Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2013, 12:42 PM   #542
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Stats: Goal Wt-135 lbs!
WOE: Stillman's - 21 days!
Start Date: 7/28/14 - 8/17/14
Quick Update!

Quick post for today. Happy Monday~ P3 started today and enjoying it. Weight this morning after wrapping up this round 182.2, that is another 1.4 drop on the scale. Walked 1.5 miles this morning and babysat today so need to get other things going for the evening. Hope the scale is kind to you.

Last edited by MagieDen; 04-01-2013 at 01:19 PM..
MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 05:28 PM   #543
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sldeal
Stats: 187/165/150
WOE: Atkins 72/Fast5
Start Date: December 27, 2012
Magie, I just love reading how you're making so much progress. Your dedication keeps me inspired
sldeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 06:26 AM   #544
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SkepticalMe
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagieDen View Post
Quick post for today. Happy Monday~ P3 started today and enjoying it. Weight this morning after wrapping up this round 182.2, that is another 1.4 drop on the scale. Walked 1.5 miles this morning and babysat today so need to get other things going for the evening. Hope the scale is kind to you.
WOO HOO!!! Great progress! You're such an inspiration! Have a great day!!
SkepticalMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 07:36 AM   #545
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Scootch over, I'm coming to P3 w. you!! Hope you're having a good first week and sticking that number! I have a feeling you'll stabilize under LDW for some reason. Hope it's so!!
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 04:34 AM   #546
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sldeal View Post
Magie, I just love reading how you're making so much progress. Your dedication keeps me inspired
You keep me inspired with all the walking you have been doing. I am getting in about 3.5 miles of walking since Monday and I am enjoying it, I would like to get back to the gym at least 2 days a week for some swimming and that would make my exercise complete. Have a good weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkepticalMe View Post
WOO HOO!!! Great progress! You're such an inspiration! Have a great day!!
Same to you, P3 is going alright you know the drill up, down, up down on the scale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
Scootch over, I'm coming to P3 w. you!! Hope you're having a good first week and sticking that number! I have a feeling you'll stabilize under LDW for some reason. Hope it's so!!
Really miss butter when on P2 so P3 is great! I have stayed below my LDW for awhile but it looks as though I am staying right near my LDW number. I am waiting for the axe to fall here because I am going out to dinner with DS and making good choices while dining out is a must on this plan. I will be happy if I keep this ole' body in the 180's and not the 190's and up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Good Friday morning LCF's. I have been in kid zone all week watching the neighbors children, I can't wait for Spring Break for them to be over. Still working on P3 and the scale is holding steady. I am walking alot more now that the mornings here so far are decent. Hubby and I have been getting out for a morning walk of 1.5 miles at 5:30 A.M. I like how quiet it is before everyone starts stirring for their day. In the evening I am walking 2 miles on the treadmill the last 2 days I added 2 (5 minute)walk /jogs(this is the only pushing of my body I do, don't want to hurt myself and not be able to at least walk for exercise). So that's about it folks just living life and working on the weight issue. I hope everyone has a nice weekend with family and friends.

One life to live, one day at a time, one pound at a time!

Last edited by MagieDen; 04-05-2013 at 04:36 AM..
Old 04-05-2013, 05:36 AM   #547
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
That is awesome Maggie!! So happy for you. Now stick to your guns and do a clean P3, so you can sail on in the 80's !!

I am seriously thinking of doing a round now, because since the 2 pound loss the other day, I am at another stand still. so tired of this!!!!.

Have a great Friday and weekend my dear!!
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 11:31 AM   #548
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
That is awesome Maggie!! So happy for you. Now stick to your guns and do a clean P3, so you can sail on in the 80's !!

I am seriously thinking of doing a round now, because since the 2 pound loss the other day, I am at another stand still. so tired of this!!!!.

Have a great Friday and weekend my dear!!
I need to work hard on the P3, I don't want to but I need to. I am so afraid I will still be talking about losing these unwanted pounds forever and I need to dig deep and decide that enough is enough. Is it enough? I try to take this walk one day at a time and I get so eager to get this weight off I really don't want to screw myself up. So tired now after walking this morning and cleaning my church for 4 hours, thinking about getting on the treadmill tonight makes me grumpy. I may not do it or maybe get out to the park tonight with DH and Rosie and take myself for a walk along with the 2 of them. Hey lady of you do a round just do it for the 21 days, the longer rounds can be a killer as you well know. I am thinking in the future as soon as P3 is done doing something like Stillman's for 2 weeks and then add 1 day where I have some carbs/fat in the form of veggies for 1 meal and then go back to Stillman's and see how that goes. I am not sure about this but it is somwehat like hHcg with the lowfat so who knows. Summer will be here before we know it and I hate to sweat so me needs to do something. Thank you for being a support Deb, have a nice weekend.

Last edited by MagieDen; 04-05-2013 at 12:21 PM..
Old 04-06-2013, 04:23 AM   #549
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Didn't want to walk on the treadmill last night after 4 hrs. of cleaning but I did. I got in 2.5 miles on the treadmill and this morning another 1.5 mile walk this morning with hubby. We are both excited about walking the MacKinaw Bridge this September and the Falls so we are off to a good start I think. Getting out to the movies today to see that crazy movie with Steve Carrell and Jim Carey I hope it is good. Well have a nice day everyone.
Old 04-06-2013, 06:13 AM   #550
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SkepticalMe
Quote:
Didn't want to walk on the treadmill last night after 4 hrs. of cleaning but I did. I got in 2.5 miles on the treadmill and this morning another 1.5 mile walk this morning with hubby. We are both excited about walking the MacKinaw Bridge this September and the Falls so we are off to a good start I think. Getting out to the movies today to see that crazy movie with Steve Carrell and Jim Carey I hope it is good. Well have a nice day everyone.
Wow. That's awesome that you walked even after all of that hard work cleaning the church! Have fun at the movies. I won't go to the movies until I am in maintenance, since I simply cannot go, knowing that I can't have popcorn! Waaa!!
SkepticalMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 07:19 AM   #551
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkepticalMe View Post
Wow. That's awesome that you walked even after all of that hard work cleaning the church! Have fun at the movies. I won't go to the movies until I am in maintenance, since I simply cannot go, knowing that I can't have popcorn! Waaa!!
Both hubby and I have been taking nuts when we go to the movies and buy ourselves a diet pop to share. I am not introducing nuts back in at the moment so I am taking a cheese stick and celery. I don't think I can get into too much trouble with those items. I ate popcorn however on P2 the 100 calories pack and had 50 calories in place of my grissini if I wanted it but not on P3. Yes, I did walk in the evening, I had my energy back so I thought "what the heck" why not but my ankle was kind of bothering me this morning on our morning walk so taking it easy for the rest of the day.

Last edited by MagieDen; 04-06-2013 at 07:20 AM..
Old 04-07-2013, 05:16 AM   #552

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186.6/169-mini goal
WOE: very low carb
GM Maggie, you're doing wonderfully in P3! I saw on tv the other day that studies continue to report that walking has the same health benefits as running and that walking is better because it's not hard on the joints. It's so nice that you and hubby are getting healthier together. Hope you're having a great weekend.
shari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:05 AM   #553

What a great plan Maggie! I hope you can stabilize well on P3, I am behind you now, so I will be watching....

Of course we are all different, so our paths are our own, but it is fun to see how others do!

Hope you are feeling better today, have a wonderful Sunday!!
Old 04-08-2013, 06:27 AM   #554
Senior LCF Member

Magie, I just check your stats and you're so close to your goal... the weight loss might be a bit slower but you're getting there! So far you're doing an excellent job and before you know it you'll be walking that bridge! Stay encourage
Old 04-09-2013, 05:04 AM   #555
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
GM Maggie, you're doing wonderfully in P3! I saw on tv the other day that studies continue to report that walking has the same health benefits as running and that walking is better because it's not hard on the joints. It's so nice that you and hubby are getting healthier together. Hope you're having a great weekend.
I do agree Shari that walking has the same health benefits as running and that it is alot better on your joints in the long run. I decided to cut down on my walking until I get closer to my goal weight. I have been walking with the hubby every day except Sunday in the mornings and getting in 1.5 miles. It is nice to get up early enough to walk and talk with him and share a cup of Joe before he heads off for work and it is building our relationship up so much more. I am walking for the health benefits because I know that exercise while it has it's place doesn't always necessarily lead to weightloss. I hope you have a great week Shari, thanks for stopping by.

Quote:
What a great plan Maggie! I hope you can stabilize well on P3, I am behind you now, so I will be watching....

Of course we are all different, so our paths are our own, but it is fun to see how others do!

Hope you are feeling better today, have a wonderful Sunday!!
Deb I always make plans and somehow they always change. I still have been having hot flashes during the day and night and still no TOM. Will I survive all this? I think I hate the bloaty feeling I get the most because it just comes on randomly. Anyway, getting through each day. You hang in there yourself lady, YOU CAN DO IT!

Quote:
Magie, I just check your stats and you're so close to your goal... the weight loss might be a bit slower but you're getting there! So far you're doing an excellent job and before you know it you'll be walking that bridge! Stay encourage
It would be wonderful if I work hard enough to reach goal by the end of this year. If I could but lose something each month for the rest of the year I would be a happy camper. I am getting so excited about walking the bridge Labor Day weekend and need to book hubby and I a hotel for a few days. Hubby is so funny in the Upper Pennisulla there is a Monestery(sp?) where these Monks dwell and they have a bakery and oh boy they make some wonderful goodies. He thinks that he will deserve to have a Creamcheese Carrot Cupcake they make because he would have worked so hard for it after walking the bridge and the falls. Well needless to say he is a Diabetic and I told him that maybe we could half the cupcake because to me they are humongous. Nope, not a chance he says. Oh well he may change his mind after he walks about that cupcake, I am only hoping so. Thank you for your support.
Old 04-09-2013, 05:19 AM   #556

Your trip will be wonderful! So excited for you and hubby. You think half a cupcake will be ok huh? .. well that would be enough for me.. I have heard of those humongeous things..

Hope your days are going well, and keep up the walking! I have kept it up, but now I want to get outside. It is warm here the last few days! POOL soon...
Old 04-09-2013, 05:24 AM   #557
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Your trip will be wonderful! So excited for you and hubby. You think half a cupcake will be ok huh? .. well that would be enough for me.. I have heard of those humongeous things..

Hope your days are going well, and keep up the walking! I have kept it up, but now I want to get outside. It is warm here the last few days! POOL soon...
It's no fair Deb, you have PARADISE in your backyard while I am forced to go to my local gym and smell sweaty bodies(one being mine of course ) just for a swim. The cupcakes are humongous, how do you think I know? We each had one a few years ago, you would have thought we would have known better. Oh alas that is the past and onward I go.
Old 04-12-2013, 07:23 AM   #558

Thanks Maggie! I do have paradise in my backyard!!!.. I can't wait till it turns warm enough to swim in the privacy of my own place, and with the green all around me!

I will think of you and all the lovely smells YOU will be encountering!..

Hope you have a great weekend !!!
Old 04-12-2013, 07:32 AM   #559

Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/198/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Hi Maggie! Happy Weekend to you
Gracie514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 07:50 AM   #560
Big Yapper!!!!

Good morning Maggie! I hope your weather is warming up and you continue to enjoy those morning walks w/ dh! Your trip will be amazing! That cupcake sounds yummy! I wonder if having it before the walk would be better? Carb up then burn them off? Splitting is a good thing. My dh is gluten free now (ADHD, migraines) and is pretty committed to it. I am already planning to hit the 1 GF bakery on Maui when we go in May. That'll give him and dd(9) some yummy GF treats. There's a Krispy Kreme by the airport and Hawaiian shave ice all over the area, so I can't guarantee I won't have a few "treats" myself. I'm hoping to balance them out w. clean days and meals around them. But, until then, stabilize and maintain! We can do it!!
Old 04-12-2013, 02:35 PM   #561
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Thanks Maggie! I do have paradise in my backyard!!!.. I can't wait till it turns warm enough to swim in the privacy of my own place, and with the green all around me!

I will think of you and all the lovely smells YOU will be encountering!..

Hope you have a great weekend !!!
Sounds wonderful Deb. Weekend will be nice not doing much however but going to see that movie with Steve Carrell and Jim Carey about those Magicians. I was supposed to go with hubby last weekend but something came up so we will go tomorrow. I guess I can't complain about the gym, at least I can use the wet area and enjoy a swim or two. Have a nice weekend lady and stay the course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie514 View Post
Hi Maggie! Happy Weekend to you
Hey there Gracie, so good of you to drop in. You have a fantastic weekend yourself.

Quote:
Good morning Maggie! I hope your weather is warming up and you continue to enjoy those morning walks w/ dh! Your trip will be amazing! That cupcake sounds yummy! I wonder if having it before the walk would be better? Carb up then burn them off? Splitting is a good thing. My dh is gluten free now (ADHD, migraines) and is pretty committed to it. I am already planning to hit the 1 GF bakery on Maui when we go in May. That'll give him and dd(9) some yummy GF treats. There's a Krispy Kreme by the airport and Hawaiian shave ice all over the area, so I can't guarantee I won't have a few "treats" myself. I'm hoping to balance them out w. clean days and meals around them. But, until then, stabilize and maintain! We can do it!!
It would be great to have the cupcake before the walk however the Monks live further up from where we will be for our bridge walk so we have to go after. We could go see the Monks first and then come down and walk the Falls instead, the Falls and the Monks are in the same area so that might work. The weather is rainy here now although tomorrow and Sunday the hubby and I will get out for our morning walk which will be nice. I cleanned my church for 4 hours straight and that is a workout for me in itself with all the stairs. Yes Julie, we can do it. Have a nice weekend.

Last edited by MagieDen; 04-12-2013 at 02:36 PM..
Old 04-13-2013, 08:01 AM   #562
Big Yapper!!!!

Good for you! 4 hours? That's quite a workout!! And I'm sure a blessing to those in your church who will benefit from your efforts! Enjoy your weekend!!
Old 04-13-2013, 06:42 PM   #563
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
[SIZE="2"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]
It would be wonderful if I work hard enough to reach goal by the end of this year. If I could but lose something each month for the rest of the year I would be a happy camper. I am getting so excited about walking the bridge Labor Day weekend and need to book hubby and I a hotel for a few days. Hubby is so funny in the Upper Pennisulla there is a Monestery(sp?) where these Monks dwell and they have a bakery and oh boy they make some wonderful goodies. He thinks that he will deserve to have a Creamcheese Carrot Cupcake they make because he would have worked so hard for it after walking the bridge and the falls. Well needless to say he is a Diabetic and I told him that maybe we could half the cupcake because to me they are humongous. Nope, not a chance he says. Oh well he may change his mind after he walks about that cupcake, I am only hoping so. Thank you for your support.
Gosh, after walking that bridge I'm thinking the only thing you'll be thinking about is a large glass of ice cold water and perhaps some place where you can kick off your sneakers and rest your tired feet But yes I agree with your hubby, you both deserve your very own yummy cupcake once your goal has been completed!
Old 04-15-2013, 04:12 AM   #564
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Replies & Update

Quote:
Good for you! 4 hours? That's quite a workout!! And I'm sure a blessing to those in your church who will benefit from your efforts! Enjoy your weekend!!
Yes Julie it is quite a workout on Fridays. It is a workout because we have quite a bit of stairs and the bathrooms are on the lower and upper part of the church. I mop as well along with vacumming and it take a few hours to accomplish all of it. I do walk in the morning with the hubby so between that and cleaning the church my body does feel it. I do get paid for it so the little amount I make is nice for me. I hope you had a good weekend yourself.

Quote:
Gosh, after walking that bridge I'm thinking the only thing you'll be thinking about is a large glass of ice cold water and perhaps some place where you can kick off your sneakers and rest your tired feet But yes I agree with your hubby, you both deserve your very own yummy cupcake once your goal has been completed!
Yes a large glass of water would be great after the bridge. Alot of people just bring their water along but for me I am staying away from any liquid before that walk. It will take approximately 2 hours to walk it because of the thousands of people so we will com equipped for the walk. I think I will deal with the cupcake issue when we get to that point so it is out of my mind at the moment. We will also be hiking a trail in a state park where there are these beautiful water falls so we will have a very active weekend. Thamk you for stopping by.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's been a bit since last updating my progress on P3. I don't really get into the what I have been eating to maintain the number on the scale so bare with me. There are defintley food that I know can trigger the scale somewhat and they are some dairy products. Butter and some cream doesn't seem to effect me but I do know that other things do. I have not introduced nuts and starches and sugars back in of course but I already know what starches and sugars do to me so I am working on staying away from that. I keep walking and trying on daily doing it but this weekend I took a break from it because my left patella on my knee was bothering me but I was back at it today and got in another 1.5 miles. The scale for the most part has been bouncing around and it seems I usually stay about a 1.5 lb. up from my LDW I am okay with this as long as I don't get too out of control. Heading to church to work with the kiddos for Bible Release time so walking again later to get the kids so my walking for the day will be done. Hoping everyone had a good weekend with family and friends.

Car Pe Diem!

Last edited by MagieDen; 04-15-2013 at 05:09 AM..
Old 04-16-2013, 05:05 AM   #565
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Praying for those in the Boston Marathon today. "God of all comfort please guide and strengthen the doctors attending to those that have been injured in such a terrible tragedy. Be with friends and families of those that have be affected by such a horrendous act of violence. Comfort those who are grieved in there spirit over lost loved ones. Lord Jesus may you bring peace to those who have been touched by this tradegy and may you show us that you still reign and will make all things right when you return. May the peace that passes all understanding be the prayer of our people and may we find comfort in your care."
Old 04-16-2013, 07:35 AM   #566
Big Yapper!!!!

Yes, we've been praying for the people involved in this tragedy. It's so hard. May God heal, restore and protect all the victims.
Old 04-19-2013, 05:17 AM   #567
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

3 days left of P3

I have only 3 more days left of P3 and then I am allowed to add staches and sugars in my diet. I already know what these 2 things do to me so I will be of course eating low carb for awhile. I am contemplating doing like a plan of 6 days of Stillman's and then having one day a week where I add some carbs in the form of veggies. I of course am not sure of doing this but I do know I do not want to put the pounds back on that I have lost or released. Been reading alot about how fat cells just wait around to just fill up again and I can attest to that so I really need to watch myself. I am a work in progress and plan to keep going until I get to the place where I feel comfortable and know I am more healthy and right now I am not there , yet. I will pause for a bit but I will NEVER stop until I arrive. So I go on daily working at bettering myself and my health. The hubster and I got out for our morning walk and I loved "walking in the rain with the one I ." (an ole Neil Sedaka song ) Anyway we have been slowly walking and then fast walking in spurts using some hand free weights so we are getting a pretty good workout I think. Going to a High School play tonight "Hairspray" so it should be cute. Tomorrow I am going to a cousins birthday party, ladies only so I am sure the food will be light and the company good. So far I believe I am stable but I am not sure about all the stabilzation talk with hHcg. I am just so glad that some of the weight I have to lose is off and I need to work at keeping it off, that is where the real hard work for me is. Well rainning here in Michigan and cool just the way I like it, not looking forward to the humidity of summer but the thought of summer keeps me motivated to keep moving forward and not giving up on my weightloss journey. My new goal is reaching the 170's so I have something to aim for and also I would like to be down in that range by the Fourth of July. Well if anyone is reading this have a wonderful weekend.

Last edited by MagieDen; 04-19-2013 at 05:19 AM..
Old 04-20-2013, 09:50 AM   #568
Big Yapper!!!!

You too Maggie! Hope you have some nice weather finally! Enjoy maintenance!! You're doing great. I like that plan. Having a day when you can eat more freely makes it so much easier to stick to the LC days.

July 4 is my anniversary. 15 years this year! We're celebrating early, in May, in Hawaii. I see you have almost walked 100 miles this year!! That's so wonderful!!
Old 04-20-2013, 01:30 PM   #569
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
My new goal is reaching the 170's so I have something to aim for and also I would like to be down in that range by the Fourth of July. Well if anyone is reading this have a wonderful weekend.
At the rate you're going and based on your determination I'm sure you'll make your goal in time for the 4th of July celebrations!
Old 04-22-2013, 04:21 AM   #570
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

It's Monday! >:0)

Quote:
You too Maggie! Hope you have some nice weather finally! Enjoy maintenance!! You're doing great. I like that plan. Having a day when you can eat more freely makes it so much easier to stick to the LC days.

July 4 is my anniversary. 15 years this year! We're celebrating early, in May, in Hawaii. I see you have almost walked 100 miles this year!! That's so wonderful!!
The weather is iffy here at the moment some days rain some days not. I was able to get in a walk outside this morning with hubby so all is great so far in the weather department. I am so excited for you about your trip to Hawaii, I know you will enjoy each and every moment. I just got 100 miles this morning with my walking so I am happy about that. Thanks for dropping in.

Quote:
At the rate you're going and based on your determination I'm sure you'll make your goal in time for the 4th of July celebrations!
Thank you for believeing in me "I WILL" get into the 170's by the fourth of July and I will definitley be celebrating it. Have a wonderful Monday!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So today I reached 100 miles walking and I am a happy camper about that. The scale is up a bit from my last weigh in but it is not too bad from my last dosing weight which was 183.6 lbs. I am comfortable here at this weight for the time being and will just keep working some on maintaining. I am taking a "pause" and not stopping working on losing this extra weight. The 170's is my new goal and I am looking forward to feeling lighter in the summer. Well got to get my day going so have a wonderful Monday and good on your plan.

Last edited by MagieDen; 04-22-2013 at 04:50 AM..