Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2013, 10:52 AM   #421
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Stats: Goal Wt-135 lbs!
WOE: Stillman's - 21 days - Not my lifetime woe!
Start Date: 7/28/14 - 8/17/14
002.jpg

Okay this was in the Summer of last year I guess. You can't really see my body because hubby and I were in one of those small photo booths. Maybe it was small to me because of my booty not fitting in the booth. Anyway you can see that my face looks so much better as my weight was down in this picture I know it's still not a very good one of me but I am trying. I wear glasses now also so I do look different. I think I was weighing like 190 in that picture if I can remember. I need to learn how to add pictures all at once so I am fiddling around with the computer right about now. I am learning so we shall see.

One life to live, one day at a time, one pound at a time!

Last edited by MagieDen; 02-23-2013 at 10:53 AM..
MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-2013, 11:17 AM   #422
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ChristineCQ
Stats: 234/192/159 (5'7")
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 7/26/10 (re-start; original start 6/03)
You guys look adorable!
ChristineCQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 02:53 PM   #423
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Christine, just 2 oldies but goodies!
Old 02-24-2013, 09:43 AM   #424
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sldeal
Stats: 187/165/150
WOE: Atkins 72/Fast5
Start Date: December 27, 2012
Maggi such an adorable pic of you and hubby! I'm so happy to hear your son will back home to stay. I,m sure it's going to be a grand family gathering ans 'Scampi' will have lots of stories to share with you about his great adventures! Have fun with your family and don't worry about calories, relax and enjoy the moment!
sldeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 04:03 AM   #425
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

1 Week Hhcg Protocol

So I had my visit with the scale this morning and I am officially down 11 lbs. since being on the Hhcg Protocol. 3 lbs. is the food I ate before the low calorie part of the diet and on the low calorie days I have lost 8 in 7 days so that is good for me. I call it 11 released because I gainned the 3 lbs. and released it again so that is that. Walked this morning on my treadmill for one mile and used my free weights for upper body strength trainning. DS is home safe and excited to see what the future holds.

Well that's about it. Have a wonderful Monday everyone!
Old 02-25-2013, 04:59 AM   #426
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/188.8/179-mini goal
WOE: hcg 2.0
Wonderful news about your son!! So happy for you all!! What beautiful family pictures and such good looking family. I can certainly see a difference in you and hubby's weigh loss..you look so happy and in love, beautiful!

Congrats on the AMAZING release!! You're rocking it!
shari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:47 AM   #427
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
Wonderful news about your son!! So happy for you all!! What beautiful family pictures and such good looking family. I can certainly see a difference in you and hubby's weigh loss..you look so happy and in love, beautiful!

Congrats on the AMAZING release!! You're rocking it!
Thanks Shari, need to keep my head in the game and the pounds and inches lost will follow. I need to just be like the cat in my Avi. and remember the diet part of the protocol. The happy and in love part of marriage has it highs and it lows, right now we are in a high. I know that picture above doesn't really show much but I am going to hopefully get my son to help me get some newer pictures of me together. Oh well, maybe I will wait until this round is over, who knows. How are you Shari?

Last edited by MagieDen; 02-25-2013 at 05:48 AM..
Old 02-25-2013, 08:31 AM   #428
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagieDen View Post
So I had my visit with the scale this morning and I am officially down 11 lbs. since being on the Hhcg Protocol. 3 lbs. is the food I ate before the low calorie part of the diet and on the low calorie days I have lost 8 in 7 days so that is good for me. I call it 11 released because I gainned the 3 lbs. and released it again so that is that. Walked this morning on my treadmill for one mile and used my free weights for upper body strength trainning. DS is home safe and excited to see what the future holds.

This deserves a special dance! You have lots to celebrate. Your DS home and the lost of 11lbs! Keep it up.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:40 AM   #429
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sldeal View Post
This deserves a special dance! You have lots to celebrate. Your DS home and the lost of 11lbs! Keep it up.
Thanks, need to keep working at keeping it off! I need to be more successful at doing that. I so would to be in the Bahmas right about now, we are headed for another snow storm tomorrow. It is bad enough that DH slide down our street and did 2,500 worth of damage on his car. It is a good thing we have the coverage for it and his father owns a body shop. I am soooo waiting for Spring.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:38 AM   #430

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
FANTASTIC MAGGIE!!!

Wish I could mentally stick to the plan, but my head just is not in it right now.. I am thrilled for you though...

So sorry to hear about your hubby's car!. UGH.. hate snow, tired of snow, want it to go away!..
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 05:22 AM   #431
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Snow, snow & more snow!!!

Headed for another 6-8 inches of snow late this afternoon. I am beginning to think that DS and DDIL brought the Alaskan weather with them. They are visiting me today so needless to say the sun will be shinning when they come. Oh last night the moon was sooo beautiful. I guess in February the moon will have alot of red in it and looks huge, they call it a "Snow Moon" it was beautiful. I can not believe this but the weather was like spring weather yesterday do hubby and I were able to get out for a mile walk, it was really nice but it was definitely a tease in weather here. I got in 2.5 miles in of walking yesterday and that felt good. Well nothing else going on with me except getting some much needed house cleaning done.

Have a happy Tuesday everyone.

Last edited by MagieDen; 02-26-2013 at 05:24 AM..
Old 02-26-2013, 06:22 AM   #432
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/226.6/125
WOE: Currently 5:2 w/ a 3rd all fruit & veg day
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Congrats on the weight loss and the WALK outside. So good to be able to get out I'm sure.

I've never heard "Snow Moon" before, I love that. The full moon drives my DH bat-crazy, he doesn't sleep well and says his blood boils. I think it's too much licorice before bed.
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:39 AM   #433
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Blonde hubby called from a friends house last night and said "hey go outside and take a look at the moon!" It was huge and slightly red so when he got home we wondered about it and of course googled as to why it looked this way and it said that in February the moon looks this way and it is called a Snow Moon. It is definitely appropriate because we are getting at least 6-8 inches of snow today. I am so grateful I can just enjoy it and not drive in it like my DH has to. As you know I am a California gal but I have come to like 3 of the 4 seasons here. I like Fall, Spring and Winter but I can do without the humid Summer of Michigan. I am hoping DH will be on board with me for retiring to North Carolina, I want to be near Merytl Beach and visit there often.

Have a nice day!

Old 02-26-2013, 07:08 AM   #434
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/226.6/125
WOE: Currently 5:2 w/ a 3rd all fruit & veg day
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Oh Maggie, I love Dorothea Benton Frank, the author! She writes these lovely little books that take place in the Carolinas...makes me want to live there. You'd be a lucky girl indeed if you got to retire there!
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 02:21 PM   #435
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Snow moon! I bet it was pretty! Hang in there with all that snow!
Old 02-27-2013, 04:23 AM   #436
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Christine - The moon was gorgeous it really was. We got our 5 inches of snow with rain last night and the morning cummute for hubby will be a bear. It is a good thing that today is his late day so the roads will be better by the time he has to leave, he is snoozing on the couch still.

Got in another mile on the treadmill this morning and I did also a 5 minute Zumba routine yesterday. I was going to the gym last year about 2 days a week to do Zumba but my gym has turnned into co-ed and I hate to workout in front of guys. Hey I don't mind my hubby seeing my giggly parts but not some other guy, too embarrassing. I looked around on Youtube and there are some workouts so I just followed along in my dining room while my puppy was trying to jump all over me as I boogied on down. I am going to continue to do a rountine or 2 a day along with my walking to get myself going. Well had my morning cup of coffee so my day is off to a great start. Have a nice Wednesday everyone.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:14 AM   #437
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I hear you on the men in the gym!! That's why I'm glad my gym is mostly women. Youtube is a great resource for Zumba routines! I did some at home last year, too, and they were great! You can get a good workout in that way! Have a great day!
Old 02-27-2013, 09:29 AM   #438
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Christine - The moon was gorgeous it really was. We got our 5 inches of snow with rain last night and the morning cummute for hubby will be a bear. It is a good thing that today is his late day so the roads will be better by the time he has to leave, he is snoozing on the couch still.

Got in another mile on the treadmill this morning and I did also a 5 minute Zumba routine yesterday. I was going to the gym last year about 2 days a week to do Zumba but my gym has turnned into co-ed and I hate to workout in front of guys. Hey I don't mind my hubby seeing my giggly parts but not some other guy, too embarrassing. I looked around on Youtube and there are some workouts so I just followed along in my dining room while my puppy was trying to jump all over me as I boogied on down. I am going to continue to do a rountine or 2 a day along with my walking to get myself going. Well had my morning cup of coffee so my day is off to a great start. Have a nice Wednesday everyone.
Hey Maggie, when I was going to the gym it didn't bother me to workout in front of the guys I found most of them were so into their muscles they weren't checking for anyone. It was the ladies that intimidated me. I always wore an old t-shirt, floppy shorts & worn sneakers (nothing matched); the ladies on the other hand had everything matching and fitting and those who had a shape showed it! I always felt like a rag doll around them. Excellent you found a routine on youtube to push you on. Keep up the good work.

"Remember, your tape measure is a better friend than your scale, not only more accurate, but better able to report on the actual fat losses..." Dr. Atkins

Mini Goals
Size 12 - April 2013 - Goal met April 1, 2013
Size 10 - Nov 2013
Size 8 - April 2014 (this will take a miracle)

Last edited by sldeal; 02-27-2013 at 09:30 AM..
Old 02-28-2013, 04:17 AM   #439

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/188.8/179-mini goal
WOE: hcg 2.0
Morning Maggie! Yeah for moving/exercising I'd forgotten that I picked up a few Zumba moves using yt too...it was funny with my sons watching so yeah, I would feel awkward in front of other men too. LOL @ hubby watching jiggly parts..but not for long! Especially with hcg..that stuff melts you!!!
shari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:40 AM   #440
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineCQ View Post
I hear you on the men in the gym!! That's why I'm glad my gym is mostly women. Youtube is a great resource for Zumba routines! I did some at home last year, too, and they were great! You can get a good workout in that way! Have a great day!
I wished our gym would go back to women only days but it changed due to the economy and keeping money flowing into a particular gym, otherwise it would close. I don't know how they plan on stopping the men from going downstairs in the wet area when some women run around half naked though and I haven't gone to find out what they will do. DS who got back from the Army thinks he and I could go early in the morning to workout together on some cardio machines and then just leave. He said he has plans to whip both my husband and I into shape because he doesn't want us to be granparents that sit on the sidelines watching "his" children play while we just sit. I hear him and need to get my behind moving and keep moving. I do Zumba so I will keep doing it here at home and maybe it will motivate me to get into a class again somewhere else where there are just ladies. You have a great day!
Old 02-28-2013, 04:42 AM   #441
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sldeal View Post
Hey Maggie, when I was going to the gym it didn't bother me to workout in front of the guys I found most of them were so into their muscles they weren't checking for anyone. It was the ladies that intimidated me. I always wore an old t-shirt, floppy shorts & worn sneakers (nothing matched); the ladies on the other hand had everything matching and fitting and those who had a shape showed it! I always felt like a rag doll around them. Excellent you found a routine on youtube to push you on. Keep up the good work.
I think the ladies can be caddy and I hate that too. I think you might be right about the men spending time just checking out their muscles so they are not paying attention to the ladies. I really don't want to find out but maybe me going with my DS early in the morning would work for me. Thanks for the support, have a good day.
Old 02-28-2013, 04:48 AM   #442
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
Morning Maggie! Yeah for moving/exercising I'd forgotten that I picked up a few Zumba moves using yt too...it was funny with my sons watching so yeah, I would feel awkward in front of other men too. LOL @ hubby watching jiggly parts..but not for long! Especially with hcg..that stuff melts you!!!
I know the Hcg Protocol melts the fat but I gots lots of it Shari! There is no way around the jiggly parts it is here to stay and the only way it will be gone is through extensive surgery! Not a laughing matter! Anyhoo, Zumba on Youtube is the plan for now and we shall see what the future holds as far as trying it again somewhere else. I am just glad that I am moving and working on doing something about it, I will work on the jiggly stuff later when it's all said and done. Have a great day Shari!
Old 02-28-2013, 05:15 AM   #443

Go Maggie!!.. So happy you are doing well, and keeping up the exercise

How many days now?..
Old 02-28-2013, 05:39 AM   #444
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Heya Deb, let's see day # 11 I believe. I am only weighing myself once a week however which is alright with me. I feel myself shrinking which is a good thing but I must admit I was a tad hungry yesterday. It seems I couldn't get enough protein so I did have more in the way of cottage cheese. Diary is somewhat a problem area for me so I need to be careful. IDK I felt more protein deprived yeaterday and not so much fruit, carb(grisinni) or veggie deprived so I went ahead and had extra. IDK what it did to me scale wise because I didn't weigh so I will go with what I get on Monday which is my weigh in. MY plan is to just keep going and if I flub up keep going until I get the weight off that will satisfy me. How's it going in your neck of the woods?

BTW- The whole family ate out last Saturday when DS got home and I ordered for the first time in a resturant what I wanted and stuck to protocol as much as I could. Let's see I drank water, had a dry salad with lemon wedges on the side for dressing(I didn't eat the carrots that was in it but pretty much ate everything else), ordered a 5 oz. chicken breast with no grill baste or seasonings on it and no oils, steammed green beans(no seasonings on this just plan, I know this isn't official Simeone's but it was okay). It was neat because DS#2 cooked it all because he is the Grill cook at Carrabas(can you believe it DS#1 wanted to go there? It's an Italian resturant , yikes)and he made my chicken just the way I wanted it and knew I needed no fat so he cleaned off the grill where they put the meats to cook and said that he special ordered just for me. The dinner was fine and I am sooo proud of myself because everyone was just looking at me as I ordered this meal as much to the HCG protocol as I could. My DS#1 told me later how proud he was of me and should do that more often for himself when ordering in a resturant. I know I can do this again if I need to.

Last edited by MagieDen; 02-28-2013 at 05:47 AM..
Old 02-28-2013, 06:32 AM   #445
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You can definitely do it! Great job with the ordering; that's a huge accomplishment!
Old 02-28-2013, 06:49 AM   #446
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineCQ View Post
You can definitely do it! Great job with the ordering; that's a huge accomplishment!
Thanks Christine, I was pretty proud of myself that night.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:58 AM   #447
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Quote:

WTG!! I love it!! I'm going back to protocol next week myself and really encouraged that your round is going well! I'm not planning to weigh daily either. We'll see if I can do it weekly. I like the encouragement. And I plan to keep exercising through P2 too. I think that'll help a lot and keep the gain in P3/P4 when I add it back.

Quote:
Blonde hubby called from a friends house last night and said "hey go outside and take a look at the moon!" It was huge and slightly red so when he got home we wondered about it and of course googled as to why it looked this way and it said that in February the moon looks this way and it is called a Snow Moon. It is definitely appropriate because we are getting at least 6-8 inches of snow today. I am so grateful I can just enjoy it and not drive in it like my DH has to. As you know I am a California gal but I have come to like 3 of the 4 seasons here. I like Fall, Spring and Winter but I can do without the humid Summer of Michigan. I am hoping DH will be on board with me for retiring to North Carolina, I want to be near Merytl Beach and visit there often.

Have a nice day!

Love the Carolinas! Used to vacation every summer at Calabash NC. Right above Myrtle Beach. We'd go to Sunset beach every day- Perfect beach! And MB was a quick 20 minutes away for restaurants and shopping butt not the insane crowds! That would be lovely! (but talk about humidity? ).
Love your dining out story! WTG!!
julieboolie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:02 AM   #448
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
WTG!! I love it!! I'm going back to protocol next week myself and really encouraged that your round is going well! I'm not planning to weigh daily either. We'll see if I can do it weekly. I like the encouragement. And I plan to keep exercising through P2 too. I think that'll help a lot and keep the gain in P3/P4 when I add it back.

Love the Carolinas! Used to vacation every summer at Calabash NC. Right above Myrtle Beach. We'd go to Sunset beach every day- Perfect beach! And MB was a quick 20 minutes away for restaurants and shopping butt not the insane crowds! That would be lovely! (but talk about humidity? ).
Love your dining out story! WTG!!
I know you really don't want to do another round but I am glad that I will have some company on this plan. It is weird I am actually liking the limited vegetables I eat especially celery. I probably won't be saying this after I get closer to ending my round which will not be any time soon. I would to move to North Carolina, hubby would like to also so we need to start thinking about this alot more and make some plans for the future to do this. Not wanting the insane crowds of Myrtle beach but just living close to the beach again, I know YOU all wish you all could be California girls but alas only some of us can be. I miss the ocean and visited it often growing up in Southern Cali. Enjoy your trip and say hi to Shelby for me, she is doing great with working the Hcg Protocol.
Old 02-28-2013, 11:34 AM   #449
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So what's for dinner?

Making some Salsa Chicken tonight for the hubby and I am having Tacos!!! Alright I am having my P2 rendition of Tacos. More likte lettuce wraps with lean ground beef and tomatoes but no cheese, corn tortilla, sour cream and other goodies one would have in a taco. So what's for dinner at your home.

Old 03-01-2013, 05:14 AM   #450

Hope it was YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a great day and weekend Maggie!..