Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2012, 04:12 AM   #181
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Stats: Twoterville/1st. Goal - ONEderland!
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Everyday!
Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
Maggie-love your journal-it's so very "you"!! And for knee caps!! I remember when I could actually see improvement in my knees!! I was so happy!! I'm still working on my thighs, hips and knees, and hope this round gets me there!!

Christine-that's exactly how I feel!! I like to work my shoulders and triceps and then I'll flex and see the actual improvement!! So cool!!

And I love the fall leaves in your avi!! I miss that so much!!
Yes, my journal is me, sometimes not much to say and sometimes alot. I am happy about the improvement in my legs I abused them so much. I know this round will get you where you would like to be Julie. Good success to you.

BTW- Fall is my favorite season here in MI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Oh you girls....all this talk about kneecaps and "parts" of our arms...

About all I reeeeeaaallllly like right now are my feet

Julie, I was just thinkin the same thing about those leaves!!!!! I miss seeing those lovely leaves!!! Guess we're living in the wrong part of the state, huh?
Whoo Hoo another vote for feet. Isn't it weird how we lose weight where we really don't need it Danielle. My hands and feet lost weight, it is weird. I am sure there are other areas of your body you can appreciate much better also. Thanks for dropping by.

I Fall -

Sponsored Links
Old 09-12-2012, 04:33 AM   #182
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Happy Wednesday!

So today is 21 days on P3 and my weight as of today is 176.8 lbs. My LDW last month was 175.6 lbs, a bit up on the scale from this but I guess I would say I am stable. I am continueing to eat P3 foods and keeping my fingers crossed to keep the scale from moving too far out of whack but my first round I was 4 lbs. up from my LDW so we shall see. I am doing another round on Christmas Day so I will be maintainance for awhile and next month I need to get moving on the weightloss phase if I want to reach my 160 lb. goal. I think I will continue to challenge myself in things from time to time, it keeps me going. Well hubby was going to do a round with me on Christmas Day but decided to do one now and he started on the 3rd on VLCD and is now down 12.2 lbs. He is soooo ecstatic! His goal for this round was anywhere from 15-25 lbs and I think it could actually reach 25 lbs, but who knows. He is eating more like 700-800 calories and the first week was hard, no hunger just lightheadedness but all of that is fine now. He has also so far lost 2 inches off of his tummy and that is what he would like the protocol to help him with. He is a walking tummy. He has thin legs, butt and all belly. He is diabetic as well and his blood sugar has been great! He said if he does well with this round he still will join me in another round on Christmas Day so we shall see how he does. Have a nice day everyone! Happy Wednesday!
MagieDen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 07:09 AM   #183
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: 12yrslater
Stats: UGH
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Induction: 10/20/08
Good Morning Mags!!!

Have a great day!

P.S. Congrats on maintaining
12yrslater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 07:47 AM   #184
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Morning Maggie!! That's great about dh!! I'm so glad it's working well for him!! And to do a round together would be even better!! What a great season in your lives!! Healthy and active together!!

My dh talked (briefly) of doing a round w. me. He wants to drop 10lbs, also around his middle. He could do that in 2 weeks if he lost the carbs. But he isn't motivated enough, yet . As I lose he'll become more motivated. He gets a bit jealous when I lose and with added attention from men, he feels like he needs to keep up. He's done well, lost 85lbs a few years ago and has kept most of that off. He used to work out before he broke his collar bone 2 years ago and was looking really good. Now, some settling has occurred and he's feeling a bit soft around the middle . I love him and think he looks great, but it was nice w. all those muscles. I think once I'm done this round and back working out more intensely and consistently, he'll do the same. We'll get there.

Enjoy that Fall weather!! The only down side to Fall in cooler climates it what comes after it!! I never did winter well on the East Coast. I'm confident that I'd do a better job of staying active despite the cold if God ever moves us to colder climates. But, as I'm in the sunny weather here I'm making the most of it too!!
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 02:21 PM   #185
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ChristineCQ
Stats: 234/192/159 (5'7")
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 7/26/10 (re-start; original start 6/03)
You are doing GREAT! Congrats to both you and DH!
ChristineCQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 06:00 PM   #186
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186/179-mini goal
WOE: hcg 2.0
Congrats to your hubby!! Wonderful on maintaining and stabilizing so well.
shari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 05:17 AM   #187
Big Yapper!!!!

Hoping you have a blessed day, Ms. Magsters
Old 09-13-2012, 05:38 AM   #188
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Pati- I think maintenace is just as hard as working on getting the extra weight off. I maintained over 50 lbs. well, 20 years to be exact before losing it. You know it is hard to get that extra baby fat off especially after the second child. Right! You have a wonderful day as well Pati. How is work treating you? More importantly how is Pati treating herself today?

Julie- the Fall here in MI and actually have grown to like the Winter as well. I hate the Summer with the humidity and would to move to North Carolina.

I am excited about this season in both of our lives. We have a son who is gearing up to leave Afghanistan(2nd tour) soon and he hasn't seen us since we embarked on our weightloss journey and I know he will be pleasantly surprised. We don't have grandchildren yet and we are working on being healthier for ourselves as well as for the future grandchildren God brings into our lives. Your husband has done very well, 85 lbs. lost is truly awesome! Hubby said he wanted to try the Protocol because he has seen what it has done for me and said to me "well if it is a placebo like some think it is, I will do it anyway because I see what it has done for you!" He is a believer now, that is for sure. He is down 13.4 lbs as of today and has completed 10 VLCD's. He said he is feeling great and his pants are falling off and they are new so we will be putting those away. I told him today that the shirt he had on to wear to work today would be his last time wearing it because it is way too big, always a good sign.

I will enjoy the Fall for you Julie, I get all gaga about it. Taking some trips to a Cider Mill and maybe will take a trip to the Upper Pennisula to get a view of the pretty Fall leaf foliage. North Carolina is the best place to see the foliage, it looks at times as if the mountains are on fire.

Christine- Thanks Christine, it has been hard for me but well worth getting the pounds off. Getting in a walk with hubby today and the temps. are so much cooler and I like that. You keep up the great work yourself.

Shari- Stabilizing is hard, today it may seem great but there's always tomorrow. I said I would take this thing one day at a time because there's enough trouble in today so that is what I will continue to do. I do not know what tomorrow may bring but I do know what I am capable of doing for myself today. Today I am even with TOM in the house. Oh, that could be why I was white knuckling it the last few days and so badly wanting massive amounts of sugar, anykind didn't care. I am sooo spoiled being home and hubby is so attentive to me when TOM is around. Menupause is for the birds but I think I will live through it. Thanks for all the support you give and dropping by.

Last edited by MagieDen; 09-13-2012 at 05:39 AM..
Old 09-13-2012, 07:22 AM   #189
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/current ?/125
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/14
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Good Morning Maggie! You are doing such good work! I know it's work, too. Maintaining a loss is not easy and we have to be ever vigilant. Your DH sounds very motivated. I don't believe for one minute that it's a placebo, you've made amazing progress. Thanks for your support and friendship.
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 09:30 AM   #190
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Blonde, yes maintaining the weight is the tough part really it is. I am working really hard on getting out of the diet mentality and that is work! Right now I am just working on maintaining the weight I've lost and learning about myself and working on appreciating my body more by giving it the proper food it needs to work.

Have a good day!

Old 09-13-2012, 10:09 AM   #191

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
You are doing wonderful Maggie! Keep it up!!
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 04:25 AM   #192

Got busy and couldn't make it to your journal yesterday. I agree with Deb, you're doing great!! Sorry TOM is being a bear.
Old 09-14-2012, 05:15 AM   #193
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Happy Friday Everyone!

It is raining here today and it looks like Fall is on it's way! Whooo Hooo! The official start of Fall is the 22nd which is next weekend but it can't get here soon enough for me. TOM is in the house but no worries I will deal. My eldest will soon be back in the states after a 2nd tour in Afghanistan and I am excited about that!

Have a fantastic weekend everyone and stay true to yourself!
Old 09-14-2012, 05:21 AM   #194

I am SO HAPPY your son is coming home Maggie!!! HOW WONDERFUL!!!

You just keep on doing what you are doing, you are in the zone.. Have a wonderful FALL feeling day! It is like that here too.
Old 09-14-2012, 07:08 AM   #195
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Maggie I envy you! Rain would be so nice! Have a wonderful weekend!
Old 09-14-2012, 07:24 AM   #196
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Happy2be
Stats: 237/223.2/150
Start Date: March 2, 2009
Hello my dear friend. Stopping by to say hi!!! So wonderful that you and now hubby are doing so awesome!!!! 12.2 lbs is amazing!!!! Keep up the good work.
Happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 07:50 AM   #197

Oh that's great news about your son!! I love fall too and am so glad it's coming.
Old 09-14-2012, 10:08 AM   #198
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Woohoo on your son's return!! That must be such a relief. I hope he notices you and dh's losses!! It's so neat he's doing a "round" and it's even better he's being successful in it. New clothes already? Nice!!

And ITA about maintenance being as hard as losing (maybe harder). I am in a readjustment phase right now. I'm smaller than I've ever been (give or take a few, this round should adjust that ) and working on setting my mind on maintenance. I need to lock in my weight and over time adjust to working on staying, not losing. It's a big mental game to be sure!!

julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 11:00 AM   #199
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagieDen View Post
Happy Friday Everyone!

It is raining here today and it looks like Fall is on it's way! Whooo Hooo! The official start of Fall is the 22nd which is next weekend but it can't get here soon enough for me. TOM is in the house but no worries I will deal. My eldest will soon be back in the states after a 2nd tour in Afghanistan and I am excited about that!

Have a fantastic weekend everyone and stay true to yourself!
Rain!!!! Jealous! AF is lurking around here

What FANTASTIC news about your son!!!!! What a wonderful gift he has given to our country, tell him thank you from the bottom of my heart. You have got to be way way WAY proud of your boy, I know it!!!

Have a beautiful weekend honey!
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 08:11 AM   #200
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Rain!!!! Jealous! AF is lurking around here

What FANTASTIC news about your son!!!!! What a wonderful gift he has given to our country, tell him thank you from the bottom of my heart. You have got to be way way WAY proud of your boy, I know it!!!

Have a beautiful weekend honey!
I so agree Maggie! Have a great weekend!
Old 09-17-2012, 07:02 AM   #201

Good morning Maggie, I hope you're doing well. I pray for your son and others as I heard about the awful attack recently.
Old 09-17-2012, 07:03 AM   #202
Big Yapper!!!!

Maggggggggiiiieee!

Have a great day!
Old 09-18-2012, 09:43 AM   #203
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Nothing really new to report, haven't weighed in a week so not sure where I am. Finished some wonderful large shrimp and a few cucumbers for lunch, hey it sounds like P2 foods. I actually enjoy some of the foods on P2 to I have kept them in my diet at the moment. Hubby is down 15.6 lbs and he has 5 more dosing days and 2 non dosing days and his pants are literally falling off and his 2x's are now down to XL and he is ecstatic! Been listening and watching videos of Dr. Fuhrman and boy I am learning alot about our bodies and working on having a healthy body. Reading some journals today and just chillin'.

Have a good Tuesday everyone!

Old 09-18-2012, 10:12 AM   #204

Sounds like my kind of day Maggie!! Enjoy!!
Old 09-18-2012, 01:24 PM   #205
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dr. Joel Fuhrman is on Dr. Oz today, interesting since I watched most of his videos today as well as visit his web site. Natural foods to live by for sure, I hope I can learn something to help myself in my health journey. I like the idea of making your own salad dressings.
Old 09-18-2012, 02:01 PM   #206
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ChristineCQ
Stats: 234/192/159 (5'7")
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 7/26/10 (re-start; original start 6/03)
Wow, DH!!!! What great news! You two are amazing!

I love homemade salad dressing!
ChristineCQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:57 AM   #207
Big Yapper!!!!

Maggie!

Running through to wish you a wonderful Hump Day

ENJOY!!!!
Old 09-19-2012, 08:05 AM   #208
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Got on the scale this morning, 177.6 that's 2 lbs. up from my LDW. I am allowing myself a 5 lb. window and not freaking out about it. I have seen so many that have down multiple rounds be up in their weight over 5lbs. before working on a new round. I am in no way comparing myself to someone else because I know far to well that we are all different. I think for me a 5 lb. window will be good because I will not stress about it and it's quite doable for me. Giving myself a 5 lb. window doesn't mean I will allow myself to over indulge in everything I see but it will allow me to reel myself in and re-evaluate what I am eating. So it is what it is today and I will continue to work on maintenace until next month where I will work on low carbing more and exercise to get some inches and pounds off.

Have a fab. day LCF's!

Toodles
Old 09-19-2012, 08:55 AM   #209
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagieDen View Post
Got on the scale this morning, 177.6 that's 2 lbs. up from my LDW. I am allowing myself a 5 lb. window and not freaking out about it. I have seen so many that have down multiple rounds be up in their weight over 5lbs. before working on a new round. I am in no way comparing myself to someone else because I know far to well that we are all different. I think for me a 5 lb. window will be good because I will not stress about it and it's quite doable for me. Giving myself a 5 lb. window doesn't mean I will allow myself to over indulge in everything I see but it will allow me to reel myself in and re-evaluate what I am eating. So it is what it is today and I will continue to work on maintenace until next month where I will work on low carbing more and exercise to get some inches and pounds off.

Have a fab. day LCF's!

Toodles
Great plan, great attitude!!
Old 09-19-2012, 09:01 AM   #210
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Hello Ms Maggie! Droppin in to say hi real quick. Looks like you are doing everything right and got a handle on your plan. You are amazing!
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote