Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Weight Loss Journals (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/weight-loss-journals/)
-   -   EPIC ADVENTURES IN HCG LAND Round 1 (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/weight-loss-journals/775762-epic-adventures-hcg-land-round-1-a.html)

Missy's Journey 06-20-2012 11:21 AM

EPIC ADVENTURES IN HCG LAND Round 1

Here I go again. I honestly will never give up until I succeed. My beautiful Grandbaby Aubriella was born a month ago and has changed my life. Yes I was in a terrible rut...my own midlife crisis. Ive lost and gained 100 pounds and just cant live in my own skin any longer. there's not even a lap for my sweet girl to lay on.:cry:

My starting Weight VLCD1 was 296.
VLCD20-291.4
Down 4.6. yes its water I know...but i'll take it.

B: 1/2 apple

L: 3 oz cooked shrimp in 1/2 tomato blended w/ spices

D: P2 lean beef Chili

Gilded Lily 06-21-2012 06:25 AM

You can do it! :) Great start!

Missy's Journey 06-21-2012 09:51 AM

can i just say UUUUGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I always get a sugar free vanilla latte w/ heavy cream...(im adding more fat than usual...so I guess I'm rogue) it keeps me full till way past lunch. today I thought i would ask what other sugar free flavors they had so they said they had mocha and cinnamon..so i ordered one with half mocha and half cinnamon. (I am not a starbucks queen...i just order one thing i dont understand the rest of the menu)

I get to the window and she says one tall mocha...and I pay. Im like hmmm i wonder if there's a difference. so when I get it I say...so this is all sugar free right? and i look at the label and they have used mocha syrup and sugar free cinnamon...so she says sorry and re-makes it. I leave drink and thing ooooh my gooooood this is amazing!...the little bell goes off...something isn't right. but oh well she re-made it so it has to be right...

I decide to look it up and low and behold to make a "mocha" they use this special sauce on top of the other syrups i asked for...24 carbs in one oz. Im soooo mad i could spit. I even lied and told her I was a diabetic just to be sure they made it right. so much for day 3 being a success...i'll probably have killer cravings now all day:cry:

Missy's Journey 06-21-2012 10:02 AM

On a good note, I was down 1.2 pounds this morning. Total Lost 5.8.

I have decided --based on the reading i've done and followed another member here for quite a while--- that I am going to try and eat about 1050 calories a day 75% fat 20% protein, and 5% carbs. I tweaked my menu yesterday to account for the change:

B--1/2 apple (will be cutting this out--im too sensitive to any sugar)

L-- 4 oz shrimp marinated in 1/2 a tomato blended and cilantro and diced cucumber

Sn--small heavy cream latte sugar free

D--p2 chili, but with 1/4 cup of melted shredded cheddar

Missy's Journey 06-22-2012 10:20 AM

Down another 1.6 today...so 7.4 total so far. I know they will slow down and I need to mentally prepare for the slow down and not give up. I must learn how to push thru and persevere to the other side. I expected a gain after that starbucks mishap yesterday. hope i dont rebound tomorrow.

Today is day 4. Always my worst day whenever I cut carbs. If I can make it thru day 4 usually I can keep going. But then as I mentioned when the scale stops moving I get upset and binge. Taking this one day at a time. today i dont really feel all that great like expected...but I've had worse day 4's. I have the inkling of a migraine coming on and I'm pretty tired. But I will just keep swimming :)

yesterdays menu:

B--the supposed latte but turned out to be a mocha from starbucks...I'm sure it had about 24 grams of carbs. didnt finish it all

L--4 oz shrimp and 3 tablespoons of melted cream cheese and red devil

D--P2 Chili with 1 oz of cheddar cheese

noticed I didn't crave as much diet soda yesterday. actually wanted water instead a couple times.

LilacBruze 06-22-2012 02:08 PM

:hiya::hiya::hiya:

Totally supporting and cheering you on, hon! Best of luck to you! Believe me, I had your starting weight and if you would have told me last January that I would be in a pair of size 10 Levi's before Christmas, I would have thought you were insane! HCG is a miracle and you CAN do this!

One thing, just an observation from hanging out on the HCG board for the many, many months I did my rounds, once your hunger starts to decline (the first week is ALWAYS hard), you might want to think about reducing your calories. If you feel you simply MUST eat 1,000 calories, try to get them in the way of extra protein and veggies, NOT fat like in cream because too much fat will stall you something fierce. I would hate for you to get frustrated and give in or give up when you don't see the results you want. People who DO NOT have as much weight to lose as we do can go rogue, eat higher calories, etc. But for people of our size, it is important to stick as close to protocol as possible if you want the miraculous results. Just my $.02.

I know how hard you struggled last year and I am SO very proud of you for deciding to take the plunge. Stick with it and YOU WILL NOT be disappointed!

I am redoing a round to get BACK into those size 10's, had a nightmare couple of months where all I could do was stuff my face or have a nervous breakdown and get admitted somewhere that had padded walls. I chose stuffing my face, of course. I'm in a better place mentally and looking to get back to 160 ASAP!

Bestest of luck to you! :shake:

MagieDen 06-23-2012 12:28 PM

You can do it! :up:

LilacBruze 06-27-2012 10:50 AM

Checking in to see how you're doing!

LilacBruze 07-12-2012 03:48 PM

Bueller?

Hope all is okay?