Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2012, 09:28 AM   #61
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Stats: Goal Wt-135 lbs!
WOE: Stillman's - 19 days - Not my lifetime woe!
Start Date: 7/28/14 - 8/17/14
Yes Deb, Strong, Healthy & Fit!

I wanted to say that I only gainned 1.8 lbs. with my load. I know it is not unusal for a person to not gain so much, some gain none at all. I have no idea as the why I gainned so little, my first round I gainned close to 4 lbs. I woke up this morning and weighed(after my elimination of couse , I know TMI!TMI!) and my body released 4 lbs. I guess I was really fattied up but I am just grateful for the release. Zumba class was AWESOME as uusal and I walked on the Treadmill at a 12 incline at 2.5 miles per hour speed for 15 minutes before class so it was a nice warm up. I don't know how my body will respond to the low calaories and Hhcg and the exercise but we shall see tomorrow. I am not at all concerned about the number on the scale as long as it is in a downward motion, all will be fine. I ate a sort of egg crepe today with my fruit. It was 1 whole egg and 3 egg whites cooked in a pan and I put my frozen strawberries in the microwave and a 1/2 packet of Stevia in it. The strawberries we defrosted and still slightly cold, I put them in the middle of the crepe and topped it off with some cinnamon and a little stevia. It was delish! Being that I am a Diabetic I have to make sure I eat something. I know the Simeone's way you don't eat breakfast but I do and I needed the protein before going to the gym. I did also have an EAS shake of 17 grams of protein after my workout so I wouldn't be light headed, I was fine so it was a success. I am also working with the hunger scale and at the moment am not hungry so we shall see how the rest of the day goes for me. I need to make a run to Aldi's because Gracie said there are some awesome chicken nuggets and I need to look into those. I am thinking maybe some shrimp for a little later but I ususally like my shrimp with cabbage but cabbage doesn't love me so much. What to do, what to do? Well that about sums up my day thus far.

Toodles!

Short term goal - 175 lbs. 12/25/14
One life to live, one day at a time, one pound at a time!

Last edited by MagieDen; 07-31-2012 at 09:33 AM..
MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-2012, 12:00 PM   #62
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: adelinesdream
Stats: 300/170/155
WOE: low carb;hcg
Start Date: August 8, 2008
Your dancing sounds like a blast. I need more vertical motion in my life. I sit way too much driving to work for 1.5 hrs to 2 hrs a day and sitting at my desk another 7.5 and then on the sofa at night, UCHHHHHHH. Great job Magie! I regret the damage I've done to this body too, but I'll make the best out of what I have left. I was thinking of joining the gym across the street. It's a Y, but I don't know that DH will go for it.
adelinesdream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 01:38 PM   #63
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adelinesdream View Post
Your dancing sounds like a blast. I need more vertical motion in my life. I sit way too much driving to work for 1.5 hrs to 2 hrs a day and sitting at my desk another 7.5 and then on the sofa at night, UCHHHHHHH. Great job Magie! I regret the damage I've done to this body too, but I'll make the best out of what I have left. I was thinking of joining the gym across the street. It's a Y, but I don't know that DH will go for it.
Hey Lady!

So glad you dropped by. I see you have been inspired by reading the book Weightloss Apocolypse. I haven't read it but have been watching Robin's videos. I watched some of her videos before beginning my first round so it helped me. Adeline we have to go forward and love and forgive ourselves for the damage we have done to our bodies, the Lord would want us to. The gym sounds like a good plan or maybe just some exercises at home, do you do any? As you have read I my Zumba class, so much fun! Exercising puts me in such a better frame of mind and it really makes or breaks my day. I will continue to do exercise even if my eating is not always on plan. So excited about you getting your Hcg, here is to a successful round!

Last edited by MagieDen; 07-31-2012 at 01:39 PM..
Old 07-31-2012, 11:51 PM   #64
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Happy2be
Stats: 237/223.2/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 2, 2009
Good luck Lady!!!! I know with your determination and winning attitude you will do awesome!!!!
Happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 04:38 AM   #65
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy2be View Post
Good luck Lady!!!! I know with your determination and winning attitude you will do awesome!!!!
Thanks Melanie, going for a longer round I am crazy! Thank you for all the support and you are doing Awesome yourself.

Have a Happy Wednesday!

Last edited by MagieDen; 08-01-2012 at 05:25 AM..
Old 08-01-2012, 05:20 AM   #66
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
WE love you Maggie for being a little crazy........

I also got the light and fit chicken nugget thingees from Aldi's. They are almost $7 here, and just not much in there, but for PORTION control and easy meals, they are great!

Not sure if there is no sugar though, it looks like it is listed way down on the list of things that I don't like seeing in my food... Probably very very slight amount.

Keep up the great work Maggie! I also ate protein in the mornings, and your crepe sounds YUMMY!!!
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 05:29 AM   #67
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Deb, didn't get to Aldi's yesterday I was being lazy. Thanks for the heads up on it, I will just stick to my plain ole' chicken tenderloins for awhile. I didn't want to go yesterday but hubby wanted me to walk with him yesterday and we did a 3 miler. Needless to say I am staying clear from the scale for a few days because I know it will be up so why frustrate myself. Robin thinks we shouldn't weigh ourselves so much on P2 and I agree with her on that, it can drive one . Plugging along here on day 3 and taking it one day at a time. Hope you have a nice Wednesday.
Old 08-01-2012, 09:56 AM   #68
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Great job on the walk Sweets!! I'm glad when DH *drags* me out on some nights I truly don't feel like going. After the first mile I'm so glad he's stubborn enough to keep bugging until I finally give in!

Have a great 3rd day honey, you got this!
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 02:45 PM   #69
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Great job on the walk Sweets!! I'm glad when DH *drags* me out on some nights I truly don't feel like going. After the first mile I'm so glad he's stubborn enough to keep bugging until I finally give in!

Have a great 3rd day honey, you got this!
Danielle, the Avitar! your new goals, you soooo can reach ONEderland and I will be here to cheer you on every step of the way! You've got this! Chirstmas is just 5 months away, I can't believe it. I would have been okay with the walk but I did do Zumba earlier and a 15 minute walk on the treadmill and I just wasn't happy walking in the heat. I am soooo spoiled with my A/C. Have a nice night.
Old 08-02-2012, 03:55 AM   #70
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

5 months till Christmas!

I was just thinking that more than half of 2012 is gone. What have we accomplished in getting ourselves to the point of being healthier than we were the year before? What are some of the changes we have made in our health besides what the scale says? 5 more months until 2012 is over, will we be able to ring in a New Year with confidence that we have done ALL we can to be healthier and happier with ourselves and our accomplishments? I am talking to myself here and contemplating all that I need to accomplish before the year is up to make it the best year yet. Isn't that what alot of us start out to do, to make the year "the Y]year" that we get ourselves together? I have some things that I have been doing this year that I haven't stuck to in times past and that is exercise. I enjoy it and it's not a dread to me. Exercise at least 3x's a week is something I will keep doing for my health, heart and muscles(the ones underneath all the fat). I am a work in progress and each step I take I DECIDE to take towards better health. This summer is the first summer in a loooong time that I broke down and wore shorts in public. This summer is the first summer I wore a bathing suit in the whirlpool with my husband while on vacation. This summer is the first summer I could squeeze my body into a size 16 and some 14's and XL top instead of a 3X This summer is the fist time in a long time that the compliments about my appearance just didn't stop coming. This summer is the first summer that I didn't think just because it was summer I could stuff my face at get togethers and picnics and barbeques just because everybody else was. I feel good about what I have accomplished this summer and it's not over. I have a way to go before 2012 is gone and is but a memory, what will I do to go out with a bang? Every year it has been the same ole' thing "I need to lose weight, I need to lose weight!" We all need to lose the weight but we have to find a good enough reason to do it besides looking hot in an outfit. There is nothing wrong with that but our health is in jeaopardy in soooo many ways. I for one am Diabetic and I can't eat all the crap I was eating and thinking that I could get away with it. My body knows what I need, why don't I? I need to get out of my body's way and give it what it deserves, good healthy food really how simple is that? I've asked myself this question many, many times. I am my own worst critic and enemy it is time that I myself and stop the insanity of hurting myself with improper food for functioning. I am fearfully and wonderfully made so says God and I need to start acting like it. So, we can't get the rest of our summer back but do the best we can with the rest of it. We need to look forward to the Fall and Winter and keep our eyes on the prize whichever it is for us. Let's go out of 2012 with a bang and know that we did the best that we could for our bodies to make them healthier and strong and fit! So who's with me on moving forward and accomplishing the goals we set for ourselves to do?

Car pe Diem!

Old 08-02-2012, 10:58 AM   #71
Blabbermouth!!!

Absolutely wonderful all the things that you have done for yourself already this year, Maggie! So proud of you! Really hard to believe that ANOTHER year is already going to close soon.

What you wrote about just getting out of your body's way, is exactly what I have done. My body had been screaming at me for a really really long time, and while I haven't been "officially" dx'd with diabetes, my own research, symptoms, and what my body is telling me, shows me that I AM diabetic. It's up to me to give it what it needs to function right so that I can live happily and long. And honestly, as soon as I quit trying to beat myself up for every mistake, every off-choice, my mind started to clear and remind me that this is not a race, but a journey that I needed to enjoy and learn from. That is exactly what I'm doing. I've only got 38 lbs to reach my Dec. goal, and 5 months to do it. Sure, I could break my neck, frustrate myself along the way by trying to cram it all into the next 3 months. I refuse to. I want to enjoy the process and learn some things. So far, so good!

Keep up the great work lady, you have come such a long long way from the early days. I could not be proud of you and all you have accomplished this year!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
Old 08-02-2012, 11:39 AM   #72
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/226.6/125
WOE: Currently 5:2 w/ a 3rd all fruit & veg day
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Quote:

Absolutely wonderful all the things that you have done for yourself already this year, Maggie! So proud of you! Really hard to believe that ANOTHER year is already going to close soon.

What you wrote about just getting out of your body's way, is exactly what I have done. My body had been screaming at me for a really really long time, and while I haven't been "officially" dx'd with diabetes, my own research, symptoms, and what my body is telling me, shows me that I AM diabetic. It's up to me to give it what it needs to function right so that I can live happily and long. And honestly, as soon as I quit trying to beat myself up for every mistake, every off-choice, my mind started to clear and remind me that this is not a race, but a journey that I needed to enjoy and learn from. That is exactly what I'm doing. I've only got 38 lbs to reach my Dec. goal, and 5 months to do it. Sure, I could break my neck, frustrate myself along the way by trying to cram it all into the next 3 months. I refuse to. I want to enjoy the process and learn some things. So far, so good!

Keep up the great work lady, you have come such a long long way from the early days. I could not be proud of you and all you have accomplished this year!

Ditto, everything Danielle said! You are so inspiring!
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 03:31 PM   #73

Maggie you sure have a way with words!! GO GIRL!!!!

Adam is singing to you.......
Old 08-03-2012, 06:17 AM   #74
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Happy Friday!

Taking a break from the Internet to get much needed things accomplished. my friends but NEED a break from all things on the Internet. Pleeze understand.

Be back on the 20th of August where I will be my gabby self again.

No worries, will be back and stay on plan!

Toodles!

&

Last edited by MagieDen; 08-03-2012 at 06:21 AM..
Old 08-03-2012, 07:38 AM   #75

Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/198/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Great job Maggie!!! See you on the 20th
Gracie514 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 09:36 AM   #76
Blabbermouth!!!

Take care, Maggie! Miss you!♥
Old 08-03-2012, 11:45 AM   #77

Rock this round Maggie! Will miss you!
Old 08-03-2012, 12:28 PM   #78

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/188.8/179-mini goal
WOE: hcg 2.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagieDen View Post
Happy Friday!

Taking a break from the Internet to get much needed things accomplished. my friends but NEED a break from all things on the Internet. Pleeze understand.

Be back on the 20th of August where I will be my gabby self again.

No worries, will be back and stay on plan!

Toodles!

&
Just saw this...I soooo understand. See ya on the 20th.
shari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 12:30 PM   #79

Quote:
I was just thinking that more than half of 2012 is gone. What have we accomplished in getting ourselves to the point of being healthier than we were the year before? What are some of the changes we have made in our health besides what the scale says? 5 more months until 2012 is over, will we be able to ring in a New Year with confidence that we have done ALL we can to be healthier and happier with ourselves and our accomplishments? I am talking to myself here and contemplating all that I need to accomplish before the year is up to make it the best year yet. Isn't that what alot of us start out to do, to make the year "the Y]year" that we get ourselves together? I have some things that I have been doing this year that I haven't stuck to in times past and that is exercise. I enjoy it and it's not a dread to me. Exercise at least 3x's a week is something I will keep doing for my health, heart and muscles(the ones underneath all the fat). I am a work in progress and each step I take I DECIDE to take towards better health. This summer is the first summer in a loooong time that I broke down and wore shorts in public. This summer is the first summer I wore a bathing suit in the whirlpool with my husband while on vacation. This summer is the first summer I could squeeze my body into a size 16 and some 14's and XL top instead of a 3X This summer is the fist time in a long time that the compliments about my appearance just didn't stop coming. This summer is the first summer that I didn't think just because it was summer I could stuff my face at get togethers and picnics and barbeques just because everybody else was. I feel good about what I have accomplished this summer and it's not over. I have a way to go before 2012 is gone and is but a memory, what will I do to go out with a bang? Every year it has been the same ole' thing "I need to lose weight, I need to lose weight!" We all need to lose the weight but we have to find a good enough reason to do it besides looking hot in an outfit. There is nothing wrong with that but our health is in jeaopardy in soooo many ways. I for one am Diabetic and I can't eat all the crap I was eating and thinking that I could get away with it. My body knows what I need, why don't I? I need to get out of my body's way and give it what it deserves, good healthy food really how simple is that? I've asked myself this question many, many times. I am my own worst critic and enemy it is time that I myself and stop the insanity of hurting myself with improper food for functioning. I am fearfully and wonderfully made so says God and I need to start acting like it. So, we can't get the rest of our summer back but do the best we can with the rest of it. We need to look forward to the Fall and Winter and keep our eyes on the prize whichever it is for us. Let's go out of 2012 with a bang and know that we did the best that we could for our bodies to make them healthier and strong and fit! So who's with me on moving forward and accomplishing the goals we set for ourselves to do?

Car pe Diem!

Wow...inspiring and amazing post. Just like you!
Old 08-03-2012, 11:03 PM   #80
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Happy2be
Stats: 237/223.2/150
Start Date: March 2, 2009
I'm in with you!!!! We have accomplished so much in this half year!!!! Isn't it awesome to finally be doing what we have always wanted to do!!!
Keep up the good work and I will catch you on the 20th!!!
Happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 05:23 AM   #81
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: lorettahd
Stats: 218/176/145
WOE: HCG
Start Date: September 25, 2008 HCG 11/28/2009 P2R1 -17
Magie!
lorettahd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 07:45 AM   #82
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: 12yrslater
Stats: UGH
Start Date: Induction: 10/20/08
Hi Magsters! Missin' y'all so much!

Have a blessed day love
12yrslater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 03:21 PM   #83
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hello!

I'm back!

I know I said that I would be back on the 20th but you all should know me by now I to change my mind, oh well. Where do I start? Planned on a long round and it didn't happen. I stopped dosing today so my LDW is 175.6 lbs. I am happy with it and will continue the low calorie part of the protocol for 2 more days without the Hhcg. Had a great start but TOM really has kicked my behind. I wanted to start early before his arrival but the symptoms before during and somewhat after were crazy awful. Had a full blown period for 7 days and spotted for several days afterward and the hot flashes yuck! I decided to end my round earlier than I wanted before I crazy cheated and I really didn't want that. So my first round was longer and seemed so much better to me and I had started that at 219 lbs and ended at 187.8 lbs. I started this round up 4 pounds from the 187.8 making it 191.8 and added the 1.8 pounds gainned during the load which gave me a start weight of 193.6. I barely managed to release 18 lbs. which I am grateful for so I am now officially at 175.6 lbs. I said barely because it really has been a struggle for me not to cheat. Not so much because I was hungry but the cravings from TOM have been really hard. TOM has offically left the building since the 18th but mind you I started offically on the 7th and Aunt Flo visited from then till the 13th and kept up her appearance here and there till the 18th along with her annoying ways. Geesh! So my long anticipated round is cut short and I am okay with that in fact really okay with it. I plan on working on keeping within the 2 lb. weight limit if I can and then plan on just low carbing or doing whatever works till Christmas and for sure will do another short round after Christmas and before the New Year. I am looking forward to going a little slower now and am trully happy about where I have come from thus far. I stated the year off weighing 236.8 lbs and now I weigh 175.6 lbs. and I couldn't be happier. I am still exercising doing Zumba, Water Aerobics and Wallking and will continue with this and perhaps start increasing my exercising in the Fall. So that is my story and I am sticking to it. I wanted to say that I am sorry I go missing from time to time but I become such a hermit when TOM is in the house, blahhhh! All in all I am happy with the results my 14's are starting to hang on me and my XL tops look more like my old 3X's did when I first started. I am not quite ready to fit into 12's but that day WILL come! I orginally wanted to lose 35 lbs. this round but I did say I would like to see the 170's or 160's so I am in the 170's so all I need to do is stay in them. Well talked enough will be back to posting from time to time I hope everyone is doing well with getting healthy. Have a wonderful Sunday night.

Most of the time I feel like Garfield and just want to shoot the darnned scale!

Last edited by MagieDen; 08-19-2012 at 03:22 PM..
Old 08-20-2012, 04:29 AM   #84
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

175 lbs. today with no Hhcg. I know that number will disappear so not counting my chickens before they are hatched. No Hhcg today or tomorrow.

Have an awesome day everyone!

Last edited by MagieDen; 08-20-2012 at 04:33 AM..
Old 08-20-2012, 05:44 AM   #85

YOU ARE BACK!!! Look at you all small and all that!!..

Maggie you are doing awesome!!! Especially through all that TOM nonsense!

Congrats my friend on being 175!!! Even if it goes away later, you can get back to it, I DID!! I'm in P4 now, and back to my low before P3.

I love your plan. You got this thing well in hand Maggie!
Old 08-20-2012, 05:52 AM   #86
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Deb, thanks for stopping by you are such a wonderful support. Good to know that I could possibly see these lower numbers but I know I NEED to behave and not throw caution to the wind. You are doing GREAT lady so proud of you as well.

Need to get through these next few days and than on to some wonderful fat!

Oh BTW my blood sugars were great while on protocol, morning BS were always in the 80's and that is great for me.

Last edited by MagieDen; 08-20-2012 at 05:53 AM..
Old 08-20-2012, 06:06 AM   #87

Quote:
Hey Deb, thanks for stopping by you are such a wonderful support. Good to know that I could possibly see these lower numbers but I know I NEED to behave and not throw caution to the wind. You are doing GREAT lady so proud of you as well.

Need to get through these next few days and than on to some wonderful fat!

Oh BTW my blood sugars were great while on protocol, morning BS were always in the 80's and that is great for me.
Fantastic BS numbers Maggie! I am so happy for you!

I know you are dying for the fat of P3, I was exactly at that place! I just could not go any longer, salivating for a Ribeye, as I am sure you remember! Well whatever you are craving, I hope you enjoy it to the MAX! You deserve it.
Old 08-20-2012, 09:51 AM   #88
Blabbermouth!!!

Glad you're back!!!!

WOW Lookit you Miss Skinny!!!!! WTG!

Just a couple more days and you can dive head first into the *fat* I'm sure it will all taste wonderful!

Glad you're back to play with us for awhile...TOM is a major party pooper and needs to just go away. PMS-city over here for me and I am not a happy girl..
Old 08-20-2012, 09:56 AM   #89

WOW!!! To start where you did at the beginning of the year to now is nothing short of amazing!!! You did so well during these last two rounds and with hhcg you always look smaller than the number on the scale so I'm sure you already look like you're in the 160's. Congrats on leading a healthier lifestyle and through your posts, inspiring us all..you ROCK!!
Old 08-20-2012, 10:43 AM   #90
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Glad you're back!!!!

WOW Lookit you Miss Skinny!!!!! WTG!

Just a couple more days and you can dive head first into the *fat* I'm sure it will all taste wonderful!

Glad you're back to play with us for awhile...TOM is a major party pooper and needs to just go away. PMS-city over here for me and I am not a happy girl..
Hey Danielle, it is good to be back. I am myself once again and always am once TOM leaves. I hate to say it but it is rough for me during TOM and my symptoms would drive anyone batty. Poor hubby does the best he can with me during it and I am always apologizing to him but he is very understanding after all these years. Sorry Tom left me and found you. Hang in there lady.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
WOW!!! To start where you did at the beginning of the year to now is nothing short of amazing!!! You did so well during these last two rounds and with hhcg you always look smaller than the number on the scale so I'm sure you already look like you're in the 160's. Congrats on leading a healthier lifestyle and through your posts, inspiring us all..you ROCK!!
I know Shari, sometimes I can't believe it either. My youngest just turnned 20 in June and I have been pretty mad at myself for not losing it earlier but I was determined to get under that 200 mark and doing the Protocol was the only way I knew I would get there and fast. This round is fine but too many struggles but I am fine with it. Most people couldn't believe I weighed over 200 lbs. but they can see the difference. I have been wanting to wear my engagement ring and wedding band for the longest time, they are both 6 and 1/4 but don't know if I will be able to reach that. Hubby and I went looking for new Anniversary bands last weekend and I got sized at a 7 and it was only last year in December that my ring size was a 9 Hhcg certainly has left me with skinner fingers and I the band I picked out for our 25th but don't know if I will be able to wear my other rings on that day. I am certainly hoping to wear them for the first time in a loooooong time. I will be doing a round right after Christmas and before the New Year so maybe that round will help me get into a new dress and my wedding band and engagement ring, that would be awesome! I certainly have my work cut oout for me but I am determined to make it happen somehow! I know I will not look the same as I did when I married hubby 25 years ago I just want to be a new me on that day and the days to come. Thanks for the support.

Last edited by MagieDen; 08-20-2012 at 10:44 AM..