Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2013, 04:57 PM   #571
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Congrats on the 100 miles Maggie!!!! You just keep up the great work and P3 coming to an end is awesome. I hope your plan after that works for you, I will be watching!!..
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-23-2013, 03:30 AM   #572

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186/179-mini goal
WOE: hcg 2.0
Hey Maggie, you're doing great with maintaining which is what the goal is in P3. I think taking a 'pause' is good while your body gets use to it's new weight. I agree, it is a real challenge to not gain back what was lost, it seems to come back on sooo quickly. Congrats on the walking and staying fit.
shari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:12 AM   #573
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Stats: 200's/1st. Goal Wt: 199 lbs.
WOE: Low Carb My Way!
Start Date: Monday! :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
Congrats on the 100 miles Maggie!!!! You just keep up the great work and P3 coming to an end is awesome. I hope your plan after that works for you, I will be watching!!..
Why thank you Ms. Deb. Right now not doing much in the losing some poundage department just working on staying around my LDW number as much as I can. I am pushing the "pause" button right now and will just keep up my walking daily so that is the plan as of this moment. All will be well if only TOM would show up. Oh well, such is life I will go on. Have a wonderful Wednesday lady.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
Hey Maggie, you're doing great with maintaining which is what the goal is in P3. I think taking a 'pause' is good while your body gets use to it's new weight. I agree, it is a real challenge to not gain back what was lost, it seems to come back on sooo quickly. Congrats on the walking and staying fit.
Yes Shari it is a real challenge not to gain the weight back. Last summer/fall I was down on the scale in the 170's but I started allowing myself stuff that I knew would put the weight back on. It certainly came back on with a vengenance and then between Thanksgiving and Christmas I threw all caution to the wind and porked up. It really isn't funny so I pray I learned from the last time. The walking is what keeps me going and am doing it primarily for health and not so much weightloss and when I don't get in at least a mile a day I really miss it. Well need to work on some things in my dining room, spring cleanning lately so lots to do. You take care of yourself and have a wonderful Wednesday.

Last edited by MagieDen; 04-24-2013 at 07:25 AM..
MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 04:58 AM   #574
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

imagesCAQTCAHX.jpg

Car Pe Diem!
Old 04-25-2013, 05:13 AM   #575

Morning Maggie!!!.. Have a spectacular day!!!
Old 04-25-2013, 12:22 PM   #576
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
Morning Maggie!!!.. Have a spectacular day!!!
You too Deb!
Old 04-26-2013, 06:49 AM   #577
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Todays Thoughts!

Happy Friday!

Starting my day off with cleaning the church I attend, didn't walk this morning because I get a good workout cleaning. The weather today is holding up, so far no rain. Hubby's birthday tomorrow, he is turning the big 54. hubby. No big plans for his brithday although he wants to go to a resturant of his choice and maybe a movie if there is anything worth watching. Family all in a uproar over Mother's Day. My husband has never really encouraged our boys to do anything for me so I have always taken the day with a laid back attitude, if the boys do something I am alright and if they say just "Happy Mother's Day!" I am alright with that too. Hubby is the one who enjoys every holiday and I tend to take it all with a grain of salt. I do enjoy them but I don't get all gaga over them(maybe because I grew up in such a large family where there were times we couldn't afford to celebrate such things and he grew up with just he and his sister and actually had way too much and expects it. ) I think a mother or a father should be celebrated all year through and not just on 1 day that gets established as one. I am sure all will work out. I may not live through these next 2 months because of all the celebrations. 2 nephews birthdays, 1 FIL brithday. 1 hubby brithday, Mother's Day, DIL birthday and Memorial Day! Definitely a dieter's nightmare. I think I have my boys convinced to take me to a movie of my choice and the 2 of them are going 1/2 on a fairy Pandora charm that I have been wanting. My sons live on their own and are still young and really can't afford spending alot of money on me and they know I WILL insist that they don't. I am more of a minimalist and enjoy experiences more than things so it works for me. Well ranted and raved enough, have a wonderful weekend everyone and enjoy your time with family and friends.

Dee Dee!

27199_1397740378939_1095123933_31230656_2809152_n.jpg

This pircture doesn't do him justice, much healthier and skinnier now!

Last edited by MagieDen; 04-26-2013 at 06:58 AM..
Old 04-26-2013, 07:18 AM   #578

Maggies Hubby!!!..

Have a wonderful day and weekend!!!
Old 04-28-2013, 09:03 AM   #579
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

It's that time again, TOM time oh why oh why does he show up uninvited? No walking yesterday or today, maybe I will feel better to do it tomorrow.

Last edited by MagieDen; 04-28-2013 at 09:04 AM..
Old 04-28-2013, 05:27 PM   #580
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sldeal
Stats: 187/165/150
WOE: Atkins 72/Fast5
Start Date: December 27, 2012
Hi Maggie, just checking up on you. My oh my, you do have lots of celebrations coming up definitely a dieter's nightmare. I'm sure if you plan in advance you should do well, however, it's a battle we all have to fight for the rest of our "slim" years. Stay strong things always have a way of working out for the best .
sldeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 03:51 AM   #581

Hope Tom does not give you too much trouble this time!! Take it easy and have a great Monday!
Old 04-29-2013, 03:31 PM   #582
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
I hear you on the dieting challenges!! Why does socializing always involve food temptations? I can't seem to stick my weight w. social pressure either. Hope dh's bday was fun and you're having a good week!
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 03:28 AM   #583
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ChristineCQ
Stats: 234/192/159 (5'7")
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 7/26/10 (re-start; original start 6/03)
Hope you had a great bday dinner with DH!
ChristineCQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 10:16 AM   #584

Hey Maggie, just wanted to say hi!.. I know you are enjoying real life, so take care!..
Old 05-25-2013, 11:20 AM   #585

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186/179-mini goal
WOE: hcg 2.0
Hi Maggie, I hope you're doing well and your family as well. Miss you
shari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 08:07 AM   #586
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 254/223/152
WOE: lc
Start Date: 1/2014
u still here gf?
Missouri_Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 05:22 AM   #587
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Returned to my Journal :)

This is the best place to be for me I think. I haven't journaled anything for a long time and of course I put back on the pounds because of it. I can't really blame the weight gain on not journaling a little nibble here and a little nibble there lead up to the weight gain. I decided not to always post weight loss or gainned but do this sporadically in my journal if the mood arises. I love all the support here on LCF's but truly at times some of it gets overwhelming so I have returned to my journal to write thoughts and generally just chat about my day.

I like the idea of not following any particular plan but getting to really know myself and seeing what doesn't work. Let me see Maggie you know that some dairy causes you problems along with bread products with gluten in it ( real gasey with this ) too much high fat doesn't help so eating more lean protein helps. I so don't want to get into to much writing about what I eat or don't eat but I know I will on here from time to time so that is alright.

Had a good weekend, spent lots of time with the hubster of course we enjoyed dinner out with a few friends yesterday and really enjoyed the time with them. The hubby and I walked afterward and we had a good time just enjoying each other's company.

Well that was my weekend and I don't feel like writing anymore so I will leave it at this. Oh and I am happy that the scale is down this week 4 lbs. so my body is doing fine with the way I am eating.
Old 08-11-2014, 10:49 AM   #588
Big Yapper!!!!

So good to see you journaling again! So happy to have you back!
Old 08-11-2014, 12:37 PM   #589
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Why oh why?

Ahhhhh!! I can't believe this I went 11 whole months with no monthly and then last month on July 9th to be exact BOOM Tom decides to show up. I could not believe it especially since I was wearing white slacks and was getting ready to board a shuttle from our hotel we and the hubbster were staying at to watch my favorite band Journey! I went into the bathroom only to discover this and hubby was shocked as well. Monthly leave me alone but alas you are here again with slight symptoms of your not needed appearance. Tom, I guess this ole' body isn't ready to be done with you so you shall stay as long as you need to. It was a nice time today with DS #2 going out for breakfast and then watching the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. I always have a good time with my boys when we watch movies, breakfast was nice of coffee and eggbeaters. I put just a itty bitty bit of cream in my coffee to satisfy myself and I was satisfied with that. Lunch has been good eating clean , having some shrimp and cucumbers and some fresh strawberries I always feel lighter when I eat this way. It would be nice if I could always be mindful of what I am putting into my mouth and body, some days are better than others so taking this life one day at a time is all I can do. Today.....I can eat well and not think of tomorrow and what I can eat and should not eat. Today......I can love myself more and show that to myself by being present in my meals and savor each bite I take. Today......I can choose to move more throughout my day to bring about better health for myself. I like "todays" because we truly don't know if we will be here tomorrow so it is what I do "today" that will bring about better health for me. Having a ice cold root beer and listening to the rain outside my window makes today a good day.

Old 08-11-2014, 12:40 PM   #590
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
So good to see you journaling again! So happy to have you back!
Thanks Julie, it's good to be back.
Old 08-12-2014, 04:23 AM   #591
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

It's Raining, Lots!

Wow, lots of water everywhere this morning! Glad to know hubby decided not to travel to an appointment he had about an hour from home otherwise he would be one of the ones stuck out in the flood waters. Slept alright but Tom is kicking my behind. I feel sleepy this morning, not sure if it's because of Tom or because the weather is so clummy. Making some coffee so that should perk me up. Hubby is on the phone early this morning talking with his usual group of friends, he is so social. Well need to get my day going the hubster goes into work late so we spend some time together before he goes in. I need to get to painting a room or two that I have started so I better get some coffee in and get my day going. I hope everyone has a good Tuesday and be good to yourselves.

Old 08-13-2014, 05:36 AM   #592
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Wednesday Morning!

Kitty cat is sleeping on the dining room table and my puppy is sleeping on the couch. Ho hum such is the life of an animal, comfy and cozy and full of food. Doing well this morning and enjoyed a cup of good coffee and some good company with the hubster. I really don't know what to think about getting in so much water when trying to lose weight? I have such a hard time holding all the water I drink. My urine(TMI) is nice and clear and hubby says that I should really just drink when I am thirsty so not sure on the whole get in alot of water idea. I do know it is good to flush out toxins in your body along with that nasty sodium(I am like a sponge) so that is good. I think today I will drink when I am really thirsty and try to strive from anywhere between 32oz-64 oz's of course this won't include any coffee or tea I drink. Dental appointment went well, I get to keep my teeth for the moment(it's a good thing because I like to chew my food). Had my cup of coffee with limited cream and of course splenda and contemplating if I am hungry at the moment, nah not hungry yet but I think when I do eat I will have some eggs with no butter I could eat eggbeaters the southwestern kind but I will cross that bridge when I come to it. Yesterday was good on the walking front I got in 2 miles by just taking a lot of steps, tomorrow morning the hubby and I will take a walk in the morning and we usually do about a 1.5 - 2 mile walk so that will be good. I am working on not contemplating tomorrow's but just concentrating on today I always do better with that. Watched Extreme Weightloss Edition last night and was inspired by the story so I hope I can keep myself in the right frame of mind so I can become more healthy. Well that'sit for now journal so I shall sign off.

Old 08-13-2014, 09:28 AM   #593
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/229.8/125
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Hey Maggie! Glad you're back to your journal, the support here is fantastic. Don't really know what to say about the water thing. If I wait until I'm thirsty I would croak because I'm never thirsty. Always a good idea to have some water before a workout, two miles is a good workout. Walking is a my favorite sport!
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 08:20 AM   #594
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Not much to report but just that I am enjoying the way I am eating. I like the control I am seeing with eating LC and I am keeping my fat intake sometimes low and sometimes moderate. Tom is still here and I am surprised I haven't totally fallen off the deep end with eating off or should I am an all out binge of some sort. I am working on this so that is good. I do feel bloated today and wish Tom would get his bags packing. I got in 2 miles yesterday and was able to enjoy a walk with the man at a beautiful park. We enjoyed looking at some historical ships from Delaware that will be docked in the area for a week. One was named the Nina and the other Pinta. Had a good breakfast with some strawberries and eggbeaters and a couple of cups of coffee. I feel totally satisfied. I plan on doing a round of Hhcg on Christmas day so I am gearing up for this mentally as well as physically. Well nothing else new to report so signing off.

Last edited by MagieDen; 08-14-2014 at 08:21 AM..
Old 08-18-2014, 07:43 AM   #595
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

LF not for me long term!

So after 3 weeks of basicaly eating LF and lean protein my body released 15 lbs. I don't care if it is all water the 15 lbs. is gone from what my scale says. So anyway eating a LF way for the rest of my life is not my idea of fun. Yes, I did release some weight but in the long term I know I will go up and down with it so at this point I will be eating basically LC and if the mood arises I will lower my fat intake if I want to and eat sometimes lean protein. I will do a round of Hhcg on staring Christmas day just before the New Year and may just keep it like this every year to get the bloat off and be ready for a nice Anniversary meal with the hubster, who knows I will take this one day at a time. Doctors visit next week and I know she will be happy with my BS and and seeing that I am working on weight loss so that is good. Nuts, some dairy and bread products cause me problems so staying as clear of those items as I can. I do believe I will consume them on special occasions so that may work. Well that's about it journal be writing again soon.

Old 08-19-2014, 06:23 AM   #596
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

It's great to be alive today!!!! Thankful for the very air I breath, oh so thankful. I taking my journey one day at a time now because this is not a race. Steady and slow wins the race and I am in it to eventually win it! Looking forward to watching Extreme Weight Loss Edition tonight to get some motivation from Chris Powell, he's a real cutie and oh so knowledgeable. On the diet front I am okay just plugging along and eating more LC and taking it day by day. This morning a I had a big cup of coffee and a HB egg for breakfast and not really hungry so I will eat when I do get hungry. No real plans in the making today except I am working on my backyard gate, needs some repair and I need to do it. I am the handy person between the hubster and myself. I have some yard work that needs to get done so that is on my list of things to do. DDIL is 6.5 weeks along in her pregnancy and had a doctor's appt. next month so I am looking forward to hearing the doctor's report. I can not believe that my eldest baby is going to be a father, how did that happen? Well I know how it happened. I can't believe that I will be a grandma, soooo excited. I am buying baby diapers and wipes every month since she told us she is expecting. I need to go out this month and buy some so my dear sweet grand baby's bottom will always be nice and dry and fresh. Life is exciting and I will enjoy today as it comes. Well that's it for now journal, until next time.

Old 08-19-2014, 07:44 AM   #597
Big Yapper!!!!

Great!! Definitely a fan of the slow and steady camp! Just keep swimming...
Old 08-19-2014, 09:48 AM   #598
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

[[/FONT]
Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
Great!! Definitely a fan of the slow and steady camp! Just keep swimming...
Yes Julie I will just keep swimming and one day I will make it to shore if I keep on pushing through.
Old 08-20-2014, 11:46 AM   #599
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Grrrrrr Afternoon Cravings!

I hate the afternoons around 2:30 - 3:30 pm. I have got to find something to eat that I will feel satisfied with and not eat out of boredom. Decided to journal for a bit to see if it helps and also sipping on some SF Cocoa Diet Swiss Miss, hopefully it won't cause me to crave other sweets. I think that I will get on LCF's between this time and maybe it could help or take my doggie for a walk but the weather today is not looking good so nix that. The hubster and I need to go to the Mall so we will walk there so that will be nice. Well anyway I think for today I solved my bored problem and hopefully craving problem.
Old 08-21-2014, 07:27 AM   #600
Big Yapper!!!!

Good choice! I snack on turkey roll ups, Boars Head lunch meats save the day for me! He you got to the mall to walk! I remember those days when I lived back East. Mall walking is no joke.