Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2012, 11:36 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: skyesmom2002
Stats: 194/167/154
WOE: Trim Healthy Mama
Getting Real With Myself

Facebook is killing me! All this photo tagging buisness... These horrible pictures of me keep popping up! To be honest I need to see them. Because for some reason I see myself as a thinner person than I really am .

I know I'm not skinny. I see that scale number every morning. I just seem to not see it in the mirror.

*I need to get real with myself*

I have been a lurker on this sight for many years and it is time to change that.

I have a plan though. I've been taking kickboxing and zumba 6 days a week for three months. And nothing. My eating unfortunately has been horrendous. Sooo I started Juddd on Monday and I'm down 4lbs already!

I'm also going to keep this journal.

Exercise, Juddd & Journal = Happy Facebook Pictures

I'll be back tomorrow

My Journal- Getting Real With Myself
skyesmom2002 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-07-2012, 11:37 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

So today I'm down another pound! I had Zumba this morning and it was an up day for my Juddd rotation. Why is it that on up days I'm not hungry? Oh well.

The push is on. I have my dreaded 20 year High School reunion July 15th. When I received the invitation I had no desire to go. That same day I went to get my nails done and I ran into the girl who is planning the reunion. Mind you I have not seen her since graduation. It was some kind of sign and too weird for me to ignore. Now here I am trying to get myself presentable. Oh why oh why did I have to get my nails done that day?

I didn't drink enough water today. I got to work on that. I have a down day and kickboxing tomorrow.

Well off to bed.....
Old 06-08-2012, 03:08 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BluJ
Good job! You can do this!
BluJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 03:44 AM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: AsmallerME
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2012
Good job! It was great you bumped into the girl, she may have given you the motivation to reach your weight loss goals!

I'm also juddding and love it.
AsmallerME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 03:55 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ChristineCQ
Stats: 234/192/159 (5'7")
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 7/26/10 (re-start; original start 6/03)
Keep up the good work! You can do it!
ChristineCQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 04:51 PM   #6

Gallery: ravenrose
Stats: lost 130 lb so far, and miles to go before I sleep
WOE: low carb controlled calorie
Start Date: June, 2009
yeah, the trouble with pictures is that they catch us unaware so we can't pose attractively like we do for the mirror. it is a downer for sure! LOL

good luck
ravenrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 09:42 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Wow! Thanks for the encouragement everyone. I did write that I was a lurker so I have no idea how to multi-quote. I will figure it out I'm sure...
Old 06-08-2012, 11:13 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

I did not weigh today after my up day. It's better for my state of mind if I don't see the scale bounce. Less mental chatter if you know what I mean.

Well, I had another "optical illusion" today. I was trying on my dress for my DS2 8th grade graduation tomorrow. I thought it looked ok not great but ok. So I had my DS2 take a couple of pictures. I know the camera adds 10lbs but that was just wrong! I had to scramble and find something else to wear. There would have been too much work and spanx involved to make that outfit work . What is with this mirror problem of mine? Does anyone else have this problem?

Anyways, it's my little guys 7th birthday tomorrow and it's an up day! I'm so glad I decided to do Juddd instead of HCG. Now I get to eat cake plus whatever we are doing for graduation celebration meal (DS2 choice). I 've done both diets in the past. I had more success with HCG but I really like dieting half the time.

I did better with my water today but kickboxing hurt tonight (in a good way).

Be back tomorrow
Old 06-09-2012, 05:31 AM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

[QUOTE=skyesmom2002;15712805]

Well, I had another "optical illusion" today. I was trying on my dress for my DS2 8th grade graduation tomorrow. I thought it looked ok not great but ok. So I had my DS2 take a couple of pictures. I know the camera adds 10lbs but that was just wrong! I had to scramble and find something else to wear. There would have been too much work and spanx involved to make that outfit work . What is with this mirror problem of mine? Does anyone else have this problem?

I definitely have this problem. I call it reverse body dysmorphic disorder: Instead of thinking I look WORSE than I do, I think I look BETTER. Just remember that we're our own worst critic. I always ask DH for his opinion because he sees a LOT of people every day. I ask if a "normal person" would wear this out and if it looks ok. He's very honest without being critical.

Anyways, it's my little guys 7th birthday tomorrow and it's an up day! I'm so glad I decided to do Juddd instead of HCG. Now I get to eat cake plus whatever we are doing for graduation celebration meal (DS2 choice). I 've done both diets in the past. I had more success with HCG but I really like dieting half the time.

I've seen lots of success on these boards with JUDDD, so make sure you hit their boards! Happy Bday to your little one, too! Good luck with your plan, and keep us updated.

"When I run, it's me against myself, which means that I always lose." ~Christine

Weight loss journal: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ney-maker.html
Old 06-10-2012, 01:07 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member

I had a very long day with my DS2 graduation and DS3 birthday today. The graduation ceremony was 2 1/2 hours away in Fresno (long story as to why). It was a hike plus the ceremony and the drive back. Then we celebrated DS3 birthday. Not the greatest food choices but it was an up day and I did ok.

I'm at 182 today. I'm going to try not to weigh again for a week. See if I can surprise myself with a great loss.

Thanks Christine! Your lucky that your hubby will give you an honest opinion on your fashion choices. All my guys just shrug and tell me I look fine . I am going to start posting on the Juddd threads. It's hard to break those lurker habits.

Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 06-10-2012, 05:27 AM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Also, multiquoting: Look at the bottom right side of any message. Do you see "quote" and then the next icon, quotation marks? Use the quotation marks to multiquote.

Have a great day!
Old 06-10-2012, 10:25 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineCQ View Post
Also, multiquoting: Look at the bottom right side of any message. Do you see "quote" and then the next icon, quotation marks? Use the quotation marks to multiquote.

Have a great day!
Thank you so much for your warm welcome and advice!
Old 06-10-2012, 11:01 PM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Today was a down day and it was difficult. When I did Juddd before I always did MWF down day schedule and Sunday would be a medium day. But my weight would bounce and I never went past that initial 5lb loss. My other misstep was that I would never track my calories on up days. This time around I am trying to go more by the book. See if I can get some of the great results that others have.

We took our little guy to see Madagascar 3 today. It was cute and "parent friendly". Tomorrow is my families first official day of summer vacation. We have 4 kids and each go to a different school. So they all finished at varying times. I'm looking forward to sleeping in!
Old 06-11-2012, 06:53 PM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Today is an UD and I'm not even hungry. I'm eating just to get my calories in. So weird!

I forgot to mention that my kickboxing teacher asked if I was losing weight. She said she could see it my stomach !

Today was a very lazy day. I let the kids just relax and enjoy their day however they wanted to and so did I . No running around like a crazy person with all of their activities and I'm not even going to kickboxing. Just relaxing...

Back to reality tomorrow.
Old 06-12-2012, 11:27 AM   #15
Senior LCF Member

I just got back from Zumba. I love that class . I was reading an old journal "Beth's Real Life Journey to Success". It was long but so inspiring. Towards the end of her weight loss efforts she began exercising and found Zumba. That is how I got it in my head to try out a class. My son's Kenpo teacher has Zumba and Kickboxing. I asked some of my friends to go with me and it was a blast. I have to admit I looked like an absolute fool for about a week and then I began to learn the moves and now I'm in the front of the class. I totally encourage anyone to just go try it. Taking Zumba has led me into taking Kickboxing class. Kickboxing just rocks! I just pound out my frustrations on that bag! With two teenage boys I have ALOT .
My next step is weights. I'm going to start slow but in the past lifting has done wonders for my body. Baby steps....
I don't think Beth posts anymore but I wanted to thank her for motivating me to get out there and change my life. Journals can be so powerful not only for the writer but also for the readers .
Old 06-13-2012, 06:59 AM   #16
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I used to do zumba, too! Glad you like it. It's a really fun way to workout! Enjoy kickboxing!!

Lifting weights is so great as well. I enjoy that most of all because I really think it helps me the most in the weight loss process.

Have a great day!
Old 06-13-2012, 10:53 PM   #17
Senior LCF Member

I didn't stick to my no weighing plan. But I did lose a pound! I slipped pass my 5 pound sticking point from my last Juddd try. I'm at 6 pounds down. Yay me .

Today was an UD and I had no problem with a lack of appetite like last time. I ate everything in sight. Good thing it was a kickboxing night!
Old 06-13-2012, 11:06 PM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I used to do zumba, too! Glad you like it. It's a really fun way to workout! Enjoy kickboxing!!

Lifting weights is so great as well. I enjoy that most of all because I really think it helps me the most in the weight loss process.

Have a great day!
Christine,
When I used to work out with weights I did with a trainer. I can't afford that right now so I am looking for something I can do at home. Do you work out at a gym or at home? Any suggestions? Thanks for all of the encouragement .
Old 06-14-2012, 06:10 AM   #19
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyesmom2002 View Post
Christine,
When I used to work out with weights I did with a trainer. I can't afford that right now so I am looking for something I can do at home. Do you work out at a gym or at home? Any suggestions? Thanks for all of the encouragement .
I work out at a gym, and I have the luxury of a gym that is free and onsite at work. We also have a program that spits out a new workout each day, so I just need to follow along on my program.

So I am very lucky.

For working out at home, though, I recommend thinking about your priorities in terms of weight lifting. For me, I prefer isometric exercises for the lower body rather than weight-bearing exercises; I notice that I tend to be a little bulkier than I'd like if I do weight-bearing. I do love WB exercises for the upper body, though. If I were going to adapt my gym workout for home, here are some things I'd probably do (and remember that I'm not a professional or a trainer, by any means!):

Abs:
100 reps of the Callanetics (I do 200 of these -- the first example on the video; you can work your way up, and it doesn't take long. When I first started, I couldn't even do 50!)

Legs:
Callanetics leg exercises shown at 1:30; 100 on each leg (steady yourself on a coffee table or something; eventually, you won't need that)

Squats (aim for 50)

Lunges (50 on each leg)

Triceps:
I do this before I get in the shower each day. Put your hands out behind you, palms up, and pulse your arms together, as though you're trying to make them meet in the middle behind your back. Try to bring your arms up as high as you can but keeping your back straight. Do 100 pulses.

Biceps:
I'd use my hand weights for curls, but if you don't have those, work on push ups and planks. Both are good full-body exercises, too.

Back:
Lie on your stomach, hands clasped behind your head, and lift your upper body, like a reverse crunch. Do 15, then rest. Then do another 15.

That might get you started! Good luck.
Old 06-14-2012, 10:33 PM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Thanks so much Christine That was really nice of you to post all of that information. I will have to look into Callanetics. I have done T-Tapp in the past and enjoyed it. I hear great things about Callanetics. I'm thinking of taking some Kettlebell classes. I need to learn the correct form and then work this into my workouts at home.
Old 06-14-2012, 11:18 PM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Every year my DS1 runs in a local 5k on July 4th. This year the whole family is signed up to walk/run. Should be fun. I'd like to run half of it at least. After years of no direction I suddenly have several goals. They're keeping me motivated! Coming here everyday has helped so much. I should have listened to all the advice about journaling years ago...
I had a great day with my eating and exercise
Old 06-15-2012, 05:32 AM   #22
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You're welcome, and good luck. Good for you for signing up for the 5k! I find that goals help keep me motivated as well, and the accountability here is helpful, too! So glad you joined us!
Old 06-15-2012, 01:44 PM   #23
Senior LCF Member

How did I get here? I was never an overweight kid. I was super active with soccer and ballet into my late teens. Even after having my two oldest boys my weight was under control. Sure my body had changed but I was still in a healthy range. My fight with my body began after the birth of our daughter. She was diagnosed with a rare brain defect at 4 days old...
Life just changed after that. I cried every single day for 3 months. I just did not care about anything, especially me. As a mother in that kind of situation you blame yourself. What did I do to cause this? Needless to say I packed on pounds and discovered this fun thing called emotional eating. It took me sometime to wake up out of that fog. Life marches on whether you like it or not. I had other kids I had to be there for and I had this precious little girl that needed the best of me .
I have lost weight from time to time. I just never have been able to have both my diet and exercise on the right track. For some reason the stars have aligned and I am doing both! And on that note I have lost another pound
Old 06-15-2012, 03:50 PM   #24
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Congrats on the additional pound, and I'm glad to hear things are coming together for you. Emotional eating is a tough one, and the situation you describe is one of the most stressful ever!!! But it sounds like you really have a handle on things now, so it's time for you to focus on you. After all, you can't care for the people in your life if you're not caring for yourself first.
Old 06-16-2012, 06:42 PM   #25
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Congrats on the additional pound, and I'm glad to hear things are coming together for you. Emotional eating is a tough one, and the situation you describe is one of the most stressful ever!!! But it sounds like you really have a handle on things now, so it's time for you to focus on you. After all, you can't care for the people in your life if you're not caring for yourself first.
My DD is now 11, outliving the doctors 2 year life expectancy. I am an old pro at this unexpected life of mine. I just picked up a few bad habits from the early years When I reread that post I couldn't believe that it has taken me so long to get my act together! Oh well, better late that never.
Old 06-16-2012, 07:03 PM   #26
Senior LCF Member

Yesterday was a BIG day of eating and I desperatly need my DD today. And I messed up. We went to a party this afternoon and when they served the pizza I just helped myself. I ate 2 pieces before I even remembered that it was a DD. To make matters worse I had to miss Zumba this morning because DS3 had baseball pictures. I'm going to go walk our very steep drive way for half an hour and play Just Dance with my kids on our Wii. That's my plan and I'm sticking to it!
Old 06-17-2012, 06:12 AM   #27
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hope you got in your exercise! Just Dance is hilarious, and a great workout!
Old 06-17-2012, 08:45 PM   #28
Senior LCF Member

Just a short post today, I'm tired. I did have a good DD .
I was at Barnes and Noble the other day and I walked right by the diet book section. I am a major diet book junkie and almost always buy one everytime I'm at the book store. I seem to always be looking for the next best thing. So that is huge thing for me. It shows me that I have settled into JUDDD and am making this my WOE . Hope everyone had a wonderful Father's Day
Old 06-18-2012, 04:27 AM   #29
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good for you!
Old 06-18-2012, 04:25 PM   #30
Senior LCF Member

I took a peek at the scale and....I actually lost .3! I can't believe it! Those 2 UDs were easily 7000 calories combined. I wasn't going to check but thought it would be better for me to face the music! I don't know if losing weight helped in dissuading me from doing that again . I'm having a wonderful yummy UD and will work some of that off with kickboxing tonight. Take care everyone.