Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2012, 06:18 AM   #1
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Stats: Lots! :0( - Goal-135 lbs! :0)
One life to live, One day at a time, One pound at a time!

Hello LCF's, I decided to start a new journal because my other journal was entitled "To Onederland and Beyond" and I made Onederland on May 19th of this year so I just thought I would have a new journal for a sort of new me. This will be the journal I post on so come and join me in my struggles and victories in losing these unwanted pounds.

Tom finally showed up and I am soooo happy because I have some nasty symptoms being peri-menupausal and all. I have had some wicked hunger the last few days and succumbed to some off eating but I am doing so much better today and ready to get my eating back on track.

I am so enjoying this summer better than summer's before because of shedding the 44 lbs. that I was carrying around. My confidence is through the roof and I am still enjoying my exercise routine and really miss it when I don't do it.

I read about a challenge that is going on in the Century Club and a gal started one about losing clothes sizes and I like that idea. It seems so many of us get caught up with the number on the scale and forget that we lose inches as well that leads us to wear smaller clothing. The challenge is to lose whatever size the person wants to be in by Christmas 2012. I like that idea and some have set themselves to lose 1-3 sizes by then. If I did the challenge I would like to wear a comfortable size 12 by Christmas and Rock a beautiful new outfit to go out with hubby in. I am thinking of making this a new goal for me instead of a particular number on the scale. I can't believe that Christmas is just 5 months away and it will be here before we know it.

I have an ultimate goal to shed 100 lbs by January 1, 2013 so I need to stay focused and work as hard as I can to accomplish this. I will still myself even IF(I said IF) I don't accomplish it but I will work really hard to do this. It will be a wonderful Christmas present to myself.

Well enough said, walking today for 2 miles on the treadmill because I am not doing outdoor walking until the temperatures cool here in MI.

Have a wonderul Monday LCF's and remember YOU are NOT a number on the scale but so much more!

Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2012, 07:10 AM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
FOUND YOU!! Great new journal Maggie!! you are on a mission!!
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 07:58 AM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
FOUND YOU!! Great new journal Maggie!! you are on a mission!!
So glad you found me Deb, I knew YOU would! I just wanted to start a new journal because of the title of my other one and also because it is a one day at a time and one pound at a time type of journey for me.

Looking forward to the other half of the year and accomplishing my ultimate goal. Thank you for being such a wonderful support to me.

MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 05:52 AM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

My Thoughts! :)

Happy Wednesday LCF's!

Well TOM finally showed up and am glad because the sooner he arrives the faster he will go, or will he. Had a good day yesterday at the gym I enjoyed an hour of Zumba and an hour of Water Aerobics and sat in the whirlpool as well as the Steam Room. I was sooo relaxed but had to do some shoppin for some new 2 lb. hand weights because for some reason I misplaced the other ones I bought for my Zumba Class. I am ready now for Thursday when I will go again to the class and am looking forward to that. I bought a new Tankini top for my bottoms that I bought so I have a few swimsuits to switch out with when I go to Water Aerobics(the cholyrine(sp?) is hard on the suits so you need a few). I am REALLY enjoying my gym time this summer and plan to change some things up here soon to add the Elliptical too. I have decided to not weigh publicly until the 1st. of August because for me(you see I said for me) I am working on not getting caught up in any comparisons to others because that is a slippery slope that sooo many of us get into. I am truly happy when someone reports that they released some weight and excited that they are excited but I need to concentrate on my journey and not get caught up in all these numbers. I am so far happy with myself in this journey to better health but I can always improve in alot of areas of my life. I am working on doing things in stages or phases and I like that. An example of my stages or phases would be like just exercising through the summer and not concentrating so much on losing weight but just enjoying the time and then hit another phase in September where weightloss I will really be concentrated on along with exercise. I know I will do a cleanse a few weeks prior to starting weightloss mode and I know I will start walking outdoors again instead of indoors to change that up. I have tried to be on some challenges here on LC Friends but I have decided to just challenge myself daily like eliminating dairy for awhile(it is going okay but today I am more determined). Like the title of my journal says I have only one life to live so I am taking it one day at a time and one pound at at a time and learning about myself as I go along. The big picture of an end goal scares me because I can get all caught up in it and accomplish nothing and I certainly do not want to do that so phases or stages is working best for me.

Well I yammered long enough I hope everyone has a good Wednesday and give yourself a big ole' and pass it one to someone else that needs it.

Happy Wednesday!

Toodles!

Last edited by MagieDen; 07-11-2012 at 06:19 AM..
Old 07-12-2012, 05:34 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

UGHHHH!!!

I WILL drag my behind to Zumba today and the pool for some laps even when I don't feel like it. TOM can go away anytime and I won't miss him. It is going to be in the higher 80's today here in MI and we are headed for some hotter days so I will be spending pretty much more time indoors than usual. It seems to be very quiet around the journals lately and alot of gals that used to post are not posting anymore, kind of makes me sad and miss them. I remember when I took off for a year and then came back and I have decided to just post when I can and keep plugging along. Starting my morning off with some H20 and coffee and then a little later I am having a shake with blueberries(5-6), protein powder, 2 tsp. of ground flaxseed & some cocounut milk for breakfast. I will have this again for lunch and haven't decided what to have for dinner but probably finish up some salad because the lettuce will get old and no one else in my family is a salad fan. I hope everyone will have a good day and be encouraged in the your woe and getting healthy. Oh and I am wearing my new swimsuit to the pool today so I feel good about that!

Have a beautiful Thursday!

Last edited by MagieDen; 07-12-2012 at 05:53 AM..
Old 07-12-2012, 02:21 PM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Well hello Ms Maggie!

It sounds like you have got everything under control (as if I had to worry ) and your summer sounds lovely so far. You definitely know what you want and I have zero doubt that you'll accomplish all you set out to do!

Glad you're enjoying your gym time and making use of Zumba and the pool

Weather here is rainy/overcast and I'm sure more lightning is coming tonight. I love lightning when I don't have to be outside . Still gonna be 108 tho so you know I'll be inside with the a/c

Hope you've had a great day so far!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 03:11 PM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thank you for stopping by missie. How was your trip? Ah, I will just over to your journal to read about it.

Have a good night!

Old 07-13-2012, 12:13 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Happy2be
Stats: 237/223.2/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 2, 2009
Hello. Checking in, will come back to read.
Happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 05:20 AM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Melanie, how are you are you enjoying your summer?
Old 07-13-2012, 07:26 AM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Princessdmw33
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: November, 2009
Just doing a drive by to say hello!!!!!
Princessdmw33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 11:30 AM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Dawn! Bye Dawn!

Old 07-15-2012, 04:46 AM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Feeling good, Tom is on his way out! I enjoyed going to the gym yesterday and doing the water aerobics even with just a few people there. I like it when the gym is quiet because I pretend that it is my own personal spa especially when there's hardly no one around in the wet area it makes swimming so much easier. I was able to walk on my treadmill this morning and got in 2 miles and I feel wonderrful. Peeked on the scale and it's sloooowly going down from being up from Tom and so excited about that. My goal for this month is go down by 10, so I need to get going with watching my food intake. When I get 10 lbs off I am buying myself some new workout shoes for Zumba. I decided on this because using the 2 lb. weights for now is good so that will work. I haven't felt well with TOM in the house so I wasn't getting in much exercise and I have to say that I missed it and am only glad that I am back. I hope everyone is having a good weekend and you are either enjoying it friends or family.

Have a nice Sunday!

Old 07-15-2012, 04:46 PM   #13

SO GLAD you are feeling better Maggie!!! Congrats on keeping up your exercise the way you do! Have a wonderful rest of the day and week ahead!
Old 07-16-2012, 08:37 AM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Happy2be
Stats: 237/223.2/150
Start Date: March 2, 2009
Glad to hear that things are going well with you. TOM is such a pain!!! I'm getting to the point where I miss exercise when I don't go too. A whole different feeling that I have never felt before!!!
Happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:12 AM   #15

Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/198/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Hi Maggie! TOM sucks! I've been having my share of problems with him too I was on antibiotics for 10 days so now I'm starting to wonder if I have a yeast infection or something? Keep up the exercising - I've been contemplating joining a local gym. I need to start lifting
Gracie514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:37 AM   #16
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I need to get more into lifting as well, it seems the only lifting I do these days is lifting my spoon or fork to my mouth. Just kidding, or am I? I use a weighted ball at home, some hand weights and in Zumba use 2 lb. hand weights and I use water aerobics for under water lifting but that's about it. I really can't get into a lifiting routine for some reason but certainly my cardio and try to use hand weights when I walk. I think whatever works is good and I am seeing definition in my arms in the form of muscle. Now if only the "bat wings" would go away we would be but I believe that ship has sailed along time ago so I have to accentuate the positive, if you know what I mean?

Have a great day Gracie!

Old 07-16-2012, 10:38 AM   #17

Maggie, you are doing fantastic !!! One step at a time and the weights can come later..... I am so happy you are doing all this for yourself! ..

I know you hard work is paying off.. you should be proud of yourself, we are!!
Old 07-16-2012, 12:08 PM   #18
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
Maggie, you are doing fantastic !!! One step at a time and the weights can come later..... I am so happy you are doing all this for yourself! ..

I know you hard work is paying off.. you should be proud of yourself, we are!!
Thank you sweet Deb! Yes one step at a time for me but I definitely NEED to step away from the Smoked Almonds right about now! Going to MIL's surprise 70th birthday party tonight and have thinking about what to eat. I usually eat a salad but they make them soooo BIG! I really don't want to take it home this time and have it for later so I am thinking about this one. FIL is paying for everyone to eat so I am being careful on the cost but the easiest thing would be a salad so I am thinking just a side salad or something. I have had coffee today a diet soda and almonds(actually snacking on the almonds throughout the day, not good idea) The dinner is 3 hours away and I am not really thinking about what I would like because nothing sounds really good anyway. Me likey me almonds! I think I am full on them therefore nothing sounds good for tonight. There WILL be cake but I am not participating in it even though it is her 70th and she will probably look at me with those eyes like "come on it's MY 70th. birthday, have some cake, or else!" But I will be like "Oh NO you didn't just go there?!!!!" So anyhoo what to eat for dinner what to eat? I think what I will do is either just not eat anything or order something that I can naw on a little IF I am hungry and take the rest back home to hubby to eat for another time, sounds like that maybe the plan.

Last edited by MagieDen; 07-16-2012 at 12:38 PM..
Old 07-16-2012, 01:29 PM   #19
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Symptoms from TOM exiting still lingering BLAHHHHHHHH!!!!
Old 07-17-2012, 06:35 AM   #20
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: 12yrslater
Stats: UGH
Start Date: Induction: 10/20/08
Found ya!

Missing ya...Hope all is well!!!!
12yrslater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 09:47 AM   #21
Blabbermouth!!!

Hope MIL's b-day went off without a hitch! I can picture you giving her a knuckle sandwich if she gives you a hard time!
Old 07-17-2012, 10:53 AM   #22
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12yrslater View Post
Found ya!

Missing ya...Hope all is well!!!!
Missing YOU too Pati! All IS well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Hope MIL's b-day went off without a hitch! I can picture you giving her a knuckle sandwich if she gives you a hard time!
Believe you me Danielle I had thoughts of giving her a knuckle sandwich. The party went out with a hitch and I even halfed a salad with DMIL and guess what? There was NO cake. FIL was supposed to get one but forgot and so did DSIL so no worries over a cake. I drank just some water and had a small salad so all went well, at least that time. If MIL is not on any kind of diet of sorts, nobody else should be. Funwas had by all,including me.
Old 07-17-2012, 10:54 AM   #23
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

2 miles on the treadmill this morning as well as an hour Zumba Class and an hour Water Aerobics class.

Feeling AWESOME, because I am!

Old 07-18-2012, 07:10 AM   #24
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Working on Today!

I have been working a little here and there on eliminating dairy. I know it is easier said then done but I really don't eat alot of cheese so that isn't a problem and I have recently started to use Cocunut Milk in my coffee when I drink it so that isn't a problem. I have still been having my butter but I really can give that up because the butter sprays and the like don't really bother me. I think my problem, actually I know my problem is not eating yogurt. I Greek Yogurt these days and it is soooo yummy but I know I go way over board on it so I need to just stop buying it and justifying why I buy it. I am annoyed with myself but I am working on this today because I NEED to. Got in 2 miles on the ole' treadmill this morning and feeling good that TOM is gone, finally. Going to a few get togethers this weekend which of course will include some good eats so I am mentally preparing myself for it. Weather yesterday here in MI was over 100 degrees and with the humidity it felt higher than in the 100's. I stayed indoors mostly except going to the gym, today in the 90's and I will be grilling outdoors instead on indoors today that is for sure. I am enjoying my summer and even wearing shorts this year, I usually just wear capris but got out of my comfort zone and have worn a pair of shorts and threw caution to the wind. My puppy Rosie is getting sooo big, she is 8 months old now and I got her when she was 2 months old. She is still a little spit fire, but I her sooo much.

Have a good Wednesday, LCF's!

Last edited by MagieDen; 07-18-2012 at 07:12 AM..
Old 07-18-2012, 08:45 AM   #25

Good luck with kicking dairy Maggie! YIKES.. not sure I could do it, but I don't eat that much right now either... I sooo look forward to cream in my coffee though.. Enjoy your day and STAY COOL! ugh!! It is 100 here also!..
Old 07-18-2012, 09:25 AM   #26
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm having to face the possibility of eliminating some foods to figure out if it's what's causing me to not lose. Having to eliminate cheese just might kill me.

Proud of you for being brave and putting shorts on this season. I haven't gotten up the nerve at all and just bought a bunch of new capris. Maybe next year!

Your weekend sounds like great fun. Enjoy!!
Old 07-19-2012, 04:40 AM   #27
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
I'm having to face the possibility of eliminating some foods to figure out if it's what's causing me to not lose. Having to eliminate cheese just might kill me.

Proud of you for being brave and putting shorts on this season. I haven't gotten up the nerve at all and just bought a bunch of new capris. Maybe next year!

Your weekend sounds like great fun. Enjoy!!
Danielle I really over indulge in yogurt tooo much and I can see where it really won't lead me down the path I want to go and need to go so I need to get a grip on it. It can be used as an occasional treat for me but it is a slippery slope so I need to really watch it. Today is a new day and thank God for it because it is always a new day to start new things or just keep things going. Yep, wore shorts out in oublic to the grocery store and when we were on vacation to Wisconsin, really stretched myself on that one. I can't keep hiding and not enjoying some things because I think everyone is looking at me, I am my worst critic.
Old 07-20-2012, 04:32 AM   #28
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Friday morning! Went to the gym yesterday and did Zumba for 1 hour. I am going out today to buy some Zumba sticks. I thought I would reward my self when I dropped 10 lbs. but the Zumba Instructor told me I should buy them now and enjoy them in my workouts and besides they are on sale right now for only $10.00 so that is good. I will buy new workout shoes when I reach my goal. I got in 30 minutes of non stop laps in the pool as well. This morning I got in 2 miles on my treadmill and will be cleaning my church today so that is a workout in itself. Gearing up and mentally preparing for another round of HCg which I am seriously considering loading on the 4th & 5th of August. I am anxious to get some more weight off and hopefully doing a longer round but I will do it as long as I can stand it mentally without the added fat calories. Have a full weekend this weekend with family and friend events so looking forward to that. I hope everyone has a good weekend.

Old 07-20-2012, 04:33 AM   #29
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ChristineCQ
Stats: 234/192/159 (5'7")
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 7/26/10 (re-start; original start 6/03)
Maggie, I hear you on the Greek yogurt. It's my downfall every time, so I avoid it like the plague. And good for you for wearing shorts!! Have a wonderful Friday!
ChristineCQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 05:37 AM   #30
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineCQ View Post
Maggie, I hear you on the Greek yogurt. It's my downfall every time, so I avoid it like the plague. And good for you for wearing shorts!! Have a wonderful Friday!
I hear ya on the yogurt thingy, will avoid like the plague also if I want to lose.