Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2012, 06:32 AM   #241
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kare30bear
Stats: 5' 3": 201(16/17)/137.4(5/6)/120(?)
WOE: LC/JUDDD (6/20/12)
Start Date: LC 3/7/11; restarted LC 4/30/12; JUDDD 6/20/12
Thank you for sharing that incident with me, I certainly feel all alone in this when I am cooped up in the house with rare outside interaction. Makes my family seem more normal than I thought.

I'm glad you had a good DD, mine was pretty good too.

Bet you have your hands full running the household alone while hubby is away. You're going to need a spa weekend once it comes through.

Happy Friday Tanya!!!
kare30bear is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-24-2012, 05:56 PM   #242
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Maximoon
Stats: 165-170/155/151, 5'8"
WOE: No sugar, no flour diet
Start Date: April 2012
Hi Tanya,

How was your day? I hope it was great.

It must be difficult to deal with the kids without DH around. I don't know how single moms do it. My DH and DS are away this weekend, so it's just me, and I think that it's a treat to have some alone time. I hope you get to have your spa getaway soon. You deserve it.

Good luck getting ready for the fair---hope that those animals get whipped into shape too! I miss the small county fairs that we used to attend back in Michigan. We don't have the same thing here in Arizona, just the state fair that is focused on the midway and rides and not the animals (NOT the way I prefer it).

Have a great weekend!

Hugs, Jenna
Maximoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 05:45 PM   #243
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: skyesmom2002
Stats: 194/167/154
WOE: Trim Healthy Mama
Hey Everyone,

I didn't get a chance to post last night. I was so tired that I fell asleep on the couch around 8:30. That's crazy early for me .

I've been trying to get fair stuff done today. I need to get to the hospital to see my sister in the morning. My parents called a little bit ago and the doctor came in and said there was nothing more they could do. That she is declining rapidly. Right now she's in there for pain management. Which is not really working since she called my dad this morning to come help her because she couldn't stand it anymore. I hope this takes her fast because I don't want her to suffer like this. I just can't imagine our family without her.

I don't write this to get anyone down. I just have to get it out...

My Journal- Getting Real With Myself
skyesmom2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 02:23 AM   #244
Senior LCF Member

I fell asleep on the coach around 9:00 again. Now I'm wide awake, hence me posting at this late/early hour.

My food was crap today. It was suppose to be a DD. I think I'm just going to start all over on Monday.

I'm going to make a banana cake to bring for my parents, BIL and nephew. I'll probably half the pan before we get there.

I have to confess I'm scared to go to the hospital tomorrow. What do I say? She doesn't want us to talk about her dying. I cant even hold her hand because she is in so much pain and all I want to do is touch her. I don't want to let her go.

I also have practical things I have to do. Like go through photos for the funeral. The majority of my parents photos were lost to water damage.

I've got to get some sleep. I want to get up early and go see her in the morning. I'm trying to avoid my younger brother's visit. There will be a lot of drama with him. Like the police being called type of drama. I'm not kidding

Last edited by skyesmom2002; 08-26-2012 at 02:26 AM..
Old 08-26-2012, 08:07 AM   #245
Major LCF Poster!

Sounds like you have as much drama with your sib as I do with mine. I'll bet most families go through these things in the world on a daily basis. I feel your stress Tanya, I'm right there with ya.

I am so sorry your family is going through this unfortunate situation. It seemed like it was just yesterday that you told us about your sister's diagnosis and now she is slipping away so fast. Just being there with her will be enough for her, she is probably going through so many emotions right now that are hard to deal with and process herself. I hope you find the strength to move forward every day and that she doesn't suffer in pain. You are going through so much right now, it's no wonder you're sleeping is off.

You're such a strong woman, you're going to get through this. Just tell her how much you love her and continue to be there for her and she will not be alone.

Talk to you soon. Hang in there.
Old 08-26-2012, 08:21 AM   #246
Senior LCF Member

Hi Tanya,

Let me say first that I am so sorry that you are going through so much right now. I agree with Karen that you are such a strong woman that you will get through this even though it feels impossible right now. I think that you are courageous doing the practical things like going through pictures even though it is so heartbreaking. I wish I could say something that is more of a comfort to you. It just makes my eyes well up with tears reading your post because you all, especially your sis, are in so much pain.

Love and Hugs and prayers for you and your sis and family, my friend. We look forward to hearing from you again soon...

Jenna
Old 08-27-2012, 08:56 AM   #247
Senior LCF Member

Good morning,

I just wanted to check in quick. I have to work this morning. I'm trying to have a DD today. I need it I feel like a bloated puffer fish! I couldn't think of anything else that's as puffy as I feel !

I went and saw my sis yesterday and her pain was relatively under control. She was able to visit. We did talk about some things she wanted to do when she gets out of the hospital. I'll write about it later when I have time this afternoon. I'll also check on everyone's journal after I'm done with work.

Everyone have a great day
Old 08-27-2012, 09:16 AM   #248
Major LCF Poster!

Good luck on your DD, you'll feel SO much better once you detox...you can do it!

Nice to hear you had a good visit with your sis.

Don't work too hard.
Old 08-27-2012, 05:03 PM   #249
Senior LCF Member

Hello Ladies,

I'm having an ok DD. It's been hard working in the nutrition office. People are always bringing in goodies and samples. It's been hard to say "No". I don't even want the food. Other than the banana bread, THAT was good I will get this back under control. All the stress at home has thrown me. And the depression has sapped all my drive. I am forcing myself to go to Kickboxing tonight. I normally love my classes. Now I just don't even want to be bothered .

My sister had a horrible day Friday which was a blessing in disguise. Because now she is all for taking her pain meds. She finally is willing to admit that she is dying and there are some things that she wants to do in the next couple of weeks. She want's to go to Napa to a spa and drink wine and eat anti pasta. Ok ?!!? She also want's all of our families to go up to my parents houseboat. We spent whole summers up there when we were kids. We have lots of memories there. Her doctors say it's ok. So we will make it happen.

I fell asleep on the coach at 9 last night again! I need to just get ready for bed and crash instead of napping for awhile and then waking up at 10 semi rested .

Oh and Missy Skye is sick. I swear she knows it's going to be a busy week. I think she's sweet but she's really in her room plotting on me! Skye-I think I'll get sick rightttttt now ! The boys have to bring their animals in tomorrow to the fair. Our small pig gained 28 lbs in a week and half . Were not totally in the clear but she should make weight. They also have to go through all of their broiler chickens, weigh them, match them and wash them. The judge is looking for perfect twins. Grand Champions can go anywhere from $250-1200 ! The most my boys have gotten was $500. That's a lot of money for two chickens!

That's enough for now. I have to get dinner into the oven.

Goodnight Friends
Old 08-28-2012, 06:59 AM   #250
Major LCF Poster!

Banana bread is one of my faves, I remember my dad making it when I was younger. Doesn't sound like you did too bad. Right now you have so much going on so maybe you can up your percentages and just maintain until things slow down!?

It's understandable that you're mood has taken a dive, you're going through a painful life event along with all the daily activities you still have to take care of. It's okay to feel that way, it won't last forever and some days are going to be worse than others but you're only human.

All that animal caring sounds like a lot of work. Good luck to your boys at the fair today. I bet it's really rewarding for them to participate in those activities. Sounds like they enjoy it.

Sick is no fun for anyone. Hope you get some good sleep in.
Old 08-28-2012, 07:10 AM   #251
Senior LCF Member

Hi Tanya!!!

Boy you have a lot going on this week. I hope you have the time to sneak in some fun at the fair. Good luck with the animals.

I hope that Miss Skye takes it easy on you and the sickness goes away quickly...

I am so sorry that I can't check in longer, but I've been reading your updates and you are on my mind this busy week. Time to get moving!!

Hugs, Jenna
Old 08-28-2012, 11:36 PM   #252
Senior LCF Member

Hi Everyone,

We got home late from weigh ins at the fair. DS17's pig did not make weight. She was 8lbs too light. Which means he can't sale her at the auction. So we now are trying to find a buyer or we'll have to process her for ourselves. I'm ok with eating other people's pigs but not ours .

I had another half/half day. Not UD calories but not DD either. So I think I'm going to take your advice Karen and go with trying to maintain for a couple of weeks. At least until I can get out of this funk! I'm still going to force myself to go to my exercise classes. I did feel really good last night at Kickboxing.

Missy Skye is better today . She was all snotty, her lungs were making interesting sounds and she had a low grade temp yesterday. Normally when she is like that she tanks quickly. But today no temp and her lungs and nose are behaving themselves. All I can come up with is that she is at a healthy weight now and not so depleted like she used to be. Whatever it is, I will take it !

I've got to get to bed. I have a long day tomorrow. Night All
Old 08-29-2012, 07:12 AM   #253
Major LCF Poster!

I can see how it'd be a little disturbing eating your own animals. I'm sure you can find a buyer for the pigs, these days people want more organic and less processed.

I'm glad Missy Skye is feeling better. Probably gave you quite the scare at first.

I think we all should plan to meet up and have a vacation together someday. We are all running circles lately and on this roller coaster of events and could use some girl fun.

I think you will be fine on maintenance. You just have so much going on and it'll help for you not too worry about weight right now.

Take it easy Tanya.
Old 08-29-2012, 05:14 PM   #254
Senior LCF Member

Hi Everyone,

Just a bad day. My mom called and instead of the two months they gave my sister, she only has days. Her kidneys are shutting down and she is now having a hard time swallowing . I am relieved that she won't suffer with this. I'm leaving now to go be with her.
Old 08-30-2012, 07:34 AM   #255
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ChristineCQ
Stats: 234/192/159 (5'7")
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 7/26/10 (re-start; original start 6/03)

So sorry!! My thoughts are with your family!
ChristineCQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 07:45 AM   #256
Senior LCF Member

Oh, Tanya. That is such hard news to swallow. My thoughts and prayers are with your sister, you, and your family. Please continue to keep us updated as much as you can...

Hugs, Jenna
Old 08-30-2012, 10:20 PM   #257
Major LCF Poster!

Oh wow Tanya....that is really sad news. Thinking of you and your family always.
Old 08-30-2012, 10:51 PM   #258
Senior LCF Member

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for your prayers and good thoughts. I really appreciate them. I don't know why it's so much easier for me to lay out my thoughts and feelings here in this journal. I'm having a hard time opening up about all of this with my friends on the "outside world". I took my older boys to the hospital to say goodbye. My eldest DS17 handles these type of situations well. DS14 was very uncomfortable but he went and I know that he will not regret doing it. I feel like she and I said our goodbyes. Absolutely heart breaking. I think I have cried more this last week than over the course of my whole life. My eldest took pictures of us while we talked. He didn't tell me until we were halfway home. We had stopped to get something to eat. I'm so glad that he did that. They were not posed we were just being. I will always treasure them.

Food- I'm not even thinking about it. I hope I don't do to much damage to myself.

Take care everyone and hug the ones you love...
Old 08-31-2012, 08:37 AM   #259
Major LCF Poster!

I'm just glad you are talking about it, you should have somewhere to put it all out there and let it all go. It's understandable to hold back when speaking to your friends about it, I would probably be the same way.

Those are the best kinds of pictures, I hate posing for pics. The magical ones are taken without even knowing, when they capture a true "moment."

I think you'll be okay with the food for now. No use in worrying about it when you have other things to deal with, I'm sure you will be back on track once life settles down and you can concentrate better.

I read a quote today and thought of you: "Courage is being afraid but going on anyhow." ~Dan Rather.

Take care Tanya!
Old 08-31-2012, 05:29 PM   #260
Senior LCF Member

Hi Tanya,

I was just saying on my blog that it's a great honor for me to be able to share my life with all of you, and to read about your joy and sadness at the mysteries of being human. Thank you for sharing with us!!

Those pictures must be so precious. I don't know if you are the scrapbooking type, but I'll bet that would be a great way to showcase them for the future. I thought of this today when browsing at Michaels.

I hope today is a good day for you. I'll look forward to your next update!

Hugs, Jenna
Old 09-02-2012, 08:08 AM   #261
Major LCF Poster!

Hope you're okay. I know you have a lot going on. Just sending my thoughts and prayers your way.
Old 09-02-2012, 10:05 AM   #262
Senior LCF Member

Ditto, girlfriend. I've been thinking a lot about you too. Take care of yourself...

Hugs to you---Jenna
Old 09-02-2012, 11:29 PM   #263
Senior LCF Member

Hi Ladies,

I have been running like a crazy woman. I've been driving back and forth to the fair and also to my sister's house. I think today will be my last trip there. She was no longer speaking. I went with my younger brother and his wife. There was a ton of people there. There was literally a line down the hall to see her. It pissed me off. I try to look at it as a compliment to my sister. She is an awesome person. People just love her, but come on she is no longer moving or talking. If you haven't seen her in a year you don't need to see her now! But her husband is in charge of that, not me. I'm also very worried about my dad. He looks terrible and he has a bad heart. This has been horrible for my parents.

I weighed my self this morning and I have gained 6 lbs ! I bought some DD staples and will be getting back on the wagon Monday. Tomorrow I am focusing on drinking the water I need to. That's an easy step back into the right headspace I need to be in.

Thank you Girls for checking in on me . It means alot to me .

Good Night....
Old 09-03-2012, 11:49 PM   #264
Senior LCF Member

I thought I would let you all know that my sis died this morning. I've never seen my dad cry before. It was heartwrenching. Losing your child will bring you down to your knees. I shift from numbness to tears in a second.

I was sitting out on her patio when they took her body out. I looked up at this bush in bloom at their fence line and there was a hummingbird. I watched it flying around the bush and when they turned on the van to leave and take her away the bird flew off. I sat out there for awhile waiting for that bird to come back but it never did...Crazy coincidence? Or a sign? I don't know, but it did give me some peace at that time.

Take care everyone.
Old 09-04-2012, 09:57 AM   #265
Major LCF Poster!

How awful Tanya, I am sorry for your loss. You sound peaceful, I'm sure it's hard to tell from the internet, but I hope you are okay.

Your are in my thoughts always. I'm sure this will be a busy week for you and a difficult time...hang in there.
Old 09-04-2012, 04:29 PM   #266
Senior LCF Member

Hi Tanya,

I too am so sorry for the loss of your sister.

I must say that what you said about the hummingbird, I believe, is much more than a random event. It is a true sign of peace and that she is free from her pain. I also see it as a sign that you will always remember her (like in those great pictures you took recently) even when the pain eventually starts to fade.

I pray for you and your family to have the strength to get through this; I know that you will.

Lots of hugs to you, my friend.

Jenna
Old 09-04-2012, 09:11 PM   #267
Major LCF Poster!

Just stopping by to check in with you, I'm sure you're in no mood to really chit chat much. Just want you to know that you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers. Take care Tanya.
Old 09-04-2012, 10:08 PM   #268
Senior LCF Member

Hi Ladies,
Thank you for the support and prayers. I appreciate them. Today was better or I was just more numb. I don't know. It's like I will forget that it's happened and then I will have this awful moment of clarity and remember that she's gone, for real, forever. It's so weird and sad. I was looking at all the comments on her face book and I went through her photos. She had a album of her and little guy. I never noticed it before. She had in the past taken care of him while Skye was in the hospital. So she had a soft spot for him out of all the nieces and nephews. When we visited her in the hospital the Sunday she was doing well, she had him get on the bed to watch the Oakland Raiders play (DS7 LOVES football) he would report the game to her and give her high fives. I'm glad he went, he lightend the mood and made her smile. I'm just going to miss her.

I can't seem to get it together food wise. I need to or all of that hard work is going to be for nothing! I just plan on checking in everyday it helps me from going completely bezerk with the food.

Night all...
Old 09-05-2012, 05:04 PM   #269
Senior LCF Member

Hi, Tanya...

I have been thinking of you a lot today wondering how you're doing. I'm sure that what your feeling is still a state of shock, maybe. You've all been through so much and it seemed to happen so fast. I wish I had some great advice or insight that I could offer to you, but I've never lost anyone that close to me so part of me just doesn't know what to say. I just want you to know that you're in my thoughts, friend.

I think that it is a VERY GOOD idea to check in everyday to keep things in check. Plus we like to hear from ya too!

Take care and I'll check on you later...

Hugs, Jenna
Old 09-05-2012, 10:12 PM   #270
Senior LCF Member

Hi Everyone,

I had the longest busiest day. Which was good for me. I worked until 1 and then picked up little guy. We had to go to Monterey again to his eye doctor. Again the eye doctor! He lost his glasses. Now $265- later....Then we went to DS17's cross country race. After the race little guy had soccer practice/evaluation. They needed coaches. So you guessed it, I'm now coaching six adorable U~8 boys. I used to coach my older boys up to U~8 and then my husband tookover and coached U~10 and up. We got home around 7 made dinner and then ran up to CVS to get Skye's meds. Poor thing, I barely got to see her today .
The busy schedule kept me from being sad. I do know that I have to stay away from my sister's FB because all the posts there are making me bawl.

Food was ehh. Could be better but also could be A LOT worse.

My childhood BFF is coming into town tomorrow to be with the family. Our mom's were BFFs and so are we. Her Mama died Feb 2011 of cancer too. Needless to say our families are close and my sister was her and her brother's babysister. I have a feeling there will be much crying going on .

Good Night All....