Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2013, 02:35 PM   #301
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
Maggie, good luck with today!. I am also glad your hubby could take his Mom to the doc.. I know how you feel!!!. Hope all is well with her also.

Hang in there Maggie! When you get to the "other side" of TOM, it is wonderful!.. No more monthly ANYTHING... no mood swings, no bloat, no retention.. none of that nonsense!.

Have a great Monday!
Yep my honey took his mother out for breakfast and lunch so I had most of the day to myself in solitude. He came home and said his mother almost had a heart attack because he spun out on a road and almost hit a tree. He grew up here in Michigan and knows the roads pretty well but the snow was fresh and slippery so they twirled. They both are alright and so is his car , thank God. Her foot has to have new surgery so she won't be in pain but I am not sure she is going to go for it but that is the only way the pain will stop because she has arthiritis in the one toe. I pray she makes the best decision but it is hard. She will continue to have pain if the surgery isn't done. Oh having no TOM sounds heavenly Deb it really does. I had to take a nap today because I was so miserable, feeling better now. No retention today, my feet looked like Hobbit feet yesterday short at swollen but thank goodness no hair on them. Hubby says we will go out and celebrate when there is no more TOM, oh this can't come to soon. Well have a nice night Deb.
MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2013, 05:18 AM   #302
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/work in progress/140?
WOE: LC/HCG
Hope you are feeling better today Maggie! I did 1.5 miles yesterday, while watching the Biggest Loser... I always feel bad sitting in my recliner watching TV. May as well do something...

Have a great day, and FEEL BETTER!!!
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:34 AM   #303
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Hope you are feeling better today Maggie! I did 1.5 miles yesterday, while watching the Biggest Loser... I always feel bad sitting in my recliner watching TV. May as well do something...

Have a great day, and FEEL BETTER!!!
Good job on the walking Deb, you are doing it and those legs of yours will be healthy and strong to walk on the beaches in Hawaii. I like the idea of movement while watching T.V. also. I caught some of the Biggest Loser last night but watched while sitting. I am glad you are motivated to get some movement in daily and I am back in the groove of doing that daily, I just want it to stick.

Have a good day!
Old 01-22-2013, 06:43 AM   #304

Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/199.2/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Good morning Maggie! Kudos to you on the exercise I can't seem to find the dang motivation I need. I'm going to attempt Callanetics today and see how I feel.
Gracie514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:47 AM   #305
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie514 View Post
Good morning Maggie! Kudos to you on the exercise I can't seem to find the dang motivation I need. I'm going to attempt Callanetics today and see how I feel.
That's the spirit Gracie! It is soooo colllldddd here Gracie, my tootsies are cold. I have to go out in it though because I was lazy earlier this weekend and didn't grocery shop so I have to go out. Oh well, such is life. Stay warm yourself.

Old 01-23-2013, 08:34 AM   #306
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Happy2be
Stats: 237/223.2/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 2, 2009
Oh I don't like grocery shopping either. Try and have fun.
I hope your mother in law makes the right decision for her health.
Happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:35 AM   #307

Good morning Maggie!
Old 01-23-2013, 08:53 AM   #308
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey ladies, good morning!

Melanie I waited until hubby got home last night and he drove me to the grocery store because I was just not feeling well to go out by myself. Tom is still in the house and he knew I wasn't feeling well to do it alone so he went with me because he figured that was the only way he would get some dinner. MIL decided not to have further surgery on her foot and just live with it the way it is, she realized she shouldn't of had the surgery in the first place. The doctor that did the surgery should have never done it so she is looking into possibly sueing him but is not sure on that one either.

Good morning Gracie how is your day going? Have a nice Wednesday!

Old 01-24-2013, 05:01 AM   #309

morning Gracie, sorry about MIL. I hope things turn out for her in a good way

I also hope YOU feel better!! Seems like Tom is really being a bad guy this time around..

Have a great day Maggie ,as best you can!..
Old 01-24-2013, 05:24 AM   #310

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/???/160-mini goal
WOE: Low carb
Good morning Maggie! Hope you feel better..how sweet of hubby to take you because of TOM. I don't like grocery shopping either and it seems my sons are following in my footsteps because they do all they can to not go with me.
So sorry to hear about your MIL.
shari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:46 AM   #311
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'M SO COOOLLLLDDDDD!!!!!!

Goodness it's so cold here in Michigan I can't stand it!!!! My nose is cold, my feet are cold my hands are cold it feels like when I did the Hhcg Diet. I have been low carbing for quite a bit and keeping the carbs down and exercising so I have no idea if that is making me so cold. I am usually hot so it is a change for me. I am actually sitting here typing with a snow cap on, gloves, warm socks and slippers and a coat on. No the heat isn't turnned down too low it is just where it needs to be, I AM JUST COLD!!!! Did I say I was cold? Winter you either it or hate it and I'm about hatin' it right now. I am going to grap a nice hot mug of Bullet Proof Coffee and see what that does for me. Didn't mean to rant but I think the rant warmmed me up a bit. Have a good warm day everyone!
Old 01-24-2013, 06:11 AM   #312
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sldeal
Stats: 187/165/150
WOE: Atkins 72/Fast5
Start Date: December 27, 2012
Hi Magi, so glad to have found you. Thanks for visiting me and encouraging me! I heard you guys were having some awful weather over there, below freezing??? When we hit 60's over here we're close to freezing Stay wrapped up. I remember reading somewhere that our body burns more calories during the winter trying to stay warm. Not sure how true that is, but whenever you decide to step on the scale again don't be surprise if you see a new low! Take care and I hope you feel better soon.
sldeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:11 AM   #313
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sldeal View Post
Hi Magi, so glad to have found you. Thanks for visiting me and encouraging me! I heard you guys were having some awful weather over there, below freezing??? When we hit 60's over here we're close to freezing Stay wrapped up. I remember reading somewhere that our body burns more calories during the winter trying to stay warm. Not sure how true that is, but whenever you decide to step on the scale again don't be surprise if you see a new low! Take care and I hope you feel better soon.
Thanx for the warm post, I really needed it. It is the afternoon now and about mid-morning I was doing alright but it is weird my right hand and feet are still freezing. I am not weighing until the 1st of February so I hope that silly scale goes down some. Tom is still in the house and I am looking forward to his exit, been eating on plan and it really is a first for me doing this when Tom is in the house. Thanx for dropping by and I am excited about your progress as well. Have a nice Thursday!
Old 01-24-2013, 10:23 AM   #314
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ChristineCQ
Stats: 234/192/159 (5'7")
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 7/26/10 (re-start; original start 6/03)
Good for you!! So hard to stay on plan during Tom.......
ChristineCQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:39 AM   #315
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/161.6/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Hi Mags!! Good to see you posting more!! I took a break too. I find it hard to keep it all in balance and was spending too much time online over-thinking the weight thing. Going to try to keep it all in perspective this time .

I'm giving JUDDD a shot. I'm on my second dd and so far I don't like it! . Hope the scale rewards me .
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:57 AM   #316
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
Hi Mags!! Good to see you posting more!! I took a break too. I find it hard to keep it all in balance and was spending too much time online over-thinking the weight thing. Going to try to keep it all in perspective this time .

I'm giving JUDDD a shot. I'm on my second dd and so far I don't like it! . Hope the scale rewards me .
Hey Julie, yes back to journaling and back to low carbing. I brought back with me released weight and decided I definitely need the support on here and everyone welcomed me back with open arms. Over thinking this diet thing can drive a person batty well at least me. I read and hear great things about JUDDD but I don't want to give it a try because I hate keeping track of calories. Hey, I have a hard enough time sticking with counting my carbs let alone calories! I do hope the scale rewards your efforts as well Julie because you certainly deserve it. Those DD's should be a piece of cake after the Hhcg Diet I would think. Good success to you on JUDDD or any plan you choose.
Old 01-25-2013, 05:15 AM   #317

Hey Mags, happy Friday! It's cold here too..suppose to warm up to the mid 50's next week so it'll feel like summer compared to now. This weather is so unpredictable. Hopefully you're kicking TOM to the curb, congrats on staying on plan despite the visit. He should be coming my way next week so it's my turn to host..ugh.
Old 01-25-2013, 05:27 AM   #318
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
Hey Mags, happy Friday! It's cold here too..suppose to warm up to the mid 50's next week so it'll feel like summer compared to now. This weather is so unpredictable. Hopefully you're kicking TOM to the curb, congrats on staying on plan despite the visit. He should be coming my way next week so it's my turn to host..ugh.

Super cold Shari. Ughhh not sorry TOM will be leaving soon but sorry he will be visiting you soon. I had crazy cravings yesterday afternoon and did my best to ward it off, stayed with LC foods of course but over did it I believe. I am giving the scale a rest until the first however so we shall see what damage I did from yesterdays escapdes. I did get in my 1.5 mile walk this morning so I hope it helps, anything can help at this point.
Old 01-25-2013, 06:04 AM   #319
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sldeal
Stats: 187/165/150
WOE: Atkins 72/Fast5
Start Date: December 27, 2012
Good you were able to get some walking out the way, don't know how you managed that in those low temperatures though. I would have stayed bundled under all those covers. Generally TOM spurs all kinds of cravings, at least you kept it LC so there might not be any damage at all especially with the walking. Anyway you have the right attitude, you're not giving up, that's what's important.
sldeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:11 AM   #320

Hope you are up and at em today! AND FEELING BETTER!! Have a wonderful Friday and weekend!
Old 01-25-2013, 11:28 AM   #321
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sldeal View Post
Good you were able to get some walking out the way, don't know how you managed that in those low temperatures though. I would have stayed bundled under all those covers. Generally TOM spurs all kinds of cravings, at least you kept it LC so there might not be any damage at all especially with the walking. Anyway you have the right attitude, you're not giving up, that's what's important.
The Bahamas sound wonderful right about now! I walk indoors when it snows on my treadmill early in the morning, well not too early around 5:30 before helping the hubby out to work. I just back into walking and am doing about 1 to 1.5 a day for the 17 or 18 days or so. Exercise puts me in a better frame of mind so I am not so much doing it to try to lose on the scale but I know it tones me up and gets those endorphins rolling which is great! I think for those of us who live where we have a season of winter should have something physical to do because it helps us get through those winter blues as well. I was doing great and feeling great because I really didn't have any cravings and then BAM! it hit me hard yesterday and I did overdo my carbs and it seemed NOTHING satisfied me not even extra fat. I decided to take a nap and the cravings stopped and put me in a better frame of mind. I am peri-menapausal so the hormones are over the place. I turn 51 years old on Monday and plan not eating off plan, yes me! Thanks for the support , it means alot!
Old 01-25-2013, 11:35 AM   #322
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Hope you are up and at em today! AND FEELING BETTER!! Have a wonderful Friday and weekend!
Hey Deb, feeling a tad better but this weekend TOM should be gone and I can celebrate me birthday in a better place. You have a wonderful weekend and I am still have your friend in my prayers as well as you honey. I pray that God would give you the words to say to your friend that will bring comfort to her in her time of need. I will pray that the words would come to you just when you need them. My mother died of cancer of the liver so I know what she must look like, definitley not herself. I told my mother when she was dying that God was making a beautiful boutque(sp?) of flowers and he needed to complete it and he was just waiting for her to make it complete. I was thankful she went peaceably and I knew she was with the ONE who created all things who was from the beginning and the end and HE would make all things right and new again one day. My thoughts and heart are with you Deb and especially her family during this time of great grief.
Old 01-25-2013, 03:06 PM   #323
Major LCF Poster!

I hear you on the freezing. Its finally getting warmer here.
Old 01-25-2013, 03:34 PM   #324

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagieDen View Post
Hey Deb, feeling a tad better but this weekend TOM should be gone and I can celebrate me birthday in a better place. You have a wonderful weekend and I am still have your friend in my prayers as well as you honey. I pray that God would give you the words to say to your friend that will bring comfort to her in her time of need. I will pray that the words would come to you just when you need them. My mother died of cancer of the liver so I know what she must look like, definitley not herself. I told my mother when she was dying that God was making a beautiful boutque(sp?) of flowers and he needed to complete it and he was just waiting for her to make it complete. I was thankful she went peaceably and I knew she was with the ONE who created all things who was from the beginning and the end and HE would make all things right and new again one day. My thoughts and heart are with you Deb and especially her family during this time of great grief.
Thank you Maggie, very very conforting words..
Old 01-28-2013, 05:39 AM   #325
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Because I Can! :o)

So this IS my journal so I am going to post this on it!

Happy 51st. Birthday to Me!

Last edited by MagieDen; 01-28-2013 at 05:55 AM..
Old 01-28-2013, 05:49 AM   #326

Happy Birthday Maggie!!! You truly are a gift, to all of us, so I hope you're able to do something special to celebrate YOU!!
Old 01-28-2013, 06:27 AM   #327

YAY something wonderful to celebrate!!!

Thank you for all you do for us Maggie.. you are the bestest!!
Old 01-28-2013, 08:43 AM   #328
Major LCF Poster!

happy Happy Birthday my friend. Enjoy your day!
Old 01-28-2013, 08:49 AM   #329

Happy Birthday Maggie! Enjoy your special day
Old 01-28-2013, 09:24 AM   #330
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Stats: 254.2/222.8/140
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Happy birthday! Hope today is an awesome special day!
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote