Karen, dropping in to mark my spot! We can do this! :up:

ScarletBlonde 07-18-2012 01:04 PM

:hiya: Dani!

welcome to my randomness. :laugh:

ScarletBlonde 07-18-2012 01:13 PM

Bossman has been in and out of the office all day. The Chief (bosslady) is out. So I'm sneaking in here as much as I can.

I forgot to pack some snacks, but I have a shake in the fridge that might do.

Today's menu:

B-2 cream cheese muffins and coffee
L- left over flank steak and garden salad w/ dressing and sunflower seeds.

and that's it so far.

heidi21062 07-18-2012 01:26 PM

Hey baaaaby! I love the name of your journal!

Thanks again for getting all of the GGs together again! I have missed the encouragement and support sooooo much! That's probably why I'm at my all-time highest weight right now...but that is a rant for my journal! :mad:

We can kick some serious butt together!

monet0329 07-18-2012 01:27 PM

Here you are !!!..

Looks like your doing great!..

wow.. the kiddos,,, College.. and Senior.. my boys.. one was in college.. not any more and my youngest is just intering High school :).. Alina.. she graduated Highschool the year after my oldes boy.. she moved in with us and is still there..:stars:.. both her and Korbey will be 22 this year.. I told them , they have till 25 and they are out...:hyst::hyst::hyst:

all is well on the home front.. Bought a new house in November.. gonna settel in to grow old :D

well, thats about it.. you know the rest.. played stupid all these years and I'm still working on this weight issue..:confused::laugh:

keep up the awesome work.. :):hugs:

janetsbreeze 07-18-2012 01:28 PM

Looks like you are doing great so far!

heidi21062 07-18-2012 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monet0329 (Post 15811047)
Here you are !!!..

Looks like your doing great!..

wow.. the kiddos,,, College.. and Senior.. my boys.. one was in college.. not any more and my youngest is just intering High school :).. Alina.. she graduated Highschool the year after my oldes boy.. she moved in with us and is still there..:stars:.. both her and Korbey will be 22 this year.. I told them , they have till 25 and they are out...:hyst::hyst::hyst:

all is well on the home front.. Bought a new house in November.. gonna settel in to grow old :D

well, thats about it.. you know the rest.. played stupid all these years and I'm still working on this weight issue..:confused::laugh:

keep up the awesome work.. :):hugs:

Hi Monet!!!! :hiya:

monet0329 07-18-2012 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heidi21062 (Post 15811139)
Hi Monet!!!! :hiya:

well. Hello Heidi !!!

HOw are you?? are you ready for Sunday NIght?? :up: who do you want her to pick?? Ary? (sp?)

heidi21062 07-18-2012 04:26 PM

I'm ready for Sunday night! I like Arie....but Jef is such a sweetheart...:love:

monet0329 07-18-2012 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heidi21062 (Post 15811473)
I'm ready for Sunday night! I like Arie....but Jef is such a sweetheart...:love:

I agree.. but from day one.. I had a feeling she'd pic Arie..but I was HOPING for Sean.. :love:

ScarletBlonde 07-18-2012 07:00 PM

Dinner was Alice Springs chicken without mushrooms and I used the bacon grease to saute some cabbage. :yummy:

Having to come in here reminded me of the might dose of vitamins and water goal was met.

No exercise today. Going for 3x a week. Which is more than what I was doing.

Watching SYTYCD with Mario a then catching up with Drop Dead Diva on Netflix. I'll be at it for a while, I'm only on season 1.

monet0329 07-19-2012 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScarletBlonde (Post 15811824)
Dinner was Alice Springs chicken without mushrooms and I used the bacon grease to saute some cabbage. :yummy:

Having to come in here reminded me of the might dose of vitamins and water goal was met.

No exercise today. Going for 3x a week. Which is more than what I was doing.

Watching SYTYCD with Mario a then catching up with Drop Dead Diva on Netflix. I'll be at it for a while, I'm only on season 1.

YUM is right.. :love:..love that stuff.. :)

yeah.. I wanna start watching that as well.. :)

ScarletBlonde 07-19-2012 06:15 AM

Good Morning!

I started this journey on Monday. On that day I weighed 171.4. :cry: Today I weighed 168.8. That's -2.6lbs in about 3 days. Not too shabby.

Breakfast was coffee and a chocolate protein shake.


I didn't have time to make anything and I always try to have those shakes around for unexpected times where I forget to bring something, am low on cash or if electricity goes out at work.

BBL!

monet0329 07-19-2012 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScarletBlonde (Post 15812538)
Good Morning!

I started this journey on Monday. On that day I weighed 171.4. :cry: Today I weighed 168.8. That's -2.6lbs in about 3 days. Not too shabby.

Breakfast was coffee and a chocolate protein shake.


I didn't have time to make anything and I always try to have those shakes around for unexpected times where I forget to bring something, am low on cash or if electricity goes out at work.

BBL!

:clap::clap::clap:

ScarletBlonde 07-19-2012 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heidi21062 (Post 15811046)
Hey baaaaby! I love the name of your journal!

Thanks again for getting all of the GGs together again! I have missed the encouragement and support sooooo much! That's probably why I'm at my all-time highest weight right now...but that is a rant for my journal! :mad:

We can kick some serious butt together!

Thanks. :heart:


I think we needed this and I'm so glad we're in this together. :hugs:

ScarletBlonde 07-19-2012 07:00 AM

geeze all the freaking typos :eek:

that's when I type on my laptop in the dark. :laugh:

Seriously my spelling and grammar are better than what it seems like. :o

DesertGurl 07-19-2012 10:07 AM

You are doing great Karen!! :up:

I watched first season of Drop Dead Diva and no more....soo behind! Thank goodness for Netflix. LOVE SYTYCD! :clap:

I finally tried some Atkin's shakes for the first time ever, and I luurrrve them! ♥ Nice for a change sometimes!

Keep it up chicky, you're rockin it! :cool:

ScarletBlonde 07-19-2012 06:55 PM

I'm so tired. It's been raining so I didn't go to the track. I'm going to count my weeks as starting on Thursday since its weigh in day. My plan is to exercise on the weekend and then 2 weekdays. Gonna shoot for 4x this week.

Lunch was leftover cabbage & Alice springs chicken

Dinner was flank steak w/ lettuce, grape tomatoes, cheddar cheese, bacon bits and blue cheese dressing.


Snacks - Gouda cheese,almonds and lime jello for dessert.



Going to rest, my uterus hates me tonight and is giving me pain.



Tata for now.

ScarletBlonde 07-20-2012 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by janetsbreeze (Post 15811051)
Looks like you are doing great so far!

Thank you.

Somehow I missed your post before. :doh:

monet0329 07-20-2012 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScarletBlonde (Post 15814517)
I'm so tired. It's been raining so I didn't go to the track. I'm going to count my weeks as starting on Thursday since its weigh in day. My plan is to exercise on the weekend and then 2 weekdays. Gonna shoot for 4x this week.

Lunch was leftover cabbage & Alice springs chicken

Dinner was flank steak w/ lettuce, grape tomatoes, cheddar cheese, bacon bits and blue cheese dressing.


Snacks - Gouda cheese,almonds and lime jello for dessert.



Going to rest, my uterus hates me tonight and is giving me pain.
Tata for now.

:console:

send some of that rain over here please :D

ScarletBlonde 07-20-2012 06:46 AM

Yay, it's Friday! :sing:


Today will be a really long day for me. Just thinking about it just might make me cry.

Mario is dancing at a show at a Patron Festival which is about an hour away from work (which is a good 2 hours from home). :stars: It's in the East, I live west of San Juan. But it's good exposure for him and I haven't seen this routine either. There's a kid that imitates Luis Fonsi (famous Puertorican singer) and Mario is one of his dancers. I'm excited for him.

The only problem with this is they are schedule to go on stage at 9:00pm and you know that's never punctual. Then I have to take Mario to a hotel (we're carpooling)where his dad is taking a vacay and then go home. So we're looking at me getting home around midnight, if that. :p

ScarletBlonde 07-20-2012 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monet0329 (Post 15815234)
:console:

send some of that rain over here please :D


It's raining again today. :annoyed:

ScarletBlonde 07-20-2012 06:52 AM

Menu for today:

B- eggs w/ cheese and coffee
L- steak and salad (from last night)

Snacks - cheese, almonds, a shake if needed

Since I'll be at a Patron Festival I imagine I can get a kabob or Italian sausage and roasted peanuts. :yummy:

I'll try to check in, but if not, I'll update what I ate tomorrow. :D

monet0329 07-20-2012 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScarletBlonde (Post 15815286)
It's raining again today. :annoyed:

oh man..we SOOO need it :/

monet0329 07-20-2012 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScarletBlonde (Post 15815299)
Menu for today:

B- eggs w/ cheese and coffee
L- steak and salad (from last night)

Snacks - cheese, almonds, a shake if needed

Since I'll be at a Patron Festival I imagine I can get a kabob or Italian sausage and roasted peanuts. :yummy:

I'll try to check in, but if not, I'll update what I ate tomorrow. :D

Have fun :)

heidi21062 07-20-2012 08:05 AM

Good morning, babycakes! :D


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:10 AM.