Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2013, 02:26 PM   #331
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sldeal
Stats: 187/165/150
WOE: Atkins 72/Fast5
Start Date: December 27, 2012
Wanted to send you a party band to help you celebrate today! Hope you're having a fantastic day!
sldeal is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2013, 03:30 AM   #332
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/work in progress/140?
WOE: LC/HCG
Good Morning Maggie! I hope you had a great Birthday!!.. have a wonderful day today also!
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:39 AM   #333

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/???/160-mini goal
WOE: Low carb
Good morning Maggie, hope your day was as special as you are!
shari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:05 AM   #334
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Good Tuesday morning to all you lovely ladies!

Thank you all so much for the birthday wishes you are all so thoughtful. I didn't really do anything too special but Sunday hubby and I went to see the movie Guilt Trip so we could have a laugh. The movie was alright but I was looking to have a really good laugh and the movie just didn't produce that for me, oh well it was cute however. I didn't have any movie popcorn, yeah me! I had a single serving of almond nuts that I(I hate to say it ) sneaked in my purse and that was it. Hey, if they served nuts at the movie theatre maybe I would buy some but I am sure they would be sooooo expensive(the popcorn combo certainly is ). So anyway yesterday my youngest son came over and he is mostly broke but gave me a birthday hug and said when he got paid he would do something special for me so that was nice. My son who is stationed in Alaska(btw- DDIL will be back in Michigan on the 7th of Feb. to look for an apartment for them because DS will be offically out of the Army and back in Michigan on Feb. 22. I am soooo excited! ) called me to wish me a Happy Birthday and said a big thank you for being his mom. I love that my brithdays are simple because I am a private person for the most part and trully don't like to be put on the spot. I didn't want to go out to eat for my birthday because our Anniversary is coming up and we are eating out at a fancy resturant so I wanted to wait till then to eat out. MIL wants to take me out to a Greek Resturant that I like on Wednesday and have their Greek Salad that I like but I don't want to do that and need to tell her and only pray that her feelings don't get hurt. I will let her know I will do it at another time so maybe she will understand. I made Linda Sue's Rasberry Almond Coffee Cake for my birthday cake hubby really liked it and so did I. He took the last of the crumb cake to work this morning for his snack so no more crumb cake. I did a 1.5 mile walk last night and another this morning. I want to get 31 mies in for the month because I want to consistently walk 1 mile every morning on the treadmill and then in the Spring/Summer pick up with walking with DH outside. Well we got our freezing rain and snow yesterday but the temps. perked right up and melted it all and now we just have some rain today along with some fog. I will be working on the next 2 weeks not having any nuts, AS, or dairy(well some cheese & butter ). I think these products cause problems for me so I am giving it 2 weeks to cleanse my system and see what happens. Because I am working on weeding dairy out for the 2 weeks I will not have my beloved coffee. I know, I know I put HWC in it and I need to stop and see how I do without it. I will however have 1 small cup at church on Sunday(I need the caffeine to stay awake for the sermon ). I can do this for 2 weeks I know I can. So it start today and I am having my H20 and no other flavored drinks for 2 weeks as well. I need to get the sweet taste out of my mouth so we shall see how this all goes. I am doing this for a few reasons and not so much to see if I fair on the scale though it would be nice. I want to drink something different other than water on special occasions or times when I go out and not have anything at home. For Christmas we got a Soda Stream and since having it my desire for pop is almost gone. Hubby likes it and has me make him some diet pop like Root Beer in it so he is drinking it mostly. I want to cleanse my mind and body for 2 weeks so it will be a challenge because old habits die hard. So anyway that is what I will be doing for the next 2 weeks, I hope you all have a swell Tuesday!

MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:55 AM   #335
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Happy2be
Stats: 237/223.2/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 2, 2009
That sounds like a good plan. Dh and I were drinking mostly water for the past month mostly because of necessity because we were watching our money and I felt it wasn't a need. I missed not having it but it didn't kill me. Good luck.

Glad to hear you had a good bday. Super exciting that your son and dil will be moving back soon. Family being away is so hard.
Happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:35 AM   #336

It DOES sound like a great plan Maggie!!.. you can do it!!..
Old 01-29-2013, 04:35 PM   #337
Senior LCF Member

Maggie, I like our goals, and I'm sure you can do it. I've often contemplated stop putting sweetener in my tea, but because I can't put cream in my tea until after 2pm I hate the after taste tea plain tea leaves. I know I should drink more water, but it's difficult for me to do that on an empty stomach. It appears I break one habit (carbs) to only get into another (sweeteners). I'll be right here cheering you on!
Old 01-30-2013, 03:33 AM   #338

Congrats on your son coming home!! Glad you had a nice birthday. Great plan!
Old 01-30-2013, 11:58 AM   #339
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sldeal View Post
Maggie, I like our goals, and I'm sure you can do it. I've often contemplated stop putting sweetener in my tea, but because I can't put cream in my tea until after 2pm I hate the after taste tea plain tea leaves. I know I should drink more water, but it's difficult for me to do that on an empty stomach. It appears I break one habit (carbs) to only get into another (sweeteners). I'll be right here cheering you on!
Oops, what I meant to say was I like your goals...
Old 01-31-2013, 05:15 AM   #340

Good Morning Maggie!! Hope you have a great day, and all is well..
Old 02-01-2013, 04:40 AM   #341

Morning Maggie!!
Old 02-01-2013, 05:00 AM   #342
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Friday morning ladies!

Well January brought me a release of 5 lbs. and I can deal with that. I am still taking this weightloss thing one day at a time with all it's ups and downs. I am still walking on my dreadmill oh I mean treadmill so that is good. No big plans for the weekend just getting some much needed housework done. Snow here in Michigan of course and a terrible freeway accident because of the snow yesterday with a few dead. Heard that other states had this happen as well, so sad. I like the snow but hate to drive in it. Hubby takes the same freeway daily to work but it happened after he was at work so I am grateful for that but saddened that other people were hurt. Well need to clean the church I attend today so I am not walking because I go up and down soooo many stairs for a few hours and I look at that as my exercise for the day and I actually hurt from doing it and just lay around an hour or so after I am done so it is a workout in itself. Nothing else to really report but hope everyone has a great Friday and weekend.

BTW: My avitar is a picture of the Mighty Mackinaw Bridge here in Michigan that joins the Lower Pennisula with the Upper Pennisula. I am wanting to walk it on Labor Day weekend. It is the world's 3rd. longest suspension bridge. It is a 5 mile walk and it is a yearly thing that many people do. Hubby is not sure if he is game but I am so he may do it with me or may not. I actually hope he does.

Last edited by MagieDen; 02-01-2013 at 05:15 AM..
Old 02-01-2013, 05:27 AM   #343

Congrats on the 5 pounds Maggie!!! One day at a time, is exactly right!

That bridge looks like a great challenge my dear! I know you can do that!!..

Keep on your daily path, and enjoy each day.. one way or another! Have fun cleaning your church, I remember you talking about it before, and it is a WORKOUT!!!... Have a great Friday and Weekend Maggie!
Old 02-01-2013, 05:58 AM   #344
Senior LCF Member

So happy for your 5lb loss! That would be excellent if you could walk that bridge, with all the practice you're getting on your treadmill I'm sure you'll be ready. Enjoy the weekend.
Old 02-01-2013, 06:56 AM   #345
Major LCF Poster!

Yay for 5 lbs. .

That bridge and the walk sounds fun.

Sorry to hear about the fatalities of the winter yesterday. We had two this week too.n .
Old 02-02-2013, 05:01 AM   #346

Congrats Maggie on the loss!! Love the avi and I know you will be well prepared because you're working out now! Hope hubby joins you. :love
It is sad to hear of the deaths when accidents happen.
Old 02-02-2013, 07:52 AM   #347
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Stats: 254.2/222.8/140
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Congrat's on the loss, Maggie! Great job
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 01:53 PM   #348
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Saturday afternoon LCF's! This saying is off of my calender that sits right in front of me and my computer so I thought I would tell you what it says.

Your future depend on many things,
but mostly on YOU.

If I want to reach my weightloss goal I NEED to count myself fully in because no one, no one can do this for me. I may get support along the way but I and I alone can make it happen. At times it gets tough and that is where I can get by with a little help from my friends but I know it is myself that decides what I put into my mouth. This comes with alot of responsibility and at times I have a fit and want to eat anything I want, why can't I? I know in my head that this body can only take so much and I am the one who chooses to cause more collaterale damage to it. My body depends on ME to do the right thing and IF I want to be healthy and fit I need to just do what I need to do to make that happen.

Choosing to & honor myself today.

Old 02-04-2013, 07:49 AM   #349
Senior LCF Member

Maggie, great motivation and you're right we control what goes into our body and we control our weight. My biggest problem is patience, but I'm learning. Getting to our weight goal is a learning process for us all, but I'm sure we can get there if we remember it's up to us.

Have a great Monday!
Old 02-04-2013, 09:25 AM   #350
Major LCF Poster!

Great quote.!!!!
Old 02-05-2013, 12:24 PM   #351

Hey Maggie, see from your posts that we all share a common theme right now.

Your future depend on many things,
but mostly on YOU

Old 02-05-2013, 03:35 PM   #352
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/IDK/140
WOE: Currently JUDDD
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Hey Girl! sorry it took me so long to stop by, I had no idea you were posting again! Yay!!!
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:57 AM   #353
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well it is Wednesday and I made it 1 week without coffee and cream or sweetner in it. Well that was on Monday that I made it 1 week and then yesterday "BAM" I had some. Today is a new day, thank God and I have decided to have Green Tea, no cream because I don't care for cream in tea. I have decided to add Stevia(SweetLeaf) however and I also threw out any other sweetners I have. Stevia helps our gut flora in our digestive tract and that is an + in my book. I don't know how many cups of Green Tea I will have today but I am hoping to have at least 3 because I guess it has benefits to our health(I need to read up a bit more on this). I am sad to read that so many of us are struggling in our journey to becoming healthier and so many of us are stuck on a number on the scale. I need to work on so many things in my life and I need to work on those things one item at a time. I have my walking down and I am happy about that and today I am working on eliminating some AF sweetners I have been having so that is good. I got my walking in this morning and my morning is off to a good start so I am feeling good about that and I used my upper hand held weights when I walked so I got a good upper body workout done as well. I don't have a date with the scale until March 1st. so I am alright with that. I need to take this thing one day at a time because I have less anxiety about it all so this works for me. My hair has grown out this winter and I need a desperate haircut but I can't decide how I want it cut. I will need to get on the ball about my decision because my hair definitely needs a new style and cut. Nothing else to report on, will be visiting journals here soon.

Have a blessed day!

Last edited by MagieDen; 02-06-2013 at 05:58 AM..
Old 02-06-2013, 08:01 AM   #354
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/IDK/140
WOE: Currently JUDDD
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Hi Maggie

Two thumbs up to green tea!
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:48 AM   #355

You're right, trying to do too many things at one time can become overwhelming. You're knocking goals down one by one though and in the end it'll really but a total lifestyle change. I drank green tea too when I detoxed from coffee (a looong time ago lol). It helped lessen the withdrawal symptoms. Plus, green tea is so much healthier!
Old 02-06-2013, 09:04 AM   #356
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
You're right, trying to do too many things at one time can become overwhelming. You're knocking goals down one by one though and in the end it'll really but a total lifestyle change. I drank green tea too when I detoxed from coffee (a looong time ago lol). It helped lessen the withdrawal symptoms. Plus, green tea is so much healthier!
Hey Shari I love your new Avi. I liked the picture of you and your boys but the pretty pink flower makes me think of Spring. I know you appreciate Spring after a long Winter. You are right working on one thing at a time. I think I am going to be alright not drinking coffee I am just having a struggle with giving up what goes in it so psychologically I thought I would eliminate the coffee and drink something else and see if that helps me some. I ended up having water instead of coffee at church this past Sunday and I didn't miss having any. I am drinking decaffineated green tea but I drink 1/2 the caffeine coffee anyway so hopefully I won't run into too much trouble working on getting it out. I would like to have coffee occasionally so that is what I am working on, it's a process. I just had my 2nd cup and put no stevia in it, yay me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
Hi Maggie

Two thumbs up to green tea!
Thanks for your support Blonde, working on temporarily kicking the cream/sweetner in my coffee habit. I actually think I can do it this time. Have a nice day.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:20 AM   #357

Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/199.2/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Hi Maggie! I try to only drink one cup of coffee in the morning. If I drink any after that I can't sleep at all. Great job on keeping up the exercise! I think I'm trying to do too many things at once as well. I'm dieting, quitting smoking, and "thinking" about exercising I just need a good push to get started
Gracie514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:32 AM   #358
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie514 View Post
Hi Maggie! I try to only drink one cup of coffee in the morning. If I drink any after that I can't sleep at all. Great job on keeping up the exercise! I think I'm trying to do too many things at once as well. I'm dieting, quitting smoking, and "thinking" about exercising I just need a good push to get started
Oh Gracie I can sympathize with you. How is breaking the habit of not smoking going for you? My problem with coffee is that I do want to give up dairy and AFS but I like to put those things in my coffee or it's just not coffee to me. I have a huge 10 oz. cup and then sometimes can have another mid-morning but I have stopped. I WILL not have any diary, I WILL not!!!!(trying to convince myself, well today I have myself convinced ). What I mean by diary is HWC, cream cheese, cheese, yogurt(no not Greek Yogurt!) not too sure about butter at this point maybe cutting down on it. I know diairy is a problem for me so I need to work on eliminating it from my diet at the moment. We all know what to do, now we just need to do it! Hang in there Gracie.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:48 AM   #359

Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/199.2/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagieDen View Post
Oh Gracie I can sympathize with you. How is breaking the habit of not smoking going for you? My problem with coffee is that I do want to give up dairy and AFS but I like to put those things in my coffee or it's just not coffee to me. I have a huge 10 oz. cup and then sometimes can have another mid-morning but I have stopped. I WILL not have any diary, I WILL not!!!!(trying to convince myself, well today I have myself convinced ). What I mean by diary is HWC, cream cheese, cheese, yogurt(no not Greek Yogurt!) not too sure about butter at this point maybe cutting down on it. I know diairy is a problem for me so I need to work on eliminating it from my diet at the moment. We all know what to do, now we just need to do it! Hang in there Gracie.
I'm doing good with not smoking. I don't really think about it much during the week. It's the weekends that really challenge me. We had the superbowl party and there were maybe 3 people who smoke. Of course they had to go outside in the freezing cold so it wasn't near me but I could smell it when they came back in. I had 2 beers and then switched back to water/diet pepsi and did not smoke I was never an avid, pack a day smoker. I was more of a social smoker or emotional smoker. Since December 30th I've had 3 cigarettes - so that's 38 days. I had 3 cigarettes the night we went out with friends. I didn't dwell on it and just picked back up like I am a nonsmoker. I can't change the fact that I broke my streak but usually if I was out with friends having cocktails I could seriously smoke a whole of a heck lot more than that
1/5/14 GOAL #1 BACK TO ONEDERLAND 3/4/14 MADE IT
3/4/14 GOAL #2 194.6 (20 LBS EVICTED FOR 2014)
TAKING IT ONE DAY AT A TIME
Gracie514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:17 PM   #360
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagieDen View Post
Well it is Wednesday and I made it 1 week without coffee and cream or sweetner in it. Well that was on Monday that I made it 1 week and then yesterday "BAM" I had some. Today is a new day, thank God and I have decided to have Green Tea, no cream because I don't care for cream in tea. I have decided to add Stevia(SweetLeaf) however and I also threw out any other sweetners I have. Stevia helps our gut flora in our digestive tract and that is an + in my book. I don't know how many cups of Green Tea I will have today but I am hoping to have at least 3 because I guess it has benefits to our health(I need to read up a bit more on this). I am sad to read that so many of us are struggling in our journey to becoming healthier and so many of us are stuck on a number on the scale. I need to work on so many things in my life and I need to work on those things one item at a time. I have my walking down and I am happy about that and today I am working on eliminating some AF sweetners I have been having so that is good. I got my walking in this morning and my morning is off to a good start so I am feeling good about that and I used my upper hand held weights when I walked so I got a good upper body workout done as well. I don't have a date with the scale until March 1st. so I am alright with that. I need to take this thing one day at a time because I have less anxiety about it all so this works for me. My hair has grown out this winter and I need a desperate haircut but I can't decide how I want it cut. I will need to get on the ball about my decision because my hair definitely needs a new style and cut. Nothing else to report on, will be visiting journals here soon.

Have a blessed day!

Maggie, good luck with the elimination. For now I just have to take it one step at a time. My first goal is trying to eliminate all of those bad carbs from my diet, that's going to take some time. Maybe by next year, like you, I can work on eliminating a lot of artificial sweetners from my diet. I'm like you when it comes to dairy. I love dairy, cheese, eggs, cream all of it I don't know if I can ever eliminate those from my diet. But who knows, for now I'm content taking baby steps.

Hey a new hair cut, for the new you sounds great! Keep us posted on what you decide.

"Remember, your tape measure is a better friend than your scale, not only more accurate, but better able to report on the actual fat losses..." Dr. Atkins

Mini Goals
Size 12 - April 2013 - Goal met April 1, 2013
Size 10 - Nov 2013
Size 8 - April 2014 (this will take a miracle)