Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2012, 06:16 PM   #91
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: skyesmom2002
Stats: 194/167/154
WOE: Trim Healthy Mama
I have good news. Looks like we might get to go home tomorrow . Her blood work is not showing anything nasty and her blood cultures have not grown anything. It looks like she just has something viral. The docs just have to be super careful because if she was septic it can be very dangerous.

So her big brother (DS17) is wrestling at a camp about 15 minutes away from the hospital and he's going to come and sit with her for the evening. I'm going to go home for awhile. He's a good boy .

DD has been ok. I don't really know where I am calorie wise because I ate the food here. This hospital has a cool program where they have a menu and you can order from that for a guest tray. The hospital was losing too much money from all the food they were throwing out when they served their own meals.

I did do a kettlebell work out in her room this morning. I'm reading that over and it even sounds crazy to me . All I do is sit on my booty when I am here so I got my kettlebell out of my car, closed the door and did 20 minutes.

My 20 year reunion is Saturday and I haven't shopped for a outfit yet . Of course it's summer so all there is are sleeveless dresses. Not a good look for me!! I'm going to have to do some power shopping .

Maybe next week I can get my room done.

Take care everyone....

My Journal- Getting Real With Myself
skyesmom2002 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2012, 06:19 PM   #92
Senior LCF Member

Hi Jenna . We were posting at the same time. Thank you so much for the prayers .
Old 07-10-2012, 08:45 PM   #93
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kare30bear
Stats: 5' 3": 201(16/17)/137.4(5/6)/120(?)
WOE: LC/JUDDD (6/20/12)
Start Date: LC 3/7/11; restarted LC 4/30/12; JUDDD 6/20/12
Your daughter is beautiful and looks so happy! I will be praying for her to be well and return back to you all soon.

Clothes shopping is only fun when you're not under so much pressure to look great. I hope you find a great outfit to wear to your reunion. Ignore those mirrors, they are hideous and with all that nasty lighting...I thought they were trying to get you to buy their clothes...you'd think they'd improve that.

I wish my kids were that nice to each other, your son sounds so loving and sweet...what a nice big brother he is.

You've got a lot on your plate and are such a strong woman, wife and mother for taking care of all of that. I'm in awe of your strength and determination.
kare30bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 11:41 AM   #94
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kare30bear View Post
Your daughter is beautiful and looks so happy! I will be praying for her to be well and return back to you all soon.

Clothes shopping is only fun when you're not under so much pressure to look great. I hope you find a great outfit to wear to your reunion. Ignore those mirrors, they are hideous and with all that nasty lighting...I thought they were trying to get you to buy their clothes...you'd think they'd improve that.

I wish my kids were that nice to each other, your son sounds so loving and sweet...what a nice big brother he is.

You've got a lot on your plate and are such a strong woman, wife and mother for taking care of all of that. I'm in awe of your strength and determination.
Thank you for the compliments and prayers.

What is with the mirrors and lighting? I don't think women are designing those areas . They would be more user friendly if they were.

My boys are wonderful to their sister not always wonderful to each other ! Our situation is extreme. For all that I would give for her to be healthy I know that she is with us, this way, for a reason. My boys will be better men because they have her in their lives.
Old 07-11-2012, 11:05 PM   #95
Senior LCF Member

My sweet girl was allowed to go home this afternoon! She just had a virus it wasn't a bacteria infection . So we are home . Thank you for all your well wishes and prayers.

UD was good. I ate at the hospital before we left. I asked the lady who takes the orders for the nutrition info (calorie count) on the food I ordered. They didn't have the info . Really? This is a hospital. With a staff of nutritionist? They don't have the calorie count? Crazy! Ok, that's enough of my rant!

I have to say kickboxing felt really great tonight. I beat the crud out of the punching bag!!! That class is wonderful for stress relief.

Have a great night...
Old 07-12-2012, 01:39 PM   #96
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Maximoon
Stats: 165-170/155/151, 5'8"
WOE: No sugar, no flour diet
Start Date: April 2012
Hi Tanya,

I am SOOOO glad that your DD is out of the hospital and that it wasn't more serious!!!! I have really been praying and thinking good thoughts for your whole family a lot.

That is very RIDICULOUS that a hospital doesn't have the nutrition on their own food available!! I just don't understand. I spent the majority of my pregnancy in the hospital and boy, they had their stuff together, especially the dieticians and nutritional staff, in the realm of food service. My husband used to eat in the hospital dining room several times a day and he was able to eat healthy stuff. He actually LOST WEIGHT during my pregnancy, which was fantastic (he has always been a little overweight).

Great that you have your kickboxing and other exercise to blow off steam. I use my exercise, when I do it, for the same purpose. Enjoy!

Have a great day, and take care.

Hugs, Jenna
Maximoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 04:04 PM   #97
Major LCF Poster!

That's great your DD is home and well.

Now I really know I should get back to exercising, I need to relieve some of my frustrations too.

I hate eating anywhere there's no nutrition counts, I pass all together is I am unsure but walk away very frustrated. I think that's why I chose to let it all go this past weekend, I didn't want to analyze the food at the parks we went to. It is absurd to think that a hospital of all places would not have that info.

Have a great night with your family Tanya!
Old 07-12-2012, 10:42 PM   #98
Senior LCF Member

I did it!! I found and bought a dress . I'm so relieved.
One of the gazillion reasons I want/need to lose this weight is that I am so sick of having to pick the just right style, fabric, color, undergarments....

I want to be able to walk in, grab something off the wrack, try it on and LOVE it. It will happen. I am determined.

Thanks Ladies for the support. It sure helps to know that someone is cheering you on .

I'm glad that I wasn't the only one that thought the hospital nutrition thing was weird .

Going to check journals and then go to bed. Night
Old 07-13-2012, 11:47 AM   #99
Major LCF Poster!

That's awesome news about the dress!

I understand what you mean about finding clothes easier and you WILL get there!

I hope you have a fantastic time at your reunion.

Have a wonderful Friday!
Old 07-13-2012, 02:48 PM   #100
Senior LCF Member

Hi, Tanya!

I second the notion that it is awesome you found a dress. What does it look like? We of course would love to see a picture if you feel like it. I am one to talk---I don't even have a picture on my avatar (I am a little shy)...

I have never been to a reunion before; I am somewhat tempted to go to my high school reunion in a few years to see what everyone looks like. I may do it if I am back in the area for another reason (I live in Arizona but I am from Michigan, spent most of my life there).

Any big plans for the weekend? We are laying low and recovering from a busy week.

Take care! Hugs, Jenna
Old 07-13-2012, 09:23 PM   #101
Senior LCF Member

I made a huge mistake in stating that I wanted to lose 5 more pounds before my HS reunion. BIG mistake! I promptly gained a pound and sat at that weight for 9 days. This morning I weighed and I'm down 2 pounds . Thank you lord. Sometimes you need that mental boost. It was starting to drive me crazy just sitting at that weight. On my DD yesterday, I stuck with protein and stayed close to my calorie limit. I've had a really hard time sticking close to my DD calories, hence the weight stall!

I hope I can get a nice picture of hubby and I tomorrow night. If I do I will post it . I didn't go to my 10 year so I'm kind of nervous. It's funny how I seem to be reverting back to that insecure girl. After I bought my dress I start second guessing myself. Was it too dressy, not dressy enough? Are any of these people going to remember me? I was on the FB page for our class I barely recognise anyone! We're going, and I'll have a blast on my date night with hubby at the very least . I'll report back tomorrow...
Old 07-13-2012, 11:43 PM   #102
Major LCF Poster!

Congrats on the loss!!

It's got to be nerve racking to be in that situation, I bet you will look great and have a wonderful time. Funny how much time has passed by but you still find yourself as nervous as the first time you went to a school dance.

Can't wait to hear about your reunion. Get some beauty sleep and enjoy!
Old 07-15-2012, 01:42 PM   #103
Senior LCF Member

Ok, I had so much fun last night ! It was crazy seeing all those people from so long ago. I have to say the guys didn't age so well. There were about four of them that looked the same (grown up versions) The rest were hard to recognise with out looking at the name tag! The women on the other hand looked great. Botox maybe ? They all have done so well in life and I'm happy for them. It's funny, several people told me "You were so nice in highschool" I was, really? That totally made my night. I remember being miserable and unhappy, especially my senior year. I was just done with being there. So I'm glad that I didn't project that .
It was a DD and I saved my calories and then I didn't eat anything! I did have a few drinks (liquid courage).

I didn't realize I had such a farmer tan ! I'll be back to check journals tonight. Have my nieces BD party to go to. Hope your all having a great weekend
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 014.jpg (33.0 KB, 17 views)
Old 07-15-2012, 06:14 PM   #104
Major LCF Poster!

You guys look awesome, you are beautiful! I am so happy to hear you had a great time.

High School is the pits for most of us, I'm sure none of us see ourselves as others did. Those were very nice comments made by your classmates, bet it made your night.
Old 07-15-2012, 06:31 PM   #105
Senior LCF Member

Hi Tanya!

First of all, love the pic. You two make an awesome pair; you both looked great and very cute together. Plus, I love your dress. It was one-shouldered, I think? I am currently OBSESSED with one-shouldered dresses.

I am so glad that you had fun. Isn't it interesting that you thought the gals looked better than the guys...I saw some of my old college girlfriends in their sorority reunion pictures, and boy, time was NOT kind to them. Their hubbies, on the other hand, looked pretty good. Regardless, it's nice when time is kind to us, isn't it? Also, good job with the eating. I know with the stress, even the good kind like anticipation, I would have been chowing down.

Enjoy the party tonight. Talk to you soon!

Hugs, Jenna
Old 07-15-2012, 11:40 PM   #106
Senior LCF Member

Ah, thank you so much for the kind compliments . My DH and I met when I was 16. He was 19 and in the army. So really he's my HS sweetheart
We got married when I was 18 . I know crazy, right. It just has always worked for us.

Here's a different shot of us. I really love the one shoulder style.

Got to get to bed. It's back to reality. Sweet Girl has school tomorrow and I've got to get up early to get her on the bus!

Night All....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 020.jpg (34.5 KB, 15 views)
Old 07-16-2012, 05:30 PM   #107
Senior LCF Member

I'm so irritated with myself. Today is a DD which is no longer a DD. Get what I'm saying? I took two of my boys to see Ice Age. My little guy has become good buds with DS 14's GF's little brother. DS14 loves this because it means he gets to see his girlfriend more often this summer. Even if it means he has to watch "little kid" movies ! So anyway, we went to the movies and I did fine there. Then we went to lunch which was not planned and I ate over my limit . No excuses, all my doing. And I won't be able to go to kickboxing tonight because little guy has a baseball game. I just feel like a big slug.
Old 07-16-2012, 08:53 PM   #108
Major LCF Poster!

We all have those days...I'm sorry things didn't turn out how you planned them today, but tomorrow is a new day.

Kids are hilarious. Dating....

That's so sweet you 2 are HS sweethearts.

The one shoulder dresses are so hot right now. I bought 2 of them but haven't worn either out in public yet. At least I bought them.

Talk to ya later! It'll be okay.
Old 07-17-2012, 12:34 AM   #109
Senior LCF Member

My boy cracks me up! He has been "going out" with his girlfriend for almost two years. He is a one woman man! My eldest on the other hand is trying to give me a heart attack. He took this great girl to prom and my DH asked him when he was taking her out again. DS said he wanted a girl that was more wild! Good God, no mother wants to hear that . I'm glad he is busy with wrestling and doesn't date much!

I actually got to go to kickboxing . Baseball was done sooner than I thought it would be.

Goodnight Everyone...
Old 07-17-2012, 05:03 AM   #110
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ChristineCQ
Stats: 234/192/159 (5'7")
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 7/26/10 (re-start; original start 6/03)
Aw! Look at you, Sassy McSasserson!!! I love the dress; you look stunning! Hope you had a good time at the reunion. I've been thinking about picking up a one-shoulder shirt, but how do you handle the bra situation?? I'm so not a girl and don't know anything about fashion!

LOL at your DS!!!!! How old is he?? My DH would say that he needs to get it out of his system. Yikes.
ChristineCQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 07:50 AM   #111
Major LCF Poster!

Look at you Ms. Determined...glad you got that kickboxing in!

Oh geez, boys sound just as complicated as girls. My oldest DD asked about dating and I almost said okay until I realized she wasn't ready after she spilled her guts about the drama behind the whole thing. I asked her what the difference was between having a boy as a friend and having a boyfriend and she couldn't give me an answer to it. She'll be 12 in Nov. so I know it will be soon where we discuss this issue again, my poor DH has to deal with a house full of girls...he should really find a hobby to get him hanging out with the "guys."

So when your DDs turn into a MD or UD do you readjust for the next day or stay on the same rotation?

Take care Tanya, have a good one!!
Old 07-17-2012, 01:12 PM   #112
Senior LCF Member

Hi Tanya,

Hope you are having a great day!

That scares me what you said about the boys too. I thought they were supposed to be much easier and less complicated than girls! I look at my DS, who is seven almost eight, and can't even imagine him dating, which of course he will do eventually.

Like Karen asked, I am also curious about the rotation adjustment thing, with DD, MD, and UD. I look forward to hearing about your experience.

One more question---what DO you DO about the bra situation with one-shouldered dresses or shirts? I am BIG on top and going without is not an option. That would be frightening.

Have a super one! Talk to you later,

Hugs, Jenna
Old 07-17-2012, 01:23 PM   #113
Major LCF Poster!

I use a strapless bra when I wear my one shouldered shirts. A lot of the shirts these days have built in bras too, but I don't feel comfy wearing those.
Old 07-17-2012, 10:29 PM   #114
Senior LCF Member

Hi Ladies

I used a bandini bra that I got at Target. I wish that I wore a more traditional strapless bra. When I look at the pictures I think the girls look a little low .

I do think boys are easier than girls! There is less drama and tears. Boys just have this wonderful way of moving on. They don't dwell on things like us girls . Good thing. Since I have three of them .

Christine- My eldest is 17, he's never brought home a GF but he does date. Like I said he is very involved in his sports and would have no time to be a boyfriend. I should have known that he wouldn't like the one I liked!

Jenna & Karen- Since I had an unplanned medium day yesterday, I made today a DD. It was just a personal choice. I wanted to get back on track. I'm nervous that with no upcoming "events" I might lose my momentum. I do know that we're not suppose to have two DD's in a row otherwise I'm not aware of any "rules" for that situation.

Karen- I think your husband should take up Golf . He can go with his friends and it takes all day . I always notice how Dads of all girls are so much more patient!

We went to the Monterey Bay Aquarium today. It was fun but very busy. My parents are members so since I packed lunches it only cost me $6 for the frozen yogurt we bought on our way back to the car . Score!!! Tomorrow we are staying home. Lots of laundry and cleaning planned. I have been neglecting the house . I did get Zumba in this morning. I might have to back off on that class because my knees were hurting after class.

Night Everyone...
Old 07-18-2012, 09:30 AM   #115
Major LCF Poster!

Since we have all girls I sometimes have to borrow my nephews to get a feel for that interaction, they really do act differently. I think DH likes when they visit too.

Nice savings on the Aquarium. We had to face the crowds too when we went out to the Zoo and Sea World, I knew it would happen since it's summer, at least you all had a good time together.

Good call on the rotation days, I think I would do the same thing.

I'll have to ask DH is he's ever thought about playing golf. It may be fun to do that together, I've always been curious to try it.
Old 07-18-2012, 10:37 PM   #116
Senior LCF Member

This will be short since I'm doing this on my phone. Our laptop is acting up . I hate computers, they are always breaking down on me .

My DD was successful. I even lost weight! I'm at 174.6 .

Karen- while I love my boys, I do wish I could experience raising a girl. My Daughter is an angel and she will always be my baby girl, literally. We will never go beyond that. So I envy all that girliness going on in your house .

Take it easy everyone...
Old 07-19-2012, 04:46 AM   #117
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ChristineCQ
Stats: 234/192/159 (5'7")
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 7/26/10 (re-start; original start 6/03)
Congrats on the successful DD, Tanya! I hear you on the computers; I get so frustrated sometime!!!
ChristineCQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 08:30 AM   #118
Major LCF Poster!

Electronic anything drives me crazy, I've noticed I don't know as much as I thought I did when it comes to those. DH thinks I'm loopy bc I get so confused just trying to use the remote.

on the loss, that's always exciting. KUTGW!!

Hope you have a great UD!!
Old 07-19-2012, 09:03 AM   #119
Senior LCF Member

Hi Tanya! Good morning to you!

I hope your computer is cooperating this morning. I am also technologically challenged. It drives my DH crazy. He is a typical man, with a giant TV that has all kinds of complicated remotes and is difficult of course to operate.

Good job with your loss! That is encouraging!

I hope that you have a great day. What are you up to? I am just hanging out and doing some cooking today, making an Italian Bake, which is like lasagna w/o noodles.
Old 07-19-2012, 08:47 PM   #120
Senior LCF Member

I went hiking with my friend and our boys today, it was about 3 1/2 miles. Halfway through I was bribing my little guy with Burger King to get him to finish! This evening DS7 had his baseball party at Chuck E Cheese. I try to limit going there to twice a year. It's crazy in there! So it's been nothing but crap food today and it's a DD my only options were salad. I'm salad out now.

That's all for now. Using this phone stinks and I forgot to bring our laptop to my computer guy today. I need to start writing reminder notes, I forget way to many things!