Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Weight Loss Journals (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/weight-loss-journals/)
-   -   I have to eat this way for life (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/weight-loss-journals/777638-i-have-eat-way-life.html)

dsalazar4 07-09-2012 03:35 PM

I have to eat this way for life

I started on 6/25/2012 and I have lost 7.2 pounds. I need to get into my head that I need to eat this way for life. My BG has been good if I could just get the morning #'s down. I will talk to Doc in September. Daughter is getting married 8/18 and hope to lose 10 more pounds at least. I started at 246.8.
7/9 239.6

Todays menu so far is 2 C tea with splenda and heavy cream, 2 boiled eggs, and 3 sl bacon.
Lunch Chicken breast(grilled) and cucumber slices dipped in ranch, diet rootbeer. Maybe have a SF jello later.
Not sure for dinner.

;) I can do this

cfine 07-09-2012 03:53 PM

Yes you CAN do this!!

dsalazar4 07-09-2012 05:12 PM

Thanks Cfine

I decided to journal on-line. I do it on paper but I think maybe it will be neater this way.

dsalazar4 07-09-2012 05:19 PM

I am diabetic and take Metformin 1000mg twice a day. Glipizide 5mg twice a day, Buproprion 75 mg once a day, Lovostatin 40 mg once a day, and Lisinopril 20mg once a day. BS this morning 143. Lowest it has been yet.

dsalazar4 07-10-2012 12:24 PM

I am down another pound. Only 2 more before I reach my goal for July. Last night for dinner I had a BBQ chicken breast and some green beans. Before going to bed my sugar was 118 and this morning when I got up it was 159. Again not where I want it but better than before. This morning for breakfast I had 2 bolied eggs and 3 slices of bacon. For lunch I will have chicken salad with cucumber slices and L/C Ranch. I need to start drinking water and just can't get it started. I also need to do some kind of exercise at least 3 times a week. I have only exercised twice since starting. I am not a morning person and that is when I would have to do it because by the time I get home from work at 9:00 PM the last thing I want to do is cook or exercise.

cfine 07-10-2012 02:27 PM

I am not a doctor, nor do I play one on tv, but your FBS seems to be too high. At 140, it is doing damage to your organs. I hope that you don't mind my comment. I just think you might need insulin to help you get those numbers down a bit further.

Have you read Dr. Bernstein's books? He made me to NOT be afraid of insulin. It just helps your body along the way. It could potentially help to save your pancreas in the long run. I don't need the short acting insulin, but I take a long acting one at night and it has helped so much. My numbers stay below 110 all of the time now, mostly in the 90s. I am still hoping for totally normal numbers in the future as I lose this tire around my middle.

I hope I didn't over-step my boundaries. :)

dsalazar4 07-10-2012 05:33 PM

cfine

No you didn't over-step your boundaries. I agree that this is high in the morning. I don't get how at bed time it can be 118 and then 156 in the morning. My sugars before low carb were in the 200's though so it is better. No I have not read any of his books. I will have to check into it. I have an appointment in Sept. so I will ask then. My sugars have been high for so long that when mine hit 88 like today after I ate lunch I get that shaky, clammy, can't think straight feeling and I really dislike feeling that way. This is when I ususally go off low carb because I can't stand the feeling. I am determined to stick it out this time because I don't want any complications if I can help it.

dsalazar4 07-10-2012 05:39 PM

I had an episode after lunch today. 1 hour after eating lunch my BG was 88. I know this is normal but, it hasn't been normal for me in quite some time. I got the shakes, felt clammy and couldn't think straight. Within in hour it was up to 115 and I had not eaten anything else. I think my body is saying what the hell are you doing to me. It doesn't know how to act. Not sure what I will have for dinner. Maybe some sausage and eggs or a hamburger patty.

Ate 2 boiled eggs for a snack and a diet orange cream soda.

cfine 07-11-2012 08:08 AM

With your BS being so high all of the time your body can't handle "normal" BS levels. Dr. Berstein talks about the "Dawn Phenonenom" in his book. I have the same problem of going to bed with normal BS levels and waking up with them higher. That's why I started the Lantus at night. It is a phase 2 insulin. You might need to lower your dosage of metformin since your BS is dropping so low during the day.

Can you call your doctor? I wouldn't wait until September. You are going to have to have your medication tweeked sooner than that.

dsalazar4 07-11-2012 03:44 PM

BS 133 first thing this morning and 118 before I went to bed. went to Cracker Barrel last night for dinner. I had grilled chicken tenders, green beans and fried okra that I shouldn't have had and I had more than I should have had. Up 1.2 pounds I am sure because of the fried okra. I am just wating salad today. I had 2 boiled eggs this morning and some chef salad with Ranch. Sugar was 108 at 1430.

dsalazar4 07-11-2012 05:15 PM

At 1730 BS was 100

dsalazar4 07-12-2012 09:24 PM

239.4 this morning. Up a bit but lost one inch in the waist and 1/2 inch in left thigh. Now I have lopsided thighs. LOL! For breakfast I had a cup of tea with splenda and heavy cream. Busy morning. Lunch was 2 hamburger patties and salad with ranch. Snack cucumbers and a diet orange soda. I was craving chocolate so I had a carb smart fudgesicle. BS before bed was 120

BluJ 07-13-2012 03:01 AM

Keep it up.. BS will go down!

dsalazar4 07-13-2012 09:58 PM

Thanks bluj

I am 238.2. BS this morning was 126 and 120 before I went to bed last night. Improving!
I have been experimenting with recipes. For the first time, I had the flax muffin this morning for breakfast. It was nice having something different instead of eggs and bacon or sausage. I only ate half as it filled me up. I ate the other half at lunch with some chicken salad and cucumbers. Not very hungry. Got home form work and fixed me a cup of tea and had 2 slices of bacon. Cooked some sausage and eggs mixed with salsa and cheese. Going to try and make some chili to make chili dogs tomorrow.(Minus the bun of course). I am amazingly surprised at how well I have been doing. I feel so much better. I have to pee all the time though. I went 4 times at work today and normally I just go one time. I guess this is a good thing. Blood sugar before bed 113.

dsalazar4 07-14-2012 09:20 PM

238 today. Didn't take BS this morning. At 1630 it was 87. I had eggs and sausage with salsa for breakfast with tea heavy cream and splenda. I have eaten alot today. I was at Wal-Mart and felt jittery so I made the mistake of getting chicken nuggets a 10 piece and a diet Dr. Pepper. At least just the nuggets. Came home and barbequed some filet mignon, italian sausage and some chicken tenders that were marinated, also some hot dogs. I ate a hot dog and 4 of the sausage and I feel miserable. I will never do that again.

Star73 07-14-2012 09:32 PM

I'm the same way. I need to get it in my head that I have to do this too and quit bouncing around to other things. LC works! At least it does for me. Keep focused on 08/18 ;)

dsalazar4 07-15-2012 06:34 PM

Thanks Star73

Didn't weigh today. My sugar was the lowest it has been so far this morning at 115. I am going to have to stop eating at Cracker Barrel. They have really good grilled chicken and usually I just used to have green beans with it. I tried the fried okra and now I am hooked. I am sure I will see gain tomorrow. I was down to 238. May have to eat salad tomorrow.

dsalazar4 07-16-2012 04:09 PM

BS this morning was 119. I went to water areobics this morning. After I was done exercising my BS was 139. I had half a flax muffin for breakfast with cream cheese, lunch was chicken salad with a few black olives and pork skins, and a diet orange cream soda. Not sure what dinner will be. If I am up to it when I get home maybe I will make meatloaf. Oh was 239.6 depending on where I put the scale. The lowest number was 238.2 but decided to go with the highest since I ate the fried okra.

BluJ 07-17-2012 03:56 AM

Do you take insulin? Just wondering... That orange cream pop sounds yummy. Never heard of it. Who makes it and where do you get it?

dsalazar4 07-17-2012 03:56 PM

No I don't take insulin. The soda is very good. It has 2 carbs. I only have 1 a day but sometimes not every day. It's called diet Stewarts Orange N' Cream. I buy it at Cracker barrel. I am sure you can find it on-line.

dsalazar4 07-17-2012 04:08 PM

BS this morning was 159. I am sure due to the 2 hamburger patties I had when I got home from work @ 2100. I have been so hungry lately. I am back down to 238. I am going to try and get up early and go to water areobics in the morning. I love doing it but I dislike getting up early. I have always been a night owl. For breakfast I had sausage and eggs with salsa, 1/2 a flax muffin and 3 cups of tea with Splenda and 1/2 and 1/2.
Lunch was 2 hamburger patties with 2 dill pickles stackers and some lettuce. Dinner will probably be sausage and eggs if I am hungry. Doctor has cut me down from 4 glipzides a day to 1 a day so maybe that is why my BS was higher this morning, but I don't think so. Funny my doctor tells me to eat protein before I go to bed. Go figure.

BluJ 07-18-2012 03:44 AM

Thanx for the info!

dsalazar4 07-18-2012 04:21 PM

This mornings BS was 124. I am down to 237.4. I have 6 oz to lose to meet my goal for July. Went to water aerobics this morning. My legs are sore. Exercise twice this week. Yay! Go me! Breakfast was 2 cups of tea with splenda and 1/2 and 1/2 and sausage mixed with scrambled eggs and salsa. For lunch I had a chef salad with ranch and a diet snapple. I am craving something sweet. Not sure if I brought my sf jello or not. I don't really need it as I am not hungry. Don't know why but today I am having bathroom problems. Have been to the bathroom 4 times since eating lunch. Probably won't have dinner. Not hungry. We will see when I get home. If I am not to tired I will make a meatloaf and fry some pepper bacon.

cfine 07-18-2012 06:35 PM

I love fried okra also, but I would never eat it out. I make it at home all the time. I cut it up, dust it with flaxmeal, and fry it in olive oil. So yummy!

dsalazar4 07-19-2012 05:06 PM

Ok back up tp 238.6. Not sure why. It's ok though. I have lost 3 inches in my waist. I would really like to be at 236.8 by Monday. BS this morning was 114. It's weird it is running higher during the day now but not alot. I am sure because of the cut on glipizide. I am just taking one now when I get home instead of 2 in the morning and 2 in the evening. Going to go to Sunflower market after work and get some coconut oil and try it and they have cucumbers on sale 2 for $1.00. I could eat cucumbers all day. Today for breakfast had Flax muffin with butter and 2 cups of tea with 1/2 and 1/2 Splenda and for lunch I had chili cheese coney pie. Oh man is it good. For dinner going out to eat with a friend at fudruckers. Just going to have a hamburger patty with cheese, lettuce and pickle.

cfine 07-20-2012 04:50 AM

doing good. keep up the good work :)

dsalazar4 07-20-2012 04:27 PM

BS this morning 134. Weigh 237.8. 9 pounds lost and 3 inches off the waist. Monday starting my 4th week. This week did water areobics three days out of the week. I think I will try to continue with that although it is hard for me to get up by 0715 to be at the pool by 0900. I feel so good after though. Today i ate 3 slices of pepper bacon, 2 boiled eggs and what was left of yesterdays flax muffin. For lunch I had cucumbers and chili cheese coney pie. That is so yummy. Weekends are hard for me usually eat out on Sundays. I am always telling my daughter pick somewhere that is Atkins friendly. Sunday is her 23rd birhday. Maybe I can talk her into going to texas roadhouse. I can get a steak, salad and green beans.

Thanks cfine.

I bought an eggplant yesterday. I have never eaten or cooked one. Only 88 cents. I am not ususally a vegetable person. I have been eating chef salads though. One of my favorite places that I used to go get breakfast burritos has a chef salad that I love and there ranch is very good. The great thing is that it doesn't make my BS go crazy. I also bought some okra and I am going to fry them in flax and see how they taste. I also bought some flax chips. haven't tried them yet. I had a incident with cauliflower when I was younger and have never been able to eat it since. This weekend I am going to make the mock cauliflower potato salad and give it a shot. I am getting braver with age. LOL! I still can't stand bell peppers or tomatos though. I love to BBQ and Sunflower market had london broil on sale. It will be steak and potato salad. I hope I like the cauliflower if I can get past that old fear. My Dad made me eat a whole bowl of it when I was little. Sat at the table for 4 or 5 hours because I didn't like it. Finally he got mad at me and told me to go to bed.

dsalazar4 07-21-2012 04:29 PM

BS this morning 166. No more protein for me at bed. I was so hungry when I left work I stopped at Carls Jr and bought 2 low carb burgers minus the tomato, onion and catsup and ate them in bed. Ouch! Weight this morning was 237.6. The mock potato salad wasn't bad. London broil was ok. Kind of tough. Not sure that I would buy another. I never could cook the darn things. I will cut up whats left and put it in a salad. Breakfast I had 2 cups of cafe francais with splenda. I can give it up during the week but have a hard time on the weekend. I am definitely not having it tomorrow. Just my tea.

dsalazar4 07-21-2012 09:18 PM

Lunch- Steak and mock potato salad, diet orange cream.
Carb smart fudgesicle
sugar free vanilla pudding
diet pepsi 1 bbq chicken tender

dsalazar4 07-22-2012 09:58 PM

BS this am was 124. 236.6. I made goal for July plus 2 ounces. 10.2. I didn't go to Cracker Barrel for lunch because I knew I would get the fried Okra. Took Lynn out for her birthday. Ate at Texas Road House. I had Steak, salad and green beans twice today with ice tea and sweet and low. Also had my 1/2 of a diet snapple. If I keep losing my dress for the wedding may get to big.