LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2012, 03:15 PM   #151
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Maximoon
Stats: 165-170/155/151, 5'8"
WOE: No sugar, no flour diet
Start Date: April 2012
Hi Tanya!

I'm also glad to hear that you are safe and sound at home after the long trip to get the family back together. We only had a 2 hour trip to the camping site this weekend, and I had a whole mess of Doritos on the way up. I can't imagine how much food I would have had during a 7 hour trip.

I must be on the same schedule as you with the eating on the weekends. I am also not gaining but maintaining. I haven't had a significant loss in about 6 weeks. But we'll figure it out eventually, I just know it. I know for me it is going to require the exercise, which I dread. I just need to DO IT.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend, and I look forward to seeing how the week unfolds...

Hugs, Jenna
Maximoon is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-29-2012, 08:40 PM   #152
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kare30bear
Stats: 5' 3": 201(16/17)/137.4(5/6)/120(?)
WOE: LC/JUDDD (6/20/12)
Start Date: LC 3/7/11; restarted LC 4/30/12; JUDDD 6/20/12
I totally just posted in the wrong thread. Either I'm getting old or losing my mind. Sorry Tanya.

Last edited by kare30bear; 07-29-2012 at 08:42 PM.. Reason: wrong thread....oopsie.
kare30bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 10:14 PM   #153
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: skyesmom2002
Stats: 194/173/154
WOE: Low Carb
It was a successful DD. I didn't eat until 3pm. Normally the longest I can go is till 1pm. I ate mainly protein. While I don't do lowcarb as my WOE I do like it for my DDs.

I was VERY lazy today. I did pretty much nothing!

One of my goals for August is to leave the 170s. I've lost 13 pounds so far. I need to lose another 20 to be in a healthy range. I haven't been below 150 since my early 20s so I don't even know how I would look at that point. I got to get out the 170s first though !!!!

Thank you so much ladies for the encouragement . I really appreciate it .

My Journal- Getting Real With Myself
skyesmom2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 04:40 AM   #154
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ChristineCQ
Stats: 234/192/159 (5'7")
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 7/26/10 (re-start; original start 6/03)
Keep up the great work, and enjoy your UD!
ChristineCQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 08:09 AM   #155
Major LCF Poster!

Glad your DD was successful, good job making it to 3pm. I find it easier to just go without as long as possible vs eating little things throughout the day.

You're gonna do it Tanya! You'll be seeing the 160s in no time.

Whatcha doing today? Have a GREAT UD!!
Old 07-30-2012, 09:31 PM   #156
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kare30bear View Post
Glad your DD was successful, good job making it to 3pm. I find it easier to just go without as long as possible vs eating little things throughout the day.

You're gonna do it Tanya! You'll be seeing the 160s in no time.

Whatcha doing today? Have a GREAT UD!!
I agree if I start eating early in the day I'm at my calorie limit way to soon!
Old 07-30-2012, 10:02 PM   #157
Senior LCF Member

Today was another busy day. I don't think it's in my gene makeup to have a slow day . I interviewed a new nurse for my Daughter. Our Monday-Thursday nurse is just not working out. We've had her for a little over a month and she has had three sick days, two half days and has been late three times. I have to trust that she will be there to meet my daughters bus. If there is no one there to get her off or CPS can be called! Evertime the nursing agency calls I'm bracing myself for "she can't make it". This new one is qualified and we will see how it goes. I'm lucky because the nursing supervisor was my girl's nurse previously so she is awesome about her care.

Little guy had an eye apt in Monterey so I dropped DS14 and his friend off at the Aquarium for an hour. You know boys they sped through it like it was a race. Good thing we have those free passes . After that I got home did some housework, made dinner and went to kick boxing while DS 17 took all the boys and the dog to the beach! Whew we're done for the evening and resting up for the next day .

UD was great. We went to Denny's for lunch and Karen I thought of you because I had that apple/ chicken salad. Those nuts and craisens(?) we're so good.
Food was good, exercise was good, water was no good. Ahhh I'll get it all going smooth soon!

My phone is going to die so I've got to go before I lose this looong post.

Ta ta for now
Old 07-31-2012, 07:37 AM   #158
Major LCF Poster!

I'm the same way, slow days aren't really so slow for me either. We really know how to prove being a SAHM IS a job.

Hope the new nurse is better than the last, I would do the same thing. When it comes to your kids you can't take anything less than great, you need to be able to trust that they will take care of them when you aren't there, that's really hard for moms to do in the first place.

My dad was just in Monterey this past weekend scuba diving. (lucky man) Your boys sound really active like you, you've taught them well.

Glad you brought up that salad bc I bought all the items to make it at home and I think I will make that for part of my dinner tonight, can't get enough of it.

Sounds like you had a great and accomplished day. Hope DD isn't too rough on you today, mine have been bad lately but I think it's bc of TOM coming.
Old 07-31-2012, 08:11 AM   #159
Senior LCF Member

Hi Tanya!

Boy, you are one busy lady!! Sounds like you had a good and productive day yesterday.

Hope you get the nurse thing straightened out ASAP. That must be so frustrating. I can identify a bit with you, just a bit. When I was pregnant, I had home nursing too the whole time. They did a pretty good job, but there were a few times when the IV machine would malfunction during the middle of the night because they had set it wrong during the day. Thank God DH was so good at fixing it. We can never take good health lightly, can we? I can't even imagine how difficult that is with a child. I'll be hoping the best for you in that situation.

Good job with the eating and exercise too! I agree with Karen that the water will definitely come. I'll have to try that yummy salad at Denny's sometime. We go there once in a while.

Have a super great day, Tanya.

Take care, hugs, Jenna
Old 07-31-2012, 05:45 PM   #160
Senior LCF Member

Hi Everyone,

I went to the library to post because I'm sick of that darn phone. Who knows when we will get a new computer, my husband is a bit of a procrastinator when it comes to big ticket items .

I went to Zumba this morning and my knee is aching now . I hate to think that I might have to give up that class. It's alot of fun. But I've already had knee surgery when I was in my twenties (old soccer ingury) so I don't want to push it. Maybe I will look into that kettlebell class or take another pilates class.

Food has been good. I think I might be done eating for the day. I plan to have a diet hot chocolate if I feel snacky later.

I'm such a horrible host. My DS14's friend is with us till Sat. and I was going to take them to the movies. They didn't want to see Dark Knight so I wrote a big list of chores, ones that I've been wanting the boys to do. I told them if they did them and with my approval of their work I would take them to Game Stop and buy them each a game. They jumped at it. These were outside farm animal chores (we have 2 pigs,1 duck,3 egg layers and 39 broiler chickens) vacume and wash the SUV, organize the videos and console wires in the living room, and gather all the laundry in his room. It was sooo worth the $37 bucks I spent on them!!! No nagging, just work being done .

Tomorrow we are going hiking in the redwood forest in the Santa Cruz Mountains and then we will do the SC beach boardwalk the next day. That's enough entertaining for me!

I got get to the journals. I only have an hour of computer time .

Bye
Old 07-31-2012, 05:49 PM   #161
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I'm the same way, slow days aren't really so slow for me either. We really know how to prove being a SAHM IS a job.

Hope the new nurse is better than the last, I would do the same thing. When it comes to your kids you can't take anything less than great, you need to be able to trust that they will take care of them when you aren't there, that's really hard for moms to do in the first place.

My dad was just in Monterey this past weekend scuba diving. (lucky man) Your boys sound really active like you, you've taught them well.

Glad you brought up that salad bc I bought all the items to make it at home and I think I will make that for part of my dinner tonight, can't get enough of it.

Sounds like you had a great and accomplished day. Hope DD isn't too rough on you today, mine have been bad lately but I think it's bc of TOM coming.
Lucky Dad! It's really beautiful there. The weather is just spotty in the summer.

I think my eldest son just likes to be busy so he doesn't have to do any work around the house !

DD's have cycles I think. Sometimes they are a piece of cake and sometimes they are horrible! We just have to remember that we can eat whatever (in your WOE) the next day .
Old 07-31-2012, 10:54 PM   #162
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximoon View Post
Hi Tanya!

Boy, you are one busy lady!! Sounds like you had a good and productive day yesterday.

Hope you get the nurse thing straightened out ASAP. That must be so frustrating. I can identify a bit with you, just a bit. When I was pregnant, I had home nursing too the whole time. They did a pretty good job, but there were a few times when the IV machine would malfunction during the middle of the night because they had set it wrong during the day. Thank God DH was so good at fixing it. We can never take good health lightly, can we? I can't even imagine how difficult that is with a child. I'll be hoping the best for you in that situation.

Good job with the eating and exercise too! I agree with Karen that the water will definitely come. I'll have to try that yummy salad at Denny's sometime. We go there once in a while.

Have a super great day, Tanya.

Take care, hugs, Jenna

When you are at home with medical issues you have to be educated and comfortable with your specific issues because you WILL have to eventually take care of it by yourself. We have been sent home with the craziest equipment and medical procedures! They just train us and send us home. I actually was going to school and getting my pre-recs done for a nursing program. My daughter was very ill for several months and I decided to take a little break. I'm not sure if thats the right path for me. Going from home where I'm caring for my daughter to going to work where I will be caring for many. I just don't want to burn out. My job at home is way more important !

Speaking of medical stuff how's your seizure condition? Did they find out why you were having them? I hope they're all gone .

I'm not a huge Denny's fan but my little guy loves it! So I'm glad I tried the salad and now I have a good option when we go (forced) there.You should try it.

Night Jenna
Old 08-01-2012, 10:12 AM   #163
Major LCF Poster!

Not having comp access must really be a bummer. And to think that we just got all this technology within the last 10 years...now what we do without it all.

The first time I was a SAHM with the kids I felt like I was worthless and didn't think of it as a job, this time I make sure to make it a job and take advantage of it as much as possible. DH prefers me being at home with the kids bc it balances our family out nicely...I didn't get anything done at home when working. You sound like a wonderful mom!

I'd say it was well worth the money for them doing that work...I need to do that more often with my kids. Success and satisfaction for both parties.

DDs are so iffy, ya never know how they will go. I'm starting to realize that if I binge more on the UDs on yucky carbs my DDs are worse.

Hoping you're having a great time in Santa Cruz, I went there with my fam when I was a teenager, beaches are the best places to visit.
Old 08-02-2012, 12:53 AM   #164
Senior LCF Member

Just a quick check in. We got all the housework done this morning and then drove up to Big Basin to hike in the redwoods. Which was amazing. A lot of these trees are over 2000 years old . They are huge and magestic. We hiked to a small waterfall. This was all wonderful until the little guys (6&7) started having meltdowns. By the end of it all I needed a Calgon bath !

So remember my daughter's unreliable nurse? Today she texted this morning to tell me she won't be able to make her 12:30-8:30 shift tomorrow, her son has a doctors apt at 3 that she forgot about. I am so frustrated and will not feel bad when she is replaced ! So that changes our plans for the SC Beach Boardwalk trip. I think they'll go over to DS14 BFF house to play airsoft war. Boys love shooting at each other .

My UD was easy and my exercise was the 3 mile hike. I drank half of my water. A pretty great day overall .

I hope you all had a great day too!

Last edited by skyesmom2002; 08-02-2012 at 12:55 AM.. Reason: Writing error
Old 08-02-2012, 01:17 AM   #165
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Not having comp access must really be a bummer. And to think that we just got all this technology within the last 10 years...now what we do without it all.

The first time I was a SAHM with the kids I felt like I was worthless and didn't think of it as a job, this time I make sure to make it a job and take advantage of it as much as possible. DH prefers me being at home with the kids bc it balances our family out nicely...I didn't get anything done at home when working. You sound like a wonderful mom!

I'd say it was well worth the money for them doing that work...I need to do that more often with my kids. Success and satisfaction for both parties.

DDs are so iffy, ya never know how they will go. I'm starting to realize that if I binge more on the UDs on yucky carbs my DDs are worse.

Hoping you're having a great time in Santa Cruz, I went there with my fam when I was a teenager, beaches are the best places to visit.
I know what you mean about being a SAHM. I had to learn how to embrace my choice and not feel shame that I am "just" a stay at home mom. There is a very negative attitude by society towards this choice. This works for our family. I have some great kids and I will have plenty of time when they are gone to figure out what I want to be when "I grow up" ! Thank you so much for the wonderful compliment.

Santa Cruz is a great place to visit! There's a lot of things to do and it is beautiful .

Last edited by skyesmom2002; 08-02-2012 at 01:21 AM.. Reason: Writing error
Old 08-02-2012, 03:33 AM   #166
Senior LCF Member

Hi Tanya,

Here's my late night check-in with you!

It's interesting about the SAHM thing. I too had to overcome some shame and embarassment when I left the full-time work force about 8 years ago when I got pregnant. It's tough when everyone always asks what you do and you can see the look on their face when you say that you are a SAHM. I am still learning to wear that title with pride. Although I work part-time, a couple of days a week, I still consider myself a full-time SAHM. Good for you for making that choice, or perhaps it was made for you.

Are you ready for school to start? When is your first day?

Well, have a great (night) and a super start to your Thursday.

Talk to you soon!

Hugs, Jenna
Old 08-02-2012, 07:12 AM   #167
Major LCF Poster!

So glad to hear you had a great day! The outdoors are peaceful and beautiful to be around. Gotta find me some mountains to climb.

It's unfortunate that you have to replace another nurse, but you're looking out for you DD and she is most important. Mothers just know when something isn't right in their gut, I think you're making a good choice.

Good job getting that water in. It seems easier to do on a DD than an UD, I swear I live in the bathroom on DDs.

Have a great day Tanya!
Old 08-02-2012, 04:36 PM   #168
Senior LCF Member

Hi Tanya,

Just wanted to check in and see what's up with you. What was going on with you today? I hope all is well and wish you a good night.

All is well here. I'm looking forward to the weekend, when we get together with our favorite couple friends. Should be festive. Do you have any special plans?

I hope you're having a great day and I will talk to you again soon.

Hugs to you!

Jenna
Old 08-03-2012, 09:49 AM   #169
Senior LCF Member

Hi Ladies ,

Thanks for checking in on me. We did get a replacement for our nurse yesterday so we were able to go ahead with our plans. We got home late from the Boardwalk (it's the place they filmed the movie The Lost Boys at). We went with DS14's GF, her mom, his BFF, and his NV friend. The kids had a blast! I had fun but at one point my legs felt "funny" because they were so numb! It gets cold when the sun goes down.
I think I'm getting mom of the year because said boys also got to go play in a airsoft war during the day at DS14's BFF's house. While I lugged about 13 loads of laundry (mainly the big boys) to the laundry matt! Our washer is on the fritz . I felt like I was in the clothes folding Olympics because all the loads get done at the same time and you want to get your stuff out of everyones way! It is nice to have it all done but as I write there are new piles of dirty clothes popping up all around my house !!!

Food wise my DD was probably my lowest ever! I was able to ignore all that fried food loveliness and I just sipped on a diet soda ! My stomach is growling so I am going to go start my wonderful UD . I'll visit journals later.

Have a great day!

Last edited by skyesmom2002; 08-03-2012 at 10:01 AM..
Old 08-04-2012, 12:39 AM   #170
Senior LCF Member

Here's my late night check in. My husband and I went to my sister's for a family (my parents and siblings) dinner. No one brought their kids. It was weird, but kinda nice. My sister's cancer has grown during this last chemo round. Not good news. It's almost been a year since she has been fighting it.

Eating was really good. I'm not sure what my calories were but I didn't go crazy.

I think that's all I have to say tonight. I feel kind of quiet and sad. Tomorrow I'll be back in fighting form...
Old 08-04-2012, 05:24 AM   #171
Senior LCF Member

Hi Tanya,

Glad you had a busy and fun day with the fam on the Boardwalk! Sounds like a blast. You are definitely my choice for mom of the year!

Ah, the laundry. I can't imagine how tough that would be lugging it to the laundry mat. Hopefully your washer is back in working order soon. I am up this morning and running a load of towels and LOVING it, but I don't have that much to do, ever. We live in a little ole apartment, but it does have a good washer/dryer inside the unit.

Sorry to hear the news about your sister. I'll be sure to keep her and all of you in my prayers. I think it's okay to feel sad. I have my days when the stress of what we are going through overwhelms me and I feel that way. It's just a natural reaction to a tough situation.

Well, I hope you have a great Saturday, my friend. Talk to you again soon!

Hugs, Jenna
Old 08-04-2012, 03:35 PM   #172
Major LCF Poster!

Good job on DD! I'm glad you made it to the beach.

Laundry seems to never end...the worst part is socks for me. It does help to watch TV while doing laundry, I do that too and it goes by faster. (I think....maybe that's all in my head. )

I'm so sorry to hear about your sister...puts things in perspective with me complaining about mine all the time. It's understandable you would be sad.

Hope you're having a better day today!
Old 08-05-2012, 09:11 AM   #173
Senior LCF Member

Hi Tanya,

Just doing my updates this morning on blogs and wanted to check in with you. What's on tap for today? I am pretty much chilling, doing a bit of cooking and we are doing some pre-birthday back to school shopping for the DS (his 8th b-day is August 17).

Hoping you have a great day.

Hugs, Jenna
Old 08-05-2012, 08:27 PM   #174
Senior LCF Member

Hi All,

Yesterday, it was drive, drive, drive AGAIN! Now we're done with this yearly summer visit! Now the next thing on the agenda is to get the kids ready for school . I'm not ready for school to start. I'm one of those weird moms that like summer vacation .

I decided to have an UD yesterday since I failed miserably on the last two DD driving days. So I didn't even try it. That makes today a DD. I think I might be a little over, but not anything crazy.

Today has been a cleaning day. The boys had things to do outside which means they tracked all kinds of things onto my clean floors! I know better than to clean floors on weekends!!!

Thank you for the good thoughts and prayers for my sister. She needs them.

Now I'm going to check on everyone's journals and see what you have been up to. Good things I hope .
Old 08-06-2012, 09:21 AM   #175
Major LCF Poster!

Hey, we're on the same rotation again.

Us mothers seem to always be cleaning something. Floors never stay clean around here either.

Glad your DD went well, now it's time to eat it up today. I'm trying to be "good" with my food, should be easier with TOM gone now.

Happy Monday!!
Old 08-06-2012, 09:53 AM   #176
Senior LCF Member

I woke up to glorious sunshine (we don't get that often in the morning). It sure changes the way I start my day . I have a lot of errands to run today. Things that I have put off last week.

UD plan is to eat at home. I eat out way too much and I think some of the hidden junk in restaraunt food is stalling me. I'm also pushing water today.

Have a great day everyone !
Old 08-06-2012, 02:43 PM   #177
Senior LCF Member

Hi Tanya!

You are so funny, I also like summer vacation. I know it will all be OK once things get up and going with the school routine, but I never look forward to the start of it all. I thought I was the only one that felt that way.

Glad your driving, driving, driving is done for a while. Ever since I started driving again, I am as cautious as a little old lady. I never used to be a speed demon, but I am now way more prudish than I was before the seizures.

Good luck getting all of your errands done. I am the great procrasinator.

Please do keep us updated on your sister. I will continue to pray for her and you and your family.

Ok, I think it's nearly time for my nap! Talk to you soon!

Hugs, Jenna

PS: thanks for sharing that story about your DH's unemployment and how it all turned out well in the end. I need to hear inspiring news when every day is so tough and it's so hard to be positive...thanks!! Glad to know I'm not alone.
Old 08-07-2012, 07:59 AM   #178
Major LCF Poster!

Good plan Tanya!!

Hope you got lots of that vitamin D yesterday.

You must have been really busy yesterday, you didn't even get to post last night.

DD here we come! Have a good one!
Old 08-07-2012, 08:11 PM   #179
Senior LCF Member

Hello Everyone,

I'm all finished with dinner and dishes so here I am .

It was a bad day. My mom called to tell me that my sister's cancer has spread to her brain. This all started with a growth in her stomach (lymphoma stage2). We thought she would recover after her chemo treatments. It all has just got progressively worse. Now it's in her brain... Please keep her in your prayers.

I swear within minutes of getting off the phone I was in my kitchen searching my cupboards for crap to shove in my mouth. I'm going to keep tomorrow as my UD and then get back on my rotation schedule.

I still have to get the kids ready for school and it's my Sweet Girl's 12th BD on Saturday. I'm thinking we should take her to the movies. She loves her big screen TV so maybe she'd like a really BIG movie screen. I'm scared she might get to loud! She oohs and aahs when she gets excited.

You all have a relaxing night. I'm off to check your journals...
Old 08-07-2012, 09:03 PM   #180
Major LCF Poster!

Happy to see you!

I am so very sorry for all that has happened with your sister, that is devastating. Of course you ate everything in reach, I would too. There is no cure for such heartache and worry. Losing weight would be the last thing on my mind at that point. I wish I had some comforting advice on how to get through it, I'm never too good with words. All I can say is that I will keep her and your family in my prayers as I know you are all worried sick at this point in time.

I say let your sweet girl be loud...it's her birthday and every one else can get over themselves.

Keep your head up Tanya, I know it's got to be hard when there's so much going on in our daily lives that we don't understand the reasons for them happening. We're here for you always!