Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2012, 04:28 AM   #211
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186/179-mini goal
WOE: Atkins
Whoo-Hooo congrats to your hubby!!! And congrats to you for stabilizing so well...I agree, that maintenance is a lot harder than losing. I love your attitude! Hope you have a great day!
shari is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-20-2012, 06:11 AM   #212
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: 12yrslater
Stats: UGH
Start Date: Induction: 10/20/08
Mornin' Maggie!

Hope you have a wonderful Thursday love
12yrslater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 11:50 AM   #213

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Congrats to your hubby Maggie!! WOW.. he is doing awesome. So he didn't want to wait for you to do another round, I am impressed with him!!! You are the stabilizing queen!
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 07:12 AM   #214
Big Yapper!!!!

Have a fantastic Friday Maggie!
Old 09-21-2012, 09:07 AM   #215

Hey Maggie, hope you have a wonderful Friday and great weekend. I know hubby is counting down the days he can enter P3...or is he loving his weight loss too much?
Old 09-21-2012, 10:00 AM   #216
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Stats: Unhealthy/Healthier/Healthy
WOE: 90% Low Carb/10% Other depending on my day & mood!
Start Date: Monday
Hey ladies, Happy Friday to you! Hubby's last dosing is today and he is down 20 lbs. Whooo Hoooo! I was out this morning buying him some new pants because his pants are literally falling off of him. He started at 257.2 lbs(this includes load weight) and is down to 237.2 on the dot. I know he will probably realease more on his 2 days without Hhcg so we shall see. He is down at least 1 pant size maybe 2 he was wearing a size 44 but is now more of a 42 possible 40 size waist. His problem area isn't his waist it is his belly but it has gone down alot. I hate that I just bought him new size 44 pants and now he can get no use out of them. Oh, well it is a good problem to have. He is through the roof about how much he has lost. I think some of the medications he takes has hindered how much he has lost but he is happy with the results so far so that is good. Tomorrow is a big test for him because we have our Fall family picnic at church and there will be all kinds of goodies there. I am taking a veggie tray and fruit tray so he should be good to go. We have one person that brings this heavenly macaroni and cheese dish and he finds it hard to resist but he will tomorrow. I am helping him transitiion into P3 tomorrow by adding a tablespoon or 2 of good fat like olive oil to cook something in or maybe some HWC in some eggs. Shelby had a transition menu for P3 that she did and it has worked for her and I want to slowly introduce good fat back into his diet. He 's the Wasa crackers and doesn't want to give them up. Well I need to get going, church needs to be cleaned today and I am the gal that does it.

Happy Friday everyone, enjoy your weekend! I will update you all on Monday on hubby's final weight after all is said and done.

His BS this morning was 82 and 2 hours after eating 91. Looks good to me, thank you Hhcg!

Last edited by MagieDen; 09-21-2012 at 10:02 AM..
MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 10:26 AM   #217
Big Yapper!!!!

WTG To the Magster's Hubster's!
Old 09-22-2012, 12:49 PM   #218
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

A Moment For You! :0)

This is out of Woman's World Magazine:

You Can Make A Difference Today!

We tend to think only big moves matter, but it's easier than you think to transform a moment a day, a life--- because a single act of kindess can set off a chain reaction that sparks a miracle. You don't have to work hard to change the world. You just have to be yourself!

Getting ready to go to our church picnic, hubby ate so it will be veggies & fruit snacks for us both. Day one today for him with no Hhcg and he is a little fatigued.

I hope everyone is having a fantastic weekend and you are being kind to yourself because most of us are our worst critics(talking to myself here ).

Last edited by MagieDen; 09-22-2012 at 01:01 PM..
Old 09-23-2012, 07:25 AM   #219

So true. Hubby moves to P3 tomorrow, know he's excited!! Hope you have a great Sunday too.
Old 09-23-2012, 08:09 AM   #220
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Ditto what Shari said. I always think of that Little Boy and the Starfish on the beach story. Do you know it? Reminds me that we can't "save them all" but the ones that we do touch are changed forever!! So happy for dh (and you) and hope you had a great time at your Fall picnic. Our church needs more potlucks. I am away too often this Fall to coordinate it though .
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 03:43 AM   #221
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ChristineCQ
Stats: 234/192/159 (5'7")
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 7/26/10 (re-start; original start 6/03)
So glad to hear it!!!! Congrats to both you and DH!
ChristineCQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 06:47 AM   #222
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hubby's Hhcg Round!

Just a quick update about hubby's Hhcg round. He was in heaven having his eggs with some HWC and some butter this morning. He was a tad bummed he couldn't have his beloved Wasa crackers however so I need to get moving and make him some Opsie Rolls or some Flax seed crackers or something to replace those. His final weight today was 236.4 so his LDW was 237.2 so he lost a total of 20.8 and that is great! Spending the week introducing good fats back into his diet so we shall see how he fairs. He looked sooo handsome yesterday in his smaller pants, vest and dress shirt when we went to church and the compliments kept coming. His blood sugar this morning was 83 before eating. Whooo Hooo! Fall family picnic went off with a hitch and we ate before so we snacked on veggies and fruit and had some diet soda but we both were fine. P3 will be a challenge to say the least but he said he needs to see the 230's to stay motivated so he will have to work at it. He is ecstatic that he is only 12 lbs. higher than his father because his dad works out alot and is 72 years old and is great shape. He would like to reach his goal of 175 lbs. and believes now that it is doable. He needs to be 225 lbs. to sky dive again so he is going for it. I am sooo proud of him and excited that he is motivated and it helps to keep me on track and going. I am not saying we will be 100% perfect because no one really is, it is 1 step forward and sometimes 2 steps back but we both will keep working it until we reach our weightloss goals. I need some new fall clothes but I am not buying new I think I will be hitting a few consignment stores and last minute garage sales. I cringe at the thought of the beautiful tuxedo suit and new suit we purchased for him and praying that it can be taken in and used more. I was hoping hubby could get some use out of his tuxedo suit for our anniversary next year but it looks like he may not be able to unless it can be tailored. Oh well, it is a good problem to have. Well that's about it with me these days. Oh yeah, I have the dentist today for a cleaning, yuck! I hope you all have a wonderful Monday.

Toodles!

Old 09-24-2012, 07:31 AM   #223
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning Maggs!

Your hubby did well on hhcg huh?!?! WTG HIM!!! I'm sure your ever lasting support is what got him through it

Hope you are doing well and have a great day!!!!
Old 09-24-2012, 07:37 AM   #224

I can feel the pride in your posts and so very happy for your hubby and YOU!!! You can get those suits/ tuxedo's taken in. The best news is that he does not need that size any more and I am sure his health is better for it!

Congrats to you both on this journey you are on together!! How sweet!.. Have a great Monday Maggie.
Old 09-24-2012, 07:57 AM   #225

I agree with Pati and Deb...you are the reason your hubby decided to do hhcg. Congrats to him and you for the support. Hope you have a wonderful Monday too.
Old 09-24-2012, 01:23 PM   #226
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey friends, letting you all know I am done for awhile posting on my journal. I will visit your journals from time to time I am just getting tired of writing about me so please understand.

I am also taking a break from posting for about a week or so but will be back the first or second week of October.

Have a good Monday!

Last edited by MagieDen; 09-24-2012 at 01:26 PM..
Old 09-25-2012, 03:23 AM   #227

totally understand Maggie. Love the updates regarding your son..so glad he's in Europe now and on his way to his wife.
Old 09-25-2012, 04:00 AM   #228

Great news about your son Maggie.. my sons are far away, but not THAT far, and you have to be so thrilled!!.. Wonderful!!!
Old 09-25-2012, 06:01 AM   #229
Big Yapper!!!!

Totally understand Maggie!!

Just don't leave for good, ya hear?!?!? Cuz we will cry without your motivational posts!!!!

Luv ya
Old 10-01-2012, 10:37 AM   #230
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/current ?/125
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/14
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Hey Mags,

Just wanted to throw in my congrats to your HUBBY and YOU for being such a great example! Way to go!

Re: the tuxedo, of course it can be tailored! My DH's tuxedo needed a little "additional" work last year and the place where the grooms rented their tuxedos did the alterations for him. Depending on what they will charge you, it may be "cheaper" to get a new one.

Enjoy your time away from the journals, just don't forget to come back...
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:22 AM   #231
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey LCF'S!

Not going to be posting anymore at all on my journal or on LCF's. I am done with talking about my on going weightloss efforts and plan to continue my journey in private.

Thank you all soooo much for being a support to me and I hope each and everyone you continue your journey to better health.

I will miss ya lots but know this is the best decision for me.

to you all and much

Maggie
Old 10-04-2012, 08:46 AM   #232
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Aw Mags - we'll miss you! I totally understand and toy with doing this eventually myself. Time consuming and distracting from life sometimes, but I need the accountability and encouragment . All the best to you (and dh)!
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:36 AM   #233

Old 10-05-2012, 08:54 AM   #234

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagieDen View Post
Hey LCF'S!

Not going to be posting anymore at all on my journal or on LCF's. I am done with talking about my on going weightloss efforts and plan to continue my journey in private.

Thank you all soooo much for being a support to me and I hope each and everyone you continue your journey to better health.

I will miss ya lots but know this is the best decision for me.

to you all and much

Maggie
Selfishly, I will miss you and hate to see you go. Lovingly, I understand totally especially after reading the bolded part. Wishing you and hubby nothing but the best..take care.
Old 10-05-2012, 09:15 AM   #235
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Start Date: 8/22/14
Gonna miss ya Maggie! Selfishly I'm hoping you'll change your mind.
Best of luck to you honey, and take care!
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:42 AM   #236
Big Yapper!!!!

Aw Maggie! You will most definitely be missed....

Take care of you!

PATI
Old 01-06-2013, 03:32 AM   #237
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

3 Months - Too Long!

Happy New Year!

It certainly has been a bit since my last post, well actually 3 months and 2 days. I decided to come out of not posting about my weight loss efforts.I must admit the whole thing can get to me about posting the ups and downs of this journey. 3 months and 2 days away from journaling definitely has me UP on that scarey thing called the "scale." I have to remind myself that it is just a number but as for now I will not post my weight but the amount in increments I want to lose and my emotions and challenges of losing the weight. Hubby is still doing good we actually both are but we need to work harder than we have been we are not where we want to be in our weight and health. Thanksgiving through Christmas definitley were a a challenge for the both of us and like everyone else thought the New Year was the ticket for working on self improvement. It would be wonderful to not have to battle this in my life but it is what it is and I will continue to work at it one day at a time. No challenges for me anymore with others, there are enough challenges for me daily so I won't be doing any of those. Well good to be back to posting and good to read that others are plugging along and finding some victories along the way. Here's to a healthier, happier us in the New Year!

Have a great day!

Last edited by MagieDen; 01-06-2013 at 03:37 AM..
Old 01-06-2013, 08:00 AM   #238

Maggie!!! So nice to 'see' you again. Happy new year to you too. I totally agree, the challenge is keeping the weight lost off and it seems it will always be something to work on. Here to support you in your journey and I'm glad to hear hubby is doing well also.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:16 AM   #239
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Happy2be
Stats: 237/223.2/150
Start Date: March 2, 2009
Yay! So happy to see you back. I was just thinking about you the other day and wondered how you were doing. I can totally relate to everything you said.

Here's to a great journey in the new year.
Happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:36 PM   #240
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Soooooo good to be back and so good to see you ladies. Shari & Melanie we can do anythig we set our minds to. I hope this New Year finds you both in good spirits as well as health. I need to get my big butt in gear and get to some walking on my treadmill, it seems that the laundry dries quite well on it and the spiders spindling their cobwebs on it. One day at a time as well as one step at a time when it comes to the exercise department. It is amazing how exercise changes ones perspective on things, everything seems so much better for me when I do it and the crazy thing is when I stop and wonder why I stopped doing it in the first place. I am a puzzling person that is for sure.

Have a great night. I heard Biggest Loser starts tonight but I am not watching it, pretty predictable for me these days.